100 lb. Club - NSVs--Doctor, Husband, Macys!!

View Full Version : NSVs--Doctor, Husband, Macys!!

elvislover324
04-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Today is turning out so much better than yesterday and my crankypants mood.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning that was supposed to be on the 15th but had to be moved up due to another appointment depending on it's results. So anyway.......I was hoping to be in onederland when I saw my doctor so I could say I went from the 320s to the 190s but that's ok. :)

Let me tell you, the look on my doctor's face was priceless!!! She was so happy and proud of me that I had turned my life around since I saw her last in July. To put it in perspective, the last time I saw her she gave me a cancer diagnosis and was very concerned about me. :( Today, it was like I was a new person!! My appointment went awesome, I don't have to see her for a year unless I get pregnant soon (fingers crossed!!) and then she will work with my oncologist to give me the best care ever. I sure do hope I see her again soon! And...she told me I was the most determined patient she's ever had and can't believe what I have accomplished in less than 8 months. She said if I do in fact get pregnant (the odds are against me), my story deserves to be in a medical journal...that's how extraordinary all of this is!! I beamed with excitement! Now I just need this baby in my arms!!

So then I did a little shopping and met my husband for coffee. He was already at Starbucks when I got there. Now remember, he sees me every day...but something must have been different today as he didn't even realize it was me walking in the door!!! Maybe it was the way I did my hair pulled back, I had on sunglasses, a different purse, a new outfit (sweater and skirt with heels--looked professional!), who knows!! I was just happy I looked like someone else out of the corner of his eye, I don't care what the reason it was!!

So lastly....I stopped at Macy's just "to look" on my way home. Who is sporting a pair of size 14W jeans today?!?! ME!!! I don't care if they are vanity sized or not (it's Style & Co brand), it's a freaking 14!!!! I need jeans like a hole in the head but I couldn't put these back on the rack, I needed to have them!!!!!

I'm off to go do my Day 2 Week 2 of C25K, I'm so happy I could skip!!!

And...the scale at the docs said 206 but I won't get into that! I figure it's because I had on real clothes vs. my lighter workout tshirt/pants that I wear at my other doctor's office. I know I couldn't have gained a pound since Monday, I have been perfect on plan.

I am happy today. :)

foreverfaye
04-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Yea!! That all sounds amazing. You've come so far and that deserves to be celebrated.

Elladorine
04-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Awesome!! :carrot: Congrats! :hug:

Keep Moving Forward
04-03-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm glad you had such a great appointment! It's always nice when your doctors are so proud of you! Can't wait to read about you in a medical journal ;)

IanG
04-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Absolutely priceless. Well done on a wonderful day.

You'll get a baby one way or the other. Been there. Done that. There are always options. Some not the one you would hope for. But it all ends up good in the end.

Kat117
04-03-2013, 02:44 PM
How wonderful for you! I am so glad that you had a great day!

Days like today refill the motivation and make you even more determined to continue.

I could feel your energy and joy as I read that post! Big hugs for happiness!!

CW - 187.2

thnknthin1
04-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Awww I am so happy for you Elvis, I can feel your smile coming thru your post :) Congratulations girl, you deserve it! :carrot:

Tziri
04-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Love reading your posts! Hope the rest of your week goes just as well!! (That outfit sounded really cute btw!)

Radiojane
04-03-2013, 03:23 PM
You are a rock star. Possibly the biggest inspiration I've come across, and that's saying a lot, especially on this forum. I am amazed by you daily.

So happy for you. All three of these are awesome!

irish51
04-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Fantastic !!
:bravo: :cp: :bravo: :cp:

Apologies for sneaking in here to post, but I was so excited for you...could not help myself!

(I saw your yesterday post.)

elvislover324
04-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Awwwww....you guys!! :hug:

You are going to make me cry, seriously.

I don't want to get religious or anything as this isn't the place for it but somehow, God gives me the strength when I need it most. I prayed to him as I was struggling last night and needed to get my head and heart back into the game. I never went off my plan foodwise but sometimes I think the little devil on my shoulders focusing on the bad things is worse than any calorie damage.

I really needed today to be good and whether it was me or someone higher up that made it happen, I'm so very thankful either way!!!

