Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 4/3/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 4/3/2013

lisa32989
04-03-2013, 07:02 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

BEEGEE
04-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Yay my first NSV yesterday!! I wore my yoga pants and they didn't roll down at the stomach what a great feeling!! People are starting to notice my weight loss and its so nice to get compliments. 24 pounds down good luck everyone with your weigh ins this week I am looking forward to mine on thursday.

1LittleStar
04-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Yay my first NSV yesterday!! I wore my yoga pants and they didn't roll down at the stomach what a great feeling!! People are starting to notice my weight loss and its so nice to get compliments. 24 pounds down good luck everyone with your weigh ins this week I am looking forward to mine on thursday.

Congrats Beegee! You are doing great, and that's a great NSV. :carrot: I went downhill skiing on the weekend, for the first time in many years, and I was pumped when my snow pants fit properly and the suspenders didn't slide off my shoulders all the time.

ragdoll74
04-03-2013, 09:12 AM

Love that NSV!!!

charliebear99
04-03-2013, 09:31 AM

Yeah good job and congrats! I think that pants fitting right feels even better than the scale going down. :carrot:

Canadiandieter
04-03-2013, 09:37 AM
WTG BEEGEE!!!!!!

I had a NSV this morning as well. I'm short and to reach 2 shelves up in my kitchen is usually a challenge. My middle section has shrunk so much that this morning i stood on my tippy toes and had no problems putting dishes away!!!!

Erica6700
04-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Only on day #3 and I am already down 6 lbs and I think I am in Ketosis!!!!!!!! I am so excited! The taste in my mouth is a dead give away...I have been positively elated since I started Monday...so happy to be on my journey!
:carrot:

Cheekyskeeter
04-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Yeah good job and congrats! I think that pants fitting right feels even better than the scale going down. :carrot:

I completely agree! It's great to see the scale going down but even better to see the difference in clothes and when you look in the mirror!

DayDay615
04-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Hey everyone! I re-started the program Monday, so today is Day 3. Which day of the IP was the most difficult for you and why? Thanks for sharing! I love reading everyone's success stories!

DayDay615
04-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Only on day #3 and I am already down 6 lbs and I think I am in Ketosis!!!!!!!! I am so excited! The taste in my mouth is a dead give away...I have been positively elated since I started Monday...so happy to be on my journey!
:carrot: I am on Day 3 too! Good luck!:)

De11s
04-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Good Morning Friends! I had a GREAT NSV on Monday, I asked the owner of the body shop next door to our office, to take a look at my darling Ruby-('07 Mustang) as somebody swung their door into my driver's door. As we were walking down the street to my car he asked if I had lost weight. It felt so good for someone I don't know that well to notice.:broc: WI tonight praying for the Woosh Fairy to come!

SylviesGirl
04-03-2013, 11:20 AM
WTG BEEGEE!!!!!!

I had a NSV this morning as well. I'm short and to reach 2 shelves up in my kitchen is usually a challenge. My middle section has shrunk so much that this morning i stood on my tippy toes and had no problems putting dishes away!!!!

I had never thought of this!! So I could get "functionally taller" by losing weight, too?? Awesome! I can't reach the top shelves in my kitchen, either . . . so, hey, in a way, as we get smaller, our kitchen storage space and functionality will get bigger! Yay!

I am absolutely giddy over my WI this morning. Down 4 lbs!! That is such a wonder to me -- I didn't think my body was whoosh-able! :carrot:

I found it a lot harder to stay OP over Easter than I had anticipated, but I did it. I am just thrilled to reap such a great payoff.

Great NSVs today everyone!

As far as the hardest day . . . I think I felt the worst on days 3 and 4 with a booming headache and just feeling very "off." I gave up everything at the same time -- caffeine and soda, etc. Once day 6 rolled around, I felt great. Hang in there.

IdealProteinNewbie
04-03-2013, 11:23 AM
I found it a lot harder to stay OP over Easter than I had anticipated, but I did it. I am just thrilled to reap such a great payoff.

Look at what I highlighted...way to go! It's ALWAYS worth it to stay OP!

Cheekyskeeter
04-03-2013, 11:25 AM
I think day 3 and 4 were the worst for me too. I also gave up all caffeine at the same time as starting IP....the headaches were horrible for a few days but it all was worth it.

Sammie12
04-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Good morning everyone. Great wi's hoping for the whoosh fairy this week I would love to be out of the 260's. Day 2 & 3 were tough for me but once the first week was over it got better.

mrskuby
04-03-2013, 11:26 AM
I had never thought of this!! So I could get "functionally taller" by losing weight, too?? Awesome! I can't reach the top shelves in my kitchen, either . . . so, hey, in a way, as we get smaller, our kitchen storage space and functionality will get bigger! Yay!

I am absolutely giddy over my WI this morning. Down 4 lbs!! That is such a wonder to me -- I didn't think my body was whoosh-able! :carrot:

That's awesome!!!:carrot::carrot: You did so well staying OP over Easter!! Send the whoosh fairy my way now that you're done with her!!;)

mrskuby
04-03-2013, 11:30 AM
So my SIL started the plan on Monday in spite of her dr's reaction to it and she called me this morning to tell me that even though she knows she shouldn't step on the scale, she did and is down over 5lbs in just two days!! I am so happy for her!! (I did explain that it was water but it's water she's not carying around anymore!!) I am glad she chose to try the diet rather than let her dr talk her out of it! I know she will be thrilled with losing so fast and so easy!! Now if I can just get her involved in 3FC!!!:dizzy:

Donna Gel
04-03-2013, 11:32 AM
I am feeling so much better today. I thought at first I was sick because of my cheat last weekend and going back into ketosis. It wasn't entirely that after all and I am feeling almost human again. Now to gt back to the swing of things. 25 more days until opening day of my Artisan Market. My goal was to real 100% weight loss by then. If things keep going as they have I should be meet it no problem. Even if I miss it by a few pounds, no big deal as I am fitting into the size I wanted to from the beginning. No WI this week as I have to travel out of town for it. I generally WI every 2 weeks.

workingit50
04-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Wonderful NSV's from IPs. I agree with the little things that make this worth it. The clothes fitting and me feeling good in them the best.

Have a great day everyone!

randygrl
04-03-2013, 12:37 PM
:carrot:

I am on Day 3 as well, but I am not sure that I am in Ketosis yet. I did weigh myself this morning and have lost 1.4 lbs.

Great job on all the NSVs

GoalFor40
04-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Hi everyone- I am back in the saddle, starting today. Depressed and frustrated that I allowed myself to regain so much weight, but trying to push past it. I thoguht I had figured out my emotional eating issues, but clearly I have not. Glad to be here again.

Great job on all of the NSV's, I look forward to having some of my own in the weeks to come!

DayDay615
04-03-2013, 12:56 PM
I am on Day 3 as well, but I am not sure that I am in Ketosis yet. I did weigh myself this morning and have lost 1.4 lbs.

Great job on all the NSVs

I am on Day 3 as well. How do you know when you are in ketosis?

IdealProteinNewbie
04-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Hi everyone- I am back in the saddle, starting today. Depressed and frustrated that I allowed myself to regain so much weight, but trying to push past it. I thoguht I had figured out my emotional eating issues, but clearly I have not. Glad to be here again.

Great job on all of the NSV's, I look forward to having some of my own in the weeks to come!

Welcome back! I remember you :D

leannekarella
04-03-2013, 01:35 PM
WTG BEEGEE!!!!!!

Oh! Mine is leaning over into the chest freezer! I can reach the bottom now that my belly isn't stopping me! :D

Erica6700
04-03-2013, 01:36 PM
My mouth tastes VERY metallic, slightly sweet...this started last night and hasn't gone away at all....it's annoying. I have upped my water intake to 3+ liters, so far it hasn't helped. I did test my urine ketones as well which showed +
I cant say I have had headaches, drowsiness, etc...in fact I feel full of energy and my mood is very happy. LOVING THIS PLAN!

randygrl
04-03-2013, 02:37 PM
On on day #3 and I am not sure if I am in ketosis yet, but I am hoping that I did not screw my first week up already. :( Yesterday I had leek soup with cauliflower and broccoli added and I added 1 cup of chicken broth to help with the flavor of the leek soup. My coach said chicken broth was okay but did not specify which one I should use. 1 cup has 10 calories, 0.5g of fat, 0 sugars, and 1 carbohydrate. I used another cup of chicken broth in my potato soup with asparagus today, but I am not sure if I can swallow the potato soup. Please advise if I should be using the chicken broth at all. I know that alot of the IP recipes in the book call for chicken broth. Please Help!

ragdoll74
04-03-2013, 02:41 PM
On on day #3 and I am not sure if I am in ketosis yet, but I am hoping that I did not screw my first week up already. :( Yesterday I had leek soup with cauliflower and broccoli added and I added 1 cup of chicken broth to help with the flavor of the leek soup. My coach said chicken broth was okay but did not specify which one I should use. 1 cup has 10 calories, 0.5g of fat, 0 sugars, and 1 carbohydrate. I used another cup of chicken broth in my potato soup with asparagus today, but I am not sure if I can swallow the potato soup. Please advise if I should be using the chicken broth at all. I know that alot of the IP recipes in the book call for chicken broth. Please Help!

It's ok to use in moderation. I typically go for the lowest fat broth.

breezie68
04-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Today is the day I was waiting for... the day the dr discusses phasing off. Evidently I'm in a weight range where I could phase off if I wanted too...but I want to keep going for about 15 more lbs. That being said, the doctor told me I should chose a date, and then start phasing off on that date. I decided to pick June 1st. The end of phase 1 is near!

rubygirl05
04-03-2013, 02:55 PM
I had never thought of this!! So I could get "functionally taller" by losing weight, too?? Awesome!

Yep, I've noticed that my dress pants are getting too long as my belly has decreased in size.

randygrl
04-03-2013, 03:03 PM
It's ok to use in moderation. I typically go for the lowest fat broth.

It only has 0.5g of fat per cup of broth. How often do you think it should be used? I was worried about the 10 calories and the 1g of carbs. I was looking for a way to improve the leek soup and the potato soup which were included in my first 11 days of food starting the program. Any suggestions for future meals.

Thirteen
04-03-2013, 03:12 PM
I am getting close to goal, and I've noticed over the past 1-2 weeks that I'm hungry all the time. Up till about a month ago, my dinners made me so full I thought I'd be sick, the last several days I feel hungry right after a meal. Stomach is growling about an hour after each meal and continues till the next meal. I am okay with that as long as it's normal but my reason for concern...prior to this program I had gained weight because I wasn't eating enough - my calorie intake would average between 600 and 900 most days (always ate till I was full, but ate mostly veggies - becasue that's what I loved) and I worked out like a crazy person, which put me into starvation mode. I'm almost done, and the last thing I want to do is mess with my metabolism again. Does anyone have any suggestions? should I be having an additional packet? My clinic still says you should have 5oz chicken/beef or 7oz fish or seafood...since I've seen the updated Phase 1, I've increased to 8oz, but I've only been eating fish and shirmp. I have stuck to the white foods all along, should I switch to green now, or maybe start eating chicken or beef instead of fish/seafood? I saw that a few others have posted about this, and they seem to be close to goal too, but I didn't see much in terms of solutions or if the concern is legit. Thanks in advance!!

Thirteen
04-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Today is the day I was waiting for... the day the dr discusses phasing off. Evidently I'm in a weight range where I could phase off if I wanted too...but I want to keep going for about 15 more lbs. That being said, the doctor told me I should chose a date, and then start phasing off on that date. I decided to pick June 1st. The end of phase 1 is near!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's so wonderful to hear, I'm really happy for you! :carrot:

ragdoll74
04-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Thirteen- I have more hunger issues closer to goal also, and have seen Debrasb & Suchawittygal post the same recently.

I can only do so many days of chicken and then start craving steak. I get the full 8 oz whatever protein I'm eating. Lately it is mostly red meat because it seems to keep me fuller a little longer.

I think we just have to deal with the hunger. I've tried splitting protein, swapping dinner and lunch, etc. It seems to work at first, then my body gets used to the change after a few days and I have hunger issues again.

ragdoll74
04-03-2013, 04:20 PM
It only has 0.5g of fat per cup of broth. How often do you think it should be used? I was worried about the 10 calories and the 1g of carbs. I was looking for a way to improve the leek soup and the potato soup which were included in my first 11 days of food starting the program. Any suggestions for future meals.

Try adding a 1/4 cup of the broth, some pureed veggies and water if needed. Check out the fun with veggie purees for some inspiration.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html

The potato packet can be made into a roll and some other things. Check out the third post from the bottom on this thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland-26.html

Reads2kids
04-03-2013, 04:29 PM
I will be starting IP tomorrow. I've been reading the success of all of you for the past few weeks and have been inspired. I look forward to sharing my journey with all of you.

randygrl
04-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Try adding a 1/4 cup of the broth, some pureed veggies and water if needed. Check out the fun with veggie purees for some inspiration.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html

The potato packet can be made into a roll and some other things. Check out the third post from the bottom on this thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland-26.html

Thanks ragdoll! I just hope that I did not fumble too badly that I do not see myself in ketosis.

randygrl
04-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Does anyone have some salad dressings they would recommend to use in place of the WF salad dressings? How much do you use at a time with your salad?

randygrl
04-03-2013, 04:43 PM
I will be starting IP tomorrow. I've been reading the success of all of you for the past few weeks and have been inspired. I look forward to sharing my journey with all of you.

Welcome Reads2kids! :hug: I am only on day #3 but so far the diet has been good. You will find a wealth of information and support from the people on this site. Good luck in your journey.

ragdoll74
04-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Thanks ragdoll! I just hope that I did not fumble too badly that I do not see myself in ketosis.

I wouldn't worry about the broth you had this week. Some people end up having 2 restricteds a day for the first couple of weeks on accident and still have great losses.

If you are using the ketostix and drinking a lot of water, it probably will not show you are in ketosis. Most people say don't bother with them, they are a waste of money.

randygrl
04-03-2013, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't worry about the broth you had this week. Some people end up having 2 restricteds a day for the first couple of weeks on accident and still have great losses.

If you are using the ketostix and drinking a lot of water, it probably will not show you are in ketosis. Most people say don't bother with them, they are a waste of money.

I drank 95ozs my first day, 85ozs my second day, and I almost have 60ozs down for today before lunch. :) This is huge for me because I have never been a huge H2O drinker before.

leannekarella
04-03-2013, 04:54 PM

I buy the store brand fat-free broth, both chicken and beef. I use it ALL the time. It's fine. I normally have 2 cups at a time (a whole can). Just make sure it's low/fat-free and no added sugars. 0 or 1 carb max.

charliebear99
04-03-2013, 05:04 PM
I am getting close to goal, and I've noticed over the past 1-2 weeks that I'm hungry all the time. Up till about a month ago, my dinners made me so full I thought I'd be sick, the last several days I feel hungry right after a meal. Stomach is growling about an hour after each meal and continues till the next meal. I am okay with that as long as it's normal but my reason for concern...prior to this program I had gained weight because I wasn't eating enough - my calorie intake would average between 600 and 900 most days (always ate till I was full, but ate mostly veggies - becasue that's what I loved) and I worked out like a crazy person, which put me into starvation mode. I'm almost done, and the last thing I want to do is mess with my metabolism again. Does anyone have any suggestions? should I be having an additional packet? My clinic still says you should have 5oz chicken/beef or 7oz fish or seafood...since I've seen the updated Phase 1, I've increased to 8oz, but I've only been eating fish and shirmp. I have stuck to the white foods all along, should I switch to green now, or maybe start eating chicken or beef instead of fish/seafood? I saw that a few others have posted about this, and they seem to be close to goal too, but I didn't see much in terms of solutions or if the concern is legit. Thanks in advance!!

