Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss - Arm Flab

View Full Version : Arm Flab

AnnRue
04-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Well... I have some issues with my arms... it isn't that they are so bad.. but they are a problem. The thing is... I stopped actively dieting last August and thought they would settle into place.. but unless I am crazy, it is as if the fat that was in the shoulder / upper part has drifted down to the middle of the arm. Making almost all medium size shirts not fit well. Like the arms are a size large.

Has anyone been able to cure their arm flab by lifting weights? And if so... what did you do. I have been using the machines at the gym -- on a less than perfect basis.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-14-2013, 12:40 PM
AnnRue... I have just been using those Bungee type elastic cords and doing stretches.... Behind my head and up/ Punches/ Pull aparts / Pull downs / etc and I have lost 2 1/2 inches on my upper arms and the looseness is firming up alittle too. I had terrible upper arm overhand on my elbow and it is slowly retreating.... But someone might have better results with weights. I wish you the results you want!

AnnRue
04-14-2013, 05:33 PM
AnnRue... I have just been using those Bungee type elastic cords and doing stretches.... Behind my head and up/ Punches/ Pull aparts / Pull downs / etc and I have lost 2 1/2 inches on my

Where do you get those? Any clue?
Tx.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-14-2013, 05:57 PM
I got mine at Walmart in the sporting goods section,.... They come in a box and are 2 different lengths... I am still using the yellow one which is longer... thus not as much tension... But there is also a blue one and they have handles to hang onto which slides :)

joefla70
04-14-2013, 06:04 PM
AnnRue... I have just been using those Bungee type elastic cords and doing stretches....

LOL... when I started reading that you were using bungee cords... and before I finished reading the sentence... I immediately had a mental picture of you solving your arm flab problem by wrapping the bungee cords around your arms to keep the arm flap from hanging! ;)

AnnRue
04-27-2013, 01:23 PM
LOL... when I started reading that you were using bungee cords... and before I finished reading the sentence... I immediately had a mental picture of you solving your arm flab problem by wrapping the bungee cords around your arms to keep the arm flap from hanging! ;)

If that would work... :)

BTW I did get them and I am amazed how much my arms are burning. Goes to show you that those weight machines at the gym are not necessarily helpful. Also.. I have trouble getting on the machines but... this I can do easily in like 15 minutes per day.

Tx.

Lolo70
04-27-2013, 02:54 PM
I do Jillian Michaels. I have done her 30-day shred, the 90-day body revolution and the No More Trouble Zones programs. It helps build muscle and reduces circumference by burning fat. NMTZ is 50 min, the other programs are under 30-min. You tend to see results quickly. Lifting heavy weights is another option. You may always have some loose skin left, but it looks a lot better when toned