100 lb. Club - Mirror Mirror on the wall..

View Full Version : Mirror Mirror on the wall..

nitrus29
04-25-2013, 05:38 PM
So ever since I started losing a few pounds here n there, I can't stop staring at my reflection ANYWHERE! Be it the mirror, or the glass window in some store or even a glance of my reflection on the picture frames at work! :o

I wouldn't say I see a significant change.. in fact I see no change cos I haven't lost a whole lot yet and I am still wearing the same clothes I have been wearing it's just that they are a bit loose now. What I am getting at is I have never looked at myself like this before. I am noticing the smallest of things and being so overly critical of everything!!

So what was I looking at in the mirror all the while when I was happily not giving a damn and eating whatever I wanted and gaining all the weight? :?:

I can't even look at my old pictures anymore and I am quick to untag pics on facebook these days! Odd cos earlier I'd shamelessly be posting pics of me everywhere thinking I look like woah !! Weird how our minds work, innit? :?:

Are any of you going through anything similar? Where you just hate what you see?

PreciousMissy
04-25-2013, 06:50 PM
I don't "hate" what I see, I'm just displeased with it.

It may all be semantics with the word hate. I see it as the most vile, loathsome feeling towards something. I would never feel that way about myself.

I'm more along the lines of disappointed with my current size. Rather than detest myself I'm going to do something to change myself.

Keep looking in the mirrors, you'll be thrilled when you can see a change! The first time I looked and noticed that my stomach was a little smaller it was a great feeling! :D

lunarsongbird
04-25-2013, 07:03 PM
I'm beginning to not hate what I see. I can't stop looking at the transformation. I see my reflection and I'm like, "Heeeeey.....Who's that? Look at that waist!" I guess I have been ignoring the parts that displease me.

PreciousMissy
04-25-2013, 07:35 PM
"Heeeeey.....Who's that? Look at that waist!"

Is that your go to pick up line :lol:

lunarsongbird
04-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Ow, ow! Prettttty ladddddyyyyyy. ;)