Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Default Depession, Panic attacks, Anxiety, PTSD, yep that's me

Hi all I have been away for awhile but I am back now. I have been going to therapy started three weeks ago, I have been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, PTSD and panic attacks, it's very hard. I am just wondering will it get better? I feel so alone sometimes.
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #2  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Smile

Hi Tracy-

I hope that this post finds you doing better. I have issues with anxiety too, and I have Bipolar, it was originally diagnosed as Clinical Depression with Psychotic Features. Depression is very scary I find but I think it is important to take care of one's self.

I don't have PTSD but my ex-boyfriend has it and it was upsetting for him. I have known of others who have had it too and it is very scary. How is the therapy going? I am in therapy too, and I have a great therapist, she is very helpful.

Take care.

Last edited by seabiscuit; 04-14-2013 at 02:13 PM.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #3  
on a journey

I have anxiety really bad so I feel for you. My meds help me get through, plus I see a therapist. She teaches me skills that I can use to calm myself down and not let my thoughts snowball out of control.

I am far from cured. I hope you can find some peace.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Sometimes it gets better and sometimes it just changes into something more manageable. I had severe depression for 10 years but havnt had an episode in 3 years now. In that time, however my anxiety has gotten worse then better then worse...I am having a particularly bad night for anxiety. Just know that you are not alone and it will not always be so hard. Therapy comes in many shapes and sizes so I hope what you're doing works for you. For me I did a combination of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Dialectical Behaviour therapy. I have recently stopped seeing my therapist regularly because we felt we had nothing new to say to each other and I feel ready for that step but have been toying with the idea of trying Gestalt. It is a hard path but you will have moments of joy again.

I'm sorry for this long ramble. I really just wanted to say I'm sorry you're hurting and I hear you.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175.6/173/135 & Fit

Height: 5ft8

Yes it gets better. I have bipolar I, avoidant personality disorder, and separation anxiety disorder. I have finally found the right medications and I am finally in therapy. The meds make me feel normal and the therapy is helping me fix my issues day by day. IT DOES GET BETTER. I am living proof of that. Good luck with everything!

Last edited by wolfgirl69; 04-24-2013 at 11:51 PM.
wolfgirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #6  
Warrior Princess

It does get better but in my case meds were 100% necessary, I couldn't do it on my own...I really tried. Also, cardio helps A LOT. The meds helped but once I started jogging the panic disorder vanished after a few weeks. I still get a little nervousness from time to time but nothing like what was going on in the past.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #7  

The recovery from depression through therapy can be gradual. Foot massage therapy and reflexology can lessen the intensity of the depression to a great extent. Erin Mills Health Clinic in Mississauga is one of the hottest clinics to offer best quality therapy techniques.
cindamyricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #8  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Sorry to enter the party late, but I just read the posts and had to add my 2 cents for what its worth.
I have more mental DXs than one women should legally have.
PTSD, BPD, avoidance personality, social phobia, panic and anxiety attacks and major depression.
My major one for me is toxic shame real bad. I simply feel I dont deserve to be living on the planet. With all of the above DXs its hard for me to function in the world.
I had an narcissistic and alcoholic mother, tremendous amount of emotional and physical abuse. I am on no meds nor do I see a therapist now. No one will help with no insurance.
I am 58 and work as a CNA in a nursing home on the 10pm to 6am shift. I work with a nurse that i cant understand. One day I am a good worker, the next she wants to fire me. all my DXs pop almost nightly as to what kind of mood she will be in. I have talked to the DNS and she has no answer for me. Big help there.
I eat for comfort, mostly finger foods like my favorite nilla wafers. Most of the time I am so tired with work I dont want to go for a walk, my job is very physical anyway. I am tired all the time, sleep dont sleep.
I wish I had an easy answer for you, except do what feels right, and brings some joy to your life., whether its reading, playing words with friends, listening to music, walking. Learn to laugh even if you have to rent stupid movies or go get a dumb joke book form the library. Most of all learn to love yourself, which I know is very difficult to do. Give your self a break and be patient with yourself. Keep reaching out to others for support and help.
Maybe you could join a support group of some kind. I am very involved in my Church and attend Celebrate Recovery, there my healing begins.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190 / 170 / 145

Height: 5' 8''

I have been diagnosed with anxiety disorder as well as clinical depression. I found that getting therapy did help me a lot. I took rx's for a bit but I decided they are not for me and I just try to deal with it on my own with therapy. I haven't had an episode of any sort for a few months now and when they happen it's few and far in between since therapy. So yes, it does get better! You just need to find out what works best for you.

Eating healthy and exercising makes me feel better because I know I'm doing something positive for myself.

There are several forums online where you can get support also. I don't use them as much anymore but they used to be a great tool for me.

If the option of counseling or therapy is open for you to do regularly, that can definitely help. I would continue to go if I had insurance but I seem to be doing pretty well now. I have times where I feel like my heart is going to burst from my chest but it's not common now, and all in all life is pretty good :]

Take care & best of luck
Ahri is offline   Reply With Quote