General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Default bra vs freedom @ large sizes

when i was a 32b (god was that really less than 3 years ago?), i went braless nearly all the time... until i accidentally wore a too-thin shirt, and one of my boyfriend-at-the-time's friend said point blank, "dude, i can see your girlfriend's nipples!"

but now, at 38dd, i wish to go braless again. i never realized how uncomfortable it is to have big boobs! underwire, support straps, strapless bras impossibly tight at the bottom yet loose at the top... but i can't D< i don't wanna look all saggy in public.

i wish women could go shirt-and-braless if they wanted, men can, and what's the big deal? they're really just lumps of fat with nipples! and who cares about the nipples (like with pasties)? guys have them too and they can go shirtless!

so... at your size, would you rather be wearing a bra, or going braless?
and, if it was allowed, would you go bare from the waist up in the summer?

EDIT
for everyone who has been helping me figure out bra sizing and where to get good bras for larger sizes:

hey everyone

i went to lane bryant, and found out i fit into 38DDD's and 40DD's. i chose the 40DD because the band was not as tight. AND i got a great deal on it! usually the bras would have been $45 each, but there was a sale going on AND we opened the free credit card from them (hello cute dresses that are actually IN MY SIZE) and we ended up paying only $35 for TWO bras! can you say JACKPOT!?

Last edited by Alyssa Autopsy; 04-14-2013 at 11:01 PM. Reason: update
Alyssa Autopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'6"

I would not go topless. When my boobs are not in their functional state (nursing), I like them to be viewed sexually. I think women running around topless takes away from that. Just my opinion...
Crystalx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #3  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

I used to go braless frequently when I was younger. I even spent a few summers going to a festival at a clothing optional campground. My boobs were never small - 36DD most of my adult life - but they were very nice and perky.

But all those years of going braless plus weight loss/gain plus age plus gravity have really taken a toll on the girls. Now they hurt if I don't have a bra on...just too much sag, I guess.

Going braless was wonderful but if I could I'd tell my younger self not to do it. The Cooper's ligaments (they anatomy thingy that support the breasts) can only do so much. Bras are important.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalx5 View Post
I would not go topless. When my boobs are not in their functional state (nursing), I like them to be viewed sexually. I think women running around topless takes away from that. Just my opinion...
yeah i understand
i guess i just personally never viewed breasts as sexual objects
i see them as lumps of fat that exist to feed your children
i do understand that people like it and all, ive just never cared much
in fact, out of all the girls i've ever dated, i've never dated one above a b-cup.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #5  
L J

S/C/G: 159/138/135 (HW 200)

Height: 5'4"

I am a nursing mom, and I have spent a total of 57 months and counting of my life nursing, so my boobs sure aren't perky like they used to be. I'm a 34C, and I do go bra less a lot, but it's usually with a hoodie on because I don't think the outline of my breasts under a t shirt is an attractive look. I do feel lucky that I am small enough to get away with bra less under some things. I wouldn't go topless, I just like clothes. I don't even like to be naked at home.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #6  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

I go bra-less a LOT, and I wear a 34 D. I don't care in the least if my breasts are not 'perky' - it's comfortable, I love it, end of story. I would totally go topless all the time if it was legal, and I've been topless at lots of beaches/events like World Naked Bike Ride.
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:30 AM   #7  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I'm not a shy gal about my body, but I just can't go braless. If I'm working at home - even if just reading I have to put a bra on before I can be productive.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

I am pretty flat and have gotten even more so as I have lost weight. Other then work, you will never catch me in a bra. I hate the frigging things!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I can't go bra-less. I am a 34C and a mom of two, so as soon as I get up I put a bra on. They bother me otherwise
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #10  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Gravity has been unkind to me early in life, and I feel like if I am not wearing a bra, my boobs are sitting on my lap. It's not comfortable at all. Sometimes, I even catch a boob in my armpit... oh god, does that hurt. I would love to be able to go bra-less comfortably though. Topless. Nope, not going to happen. I barely like to be naked at home. Naked is for showering, sleeping and sexy-time
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #11  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

I can't do braless. Like AlmostMe said - I have to have a bra on to do anything/feel productive. I sleep without one, and I'll lounge around the house in the morning on the weekends without one, but after that, I have to have some kind of bra on or I feel "blah." They're just... so in the way when I move, and I don't like the feel of them moving around so much. And the girls move A LOT.

I'm a 38 DDD, and the girls have never been super perky. I don't know if a lot of perkiness is even possible at this size without some surgery or awesome genetics, but there might be some women my size that could go braless. I, however, have never been in public as a teenager/adult without a bra on, except when I have worn VERY fitted dresses (like prom/bridesmaid) that hold them up. I keep the girls hiked up and mashed down.

I do have this super cute halter dress that I adore that I have considered going braless in due to the fact that the height of my strapless bra on the back makes me have to pin the dress, which ruins it's shape. I'm terrified of trying it, however. I guess I'm no bra burner.

ETA: I'm super fascinated with the thought of going to a topless beach, however. I think I would totally do it, if I didn't burn up in a blaze of blushes first.

Last edited by Song of Surly; 04-09-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Song of Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 272/192/140

Height: 5'7"

I am 58 and size 40D. My bewbs look like two tube socks with rocks in the bottom.
thinin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

I'm torn. I like wearing a bra and I also like being braless. I never wear a bra at home, as a matter of fact the only reason I'll wear more than just my underwear is because we don't live alone anymore. As soon as we have our own place again, I'll just be parading around in a tank top (Maybe) and underwear.

I don't really go out without a bra on mostly because I have a nipple pierced and I don't care to show that to everyone. If I go out without one, I'm wearing a heavy coat and won't be taking it off or an oversized hoodie. I do attend some fetishy events and I will wear the thinnest t-shirt I own and go braless for the Saturday night stuff. I'm only comfortable with that because it's a very all body types friendly crowd and there are women larger than me wearing less.

I had the chance to go topless at a beach and I chickened out. I'd still like to find the courage to do it one day.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daki View Post
I'm torn. I like wearing a bra and I also like being braless. I never wear a bra at home, as a matter of fact the only reason I'll wear more than just my underwear is because we don't live alone anymore. As soon as we have our own place again, I'll just be parading around in a tank top (Maybe) and underwear.

I don't really go out without a bra on mostly because I have a nipple pierced and I don't care to show that to everyone. If I go out without one, I'm wearing a heavy coat and won't be taking it off or an oversized hoodie. I do attend some fetishy events and I will wear the thinnest t-shirt I own and go braless for the Saturday night stuff. I'm only comfortable with that because it's a very all body types friendly crowd and there are women larger than me wearing less.

I had the chance to go topless at a beach and I chickened out. I'd still like to find the courage to do it one day.
i've never been able to go to a fetish show, though i was a member in a bondage dungeon for a while. unfortunately, they were donation-run and not enough people were donating, so they couldn't stay open. i'd love to see some big girls in lingerie *-* or sexy corsets and stuff... i watched Fat & Proud on youtube, and some of those girls were size 30's and STILL hot! i've always liked big girls, which is why i'm not that concerned about the physical aspects of weightloss (though i would like a smaller belly, i don't mind the rest of my body) it's more for the medical reasons... like my high blood pressure.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Autopsy View Post
i've never been able to go to a fetish show, though i was a member in a bondage dungeon for a while. unfortunately, they were donation-run and not enough people were donating, so they couldn't stay open. i'd love to see some big girls in lingerie *-* or sexy corsets and stuff... i watched Fat & Proud on youtube, and some of those girls were size 30's and STILL hot! i've always liked big girls, which is why i'm not that concerned about the physical aspects of weightloss (though i would like a smaller belly, i don't mind the rest of my body) it's more for the medical reasons... like my high blood pressure.
Well, the ones I go to aren't REALLY fetish branded events but that's who typically shows up to them. The guy who runs them says "we're not a sex convention, just a convention with a lot of sex." Actually, I'm going to PM you since I see you are in NJ.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote