Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #1  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Default Running, training and mentrual cycle

(this is obviously a thread where I would like tons of men's inputs and opinons)

Okay, okay, kidding.

More seriously, I'd like to have opinions, inputs and experience from fellow chicks on mentrual cycle and training.

I consider that I train a lot (minimum of 4 runs a week + one gym training/lifting session) and since I started training in a more intense way (first halfmarathon of the season in a few months), my menstrual cycle is CRAYCRAYYYZY.

I red a bit about it online, it is said to be normal to observe a delay between period in athletes, for example. But last month, my cycle lasted 30-31 day and I am on my 33th day of cycle today and no signe of TOM yet whatsoever.

I'm not taking the pill, which add a tiny bit more nervous feeling to the situation :P but I've been wondering ; anybody has experience with this? How bad can a cycle be messed up?

Last edited by TurboMammoth; 04-17-2013 at 04:58 PM.
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

When I add stress to my body in any way, shape or form my period can disappear for several months...It could be totally absent (no blood) to just a spot or two, and then come back with a vengeance...Stress for me includes mental, emotional and physical stress...including but not limited to work stress, family drama, issues with DH, increased workouts, limiting calories and many more things
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #3  

Thank you very much for your input, alaskanlaughter! Really appreciated!

Although you scared me to death with the ''coming back with a vengeance part''
Old 04-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Are you getting enough food for your training schedule? Have you had blood work done to check for low iron?
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella1609 View Post
Are you getting enough food for your training schedule? Have you had blood work done to check for low iron?
Hmmm good question. I sure wanted to lose a few more pounds, so I was eating at a calorie deficit most of the day lately, but I always made sure to eat more on the long run days. Althought I feel I am eating more, I still might not be eating enough.

Thank you for the suggestion of the blood work, I'll check if I can have this done!!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175

Height: 5'8

Usually when I am not taking care of myself I have a heavier flow then when I am working out and eating right. When I have a heavier flow my period last up to a week when I am working on my fitness and health is is about three to four days
Cinnamonfox89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I run way less than you and have a higher BMI but for what it's worth my cycles have never been perfectly regular, and they continue to be irregular now.

I'm sure that was helpful!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote