Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #1  

Default Differences in liquid diets

What is the difference between the Medifast diet plan and Take Shape for Life, New Lifestyle Diet and Ideal Protein diet? I know they are mostly liquid diets and you use their shakes, puddings, bars, etc. Is it all basically the same plan with their brand of meal substitute?
lcoughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Basically. They all have differences of course. Ideal Protein is more of a type of diet. NLD and Medifast are pretty similar, but you can use NLD for IP and Medifast. Dunno about Take Shape, never looked that one up. I know a lot of people prefer IP, but use alternative products, such as that from Diet Direct, Pro-Protien or various other sites.

All of them proclaim you can lose 3-5 pounds a week. All of them are pre-packaged meals. Some taste okay, some horrible, some pretty good.

But basically, yeah. I think IP diet type (I'd buy the alternative products..mucho cheaper) is the better of all of them though...more "real food" (read 4 cups of veggies a day )

Last edited by zoesmom; 04-21-2013 at 08:17 PM.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #3  

Ideal Protein you actually eat food...and its a ketogenic diet..which means you put yourself into ketosis and burn your FAT stores...i've been on it a few weeks and am having amazing results....i would suggest you look into it further there is a section for just "ip-ers"on these forums you could start looking for more information there

good luck
Art3mis is offline   Reply With Quote