Weight Loss Support - 300+ and Ready to Try Again #341

View Full Version : 300+ and Ready to Try Again #341

PheonixRising
05-29-2003, 07:13 AM
God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME

PheonixRising
05-29-2003, 07:27 AM
I finally beat all of you to it on starting a new thread. :lol: Now no one can complain about always being the one to start the new thread. I know I have to post or the posting police will come get me.:chin: Of course you are all such a long way from Colorado....

Anyway, I don't know what is going on with me lately. I just am like a super space case. :cloud9: I can't seem to concentrate on a darn thing. Hmm...:chin: maybe I should stop staying up until the wee hours of the morning. Nahhh....:no: So what I'm building up to is that although I read everyone's posts, I'm just not up to personalized replies right now. :no: Sorry. :shrug: I'm always thinking of you and I read every word everyone says.

Food hasn't been great lately, nor has much of anything else. Along with being spacey it seems I'm just not feeling really motivated, to do much of anything. Now it is starting to get warmer here and I'm about as useful as a limp noodle when I get too hot. :flame:

On a really positive note, my hubby got a full time temporary job today. Decent pay, lots of hours. lasts six weeks. What a relief that is. For a few months I won't have to worry about where rent, or gas money to get to school is coming from. :dancer: So things are looking up, and just maybe that will put me in a good enough mood to get back on track. :flow2:

Hope you all have a great day.

:df:

BarbPA
05-29-2003, 08:02 AM
Good Morning Gals!
I'm on my way to work - just wanted to pop in and say Hello!
:wave:
Barb

Grannie39074
05-29-2003, 08:24 AM
Good Morning all.
Great talking to you last night,Amanda, Sandy.
I'm running as usuall
Hope all of you have a good day

Terri in MO
05-29-2003, 09:05 AM
Good morning! :wave:

Wow, I think I missed a whole thread. No time this morning to read and catch up with everyone. I'm still busy trying to get MIL to pack her stuff so she can move and get caught up around my own house ... and making sure my exercise goals don't fall by the wayside. I'm doing okay with food. DH is getting on the bandwagon of WW so that will help. Well, at least he's on for the moment. He really needs to lose 40 pounds so I do hope he sticks with it this time. He's the main cook and our biggest downfall is portion sizes and too much starchy foods at night. We're really into the veggies right now so that's helping me. Cross your fingers for him to stay motivated. :crossed:

I missed chat last night. I'll have to join you ladies sometime.

Gotta scoot - picking up MIL this morning before work so I can drop her off at her new apartment.

:goodvibes: to everyone!

peekabooangel
05-29-2003, 09:51 AM
You did a wonderful job at starting a new thread :) . You know, it's okay not to personaly reply to everyone all the time. Sometimes you just want to pop in and read and say "Hi I was here", and thats okay too. And sometimes you just need to say something to one or two people and thats okay too. So don't let it get to you or overwhelm you!!!:D I am happy for you that hubby found full time work and that you don't have to worry for a bit. I'm an awful worry wart about money, so I know how you feel. Food has not been the best for me either, but I'm still here, so in my mind I am still thinking of it. I know noone can do it for me, I have to do it myself.

OH TINA???????? Where are you?????? Please come out and play...I know you are reading, just like the rest of us you can't help but to pop in and read:) .

I asked the girls in chat last night what they thought, so I will ask here. I am thinking of upgrading the computer and getting Windows xp to take the place of 98SE, what does everyone else run and what are your thoughts on it? I'm so computer illiterate? Will it work better for me? I have a friend of hubby's that is gonna install a better proecessor for me and more memory if needed (I think it does)?

Talk to you all later.
Hugs,

LoseForLife
05-29-2003, 11:48 AM
Well that really sucked! I'd just finished my post, copied the text, and my puter died!!! :mad: Didn't even save the copied text! Grrrr!!!

I was saying how I'd had a couple of crappy days, but will be back on track tomorrow….

Night!

