Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Nursing 2 year old, working full time and pregnant again, but don't want to gain!

Ok, so after FINALLY losing 5 pounds due to a very bad upper respiratory infection which made me not want to eat that much....I found out I was pregnant again!

Of course I am so happy because a baby is a blessing no matter what, but I had gained up to 210 after losing down to 189 and I was SO HAPPY to see the scale finally budging.

So i plan to self wean my ds2 and I am excited about this pregnancy but I am at a loss of what to do to not gain weight.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #2  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Well, whatever you do don't do what I did (ate as much as wanted, including junk like McDonald's and soda). Maybe try to eat less processed "clean" foods?
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:10 AM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Discuss your concerns with your dr. Your dr may surprise you and tell you not to gain or to gain minimally. (My last pregnancy I was told not to gain weight because I had a high start weight.)
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:25 AM   #4  
L J

S/C/G: 159/138/135 (HW 200)

Height: 5'4"

Have you ever heard of the Brewer Diet for pregnancy? It was developed (decades ago, so not a fad, really) for low income women who were at higher risk for gestational diabetes. There is a lot of great science behind it. I believe for a time it was referred to as the Blue Ribbon Baby Diet.

I followed it loosely my first two pregnancies, following the protein guidelines but also eating way too much junk, then more seriously with my youngest (who is 20m and still nursing). She was only 7lbs 13oz, and I gained 30lbs with her, exactly like I did the first two, but instead of it taking me two years to take it off like before, in just two months I was within 5lbs of pre pregnancy without doing anything remotely resembling dieting.

I honestly believe, from my own experience, that the better we eat during pregnancy, the easier that weight comes off.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!
L J is offline   Reply With Quote