30-Somethings - Kid Chat Week of **May 25**

View Full Version : Kid Chat Week of **May 25**

05-25-2003, 10:44 AM
Good Morning!!

Alex is now one month old!! We took him to Friendly's last night to celebrate. He slept from 12 to 6 last night. I felt so awfu for missing a feeding but I was so tired I just didn't wake up. Then he fell asleep nursing and we slept 'til 8:30. I actually feel human this morning.

Yesterday I decided to call the pedi 'cause he hadn't made poops in two days (this from the little boy who goes 4-5 times/day). I had no more than hung up the phone when he decided to go and he must have gone 5 times during the evening yesterday. He was stinking us out of the house and they say bm babies poop doesn't smell. Can't even imagine what it would have been like if he were a formula baby. EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

05-25-2003, 04:20 PM
Grr...hate losing posts...

HAPPY ONE MONTH ALEX!!! (one day late!) :D

That's excellent that he slept that long. Don't worry about not waking him up...if he was that hungry, he would've woken up! :lol: Never wake a sleeping baby!! :lol: Maybe it was something you ate that made him poop and stink? Peter's stink, but not too bad, even though he is on some formula. He's farts are worse I think!! :yikes:

We went to Picture People this AM and got 4 mo. pics done. I had a coupon for a free sitting and 8x10 or 10x13. We got the free 10x13, and two 8x10's. They turned out really cute. As soon as I get them scanned, I'll post them.

Here's a cute pic DH must've taken yesterday before we went to mom's...

05-25-2003, 04:23 PM
Here's the first taste of cereal!!

05-26-2003, 01:37 PM
Here's his 4 month pics!




05-26-2003, 10:31 PM
Great pics Lauren!!!!

Well, we go to the ENT tomorrow at 1:45...Wish us luck...SHe has been soo miserable at night, waking and screaming...It drives me nuts..It makes me soo nervous with that blood curdling scream and pulling on the ears..The PEdi gave her a shot on Friday to get us through the weekend but we didnt make it....

Karen--Yeah on the 1 month mark!!!!

Well, off to bed..after a 3 hr sleep all night, I am pooped!!!My mom watched her today and she made her a rag and wrapped her ears up and that was the only way she would nap.....
Gotta run!!!

05-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Hi guys,

Lauren: Those are awesome pictures!! He is such a cutie.

RR: I hope they were able to do something for those ears. I had lots of earaches as a child until they took my tonsils out. I remember what they were like. Totally miserable.

The weather here is sucky today and Alex has slept most of the afternoon. I am having trouble even getting him to wake up long enough to nurse. I wonder if the rain is making him tired. I'm probably in for a LONG night!!

Hope you guys are having a great day!!

05-28-2003, 06:05 PM
Here is his one month birthday picture....

05-28-2003, 06:06 PM
Here is one of me, AJ and DH's cousin......

05-28-2003, 06:07 PM
OK, last one for now :) .......... (I'm having fun since he is actually sleeping and letting me play online!!)...........

05-28-2003, 06:13 PM
Thanks Guys!

Karen, he's soo sweet!! :D Who is that little man in the car seat with him?! :lol:

RR, how did the appt. at the ENT go? Have they decided when to do the tubes? One of the girls on my other board just had her 5 month old's done yesterday because of horrible recurring infections.

I talked to the billing girl at daycare and she said it won't be a problem to take him out until I get another job, then put him back in. They won't charge me a registration fee again, and they don't have a waiting list right now. I told her I don't expect it to be more than a month. She also said I could probably drop him off for a few hours if I have an interview, I may have to pay for the day though, that would be $44. Hopefully my FIL will be able to watch him though.

05-28-2003, 06:17 PM
I just realized I didn't mention that Peter got a 2nd tooth!! :eek: It popped through yesterday!! No wonder he's been soo miserable. Hopefully now that they're both through, he'll feel better!

05-28-2003, 07:41 PM
Hello!!! Well Kaylee's surgery is Tues at 6am..He wanted her to be on the antibiotics for a week to decrease the current infection before the tubes..The MD is a friend of mine and the anesthesiologists is the best here, soo I am just praying I am doing the right thing..She cried at 2 hr intervals last night..I had to rock her and she went back to sleep but man does she do the pulling....SHe is on Omnicef now until then...

Karen--He is sooo adorable!!!Time just flies and it gets easier!! Now I want my maternity leave cuz it is fun!!!!

Lauren--SOrry about the job..Glad the daycare is working with U!!!
Well...I gave Toots some Peas yesterday...IT was worth videoing..SHe spit them out and shuddered with the first bite then pursed those lips together!!! I didnt even push the issue at 37 cents a jar, just got a new kind!!!!
Off to eat some carrots!!!

05-29-2003, 07:59 AM
Great pictures everyone! Love them! Lauren - it WAS a tooth, eh? Wow! Hopefully he'll be like my son and get them all at one time (it's easier that way, I swear!) My daughter got one at a time and they took for-EVER to come in! She's still getting them in (19 months) and every time she starts drooling. No cute clothes for her - they're always covered with a bib! Or spit!

RR- my hubby had hernia surgery about two months ago and while we were there we saw about 4 little ones who were getting tubes. I swear that when my hubby was wheeled into the o.r., I went to my car, ran to McDonalds and came back and while I was walking back in the hospital (maybe 55 minutes later) a little girl who'd had tubes was walking OUT of the hospital! Well, her parents were carrying her, but she was leaving. I swear that child was not in the o.r. for more than 15 or 20 mintues! Recovery time maybe 1/2 hour? I was so shocked I stopped them and asked, "Is she all done????" When I had tubes put in (in the 70's) my mom says I was in the hospital for 2 days!!! wow!

My kids have been driving me crazy. Just wait ladies. Right now yours are cute and cuddly and they can do NO wrong! Wait until your children start to do things to P*SS you off on purpose... oh the joys of motherhood. My daughter and I have been butting heads to the point where I was actually crying over my failed "relationship" with her. It was a low mommy moment. I actually long for the days when everything they did was pretty much biology...

Well, enjoy your day!

05-29-2003, 08:27 AM
Good Morning@@

Rough night and I am pooped!!!! I will be glad when the tubes are in and I can see if it is the ears or she is just spoiled!!!!:D :D
Maybe both????:?: :?:

Adrienne-I am a surgery nurse and U r right..The surgery is actually 5-7 mnutes depending on how much fluid has to be sucked out...Recovery Room is 15-30 minutes and then the mommy is back with them!!!It is just hard cuz I hate to envision that mask over her face!!!I cried during the blood work but shots weekly is way too much now!!!Hmmm...the joys of motherhood!!!

Off to work!!!Have a great day!!!

05-29-2003, 12:52 PM
RR- my kids both had Synagis shots every 28 days for the 6 cold months two years in a row (was that confusing?) On top of those shots they got every 28 days, they had their regular shots, their rocephin for ear infections AND to top it off, my son developed some strange petechiae. The petechiae forced our docs to test his blood TWICE for leukemia. And this was after he was walking so they had to take it from his arm, just like they would for you and me. THEN we went to a ped. hemo/oncologist who ordered another full set of blood work to rule out Von Willebrands and others. The first time we went for THAT the nurse screwed up and the blood coagulated in the tube. Then we had to go back again. It was the most horrible, awful experience. Then, right after that both my kids got rotavirus and ended up on an i.v. All this stuff happened within about 3 months so every time we went to anywhere that looked 'clinical' my son would start to scream and cry and claw at us to get out. He's got more blood work ordered and we've decided to wait because it was just too difficult on us all to get the blood drawn. We're going to wait until he's two to try again.

THAT, my friend, is an awful experience. One thing I learned from this, we saw kids at the hemotologist/oncologist office who were clearly very sick children. I was so thankful my kids were not there for anything too serious. I can't imagine doing that kind of thing every week! Ugh!

Hugs and prayers to Kaylee - I'm sure she'll be fine!