Weight Loss Support - No cake for you. Really?

View Full Version : No cake for you. Really?

lunarsongbird
04-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Today I walked over to a little French bistro for lunch. I've been there a dozen or so times in the past, but haven't been in recently. The owner/chef asked me what I have been up to... So I told him about starting school and focusing on wellness. I mentioned I've lost about 35 pounds.

I ordered and then asked about a white cake he had in his dessert case. He told me it was a lemon tart cake. (Not interested. Don't like lemon desserts). But he told me that he wouldn't sell it to me. That I wasn't allowed to have it on my diet. "I could dream about it and think about it....but I could NOT have it." Seriously. He wouldn't sell me a slice.

Wow. That was interesting. I didn't bother telling him that I was intuitively eating and lost my weight eating whatever I wanted...only when hungry. But what was he thinking? Has anyone had a run in with the food police recently?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_E08_SqajRbs/S9ySmbiCV0I/AAAAAAAAACE/W6qK5W61NUk/s1600/comic_takecake.jpg

LockItUp
04-19-2013, 05:29 PM
I'll start with a positive thought: Perhaps he was trying to be supportive. Like a bartender refusing to serve an known alcoholic a beer, or something like that.

Ok, now for my food police thoughts: UG!!!! I despise the food police. They should mind their own business and let you eat, or not eat, in peace! I hate to say it, but it only gets WORSE!!!!!!!

I shall now end in positivity: I like your cartoon!!!

EagleRiverDee
04-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Holy. Crap.

Ok, I'll be generous and assume he thought he was being cute. Or maybe helpful. But he was soooo out of line. Wow.

alaskanlaughter
04-19-2013, 05:32 PM
that is really Really REALLY out of line!! especially for an owner who, I assume, would like to NOT run off current customers...and secondly, reason #4892 why I do not tell my weight loss stats to anyone except my DH and sometimes my sister...ughhh

nitrus29
04-19-2013, 05:33 PM
the fact that he is chatting up means you guys have exchanged more than pleasantries! so he is definitely being friendly and supportive!! I wouldn't worry too much about it, Lunar!! Take it in good stride. He's just being overly helpful :D I would thank him for being so supportive !!

Mozzy
04-19-2013, 05:36 PM
the fact that he is chatting up means you guys have exchanged more than pleasantries! so he is definitely being friendly and supportive!! I wouldn't worry too much about it, Lunar!! Take it in good stride. He's just being overly helpful :D I would thank him for being so supportive !!

This^^

TripSwitch
04-19-2013, 05:42 PM
I just can't believe that he was truly serious.... I mean did you actually insist on buying a piece of this cake and he flat out told you "NO!!!" because I just find that hard to believe...

lunarsongbird
04-19-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm glad that most other people aren't overly helpful. LOL. I'd have to put them in their place.

I actually did have a guy on a first date ask me if I really should be eating a licorice rope at a baseball game. Ha. I didn't marry him.

TripSwitch, I didn't really insist, because I didn't want lemon cake, but I did ask him, '"But what if I REALLY wanted it?" and he continued on with his, "You can dream about tasting it...and think about finishing it....blah blah blah." It was really quite a strange interaction.

Katie816
04-19-2013, 05:45 PM
He might have been trying to be helpful or even supportive, but that still would have made me mad. It just doesn't seem like an appropriate comment for a business owner to be making.

lunarsongbird
04-19-2013, 05:48 PM
It reminded me of this comic:
http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/funny-fat-cats-300x225.jpg

He said that I was looking quite sexy. Maybe he wanted to try to keep me that way.

And I agree, Katie. I'm not friends with this business owners. He knows who I am. That's it. I'm a girl that works across the street from his establishment.

ReillyJ
04-19-2013, 05:49 PM
I'll start with a positive thought: Perhaps he was trying to be supportive. Like a bartender refusing to serve an known alcoholic a beer, or something like that.

Ok, now for my food police thoughts: UG!!!! I despise the food police. They should mind their own business and let you eat, or not eat, in peace! I hate to say it, but it only gets WORSE!!!!!!!

^^ Agreed

No business really has the right to refuse to sell food to a customer (assuming that customer is acting in a "normal" manner)

TripSwitch
04-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Sounds like maybe it could have been some sort of akward social or cultural disconnect on his part... Maybe?.... IDK...

Garnet2727
04-19-2013, 06:06 PM
He was being a paternalistic jerk even if he was joking.

lunarsongbird
04-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Yeah- even if he was joking...and I actually wanted the cake, I would feel pretty bad about trying to get it. He would have jokingly shamed me into feeling awful. But who am I kidding? I would have gone somewhere else for dessert then.

Lecomtes
04-19-2013, 06:32 PM
Was he French? My dad immigrated from France, and I briefly lived there as a child. My experience has been that the French are more liberal with such comments, usually in a "trying to help" kind of way. By American standards my dad was a total @ss about my weight, but by French standards he was just trying to help out. Hard to say for sure, but I would chalk it up to cultural disconnect...if he was a Froggie. :)

elvislover324
04-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Love the comic strip and kitty picture you posted.

I hope you really didn't want that cake as it makes me sad for you if you did.

I'm so stubborn, I'd never shop at that place again. And I'd make sure I walk by so he knows I'm still around, just not frequenting his business. (Just like my thread yesterday, what am I, 5 years old proving my points?)

He's in the business to sell cake. He had cake, you wanted cake and had $$$. And even if you weren't on a diet like you are, he's not the boss of the cake. And what if the slice was for your DH, mom, coworker? Maybe you were only buying 1 piece so you didn't eat any and you were already in control of the situation.

I get angrier and angrier about this silly piece of cake the more I think about it. I'm sorry this happened to you.

lunarsongbird
04-19-2013, 06:52 PM
:: snickers :: Boss of the cake. That made me laugh.

elvislover324
04-19-2013, 06:58 PM
LOL Lunar!! :hug: Made me think of the Soup "boss" on Seinfeld! No cake for you!!

LockItUp
04-19-2013, 07:08 PM
LOL Lunar!! :hug: Made me think of the Soup "boss" on Seinfeld! No cake for you!!

:lol: awesome!!!

Amarantha2
04-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Weird.

ladykahlo
04-19-2013, 07:17 PM
People think that they're being helpful when they're really not being helpful. It's quite silly but when I talk about my weight, it's like I've opened the flood gates and now every body and their cat can tell me what to do to lose weight. Oh and no matter what, they think they know better. Oh and if I do lose weight, they comment on my body even more! So yeah, I get that it's frustrating. :mad:

But that's awesome that you've lost 35 pounds! Congratulations!:carrot:

Silverfire
04-19-2013, 07:56 PM

This too^^

I would take it as a compliment that he likes the changes you have made and wants to support you in it, even if it wasn't really the best way to go about it.

Sometimes my boyfriend will give me a little look when I am eating something that I probably shouldn't be. I tell him I can have treats sometimes. Its allowed.

Agreed that food police suck! Even when they mean well by it.

and I totally :lol:'d at your cartoon

Keep Moving Forward
04-19-2013, 08:52 PM
So, he calls you sexy & then deprives you of (icky lemon) cake? He probably thought he was being funny, but that's still not cool. I agree with Elvis about walking past his store, but I would add eating cake as I passed him ;)

the shiv
04-19-2013, 09:32 PM
What in the heck?! I would have thrown that cake at his face!! I go for coffee & cake with a friend about once a month, it'd be more if I could afford it, lol! Next time I'm going to tell the lovely guys who run the place I'm losing weight and see if the same thing happens! I lost 3lbs the first time I went in there, so clearly I am eager to return, heh ;)

I swear it was the cake that did it ;)

:: snickers :: Boss of the cake. That made me laugh.

Oh! Second... No idea why :rofl:

I didn't read this page yet!

shcirerf
04-20-2013, 01:10 AM
While the whole thing was strange, most likely he was trying to be helpful in the only way he knew how. So I don't see anything wrong with putting it in perspective, and giving him credit for saying he's proud of your success, and does not want to partake in any back sliding, even though it is ok to have cake now and then.

Put the positive spin on it, take it as a compliment and move on.

If you do want cake, just make it yourself or go somewhere else.

Keep in mind, this person, granted in a strange way, does support you and your success!:D

Thinforme
04-20-2013, 09:22 AM
I have to agree with the possible culture difference 90% if my "odd" weight conversations could be cracked up to that.

IanG
04-20-2013, 09:27 AM
As others have said, I think he had the hots for you.

KatMarie
04-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Sounds like he was flirting.

lunarsongbird
04-20-2013, 09:47 AM
You luvs me? Thenz give me cake!
http://lifeonacocktailnapkin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Copy-of-CakeNine.png

Kidding. It's nice to have the "world" rooting for me...even if it comes off a bit distorted sometimes.

Garnet2727
04-20-2013, 09:57 AM
That literally made me laugh out loud! Give me cake!

Rhiko
04-20-2013, 10:04 AM
At first thought, I think that he had the best intentions at heart and he shouldn't have refused you cake. For all he knows it was your treat. My second thoughts are that he should mind his own business! I think it's disgusting that he thinks it's OK to dangle it in front of you yet you have to cut out from your diet.

Was he flirting with you?

If you see him again next time you order cake, buy two slices and hide the second one in your bag when you sit down lol

bargoo
04-20-2013, 02:07 PM
I think he thought he was being supportive and helpful. I wouldn't let it bug me.

Lolo70
04-20-2013, 02:18 PM
If he was French, this would explain it. They are quite honest in their comments and voice criticism openly and do not follow the US tradition of being politically correct. French woman do not take it very personally. He may also just have been a bit flirtatious with you. After all, you did tell him a lot of personal stuff. This would have then nothing to do with food police. Just different cultures and mentalities.

bunnabear
04-20-2013, 02:29 PM
I would have to say that under the circumstances you described that it is no big deal. My first thought is that you brought it up and he was probably just being funny and making light of you sharing some personal details. Now if he said "you need to lose weight so I'm cutting you off" or "I've noticed you have lost weight so I'm looking out for you", then that would be out of line. What you described however sounds very harmless and if you were really offended I would say to remind yourself that you walked into it and be more careful in the future with whom you choose to share sensitive details.

bunnabear
04-20-2013, 02:32 PM
At first thought, I think that he had the best intentions at heart and he shouldn't have refused you cake. For all he knows it was your treat. My second thoughts are that he should mind his own business! I think it's disgusting that he thinks it's OK to dangle it in front of you yet you have to cut out from your diet.

Was he flirting with you?

If you see him again next time you order cake, buy two slices and hide the second one in your bag when you sit down lol

In all fairness she brought it up so it's hard to say he should mind his own business. He asked a harmless chit chat type of question and she opened the door on the weight discussion. Him minding his own business went out the window with the sharing of personal details. As they say, "Don't open the door if you don't want someone walking thought it."

mimsyborogoves
04-20-2013, 03:09 PM
I woulda been like, "Fine, I'll just go buy cake somewhere else instead. You lose the sale; I still get cake. Who's the real winner/loser in this situation?"

SouthernMaven
04-20-2013, 03:49 PM
^^ Agreed

No business really has the right to refuse to sell food to a customer (assuming that customer is acting in a "normal" manner)

Sure they do.

Lunarsongbird - maybe he'd struggled with weight himself? Or has someone in his family who has? Who knows? It sounds as if he was trying to be helpful, but I wasn't there, so I can't be sure. You are the best judge of that.

elvislover324
04-20-2013, 03:57 PM
If Lunar wasn't friendly with him and he refused the sale, there could have been huge repercussions for him. In a lawsuit happy nation, refusing service (which he essentially did) is a slippery slope.

And if I have the $$, I expect that a business sell me what they offer. If I want 10 buckets of KFC, who is anyone to judge whether I'm a size 2 or 22.

I bought a size Large top today. Can the clerk at Macy's tell me no, that my body would never fit in this? I think not.

bargoo
04-20-2013, 03:57 PM
bunnabear brings up a good point. To paraphrase her comment. Do not bring up your weight if you don't want anyone to talk about it. Once you mention that you are on a diet the Diet Police will appear and monitor everything you do food wise. I never tell anyone I am dieting I just let them think I am a picky eater ( I'm not) .

kaplods
04-20-2013, 05:18 PM
I think both sides of this conversation are quite strange. Why wouldn't you just explain your eating philosophy OR give your honest reaction to his comments. Instead, you played along. "What if I really wanted it?" Seems flirtatious, not offended. I personally wouldn't read anything negative or positive into the words without asking for more information. I rarely get offended or angry, and wouldn't have in a situation like this. What I would have done is ask, "What makes you think I can't lose weight and have a bit of cake now and again?" Or, "I didn't lose weight by forbidding myself occasional treats, I'm not going to start now" or even "Watching what I eat is my job, not yours, and if I need your help, I'll ask for it, " and no matter what I said or didn't say I probably wouldn't be angry, because I truly don't care enough about what strangers and acquaintences think of me for it to ruin or even affect my mood. Open hostility can even be amusing when you don't care what that person thinks.

freelancemomma
04-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Has anyone had a run in with the food police recently?

