Mini-Goals - slowly.. very slowly going ahead

View Full Version : slowly.. very slowly going ahead

matherleey611
04-17-2013, 03:14 PM
I was 147 lb when I started trying to lose weight. I am short: 4 11' and so my body looks all disfigured and funny.

I am a emotional eater and tend to overeat when I am alone.

Still after a month I am at 142 lb. I know its a small achievement. I had binged 4-5 days in one month. I look at the site everyday for inspiration from some very determined weight droppers.
Hopefully i can get to my goal 125 lb in a 6 months. I am getting married in 7 months.

one :dizzy: for every 5 pounds I lose...!!!

I am gonna buy myself a stunning black dress when I am at my goal and surprise my fiance.

VermontMom
04-17-2013, 03:29 PM
congrats on being down!! I also come here daily (hourly sometimes) for support and determination and inspiration. I am a s-l-o-w loser even when I think I'm doing everything right.

I wanna see your black dress when you get it! :D

matherleey611
04-17-2013, 03:43 PM
its the support here that keeps me going.

I am gonna post the pics for sure..!!
:smug::smug:

TheWanderer
04-17-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm an emotional eater too. I even want to eat if the phone rings. :) I battle this daily.

VermontMom
04-17-2013, 05:37 PM
I'm an emotional eater too. I even want to eat if the phone rings. :)

:rofl: I'm sorry, that was too funny!!! :devil:

Mountain Mamma
04-17-2013, 07:28 PM
I was 147 lb when I started trying to lose weight. I am short: 4 11' and so my body looks all disfigured and funny.

I am a emotional eater and tend to overeat when I am alone.

Still after a month I am at 142 lb. I know its a small achievement. I had binged 4-5 days in one month. I look at the site everyday for inspiration from some very determined weight droppers.
Hopefully i can get to my goal 125 lb in a 6 months. I am getting married in 7 months.

Congrats !
5 lbs in a month is nothing to squeeze at, especially for us shorter ladies.
Last year there was a wonderful thread here for slow losers, which was great.
It's never as fast as we want it to be, but the important thing is you DID lose! :carrot::carrot:

Roo2
04-17-2013, 07:47 PM
I think it is very doable to lose the weight in 6 months.:D

I find what works for me is to set targets and strive to hit them.:carrot:
If left without direction I'm not doing anything ...time crunch Rocket Launchers shoot out my backside!:D

What helps me is the internal conversation I have with myself and positive affirmation. I have Laser focus on goals! That works for me!

good luck,and I will be following your progress:hug: ,Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Mozzy
04-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Good for you! Keep up the good work