UK Fat Chicks - UK Girlies!!!

View Full Version : UK Girlies!!!

haylower
04-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Helllllo!!!!

I'm here, i'mbeing brave and I've joined a gym and myfitnesspal. Stood on the scales on my 1yr wedding anniversary and weighed in at 17stone (SOB!!!!!!) so i have given myself one year to lose 112lbs, 100 minimum!!!

Where dyou all come from? I'm in Hastings!Xxx

Happytoast
04-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Hi :)

I'm in Liverpool, have 5 stone to lose and go to slimming world. Well done on taking the plunge to weigh in, took me a long time to pluck up the courage to go to a slimming class.

Take care x

Rachel32
05-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Hello, I'm from Devon. Gained 5stone on medication so now my journey back to 9-9.5 stone starts!

Angusthewestie
05-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Hi,

I'm from west of Manchester - put on about 10kg in the last 2-3 years. Committed to losing it and like the look of this site as a support. I'm about half way there and it's not easy, but clothes are getting loser at last and it is no longer a struggle to do up the zip on my jeans!!!

ATW

purplekitten7
05-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Hello, I'm in a similar position...stepped on the scales and am back to my heaviest at around 17st, I joined my gym last Monday and am actually really enjoying it. I'm down 5lbs this week, despite a slightly off plan bank holiday weekend :) I'm from Milton Keynes

kymb92
05-09-2013, 06:00 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm from the Greater London area. I've been on here for a while now, since last October, trying to finally get down to my goal weight! I've lost 25lbs so far.

I use myfitness pal too.. my name is kymb92 on there if anyone wants to add me.

GL on your journey!

Fat2thin87
05-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Hi!

I have 5 and a half stone to lose, and from Woking. No diet clubs for me, im about to join the gym and use good old calorie counting! Eeek!

So determined to do it for good this time, iv got 2 girls and planning a wedding, so this surely has to be all the motivation i need!!?

Good luck for your journey!

xx

Knittywitch
05-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Hello! :D I'm from Kent :D I've got 12 stone to lose, starting on Friday with the Cambridge diet :D It's a mammoth task but i'm determined, hehehe! :D I'm thinking of it as a new phase of my life :D Well done for taking the first step! :D Best of luck to you :D xxx

Bella Figura
06-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Hi I'm from Norfolk (just east of Norwich). I started out at 100kg last August (15 stones 10 lbs) and now I weigh 70.4kg (11 stones 1 lb)...so 29.6kg (4 stones 9lbs) lost in 10 months.

I have another 10kg to go to get to a 'normal' BMI, but my ultimate goal is 55-56kg....I'm hoping to be there by the end of November.

STL
06-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Hi girls,

I'm moving to London for an internship in July. I hope to loose some weight (I think 7-10 kg would be very fine for me), far away from my family's special favorite food ^^

I thought I should come to UK forums to get some help in this new environment (where to shop, where to go, etc.) and to meet people with the same objectives than me.

Katya Starkey
06-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Hi! I'm Kat and I live in the midlands. I'm 38 years old, I weigh 14.10 stone (down from 15.8 stone) and I'm 5'6" tall.

I'm a writer and this is a very sit-down job which I'm aiming to change. I've written a novel about dieting as a way of turning my fat frustrations into a fictional form that I can laugh at!

francesy
06-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Hi! I'm Frances and I live in the south-west, returning to London in the summer!

Currently 9.5 stone and 5'4" tall... aiming for 8.7 stone.

Stay strong UK girlies! :)

HopesDreams
07-01-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm from Northern Ireland. Can I poke my nose in?

Leaves
07-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Sure you can! Welcome to 3FC :)

KomenciDenove
07-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Eeee :D

How amazeballs - a UK division! lol

I'm KoKo. 26, self employed and weighs 17.5 stone. Aiming to get back down to 10 stone and keep it that way! My goal date is the 1st of July 2014.

I've made a promise to myself that this time next year, i'll fit into my skinny jeans that no longer go past my calves :/

Wish me luck, and good luck to you all!

Leaves
07-04-2013, 05:55 AM
Welcome KoKo, glad to have you on board! That sounds like an attainable and realistic goal :) Do you have a plan in mind?

purplekitten7
07-04-2013, 06:17 AM
Good Morning UK Chickies!
I'm happy to see this thread becoming a bit more active - I'm quite a chatty chickie!

I've been stuck at (technically a couple of lbs above) my ticker weight for a couple of weeks - I can't seem to get the motivation to be strict with my food, I have started back at the gym and am doing 5k every other night but I know I need a kick up the bum with my food!

How is everyone's Thursday so far?

KomenciDenove
07-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Hi Leaves!

Thanks - i'm quite excited :) Hmmmm plan. Honestly? Not so much lol I think i'll just go with clean eating and being a lot more active. I work from home, so i'm indoors and sat on my bum all day.

The really sad thing, is I have a gym which is literally around the corner. I could be there in less than 3 minutes if I were to leave the house right now. Quite ridiculous that i'm sat here and letting the spare tyres accumulate when I have the remedy so close...I'm completely ashamed :o lol

When did you start your weight loss journey? Do you have a specific plan that's working for you?

Purplekitten7 - Hello!

Ahhh i'm the exact same. If I want a chocolate, there is literally nothing that can stop me from having it, and that's my main problem aside from detesting exercise. Maybe we can motivate each other in that aspect, as i'm not strict enough when it comes to the nibbles!

Good on your for getting back to the gym though :D are you doing any particular exercises or working more on a certain part of your body?

Thursday so far is a bit naff to be honest...I've eaten 7 little Cadburys pralines, and i'm not even sorry :s: I promise to finish them all tonight so there's no temptation to eat any more tomorrow!

Leaves
07-05-2013, 06:21 AM
Koko- Sounds like a good start, and you should totally make use of that gym! How useful to have one nearby. Sadly there aren't really any that are nearby to me, or affordable, so I have to make do with what I can get in for free. I'm a calorie counter, using an app on my phone and I kind of started in January as a new years resolution! But I suppose my more official start was sometime in February when I actually bought some scales :)

Purplekitten- yes! Me too! Whatever happened to the UK chat thread, lol.

purplekitten7
07-05-2013, 06:45 AM
KomenciDenove - glad I'm not the only one! I am being very good today though, I have had a cup of green tea this morning and a banana. I have some home made soup with me for lunch and some pineapple and melon chunks...now if I can just stop myself from buying some junk on my lunch break I'll be sorted ;) In terms of the gym I'm currently becoming a 5k-aholic! Was "training" for Race for Life for the last couple of months which I did last Sunday (45 minutes woohoo!) and I had such a blast that I signed up for a Colour Run in Brighton in September which looks AMAZING, so I'm trying to do 5k every other day on the treadmill gradually building up how long I'm running for with the aim of running the whole 5k in September! Other than that I'm doing a mixture of resistance machines and the rowing machine, as well as the bike - I really want to try a spin class but I'm far too chicken at the minute! My real problem area is my stomach but I don't seem to be doing anything aimed at that! Oops!

Leaves - It seemed to just fizzle out :( I was very sad! But at least we're bringing it back now! Not having a gym nearby must be hard, I find it much easier to work out when I can see the gym from my window at work all day - it shames me into going! Although, going for nice long walks etc is much nicer on the outside!

sh3l5
07-08-2013, 03:45 AM
I'm Shell from Hereford - I'm 29 and seriously looking to shed a couple of stone by the time I'm 30 in December!

Kayles
07-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Hey, I move around between Reading, North London and various places in hampshire with work.
Aiming to get down to a healthy weight, taking it a few lbs at a time.
Thinking of joining a weightloss group once I settle down but I don't know if I would get much out of it.

Catareta
10-14-2013, 01:11 PM
I am Jo.. I am 28 years old, a type 1 diabetic from Essex.
Stepped on the scales earlier and shocked - I have on a low carb eating thing to reduce amount of insulin and been exercising 3-4 times a week (stationary cycle). I am limited to exercise as recovering from an icky eye op.