PS Also managed to lose more weight, but will have to work my butt off over the next few days to make up for the last 2 days!!! :o

robntracy
05-29-2003, 12:53 PM
Well it has been a few days since I posted. I have not been doing as well as I would like and that made me quiet...lol. I am back on track though.
There is a local woman that has been in the papers alot in the past year. She was trying to fight for very insurance for weight loss surgery. Well she had the surgery in October weighing 422 pounds. I saw her yesterday when I took my kids to the park and I bet she has lost at least 200 pounds. She looked great!! Now I dont think that weight loss surgery is for me but just seeing the change it made in this woman gave me motivation. I wanted to talk to her about it but I was chicken. I wanted to hear how losing that much weight has changed her life.
Anyway, I will get my butt back in gear starting now because I want to be like that lady one day.
Sandy- I have Windows XP and I love it!!! Before I got my new computer a few months ago, I had Windows 95. I really really needed an update.
I am gonna go. I have to get my 2 year old ready. He is going with his grandparents to the mountains for the day. I am sitting here thinking of what needs to be done while he is gone. I think I have decided on a carefree swim.

Hugs,
Tracy

katrinabgood
05-29-2003, 01:57 PM
Wellllll...just like clock work...TOM has arrived...which means PMS is over! DH swears it's lasting longer and longer each time! :rolleyes: I jumped on the scale and I'm actually down 2# from yesterday! So, that makes me feel better...I was feeling quite the :ink: for having gained 5 lbs...but I'll leave it as is til next Wednesday.

I was reading a great thread last night...if you're into low carb, there are some really good recipes on the "Ladies (and Gents) Who Lift-Bodybuilding" thread...look under Bodybuilding recipes...lots of neat stuff to try. Lot of people there who have reached their goals and are maintaining...very inspirational.

Well...I have lots to do, the sun is actually out today, so I'm Thankful for that...I'd best be getting out there to enjoy it! Even if it's just to weed, it will feel so good!

Have a great day all...

loranden
05-29-2003, 02:13 PM
HOWDY! :wave:

Just came in to read the thread and check in on how everyone is doing....and where are 2Cute and Tina, anyway?:?: :shrug:

Sandy--I have Windows XP on my current computer, and I will have to admit I like it better than the Windows98 I had on the old one. For some reason, it is easier for me to navigate.

Barb...don't work too hard :dizzy:

Since I didn't come in yesterday, I did weigh myself (even right after the TOM was over to boot), and despite all that, I am two more pounds down :cb: ! Between that and not suffering the whole TOM, something must be going right in this body for once :lol:!

Hope all of you are having a great day...it is 70 degrees and sunny now, which warrants a good day to walk...see you all later!

katrinabgood
05-29-2003, 09:46 PM
Oh how sad...our little thread was WAY down at the bottom! Come on girls, let's keep our thread afloat!

peekabooangel
05-29-2003, 09:54 PM
Good night girls. I'm turning in early and hope to get a full good nights sleep. All's I wanted to do at work today was lay down and go to sleep.....

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs

dixiedarlin
05-29-2003, 09:55 PM
Hi - taking a break at work and thought I'd pop in. I've had a few too many carbs this afternoon; trying not to beat myself up about it. Everything is out of sync when you work the night shift.

I'd like to join you guys in chat sometime - do you do this at a certain time?

Well, back to work. Ya'll have a great rest of the day.

BarbPA
05-29-2003, 11:03 PM
Hey Gang!
I hope all my favorite Gals are having a good evening!

Mary - Did you forget you talked to me last night? :cry: I'm so sad! Just kidding - I'll get over it --- I popped into chat late!
:)

Terri - Sounds like you are busy with your MIL -- I know what you mean about hubby's losing weight and staying motivated. My hubby keeps saying he is going to join me in this adventure, but he lasts about 5 seconds. Let me know how your hubby motivation goes. :)

Sandy - I run on Windows XP and it's great for me. I use 2000 at work and it's fine as well. I hope you get a good night sleep. Sounds like you are worn out.

