Looking Good, Feeling Great - Am I alone on this?

View Full Version : Am I alone on this?

avalonmoon
04-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Hi. Was cleaning under my sink and found hair gel & mousse. However for about a year my hair has mostly been in a Bob that I use a flat iron on if anything. Hence I no longer
use the above mentioned products. I was wondering how many of us still use them.
I think I might keep them in case there comes a day I may need/want them.
What products do you put into your hair!

IanG
04-22-2013, 04:08 PM
I definitely use the hair gel for a night out.

elvislover324
04-22-2013, 04:14 PM
I use mousse and hairspray every day, my hair would be out of control without it! I use my hairdryer and then my flat iron only if my bangs don't cooperate.

Until I'm back on a regular diet and done with all my current meds, I can't color or flat iron my whole head (could all fall out!:yikes:). I can't wait to color my hair, all this stress is making me go gray. Yikes!

Quirky Chick
04-22-2013, 04:49 PM
I use Big and Sexy root pump, molding product, and a touch of hair spray. But I have a short wacky cut. :dizzy:

ataraxia3
04-22-2013, 04:53 PM
I use Garnier Fructis leave in conditioning cream to help eliminate some of the frizz, i usually put it in while my hair is still damp and when it dries it doesn't look like a hot mess. I love that product!

avalonmoon
04-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Whew, I thought my holding on to them would be passe but all of you
rested my mind. I am so out of touch with what the beauty 'norm' is anymore..
too much time spent trying to get to decent weight. Thx everyone for your
replies.

Elvislover, I hope your hair is healthy again soon.

Roo2
04-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Use product often in my hair and electric big rollers ,flat iron,blow dryer...and Hot Blow torch if necessary LOL!:D

Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

avalonmoon
04-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Wow Roo2, you put a lot of effort in. :)

Roo2
04-22-2013, 05:37 PM
No choice or I would be walking around ONE BIG HOT MESS!
Some people have natural beauty! Me Camouflage is My Friend LOL:D

elvislover324
04-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Roo's blowtorch reference did make me giggle!

Thank you, avalonmoon. :)

Vex
04-22-2013, 08:04 PM
I HATE stuff in my hair. I do use leave in conditioner and Kenra hairspray though to finish off, especially with this dry winter (spring!?) and the flyaways.

I can't tell you the last time I used an iron of any type. I do have hot rollers that I could use should I have something fancy going on.

stella1609
04-22-2013, 08:37 PM
I use a curl cream or gel daily, but my hair is naturally curly (ignore the avatar pic, lol).

mimsyborogoves
04-22-2013, 11:18 PM
Most of the time I just use heat protector spray, smoothing serum, and a blow dryer. When I'm not lazy I might throw some volumizing mousse in and use my flat iron. :)

alaskanlaughter
04-23-2013, 12:25 AM
i dont own practically anything listed above...i wash my hair, run some gel through it for volume, and that's about it...i own one hair clip and one bigger clip where i can stick it all on my head...my hair is about shoulder-length, no bangs, and somewhat layered...but so far my lack of hairstyle hasn't affected anything important to me (job, relationships, raising my kids etc) so i never bothered to do anything else with it...once in awhile i'll color it

AlmostMe
04-23-2013, 04:09 AM
I use a spray-in oil after washing. I have curly hair that's prone to frizz. Sometimes I blow dry, sometimes I don't. Usually not. I hate fussing with my hair.

I do colour my hair. Need to do it again today. I have a lot of gray just around my face which makes me look a lot more gray than I am. My hair has got darker and darker - it's VERY dark brown now - as I've got older and for someone who's been fair-haired most of her life it feels quite unnatural.

Novus
04-23-2013, 08:03 AM
I'm totally a no-fuss girl when it comes to hair. Wash it, towel dry it, finger comb it. In the winter, though, I do usually blow dry it and use this (http://www.beauty.com/alterna-winter-rx-anti-static-spray/qxp378109) anti-static spray.

Thedollylala
04-23-2013, 08:12 AM
I'm a hairstylist. I hoard products. I never buy them either, they are given to me by suppliers and I just use what I'm given. I have toats, sometimes I give them away.

SoMuchFattitude
04-23-2013, 08:17 AM
I use John Freida's Frizz Ease regularly - d@mn curls...

Also KMS Volume stuff

CherryPie99
04-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Wow, I guess I use a lot - I shampoo and condition, then run some Tigi Bedhead cream through my hair then some Tigi Bedhead curling spray while blow drying and then I finish it off with hairspray!

Roo2
04-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Ok the morning shampoo and conditioner Nexius ,then spritz hair put big curlers in blow dry...then big hot rollers in some of hair ,curing iron bangs , oh frizz serum too.
Mmmm did I forget anything ...,have long curly hair that is very high maintaince . I do gel hair and air dry for a curly look but that 's if being lazy and in hurry
Straight haired girls hair care is not as intensive as is for naturally curly girls!