I was told by trainer who is also a registered dietician to eat small meal with protein every 4 hours. 4oz of chicken is only 135 calories,no carb, and 36gm PRO. That and 2 cups of broccoli = about 200 cal. :)

tam67green
04-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Happy Wednesday!

Congrats on all the NSVs and good WI results. I leave for my WI in fifteen minutes, and I hope I did well.

I know we have discussed this, but it never fails to amaze me at the change in my taste buds! Last night I made zucchini apples, and LOVED them. I had made them before, closer to beginning IP and was very disappointed--not sweet enough for me to consider them apple-like, I guess. Last night I thought they were wondefully sweet, and I'm planning on stocking up on zucchini after my WI today.

bellasamimom
04-03-2013, 05:28 PM
I was told to only test your first urine of the day with the keto stix. Otherwise your urine is to debuted to be accurate.

Welcome to all of the new IPers!! You will all do great!!!

snickers70
04-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Hi, I have been on IP now going on week 3. Found this forum a couple of days ago and have been surfing for hours since.
I have been looking at some alternatives, and wanted to know if there is a quick link with comparisons?

Roo2
04-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Dropped from 109.8- 109.2 lbs.:D
Saw Surgeon yesterday and told me how smart it was for me to lose the weight on my own...he stated most people cannot do it ....and in that short of a period of time, he was very impressed ,made me fell good. Walked out of the room and saw another room with the name Lapband on the door , didn't realize why he was saying it ...then it made sense why the scale I was weighed on was not your normal scale.

I left feeling hopeful and soo grateful that all my hardwork and effort our going to payoff and I will get the total transformation ...I have always dreamed of since starting this journey!!

Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

tam67green
04-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Hi, I have been on IP now going on week 3. Found this forum a couple of days ago and have been surfing for hours since.
I have been looking at some alternatives, and wanted to know if there is a quick link with comparisons?

Somebody posted a similar question a couple of days ago, but I got busy and forgot to reply. Here is something that was put in here a while back that might be helpful:

Suchawittygal
04-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Thirteen- I have more hunger issues closer to goal also, and have seen Debrasb & Suchawittygal post the same recently.

I can only do so many days of chicken and then start craving steak. I get the full 8 oz whatever protein I'm eating. Lately it is mostly red meat because it seems to keep me fuller a little longer.

I think we just have to deal with the hunger. I've tried splitting protein, swapping dinner and lunch, etc. It seems to work at first, then my body gets used to the change after a few days and I have hunger issues again.

Ragdoll is exactly right. I'm experiencing the same thing. I have found that eating red meat helped me a bit, but I'm still finding that I'm very hungry. I just came to the understanding that i will have to suffer through it and pray that these last 10 lbs come off quickly. :-/

LizJazz
04-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Ragdoll is exactly right. I'm experiencing the same thing. I have found that eating red meat helped me a bit, but I'm still finding that I'm very hungry. I just came to the understanding that i will have to suffer through it and pray that these last 10 lbs come off quickly. :-/

I too am always hungry :-( I hope these last 20 pounds come off quick!!

Jeaner
04-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Thanks Tam67-that chart is great!

Jeaner
04-03-2013, 07:50 PM
I have missed you guys...my usual device for lurking and posting is sick, so now I am at the PC. But gotta do what ya gotta do.

I had my second WI on Tuesday, and it was better than my first. That was a really weird WI and want to forget that one. It was better and I lost 3 # and 1 1/2 inches, on their scale. I am still using my numbers from home for my ticker. I'm on my way..................

Everyone - you are having such great success stories, WI's and NSV. Be proud of yourselves. This is not an easy thing to do. So many of us have emotional ties to food....but this is the easiest of all the other diets out there. We are so smart!!!

HillaryJH
04-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Lost 7 lbs tonight for a total of 32.4 lbs down. A 10% weight loss in five weeks!!

Sansfilter
04-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Wonderful Wednesday, Everyone!
It's so awesome to read about everyone's awesome NSVs and WIs! Today was my third WI, and I was completely shocked to be down another four pounds! I prepare myself for a pound or less (even though I peek at the scale daily), so I'm always excited when there's any loss. I appreciate this site, and all of you, for keeping me inspired every day.

Sansfilter
04-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Does anyone have some salad dressings they would recommend to use in place of the WF salad dressings? How much do you use at a time with your salad?

There are some great ideas on the recipe threads. Also, this may sound very random, but I read it on the thread regarding staying OP while traveling. Use mustard. I tried it on a Subway turkey chopped salad the other day and got some interesting looks and comments from the sandwich artists. But - if you think about it, I basically got a sandwich without the bread, so why not put mustard on it?

Lizzeelee
04-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Woohoo! 2.4 lbs with a knee injury and TOM! Wasn't expecting a loss this week even though I haven't cheated a bit!
Wk 1: -6 lb
Wk 2: -2.4 lb

pocahontas812
04-03-2013, 09:19 PM

I'm just about at goal, and like you and others I felt increased hunger in the last few weeks. Variety has definitely helped me. I'm eating more of my lean protein at lunch, changing around the time of my IP lunch food and snack, and mixing up the types of lean protein and veggies I eat day to day.

The P1 sheet has required 8oz lean protein (measured raw) daily for quite a while now....shame on your clinic for not being responsible and providing their dieters with the most current info. Now that you know you're supposed to be eating 8 oz, why are you only eating fish and shrimp in that amount? Definitely up the chicken, pork, and beef to 8oz.

You also state that you have been sticking to the white foods all along, and then ask if you should start eating green now....what's up with that? There are so many great non-white veggies out there that you can and should be eating--broccoli, kale, asparagus, bell peppers (all colors), etc.

snickers70
04-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Thank you for the comparison chart!!
When I was at GNC the other day, the gentleman was recommending the quest bar. It shows it has 25g carbs, but 19g fiber. He said since it was so high in fiber, that the high carbs didn't matter.... ?

ragdoll74
04-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Thank you for the comparison chart!!
When I was at GNC the other day, the gentleman was recommending the quest bar. It shows it has 25g carbs, but 19g fiber. He said since it was so high in fiber, that the high carbs didn't matter.... ?

There is a whole thread about the quest bars. They are my new favorite.

drivebynotthru
04-03-2013, 10:15 PM
mini victory today. I'm on week two IP. I had to take my son thru McD's and I didn't get anything! I'm so proud of myself.

-7 lbs.

Wild wire
04-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Everyone sounds like they are OP & on track! Has anyone felt like they needed to shake things up? I feel like my body is in a rut and my losses have become sporadic. Can anyone refresh my memory - I believe I read somewhere that going to another phase for a day (or week) would get your body losing again?

I generally lurk, reading the posts every day! Great NSV'S & losses ! :carrot:

De11s
04-03-2013, 10:40 PM
There are some great ideas on the recipe threads. Also, this may sound very random, but I read it on the thread regarding staying OP while traveling. Use mustard. I tried it on a Subway turkey chopped salad the other day and got some interesting looks and comments from the sandwich artists. But - if you think about it, I basically got a sandwich without the bread, so why not put mustard on it?

Subway is one of my favorite places to eat out and stay OP, I have them put a little olive oil and spicy mustard on my chicken chopped salad also...delicious.

WI #17 tonight went well sown another 1.6 lbs and 1.25" I am very pleased with my progress. Hoping these last 9+ pounds go quickly.

Thank you all for sharing this journey with me.

aliboo723
04-03-2013, 10:42 PM
WI tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that I get a whoosh!

Donna Gel
04-03-2013, 10:57 PM
How many times am I going to have to hear "you will just put all the weight back on when you quit dieting." sure, if I go back to my old way of eating. This isn't a 'diet' it's learning how to eat properly..

DRegan
04-03-2013, 11:05 PM
How many times am I going to have to hear "you will just put all the weight back on when you quit dieting." sure, if I go back to my old way of eating. This isn't a 'diet' it's learning how to eat properly..

I hear ya! I dont even try to explain to some people
what I'm doing, bcuz I dont want to hear their comments
on what they know nothing about! Just say cutting back and
exercise, which is pretty true! ;)

D

JenRem
04-04-2013, 03:16 AM
BEEGEE - Congrats on the NSV yesterday, the yoga pants!

Erica6700 - WELCOME and Congrats!

De11s - Wonderful NSV! The ones that are out of the blue and totally unexpected are so special!
Congrats on WI #17. Great attitude! I agree, a loss is a loss :D

mrskuby - I'm so glad your SIL decided to start IP. I hope she has the results and success she needs so that she will continue on this program despite what her Dr. says. Tie her to the computer and show her lots of before/after pictures on 3FC. Those are so inspiring!

GoalFor40 - WELCOME BACK; I definately remember you! I'm sorry for your struggles, but you know how wonderful this site can be and the people here are ALWAYS on your side. Remember, you fell down - scraped your knee a little, but are picking yourself back up. Be kind to yourself; no more thoughts of woulda, coulda, shoulda. Today is a new day and you're here now which is what counts! You can do this! :hug:

breezie68 - Great news. Congrats on your success with P1 and your future endeavors on P2 -> P4!

Reads2kids - WELCOME! Tomorrow is the beginning of your wonderful IP journey. Best of Luck to you and we are all here for ya!

Jeaner - Yeah, on a much better week 2 WI! :D

HillaryJH - WOW, great WL = 7 lbs. Congrats!

Sansfilter - Very Nice third WI - down another four pounds! WTG!

Lizzeelee - So happy for your week 2 WI. Awesome!

Wild wire - going to another phase for a day (or week) could get your body losing again. Also, I think some people will have 4 non-restricted a day for awhile instead of 2 non-restricted and 1 restricted. I believe the thought is to help your body not think it should be in starvation mode.

WELCOME!
The guy at GNC is basically right. You can subtract the dietary fiber from the total carbs and use that to get the net carbs. So, the Quest bar above would be 6g net carbs (25g - 19g). Any item that has 8g carbs or less is a non-restricted item. 9g carbs or more is restricted. You also want the fat calories to be 30% or less of the total calories. The easiest way to determine this is multiply the calories from fat x 3 and that should be less than the total calories. Protein needs to be 12g or higher. These 3 parts need to line up in order to be an acceptable alternative to an IP product.
Also, if you really liked your Quest bar - most of us have been ordering them directly from the Quest site because they are super fresh rather than buying at a store where it's been sitting on the shelf for awhile.

Amen! These are the people that we really want to prove to them how wrong they are!

~Jen

Thirteen
04-04-2013, 06:02 AM
You also state that you have been sticking to the white foods all along, and then ask if you should start eating green now....what's up with that? There are so many great non-white veggies out there that you can and should be eating--broccoli, kale, asparagus, bell peppers (all colors), etc.

I was referring to the IP "white" packets...jello, pudding, drinks, soups, etc. I never moved to the "green" IP foods like the bars, puffs, etc. I was told they're higher carb, and since I'm happy with the white foods, I've stuck with them to lose faster. That's also why I've stuck to fish and seafood the last 2 months, they said the meats will slow down my loss. I am just now at 3 months and I'm averaging 3.7 lbs a week. Last night's WI was 5.4...guess the hunger is justified!

Again, I can deal with the hunger, my concern is that by being hungry I'm damaging my metabolism again. I was trying to figure out if that is a problem.

Thanks for your feedback!

Thirteen
04-04-2013, 06:13 AM

I know...I'm sick of the naysayers...I'm scared to mive off phase 1, and I have wanted this so bad for so long and worked so hard for it that there's no way I'll let myself go! Plus people don't believe that I tried and tried for years to drop the weight, they think I'm lying...that hurts too!

The other annoying comment I hear, "why don't you try [insert diet plan here...WW, a cleanse, etc]?" I always say, "this seems to be working for me, so I think I'll stick to IP." Hello, you just noticed my drastic weight loss and now you're suggesting I try something else...? WTH?!?

Just ignore them and focus on what you're doing...you'll keep it off!!! They're just jealous!