Announcements and Forum Help! - Why Can't I Search?

View Full Version : Why Can't I Search?

OK Lizzy
04-08-2013, 11:59 AM
I've noticed that I'm no longer able to do "searches" on the 3FC site. For example, if I see that someone has lost a bunch of weight, and I want to read other posts by her, I can no longer "click" on that username and find other posts. I also am not able to use the "search" button for this. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Suzanne 3FC
04-08-2013, 12:12 PM
When you say you are no longer able to click to find other posts by a user, what happens when you try? Does the link appear in the menu by their username? I tried with yours and I was able to click it and see your posts. Hopefully it was just a temporary snafu, but please let us know what is happening :)

Btw, there have been some intermittent problems with the search feature that tech has been working on. It could be related.

OK Lizzy
04-08-2013, 01:10 PM
No, all that happens is a "drop down box" appears -- with nothing on it! This has been occurring on MY end for several months. but since I was OFF your site for a while -- I thought that "search" was deactivated for some reason. I searched the Forum Help thread and never saw anyone else mention this, however. I really enjoy searching for past posts -- and getting encouragement!

Suzanne 3FC
04-09-2013, 01:27 PM
I haven't heard of anything like that, I'm sorry. It sounds like a browser error. What browser and version do you use?

In the meantime, you can search for posts by a specific user from the search page at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/search.php Enter their username in that field, then scroll down and select 'posts' instead of threads before searching. Hopefully that will help :)