Old 04-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

Default What am I? What are my options?

Due to various reactions with foods I have become what I call "pretty much vegetarian". I can't eat red meat, can't eat eggs, I won't eat white meat cause I am sooo sooo tired of it that I'm just turned off of it. So I eat seafood. sometimes but not often ( maybe like three times a year). But doesn't sound toooo bad so far right? Well I also can't eat gluten. A lotttt of vegetarian foods are laden with gluten. So what can I eat? I seem to be able to eat soy but a lot of the faux-meats are made with gluten. Basically I'm bored and need some gf ideas that don't include meat or eggs so here I am in the vegetarian section :P Also anyone have any name for what I am? Pescatarian? Lacto-Vegetarian?
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I'd say pescetarian. I'm not an expert on gluten, so you'll have to double-check these options, but I eat a lot of hummus (pretty sure you can get gluten-free pitas), nuts, nut butters, beans, peas, cheese, grains other than wheat (love quinoa), veggies, and fruits. I eat chicken or bacon about 3x a week. There are tons of healthy, high-protein and high-fat options that will keep you full, so you needn't feel too restricted.

Last edited by stella1609; 04-14-2013 at 05:55 PM.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

I would also look at vegan or raw food recipes as most of them try to avoid gluten or at least give you an idea of what to substitute for gluten.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #4  

Ive never looked into raw food. Ill give that a look
Old 04-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

I know the term "raw food" puts people off, but it's really easy and healthy to prepare.

For example, one of my favorite "raw" lunches is collard green wraps. I take fresh collard greens, slice the thick stem so it's thin, and fill it with a mix of veggies, avocado and walnut "taco" meat (basically walnut and taco spices blended) and roll it up (stick a toothpick in it to hold).

I then make an easy cashew "cheeze" sauce which is cashews, nutritional yeast, water and lemon (tahini optional) and dip the collard green wraps into that.

Sounds really fancy but it's very easy, not many ingredients and very filling! I only need 2 wraps to be full for at least 3 hours.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #6  

I'm from Newfoundland I have no idea what collard greens are XD. We are a very meat and potato people. or fish and poutine :P

Last edited by CherryQuinn; 04-14-2013 at 04:02 PM.