Exercise! - What exercises do you do??

View Full Version : What exercises do you do??

weluvkbug
04-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi all. I'm new to the site, reading everyones stories is so motivating! I have been walking as really my only form of exercise, cut out sodas and calorie-counting and have lost 10 pounds in the last 6 weeks. I walk about 4 miles 5 days a week. I was wondering if I you all think this is sufficient and at what point should I switch to something that will build muscle? What kind of exercises do you all do? I'm kind of at a loss at what I should be doing.

lilybug02
04-05-2013, 12:50 PM
I do callanetics every day. I'm kind of obsessed. It's making a big change to my body.

Munchy
04-05-2013, 01:10 PM
I start with a ten minute jog, some stretching with the ball, weight lift, then end with a ten minute walk on the treadmill's highest grade and about five minutes of a "cool down" - it seems to help with my butt lifting. :dizzy:

Sum38
04-05-2013, 01:13 PM
3 x week weight lifting
5-6 x week walking (5miles at a time)

LockItUp
04-05-2013, 01:13 PM
I do all kinds of stuff. I get bored if I don't mix it up.

I lift weights 3 times per week, but I do something a little different every time, but almost always full body.

I just started doing yoga, gently yoga, twice a week.

I try and get an outside run in a time or two a week.

In my opinion adding some sort of resistance training is extremely beneficial in general. Never too early to add that in!

AlmostMe
04-06-2013, 11:15 AM
At the grand old age of 42 I took up rugby. I was very unfit. So, I had to start jogging. I do Bikram yoga (about once a week). Since I hurt my foot (rugby, not running), I had to quit jogging and I've started doing spin. I will start running again soon, I want to run a 10K in mid July. I work with a personal trainer once a week. Of course, rugby training and playing. I've recently started doing a boxing class (boxing for exercise, not really boxing). I've also tried to just generally be more active and move around more. Occasionally I swim or do aqua classes. I walk some...but haven't been much this past month (my bad foot). The more I move the more I want to move. I can't do the same thing every day.

I do not do much formal resistance training right now. But rugby and yoga are both strength building. When rugby season ends I will begin formal strength training for next season. I imagine my trainer will have me doing more plyometric work than straight lifting - since I need strength in movement.