Lynne - Darn computers!! Sometimes they just don't cooperate!! Good job getting back on track. We all fall off now and then. But it's great to have each other for some added motivation. :D

Tracy - Glad to have you back here and back on track. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and join back on for the ride --- albeit a bumpy one at times! :dizzy:

Kat - I bet you were just as excited as me to see the sun today! Boy, it's been awhile. I hope we have a nice weekend! If so I am hoping to take one of the dogs to a nearby park for a long walk.
:flow1:

Lori - Yippee!!! 2 more pounds. Good Job! :dancer:

Dixie - Hey gal! I'm not sure I could do the night shift thing --- I bet it's hard to keep with a routine. We usually chat on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 7:30 Central time. (I think that's right - I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong) I don't always make it, but hope to catch up with you sometime.

Today was a pretty good day for me. I did sneak a few more of the Uh-Oh Oreos that found their way into my house last night. :cookie: However I only had one serving and before I was even tempted to eat any more, Jeff finished off the pack --- good for me --- bad for him! Opps! I got home from work a little later than normal and the last thing I wanted to do was cook and exercise --- but I did!! I made a nice Caesar Salad w/ Grilled Chix and put in 35 min on the treadmill while I watched the Amazing Race --- Yes, I am hooked on yet another reality show --- anyone else????

It's about time for me to crawl into my cozy bed and get ready to start this all over again! At least tomorrow is Friday. Jeff and I are thinking about taking the train up to NYC on Saturday to goof off in the city -- should be fun.

Sweet Dreams to all!
Barb
:cloud9:

BarbPA
05-29-2003, 11:09 PM
Hi Again!
Can I share??? You know how much I love my dogs -- here is a picture of my little Charlee that I took yesterday --- she is so little and cute!
:)

dixiedarlin
05-29-2003, 11:31 PM
I wanted to share a recipe with you - it's really good and very simple; only three ingredients.

LIGHT MAYONNAISE ROLLS
1 cup self rising flour
3 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup skim milk

Combine all three ingredients and spoon into a sprayed muffin tin. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 min (depending on your oven).

This recipe makes six large muffins.

NOTE - IT WAS RECOMMENDED THAT FAT FREE MAYONNAISE NOT BE USED IN THIS RECIPE, I THINK BECAUSE OF THE TASTE.

Connie

QueenB
05-30-2003, 12:41 AM
just have been in my little Tony world for the last couple of days.... :s:

Ok....here we go. First of all, I had a gift bag for Tony and Eddie. (his manager) As I think I might have mentioned, Tony's birthday was a week ago. You might remember that I am an administrator on a Tony website and we always do a little something for his birthday. Well, lucky me.....the appearance I was going to was the closest to his birthday, so I got to take him the gift.

In Tony's bag was a hilarious card, a printout of birthday wishes for him from all our regulars and his gift. The gift was a shirt we had made up for him. I called a local screen printer and emailed a picture our webmaster took and then had the words 'TSOT Admins" in orange above the picture and then "Your #1 Fans" below it. Then along the sides, it had all the admins real names and our usernames.

So, we got to Ga. around 3:00 and Tony got there around 6:30, and was nice and scruffy. (be still my heart) They had us lined up in the garden center. He was up on top of a deck and the table he was sitting behind was actually bigger than the entry way up to the deck and the table had to be turned sideways to even get it up there. Then it was turned forward and that blocked him and Eddie off. To get your items autographed, you just walked up two steps and then down. So the line starts moving and I finally get to him. I step up the steps and he says, "Hey" I said, "Hey buddy" Hey BUDDY? Good grief. :rolleyes: I don't know how that happened. It just came out. I'm such a goof. Anyways, I recovered quickly and handed him the bag and told him TSOT hadn't forgotten his birthday, that this was just the closest appearance one of us could get to near his birthday. He said, "Awwwww, thank you." I gave Eddie his bag and told him that we didn't forget him either. He looked genuinely surprised and thanked me too. So then I told Tony we wanted him to wear the shirt under his firesuit for good luck, so maybe he wouldn't have to go to a church retreat. (He had made a comment on Sunday when his car messed up, that maybe he should go to a church retreat, because nothing else was working) He started laughing at that, and so did Eddie.

So, I asked him if I could get a picture with him and the shirt for the board. He said, "Can we do it after?" I said, "After?" :yikes: He said, "Yeah" I said, "Sure, thanks Tony." He said, "You're welcome sweetie." I was totally dumbfounded. I was so surprised that he asked me to stay, I didn't know what to say. I can just hear it now....."No Tony, I'm sorry I can't stay, because I have some pressing laundry to take care of at home." NOT!

So I go over to the side and stand and wait. The appearance is winding down and there's only about 20 or so people left in line. Tony has a couple of men there with him (not sure if they are with him or HD) and one of them comes up to Ron and tells him we need to leave. First of all, let me say.....what a butt! :mad: But I know, it's his job...(I guess) to take care of Tony. But Ron told him no, that Tony had asked us to stay so we could get a picture of him and the shirt. So, he goes up to Tony to check out our story and Tony tells him that it's true, so he tells us to just wait for a few more minutes. Just made me want to go...."Na na na na na!"

So, the guy motions us over and Tony stood up and pulled the shirt out of the bag and says, "Wow! This is so cool!" Then he holds it up in front of him and says, "So, who's taking the picture?" Ok.....now don't panic, but Ron's got the camera. I told Tony, Ron was taking it, so he smiled and Ron got the shot. NOW.....opportunist that I am, I had to ask Tony for a picture with him. When I asked him, he just dropped his head and said, "Awwww". (Like, Oh man) LOL He just knew I was gonna ask. Well, the buttthole man steps up and says, "Uh, NO. If he does that for you, he'll have to do it for everybody else." WELL......
as he was saying this, TONY was moving the table and said, "I'll not do it for everybody else." Na na na na na. :p He told me to hold one side of the shirt and he'd hold the other. So I put one arm around him and we had the picture made. After, I told him that TSOT loved him and he said, "We love you guys too." I about threw up, but thankfully I didn't. I thanked him again and he said, "You're welcome sweetie" and then he was gone.

I'm going to include some of the pictures for you guys, but here comes the heartbreak..........I blinked! I'm not going to blame Ron or the camera. It was my fault. I had my arm around him and he smelled so good and was so warm.....(oh Lord, don't get me started) :o and I just blinked. BUT, there was another member there with me (from another state) who took two of me with him and she said she's going to send me copies. Here are some of mine though:

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL22/552012/2175311/26231774.jpg
:lol: This lady had him sign her baby!

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL22/552012/2175311/26231733.jpg

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL22/552012/2175311/26231708.jpg
This is when he was asking me to stay after to have a picture made....the paper he's holding is my article that was on TonyStewart.com. I had him sign it so I could frame it.

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL22/552012/2175311/26231695.jpg
Tony in a tire!

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL22/552012/2175311/26231635.jpg
Oh my..... :devil:

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL22/552012/2175311/26235105.jpg

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL22/552012/2175311/26231622.jpg
Tony, with the shirt we gave him.

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL22/552012/2175311/26231609.jpg
Me and Tony.... Maybe I don't have my eyes closed. Maybe I just think I'm in heaven... :cloud9:

Anyways, hope you enjoyed them. It's back to the grind now. I'm rejoining WW on Monday. I'm getting this crappin weight off me. :drill:

Individual replies will come tomorrow, but I do want to welcome Dixie! I'm from Tennessee too!

I missed you all and love you too. See you tomorrow! :love:

2cute2Bfat
05-30-2003, 01:08 AM
HI guys !!!! :wave:
I have been a busy little beaver today. I have also been house hunting again so I have not been home much. Sorry I haven't posted much either.

Tina... I think Tony looks like an Elvis wannabe in a few of those pictures. LOL He kind of has that turned up lip thing going on. LOL
I am so happy you got to have your photo taken with him AGAIN !!!!
And I just LOVE your new hair. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dixiedarlin... I was so surprised to see your name is CONNIE. :yikes:
I just just loved your avatar so much and she looks like her name could be Dixie... and I just assumed your name was Dixie too. You know what they say about people who "assume".... it makes an *** out of u and me. *** u me LOL

Sandy... I know absolutely NOTHING about computers. I don't even know what the heck you are talking about. :o :lol:

Kat... keeping "afloat"... hmmm :chin: I have no problem floating... in fact I don't think I could drown even if I wanted to. Ooopppsss... you were talking about the "thread". LOL
Lori... HERE I AM :wave: I am having a hard time getting in here lately.
I am sooo proud of all of you for keeping this site going. THANKS !!!!

Terri.. I am like you... I think I missed an entire thread too. :^:
But there is no way I am going to try and catch up with all I missed.

Amanda... Thanks for starting the new thread. It makes me happy to see all of us taking turns. I seem to run in spurts starting them. You did GREAT !!

Barb, Mary, Lynne, Tracy and anyone else I missed.... have a great weekend if I don't make it back for a day.

kidmeister
05-30-2003, 03:55 AM
First of all, welcome newbies. I am so behind on posts, I saw a couple new names, but don't know who they are, but welcome to our little corner of the world.

Tina: I just love all the pictures!! He really is a hottie isn't he. :devil: And am I mistaken or are you getting smaller?? That orange shirt just looks like its getting bigger on you. Keep up the good work anyway, you look great.

Well I finally did it! I lost 3.8 lbs and am now down 31 lbs. !! I am so happy.:cb: :cb: I only 5 lbs to go to reach my first 10%. And WW is doing a 13 week challenge to labor day. And I have thus far lost 31 lbs in 13 weeks so my goal is to lose another 31 by labor day. I know I can do it. :strong: I have exercised 3 times this week. Woo hoo!!:dance:

Well I am off to bed. I will try to get in here more often, have just been soooo busy lately. :stress: But am just getting ready for summer and camping and kids being home for the next 3 months. UGH!Well good night to all!

LoseForLife
05-30-2003, 08:21 AM
Today has been better than yesterday, but still HUGE room for improvement. I thought I was being all good and disciplined, but forgot how fatty sausages are and had 2 at lunch, AS WELL as lunch, and then another one for dinner. So that TOTALLY blew my points. I've said to Marc I need to stay away from sausages as a rule at the moment. Which is fine, cos it's not something I want all the time anyway. Thank goodness!!!

I did my aerobics and stretches, feel a bit stiff, but really glad I did it. I made sure to do it before dinner, as it's easier on an empty stomach, and I KNEW I'd be hopeless after dinner! :yawn:

BIG gardening day tomorrow, can't wait! We're gonna start weeding and digging up the areas for landscaping, as well as the veggie patch we want to get going. I'll have to take before and after pics to show you.

Have a great night!

PS Tina, can you PLEASE tell me how you get all those photos in - I know I've asked before, but I've got some I'd love to show off if I can just figure out how to!!!

Grannie39074
05-30-2003, 09:20 AM
Sorry, Barb I did forget. It was good chatting with you too.
I'm off today so I'm going to be lazy. Later

peekabooangel
05-30-2003, 11:02 AM
Good morning chicks,

I'm at work.....again....and wanted to pop in and catch up.

Tina: Loved the pictures, I think I like the one of him side view the best, what a picture. And scruff-->boy he had it going that day.:) .

Lynne: If you scroll down when you are typing a message/post you will see a spot that says to attach file: in there you can browse you computer and find the file/picture you want to attach. You keep doing this to attach the files/pictures you want to do. Does that make any sense? Hope it helps. I'm still not sure how Tina got the picture in her signature?:?:

Deon: Congrats on the 31 lbs loss to date :bravo: you go girl.

2cute: you crack me up :lol: hope you are having some luck house hunting.

Connie: Love that simple recipe, I am all about simple. I think I will try them this weekend.

Barb: Love the pic of your poochie, he is so cute and so tiny. Showing the dt. pepsi can next to he really shows the size of the doggie.

Kat: Thanks for keeping us up near the top and easily findable.

:D

Lori: Congrat on the loss that great :cp:

Tracy: I bet the lady would have been flattered if you had gone up to her and commented on the weight loss and asked questions. I find most people are really willing to talk about themselves if given the opportunity and especially about things that are going good in their lives. If you see her again, I would just walk right on up and start with "WOW, you look great!" Also, thanks for the input on the computer thing, I'm not sure what I will do yet?

Okay girls, I think I got everyone that has posted since my last post yesterday. If I missed you please accept my sincere appologies now...and here is a big :grouphug: for you.

Talk to you all later....

BarbPA
05-30-2003, 11:18 AM
Good Morning Gals!

Well, I did my Friday weigh-in. It was good and bad. I am officially up 2.6 pounds from the day before I left for vacation, but I am down about 2 pounds from when I got back from vacation. Hopefully next week I'll be back to my pre-vacation weight and won't have thrown myself too far off track. :)

Wishing everyone a great day. I've got tons of work to do, I'll check in later.

Barb
:wave:

thinthinker
05-30-2003, 11:23 AM
Hi Everybody! :wave: Just dropped in for half a second to let you know that we arrived home safely. When we left Tuesday it was raining all the way there and we thought for sure this was going to be a lousy trip and we'd have to spend the entire time in our hotel room! :o But alas, that was not the case. Wednesday morning all the fog and rain moved on and we had a wonderful day to go out in. :(

We actually went across to the NY side of the river and walked around what they call 'Goat Island'. Honey had never been there and the last time I was there I was knee high to a grasshopper. So off we went.

I'm sorry I can't stay and post more, but I've got to catch up on all the jobs that I moved out of the last couple of days and into today. So off I go.

Oh, just want to say:

Dixie/Connie: Welcome to our little corner of the site. We love having new people join us and it is our pleasure to have YOU!!! Hope you'll stick around and let us get to know you.

I have not read, I scanned the posts I missed. I'll be back when I get a bit more time. Love :love: to all.

"A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

peekabooangel
05-30-2003, 12:39 PM
Hey, I got this in an E Mail today...and wanted to share.

A well-known speaker started off his seminar
by holding up a $20.00 bill. In the room of 200, he

asked, Who would like this $20 bill? Hands

started going up. He said, I am going to give this

$20 to one of you but first, let me do this.

He proceeded to crumple the $20 dollar bill up. He then

asked, Who still wants it? Still the hands

were up in the air. Well, he replied, What if I do this. And he

dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into

the floor with his shoe.

He picked it up, now crumpled, and dirty. Now who still wants it? Still

the hands went into the air.My friends, we have all learned a very

valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still

wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20.

Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the

dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way.
We
feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what

will happen, you will never lose your value.

Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to
those
who love you.

The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or whom we know, but by
WHO
WE ARE. You are special - Don't EVER forget it.

And remember...

Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

2cute2Bfat
05-30-2003, 12:58 PM
Lynne... I don't know much about computers but if you have the "URL address" you just put [ IMG ] in front of it and and [/ IMG ] at the end of it ... with no space between ... and any picture I tried to post comes up.

Also... like Sandy said ... click on attach file ... and you can enter via there too.

I am sure there are more ways... that is all I have figured out. LOL

Oh ....in the signature section.... use the [ IMG ]... [/ IMG] ;)

QueenB
05-30-2003, 01:23 PM
Hey everyone....

I'm at work and we're kinda busy today, so this will be short. :eek:

Lynne: I'm sorry, I've not been ignoring you. The first thing is, your pictures have to be somewhere on a website. (like picturetrail, or something like that) (they have to have an "address". If you go to the picture you want to use, right click on it and when the box pops up, left click on the word "properties". It will pull up another box and you'll see "URL address". This is the address of your photo. Copy that address. Then when you're making a post, when you're ready to put in the picture, up on top of your message area, you'll see a little box that has the letters [IMG] in it. Click on it and a little window prompt will appear, and then paste the url address into the box and click ok....that will put the formula into the body of your message and viola! :wizard:

Ok, now that I've taken care of that, I'm going to get back to work and I'll be back this evening! :grouphug:

Grannie39074
05-30-2003, 11:08 PM
Bringing us to the top we were at the bottom of the pile.

dixiedarlin
05-31-2003, 12:57 AM
I thought I'd take a mini break from work and check in.

Well, I got through yesterday's overload of carbs and am now back on track. I had to run errands today (payday). :) Instead of driving around town and using the drive thru at the bank (as I usually do), I parked the car and walked to the bank. Then I washed the car and went to the library to use the computer (I don't have one at home right now).

I spend way too much time at home. I don't have kids so I really don't have a reason to stay home. Usually I spend my time sleeping, cleaning house, watching General Hospital, eating and then going to work. There really isn't a lot to do in my hometown and of course all the fun stuff is going on at night while I'm at work. All of my friends work during the day. I've thought of doing volunteer work. Sometimes I do go shopping. I just feel very dullsville.:yawn:

peekaboo - I loved your story, especially the last line.

I better get back to work. Everybody have a great weekend.

LoseForLife
05-31-2003, 09:53 AM
Good evening folks!

I am stuffed! I got in 3 1/2 hours of gardening, and everything aches! :faint:

We got about 2/3 of the area cleared out, and it looks better already. I've been weeding, digging, hoeing, and hauling rocks. FANTASTIC exercise!!! Certainly did not feel the need to do my walk after all that! :strong:

Unfortunately they're forcasting rain tomorrow, so probably won't get a chance to play again until next week.... :(

My food has been so-so. Could've done without the berliner bun in the arvo, but I figured all that digging would work it off!!! :lol: Because of a high point lunch, I just had veggies for dinner - FIRST TIME EVER!!!! :cp: I've never been a huge fan of veggies on their own, but Marc has a way of making them that makes them so yummy. The carrots he puts mint, a bit of butter, and honey. The cauliflour and brocoli had a white cheese sauce, and the rest had gravy. Sounds high in points, but we use low fat ingredients. The gravy is instant, and 1/4 cup is only worth 1/2 point!!! I love gravy on potato. :T

Thanks to everyone for your advise on the pictures. Tina, unfortunately I don't have a website to get pics off - one of these days I'll look into it! - but thanks for your help. I did try to attach an image through posting and stuff, but kept saying they were too big... will have to look again, might have missed something... Thanks! :D

Barb, :bravo: on your loss - I'm sure you'll be down to where you want to be in no time!

Thin, glad to hear you had a good break - look forward to hearing all about it.

Sandy, just LOVE that quote! SSSooooo true! :D

Connie, I know how frustrating it is working nights when everyone else is doing days. I wasn't, but my hubby Marc was, when he was in Banquets at the Hyatt Hotel. Saturday night shifts, etc, so could never do anything with friends on the weekend. Always missing out on the action. His clock was all out! Luckily he got out of that last year, so we occasionally have a social life now!

Anyway, enough of that! :lol: I better get off the puter and let Marc have a turn! :lol:

Grannie39074
05-31-2003, 10:07 AM
Hello ladies hope you have a great day. I am off today on a romantic getaway with hubby I'll be back tomorrow. Sorry I'll miss chat

peekabooangel
05-31-2003, 11:29 AM
HEY, STOP!!!!! FOLLOW ME TO THREAD # 342..........SEE YA THERE