Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #1  

Default Can't stick with it!

Hey ladies! So I diet strictly all the time and I work out everyday! But after a couple months of seeing almost no results I just get discouraged): I'm at a low point now and just got off my diet and workout plan a few days ago. Any advise? I have prom in a month, and was hoping to lose a wee bit of belly fat. Thanks(;
(Btw I'm only 130 so it's harder for me to lose weight)
Youngwildnginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:13 PM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Same advice I gave last time - shapewear, and a sensible diet to follow longer term. I think I remember you mentioning you're already lifting, which is excellent for tightening things up, but diet is where the real, long term change will happen.

You don't need to diet severely or strictly, but you DO need to diet consistently. Pick a calorie level or plan and stick with it. The less severe, the better. Yo-yoing is a terrible trap to fall into, where you vacillate between starving yourself for a period of days or weeks and then throwing up your hands in exhaustion and hunger and falling off the wagon completely. Some of us on this board have very literally dieted ourselves fat - we began that cycle at a healthy weight like you, then went up and down, adding a few bad habits or a few additional pounds each new diet/rebound cycle, until our bodies were exhausted and flabby and our ability to discern our natural hunger cues and eat without extremes was all but obliterated. And that's a normal case, not a more extreme one, where lifelong disordered eating, hormonal damage, and secondary physiological conditions related to the diet issues popped up however many years down the line.

Pick a sensible plan, stick with it. Eat slightly less, focus on whole foods, control for a certain macro or ration, whatever. But pick something simple and stick with it. You likely won't see major results before your prom, which I reckon isn't far out now. But in time for summer, or next school year? The differences will be dramatic if you pick a plan and stick with it, along with what you're already doing
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:40 AM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngwildnginger View Post
Hey ladies! So I diet strictly all the time and I work out everyday! But after a couple months of seeing almost no results I just get discouraged): I'm at a low point now and just got off my diet and workout plan a few days ago. Any advise? I have prom in a month, and was hoping to lose a wee bit of belly fat. Thanks(;
(Btw I'm only 130 so it's harder for me to lose weight)
Arctic Mama has lots of good advice! Love her!

So you went "ON" a diet and workout plan, and now you are "OFF"!

That's the problem!

When you go "ON" at some point in time, you will go "OFF!"

As Arctic Mama said, find something sensible, healthy for your nutritional status, find work outs you like, keeping in mind, if you love lifting, you still need a little cardio, even if it's just a brisk walk or a bike ride. On the flip side if you love cardio, you still need some strength and power training.

As long as you eat sensibly most days, and get in most of your workouts, you'll be fine! It's a marathon, not a sprint!

Just imagine, if you find a good healthy balance, how great you will look at a 10 year reunion!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote