Pregnant - Nursing - This seems like the right spot to jump back in...

chickadee32
04-15-2013, 05:44 PM
Hi all. :) I think June was the last time I was around, so it's been quite a while, but now seems like a good time to get going here again.

When I last posted on 3FC I was pregnant with twins. Unfortunately, I found out just after 8 weeks that I had lost one of the twins - we saw Baby B's heartbeat twice, but at what would have been my last appointment at the fertility center the heartbeat was no longer there. It was a devastating loss, and the fear of losing the second baby was paralyzing. But despite a complicated, high-risk pregnancy, my baby proved at every turn how strong he was, and my beautiful, amazing son Nathaniel was born in January. :)

Because of some complications and my love of food :) I gained a whopping 95 pounds while pregnant, 10 lbs in the last week alone! I was 133 lbs on the day of my embryo transfer, and about 228 the day before I went into labor. In the 12 weeks since my son's birth I've lost nearly 55 lbs (no doubt a good bit of what I gained and quickly lost was fluid/water weight), and today (and for the last week) my scale reads 175.7 lbs. I think I may set an initial goal of getting back down to 145-150, where I felt really good and fit comfortably in a size 8. My ultimate goal would be to get down to and be maintaining in the 135-140 range by a year PP. I have an awesome pair of size 6 jeans I'd love to wear again next winter. :D

I'm currently nursing exclusively, and eating a really odd diet (the Dr. Sears complete elimination diet, due to food allergies/intollerances that are causing some issues for my son), so I'm not planning to get back to calorie counting for a while yet. The elimination diet is pretty good for weight loss though - it's really hard to overeat or eat poorly when you can only consume 8 foods. :) The biggest change I'm hoping to make soon is scheduling some time to get some exercise in; I wasn't allowed to exercise through most of my pregnancy, so I am REALLY out of shape! I missed it so much, and I look forward to the day when I can call myself a runner again. I think getting back into the exercise will be good for both weight loss and my sanity... I just have to figure out how to make it happen with an infant. :dizzy:

Anyway, just thought I'd update and say hello. I look forward to being around more again; this place was so instrumental to my weight loss the first time around, and it feels good to be coming back. :)

Mozzy
04-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Congrats on your son!
Take it one day at a time, good luck!

sacha
04-21-2013, 07:41 AM
Oh congrats chickadee! I'm so happy to hear about your happy birth :) My son (now 5.5 months) was also a twin which we lost early at 10 weeks, I'm sorry for your loss.

Welcome!! :) And congrats on exclusively nursing. I'm exclusivly nursing this one (#2) and it has helped my weight loss a lot (compared to #1 who was formula). Enjoy your 8 foods and hey why not use it to your advantage??? Less choices means less calories, LOL

sacha
04-21-2013, 07:42 AM
I love your goals too, very reasonable and realistic. Women put so much pressure on themselves, it's nice to see. Nursing and enjoying your new baby (if I recall, a very much wanted baby with a long difficult TTC correct?) is soooo important. We can't forget our health, but it's so important to focus on the big picture!!

foreverfaye
04-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Congratulations on the baby!!

briters89
05-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Congrats on your baby! I think you can get down to that weight! It definitely sounds reasonable. I'm 15 weeks pregnant with our first, and plan on nursing/pumping up until 6 months-1 year. So far I have actually lost about 10 pounds. I was trying to lose weight, and then we found out I was pregnant. :)