Old 04-05-2013, 07:23 AM   #1  

Talking Re-starting Saturday

Hi all. I am re-starting MRC this Saturday. I have lost very well on this plan in the past but I am a stress eater and fell off the wagon. I love the girls at my center. No matter what they are there for me, especially Kasey. I always leave my center charged up and ready to go! Looking forward to re-connecting with this community.
Skrytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #2  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! Glad you are re-starting the program. I used to be a stress eater as well. I found that when I want to "blow it," I come here and read posts and respond to some of them and then I forget what it was I thought I needed to eat. Hope you find something like that so it will work for you.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:50 AM   #3  

Thanks for the warm welcome Firegirl, sounds like good advise and I'll take all I can get!

Last edited by Skrytus; 04-06-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #4  
Doing it the healthy way!

S/C/G: 264/ticker/155

Height: 5'9'

Skrytus.....I am in the same boat as you. I restarted just this week as well. Had good success in the past .....and hoping for the same again!!! We can do this!
kimmermarie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmermarie19 View Post
Skrytus.....I am in the same boat as you. I restarted just this week as well. Had good success in the past .....and hoping for the same again!!! We can do this!
Well, we can encourage each other along the way. I have been picturing myself in a dress I have in my closet and I keep reminding myself that this is absolutely worth it!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #6  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

When you say you are re-starting are you going thru it from the beginning like with the pre-conditioning?
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
When you say you are re-starting are you going thru it from the beginning like with the pre-conditioning?
Well, I started the pre conditioning and only did a couple of days and have jumped into the regular beige menu. The supplements keep me form getting too hungry and they help my blood sugar stay level. Plus I really like the structure of the program. It seems I don't do well with too many choices. I did very well on this plan in the past but a years worth of high stress from school and my daughters divorce has sent me back to square one. I blame myself, I am a stress eater and should have reigned myself in sooner. But, better now than never.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #8  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrytus View Post
Well, I started the pre conditioning and only did a couple of days and have jumped into the regular beige menu. The supplements keep me form getting too hungry and they help my blood sugar stay level. Plus I really like the structure of the program. It seems I don't do well with too many choices. I did very well on this plan in the past but a years worth of high stress from school and my daughters divorce has sent me back to square one. I blame myself, I am a stress eater and should have reigned myself in sooner. But, better now than never.
I totally understand where you are coming from, I've been on maintenance since jan 4th, 2013 and counting calories is kinda hard for me, I seem to want to eat all the time at night, I've gained 5 lbs since easter but lost 1.5 lbs this morning, so i'm getting back on track.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #9  

I have just restarted the program today. I've had terrific success in the past. Due to an accident last October (I fell down a flight of stairs, fractured my right lower leg and shattered my left femur) which required a month long hospitalization and three more months of rehab, my weight is now out of control again (boooooo). I'm not fully recovered, will need another surgery later this spring or early summer depending on the healing state of the fractures, but remembered that exercise was not a part of my plan. Because mobility is still pretty tricky for me and due to being out of work, finances do not allow me to join right now, I'm doing it on my own. I ordered my HNS from diet direct (as I did in the past even when at the center), they are here and I've begun day 1. This forum was such a help to me last time, I'm happy to be back. I'm going to be keeping track of loss in 10 pound increments, the whole amount is too overwhelming for me .
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #10  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
I have just restarted the program today. I've had terrific success in the past. Due to an accident last October (I fell down a flight of stairs, fractured my right lower leg and shattered my left femur) which required a month long hospitalization and three more months of rehab, my weight is now out of control again (boooooo). I'm not fully recovered, will need another surgery later this spring or early summer depending on the healing state of the fractures, but remembered that exercise was not a part of my plan. Because mobility is still pretty tricky for me and due to being out of work, finances do not allow me to join right now, I'm doing it on my own. I ordered my HNS from diet direct (as I did in the past even when at the center), they are here and I've begun day 1. This forum was such a help to me last time, I'm happy to be back. I'm going to be keeping track of loss in 10 pound increments, the whole amount is too overwhelming for me .
Welcome back, and good for you for taking control again. diet direct is a good site, I buy a lot of products from them. sorry to hear about your accident but you seem to be back and focused, these forums are great support.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
I totally understand where you are coming from, I've been on maintenance since jan 4th, 2013 and counting calories is kinda hard for me, I seem to want to eat all the time at night, I've gained 5 lbs since easter but lost 1.5 lbs this morning, so i'm getting back on track.
So glad you are back on track. It is very easy to get off and not know what happened 6 months later so......kudos for you. The other 3.5 will be back off before you know it
Old 04-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
That is a good way to look at it. Don't overwhelm yourself. Before you know it your first 10 will be off and doing that is really a great motivator. As the pounds come off you feel stronger and stronger. Hang in there. Overcoming this set back will make your success that much sweeter.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

Curious about diet direct, I just ordered some cocoa and cappucino from them, but got confused as to which products match what my center has? The price is about the same but they keep running out of things at the center and it is frustrating. I think I want to just buy the minimum HNS from them and order more online.

I really like the clear HNS that come in liquid form, do they have those? I got overwhelmed and confused at the site.
Monkeysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysocks View Post
Curious about diet direct, I just ordered some cocoa and cappucino from them, but got confused as to which products match what my center has? The price is about the same but they keep running out of things at the center and it is frustrating. I think I want to just buy the minimum HNS from them and order more online.

I really like the clear HNS that come in liquid form, do they have those? I got overwhelmed and confused at the site.
Just compare your protein, carbs and fat. I would still recommend purchasing as much as you can from your center. The girls there count on it for their commission and that is where we get our support and motivation.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

I do love the girls and want to support my center, but they run out of stuff all the time, and I spend a great deal of time out of town. Last time I was away for four days and couldn't get enough HNS to last the whole time from my center before I left. So I need a backup.

Someone said they don't get commission on HNS since it is required, just the other supplements. Don't know if that is true, but my costco multi and fish oil are running out and I plan to purchase their version. I just can't get caught short out of town without my tools, that is too scary and may lead to disaster.
Monkeysocks is offline   Reply With Quote