DLS1
10-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Hiya, I'm declaring my self an honorary UK girly:). I'm US born, but have been living (mostly) in London for my entire adult life. So although I'm American, I face the same dilemmas as a UK girl (OK middle aged lady:o) in terms of finding products and advice. :)

unidestiny
10-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Hello I'm glad I found this thread! I'm technically not from the UK, but I'm currently studying in Bristol! I'd really like to lose around 5 stone by the end of next May - so about 4kg/8lbs a month!

My mini goal for now is to drop to around 60kg by end of December (sorry for all the different units, I'm more comfortable with metric units!)

I wish everyone all the best! Don't give up! We can do this together.

determinedjem
10-28-2013, 07:23 PM
I have about 5 stone to lose :( Live in Newcastle x

Speciallizzie
10-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Hey girlies. New kent member ahoy. Been dieting since last october, hit my lowest weight 10st1.5 and struggled to loose that last 1.5lbs to get to my goal. Since then lost all motivation and dedication, back up to 11st and feeling frumpy. Not so great. Want to get back there ideally before new year eeeek.

missdelilah
11-21-2013, 07:38 AM
Hi! this is my first post, i signed up to 3FC this morning. Im 24 and have 4-4.5 stone to lose. i have a few mini goals in mind and a number of weddings in spring which id like to be at least 2-3 stone lighter for. my ultimate goal i suppose is doing this in a healthy manner. I (probably like every other person on here) have yo-yo'ed tried all things under the sun from dukan to soup to starvation and back round to binging again, each time feeling worse than the last.

Over the last 2 year i have put on about 2 stone while all the time trying to lose it, somehow after the first sucessful week of sticking to a diet i will reward myself for the next month with cake and curry :/

However now i feel the time has come for me to look at my weight in a different light, i have joined this site for support and ideas and meeting like minded people. I want to become healthier as my ultimate goal, i am 4 stone over weight, i dont exercise, i smoke and i eat everything under the sun. Recently my mother passed away from cancer and my father had a severe stroke. While i know these situations cannot be blamed on lifestyle and health solely there are always elements that we can change and at least try our hardest to do the best for ourselves, and i feel i have an obligation to at least try.

I havent really found my way around the site yet so any helpful tips would be really appreciated :) i hope to chat to lots of you soon! xxx

oh ps im from the channel islands:carrot:

DLS1
11-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Hi MissDelilah:),

So sorry to hear you lost both your parents at the age of 24:hug: I can only imagine how difficult that must be.

As for any dieting advice, I find counting calories to be the only sane way to lose weight, and since it retrains your palate, and makes you more food aware, so you're far more likely to keep the weight off.

(Just my 2 cents worth:D)

missdelilah
11-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Hi DSL1, thank you for your advice, there are so many options its hard to find the best but so far i think calorie counting and low carb will provide the best for me. im going to do a bit food shop on saturday and prep over the weekend for the coming weeks meals. Is there a thread on shopping lists perhaps? ill have a look around. :) how are you doing on the weight loss journey yourself? xx

MuchMoreMuchier
11-27-2013, 09:00 AM
Hello! :wave:

I'm new here - nice to see a UK section!

I want to lose 2.5/3 stone and have given up Slimming World (because I was fed up of stopping and starting constantly, thought it was time for a change) and am giving the South Beach Diet a go instead. Any of you UK girlies giving that diet a go?

CherryDarling
11-30-2013, 04:56 AM
Hello everyone! I'm from Vermont in the US but now live in Manchester. I'm new here and I hope to achieve my goals of losing between 3 and 4 stone in the coming year. I am doing an Atkins-style diet but allowing myself milk in my coffee, otherwise I'm being strict (Induction Phase). I know it's not the best time to diet, right before Christmas, but I put on 10lbs between the end of September and now, eating all the wrong foods and I don't want to put on any more weight before Christmas!

It's lovely to see you all here, best of luck to everyone!

xx K

clairemummyof4
12-03-2013, 01:58 AM
newbie and first post :)

So i joined slimming world on 25/11/13. After trying many fab and crash diets i kept piling on the lbs... So i got over the "i'm too fat to join etc" and i went... i had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 9 1/2 lb, my mom also lost 5lb so thats a whopping 1stone between us! :carrot: i am over the moon! i still have a long way to go (8stone). Stuck to the plan 100% only using the lower end of my syns and keeping active...
I was just wondering how much weight people have lost on sw and how long it took you to reach your goal.. i know everyone is different and we all loose weight at different stages.

Lauraxx
12-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Hi I'm from Essex I'm also on my fitness pal add me lauralsxx I'm 13.7 was 16 want to be 11 so lots of help please xx

faye242
12-10-2013, 06:01 AM
Hi all,

This is my first day....am a bit torn between being a bit ashamed as I have finally got my figures.. and quite chuffed that I have signed up here rather than lurking behind the scenes! I want to lose about 65lbs to start with (will take me to happy healthy and 'normal') and going to need some help!! Now going to take a look about and work out what I need to do to make a start!!

Faye (West Yorks)x

allyp
12-31-2013, 11:13 AM
Hi

Im from Birmingham.only just starting my weight loss journey (again).

Allison

CharliBaltimore
01-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Hiya!

I am CharliB East London and I am looking for someone who can be weightloss buddies with me.

192lbs 5ft 7 and 40yrs old

NewKate2014
01-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Hey!

I'm Kate, 22 and I live in Aberdeen. Currently 191, aiming for 140. :)

Nice to meet you all - having a good support network makes ALL the difference!

I'm calorie counting and doing regular exercise to try and shift the pounds I gained at Uni. I'm now a teacher and I'm trying to set routines in my life to get back to a healthier me!

K. x

lilythebeige
01-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Hello
I'm Lily from Derbyshire. I read Zoe Harcombes book and the idea that what I eat/overeat is feeding a condition really struck a cord with me. I am determined to conquer my addiction to salt and vinegar Kettle chips and achieve a healthy BMI.

FrancesR
01-17-2014, 08:05 PM
Hello!

I'm 20 and from London. Currently 12st 6lbs and trying to get down to 9st, although I'd be more than chuffed with 10st too!

I'm not on a specific diet, just trying to eat less of everything and only have takeaways once a month instead of three times a week. :) Oh, and trying to curb my ever growing caffeine and crisp addiction.

Good luck everyone, we can totes do it! x

orangesmartie
01-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Hi,

I'm in South Devon (torbay) and I also use the MFP website/app to track my food. I'm not on a specific diet, just trying to eat right, with a calorie goal and ensuring that I exercise regularly.

I started my weightloss journey in the summer of 2012, when I weighed 280lbs (20 stone). I got down to 190lbs (13.5st) by June 2013. Unfortunately I have put 30lbs back on and currently weigh 218lbs (15.5 st). I am determined to get this yo-yo weight and more shifted.

I have a mini goal of getting to 199lbs by June.

I really want to lose weight to be healthier and able to run around after a toddler and generally be able to enjoy life more.

Crazziemomma
02-13-2014, 08:15 PM
Hi All
I'm from Southampton and have a massive 10 stone to lose. I am currently taking Orlistat from my GP and follow a low cal/low fat diet. I also use myfitnesspal but have absolutely no idea how to add people! Good Luck to all and I know we are all headed in the right direction xx

LittleMissNiki
02-15-2014, 05:39 AM
hi everyone!i guess u could call me a 'cereal dieter' as when i first started dietin back in 2009 i lost just over 4stone in about a year followin the then special k online diet with regular excersise-since then my weight goes up and down with thing like bdays n xmas when i basically eat unhealthy stuff lol then gain weight,go back to diet n lose it then do it all over again-iv now adapted my healthy eating as iv worked out wat works 4me personally thru experience-im also type 1 diabetic so that can make losin weight harder-my problem is that i can b really strict n follow my plan but if i fall off the wagon i can eat non stop and i eat anythin and everything-i have a big prob with binge eating-its taken me 3 attempts since jan 14 to start over after gaining 1 and 1/2 stone in 4weeks over xmas-i managed 2 weeks a few weeks ago then binged over last wknd and gained back the 1/2stone id lost-its stress mainly and i think as well as food bein a comfort at the time i think i do it to punish myself in a weird way..anyway since this monday i have stuck to it and am in a good state of mind to keep goin this time-we can all do it if ur determined and dont let anythin/one stop u!also if u do have a bad day n eat some choc it dong matter just start again afresh asap-thats what i find works ŕ me anyway n everyones different so find wat works 4u and most important-do it for u and ur happiness!lets support each other and good luck to everyone no matter what ur goal is or the journey ur on :-)

RubyJan
02-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Hello -- I am Ruby and I am from New York, but have been living in London since 1994. Did Atkins once successfully -- just about ten years ago, and am now back where I was -- slow gain over the years... personally, I am pretty pleased that it has taken this long to put it all back on, given how bad the statistics are... Nonetheless the road ahead looks scary, and I am hoping that I can pull off again what I did once. I have been doing my version of a modified Atkins for the last two weeks, and for someone who takes a whole load of meds, I have done okay so far. But am pleased to see a UK board.... Ruby.

Poppylane
03-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Hi, I'm from the north east UK, I've got aprox 60lbs to go and looking for friends to help keep me motivated.

Love and light peeps xx

katieleigh
03-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Hey I'm Katie from West midlands. . 21 just had 2 babies 1 year apart and stuck in a rutt with no help or support .. weighing in at 12 stone . Only 5 ft 3 so my bmi pretty bad .. going to skeggy in may for daughters 2nd b day. . Not much hope but want to be close to 11 stone by then. Get tin married June 2015 Want to be my ideal weight of 9.5 stone by then..
Clueless on diets never really dieted before as always been very active. But no time or childcare forces me to be complete slob... actually hate myself about now so looking for help and push in right direction .. currently on slimfast .. but no weight lost. Even though been very strict ... :( sob..

Look forward to chatting to you ladies xxxx

Mack
03-06-2014, 07:14 PM
I'm new to the forum and from the UK too - Newcastle upon Tyne. x

Sorrow
03-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Hi

I am currently well into my weightloss "regime" I've gone from 18st + and currently weighing 15st 7. I got diagnosed with PCOS and got told to lose weight before even being considered for treatment. Currently on the Cambridge Diet which suits me rather well and i am thriving on it. I live in Cambridgeshire! (hiiii btw!)

xxxx Sorrow

josanne
04-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Hi I'm Jo,

I'm from Essex but studying in Leicester, I also use myfitnesspal josanne90 if anyone wants to add me.

I'm 15 stone 11lbs currently and my goal is to reach at least 12 stone I haven't set a time in which i would like to do this by, which would be helpful to me if i did.
since xmas i have become a bit of a gym freak and love being there I'm just not getting the results i was hoping for but I know that giving up certainly isn't the answer so any advice people have would be brilliant.

Jo x

LittleMissNiki
04-09-2014, 04:50 AM
hi everyone nice to c some new faces!everyone is different so not all diets work for everyone,u have to find what works for u personally and take time n patience to adapt things for urself...i tried many diff diets over the yrs and being type1 diabetic made it harder!eventually i found calorie countng,low carb eve meals and workouts worked for me to lose weight-the only thing iv not figured out is how to maintain my target weight-usually i reach target go off diet for a bit,gain weight back then have to do it all again so im just n a visious cycle at mo!i alao have a problem with binge eating-if i fall off the wagon theres no stopping me-i hope one day i find a solution!good luck everyone!:-)

chunkyguacamole
04-20-2014, 09:42 PM
Ummmm, I hope you guys would welcome a bloke in here? I'm trying to get rid of some cushion too haha!! Just started riding to work and am from London!!! It's a bloody dangerous ride but it'll be more dangerous not working out :)!Hey!

gemini234
05-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Im from Bradford and new to 3fc im 16st 8lb and been struggling for years keep losing a few stone then put it back on

HoneyWobBear
05-04-2014, 09:24 AM
Hi ladies

I'm from London and I'm looking to lose around 45lbs I know I can do it as I have done it before, hope to see you all around xxx

Elliemar
05-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Hellooo. I'm Ellie and back again after I lost loads but then took my eye off the ball and blew it. A 50lb gain in fact - aaargh.

sw49a
05-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Hello. I am from London and joined 3FC about a month ago but have not yet written a post. I am more interested in hearing everyone's stories.

Calbeslim
06-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Hello! can I join this thread? Am from London as well!! Weighing in at 192lbs. Used to be 130 lbs :( then went up to 227- woes me! Now back to 192lbs and need to keep keep going. Would love friends to help me out. Nice meeting everyone!

Nanu
06-09-2014, 06:49 AM
Hello! can I join this thread? Am from London as well!! Weighing in at 192lbs. Used to be 130 lbs :( then went up to 227- woes me! Now back to 192lbs and need to keep keep going. Would love friends to help me out. Nice meeting everyone!

Hello and welcome! The UK forum seems pretty quiet. I'm from London too and I have similar goals to you. Maybe we could buddy up? :)

Calbeslim
06-09-2014, 10:24 AM
Hello and welcome! The UK forum seems pretty quiet. I'm from London too and I have similar goals to you. Maybe we could buddy up? :)

Yes would love too!!! You can pm me I think I'm not sure but yes!

Nanu
06-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Great! I don't think I can PM yet....I haven't been a member for long enough but I've added you to my buddy list ;)

Calbeslim
06-09-2014, 06:13 PM
I did the same too. Added you to Buddy list. how has your day been? I actually enlisted a trainer today and will train with her twice a week!

Nanu
06-09-2014, 07:14 PM
That's great news! I've always thought it would be good motivation.

The less you ask about my day the better. It was tiring and stressful. The humid weather didn't help either. I succumbed to a few poor food choices....but tomorrow is a new day.:)

Calbeslim
06-10-2014, 07:23 PM
That's great news! I've always thought it would be good motivation.

The less you ask about my day the better. It was tiring and stressful. The humid weather didn't help either. I succumbed to a few poor food choices....but tomorrow is a new day.:)

Haha I went to play tennis today too. Then personal training in a few days. I am terrible at gymming and I hate exercising- it is the absolute bane of my existence HATE.IT. hence why I enlisted a trainer, it's the only way I will willingly try to exercise. So we will see where this goes.

It's ok to make poor food choices as long as you know it was bad. Tomorrow will be good!!

TummyMummy
06-28-2014, 04:00 AM
Hi All

Room for another fat chick on here?

Im Sam and Im 29 from south Wales. Im currently 13st which isnt the heaviest Ive ever been but its creeping back up towards it which I dont like.

Im currently preparing myself to start the juicing diet for 10 days so I will see how that goes. Im doing it more for health reasons and needing to give my body a nutrients boost than the actual weight loss aspect. My diet has been shocking since I got ill last year.

I hope your all doing well on your weight loss and if anyone wants an online diet buddy then drop me an IM Id love to have someone to share the journey with - male or female

Nanu
06-30-2014, 12:45 PM
Hi Tummy Mummy. There is more than enough room for you here :)

Welcome! Feel free to PM anytime you like. I'd be happy to be your diet buddy.

lisa4621
07-28-2014, 05:43 PM
Hi All

I am from Hampshire. I have lost 34lbs since Oct 2012, I wanted to feel healthier and followed 5:2 for 6 months, maintained for 6 months and kickstarted the loss again by starting exercising (HIIT at the gym) and sticking to a whole foods diet (as much as possible - cake & bread still sneak in from time to time!)

fattyapple
07-29-2014, 04:07 AM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Julie and I am 34 and live in Manchester in the UK and I am currently on week 18 of my weight-loss mission!

I am 5ft 8" and currently 15st 3lb and I am a UK size 18, I started in March at 18st 8.5lb and a size 22 the heaviest I have ever been in my life.

I am following the Slimming World Plan and loving it! I am amazed that I have managed to lose over 3 stone in 4 months and feel really motivated to reach my goal of 10st 7lbs.

I have a blog which you can visit if you like i'm fattyapple on wordpress which as a bio and and recipe ideas and articles.

I love that now there is such a big online community for weight-loss that you can find motivation from all over the world at any time of the day which :carrot:
Anyway hello and thanks for all the interesting posts which I am gleaning weight-loss tips from!

Urooj
09-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Urooj and I am from Birmingham,only just starting my weight loss journey (again). Joined gym and following a strict diet plan. Hopefully, I will hit my target in few months.

Looking forward to get motivated by all of you. :)

dancer411jr
09-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Hi
I'm Jodie and i doing this to gain confidence and make healthier choices!

I'm from London, I hope to hit a few mini goals and keep motivated until i feel like me again

good luck everyone just remember we are all here for each other.

sammymilner
09-20-2014, 08:56 AM
Hi All

Room for another fat chick on here?

Im Sam and Im 29 from south Wales. Im currently 13st which isnt the heaviest Ive ever been but its creeping back up towards it which I dont like.

Im currently preparing myself to start the juicing diet for 10 days so I will see how that goes. Im doing it more for health reasons and needing to give my body a nutrients boost than the actual weight loss aspect. My diet has been shocking since I got ill last year.

I hope your all doing well on your weight loss and if anyone wants an online diet buddy then drop me an IM Id love to have someone to share the journey with - male or female

Hope it goes well for you! I am also called Sam and I am also 13 stone! Though I am 29 weeks pregnant. I live in the Algarve but I am originally from Yorkshire.

I also love the juicing diets and have done Katie Price's juice diet in the past and love that one. Can't remember how much I lost on it before but i think it was about 5 pounds off in 7 days.

sammymilner
09-20-2014, 09:01 AM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Julie and I am 34 and live in Manchester in the UK and I am currently on week 18 of my weight-loss mission!

I am 5ft 8" and currently 15st 3lb and I am a UK size 18, I started in March at 18st 8.5lb and a size 22 the heaviest I have ever been in my life.

I am following the Slimming World Plan and loving it! I am amazed that I have managed to lose over 3 stone in 4 months and feel really motivated to reach my goal of 10st 7lbs.

I have a blog which you can visit if you like i'm fattyapple on wordpress which as a bio and and recipe ideas and articles.

I love that now there is such a big online community for weight-loss that you can find motivation from all over the world at any time of the day which :carrot:
Anyway hello and thanks for all the interesting posts which I am gleaning weight-loss tips from!

Congratulations and on your weight loss. I love Slimming World too and follow into in the loose term and just use it mainly for their recipes.

I remember when I was 15st3 as that was my weight a few years ago and I am the same height so I appreciate what it is like. I've lost 4 stone and then I became pregnant so it will be interesting to see how it goes once I am a mum again.

josiemakes
09-24-2014, 04:14 PM
Hello,
I am Josie! I lost quite a bit of weight a few years ago almost 3 stone and then stayed the same weight for quite a while, think I got a bit complacent. Over the last 6-9 months or so I've put on a stone, I've not changed my eating habits or lifestyle (except going veggie) and my doctor ruled out anything medical and says it's likely because of the medication I started taking this year, and maybe also because I'm starting to get old (25!!!!). So, basically I have to start actually eating healthy and exercising because I don't want to put all the weight back on :'( but it's so hard to be motivated and find time. I work full time in London, so also commute for at least 2 hours a day.
So I'm looking for some ways to motivate myself!! and any tips
xxx

Geeque
11-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Hi everyone, I'm from Dublin, Ireland so hopefully I can join you UK gals in your weight loss discussions. I have 5 stone to lose 😱 A long way to go! I did lose 3 and a half stone 8 years ago but it's all crept back on and a few pounds extra besides.