Thank you for all of your messages, they touch my heart--each and every one of them. :hug:

elvislover324
04-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Fantastic !!

Apologies for sneaking in here to post, but I was so excited for you...could not help myself!

(I saw your yesterday post.)

Thank you, irish!!! And as far as I am concerned, anyone can post on my posts!! Sometimes I don't know where to classify them. :) And God knows I can't keep my nose out of the men's corner since I click "new posts" and read everything and I definitely don't belong there (lol). Now the guys are just used to me butting into their convos. :)

Scondy
04-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Little miss fabulous! I loved this story. Ah, I'm almost in that 14. So close.....lol

14s sound amazing! Pics!

penmage
04-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Awesome!

SarahFairhope
04-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Oh Elvis I AM SO SO SO SO SO happy for you!!!!!!

Im so very insanely excited for you. It a-freaking-mazing what you've accomplished. :D

And 14s? Wha, whaaaat?!?!?!

joefla70
04-03-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm very happy to see that you had such a good day after the crappy one you had the day before. Here's to having more of the good ones! :)

P.S. Its funny to see people call you "Elvis"

elvislover324
04-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Thanks everyone!!! I'm still flying high on my day, so so happy!!

And Joe---Elvis is my dog so I don't mind, he's a cutie pie! :) But it's funny when people think it's Elvis Presley and try to discuss his music with me! I know nothing about it!!

hhm6
04-03-2013, 04:26 PM
This is such a happy post, I love it!!

Congratulations on coming so far!!! I can't wait until I can have those moments!!

NorthernChick13
04-03-2013, 04:30 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! That made me smile!!!!!!!!!! Happy dances all around!!!!!

Roo2
04-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Great ElvisLover See when I said I wanted to be your Fairy Godmother I was not kidding:hug:

My wish for you that your dream of being a parents turns into reality.
I plan on sending positive prayers , vibes and wishing on star too!

Your posts bring a smile to my face.

I love how you embrace your life here and now ...not waiting to be Happy when some magic number appears.

Weight is so little of what we are ...It's the core that truly matters.

Cyber Hug Sweetie :hug:

Wish we could meet someday ....As Bill Engvall...That Would. Be Awesome!!!:D

Roo2

Silverfire
04-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Elvis, that is super mega totally awesome cool!!!! You are totally amazing :D

joefla70
04-03-2013, 04:43 PM
But it's funny when people think it's Elvis Presley and try to discuss his music with me! I know nothing about it!!

Actually, that's what I thought your screen name meant too!

epicskyline
04-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Aww, that was such a great NSV, it made me tear up a little. I'm so happy for you taking control of your health the way that you have. Amazing! Good luck getting pregnant! I'd love it if you kept us posted on that!

CleverName
04-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Wow, what an awesome day! Congratulations!

Sunday115
04-03-2013, 05:50 PM
This just made my day. I'm so happy for you!

elvislover324
04-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Thanks again everyone!!!

And roo----imagine if we could plan a 3FC meeting or conference or something?? I'd love to meet so many of the awesome people here!!

And just for the record....if I am blessed enough to get pregnant, 3FC will know before my family does. I have had such a year of ups and downs that I won't want to tell them until I am 2-3 months along just to be safe. But you dear people will know if/when I get the double pink line!!! The internet won't tell anyone, right?? :D

The husband just got the size 14 modeling done for him. He didn't get the concept of vanity sizing and that's why they fit. MEN!! :dizzy:

synger
04-03-2013, 06:01 PM
How exciting! You're such an inspiration to us all. *HUG*

nitrus29
04-03-2013, 06:09 PM
YAAY !! That's awesome !! :carrot: I love happy days !! :D :twirly:

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-03-2013, 06:18 PM
So glad you are having a good day, as you deserve it after all you have worked so hard for, have achieved, and conquered, and overcome. I was thinking today during my walk about all the people I have met that are or have battled cancer -- what brave souls they are ... a part of me believes we are waging a war like brave warriors, for all those who are watching, or who will face this in the future.

There are so many people here that identify with your journey -- fighting the good fight and winning. Sending up prayers that your dreams comes true for you and your DH ... :hug:

LRH
04-03-2013, 06:18 PM
WONDERFUL!!! Congrats on all your NSV's. I'm so glad you bought the jeans!!!

elvislover324
04-03-2013, 06:33 PM
a part of me believes we are waging a war like brave warriors

I thought you might like to know that today at my doctor's appointment, since I am not working at the moment, when the tech asked about my employment I told her currently I am a Cancer Warrior. :)

I might not get paid for it but it's a 24/7 job and I want a good yearly review. And I don't do any job with less than 110% effort!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every single post on this thread has made me smile. And some of you give me way too much credit. :hug: I have an amazing support system with my husband, my doctors, my nutritionist and this forum. You have no idea how much you all mean to me, how much I care about each and every one of us and our battles, how excited I get to share the good stuff with all of you and equally happy that I can share the not so good stuff with all of you when I have to.

Please accept my thanks from the bottom of my heart, I don't even know how to say it enough.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Oh ELVIS..... Gosh I am so happy (and I don't know you very well.. but) PROUD of you too. This has got to be one of those star days of your life. Your soul must be singing. I say... write every emotion that have felt today so that you remember when you had a perfect day in your life.

Your story just filled my heart and soul with gratitude, as a fellow human was able to achieve such an awesome triumph (I know you are not done yet) but such a triumph that I (and we here I am sure) know that we can do it too. You made that feeling possible for us to experience some time. Gosh your happiness is spreading! THANK YOU

rodeogirl
04-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Elvis - That is SO great! I'm glad you shared your joy with us - you are doing crazy good!

I bet your doctor was simply stunned!

Also I think you can give credit to God whenever you want - I mean if people credit their supportive spouses, friends, moms or whatever, why not God too! You just give credit wherever you feel like it! :)

bargoo
04-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Elvislover, good news all around .Congratulations ! Forget that Vanity Sizing stuff, sizes on the tag are only a number. You know you are in a much smaller size, that is what id important.

April Snow
04-03-2013, 09:25 PM
a trifecta of wonderfulness - congrats!!!

Pink Hurricane
04-03-2013, 10:57 PM
YAAAAAAAYYYYY~!!!!!!!! :cb: :carrot: :woohoo:

I'm soooo happy for you!!! All of that is wonderful news, you are right that you have come an incredibly long way in such a short period of time! That is really neat about your husband not recognizing you at first, and of course being able to fit into 14s!!!!! Things are really looking up, and I will be praying and sending good vibes that you continue to become healthier and that you and your husband will eventually be able to have a baby!!!! :D :cheer2:

Mozzy
04-04-2013, 01:34 AM
Super yay, I'm so proud of you!!!
Good luck with the baby making :)

pixiefalls
04-04-2013, 01:49 AM
Yay, you had an even better day than I imagined!! Super happy for you.. Congrats all the way around!! :D

P.S. A 14W is spectacular! :woohoo:

GirlyGirlSebas
04-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Congratulations! You have made amazing progress in turning your life around. And, Thank you for posting this uplifting NSV. This is the perfect pick-me-up with my morning cup of coffee.:coffee2:

elvislover324
04-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Thanks!!!

On my way to the fertility doctors for some blood work, preliminary tests, etc. So excited but nervous too, can't believe I'm really doing this.

And.....my husband asked me "are those your size 14 jeans?" Why yes they are!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

betsy2013
04-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Way to go! I bet even the sun was shining brighter yesterday! It's wonderful to have one of those days where you feel as though you've been picked to win the lottery of life!

starbrite
04-04-2013, 12:25 PM
:hug: congratulations on having a truly well deserved, and wonderful day !

natamars
04-04-2013, 12:49 PM
elvis, I got all verklempt reading your post..my eyes are tearing up as I type. I am so, so happy for all your wonderful accomplishments. Your happiness shines through your post...well done!

Fit dad 2b
04-05-2013, 12:37 PM
This is so great - I can't begin to express how happy I am for you!!!!

elvislover324
04-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Thank you all so much. Feeling very blessed and hopeful this week. God is surely working his miracles with me, I hope they continue!!!

ImImportant
04-05-2013, 01:03 PM
:bravo::congrat:Congratulations!:cp::cheer3:

IAmTheGlue
04-05-2013, 04:57 PM
That is amazing! I am glad you had such a wonderful day! :)