Oh I forgot to use the Blow Torch
Oh I also a little hairspray on the bangs to hold them ! Yep I think I'm done!

Song of Surly
04-23-2013, 09:07 AM
I occassionally use a leave-in conditioner, but that's just since I started losing weight. My hair and nails have really took a beating with the weight loss. I use a root boost, and then my all-time favorite hair product: Bed Head's "Small Talk." It doesn't take much, and it's really good on my hair. Then a blow out with a big round brush, a little shine/split-end serum, and a little hairspray. No flat-iron or curling iron unless I'm really wanting to doll, but my hair actually has always laid better just on its own.

When I wear my hair curly, however, I use a curl/anti-frizz mousse and blow it out with the uh... can't remember the name of it. That big round space probe looking prongy thing that came with my hairdryer that I read how to use properly on the Internet a long time ago. Plus a lot more hairspray.

dehtripper
04-23-2013, 10:00 AM
I don't use anything short of some shampoo and the odd bit of conditioner since i have dreads. BUT even I've had no use for styling products in nearly 8 years, I still hoard them just in case that day comes where I brush/cut these things out.

Nichole2013
04-23-2013, 10:26 AM
I have curly/wavy hair, I used to blow dry it straight but eventially my hair started falling out and breaking at the ends from the heat damage. so now I keep it curly..i love not having To wake up at 3 am just to straighten my hair !
Now I just use A leave in conditioner, curl defining cream, and a flexiable hold spray to keep the flyaways under control.

JerseyGyrl
04-23-2013, 02:09 PM
I use a heat protection spray and a little argan oil.....and finish with a light hairspray.

LockItUp
04-23-2013, 04:53 PM
I use Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel. Put it on wet hair, blow dry upside down with attachment. I have hairspray just in case, but rarely use it unless I throw my hair in a pony tail sans shower and need to tame some crazy bit of hair.

elvislover324
04-23-2013, 04:56 PM
When I wear my hair curly, however, I use a curl/anti-frizz mousse and blow it out with the uh... can't remember the name of it. That big round space probe looking prongy thing that came with my hairdryer that I read how to use properly on the Internet a long time ago. Plus a lot more hairspray.

This made me laugh!! It's a diffuser. :)

ChickieChicks
04-23-2013, 07:43 PM
I just bought some hair products for the first time in over five years. I got some heat protectant mouse and hairspray.

I hate drying my hair, so I almost always let it air dry. Some days it ends up wavy-cute and I will keep it down, most days it is wavy-blah, so it goes up in a high, messy bun and I poof the crown just a little. No product.

I did finally explore a spiral curling iron, and it works great, but the heat is so high that I felt it was damaging my hair even with products, so I stopped.

I am high maintenance is other areas. Lol

PaintedPonies
04-23-2013, 07:50 PM
I wash my hair with baking soda and an essential oil (just a few drops, usually rosemary- smells soo good). It's super cheap, and a lot more eco-friendly.

Apple cider vinegar is good too, it acts as a conditioner

Skettihead03
04-23-2013, 09:19 PM
You girls are lucky. I have crazy hair thus the nickname skettihead. It's naturally a frizzball. If I got out of the shower and threw it up it looks like a wacky fried mess. I use herbal essence totally twisted mousse and big sexy hairspray. When I can pull off a straight day, I use Frizzease straightening shampoo and conditioner to start, lazer straight leave in conditioner, then takes about an hour or so to straighten and I use morracan oil along the way. Even THEN it frizzes up at the first sign of moisture or humidity.

Mozzy
04-24-2013, 12:06 AM
I don't use anything, I'm lazy! Lol

I'm a pony-tail kind of girl

ICUwishing
04-25-2013, 11:41 AM
My hair is so stupidly thick, wavy, and coarse that it's like wearing a blanket on my head. I used to waste hours on it. Now I wear it super-short, and only use a little dab of VO5 conditioning hairdressing in it for shine. Why that ancient men's product? Because, simply put, it works great and doesn't attract bugs in the summer. ;)

Tibbits2u
04-26-2013, 10:41 AM
I have shoulder length wavy hair ..i used to straighten it everyday, not only was it a pain to get up every at 4 am every morning just to fix my hair but it eventially started falling out due to the heat damage/chemicals in the hair dye. now i use Miss jessie's quick curls and organix sea salt spray to help define my curls ! anything heavier weighs my hair down and makes it greasy. I used to hate my hair now I love how i can just wash it throw some products in it and go !

celigirl88
04-26-2013, 12:19 PM
I straighten my hair everyday. I have to or my hair would be out of control. I do wear it natural sometimes and when I do, I usually use Garnier wave defining spray with hairspray. I have a LOT of leave in conditioners that I use. I also haven't brushed my hair in years, and you would never know. And my hair is really healthy.