Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #1  

Default I Hate This

Hey,

I'm kind of new. I have had this account for almost six accounts. I just never posted anything. I've been up and down the weight loss bandwagon. I'm 22 and 300 lbs. Tonight I just feel like I can't do it. I will never be at a healthy weight. I will never not be obese. I've been fighting this for about six years and I find it hard to believe that I will ever get down to a normal weight. I don't want to be this way. I really don't. I just need help. I feel like no one in around me is really willing to help. To prevent from sounding like a broken record I'll stop here. I'm fed up and I feel like there is no way out. If anyone thinks they can help me, please reply.

-Ariel
violetlioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

You can do this. What plan are you using? You can't let that negative voice get to you !
JustB1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

You can't find a more supportive place. The only way you can fail is to quit trying.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:59 AM   #4  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
You can't find a more supportive place. The only way you can fail is to quit trying.
Yep! You can't fail if you don't give up. What do your meals consist of? How many calories are you consuming? How much/often do you exercise? Do you drink enough water? You don't have to change everything at once. Baby steps are what is really helping me. Drink a little more water each day. Exercise a little longer. Swap a less healthy item for a more healthy one. You don't have to rush! Take a look around the forums, there's a lot of awesome information! Wishing you the best in your journey.

Last edited by pixiefalls; 04-05-2013 at 02:00 AM.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

I used to feel that way! So much so that I sold a size XXL wetsuit for 1/4 of what it cost me because I thought I'd never be that small again. Well, here I am, 80 lbs down, and 2 sizes smaller then that stupid wetsuit! If I can do it, so can you!

I can't tell you what changed, all I can say is that you have to start putting your FUTURE first. What is more important? The decades ahead of you or having one more junk food meal? You just have to ask yourself that every time you think about eating anything. It's not all or nothing- it's about eating in moderation and it can take practice.

Luckily, you have plenty of time! You are still young! You will want to figure out how to live healthfully before time catches up with you and you start having obesity-related health problems.

Good luck! You can do it!!!
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:16 AM   #6  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Aw hon, you can totally do this. And, this board is one mega-active community of super-supportive people. You've come to THE right place!
It is possible. If it's possible for me, it's possible for you. You need to find something that works for you. I believe you can absolutely do this.*

A couple of questions to get you started:
Why do you want to lose weight?
What motivates you to maintain your current weight?
How did you get to your starting weight?

Feel free to share with us what you think a positive plan for you would be. We'll listen.

Last edited by belovedspirit; 04-05-2013 at 02:17 AM.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200+/168/130

Height: 5'2''

It`s too bad that you don`t feel like anyone in your real life is able to support you, but as others have said, there is a ton of support to be had here.

One of the best piece of advise I have ever heard is that time is going to pass either way, you can either work towards making yourself healthier or you can continue as you are, but either way time (and life) will go on.

Don`t worry about trying to make every change at once, just pick one thing to start with, make it a habit and then move on to another change. As time passes you`ll eventually find yourself in a whole new healthier lifestyle. You can do it!
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:58 AM   #8  
Michelle :D

S/C/G: 85/64.1/56

Height: 164cm

The little voice inside your head that is telling you you cant do this and you will never reach your goal is a liar! gag and bound that sucker in a corner of your mind to let the positve voice have her say!

Its seems impossible now - we have all been through that phase - but its not, sure its difficult and frustrating sometimes but its worth it! take one step at a time and you will reach your goal!
We will support and help you out!
Fortunate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:25 AM   #9  

I have so much riding on me losing weight right now.The reason why I want to lose weight is because I 'm an actress and me being overweight is really limiting me, it doesn't allow me to act up to my full potential. It drives me crazy. I want the energy. I want to have the fit and healthy life, because I want to be in my 60's or 70's and still be healthy and moving around. I also don't want my future children to have the same life I had. I want them to be able to have a healthy start on life, something I never had.

I've been on so many diets. Right now I'm trying to get up to %100 clean eating before I gave up. I wasn't sure what to do clean eating or paleo. Right now I'm really confuse. I just want to lose the most amount of weight by May 27th because that when I start my arts internship doing drama. I want to get as fit as possible by that time, because I know its going to be really physically draining. A lot of walking and A lot of performing. I don't want to be tired all of the time. I also don't want my weight to rule me out for any roles.

Thank you so much for the encouragement everyone. It really helps. It helps keep me focus. I wish there were people around me who could give positive encouragement for times like this. Thank you so much.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #10  
LRH

S/C/G: 152/132/127

Height: 5'5"

Ariel: It all begins with you. YOU have to believe in yourself and the success you are capable of. I think if you are an actress, you must have a certain amount of self-confidence that you can harness and use to your advantage in your weight-loss journey. I wish you well. Everyone here believes you can succeed.
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/135/135

Height: 5'6"

As others have said, remember that it's not "all or nothing." If you try to jump straight in and severely restrict your eating and go overboard on excercise, you will burn out and give up quickly.

Start with one or two small changes. Not "never eat sugar again," but something like "replace my evening snack with fruit this week" or "go for a 10 minute walk each day." Make sure it's something you can live with that doesn't make you miserable. It may not seem like much, but these small changes ARE more than you WERE doing and succeeding at them will give you confidence to make further changes when you're ready.

Another thing--you will mess up. I don't think anyone gets through this journey without some stumbles. When it happens, you have to dust yourself off, forgive yourself and get back on track. It's not the end unless you give up entirely.

MANY (if not most) of us here felt the way you do starting out. We felt like there was no possible way to get to where we wanted to be. Look how many of us were wrong about that. I'm not going to lie, it's hard. But it is SO SO SO worth it. You really, truly can do this. This is a great place to come for support and advice.

What small changes are you going to start with??
lisa818181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #12  

Welcome violetlioness!!!

I'm sorry to read your struggles but know you aren't alone. Weightloss is one of the hardest battles that some of us have to deal with.

I'm on a medically supervised diet and see a nutritionist/nurse/doctor every week to keep on plan/get weighed/check my vitals&bloodwork as required.

I tried every diet out there and kept losing 10 lbs, gaining 20lbs, or some other vicious circle like that.

I always thought medically supervised was so serious and strict. I mean it is, but it's not just for morbidly obese people (I was when I started though, just didn't know it...). The most important part of my diet is learning how to eat, what to eat, when to eat and also incorporating an exercise plan into my day (nothing major, it's more about getting something in each day like walking, biking, anything).

My diet is the best thing that ever happened to me. I don't eat off my plan ever (there is nothing that could taste better than the weight that I have lost) and just knowing I have to weigh in each Monday morning is enough to keep me motivated all week long. I'm not the largest person I see at my doctor's office and I will never be the smallest but there are so many who need the same help I did.

And don't let the bloodwork part scare you. It's only because the calories on the program are lower than a traditional diet so they keep track of everything (blood sugar, cholesterol, liver, etc.). You are young and I wish I took control of my weight when I was your age. I just never listened when people told me it was easier when you are young, I hope you believe me!!

Good luck. This forum is one of the best things in my life, the people here are awesome, inspiring, motivating, just the best of the best. I hope you love it as much as I do!! We are here for you.

Last edited by elvislover324; 04-05-2013 at 09:23 AM.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #13  
MaryGee

Ariel - you're not going to lose a ton of weight by May 27th - but you can be started on yor way by then. First you have to have a plan and get moving. Start with making healthy choices, three meals a day and a snack, and control your portion size. Start with that. You know what healthy food is - no fast food, no pizza or fried food, etc. Check out threads where people list their daily menus to get meal ideas. Be realistic in your expectations.

Good luck - and keep posting and reading here.
forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Hi! I am 24. I started at 240 so we did not start off too far from each other in age or weight! You can totally do this! I lost 80 pounds in less than a year! I did not "starve" myself. I just really honestly bucked down and busted my butt exercising. I still have some weight to lose but you know what I feel amazing! If I can do this, you totally can! I wish I did this when I was 22! That would have been 2 extra years I had in my twenties to enjoy and not worry about being overweight. Losing weight isn't as hard as people put it out to be. You just have to make good choices and stick with them. My doctor even gave me the "you can't do this" look and you know what I got a new doctor! Good luck!
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:25 AM   #15  

Where is a good place here to start in this forum? I would like someplace where we could constantly check our progress and offer encouragement.

Last edited by violetlioness; 04-06-2013 at 02:26 AM.