Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 09:48 PM   #1  

Talking Introduce myself

Hi... I am so impressed by 3FC! I could sit here for hours and probably learn much needed information by just reading through replies, etc. My name is Alissa and I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I am 24 and live in southwest ohio with my boyfriend and 3 cats. I have been on numerous diets, including weight watchers about 3 times so far. It just never seemed to work for me because I would cheat on points like crazy and then I would over-exercise to compensate for the amount of points I ate. Plus I really got into the habit of just heating up the instant meals, which didn't help me learn how to cook healthy, balanced meals.
Since the beginning of the year, I have been on Sugar Busters. I am 5'7 and was 206lbs at the beginning of this year. I have lost 18lbs (in 3 months), however I am still wearing my size 16 (loose now). My goal is to get down to 160-165 by fall/winter. I have done well on the diet, after reading the book, it just made sense to me. However, I'm looking to jump start my progress on this diet. Mostly, I am just stuck with the same old foods and I am totally a choco-holic so it has been hard. My boyfriend and his family are all sugar busters advocates and so I finally gave into his incessant disapproving looks when I ate my granola bars and puddings right after dinner. However my significant other and I are sorely matched when it comes to vices. We feed off of eachother, since our worst vices are excessive eating and drinking...especially sweets. We are both products of Family life=Food=Love and this is a vice that we both vow we will not pass onto our children. David (my boyfriend) has lost 25lbs this year so far, and he looks great. So I need to match him!!!!!!
I love to workout, which is my saving grace. I get so sad when I think about how strong my muscles are underneath my external layer. I always am thinking about how I would look, you know? For once I would just like to wear a bikini and not have to worry about it!!!!!! Thus my screenname!
So now that I have told my story, I would love to find some other people who are trying to live the Sugar Busters lifestyle. I would appreciate any tips or advice! I will be reading this forum religiously!!!!!!
Alissa aka bikinibelly
Old 05-25-2003, 11:24 PM   #2  

Welcome Alissa! Feel free to join our May challenge or wait til our June challenge comes around. I havent done sugar busters.. but I have done low carb. I think that there are ways of eating that work for different people.... for some its low cal, other low carb, etc. Do whatever works for you..
Closed Thread