Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss - It's been a year....

View Full Version : It's been a year....

CherryPie99
04-18-2013, 04:07 PM
Today is the year anniversary of my skin removal surgery. I posted updated pics on my blog if anyone is interested...

http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/2013/04/its-been-year.html

Jen

thnknthin1
04-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Absolutely amazing! You look great!

Your story has always been a great inspiration of mine. Can't tell you how many times I've read it to keep me going :)

LockItUp
04-18-2013, 04:41 PM
WOW! You look really great! Thank you for sharing!!!

elvislover324
04-18-2013, 05:21 PM
You look so awesome!! I check out your pics sometimes when I need hope that everything is going to be alright.

I really appreciate your posts on 3FC and your willingness to share so much of your experience and knowledge with us. Thank you for all that you do for us. :)

And---happy anniversary!!

Roo2
04-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Jen - thank you for sharing yourself with us ! This gives a peek into the next part of the journey! You are an awesome Tour Guide:hug::D

Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

bethFromDayton
04-18-2013, 05:55 PM
You look fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures of before and after the surgery--I really appreciate being able to get an idea of what that is like.

amandie
04-18-2013, 06:40 PM
You look great!!!

Mozzy
04-18-2013, 08:09 PM
You look amazing! Your honesty and your willingness to share your experiences (and pics) is more helpful than you know!

Hugs to you :hug:

CherryPie99
04-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks so, so much, everyone. I always worry that when I post threads like this that people will think I'm just showing off or something, but I really want anyone who might be considering this type of surgery to know what it really looks like and what it entails!

Jen

berryblondeboys
04-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks so, so much, everyone. I always worry that when I post threads like this that people will think I'm just showing off or something, but I really want anyone who might be considering this type of surgery to know what it really looks like and what it entails!

Jen

I too think you look great and I too agree that it's important. Your life without the surgery would have been vastly different with the amount of loose skin you had. You were a tiny thing being pulled down by the weight of it all. Running must have been difficult.

And it's totally awesome that the scars are flat and they will still fade with time. It just takes a long time!

And your belly button piercing is so cute!

ikesgirl80
04-29-2013, 03:12 PM
I am scheduled to have a TT & BL June 6th, and spent the better part of the weekend reading your blog! It was helpful in being prepared and getting my mind in the place it needs to be not get fall into the depression trap that I am susceptible to. Thank you for sharing your journey!

fadedbluejeans
04-29-2013, 04:02 PM
you look great, thanks for sharing.

thinkfit
04-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Awesome! Thanks for being brave enough to share :)

ReillyJ
04-29-2013, 09:21 PM
You look great!!! That's the one thing i wish i could have in all this weight loss is a flat abdomen, i wish i could afford the surgery although it's kind of scary!