Simply Filling/Core - Chat: Core/Simply Filling: April 16-30

Tejas
04-16-2013, 12:15 PM
New Pages

Tejas
04-16-2013, 12:18 PM
I've been to tap practice and now have the TV on---I should turn it off and get outside. It's too much.

beach bum
04-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Just got though with dinner and I heading for the dollar store to buy a cheap pedometer to get some kind of idea what my walking strives and how many steps I'm taking. I read in the itinerary of my trip in Nov to the Holy Land that they will be lots of walking just like the last trip a year ago. I have to get my walking done still with this bad winter I didn't get out doors walking. Just call my lazy I have the bike right in my living-room do I use it NO!!

Thanks for the :welcome: back

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,wish I had the push to get down to the beach and start my walking.

Have to go,have a great day

nancy237
04-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Maryann..

Wish I lived near you ..I need the same push and I would love to walk on the beach with you..

I was up early to get the yard ready for a 9:45 am showing..
Now I am being lazy.. Its the first time I have felt caught up
with the house,yard & pool in a week so I am planning to goof off
and meet a friend at my favorite restuarant tonight.

ontarget
04-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Nancy, I'm glad you're caught up. Enjoy your day.

Maryann, I need to do more walking, too.

Rhonda, I can't watch any more. Not right now anyway.

I'm going to WW in a few minutes. I hope I don't break their scales.

Tejas
04-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Nancy, of course we'll keep your friend's niece in our thoughts and prayers.

I don't know anyone who was hurt but a good friend is from Boston--she is so upset, of course.

So, Nancy, why didn't you tell us about "North Carolina pie"? I saw the recipe on-line and made it today....so good. Don't tell me you don't know what I'm talking about :lol:

nancy237
04-17-2013, 12:34 AM
Now I have to know, I have never heard of NC pie...

Tejas
04-17-2013, 08:22 AM
NC pie....allegedly served in fish restaurants in NC

The crust is crushed saltines, sugar, and butter. The filling is sweet condensed milk, lemon and lime juice, and egg yolks. Served with whipped cream and sea salt---oh, it is so good. I'll see if can find a link to the recipe I used.

Tejas
04-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Here it is....not Core :lol:

http://www.npr.org/2013/04/11/176279512/a-north-carolina-pie-that-elicits-an-oh-my-god-response

nancy237
04-17-2013, 12:58 PM
That is one good sounding pie !!

I have to get back on track with my low carb immediately or I will
gain all the weight I lost..It seems with me that when I start to
have one servings of carbs I just want more & more..Then I keep thinking I
will have one more cheat before getting back to my diet..

My plan is
Breakfast----eggs & protein shakes in the morning..
Lunch --salad, left overs or frozen low carb recipes like diet coke chili, veg soup, veggie lasagna.
Dinner- Low Carb recipes or dining out..

Snacks- nuts, cheese, broth soups..

I have been reading about how easy it is to make protein smooties ahead & freeze them. Planning to try that. If I could grab one on the way out the door
it would help me not pick up bad choices when I am out & about.

beach bum
04-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Nothing new today,I met my Wed brunch group this morning and now I just going to do some odds & ends of cleaning around the house,since Thurs.and Fri. I won't have the time.

[[[[[[[[NANCY]]]]]]]]-You'll be a good walking partner,I like the beach that way I go by beachbum as my user name. I don't swim but I do love walking along the beach.Have a wonderful time with your friend,I miss my friend Rita this week and next as her sister is visiting her from Ireland so I not going out to our favorite restaurant.Saying prayers for all of the victims and there families from the Boston tragedy. What is her name,so I will be able to put her on my prayer list.

[[[[[[SANDRA]]]]]]]-I'm really looking forward to to the nicer weather and temps hopefully at the end of this month and than in May to getting my really walking done. CROSSING my fingers every turned OK at WW.

[[[[[[[[[[RHONDA]]]]]]]]-Thanks for the story and the recipe for NC PIE. I don't think I would use saltine for the crust I rather use graham crackers instead.

Have a great day

ontarget
04-17-2013, 04:17 PM
Nancy, I'm worried about myself. I seem to be missing a lot when I read posts. I didn't notice earlier about your friend's niece. She is in my prayers.

Rhonda, that pie sounds decadently delicious.

Maryann, I found out I'm fat. Surprise! :lol:

This is my official Day 1. Monday and Tuesday were unofficial but were OP.

nancy237
04-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Removed post for privacy

Tejas
04-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Nancy, I scrolled through and found her picture. i've been avoiding those pictures, but it helps to see her.

I have the same issue with carbs...more and more and more...

Maryann, the point of the saltines is to have the salt with the sweet...but I think chocolate cookie crust would be good too...

I took a mile walk today. I could do it well, but now, of course, my foot hurts...oh well...my problems are minor..

ontarget
04-17-2013, 10:17 PM
There's a WW recipe that calls for salt free saltines (oxymoron?). I've made it and I think Vickie's made it. It's yummy! I don't still have the recipe, though. And I might be wrong about the crackers being salt-free. I'm not sure.

ontarget
04-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Nancy, I looked at the photos, too. Sad...

sloanie
04-17-2013, 10:47 PM
I am busy, busy, busy:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Nancy, I remember that photo very vividly! I will be praying for Victoria. BTW, I was at 143 this morning. I've been low carbing for two days.

The pie sounds really yummy, y'all!

nancy237
04-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Sloan.. Good job on being 143 !!!
I lost some ground so I am between 144 and 145. I am back on track today !!

sloanie
04-18-2013, 08:01 AM
Nancy, glad you are back on track! Funny, I was thinking the same thing about the guy who helped Victoria. Her BF better look out ;)

ontarget
04-18-2013, 06:17 PM
I went to the doctor this morning. He said it did sound like I had had walking pneumonia. He put me on an antibiotic in case there's still infection and he also prescribed me some cough syrup.

Day 2 OP

Sloan and Nancy, I'm enjoying your journey together. Get that 140 soon.

On a sad note--last night we heard a big boom. At first we thought it was thunder. It was the explosion in West, TX. We live over 40 miles away. So sad... We have a friend who lives 5 miles from West. His property was damaged but he's all right. He mainly had large limbs blown from his trees.

nancy237
04-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Sandra..
Worried that you still have pneumonia..Hope the rx takes care of it..

I watched the news about the explosion..Scary that it was close enough for you to feel..Lots of sad news going on..

Being good with my eating!!

The interested people were unable to get enough loan for my house.
Seems they would have figured that out before wasting my time with 2 showings, but oh well...
Another showing Fri AM..

I am deciding about work now and I will hire help if needed to keep the house & yard ready to show..
The choice I have will probably be schools, per diem with home health & nursing homes or going temporary in the schools to finish the year with a staffing agency.
Full time in the schools may the the best benefits but I won't be able to
do things with friends & family like I could with per diem(as needed daily contracts)

sloanie
04-18-2013, 08:36 PM
So much troubling news!

Sandra, glad your doctor is on top of your pneumonia. Please take care of yourself!

Nancy, I am hangin' in there, too!

Hey Rhonda, Maryann, and Vickie!

ontarget
04-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Nancy, sorry about the folks not being approved for the loan. At least ya'll didn't have to wait 30 days to find out. I hope all falls into place for you soon with both job and home.

Sloan, I'm taking it easy. My main problem right now is the cough. Fatigue isn't as severe.

I'm looking at the neatest website. If you're interested, check out https://www.khanacademy.org

sloanie
04-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Sandra, I used the Khan academy site when I took Statistics. It is awesome!

ontarget
04-18-2013, 11:06 PM
I'm using it to help me tutor 5th Grade Math for the Texas STAAR Test.

sloanie
04-18-2013, 11:48 PM
If I had to do 5th grade math, I would need Khan academy, too! :lol:

Tejas
04-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Sandra, I was wondering if you could feel the blast--thought you probably could. i'm glad you got the antibiotics

Nancy, sorry about the house--it will happen...

Sloan, good for you on the weight loss...

I've walked a mile each day the last two days...foot is swelling a bit, but it is so much better.

nancy237
04-19-2013, 01:58 AM
Sandra..that is a neat site.. Thanks for sharing.
I need to brush up on my Math to help my grandson.
I loved Math in school and
I taught 9th grade math one year right out of college,
but I feel like I have forgotten everything I knew..

My kitty didn't come back to the door tonight like he usually does.
It worries me when he does this because we have
coyotes in our area..I kept him in all winter but he's just happier
going out some..

sloanie
04-19-2013, 07:56 AM
:woohoo: 142!

Nancy, hope your kitty okay! We have coyotes, too. If it weren't for my big German Shepherd, I would be afraid to let my little dog go outside.

Rhonda, sorry your foot is still swelling but glad it is better!

Have a great day, y'all!

nancy237
04-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Kitty finally came home in the middle of the night !!!

That cat is so funny, He loves to lay on the deck if I leave the door open.
When I close the door he wants in :dizzy:

My showing was canceled but it made me get busy this morning with
cleaning the pool, blowing off deck & patio & cleaning the house.

I am working on a plan of maintaining it all & working..(What I can do
each evening & then weekend stuff & what I want to hire..)
The pool will get easier soon when tree stuff quits falling !!
We have lots of trees surrounding the pool area which I would not recommend..
Nice privacy, but hard to maintain..

Tejas
04-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Sometimes I think that when our doggie goes to the great dog park in the sky that I will get a cat---then I think about the foxes and coyotes that we have here even in suburbia. I imagine I'll be without pets after this one.

Just watching the news about Boston....what on earth were those young men thinking? We might never know.

Thanks, Sloan, the Mobic is working wonders I think.

I'm not even looking at the math site!!!! Oh, OK, I will.

I am so upset--I actually gained the 3 pounds I lost, and gained 3 more--how the blankety blank blank is this happening. OK, very low carb for me for two weeks, starting NOW.

nancy237
Sloan

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Keep it up girl !!!!
If you hit 140 it will inspire me !!!

Tejas
...glad to hear the cat is back :woohoo:

ontarget
04-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Nancy, I'm glad your cat came home. And I hear ya on leaves in the pool. In my "other life", we had an inground pool. I loved it, but my "then" husband didn't.

:woohoo: Sloan.

My first mini goal is to reach 180. I am 13 pounds away.

Rhonda, I had regained quite a bit. What would we do if we didn't need to lose weight? Well, we'd probably be doing a lot of things, wouldn't we?

Day 3

ontarget
04-19-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm subbing in credit recovery classes today. This is being one of the easiest days I've ever had subbing. Right now I have 2 young ladies. We ate lunch together. They had dessert. I had a banana. Does this sound like me? :lol:

Antique Alley began today. Hwy 4 from Maypearl to Cleburne will be a hassle. But AA is always exciting. We have it twice a year.

Tejas
04-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Sandra, I don't think the weight is keeping me from doing things. It's just not healthy or as attractive as i want to be, and have been. I am finding that the cholesterol drug is really affecting my stamina, and when I go back to the MD I'm asking to go off of them so that I can exercise more efficiently and effectively.

This afternoon my friend Ann in NYC underwent an amputation of her leg. I knew nothing until I knew this. But, for a week she has been battling another infection and she's lost this battle. I feel so sorry for her. She has told me for years that this is what she dreads, being hacked away one piece at a time. (She has Type 1 Diabetes). They were hoping to take it off below the knee but wouldn't know until the got her into surgery. I haven't heard yet, and she may still be in surgery.

So, Sandra, I join you in having someone very close who has had to endure this.

The news has just said the suspect is "alive and in custody." Whew.

ontarget
04-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Rhonda, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. When my brother told me he was going to have his amputation, he told me that Grandmother cried when she heard he had diabetes. She told him, "Oh, they're going to cut off your legs." She told him that about 40 years ago and he still remembers it. Sad....

And I think you're beautiful. I understand your wanting to lose and feel better, but I want you to know you're a gorgeous woman.

nancy237
04-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Rhonda..so sorry to hear about Ann..keep us posted

I was hoping the news would be "dead & in custody", but I am glad they have him..

AA sounds fun..

I made turkey chili tonight from a recipe a friend gave me.. It has to cook
for a while to blend the flavors, but I don't think it will be a keeper recipe for me ..Seems on the sweet side..After it is done I can add a few things to
customize it ..

There is an 8 week short term position about 45 minutes north of me that I may look into on Monday..I want to do it but dread the juggling of other things
during that time..

ontarget
04-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Nancy, tweak that chili and make it yours. (Words of wisdom :lol: ) Nancy, it's hard to go back to work. There's never enough time. I wish you the best.

Tejas
04-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Ann's son just called. They took the leg off just below the knee, but they are not convinced they can stop there. They'll know more tomorrow.

Diabetes is just awful. And, this woman has taken good care of herself. Sandra, I can just imagine that your brother heard that forever. It's too true, even today.

Sandra, you're gorgeous too---I saw your reunion pictures! :hug:

Nancy, good luck with the job!

At least since he's alive, we might be able to find out if they operated alone and the injured and families can see him brought to justice.

sloanie
04-20-2013, 09:39 AM
Rhonda, I am praying for Ann. I am so sorry your friend is having to go through this!

ontarget
04-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Rhonda, I am so sorry about Ann. I can't imagine how she must feel thinking she might have to go back in for more surgery. So far Jim has not had to have anything done to his right leg. I will keep Ann in my thoughts. I feel so sorry for her.

Yes, diabetes is a nightmare. I have watched my brother suffer for over 40 years. He has multi health problems. Sad.

On a happier note--thank you Rhonda for the compliment. I really enjoyed the school reunion. My weight was (is) up but I didn't let it get to me like I usually do. I had a blast! And I don't think anybody was pointing any fingers at me about being fat. Oh what we do to ourselves with our minds! :lol:

Day 4

I cooked us a high carb bfast today. My portion was 7 pts. We'll see if I can lose eating like this.

Tejas
04-21-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm trying to keep carbs to 150 a day, eaten in the early part of the day.

I've also been able to walk a mile a day, and hope to be able to increase that soon.

nancy237
04-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Had such a fun day trip with a friend yesterday..Explored Historic Halifax,NC.
Hiked some and almost stepped on a huge snake.
Ran across a fishing tournament on Roanoke River that was fun to observe..

Today is a beautiful day here. Daughter's family is coming for a cookout
this afternoon..We are doing hamburgers but I can eat one without the bun &
eat salad...

I am going back and removing references I have made about my friend's niece..
The journalist & media have been harrassing them and people they know
for the story..

ontarget
04-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Rhonda and Nancy, you both sound in control of your eating.

We had lunch with friends today. I am still fighting nausea from the antibiotics the doctor has me taking. I didn't eat much. (not like me) Other than nausea, I feel great.

Antique Alley is winding down. We gave our bikes away to a cute family. We put them out by the road with a "free" sign on them. Glad someone's going to get some good from them.

Tejas
04-21-2013, 11:47 PM
Sandra, when my sister was a child she wanted to give away some kittens, so her sign read "kittens for give." :lol:

Nancy, sorry to hear that about your friend, but not surprised. What kind of snake did you scare? I worked a lot in the yard yesterday and expected to find some but I didn't.

I talked to Ann today and got a laugh from her. She has the word's most sarcastic and sardonic sense of humor so I can say almost anything much of the time. She's in pain, sad, and coping.

I took my great niece to see a great ballet today, and went out to a jazz performance tonight. We had such wonderful talent in this neck of the woods, just hard to believe at times. The costuming, set design, etc at the ballet was very professional, to say nothing of the dancing---accompanied by a chamber orchestra of 20 performers. Not the kind of recitals we had in my day, I can promise you.

I hope you all have a good night.

ontarget
04-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Rhonda, how cute about the kitty sign. :lol: I'm glad you got to visit with Ann today. Also, glad you had a good time today with the arts.

Day 5

So far so good.

ontarget
04-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Yayyyyyyy! My doctor told me to stop the antibiotics. I am so relieved. I have been nauseous since Friday. I am already much much better.

Day 6 (I did use some WAP's today. Curtis brought me some ice cream to make me feel better.)

sloanie
04-22-2013, 07:37 PM
Yay, Sandra! Yay for ice cream, too!

ontarget
04-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Thank you, Sloan. Tomorrow is WI. Today was my highest point day of the week. (so far) Tomorrow's my last day of the week and I wi tomorrow afternoon.

Tejas
04-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Glad you got off the antibiotics Sandra....and good for Curtis for getting you ice cream.

I saw the podiatrist today who told me to take the anti-inflammatory for one more week, then stop and see what happens.

We have a tap performance tomorrow morning, then a really big one on Saturday at the Jazz Fest. Then, we are taking a loonnnggg break!

ontarget
04-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Rhonda, I hope you're able to come off the Meloxicam; but, if not, there's more at the store.

Today is WI.

Day 7

nancy237
04-23-2013, 12:43 PM
It's cold here..

I am under blankets doing paperwork...

I had a consult today with a plastic surgeon about taking my earlobe mole off.
He agrees it needs to come off but said it should look fine after it heals.
They are doing it Thursday..

Rhonda..hope the tap performance went great..

Sandra..Wishing you the best for your WI

ontarget
04-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Nancy, will you have this done in his office or will you be going to a hospital?

We just got home from lunch out. Now I'm waiting to go back to WI.

Day 7

nancy237
04-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Nancy, will you have this done in his office or will you be going to a hospital?

We just got home from lunch out. Now I'm waiting to go back to WI.

Day 7

It will be done in his office and he even said I could drive home afterwards !!
My cousin is going with me .. I am not worried about the actual procedure, but I will just be relieved when its done & I still have an earlobe.

ontarget
04-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Nancy, I'm glad your cousin's going with you. Also glad your ear will be spared.

My brother just told me he's having his right foot amputated next week. He's been working hard to keep it but that's just not in the plan. Sad...

nancy237
04-23-2013, 10:04 PM
Sandra..so sorry to hear this..
I feel silly worried about an earlobe with what he is facing..

Tejas
04-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Sandra, i'm so sorry about your brother.

Nancy, almost any medical procedure is worth some anxiety. I hope it all goes well.

Our tap performance was great, actually. We were all very pleased. Now, one more practice before the big one on Saturday.

Our drama at church continues and some of us are meeting Thursday night to decide what to do. Right now, I think we are forming another group, run on a strictly volunteer basis, with no paid clergy.

ontarget
04-24-2013, 07:38 PM
Nancy, you have every right to be worried about your earlobe. I'm worried about my ingrown toenail. We each have to deal with what we have.

Rhonda, religious warfare is hard. We went through that a couple of years ago.

My brother's spirits are good. I'm very impressed with his bravery.

I administered the state test to some students today. Am I pooped! Just had a 17 point dinner. That should revive me.

Tejas
04-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Not much happening here today, but we went to see The Story of Pi and enjoyed it.

I was really tired after yesterday's tapping and all the walking I've doing. It's going to take a while to get back into shape.

I'm watching a program on asteroids and DH is snoring away on the sofa beside me. :lol:

ontarget
04-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Rhonda, we're watching NOVA right now. A few minutes ago, we saw a small bunny in our backyard. My feet are talking to me, too. I did a lot of walking around the classroom today. I'm no where near in shape. :lol:

sloanie
04-24-2013, 10:50 PM
I posted this afternoon, and when I got back on here, my post was gone. Oh well. I just got home from painting class, and I am bushed, so have a great night, y'all!

ontarget
04-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Sloan, I read your post too fast and thought you'd said you were "brushed."

Have a great night!

Vickie
04-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I've had my second boot in the butt Doctor's visit and I must now get serious....serious...serious. Nothing is dangerous but I am SO headed in the wrong direction. HDL is low although above 40 but the trigylcerides have gone up and the LDL is not great which is all exercise.

I keep waiting for my life to be stress free and to have lots of time and now I must admit that will never happen. So I need to try to push through and hope that the exercise will even help with some of the stress. Though it never has EVER given me a high.

We've been eating out and in general medicating with food and that needs to stop except for our birthday celebrations which will happen about 5 times next month.

I really am ashamed that I'm always starting over.

So....you're stuck with me because I know when I'm here every day, I do well.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

ontarget
04-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Vickie, I'm starting over again, too. We never give up. That's the main thing. I'm so glad you're going to be getting here more often. I been a-missin' ya!

ontarget
04-25-2013, 09:02 PM
We had salmon and a baked potato for dinner.

nancy237
04-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Vickie..
I am the same way about saying I am going to start exercising when my life is less stressful. Same about eating..I always think I deserve to eat anything after the kinda day I have had.

I have to think different too..

If I could get through the day til dinner with protein shakes, salad & soups, I think I could do better..

My ear surgery went fine..The numbing part hurt so much I thought he was doing the surgery..I even asked him if he was planning to numb it first.
But after that it was okay..I do have a killer headache and the numbing is wearing off..but I am glad its over..

ontarget
04-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Nancy, I'm glad your surgery is over. You take it easy. I would probably be wanting ice cream if I were you.

nancy237
04-26-2013, 01:48 AM
ugh..My head & ear hurt & I can't sleep !!
Sitting awake worrying about everything I can think of, feeling quite sorry for myself ;(
I think I will try to watch a netflix movie if I can find one I like..

Rhonda..I like The Life of Pi also..

I plan to purge some attic stuff tomorrow if I feel up to it..
Hoping to reduce the amount I will have to put in storage ..
I rarely use 3/4's of the stuff in my attic, so why do I keep it all ???

No showings on the house since Monday which worries me, I may be stuck in this house ..maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing..I have wondered about renting a room to someone that would help with the yard..

The NC Speech conference is in Raleigh Wed thru tomorrow. I wanted to go tomorrow but don't think I am going to feel like it if right now is any sign. I am usually tough..what happened LOL..

Sandra..I am not a huge Ice Creme fan , but some mac & cheese or chips & dip sound good right now..that's my comfort food.. Robin would have made me potato soup and his special gingerale & OJ drink.
Sorry to ramble..

Vickie
04-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Good Morning Chicks!

Service engine soon light came on last night. Jim is at dealer seeing what the problem is. We only have one car so it's important. We are buying a new car in July and have extended warranty until then but still it's stressful. I will NOT eat over this or the entire house of new windows we need to buy and then the new window treatments because the old won't fit. May need to find a job.

But I will not eat over this.

Nancy, glad your ear is better. I couldn't sleep either last night. Went to bed at midnight; got back up and surfed until 2 am. Tired now but I'm heading to the treadmill.

Sandra, got bless our determination!

Hey to Rhonda, Sloan, Pam and Mary Ann!

ontarget
04-26-2013, 12:08 PM
{{{{{Nancy}}}}} I hope today is better for you and that you get to go to the conference tomorrow if you want. Your comfort foods sound good to me, too.

Vickie, you have a lot going on. I'm glad you're sticking with your plan. Hang in there.

We're going to Cotton Patch Restaurant for lunch today. I am having grilled fried catfish, green beans, and steamed veggies.

Tejas
04-26-2013, 05:56 PM
No, we can't wait for the stress to pass. When it does, they put us 6 feet under! I just keep saying "this too will pass."

Nancy, sorry you're hurting!

We did tap practice yesterday on the so-called stage we're dancing on tomorrow. It is cement, and it hurts like %(#)$* from my foot to my hips. Why do we even do this. I am going to investigate the cost of renting a wood floor for next year. This is ridiculous.

I made a big breakfast for us and there is a pot roast in the crock pot. The weather is strange, overcast and still. There is no storm predicted for us, but north of us is going to really get it badly, so they say.

sloanie
04-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Hey chicks! Sounds like we need a big group hug! I found out today that I had upset someone at work by interrupting them during a meeting. Blaming that on my ADD, because I would never intentionally act that way. Anyway, the teacher, who is actually a friend, was kind and brave to tell me how she felt. She was very private, and I appreciated that. Of course, I apologized and we discussed how to handle a situation like that in the future. Now, I keep mulling the situation over and over. When I read Vickie's comment about feeling ashamed, my first thought was, NO! Never feel ashamed! Then I realized that I need to say that to myself, too! As Aibileen said, we is kind, we is smart, we is important!! Why are we so quick to "hate on" ourselves? I pray that you who are hurting physically find comfort, and I pray that you who are hurting emotionally find comfort as well. I am so glad that I have you chicks! I love you all!!!

nancy237
04-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Thanks everyone..
Got a good nap in today and this evening is much better..
I have been working around the pool and in the attic some..

I decide that I am going to work on the attic for a few days straight but when I get up there I think "that is too much, I will just do a few boxes a day"
So many boxes of little stuff that I have to look thru because some special stuff ended up thrown together with junk..I used to bring a few boxes to the dining room where I could go through it , but that is harder when the house has to be ready to show..

Having spinach salad and homemade mushroom soup for dinner..

Sandra..catfish sounds good
Rhonda..cement sounds like it would be hard to dance on..
Sloan..sorry about the conflict, sounds like you handled it great..

sloanie
04-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Nancy, if you are just starting to go through boxes, I have a suggestion. I have done this, but for only a few boxes so far. When you go through your boxes, make an index card for each box. Number the box and make a corresponding card with the box number and list of contents. Later when you want to find something, you don't have to dig through boxes. Just look through your card file, locate the box number you need, and "easy-peasy", you have found the item without a lot of digging.

nancy237
04-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Nancy, if you are just starting to go through boxes, I have a suggestion. I have done this, but for only a few boxes so far. When you go through your boxes, make an index card for each box. Number the box and make a corresponding card with the box number and list of contents. Later when you want to find something, you don't have to dig through boxes. Just look through your card file, locate the box number you need, and "easy-peasy", you have found the item without a lot of digging.

I love that idea..I want to take all the boxes and throw out as much as possible and label the rest..That # idea will help tons when I put things in storage. I can put the boxes in storage in order and find things so much easier !!!
It will help me know which boxes still need to be sorted too..

nancy237
04-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Popcorn, good movie and Diet Root Beer..All that is missing is the 3Fchicks !!!

Tejas
04-27-2013, 12:12 AM
Sloan, thanks for the words of encouragement to all of us.

And, what a great tip about boxes!

I posted a stunning picture on FB of a shelf cloud that was in Oklahoma.

Tejas
04-27-2013, 12:12 AM
I'm here :lol:

Tejas
04-27-2013, 12:14 AM
But, now I'm gone (hot tub, then to bed).

pam920
04-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Morning chicks. Hope all of you are well this rainy Saturday. Good day to lay in bed and watch Lifetime movies.

ontarget
04-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Sloan, what a beautiful message. You're right. We're too hard on ourselves. I'm glad you and your friend talked things over. I tend to hop around on one foot while the other is in my mouth. (I'm ADD, too.)

Nancy, glad you're feeling better.

Rhonda, cement sounds bad. I hope you don't have to tap on that again after this event.

Hi there, Pam. I've been missing you. Glad you're back.

I was just telling Curtis yesterday that here we are end of April and so far no severe weather here. (fingers crossing as I type) Today we went to the archery shop and both of us did some shooting. This was Curtis' first time since his surgery in July. I'm so happy for him. Afterwards, we went out to lunch. I just finished watering the flowerbeds and am now in for the day. I'm about to go look for a good movie on TV. Wish me luck.

nancy237
04-27-2013, 10:28 PM
Sloan..
A million thanks !!!

I worked in my attic today and the number system is going to help so much.
Now I don't have to try to categorize the stuff into boxes in hopes of finding stuff again..I am just filling a box, numbering it and writing down what is in that box.

ontarget
04-28-2013, 12:36 AM
;)

Vickie
04-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Saw a window company yesterday. The guy was a moron and we won't be hiring them. Should be sending out their best and brightest for the sale. We always assume it goes downhill from the salesperson.

Brodie is sick. We are taking him to the Vet in about 20 minutes. Thankfully our Vet has Sunday hours. Gotta go get ready. Talk to you all later.

Tejas
04-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Poor Brodie! I hope the vet has the answer.

Sandra, good to hear that Curtis got to shoot.

Our performance was not our best yesterday. Our taps kept sticking on the cement. I almost fell once--hope it was gracefully! We have one more performance on Tuesday at a nursing home on a good floor---then we're taking 6 weeks off.

I talked to Ann yesterday. She said she had had a very bad few days but was feeling perkier now. She has a cousin coming in today to spend a week. But, she is facing weeks, months of more surgery and of course lots of rehab. I'll go if she needs me during the transition to home.

I have another very sick friend in Ottawa who just received the news that the treatments for his pulmonary fibrosis, stemming from scleroderma, are not working. They estimate he has about 2 more months to live. Live every day Chickies!

That box numbering system works well--that's what we did when we moved.You can also make a copy of the index card and tape it onto the box in case you lose your inventory list!

ontarget
04-28-2013, 12:25 PM
{{{{{Rhonda}}}}} I am so sorry for your friends' health problems. You're a good friend. Glad you will have some time off from tapping after Tuesday. Your tootsies will appreciate it.

Vickie, I hope your vet can get Brodie back in good form really soon. Hang in there.

We're not going to church this morning. I won't go into it here, but it's looking like we'll be church surfing again. We are going to meet friends for lunch, though. I'm already dressed and ready to go.

Tejas
04-28-2013, 11:40 PM
I spent most of the day at the Jazz Fest, listening to wonderful music. I managed not to eat junk, and there was plenty to be had. After I got home, I made myself a wonderful, huge green salad with egg, beans, and guacamole.

i hope you're all having a good night.

ontarget
04-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Rhonda, you get an attagirl. That took effort. You did well.

nancy237
04-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Rhonda..your friends are having a tough time of it..glad you can help..
Vickie..hope Brodie is doing better

I lost touch with a good friend from college, was in her wedding and then she moved several times..Over the years I have tried to find her and I think I just did online, with help of her profession & maiden name . I called and a guy answered and when I asked for her, he said she wasn't there. Then I said "Is this "husbands name" he hung up on me before I could explain who I was..
So I called back and left a message about who I was & my number..Sure hope
we can reconnect..

ontarget
04-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Nancy, I hope you can reconnect, too.

Tejas
04-30-2013, 12:44 AM
Sandra, thanks....it took some effort. And, again, tonight i went to two meetings and really wanted sugar afterwards. But, I've managed not to eat that. I have had a good shot of good bourbon! :lol:

Nancy, I hope you get to reconnect, too.

Tomorrow we have the last tap performance of the year. I'll be glad when it's over.

My friend now has a blood clot in the other leg. They have treated it, so we shall see.

Tejas
04-30-2013, 09:32 AM
For breakfast i had a ham and cheese sandwich on low-carb bread--just because!

Have a great day!

nancy237
04-30-2013, 07:12 PM
I just figured out that if I list my attic box contents in a Word document that I can search the document for any item and I can also
print extra copies for the attic, files ect..

That will make it super easy to change any box contents...yay !!

Headed to the attic !!

sloanie
04-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Hey chicks, sorry I haven't been around. My college program is keeping me busy. I have finished the first three classes of fourteen. Even though the classes are fast paced and intense, I am not sorry for starting on this journey. Right now, I am just tired.

Vickie, how is Brodie?

Nancy, sounds like you are having fun with organizing.

Rhonda, glad you are getting a break from tap. Also, so sorry about your friend. Sounds like she is really having a hard time. I know you are worried about her.

Sandra, good luck with your church surfing. I know it is hard. We have been "unsettled" for a very long time.

You girls have a great night! I have to get to work. TTFN

ontarget
04-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Sloan, we just got an email from one of our dear friends from the church. I just e'd her back to tell her we might not be coming back. That was hard to do. :(

Rhonda, I had pimiento cheese for dinner. Well, I had a Braum's ice cream sandwich, too. Premium one at that. Now I'd like some bourbon. :lol:

Nancy, you are very very organized. I'm impressed.

Yikes! They are showing some chocolate goodies made from Nestles Crunch Bars on TV. Looks great!!

I'm not as tired today as I was yesterday. My feet aren't as swollen. Maybe I'm going to survive these 11 school days in a row afterall.:carrot:

sloanie
05-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Sandra :hug:

Vickie
05-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm starting day 2 of my new religion called Weight Watchers Simply Filling. Hope no one is offended by me calling it a religion. I'm just being silly.

Focus....focus.....eat to live....eat to live. Couple of important mantras for me. Thanks, Sloan. I love the Focus we don't need no hocus pocus one!

I'm probably eating too many carbs. I love them and they seem to show up at every meal. I was going to try to do it on my own without joining WW again, but I think I may sign up for online, at least for a while. Not sure about the meetings. I don't think I need the pressure. And, I think the pressure to perform would not be good for me right now.

I'd already gotten the slap down from the Internist and then Monday again from my kindest most wonderful Gynie. He encouraged me to start working WW again and I promised him that I would. He said his wife does it online and we chatted about the program for a while. He is SO nice and kind AND he knew what he was talking about. I knew he was coming from a good place.

So I've had two good days on program. It is birthday month for me and Jim so I don't expect much progress because I plan to eat on our special celebrations but I plan to be mindful instead of glutinous, if that makes sense. Besides my stomach hurts if I eat too much now anyway so I have to select carefully. I've also walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes both days. So far my foot is holding up! The exercise is key. I know that I cannot eat the small amount required to lose if I'm not exercising. That's how I got back here.

So....let me go see what you are all up to. I have to eat breakfast, walk, and get ready for today's rounds of appointments and errands.

nancy237
05-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Vickie..you can do it !!

My cousin just started the WW points plus (I think its called) she is excited about it..I am in major procrastination mood with this job stuff..
I love going to bed late and sleeping late and then getting my stuff done..
I dread a whole new schedule when I have to get up at 6 every morning..

My oldest son fell carrying a pot of boiling water yesterday (at the youth camp where he works ) he got 2nd degree burns on his neck & chest.. They think the burns won't blister which would be good...

I am not as organized as it seems , its just that my junk is in marked boxes :D
Getting rid of more stuff is my goal, not having it all labeled...

Tejas
05-01-2013, 02:33 PM
new pages going up...