Old 04-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #1  
Started IP 11/28/12

Default Letters from My Inner Skinny Chick

Okay, so I started writing these letters (my Inner Skinny Chick started writing these letters to me) that really portray a very vulnerable side of weight loss - at least for me.

I wanted to share in case it can really help somebody:

Sweetheart - I know your past. I know how you have yo-yo-dieted for over 15 years. I know that any time you cheat it's a recipe for failure.

I know a cheat sends you spiraling off course until you are no longer on your program, depressed, miserable, and feeling like a failure.

I know that every time you cheat you rob yourself of the beauty that life has to offer and the beauty that you have to offer the world. Your "walls" go up every time you cheat and you feel like a failure.

I know that food can be a drug for you - a drug that is addicting and damaging to your body and your mind. Your struggle is to create a balance so that you can eat foods that nourish and cleanse your body and mind rather than destroy it.

I also know that you are strong and that you have the ability to reach your goals and shine. I know that you will be happier when you have accomplished your goals and your inner beauty will radiate as your outer beauty comes into alignment.

I know that it's not about the food. It's about resolving what's in your mind, your past, and what surfaces with your emotions. It's about staying calm and letting those issues surface without bolting towards food to mask the pain - the issue.

I know that if you stay on this course of losing weight, getting healthy, and maintaining that weight that you will feel more empowered than ever before.

We're getting stronger and overcoming the inner chubby chick. I know you can do this! You have to know it for yourself.

Love,
Your Inner Skinny Chick

http://www.lamberjules.com/category/...-skinny-chick/
amberjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Default Wow

Your Inner Skinny Chick sounds like a really smart gal and she really wants what is best for you! I love that you shared this! Thank you. You will succeed because you want it THAT bad. Sometimes our failures make us stronger and really it is not that we have failed but that we haven't quit trying!
DJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #3  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ72 View Post
Your Inner Skinny Chick sounds like a really smart gal and she really wants what is best for you! I love that you shared this! Thank you. You will succeed because you want it THAT bad. Sometimes our failures make us stronger and really it is not that we have failed but that we haven't quit trying!
I think that's the problem is that I always looked at it is failures and that's how I address it with myself. It's very self deprecating and hurtful.

Through my Inner Skinny Chick, I feel like I've found my voice. At least the one that I need to listen to.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/188/163

Height: 5'5"

I love this! So important how we talk to ourselves while going thru the process...
claygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #5  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by claygirl View Post
I love this! So important how we talk to ourselves while going thru the process...
Oh yes, it makes such a difference when we can accept and love, rather than tear down and be hurtful - even to ourselves. We can be our own worst enemy.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

omg, it's as if i had written that. thank you so much, i really needed this and you helped me tremendously with this
it was a difficult day for me today and negative thoughts were starting to get the best of me but after reading this they're gone and i've been thinking a lot about the exact same things you wrote.
this must be a sign!!!
thank you and great job on your WL.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for posting this.

Its very true to my life also and gave me goosebumps to read it. Why is it that we are always the meanest to ourselves?

This really gives me an interesting perspective to reframe my thoughts.

Thank you again for posting your very personal thoughts to help others.
onmyway1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:06 AM   #8  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
Thanks for posting this.

Its very true to my life also and gave me goosebumps to read it. Why is it that we are always the meanest to ourselves?

This really gives me an interesting perspective to reframe my thoughts.

Thank you again for posting your very personal thoughts to help others.
I wonder this myself. I think because there's always this expectation that we "should" be a certain way and in American society, fat is ugly, and skinny is pretty. No matter how much we try to change that perception as long as we believe it, it wins.

So glad this could help you reframe your thoughts.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 303/212.6/180

Height: 5"10

Thank you! Seriously I got emotional reading this. I am so glad you posted this, it could not have come at a better time. Truely inspiring.
ckmainprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #10  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Beautiful! I appreciate your courage to post your inner thoughts. The weight loss journey has such an emotional component and must be addressed. I too am dialoguing with myself about my weight gain and the self loathing (negative talk) I put myself through at 200 lbs for the past 5 years.

If I don't deal with the emotional part of this, I will regain. No question in my mind. Thanks for the inspiration you have shared.
workingit50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Okay, so I started writing these letters (my Inner Skinny Chick started writing these letters to me) that really portray a very vulnerable side of weight loss - at least for me.

I wanted to share in case it can really help somebody:

Sweetheart - I know your past. I know how you have yo-yo-dieted for over 15 years. I know that any time you cheat it's a recipe for failure.

I know a cheat sends you spiraling off course until you are no longer on your program, depressed, miserable, and feeling like a failure.

I know that every time you cheat you rob yourself of the beauty that life has to offer and the beauty that you have to offer the world. Your "walls" go up every time you cheat and you feel like a failure.

I know that food can be a drug for you - a drug that is addicting and damaging to your body and your mind. Your struggle is to create a balance so that you can eat foods that nourish and cleanse your body and mind rather than destroy it.

I also know that you are strong and that you have the ability to reach your goals and shine. I know that you will be happier when you have accomplished your goals and your inner beauty will radiate as your outer beauty comes into alignment.

I know that it's not about the food. It's about resolving what's in your mind, your past, and what surfaces with your emotions. It's about staying calm and letting those issues surface without bolting towards food to mask the pain - the issue.

I know that if you stay on this course of losing weight, getting healthy, and maintaining that weight that you will feel more empowered than ever before.

We're getting stronger and overcoming the inner chubby chick. I know you can do this! You have to know it for yourself.

Love,
Your Inner Skinny Chick

Love it, perfect, thank you!
qballmhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #12  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmainprize View Post
Thank you! Seriously I got emotional reading this. I am so glad you posted this, it could not have come at a better time. Truely inspiring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingit50 View Post
Beautiful! I appreciate your courage to post your inner thoughts. The weight loss journey has such an emotional component and must be addressed. I too am dialoguing with myself about my weight gain and the self loathing (negative talk) I put myself through at 200 lbs for the past 5 years.

If I don't deal with the emotional part of this, I will regain. No question in my mind. Thanks for the inspiration you have shared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qballmhh View Post
Love it, perfect, thank you!
I'm overwhelmed by the letters from you all who this has really effected. So many of you have sent me emails and posted on here that this came at such a great time. I'm completely thankful that My Inner Skinny Chick is helping not just me, but others.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #13  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Reading this, I think it should be posted on every ice cream cover....(or chocolate or chips, whatever your drug of choice is)...in the house. I am starting to get compliments at work and my inner fat chick wants to tell them to shut up...how crazy is that...
newday2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #14  
Started IP 11/28/12

This weeks Letter from My Inner Skinny Chick:

Sweetheart - I want you to remember that the process of losing weight is a journey. The journey will allow you to heal and overcome the issues that you didn't deal with in the past.

You didn't become over weight because you love food. You became over weight because you used food to numb your feelings - your emotions. Food just happens to be your weapon of choice - a numbing agent like that of somebody who uses drugs, alcohol, or sex to hide from their feelings.

I want you to know that I love you and I want to see you healthy - physically and emotionally. We're in this together. I'm here to help guide you through this journey - to help you make better decisions for yourself.

Your journey is personal to you. Use this time wisely as you lose weight to discover yourself - take down the walls one brick at a time and slowly reveal the beautiful you who's been waiting to shine for so many years.

This is your time - your journey.

Anytime an emotion, fear, or past failures bubble to the surface - stop - rest in that emotion. Feel that emotion and allow yourself to be vulnerable. Sit with this feeling and let it come over you - feeling the color of the emotion and it's purpose in your life.

Feel instead of bolting to the kitchen for food - your numbing injection.

Love,
Your Inner Skinny Chick

Old 04-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #15  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
Reading this, I think it should be posted on every ice cream cover....(or chocolate or chips, whatever your drug of choice is)...in the house. I am starting to get compliments at work and my inner fat chick wants to tell them to shut up...how crazy is that...
HA! I love that you're getting compliments at work! I know it feels very vulnerable doesn't it?

My inner chubby chick told me about a month ago that my skin looked much better when it was filled with fat rather than the stretched out sagginess it's starting to become. I just wanted to slap her!