Can't say that's ever happened to me. Speaking of lemon (one of my favourite flavours), I was in Niagara-on-the-lake yesterday and bought a mini-lemon tart that was out of this world. You could tell it was made from the finest all-natural ingredients including real lemon, rather than that gawd-awful lemon concentrate stuff. It was just a biteful, but oh so satisfying.

Freelance

2fat2jump
04-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Maybe he's just an awkward conversationalist?

I'm REALLY bad at small talk, so I can see myself saying something stupid like this.

Rhiko
04-20-2013, 10:18 PM
In all fairness she brought it up so it's hard to say he should mind his own business. He asked a harmless chit chat type of question and she opened the door on the weight discussion. Him minding his own business went out the window with the sharing of personal details. As they say, "Don't open the door if you don't want someone walking thought it."

True, but there are boundaries too. He made a judgement and jumped to conclusions that she was cutting all sugar from her diet. She can do what she likes with her money and her weight.

As I said, I think he had the best intentions though. The more I read the scenario, the more it seems that he was being kind and looking out for lunarsongbird. I don't think there was any malice in there at all because 35lbs is a lot of weight. I do still think it was a little inappropriate though.

ReillyJ
04-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Sure they do.

But... come on, i think you know what i mean. In this instance he didn't have the right to refuse to sell her anything. What about the gay couple that is suing the bakery in Oregon for refusing to sell to them because of their sexual orientation? hmmm

EskaDee
04-21-2013, 08:02 AM
I think he was either trying to be funny or supportive. He might have been flirting or just jokey because you have a good relationship and he thought it was appropriate. Possibly he has been in your situation and he thought it would help, or he has never tried to lose weight and he thought it would help! I just love helpful people ;)

I must say that I think you handled it well, though, in any case. I have absolutely no idea what I would have done or said in your situation. I would have been completely taken by surprise and I think you did well! Congrats on your weight loss and your self control, both on not eating cake that you didn't want and on not hitting that guy in the face.

spanky
04-21-2013, 08:30 AM
Geez. I wish someone in my life would do that! Usually they're hellbent on convincing me I don't need to lose weight; the "Anti-Diet Police".

We have a secretary who won't include the dessert I ask for in my lunch order and pretends she "forgot it" every time. I just thank her for "Watching my Weight" for me and shrug it off.

Can I get his number? ;)

Spanky

bunnabear
04-21-2013, 04:36 PM
True, but there are boundaries too. He made a judgement and jumped to conclusions that she was cutting all sugar from her diet. She can do what she likes with her money and her weight.

That's true but he didn't really REFUSE to sell her the cake. It sounds like flirty banter to be honest. If she asked to buy the cake, had money in hand, and then he truly refused to sell it to her then we are talking about completely different situation. As she said, she wasn't interested in the cake anyway so there wasn't any interest expressed in buying it. The conversation sounds awkward and weird to be sure, but I don't think it truly crossed any boundaries.

As others have said, she also could have explained that cutting out foods like this isn't what has made her successful and that indulging to a certain degree keeps her on task. Since she openly shared the weight loss, there's no harm in taking it a step further.

For those talking boycott or going to a very negative place I would say that if you stop going to every business where someone says or does something stupid, you may find it hard to leave the house eventually. There was no malice here so I definitely wouldn't have chosen to overreact.

bunnabear
04-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Geez. I wish someone in my life would do that! Usually they're hellbent on convincing me I don't need to lose weight; the "Anti-Diet Police".

We have a secretary who won't include the dessert I ask for in my lunch order and pretends she "forgot it" every time. I just thank her for "Watching my Weight" for me and shrug it off.

Can I get his number? ;)

Spanky

There is nothing wrong with seeing the good in a gesture. I like your attitude :)

elvislover324
04-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Is there any thread lately on 3FC that doesn't become a snark-fest? Seriously.

mimsyborogoves
04-21-2013, 05:07 PM
elvislover, I feel that way too. We all seem to get into heated arguments over the silliest of things. I'm sure OP didn't expect her little awkward exchange with the bakery man to turn into a 4 page debate over when a business owner has the right to sell or not sell something to a customer based on something like this, lol.

lunarsongbird
04-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Oh- this thread really took off without me, didn't it? LOL. Whoops. Hope no one got bent out of shape over the lack of cake.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z-D2tzi14/TLSeoJojUQI/AAAAAAAAD6o/aLgjsuG6MJU/s400/marshmallow26.png

I wasn't offended or frustrated by this awkward exchange. I just thought it was a bit interesting. Apparently it was more interesting then I realized. ;)

ReillyJ
04-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Oh- this thread really took off without me, didn't it? LOL. Whoops. Hope no one got bent out of shape over the lack of cake.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z-D2tzi14/TLSeoJojUQI/AAAAAAAAD6o/aLgjsuG6MJU/s400/marshmallow26.png

I wasn't offended or frustrated by this awkward exchange. I just thought it was a bit interesting. Apparently it was more interesting then I realized. ;)

OK now I want some cake. Alas... no cake for me! :D No soup for me, either (LOL)

200poundquest
04-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Sounds like a pretty harmless exchange to me. If she hadn't mentioned her weight loss and he was like "no cake for you fatty!" that would be an entirely different story.

I think he probably thought he was being supportive. I imagine if she had said I told him I was focusing on wellness and I lost 35 pounds and his response was "here, buy some of my yummy lemon cake!" we'd probably be accusing him of being a sabotager ;P

joefla70
04-22-2013, 10:15 PM
I can't believe that some of you don't like lemon cake! Mmmmm!!! ;)

merilung
04-22-2013, 10:24 PM
I can't believe that some of you don't like lemon cake! Mmmmm!!! ;)

THIS. I pretty much don't care if the dude was willing to sell Lunar cake or not or if he had a right to refuse her cake or not but I'm very very concerned for those of you who don't like lemon cake!

lunarsongbird
04-22-2013, 10:26 PM
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2012/2/7/b1f6a7ce-ecc1-4743-9baa-a0f94484695b.jpg

Thedollylala
04-22-2013, 10:58 PM
Haha this reminds me, one time I walked into the bakery of the grocery store, and a friend/client of mine saw me glancin at desserts but I wasn't intended on purchasing any, I was on the way to get a small loaf of fresh bread, anyways he came up to me to ask me what I thought I was doing, haha I was like uhmmmmm nooo... Some people mean well by it.

mimsyborogoves
04-22-2013, 11:00 PM
I love lemon just about anything. But not lemon lime! Just lemon. Nom!

amandie
04-22-2013, 11:21 PM
I like lemon cake/bread/muffins but nothing lemon filled/custard/tart, please. But if it is lemon-lime like key lime? I'll take it.

elvislover324
04-23-2013, 06:37 AM
THIS. I pretty much don't care if the dude was willing to sell Lunar cake or not or if he had a right to refuse her cake or not but I'm very very concerned for those of you who don't like lemon cake!

So funny!!! Loved this post. :)

I'm glad though, means more lemon cake for us!!! :D

thnknthin1
04-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Lemon cake is yummy! My eldest DS asks me every year to make his favorite homemade lemon cake for his birthday, which is coming up. It's a lemon poke cake....lemon cake with lemon jello poured into the holes and for the icing you use cool whip mixed with lemon pudding. Yum!

I'll be having a teeny, tiny piece ;)

Rhiko
04-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Mmm Lemon...I eat lemons with no problems. So yummy. Even lemon and lime is yummy too ;)

Munchy
04-23-2013, 02:51 PM
When I was pregnant and going on a coffee run for my office, the manager at Dunkin Donuts yelled at me and told me I shouldn't have the coffee that her coworker had just sold to me.

I was so :mad: since I was also unable to control my pregnancy hormones and told her I'd buy and ingest whatever I wanted, and OF COURSE I wasn't drinking five separate orders of coffee!

Thinforme
04-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Oh lemon anything is so nom nom..... And now I want some lol :p

Silverfire
04-23-2013, 05:24 PM

I have seen what you mean Elvis!.....

Oh god, have all all the women here synced up cycles or something?

And https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=ac4fe58801&view=att&th=13e38c793784daa1&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1

elvislover324
04-23-2013, 07:03 PM
I have seen what you mean Elvis!.....

LOL that's why I put the disclosure in my new thread today that I will get the thread deleted! No more drama!!

And to keep on topic, I'm dying for lemon cake now!!! YUM. Let's all go to thnknthin's son's birthday party!! :celebrate:

ReillyJ
04-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Me!! MEEEEE!! i love lemon everything!!

thnknthin1
04-23-2013, 07:53 PM
LOL that's why I put the disclosure in my new thread today that I will get the thread deleted! No more drama!!

And to keep on topic, I'm dying for lemon cake now!!! YUM. Let's all go to thnknthin's son's birthday party!! :celebrate:

Come on over everyone....more the merrier I say!! I always make enough for an army, only way I know how to cook :)

JohnP
04-23-2013, 07:54 PM
In before the lock!

LockItUp
04-23-2013, 07:58 PM
In before the lock!

:lol: don't see many of these posts here

Arctic Mama
04-23-2013, 10:12 PM
I think both sides of this conversation are quite strange. Why wouldn't you just explain your eating philosophy OR give your honest reaction to his comments. Instead, you played along. "What if I really wanted it?" Seems flirtatious, not offended. I personally wouldn't read anything negative or positive into the words without asking for more information. I rarely get offended or angry, and wouldn't have in a situation like this. What I would have done is ask, "What makes you think I can't lose weight and have a bit of cake now and again?" Or, "I didn't lose weight by forbidding myself occasional treats, I'm not going to start now" or even "Watching what I eat is my job, not yours, and if I need your help, I'll ask for it, " and no matter what I said or didn't say I probably wouldn't be angry, because I truly don't care enough about what strangers and acquaintences think of me for it to ruin or even affect my mood. Open hostility can even be amusing when you don't care what that person thinks.

Yeah sorry, but I agree completely that this is likely an excellent lesson in not bringing up your weight loss. Whether he meant it as a joke, help, or even offense, it wouldn't have even been brooched as an issue if you were a little more cautious with the small talk. It's unfortunate we have to watch out for the food police, even very kind and well intentioned ones, but that's reality. Take this as one of many life lessons in the subject of "WEIGHT".

Everyone's got an opinion, most are not going to mesh with yours/mine. Thus, don't bring it up if you can help it, or expect some negative/weird reactions like that :?:

Arctic Mama
04-23-2013, 10:19 PM

Quoting this poster but my response isn't aimed at them :hug:

This could be part of the issue - overly sensitive responses or easy offense. I just read this whole thread and saw absolutely nothing worthy of a lock or post deletions. Offering a variety of opinions, even those that are strongly worded or deeply sentimented, doesn't mean something is drama/snark/bad.

If something this mellow gets censored, it would be pretty ridiculous. I've seen worse, but I keep hoping the hair-trigger flaggers will get someone telling them to grow up and deal with *slight* verbal adversity, especially where no malice is intended.

It was a great thread, actually, in that many of us deal with this during our weight loss and maintenance. Seeing the different potential responses to the situation from the angle of other people is very valuable. Even if we don't agree it can certainly make us think.

patns
04-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Sure they do.

Lunarsongbird - maybe he'd struggled with weight himself? Or has someone in his family who has? Who knows? It sounds as if he was trying to be helpful, but I wasn't there, so I can't be sure. You are the best judge of that.

That's what I thought too. But then I'm a lemon dessert addict and would have had the lemon food dreams.

patns
04-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Quoting this poster but my response isn't aimed at them :hug:

This could be part of the issue - overly sensitive responses or easy offense. I just read this whole thread and saw absolutely nothing worthy of a lock or post deletions. Offering a variety of opinions, even those that are strongly worded or deeply sentimented, doesn't mean something is drama/snark/bad.

If something this mellow gets censored, it would be pretty ridiculous. I've seen worse, but I keep hoping the hair-trigger flaggers will get someone telling them to grow up and deal with *slight* verbal adversity, especially where no malice is intended.

It was a great thread, actually, in that many of us deal with this during our weight loss and maintenance. Seeing the different potential responses to the situation from the angle of other people is very valuable. Even if we don't agree it can certainly make us think.

Exactly!!

Now to me the bigger queation would be how did "Luna" get those cute little drawings in there?

Keep Moving Forward
04-23-2013, 11:31 PM

:rofl: