Support Groups - Weight Loss Buddies XI

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Weight Loss Buddies XI

dancerindenver
04-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Ladies - here's our new thread....

Nessa131
04-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Yea!!!!! Glad i checked in today!!!! I did ok with the party.on sunday. I still had.the hamburger but o.ly ate half. The only crutch i have is raw cookie dough....omg i have no idea why i love that stuff.so much! Lol but i lost almost 3 pou.ds according to the trainers scales in the last week!!!! And man has he worked us out this week.....so im sure.ill lose this time too! My cousin is also getting married so yet another reasin to lose weight! Man i cant wait to be in normal bmi range! And hey...i would be super excited for a new bra.to.come!!!! I thi.k when your being healthier u look forward to different.things than you did before!!!!

The tat is healing up pretty well....hasnt started flaking yet and im hoping i havent messed it up with working.out etc. The hubby isnt really partial either way...he has just accepted that i have it and.moved on! Lol

Welp im off to bed! Talk to yall soon!!!

luckylindy
04-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Thanks for starting the new thread Dance!

Dance- I do not want to put any ideas in your head so I say this knowing that every situation is different and I have many friends who have been successful in dating others with kids. I always said I would not date something with children, and adhered to that rule for 3 years....hypocritical...yes, but it worked. Then I met Bob and I was so smitten with him, I looked past the kids. BIG MISTAKE. It has been the stress of our relationship and I have often said if we broke up, it would be for that reason alone. NOW, this is slightly different than your situation because you do not have kids. When both people have kids it is a constant battle of who's parenting methods are better. Further more, his ex situation was not ideal and she is a royal pain. I'm sure things are a little different with your guy so again, please dont let my experience detour you.

Nessa - kudos on the weight loss, you are doing such an amazing job. What does your trainer say about the scale? Does he tell you muscle weighs more than fat and the scale wont change drastically or is it a myth? Just curious. :-)

Nessa131
04-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Well the trainer weighs us every monday or tuesday. So he does sorta go off the scales he feels that if you are working ur rear end off you shouldnt gain it will come off.......but slowly. I have always went by the scales and have gotten very very discouraged becuase they were moving alot faster b4 i started training. Jason has assured me that its working but the scales will not show it because you are gaining and toning muscle. He says you have to pick one thing to go by.... Either the scales or ur clothes. He says its better to go off of how ur clothes fit. And i have had a verybhard time adjusting to that. Becuase i have always focused on that magic number. But i know even tho i am still in the 170's (barely now 171.6) i am in a super small size. I fit in 7/8 this weekend but im more coomfy in a 9. And i was like an 11-13 in high school. But i weighed like 155-165 i think. Sobi know hes right......i just gotta get used to it!!! Lol

And i just found out...my awesome boss is quitting at the end of this month.....so im hoping whoever takes over is still cool enuf to let me keep training.... I take my lunch break to do it so it shouldnt be an issue......but we shall see.....mmn i hate change! Lol

dancerindenver
04-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Wow, Nessa - you are making awesome progress - nice going!

Lindy - appreciate your honest feedback as always!! I've never been on more than one or two dates with someone with kids so this is new territory for me. How long did you guys date before meeting each other's kids? I've seen all kinds of advice out there to wait at least 6 months which sounds really long but what do I know... We're hanging out again tonight - will keep you guys posted.

I'm getting lots of double-takes and compliments at work from people I haven't seen in a while - kind of fun :) And getting dressed in the morning is getting so much more enjoyable that it was 50lbs ago. Thanks, girls, for helping me get so much closer to my goals!

burgundyrayne
04-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Dance-thanks for the new thread. Its so nice when people notice all your hard work. :hug:

Lindy-yes definitely back on plan, luckily I didn't gain anything but haven't lost either, but I tried on a few pair of jeans that have been tight and they fit now so that's a plus. I'm not so worried about the scale moving this time around . I know it will eventually. Oh and another plus, the muffin top is getting smaller, yay.

Neesa-congrats on the 7/8 pants. My sister gave me a pair that size from Maurice's, I can't wait to get into them. I'm in mostly 11s right now.

The last few nights, I've noticed when I'm working out I get a little dizzy feeling. All I drink is water but the last few days I don't think I've been drinking enough so I upped it today so we'll see how it goes tonight. I didn't go for a walk today but I did go out and jump on the trampoline and kick the soccer ball around with the dogs.

Just a week and a half left of the soup kitchen, they close for the summer months. So I want to find something else to do, not sure ifs gonna be more volunteering, a part time job, or school. I have a lot to think about.

I'm so proud of us all, these tickers are looking better and better, love you girls:D

Chyna Martin
04-03-2013, 10:17 PM
SOMEONE PICK ME!! I need someone to help hold me accountable!! Big time... :)

Nessa131
04-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Dance- i meant to say thanks for starting a new thread....just forgot.in my earlier rant! Lol

Burgundy- you are such an amazing person...all that volunteer work is awesome!!!!!! We.should all strive to be more like you in that aspect and this world would be a better place!!!

Chyna- welcome!!!! Feel free to use all of us to help!!! Im still pretty new compared.to lindy and dance and burgundy....but they have all been so helpful to me!!! Were all here for u!!!!

dancerindenver
04-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Chyna - welcome to the gang! Tell us more about yourself and your diet/exercise plan....

Burgundy - fitting into your jeans is the best! Hydrating more should help with the dizzy thing and making sure you're not pushing too too hard in your workout also helps me not get dizzy.

So, last night I had my third date with the guy I know from before (we'll call him B) - he brought flowers which was sweet and we had a good time but I'm definitely not 100% sure that I'm ready to start a relationship - we'll see. This might be good as I usually plunge headlong into things without thinking them through very well. He has his daughters for a bunch of days straight so I won't see him again until Weds which will definitely give me some time to think - and who knows, maybe go on some other dates ;)

Had a great run yesterday morning and am walking with a girlfriend tonight. What's everyone else doing for exercise? And could the weekend please get here faster??

luckylindy
04-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Chyna welcome! What are your plans right now? It looks like you have done amazingly well so far! Great job! We all started in the same area and area around the same age and height so this would be a perfect group for you!

Dance - we waited 8 months. My rule has always been no sooner than 6 months so it was pretty on plan. When you have kids, its different. You do not want them to think it is acceptable to have a "revolving door", especially if you have girls I think you are definately more picky. Just wait and see where it goes for now. :-)

luckylindy
04-04-2013, 12:30 PM
oh Dance, just saw your post. I am working on cardio these days. I was doing a lot of weights but wasnt seeing a difference in my body shape and wasnt sweating so I decided to bring the heart rate up. I am doing cardio 3-4 days a week. Not sure if I am going tomorrow or not. Clothes are fitting so good and for once, I am not prisoner to the scale so I am actually thinking about seeing how far I can take this not getting on. It kinda sticks with my ticker but who cares.

Nessa131
04-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Hey everyone!!! Well i guess i had an epic fail day!!!! Our big boss shows up at work....we are already super busy. I have a drs. Appt 2 hours away...... U get the idea. Lol so i have a bacon.egg and cheese biscuit for.breakfast/lunch. I find out that i have endometrosis then.go home and text the trainer..........u would have thought i killed someone for eating a dang biscuit!!!!! Lol

Ok.sorry for the rant i just had to get that out!!!! i was only able to train twice thia week. I have a workout that i have to do tomorrow.on my.own an no.mistakes this weekend on food.or anything!! Do yall ever get discouraged over simple stupid stuff? Lol

Lindy-what cardio are.you doing? Elliptical treadmill etc? How.long each session? What speeds.etc? It sounds like you are.doing amazing!!!

dancerindenver
04-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Nessa - habits get easier with practice, right? One of the wise folks on this board would always say 'failure to plan is planning to fail' or something like that. When things are calmer, maybe you can take a minute think through how you could plan your food (bring snacks, maybe?) to avoid the gotchas ;) I'm sure you'll do great this weekend!

Great walk in the sunshine with my buddy yesterday and planning on running after work today. Maybe a little extra exercise helping another friend pack for her upcoming move - we'll see.

Can't wait for the weekend - no exciting plans, just looking forward to being outside in the spring sunshine :) TGIF, ladies!

burgundyrayne
04-08-2013, 09:50 AM
I got to change my ticker this morning, finally. I'll check back in later this evening. I'm headed to the soup kitchen, this is our last week. I'm going to miss it and all the great people.

dancerindenver
04-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Burgundy - woohoo for a dropping ticker! Nicely done.

I had a bad day yesterday - one of those days where you're starving all day long for no apparent reason. But back on the bandwagon again today.

Things are going pretty well with the new guy - we're getting into the habit of nightly phone calls (on the nights he has his kids) so that seems like a good sign, I think. Still haven't talked about whether we're seeing other people so nothing serious yet.

Hope all is well with you gals, and hope neesy checks in soon!

luckylindy
04-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Hey girls!

Burgundy - congrats on changing your ticker! How you considered any other volunteer opportunities yet? How are you doing with eating?

Nessa - I laughed out loud with your biscuit story. Are you going to have to go harder this week as a result of it? How many calories does he incourage you to eat?

Dance - I am so glad things are going well for you and the guy. Im sure exclusiveness will happen in time. Are you still eating on plan? When I started dating, thats when I was constantly going off plan, it was awful, lol.

I had a horrible weekend with eating. Seriously, my belly is extremely bloated from how much I ate and I wouldnt be surprised if I packed on 5 pounds. I had a weekend where no matter what I ate, I was still starving. I didnt do much better today either because I am already at 2000 calories. It is awful, I know. I am probably going to do the gym for 1.5 hours, all cardio to offset some of my poor choices and get back on track tomorrow.

dancerindenver
04-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Lindy - still eating very much on plan! I'm lucky that this guy eats almost the way I do - skips the rice with asian food, was happy to eat indian food over steamed cauliflower instead of over basmati rice, etc. I let myself have one treat a week if I need it (many weeks I don't) which has ended up being a slice or two of thin crust pizza on the odd date where that has seemed like the right food choice for whatever reason. It doesn't seem to set off cravings so so far I'm lucky. After my day of starvingness (and needing to eat more than usual as a result), I skipped the scale this morning but I've been sticking to 154 - I think the next pound or two may take a while to get here but that's okay ;) I'm pretty happy where I am.

You will get back on track - I know how you are - you can turn this around! Good luck at the gym!

luckylindy
04-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Hey girls. Having a VERY rough morning and just need a sounding board. Gabriella was suppose to her cavities filled today but the dentist said she was asking too many questions and didnt feel comfortable working on her. She is going to ask questions, she is 11 and scared! Anyway, she was referred to somewhere else. Then my boss was on me for something petty, and overall it has just put me in an incredibly cranky mood. I did good with eating and the gym yesterday and plan on doing the same today.

How is everyone else doing?

Nessa131
04-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Lindy- he is a total food ****!!! No mistakes. U eat only to fuel ur body to workout!!! Lol i mean i hired him for this eeason but dang....it was a flipping biscuit! And i added 2 tbsp of almond milk into coffee this weekend and he chewed me out!!!!!! Lol he must be prefect cause he freaks......how many times have i said lean white meat protein andbgreen veggies only??? Dang Vanessa! Lol he hasnt set a calorie limit but here is my typical day: (keep in mind he hates any dairy and carbs- little to no fruit- lean white meat protein and fresh green veggies only!!!) breakfast: protein shake with water and ice only. Or oatmeal. Lunch: salad or veggies (maybe fish or chicken if i have leftovers) s: 4 oz ish depending on how hingry i am and salad and/or green veggies. I cant help it but sometimes i have to have red meat....he doesnt like it but dang this fat girl needs a steak sometimes!!! Lol dont get me wrongbim not perfect and sometimes i mess up. Like my lovely hubby managed to bring whoppers into the house...grrrrr.... So me and the dog split like 10. So i make mistakes.

The scales did show a 1 pound gain from my last weigh in. But last week he weighed us on tuesday so he had worked the waterboff of me. He weighed us on monday this week. I weighed tuesday on my own at home and showed i was the same as last week on tuesday. So im thinking it was water weight but idk. He is working us extremely hard this week so far. I dont know if it is because of our eating or the spring weather has a peep in his step or what but i almost passed out on the treadmill yesterday. Literally everything started turning black and he grabbed me to steady me. Im hoping that he was just working us to death and not like my bp bottoming out or something.

Dance- so glad you have finally found a guy you are liking!!? You are also doing so good on eating on plan and sticking to the diet.....such an inspiration!!!!? I need to be more like u!!!!!

Lindy- i hate days like that....here is a story to cheer u up!!!

So i got my tat and everything...so i cant take baths. So im in the shower and im holding my foot out of the water trying to keep the scab from coming off and messing up the color etc. Well im washing my face and my head is under the water....which has a pretty good pressure behind it..... And i feel a tugging at my tattoo! Oh no i think to myself gotta move my arm and body so i dont rip the scab off....... So for whatever reason i decide its a great idea to move my back too.......water rushed up my nose and down into my lungs!!!!! So i am running out of the shower.......onto the bath mat hacking and coughing and snorting water out of my on fire nose and lungs......my dog who has now rushed in to save my life is just staring at me.....once i finally catch my breath and realize hey im not gonna die......... I swear my dog realized it too...... The little @#//%'""??':!!;%;%,,! Cocks his head to the side and smiles and starts panting....looks just like he is laughing at me!!!!!! Yes my dog smiles....its the oddest thing hes almost human! But yes.......only Vanessa can almost drown in the shower all by herself....i think i need to wear floaties! Lol

Hope yall have a good day!!!!

luckylindy
04-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Nessa - oh my gosh, I was actually laughing out loud like a loon while reading your story. That totally cheered me up, Im not just saying that either, it really put me in a better mood, haha - thanks! I'm sure I would appreciate a trainer like that....a little. I mean, talk about accountability on a whole other level. Since starting with him, have you shrunk any sizes in clothing?

dancerindenver
04-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Nessa - lol at your story! Glad you survived ;)

Lindy - that dentist story is crazy weird - can't believe they didn't want to work on a kid because of her questions. sorry it's a tough day!

I have date #4 with B tonight - curious to see if we still are clicking after a week of phone calls. Will keep you guys posted...

Nessa131
04-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Lindy- that is what is amazing......i can fjt into a 7/8 now but feel less self concious in 8/9's. So he has def. Taken me down in sizes......but weight....drat it...its staying the same!! And believe me....my life is never boring....any time u need cheering up...let me know. That kind of stuff always happens to me!!!! Lol

Dance- thanks...it was a close call for a while if i was gonna make it! ;) lol

So far so good today on food...... Oatmeal with protein mixed in and fish with green beans! Now if i can just hold out the rest of the day!!!! Lol

luckylindy
04-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Hey girls....

I've been doing well with eating but found a new love that I cant shake. Iced Caramel coffee! I am counting it in my daily calories and it gives me th epick me up I need for my workouts on some days but I wish I didnt like it so much, lol. Today I had a McDonalds Oatmeal and one of those for breakfast. I am going out for lunch with a co-worker today and plan on having a veggie burger with bbq beans. My plan is to get a to go box as soon as they serve, split it in half and have the other half for dinner. Finger's crossed this works. I will be skipping the gym today but plan on doing P90x tomorrow evening, so that will cover my 4 workouts for the week.

I know I Have asked this but I cannot retain the information. How many times a week do each of you workout? I am at 2 days for 30 minutes and 2 days at an hour. That is as much time as I can squeeze in right now.

dancerindenver
04-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Iced caramel coffee sounds dangerous but yummy! I seem to do better not having sweets at all as once I start, I find it hard to stop (and I know exactly where that gets me!).

I run for 30-40 min or walk for an hour 4-5x/week unless work gets extra crazy or I have an event to go to.

So, date #4 went great and I'm looking forward to seeing him again tomorrow night ;) It's so nice to be having fun with a new guy and to be completely over my ex!!

Working from home today (yay!) and planning on a run in the sunshine at lunch....

luckylindy
04-11-2013, 12:38 PM
That's awesome Dance...and the fact that you knew him before makes it that much better. :-) Very happy for you because dating can be sooooo stressful at times. I remember there were days where I was like "I love being single" and others where I was SO over being single.

Thanks for the exercise info. I am trying to find my "sweet spot". I am also anxious to hop on the scale but am trying to stay true to not doing that. I would like to see where just using my clothes as a weight measuring tool takes me.

Nessa131
04-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Dance- i completely understand......once i start on sweets......its over.....i cant stop and i crave it.more and more!!! If i have a bad day (like super bad) ill end up eating something sweet.....i wish j could learn to run instead! Lol

Lindy- i train with jason (super hard core) 3 times a week and i really try to do cardio the other 2 days. But forsure 1 day of cardio.

Well it has been a really long day.....i thibk im going to bed early!!!! Talk to yall tomorrow!

dancerindenver
04-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Hey gals!
Went out with four of my best girlfriends (besides you guys!) for dinner last night and had a blast. Had a yummy caesar salad (no croutons) with chicken and didn't feel deprived at all. Still at 154 today - no progress in the last week but I'm okay with that - I'm calling it a maintenance break ;)

Date #5 with B tonight - I'm fighting a little bit of a cold so that's a bummer but looking forward to hanging out with him.

What's everyone else got on for the weekend?

dancerindenver
04-13-2013, 09:01 AM
Morning ladies! Finally down two pounds to 152 and it looks like I have a new boyfriend :) Life could be worse ;)

burgundyrayne
04-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Omg, just posted a long post and lost it, gonna try again.

Dance-so happy for you, have fun. You are almost to 150, that has to be exciting.

Lindy-i can't believe that dentist did that, of course a child is going to have questions. I love mocha frappucinos. I had to stop getting the ones from burger king, the calories were outrageous. Sometimes I drink the bottled Starbucks vanilla light frapps(100 cals or I have vanilla iced coffee for my keurig. I like the nonfat iced latte with sugar free vanilla syrup(60 cals) at mcdonalds. I've been trying to workout everyday. I walk, do wii fit plus, or your shape on Xbox. I ran a little on my walk in the snow today.

Neesa-your story made me lol. Your trainer sounds tough. I need more discipline like that, sometimes;)

I've been doing good with eating and exercise. I'm trying to burn 500 calories a day but can only go by what the Xbox or wii says. I need to invest in a good heart rate monitor.

Thursday was the last day of the soup kitchen. A few of us are going in on Monday to clean the kitchen from top to bottom and have a little party afterwards. I'm gonna have to find something different to do during the summer. I've been thinking about going to school to become a certified nursing assistant.

My sister in law and her kids stayed with us last night and gonna stay here tonight. We had an ice storm a few days ago and a lot of people around here lost power. Luckily we didn't. Gonna go workout, instead of waiting til 9 or 10 at night. I walked/ran a mile today and did a little on wii fit plus. Around 300 calories to go.

dancerindenver
04-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Burgundy - love your burn 500 cal/day plan - that sounds great!

Struggling with a cold today - Ugh! Don't think I'll make it out to exercise - too busy sniffling and trying to finish taxes.

All good with B, the new guy - we've got so much in common, it's almost spooky. It's so nice to be feeling better about my body - I don't think I would have had the self-confidence to date at all without having lost this weight.

I'm thinking I need to start doing some weights to get toned - I know I keep saying it and not doing it but I'm thinking I'm ready - at least I will be once I'm over this cold. So impressed with all the crosstraining you girls do!

luckylindy
04-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Hey girls!

Let me just say woohoo Dance - the dating sagas are over and you can be comfortable with one guy. I am incredibly happy for you! And congrats on another 2 pounds down!

Burgundy - good plan. Maybe you can incorporate your free time with your weight loss efforts and take some nutrition classes or something? A nursing assistant sounds pretty gratifying as well. Have you hopped on the scale lately?

I have been avoiding the scale but for ticker performances I plan on hopping on Friday. Will be interested to see what's going on.

dancerindenver
04-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks, Lindy! Just heard from my ex and we're going to do our final exchange of stuff next week and I'm not even remotely upset - just glad to be getting some basement closet space back ;) Weird how things change.

Curious to see how your ticker looks on Friday - I'm sure it will be good!!

No exercise again today and staying home from work waiting for my cold to go away. Hope I can get back with the program in a few more days...

Hope you all are doing well.

macyme2013
04-15-2013, 03:43 PM
I've been about 25 lbs overweight for the past 11 years and I have never been able to come close to my goal weight. This is my first attempt at online tracking and I am hoping with everyone's support I can do it. Anything to encourage me and get me started would be great.

Nessa131
04-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Dance congrats on tbe scale and the new bf!!!! How exciting!!!!

Lindy cant wait to see how your doing on the scales!!!

Burgundy the nursing assistant sounds awesome!!!

Macy welcome....we have a great group here!!!! Tell us more about you.

Well for me..... Epic fail weekend and i thought i did good! Lol it was such a pretty weekend so the hubby and i did yard work most of the day saturday. Sunday was house work day. But we grilled out most of the weekend. I ate small portions but appearently all pork is bad. They dont sweat so it is alot harder for ur body to digest it and it makes u retain water real bad. Not to mention all the salt in the seasonings....... Oh well..... I went from 171.2 on friday to 177.0 on monday. How in the world is tgat even possibke?????? Lol but after my workout yesterday im at 174.6 this morning. So hopefully ill be back down by the end of tge week and i wont screw up this weekend! It would be so much easier if the hubby would just jump on board!! Lol

luckylindy
04-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Nessa - oh noooo. Who knew pork was so bad??? I mean, I know they always say fish and chicken but pork would be my "next best thing" to go to instead of red meat. Interesting. Thanks for sharing that bit of info, lol.

Macy - welcome! We have an awesome group of girls. We have stumbled, we have failed, we have been successful, it just takes a good support system to get through it all. What is your game plan?

Dance - duh-duh-duh-duhhhhhh (think weird creepy music, lol) You HAVE to tell us how the swap goes. I wonder if he is going to say anything. Who's idea was this? What is going on the DBF...ha, ya like that?!?! I called him the DBF! :-)

Got in a killer interval run yesterday and today, pretty excited. I ran at a 5 speed on the treadmill and switched to 3.5 for 30 minutes straight. I am also accurately calculating my calories burned by taking my average heart rate and plugging it in to a formua. It seems I burn about 230 in 25 minutes doing that exercise so I like it. The weather is getting warmer here so I will likely start swimming soon. I absolutely LOVE swimming, the only problem in the past is when I swim, I am starving after, like, my stomach hurts because I am so hungry so I have to be careful. When I swim I get a great amount of toning to my body. Friday is quickly approaching, cant wait to post for you girls. I will then lay low again for a while and probably wait another month or so to hop on the scale. But it is only fair I have my ticker accurate.

dancerindenver
04-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Lindy - you are such a hoot! The swap will probably happen while I'm at work (since he's still an unemployed loser at the moment and has lots of free time) so I won't even see him at all. He sent me an email asking if he could drop off a box of my stuff and I asked him to wait until next week and I'd make sure all of his stuff was waiting on the porch so we could get it all taken care of at once - that's it. No drama really ;) Not sure I'm ready for the dbf title just yet but I might be coming around to it. He has his daughters this weekend so I think I'll probably only see him Thursday night this week but that's just fine - I have lots going on at work and need some time to recover from this cold.

Sounds like you are doing awesome with your workouts - intervals are such a great thing to do. Looking forward to seeing your ticker progress - can't believe you're patient enough to wait a month in between weighings!

I have a botox appt tonight after work and a highlights appt this saturday. Maintenance takes so much time and effort *sigh* What do you girls think of my adding caramel highlights? My hair is usually auburn but it's probably more brownish at the moment as the red has faded. I know the 'dbf' has always had a thing for blondes - is it too weird to add some lighter highlights and see how that looks? I'm in the mood for a change, I think.

Nessa131
04-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Lindy oh my gosh. I had no idea pork was so bad!!! The trainer said lean white meat.....well heck pork is white when its cooked.....honest mistake! ;) lol but yeah fish and chicken are best according to him! That is awesome that you have a formula that figures all of that!

Dance- i love caramel highlights. I say if thats what u want- go for it! Being beautiful takes alot of our time doesnt it? Lol

Wow....what a workout today.... I think i sweated more today than yesterday....maybe that means a bigger loss!! Lol he has us to 3030's on the treadmill (no slower than 9.0 and he prefers 10.0 on the speed) and man i know it burns some serious calories but omg.........i have NO energy after them. And he always makes them the 1st exercise! Lol and he was seriosuly hard core today. If we stopped before he called time...... We started over with another 20 seconds!!!!! He was also yelling if it were easy everyone would have a 6 pack! Believe it or not.....it is motivating some people would not like his methods but it works for me! Lol and he started talking about sweet potatoes today.....i was like whoa whoa whoa...........we are allowed sweet pot??????? He was like yea at lunch it is the best carb you can put in your body........i went straight to the store....i did not pass go.....i did not collect 200 dollars.....i went there and bought some (4 enough for the whole week) man......i thought i was in HEAVEN at lunch!!!!!!!! Of course no butter sugar etc....but omg.........that sweet pot was the most amazing morsle of food i have ever had!!!!!! Lol

I hope you ladies have a great day!!!!!

luckylindy
04-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Nessa - you are so flippin funny. What are 3030's? I am so interested in what your trainer does with you because I am hoping to incorporate some of it in my gym time, so share away. :-)

Dance - I totally love the idea of caramel highlights! I think you would carry it well and heck, summer is coming so there is no better excuse to do it than that reason alone. If you do end up doing it, you must post pics. Botox...for what? I know this is crazy but I have seriously debated botox, yes, even at my age. I have the furrough brown line in between my eyes and it makes it look like I am always angry. People tell me that all the time and I have debated getting botox there to avoid it. I just dont know though. Is this your first time or have you done it before?

Nessa131
04-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Lindy- Oh i come back to the office every day and type up what we did so i have it with a description in case i have to stop using him for whatever reason. i can always scan them and email or mail them if u want them all. But we normally start out with 2-5 minutes of warm up on the treadmill he likes no less than 6.5 on speed. Then he will make us do the hard core stuff. Like today was 2 full sets of 3030's. Which is 5 times total of each 30 seconds sprint as fast as u can at the speeds posted above and jump off rest for 30 seconds. When u jump back on for the second 30 seconds you hold on to the bar until you get going then let go. So you dont fall. Then hop off repeat 5 times. Take a 2 min 30 second break and do 5 more. Then if its arm day we will do all kinds of weights..... Rows barbell assisted lift etx. Today he had us do these odd things where you do basically a push up but one handed and the only thing touching the floor is 1 hand and 1 foot. The other hand goes under your chest with a weight and then up to the ceiling. And we always have to do some cardio to keep the heart rate up with the arm exercises. I really have to find the names of the stuff he has us do! Lol he LOVES burpees of all kinds and flutter.kicks and leg lifts. Jumping jacks and jump rope are another favorite. For leg day........he loves the sled and lunges and the dead body drag (his name for the exercise not mine!! Lol but it is basically dragging a boxing bag thing that weighs like 100 + pounds for like 100 yards.) and flipping the bag. And inclining the treadmill as high as it will go 15% i think and walk very fast. Like 3.0 or above. For 10-15 minutes. The last minute. He has us hold onto the bar and run as fast as we can 4.5-5.0 on speed.)

I can go on and on...but dont want to take up half ur screen!!! Sorry if i cant explain atuff very well!!! Feel free to ask any questions ill gladly answer.

Oh he used to like 3030s on the bike (resistance 15) and sprints onbthe bike resistance 15 and get 1/2 mile in under 2 minutes but he says that is for beginners and we are beyond that now! Lol

dancerindenver
04-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, girls! I'll give the highlights a shot this weekend.

I've been doing botox on my forehead and around my smile lines for maybe four yrs now, I think. I ask them for a natural look (not frozen) and it seems to erase the existing wrinkle and prevent the grooves from getting worse. If you decide to give it a try, make sure you find someone a friend strongly recommends - you are too animated a person to have an overly frozen face! It hurts a little but it's over fast and I only do it once every 3 mos roughly.

luckylindy
04-17-2013, 09:02 AM
Thanks Dance! Good to know! :-)

Ok, so I have to pick your girls brains. How many calories are you consuming a day (roughly). I think I may be consuming too few.

luckylindy
04-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Thanks Nessa for all the info. Yes, can you please email me your information? It's iceprincess1921 at (the email address that starts with a y) If I type it out, they will block it from you. Does that make sense? lol

Nessa131
04-17-2013, 10:15 AM
Lol. I think i got it Lindy- mine is Nessa131 with the email that starts with an H. Funny how we have to do everything in code!! Lol. Give me a few days to get them scanned and i will email them.......just dont laugh too hard at my descriptions and everything!! Its rather comical looking back at the first bunch of them!!

Well i am down to 173.6 so its getting better. I just have to make better decisions at night. That is when i get super hungry. I eat supper. Last night fish and broccoli. Then i was starving by 8 so i had a small bowl of raisin bran. One day..... Lol

dancerindenver
04-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Lindy - I think I'm usually in the 1200-1500 range but I'm older and less muscular than you so I probably need a few hundred less than you. Where do you think you are these days?

In a good mood tonight for no apparent reason - making a big pot of chicken tortilla soup (without the tortillas) and catching up on laundry - not usually my idea of a wild and crazy evening but for some reason I'm having fun with it ;)

luckylindy
04-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Dance - since I am eating "clean" 5 out of 7 days a week and then indulging a little on the 2 off days, I am at 1200-1300 calories a day and 1900 on my off days. Im a little nervous to get on the scale now because I put on a dress that use to be tight on me thinking it would fit and I could not even fit in it. :-( I would be pretty upset if I have no lost considering my level of exercise and healthy eating. We will see. I have my final essay to write today so I have to work on that, will try to catch up later.

dancerindenver
04-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Lindy - that sounds like a reasonable amount. Don't put too much weight on how one dress fits - clothes are so quirky - I had some things go from being too tight to too loose practically overnight. Good luck with the essay!

My new guy is coming over tonight for dinner which should be fun and then I won't see him again for a week as he has the girls Fri-Tues. Kind of strange for me but maybe I'll get used to it. Almost done with this cold - hoping to get in a run or a walk after work tomorrow and get back into the exercise groove. Hope you all are doing well...

Nessa131
04-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Hey every one!!!! Man the trainer was killer today too!!! I had no makeup left when i got done!!! Lol work has been crazy and im headed out to do a few setups now. I just wanted to check in.

And i honestly dont know how many calories i take in. I drink a protein shake in the morning like 75 cals. Then lunch is salad and like 2 oz turkey or chicken and if im super hungry a sweet pot. And supper is normally fish or veggies green beans or salad.

Then the last few days i have snacked after supper. 1 cup raisin bran.... Milk drained before tge spoon goes in my mouth.

Nessa131
04-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Well i had my.first snack free night.last night!!!! Yea!!!!! And my vitamix mixer came in so i should be able to have my smoothie onbthe way to work instead of stabbing a spoon into a frozen mess! Lol

I also measured my stomach today and from july 2012 until today which is really from jan. 2013 to now cause i wasnt really trying back then......i have lost 10 inches in my stomach!!!! Talk about motivation to not screw up this weekend!!!! Lol

Hope yall have a great day!!!!

dancerindenver
04-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Nessa - 10 inches??? That is incredible!! Way to go!

Another great evening with the new guy last night but I won't get to see him again until thursday of next week - bummer. Not focused on the scale at the moment (still waiting for this cold to be gone) but am looking forward to getting back into my normal groove this weekend. Highlights tomorrow - I'll post pics after if I like the way they turn out ;)

Nessa131
04-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Cant wait to see pics dance!! I bet it looks good!

Well so far so good for me for food etc. We are headed to see family.now so i prob wont eat anything or if i do it wont be much so today should be good. And well i hope its the same tomorrow!!!
Yall have a great weekend!

burgundyrayne
04-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Hey ladies, finally got the ticker back to 50 lbs gone. Happy about that. Now I gotta get it moving even further. Seems like this is always the point I get to then I gain some back. Not this time.

I'll do personals tomorrow or Monday. Hope y'all are enjoying your weekend.

dancerindenver
04-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Burgundy - congrats to getting back to 50lbs down!! What's your next short-term mini-goal?

I don't think I'm going to make mine of 150 by 5/1 - I'm a little scared to get back on the scale after a week of comfort eating (and minimal exercise) to get over my cold. I imagine I'm up a few. Got in a good run yesterday though and am going to try to get some exercise tonight or tomorrow morning. We're getting yet another late spring snowstorm here - aargh! This is not helping with my exercise routine!

I was in kind of a funk yesterday (I think I'm still processing some stuff with my ex and it probably didn't help that the new guy was too busy to chat most of the weekend) but I think I'm over it now. How were your weekends? Everything good with you guys?

ETA - forgot to mention that I like how the highlights turned out - I tried to take a picture with my phone but it turned out awful. Will try again later!

luckylindy
04-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Hey girls!

So I totally forgot to check in on Friday. I was glued to the tv about the happenings in Boston and had to finish my final essay this weekend so it slipped my mind. I also forgot to hop on the scale. Grrrrr. I had a HORRIBLE weekend of eating. We were cleaning out the garage and working on the yard both Saturday and Sunday so I was starving. We ate out breakfast, lunch and dinner in the form of fast food so I dont dare step on the scale today. I am off on Friday but will hop on Thursday and update my ticker (whether I like it or not, lol)

Nessa - 10 inches! Way to go girly! I was talking to the DBF about getting a personal trainer but he told me it wasnt in budget. :-( I will just keep pushing along. I have decided that for every 5 pounds I lose, I am putting $10 into a money jar. That way when I plateau (as I get closer to my goal), I can reward myself with a trainer to push through it. :-)

Dance - sorry you had a case of the blues. Hopefully when you see your guy this week, that will change things. Even better if he goes crazy over your hair. :-D

Burgundy - woot woot, keep that ticker moving girl. You and I are so close to each other, we will keep each other motivated.

Ok, I have a TON of stuff I have to do today and I am SOOOO distracted. I have to catch up. I will check in tomorrow.

Later girls!

dancerindenver
04-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Ugh - just made arrangements with the ex for him to pick up his stuff and drop off mine while I'm away at work tomorrow. Can't wait for it to be done and over. It's weird to think I'll probably never talk to him again.

Cheered myself up with some online shopping - dangerous! Not in the mood for lunch - am eating some sunflower seeds and cuties at my desk as it snows outside :(

luckylindy
04-23-2013, 04:23 PM
That stinks Dance...I thought the exchange was done and over with. Ugh. Have you talked to your new guy lately?

How is everyone doing on food and exercise. Yesterday was a great day and today is another one. I am hungry as all get out with only a couple hundred calories left for the day, grrrr. I will let it surpass and stay on track. Tomorrow is a new day.

Nessa131
04-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Hey everybody!! Its been super crazy at work this week.....ive barely had.time to.make it to the trainer!!! Anywayi did really good on food this weekend amd week so far!!!! Monday morning my scales said 175 and a few minutes ago.....171.8 so i am almost to my.lowest weight. Jason was.concerned because i have done so well and why the scales havent moved. But he thought and asked me is it getting close to "that time" i was.confused at first and then was like ooooooo..... Yes and he was.like shoot im not worried about it then..... Ive trained enough women to know that you will hold approx. 3 pounds of water weight!!!!! Holy cow!!!! 3 pounds?????

Funny story for the day.....because of the trainer mentioning that we can hold so much water weight.....i got the bright idea. ..... I will just get rid of it........ So i took an otc water pill. OMG....bad idea- up all night peeing and all day today having to make pit stops!!!! And as embarrassing as it was......i was doing jumping.jacks at the gym today and ended up dribbeling in myself!!!! Thank God for always or it would have been really embarrassing!!!!!! Lol so word to the wise...... Just let the water come off.naturally!!!!! Lol

And Lindy- i swear.im going to scan and send those workouts but were spent the weekend at my familys house 2 house 2 hours.away! But there are 39 days so far worth of workouts.... So maybe those will get you by until yoi hire yours. Believe me i know how expensive they are......thank goodness the hubby is finally on board with it and we have been able to come up with the money every month.

burgundyrayne
04-23-2013, 11:03 PM
OK ladies, I keep getting so behind. I'll just catch up on this page:-)

Dance-sounds like things are good with the new guy. At least your ex is getting his stuff while you aren't home. I've been with my hubby since I was 18 so. I'm not much help with this stuff. Are you feeling better after your cold. Are you sick of snow yet? I know I am. Its all gone here and been raining all day, maybe we won't get anymore.

Lindy I know you asked about calories. I don't really count calories. I'm just eating healthier and less. Except today, I think I had too many carbs. Once you update your ticker Thursday, you will probably blow me out of the water.

Nessa-to inches is incredible. I want to check my inches but I lost my tape measure. I'll have to search for it. You are doing great. You have some funny stories.

My anniversary is in a month and we are going to comicon in Detroit. I'm gonna meet Norman Reedus(hopefully, Daryl Dixon, who's jealous). I'm gonna stick to plan and would love to get down to 180. We'll see what I can do.

They boys mom texted me yesterday to see if I could come over and stay with them thursday after they get off the bus til next morning. This is the first time in over a year since I've kept them. They're dad backed out of taking them a day early. Oh well, it gives me a chance to see them.

luckylindy
04-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Nessa- you crack me up. I could totally see myself hanging out with you if you were closer. So happy things are going so well and you were able to see a "whoosh" on the scale!

Burgundy - you can totally get down to 180! Comicon is coming here on May 19th and we want to go too. It is also coming on May 18th but we already planned a day at the beach.

Ok, girls, I am super excited to update my ticker. I hopped on the scale and I am officially at 180! woot woot. I probably will hold off on getting on the scale for another month. It is exciting to see a "whoosh" when you didnt think you were going anywhere. So hopefully that will happen again. I would like to lose another 3 pounds in the next month. Hald a pound to a pound a week seems good to me.

dancerindenver
04-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Lindy - contrats on 180!!! woohoo!

Burgundy - 6lbs in a month is a lot but it certainly wouldn't hurt to try - it's so great to have an event or a trip as a motivator.

Nessa - sounds like you are doing great! Good tip on avoiding diuretics - your stories are so funny...

All is good here - went to a belly dance class on tuesday and will start doing that every week now I think - I loved it and it was nice to being doing something just for me, if that makes sense. Am seeing the new guy tonight (finally!) and hopefully will see him lots this weekend - we'll see. The last time I got on the scale (2 days ago?) I was up a few but I'm hoping I'll get that back under control over the weekend with lots of exercise and eating clean. I think it's water weight from extra carbs that snuck in while I wasn't feeling well. Doesn't look like I'll make my 5/1 mini-goal of 150 but if I can just hold 152, I'll be pretty happy for now. I bought some True Religion goal jeans that will require me to lose another 5-10 but I'm okay with that taking a loooong time to get to ;)

What's everyone got planned for the weekend?

Nessa131
04-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Burgundy- i want to go to comicon so bad!!! Im soooo jealous!!!!

Lindy- i wish we were all closer so we could plan a get together!! I think it would be super fun!!! I wish i could see a bigger whoosh....but ill take every little bit i can get! I would love to seebthe 160's i have been so close for a while!!! And congrats on 180!!!!!!!

Dance- belly dancing sounds so fun. I bet it hurns a ton of calories too!!!!!!

Nothing major has happened lately. I was just driving along yesterday in the middle of no where trying to find a patients house (with their directions.....) and im from the country.... I grew up on a 400 acre farm. Cattle horses crops the whole 9 yards..... Any way im driving and from a distance i see this big black object with a swollen belly lying on its side...... I start to panic oh no! Someone has a pregnant cow down. I need to find the nearest house and tell them so they can go help her and not lose a cow and calf! I keep driving and get closer.....nope...... Just a dang statue on its side!!! Lol but hey nothing embarrassing so ill take it!!!! Lol

dancerindenver
04-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Nessa - sounds like statue tipping instead of cow tipping!

Had a great time last night with B, the new guy. Am going to see him again on Saturday. I finally understand why we're so food compatible (avoiding rice, starches, etc.) - he's following the paleo plan which is a very close cousin of the primal blueprint (the one that I follow)- too funny. I made cauliflower puree as a substitute for mashed potatoes - super yummy if you're trying to do low carb but miss your mushy starches.

I'm going for a walk tonight with my sis after work and then the whole family is heading out for Indian food to celebrate my niece getting into a super competitive choir - should be fun - and I think I'll be able to stick to plan just fine - no rice, no naan but lots of yummy other stuff.

Planning on a run tomorrow and some sunshine now that the weather has gotten better - looking forward to it...

Nessa131
04-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Hey Everybody!! Just a quick check in- it has been an insane week and the weekend is getting crazier by the minute!!!! well Friday morning and this morning- 168.2. So maybe----I am finally in the 160's for good. I am really trying to do good on eating this weekend so I have a good weigh in on Monday.

Lindy- I emailed all 40 of my scanned workouts. let me know if it came thru. I hope they help you!!

Well I told you all about being the maid of honor in my cousins wedding..... well my sister's boyfriend told me yesterday that he was going to propose toi her. but I have to keep it a total secret and help him with this HUGE plan of how he is going to propose!!!!! I'm super stoked but dang its going to suck having to keep it form her for a month or 2!!!! I have to find out her ring size and what style of gems she likes etc this week so he can have it made for her! So I sent her a text.... OMG I just found the coolest thing on etsy (she is currently obsessed with the site)and I'm gonna me and you one but I need info from you when you get back in town! So I hope I can pull this part off next week without her know what I am really doing. I think I can because God love her....... she never thinks about the obvious stuff!

Well ya'll have a good weekend and I will talk to you all soon!

dancerindenver
04-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Nessa - Congrats on getting to the 160s - that's wonderful!

ETA: Had a great day yesterday - good run and a fun evening with new guy, walking to sushi and hanging out. I don't get to see him again until Thursday though. I'd say our biggest challenge right now is that he's so busy, we don't get much time together. We'll see how it goes...

I'm all nervous as I'm presenting to the board of directors of my company tomorrow - need to practice a bunch tonight. Can't wait for tomorrow afternoon to be over!

Need to get in a run this afternoon - that should help with the presentation stress ;) How are you guys doing?

burgundyrayne
04-29-2013, 08:16 PM
Hey ladies. I posted a 30 day crunch challenge picture on fb today. Lindy is in and so is Vicky(maddiesmom, we need to get her back here). I started today and so did Lindy.

Here is it if y'all wanna join us.
Day 1-20 crunches. Day 16-rest
Day 2-25. Day 17-100
Day 3-30. Day 18-105
Day 4-rest. Day 19-110
Day 5-40. Day 20-rest
Day 6-45. Day 21-115
Day 7-50. Day 22-120
Day 8-rest. Day 23-125
Day 9-60. Day 24-rest
Day 10-65. Day 25-130
Day 11-70. Day 26-135
Day 12-rest. Day 27-140
Day 13-80. Day 28-rest
Day 14-90. Day 29-145
Day 15-95. Day 30-150

burgundyrayne
04-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Stupid thing ran them all together instead of having 2 columns

Nessa131
04-29-2013, 10:07 PM
Hey everybody!!!! Well weigh in was good......i had lost.like 5 pounds from my.last weigh in!!! I guess the food is the key! Lol so im the lowest i have been since starting with him!! Well funny story of the day.......i was running on the treadmill and well im sooooo bad about running too far back on it and i almost went off the back of it. Thank God i felt the roller and jimpped off!!!! Whew it was close!!!

Dance- i love sushi!!!!!! So jealous!!!!!

luckylindy
04-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Hey girls...

Sorry, I had a long weekend and was busy, so didnt get to check in.

Nessa - congrats on all this weight loss, it is time to update your ticker missy! And thank you again for sending me those workouts.

Dance - I have always been intrigued about trying belly dancing but have never done it. I imagine it is great for your core. Were you sore the next day?

Burgundy - I am heading to the gym in a couple minutes, so I will do my 25 for the day there. Excited about this "challenge". I also started the 30 day shred yesterday and since it is only 20 minutes, I am confident I can find time to get it done. I meet my DBF whole family in June, so I am hoping to be nice and slim by the time I go.

Ok, I have to head to the gym, not too much else to report on. Ill catch up with you girls later. My goals is 30 DS every single day. The crunch challenge. And lastly, the gym 3 days a week. 2 days cardio, 1 day weights.

dancerindenver
04-30-2013, 01:32 PM
You guys are hardcore - I could never do that many crunches!

Lindy - yes - super sore in weird places - looking forward to class again tonight.

Nessa - congrats on the losing streak - you are doing so great!

Warm and sunny here today but we'll have snow tomorrow - crazy weather! Hope you all are doing well...

burgundyrayne
05-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Nessa-you better update your ticker. You are doing great. Ive almost done that on a treadmill too, lol.

Lindy-Im excited for this challenge too. Im hoping it really strengthens my abs so I can make it to day 30. Good luck with 30 day shred. I did it in January.

Dance-glad to hear things are good with the new guy. How did your presentation go?

I updated my ticker again yesterday. Im glad its steadily moving now, a little slow but I will take any progress. The sun is shining and its nice and warm today. Gonna get out for a walk later with the dogs and enjoy the sunshine. Gonna head to the beach for a walk down the pier with the hubby in a few. I got 2 more tattoos on Monday on the back of my calves(cute little pink bows) They were sore when I walked yesterday but I made it. Theyre feeling better today, so I can go further. Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

luckylindy
05-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Dance - how did the presentation go? You get to see your guy tomorrow, right?

Burgundy - I saw your tattoos on Facebook, they look super cute. Does your hubby have a lot of tattoos? My ex husband has TONS and my current guy has none. It is so weird that I picked polar opposites. I have some and would love more but they can get pricey.

dancerindenver
05-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Hey girls!

Presentation went great - thanks for asking! Really happy to have it over with...
And yes, get to see the guy tomorrow so that'll be nice.

Burgundy - your tattoos sound great - I'll go check out the pics on fb. And congrats on more ticker progress!

Lindy - how are you doing with your workouts?

luckylindy
05-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Dance - doing awesome. I have stuck with 30DS everyday so far and am doing the gym 3 days a week. I also walk 15 flights of stairs everyday. That is really nothing, but it gives my metabolism a little boost in the afternoon. I am also doing Burgundy's 30 day challenge with abs. The only bad thing is with all this exercise I am definately eating a lot more calories than I would like, I am averaging 1600 a day and was doing 12-1300 a day. I know it cant be too bad because I am burning more calories so it should equal the same but it seems like when I eat anything more than 1500 calories, I cannot lose weight.

Ok, I am babbling, lol. I am going to work now and I will check in later.

dancerindenver
05-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Girls - I need an intervention! I'm falling off the wagon big-time - haven't been on the scale in a week and actually ate a bag of potato chips last night - yikes! I'm planning on an on-plan day today and a run while I work from home this afternoon. I don't know what's got into me, seriously - I worked way too hard to start down the slippery slope to getting out of control again.

I'm going to spend the weekend focusing on getting my act back together...

luckylindy
05-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Hey Dance - I'm sure its a little bit of stress with everything going on. You just have to rope it back in. Since you are so close to your goal, continue with what you have been doing but give yourself 1 day a week a treat. And on that day, double your workout. Consider yesterday your treat day and now you have to stay on track the rest of the week. Also, look into making some zuchini chips to satisfy the craving. What I have started to do was make "to go" meals in plastic containers. Just like when you eat out. I made 3 egg white sanwiches this week and threw them in foil, then heated them up at work. I also made some grilled chicken sandwiches with cucumber and honey mustard dressing, along with some zuchini chips and places that in a styrofoam (sp?) box. Make your healthy options be convenient. You cannot maintain "perfectly" every day but if you say, "ok, I can wait until Saturday to have some chips and a burger" then it is easier to stick to plan the rest of the time.

Breath...and then exercise. Exercise will always offset our mistakes when dieting. :-) You can do this!

burgundyrayne
05-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Dance-lindy had some great advice. Count yesterday as a cheat day and get back to the grind. I'm doing that with today. I had chips and salsa for lunch. We all slip, just don't slide all the way back down the hill. You are almost to 150, just keep reminding yourself you have lost 54 lbs.

After lunch I had what I thought was kidney stone pain for about two hours. I took ibuprofen at 415 then headed to the er around 515. By the time we got there the pain wasn't so intense. I talked to a nurse and she said maybe wait around for a little while and see how I feel. So we did that and I started feeling better. Got myself a Dr pepper and burped a few times lol. So I now I'm thinking it was bad gas, who knows. Just glad I'm feeling better and that its a rest day from the crunches:-) So I'm just taking it easy tonight and will get back to the grind tomorrow.

dancerindenver
05-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Girls - thanks for the timely coaching! I'm back on track - got in a good run yesterday and stuck 100% to plan. Lots of exercise planned for the weekend...

Burgundy - poor you! So sorry to hear you were hurting - internal pain like that is so hard to figure out.

So, I hung out with the guy last night and I'm not feeling as good about things today which is a bummer. We get along great - it's just he has so little time (I won't see him again until Weds) and he's kind of treating us like a secret and that makes me feel uncomfortable. His two best guy friends know about us so it's not a total secret but we have a close mutual friend Sarah that works at his consulting company that I've been friends with for years and is in my book club. He doesn't want me to tell her that we're dating and he won't really say why. Would that bother you guys? I don't think it would bother me as much if I didn't feel like we were already in secret mode from his ex and his daughters who of course don't know anything about me. His sister is in town for the weekend for a visit and it makes me a little sad that I won't get to meet her as they'll spend the whole weekend with his daughters. Anyway, long rant - thanks for listening to me vent. Any advice?

luckylindy
05-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Dance - only because I come from the same angle as he does, I dated with kids, I can give my honest opinion. The only thing I see a problem with is him not wanting to tell your mutual friend Sarah. Everything else seems pretty on pace for how long you have been dated. I usually dont even tell ANY of my friends about a new guy until we have been dating for 3 months. I just dont want the reputation of a compulsive dater. And family...that is a whole other story. If you guys didnt meet on a dating website, if you met at a bar, things might seem fishy but since you guys met through a a valid place, I think he is moving at a perfect pace. It may not be the pace you like but when you have kids you think so much differently. My friends who were single often told me how odd I was for my "timelines" when it came to dating but now some of them have had kids and and are newly single and they come to me and say "I get it." If you are still being hidden after 3-6 month (6 months max), then it is time for a discussion. However, if you feel there could be better opportunities, maybe you should put it in his ear that you should date other people because you miss having company around more frequently. That could either back fire on you, he will be ok with it, or it will put some fire under his butt to maybe be a little more commital. Just my two cents.

Today was a HORRIBLE eating day. I woke up with a tape worm and as of lunch, I have consumed 1900 calories. Fortunately, lunch filled me up and I am hoping to just have some egg whites for dinner and be done with this day. I am still doing my crunch challenge with burgundy so I got in my 40 crunches. Then Ill do 30 DS later today, I walked 15 flights of stairs earlier today and plan on doing it again at 3 pm and am hoping to also do P90x kenpo x to burn off my abundance of carbs.

I will probably check out until Monday so I will see you girls then. Have a great weekend!

dancerindenver
05-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Lindy - thanks as always for the coaching. I'll try to be more patient and see what happens. How's the tapeworm? ;)

Lots of exercise this weekend - run on Sat, rollerblading and walk yesterday. Not great eating though - I need to recommit to my program and follow it super strictly for a while.

luckylindy
05-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Stupid, stupid, stupid doctors scale. Since it is not the same scale as home I am not going to fret TOO much but Im seriously frustrated right now. I had to go to the doctor today to get new birth control and they MADE me get on the scale so they can monitor my side affects. Well, the stupid scale said I was 194! I mean seriously, 194! Now, I know that not all scales are not the same but I highly doubt they are a 14 pound difference. NOW, I did keep track of my calories, even on my bad days and am going to share my total. Monday-Friday I really do eat "clean", a balanced breakfast of egg whites, a meat, and flat outs, lunch is usually salad or something that is not heavy in carbs, dinner is whatever I can keep my calorie range. Sometimes its a grilled pork chop with a side of veggies, sometimes its fish with panko bread crumbs and a salad. Anyway, here is my calorie ranges. I know the weekend was bad. I am still doing Jillian's 30 DS and the gym 3 days a week, as well as the ab challenge and walking the stairs at work 5 times a week around 3. OMG, I am babbling and so frustrated right now because the pounds should be MELTING right now.

Monday - 1576
Tuesday - 1651
Wednesday - 1734
Thursday - 1220
Friday - 1982
Saturday - 2157
Sunday - 2703

Ok, so I know those are high calories but I definately cannot eat 1200 calories with all the exercise. And even if I am not losing, I should not be gaining! Grrrr.

dancerindenver
05-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Lindy - there is NO WAY you are up 14lbs so don't worry about the crazy doctor scale. Sounds like you are doing great with your eating plan - just stick to it and you'll see the results you want!

luckylindy
05-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Ok, I am a little more calm today than I was yesterday. I am just going to ignore the scale (like I have been) and continue to focus on ME. I mean, if anything, I am feeling better so all this healthy eating and exercise is bound to have good results in one way or another. I am on day 9 of 30 day shred and doing well. Level 1 is becoming a cake walk for me so I plan on moving up to Level 2 on Thursday (day 11). I want to do 10 days of each. I also made it to the gym, did a quick 10 minute run, leg workout, and then threw in some burpees for good measure. :-) I also am at 60 sit-ups in me and Burgundys challenge and am doing 10 push-ups every morning when I get out of bed. I figure every little thing adds up in time, right? I am working out more now than I ever have in my life. I actually took some before photos a couple of weeks ago so I am going to take some 10 days photos while on 30 day shred tomorrow morning. If I see any major differences, I will let you know.

How is everyone doing?

Dance - what is going on with you and your guy?

burgundyrayne
05-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Dance-it does sound a little strange that your guy doesnt want to even tell you mutual friend. I can understand with family for now.

Lindy-there is no way you are 194. Scales are all different so just go with yours. Youre clothes were probably heavy, lol. Im still going on the crunches. 60 seemed like a lot today, I cant imagine what day 30 will be like.

My mom is in the hospital in Alabama. She told me not to come right now but its so hard being here. She thought she was having a heart attack but wasnt, thank goodness. Her ekg and blood pressure were good. They are going to do a dye stress test tomorrow. If that comes back good she can go home, if not they will do a heart cath. Dr said it could be angina. We have a trip planned to go down in a little over 3 weeks. I called her twice today and texted my sister all day. Gonna skype with my sister in new zealand at 11. Keep my family in your prayers.

On a happy note, I was down another lb this morning. Thats 11 lbs since February 18th(or 21st, I cant remember) I went to a birthday party on saturday. Did good eating and walked 5 miles that evening. Walked 2 miles on sunday and a mile yesterday along with wii fit plus. I did my crunches today and thats all Ive done. Might hop on the wii before my sis calls to burn a few calories, might relieve some stress from the day.

Hope everyone is well. Ill try to check in tomorrow.

luckylindy
05-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Burgundy - so sorry to hear about your mom. I just said a prayer for her. I have angina and it is awful! THe first time I got it I thought I was having a heart attack as well. If that is what it is, tell her to buy the lemon juice in the freezer section (its made from real lemons); anytime I have an attack I drink that - yes its sour - but it gets rid of it within minutes. Also, walking helps.

Congrats on another pound down! I am so happy for you. What are you eating these days? I did 65 sit-ups today and by far today was the hardest day. I like this challenge though, its not "too much." After this one, we should try something else like squats or push-ups?

burgundyrayne
05-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Lindy-thank you. I will let her know about the lemon juice if its angina. I did see a 30 day squat challenge. We could try that.

Mom is feeling better today. They did the stress text, now its just a waiting game with the Dr. He told her it will probably be late when he comes to see her.

Nessa131
05-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Burgundy- i hope your mom is getting better. And congrats on another pound down!!!!

Lindy- dont worry about those scales. My trainer told me that if you weigh first thing in the morning (which i do every morning) that it will always be lower than b4 u work out etc. I always weigh about 2.5-3 pounds heavier from 7am (my.weigh in) to 11 am(his weigh in for me) and then towards the end of the day i will weigh another 1 pd or.so heavier (unless i have worked my butt off then im less) so i wouldnt worry too much. And i even went thru like a 3 week pleateau and i went on an eating binge (cookie dough) and i was pmsing and once.that horrible week was over..... Big whoosh!!!!!! Then a .4 gain this week!!! It happens!

Dance- wish i could help with the man situation.... But ive never been there so i wont even try! But kudos on the working out and your losses!!

Well so far i have had some awesome workouts and made some new.friends so that was good. I was down to 168.0 tonight. Now to just keep it that low!!! And well today....i go into a patients house....he has fallen trying tobget out of bed. He is like 400 plus pounds and there is no way i can physically help.him up. He is also naked as a jay bird. I brought his wheelchair over to see if he could help himself up. He couldnt. He was cussing me a blue streak and i ended up having to call 911 for help. Well.... They answer....911 what is ur emergency....can you hold please? What?????? R u serious??? They finally cane back on the line and got help out there. But holy cow.....what a start to the day!!!!! And thank God i did not see his junk!!!!!! Lol that is the short version! Our new boss seems ok right now. And he doesnt seem to.mind me using my lunch to work out so thats nice! Hipefully he wont change we shall see!!! Well i have a super busy weekend.....friday my sis graduates from college. Saturday i was suppose to spend with my mom but she has other stuff to do so im going out with my mother in law. Then sunday we are going to my mother in laws. So i hope to be on here more but may not be until next wekk! Hope yall all have a great mothers day if i dont get back on here!!!

dancerindenver
05-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Burgundy - what's the latest on your mom? Heart stuff always sounds so scary - hope you're hanging in there okay.

Nessa - yikes - sounds like a tricky patient situation!

Lindy - I'm so impressed by your workouts - you go, girl!

I've been out of touch for a few days at an offsite meeting. Looking forward to hanging out with the new guy tonight. Also, hoping to get recommitted to the program and get lots of exercise this weekend. I'm going to consider this a bit of a break and see if I can get focused again *sigh*

TGIF!

luckylindy
05-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Dance - maybe this off week will help your metabolism rev up for a whoosh. That happened to me when I lost the weight the first time.

p.s. - I am down in my original jeans before I gained this 20 pounds. The scale said 185 today (my scale) so I am up again but I am wondering if it is muscle. I did before and after pics and there is a MAJOR difference so I have now decided I am not longer going to be a prisoner to the scale. :-D My clothes and the pictures show it and that is all that matters.

I have a busy weekend planned so I will catch up with you girls on Monday.

dancerindenver
05-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Lindy - woohoo for fitting onto your skinny jeans!

burgundyrayne
05-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Dance-my mom got to come home from the hospital on Wednesday. All her tests came back good so there is nothing wrong with her heart. The Dr said it could have been allergies. I guess the allergens can make your throat and chest swell feeling like a tightness so she thought she was having a heart attack.

I have a busy day ahead. Church at 1, then a graduation party after and a mothers day BBQ after that. I'm taking a big salad so I can stick to plan. I'll check in and do more personals tomorrow.

Lindy-how are you doing g on the crunch challenge?

luckylindy
05-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Hey burgundy - doing great! I have done every day, then Saturday was my rest day and I was suppose to do it Sunday but was SO sick. I think I ate something bad at the theme park so Sunday was the first day I missed BUT I resumed the schedule today and got in 95 crunches. I also missed 30 day shred Saturday and Sunday but Im not too concerned. I am going home for lunch today to make sure I get it in because we are having a bbq tonight and do not want to miss anymore days. I may also start rollerblading a couple days a week so I can really tone for my vacation in a month. We will see.

How was everyones weekend? Mine was super busy but fun. I only work 4 days this week because I am a chaperone on Gabriella's field trip on Friday. Yay to a short work week!

dancerindenver
05-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Lindy - I wished we lived around the corner so that we could go rollerblading together! Such good exercise...

So, things are not so good with new guy unfortunately. Not quite sure what's going on but we didn't end up getting together this weekend at all. We hung out for a while on Weds night but he told me he was struggling with gout which is like inflammatory arthritis in your foot so he went home early and was looking forward to getting an rx filled by his doc so that he could get better. We talked on the phone on thursday night after touching base via txt during the day and all was fine - he was hoping to sleep better that night and was funny and in good spirits on the phone. I knew he was going to finish work on friday around 3pm and we had plans to get together that night. I suggested on thurs night that he take a nap when he got home on friday to catch up on missed sleep. On Friday, he left me a msg saying that he was starting a nap around 4pm and would call me in a few hours. Didn't hear from him again that night. Turns out he slept until the middle of the night so it would have been too late for him to get in touch. Didn't hear from him all day Saturday (weird, right?) until he called after I texted at 5pm asking if he was feeling better. He was cranky and groggy on the phone and did not want me to bring takeout over or anything. So, he said he'd touch base on Sunday (yesterday) and we left it at that. No contact yesterday at all. I texted him around 10 last night hoping that he was feeling better and that he had had a nice time with his mom and that I was going to bed. No reply (although it's possible he went to bed early) and nothing so far today and it's now after lunch. Very strange behavior. Either it's over and he's lost interest or he becomes a completely other (kind of yucky) person when he's dealing with anything medical. Neither is good but I guess it's better to find out early. Any advice?

On the positive side, got lots of exercise and sunshine this weekend and had fun with family and friends. Am heading to Philly for work until Thursday so it'll be nice to be out of town with something different to think about for a few days...

luckylindy
05-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Dance - my advice is to give him space. I am a firm believer that distance can make the heart grow fonder and if it doesnt, then it is just not meant to be. It is not easy but I think you should now sit back and wait. And if he questions you at all why you havent contacted him, dont make it a game and say "because you didnt contact me", just say you've been swamped with work or that you have been busy getting into a new workout routine. Take the focus off him. *sigh* I hate that dating has to be a game but this is what I had to do for 3 years. And every guy liked me but it was only the ones that were absent minded that I liked a lot. Have you thought about maybe resuming dating other people again? Just to keep your mind off of him?

How is the healthy eating going?

Nessa131
05-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Hey everyone!!!!! It was a super crazy weeke.d and i am totally exhausted. Even my trainer and friends at the gym noticed.how tired i was! Lol went to graduation on friday and ate broccoli at the celebratory dinner! Lol saturday turned out to be a flop. My mom went and did her thing my hibby and dad drove 3 hours 1 way to go to cabelas and my sis and her guy brought their new puppy down. Sunday we went to his moms and rushed back so i could help with my sis's surprise engagement!!! It was so funnt because she did not want to come to my house seeing as she just spent all weekend here.so to get her up here.i had tell her i was sick and.might habe to go to the er. I felt so bad. But any who.... His buddies cought up to her on their motorcycles and she still didnt put 2 and 2 together. Long story short.... She called damian (her guy) and told him to tell them to move she had to get to her sister. Lol they escorted her all the way to the exit off the interatate and he was holding a neon pink and green sign saying merry me? She never saw him and one of the motorcycles had to stop to get her to look. And all we saw was damian drop his head....we thought she had said no(i was fixing to kill her! Lol) but all she said was: yelling of course: really ur gonna do this now? I have to get to my sister!!!!! Damian pointed to me and.said there she is......he had to do it twice. She finally looked over and saw me. I just had this goofy grin and waved at her! She got out of the car and yelled at the 3 acomplices i hate u i hate u and i hate u. She pointed at damian and said i love u. He dropped to 1 knee and she accepted! Lol shes of course fine with it now and loves that she has a fubny story. But dang im glad its over!!!! Lol if your on facebook. There are a ton of pics on my page.

Well i drooped for the firat time with my trainer into the 160's!!!!! We were both estatic!!! Very few left........then i just mai.tain! I cant wait for those days!!! Well ladies i hate to not write individuals but im pooped and have to catch up o. Sleep!!!! Talk to yall tomorrow!!!

luckylindy
05-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Nessa - what an awesome story! I love it. I never did friend request you on Facebook. Can you try to find me? I am friends with Burgundy and Dance, its Nikki Lindberg.

luckylindy
05-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Hey girls. It looks like our thread is starting to die off. :-( This has happened in the past so it is no surprise. At least I am friends with all of you on Facebook so I can still keep an eye on all of your happenings. Are any of you on myfitnesspal? Im Not sure if that is going to be blocked because it is soliciting another site so if it does, Ill send you a message on FB. If so, look for me nclindberg That way we can view each others progress and food intake. Even if I dont like what I record, I still record.

Do any of you have Publix's where you live? If so...oh my gosh, they have a new wrap that is TO DIE FOR and is super healthy and low in calories...and ALL VEGGIE! It's in the sushi section, it is called an avocado vegetable wrap.

dancerindenver
05-16-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm back, don't give up on me yet! I was just out of town for work for a few days. Good trip and did pretty well eating and exercising. Went for a run in the park with a buddy and will shoot for the same again tomorrow.

If you guys are up for keeping this going, I am. I need the accountability. I do not want to see my numbers slowly climb back up!!!

Hope you're all doing well..

dancerindenver
05-17-2013, 08:17 AM
Yikes! I'm up to 159 this morning! I hope some of that is water weight that will come right back off quickly. I'm going to stick to plan 100% today and run after work. I'm dying to get back to the low 150s again. I felt so much better about myself then. I wont see new guy until weds - I'm hoping I can be down a few by then.

dancerindenver
05-18-2013, 09:16 AM
Morning, girls! Small progress - back to 158. I'm shooting for 155 again by 6/1. I can't believe I let some boy challenges throw me off plan - that is NOT happening again!

I'm headed out for a run in the sunshine in a little and then over to a friend's house to help her pack up her kitchen before a major remodel. Should be a good calorie burning day.

burgundyrayne
05-18-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm still here and will continue to post here just been busy. We went to Detroit today. I met Norman reedus, if you haven't seen on fb, lol. Its our anniversary. I'll post more tomorrow

luckylindy
05-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Hey girls! Glad to see everyone is still checking in. I will continue to report in here, as I see everyone else doing the same. I am exceptionally tired today and am struggling to do ANYTHING, this includes work. I have no idea why either because I got a good nights rest. Oh well. I havent hopped on the scale but I am feeling so good these days in my clothing and swimsuit so I dont really care. I took off from 30 day shred Saturday and Sunday because we were on the beach. I am resuming it today and dont plan on taking off anymore days until my vacation. Then I will be off from it for 8 days. I do plan on doing a lot of walking and continue with the ab challenge and squat challenge so at least I am doing something.

I am also going to throw in one day of rollerblading and one day of swimming a week. I may bump myself up more later on but I am taking baby steps. Is anyone logging their food on MFP? I want to check out what others are eating. I was doing extremely low carb and not losing so I started adding carbs back in. Like whole wheat bread, wraps, etc. Also granola bars.

Ok, Im going to lunch shortly. I will check in later today. Take care.

dancerindenver
05-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Lindy - congrats on feeling great in a swimsuit - seriously, is there ANYTHING better than that? :)

Burgundy - loved the fb pix of you and the walking dead guy - glad you got to see him! I haven't started watching that show yet - am planning on a marathon one of these days when I get a cold or something. You and Lindy make it sound so fun...

All good here - fun chat with the new guy on the phone last night and we are finally getting together in person on Weds (after two weeks of not seeing each other). Not sure yet how busy he'll be over the long weekend but I have all kinds of ideas of how to occupy his time if he lets me ;)

Got tons of exercise this weekend and looking forward to keeping it going this week. Will walk to dinner tonight to meet some friends - should be fun.

Hope you guys are doing great...

Ex has been in touch way too often recently (and wants to be friends *again* whatever that means since we weren't ever just friends in the past) but I kicked him to the curb rather firmly with a don't contact me at all until at least November email and then we'll see. Looking forward to the absence of distractions on that front.

luckylindy
05-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Dance - so proud of you that you are sticking to your guns with your ex. The problem with ex's is they only come around when you are happy in another situation, its like they have a radar that goes off. Just remember, he was meant to be your ex, especially after your trip. Keep us posted on how things are going with the new guy. I gained so much of my weight once I got into the relationship with my now boyfriend. I got comfortable and stopped working out (because I wanted to spend time with him) and we were dating so we ate out a lot. I think a lot of relationships are like that. Just stay on track the best you can and offset your shortcomings with a good workout.

I hopped on the scale today at it said 189! Can you believe it?! Ridiculous. But I am now wearing size 10 pants and dresses so that stupid scale is just that...stupid, lol. I still eat pretty healthy and average 1300 a day with 1800 on weekends. Certainly not enough to GAIN all this weight so I finally get the concept that muscle weighs more than fat.

burgundyrayne
05-22-2013, 12:42 AM
I bought a pair of size 10 shorts today. Need to lose a couple more lbs cause they are a little snug but not too bad. So exciting.

luckylindy
05-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Woohoo Burgundy! Isnt it funny how we are still in the 180's but getting down to size 10's?! I love it.

Well girls, I am really excited to report that the kangaroo pouch that you get after having a baby, the kangaroo pouch that I have had for the past 12 years since I had Gabriella, the same kangaroo pouch that was still there at my lowest weight is now GONE! Yes GONE! I am beyond excited. When I return from my vacation in early June, I am going to look into another one of Jillian Michaels DVD's and do that. I mean....20 minutes a day and I have gotten extreme results in under 30 days. I am quite amazed and have every incentive of keeping with the program.

dancerindenver
05-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Burgundy - happy dance for size 10s!!

Lindy - wooohooo for no pouch - that's awesome!!

Really nice job, ladies - I'm impressed!

Sticking really carefully to plan here and exercising like crazy and am down another regained pound today - still around 5 more to get down to my low point of 152.

luckylindy
05-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Hey chickadees! I'm gonna check in one last time before the long weekend. The scale hasnt really been moving but the inches are so I have stopped counting calories and am just eating within reason. I wanna see how this goes. I think I may have been eating two few calories for the amount of exercise I was doing so I wanna test out 2 weeks of not counting and see what happens. On a super positive note, my friend and I went shopping at Old Navy and I bought a pair of size 10 shorts! Not my stretched out size 10's but a brand new pair, which means I am now the same size that I was when weighed 170, except I am 188! This is so crazy. But I am so happy.

We have a lot planned this weekend so I will catch up with you girls on Tuesday. Hope everyone is doing well.

Nessa131
05-24-2013, 04:24 PM
Hey everybody!!!!!! I have been so busy lately. Being maid of jonor at 2 weddings with dates about 2 months apart is a lil streasful! Lol my scales are down to 166.6. I cant wait for.my scales to read in the 130's or 140's!!! And to get rid on my kangaroo pouch!! And ibhavent had a kid....... Jusy fat! Lol

I was so pumped after my workout yesterday that i went running at home....... Messed my ankle up tripping over a dang rock i guess! Irs a long but funny story....now im just praying it heals b4 tuesday!! Lol but if ur friends with me on facebook...... U know all of this!!!!!

I have a super busy weekend ahead with davids bridal appointments with both the brides and cookouts and family and my hubby wants to go out on a date....... Should be fun fun! Lol

Hope you all are doing well!!!!

burgundyrayne
05-27-2013, 09:28 PM
I ate way too much today and am so bloated. I am going to do a fast tomorrow to get rid of the bloat. The scale was up a couple lbs from yesterday so I'm hoping tomorrow will change that. We leave for Alabama on Sunday so I'm hoping to be down a lb or two by then. Gotta work hard this week.

Did everyone have a fun holiday weekend?

dancerindenver
05-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Hey girls!
Lindy - congrats on the size 10s -that's great!!

Nessa - 166 - that's wonderful - good for you!!!

Burgundy - I'm sure you'll turn it around tomorrow and get where you want to be by your AL trip!

Nothing too exciting here - didn't get to see new guy all weekend (long story - his bff is leaving for a year to work on a base in Afghanistan and his departure got delayed - somehow this meant our plans falling through) - bummer! Got lots of exercise though.

Hope you guys are doing well!!!

luckylindy
05-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Hey chickadees!

Nessa- congrats on your loss! I saw several of your pics on FB this week and you look amazing!

Dance - if your guy keeps putting things off, I would consider putting him off a bit as well. You have to let him know these constant cancellations are not acceptable but without REALLY letting him know. In turn, show him that you have a life and give him a taste of his own medicine. How are you doing with your eating and working out?

I've been taking 2 days off a week doing the 30 day shred and am still seeing results so I am ok with it. I am hoping to lose a couple of extra pounds this week in preparation for my vacation. I know I will put on a few pounds so I want to be careful. This memorial day weekend was awesome. We went to the movies, shopping, Yankee game, and bbq and pool yesterday. I wish it wasn't Tuesday. :-) This Friday my daughter is having a sleepover, then I am bringing them to the pool on Saturday morning, then I work Saturday evening at the second job. Sunday will be just relaxing and cleaning.

Ok, I have to get some work done. I will catch up with you girls later.

burgundyrayne
05-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Scale said 187 today, grrr, so I did a liquid fast today. I would like to do two days but I'll have to see how I feel tomorrow. Finished out the crunch challenge today, 150 crunches today. Did you finish Lindy??? I'm getting my house clean this week. We've decided to leave Sunday instead of Monday for AL. I'm gonna try my hardest to not gain on this trip. I know that sounds impossible on vacation. I just know I don't want to get back into the 190s.

Nessa-how is your ankle? You look amazing in your pics. I wish my belly was that flat.

Lindy-its so nice to finally be in 10s. I need to lose a few more lbs for them to look a little better but it will happen soon. You look great in the pic you posted of you and the bf.

Dance-bummer about your bf, maybe you will get some good quality time with him soon:-)

luckylindy
05-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Burgundy - I did finish the ab challenge and did not skip a day. I found it quite easy so I am currently doing a squat challenge and plan on pairing the two together to continue on. The squat challenge goes up to 250, I am currently on 150, so I will do 150 squats today and 150 abs (again), then keep going up on both each day. I also him my 30 days on 30 day shred but plan on continuing circuit 3 until next Thursday. I will then show my before and after photos to you guys. I have taken some already and it is insane! I have lost so much.

Keep us posted Burgundy on how your drink fast goes.

dancerindenver
05-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Lindy - can't wait to see the before and afters!!

Burgundy - you can totally do this trip without gaining - can you take over some of the meal planning when you get there?

I'm supposed to have dinner with new guy tomorrow - we'll see if it actually happens ;) - will keep you girls posted. Doing pretty well with sticking to plan - had a few glasses of wine on Sunday at a street fair but otherwise not bad. I'm going for a run when I get home tonight and will exercise again on Fri, I think.

So glad it's a short week!

luckylindy
05-29-2013, 01:22 PM
OMG...OMG...OMG, so I had to go to my doctor today to get blood work and they HAVE to weigh me, well, I hopped on the scale and it said 182! What??? 182! How is this even possible?! I was so anxious to see if the doctors scale was "off" that I took an extended lunch and ran home, and what does my scale say?! 180! I had a whoosh! One **** of a whoosh! I am so beyond happy right now. Changing my ticker stat and owning this HUGE loss! P90x and eating NORMAL, finally agreed with my body!

dancerindenver
05-29-2013, 04:18 PM
:dance: :dance: :dance: Go, Lindy!!!

burgundyrayne
05-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Lindy-the squat challenge is a lot easier than I thought too. I thought it would hurt my knees but so far so good. Whooshes are always awesome. I'm waiting on mine, congrats.

Dance-yea I can plan the meals. My mom was going grocery shopping today but I told her I will load up on veggies when I get there.

I only did the fast on Tuesday but on Wednesday I was back at 184. The scale is right at 184.0, grrr. I hit a low of 183.4 last week but haven't seen it since. Maybe tomorrow. Three days til we leave and I feel like I have so much to do. Gonna finish up my laundry and clean the living and dining rooms. Its starting to storm, maybe I will get a walk in later if it stops.

Nessa131
05-31-2013, 10:18 AM
yall are all so sweet!!!! i guess i still have it in my mind that im huge because i still even at 163.8 feel like i am a cow!!!!! lol. we only trained twice this week due to the holiday so im sure my whooshes are done for a coupke of weeks. my ankle is still tender but im doing what i can in the gym.
and my belly is not flat....i juat wear the right clithes to cover it! lol

well our new manager is running ua to death so i dont have much time to be online anymore. but ill be back on soon and do individulas!!

luckylindy
05-31-2013, 10:25 AM
Burgundy - good job on bringing the scale back down. It took me almost 2 months to a whoosh, its stupid, lol, but when it happens, it will bring you on a new high and you will definately not want to give up. :-)

Gabriella is having a sleepover tonight, and then I work tomorrow. Then Sunday we are celebrating Gabriella's birthday at my grandmothers house with cake and presents. Looking forward to the weekend. Hope everyone has a good one, I will check in on Monday.

OH, p.s. - I hopped on the scale again today to make sure that things were still on the up and up, or should I say down and down...and the scale reflected 177. NOW, yesterday I was so busy at work I hardly had a chance to eat and I wasnt feeling well last night so I am not going to "record" that number unless it stays the same on Friday of next week. Ill keep you girls posted. If this is the case, I will be 7 pounds away from my lowest weight and while I would like to get to 150, a size 8 is really my perfect size so I may have to readjust. :-)

burgundyrayne
06-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Finally after about a week the scale is back down to 183. Had a busy day getting ready to leave tomorrow. We finally got our lawn mower back and our grass is short again. Its the simple things in life that make us happy, lol. Gotta finish loading up the car later. My SIL and the kids are coming over. The twins turn 17 on Tuesday so we got a small cake for them. I'll check in as much as I can while we are gone. I am gonna try my hardest to not gain. Gonna do lots of walking.

Nessa-congrats on 163. That's great and you are not a cow. You are looking amazing.

Lindy-cant wait to see your before and after pictures. Fingers crossed for you that scale stays at 177 or below.

dancerindenver
06-02-2013, 07:23 PM
Nice going, ladies!

Lindy - just saw on fb - such exciting news!!! Will you tell us all the details?!!?

luckylindy
06-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Hey girls!

Yes, obviously an exciting weekend for me. :-) We had Gabriella's birthday party at my grandmothers and ALL of my family was there. All the sudden after we had cake and were just chatting he said "excuse me", everyone turned and looked at him, as did I because he is not one to call attention to himself and as soon as he did he was standing there with a ring and said "will you marry me". I was like "are you being serious", haha...so like me. Anyway, I said yes.

I did a lot of eating this week and when I hoppped on the scale it still said 177 so I am owning that number. :-) It will probably go up a little while on vaca but thats ok.

How is everyone doing with their losses and exercise regimines?

dancerindenver
06-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Skinny and engaged to a great guy! Sounds like your life is pretty good!!!! So happy for you guys, Lindy :)

Things are interesting here - new guy and I are taking a break for the month of june basically - he's been so crazy busy with work and struggling with some health stuff that he hasn't really had any time to get together and he's been feeling bad about how he's treating me. We talked about it when we finally got together on Thurs night and the next day I wrote him an email saying let's just take this month to get focus on other things and see where we are at the end of June. He sounded really relieved - not sure if it will work out but it's nice for me to have a guy-free couple of weeks anyway. I'm planning on a trip to santa fe to visit relatives and a trip to a ranch in tx to visit my bff as well as a few work trips here and there so it will be a busy month. A little bit more ex drama - got another email from him begging me to be friends, get back in touch - not responding to it. *sigh*

Went on a great hike yesterday and am planning on a walk tonight.

luckylindy
06-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Dance - I am really proud of you for staying strong with BOTH guys. It is going to be harder now, more than ever to ignore your ex because now you do not have another male distraction but hopefully all your travel time will keep you distracted. I was reading an article the other day on Yahoo and it said that most long term couples meet during the summer....a result of this is a lot of summer bbq/get togethers. So, get on the bbq bandwagon and start going to every invite you get. :-)

burgundyrayne
06-03-2013, 11:48 PM
Lindy-so happy for you. Yay for the scale sticking.

Dance-enjoy your free time this month and your trips.

I've done more eating than I should on the trip down to Alabama. Ij won't eat like this the whole time. The scale will probably be up from 183 but I will get it back down. We are in Tennessee now. Only a few hours more and we will be there but we are taking our time and enjoying the ride. Gonna grab some fruit and plenty of water in the morning and get on the road. I'll check in in a day or two.

dancerindenver
06-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Lindy - I'm looking forward to hearing about wedding plans - fill us in when you get a chance!

visionbanners
06-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Many dietary strategies have been designed to meet the needs of individuals seeking to lose excess weight. Calorie-restriction strategies are one of the most common dietary plans. Daily calorie requirements vary depending on a number of factors including, age, sex, and weight-loss goals. For instance, nutritionists suggest that at least 1,200 calories should be consumed daily by women to maintain health; men need 1,500.:):):):):):):):carrot::dizzy.

Nessa131
06-04-2013, 04:14 PM
burgundy+ your so sweet!! and im sure even with your trips etc. your weight wont be up too much.

dance- congrats on being so strong with ur guys!!!!

lindy- congrats!!!! ur ring is beautiful!!!!!

well i had a wild and crazy weekend....so the scales were up 3 pounds and i was so close to breaking into the 150's. but its ok i will. just takes time. i trued to run and made it maybe 10 yards... started hobbleig so jason told me to get my butt on a bike. and i know im working hard and burning calories but i just feel i could totally lose more weight if i was running. plus its a de stresser for me. but its ok. you hhve to have one of thise weekends occasionally!!

i hope you are all doing well!! ill talk to yall later!

luckylindy
06-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Hey girls...sorry this is going to be short but I leave for vaca on Saturday and have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. We have a graduation dinner tonight, my hair appointment tomorrow, and a birthday party on Friday night...then I leave Saturday morning at 530 am. We have two girls out of the office this week and I am their coverage, therefore, I am being stretched thin at work and home. I like being this busy but it leaves me with less "free" time to check in.

That being said, I will be checking out as of today and will plug back in with you girls on June 17th when I return. :-)

Cant wait to see the progress that all of you will be making during that time. Good luck! *hugs*

dancerindenver
06-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Lindy - have a great time on your vacation!! We'll miss you but will keep on truckin' around here ; )

I was in a funk for the last two days and went off the wagon a bit but am back on as of this morning. Planning on a run after work and am off to Santa Fe by car this weekend with my mom to visit my aunt. Should be fun!

What's everyone else up to?

dancerindenver
06-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Just got back from Santa Fe and am planning on a run later. How are you guys?

dancerindenver
06-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Pretty quiet around here - hope you girls check in soon!

vatermelon
06-11-2013, 10:12 PM
I'd really like a weight loss buddy!!

dancerindenver
06-12-2013, 01:16 PM
vatermelon - you are welcome to join us! What kind of plan are you following?

dancerindenver
06-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Totally back on plan here (down to 20g carbs/day) and have dropped a few - am back to ticker and am looking forward to getting back to my March low of 152. Went for a great run yesterday and am going for a walk with some girlfriends tonight.

What's new with you guys?

burgundyrayne
06-16-2013, 01:10 AM
Hey girls, I'm still on vacation. We're heading home on Monday. I did gain a few lbs, gotta work hard when I get home to get them off. I'll check in more from the road.

luckylindy
06-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Hey girls!

Back from vaca and up on the scale quite a bit. I am going to give myself on Friday to update my ticker on here. I think I am VERY swollen from a lot of high sodium foods and I tried to avoid going to the bathroom while on vacation because I was with family and am REALLY weird about that. I know it is not good for me but it was only for one week. Point being...now that I can address that issue, I am hoping that helps.

I bought two of Jillian Michaels workout dvds to switch it up since I had such amazing results with 30 DS and plan on starting today. I will let you know how that goes. I am SO behind at work so I will check in tomorrow.

Dance - are you holding ok with being on track? What is going on with the new guy and any word from the ex?

burgundyrayne
06-19-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm back from vacay too and the scale is up. My niece came home with us. We got outside and played today and went for a two mile walk after dinner. I'm gonna get back to ticker weight.

Lindy let us know how you like the Jillian dvds

luckylindy
06-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Hey burgundy -

I am doing 30 day ripped right now and love it way more than 30 day shred. You have 4 levels and switch each week as to not get bored, I like that. The exercises are in line with level 3 on 30 day shred so considering week 1 is "beginner", I know they are going to get harder. There are 2 moves that I have to modify because my knees just cant take it but everything else I do as it states. I also gained a lot of weight on my trip but I really could care less. It will come off when it comes off. I do have a bridesmaid dress that I have to fit in for September but I would say that is only 10 pounds so I am just "listening" to my stomach. When I feel full, I stop eating. I am no longer part of the clean plate club and I like that. :-)

burgundyrayne
06-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Lindy-i have a few of her other DVDs but don't remember which ones. Might have to pull them out. I'm up 4 lbs from ticker. Time to start working out more. I have my niece here so she keeps me on my toes but its nothing like a good workout. We have been walking everyday so at least I'm not just sitting on my butt. my TOM showed up a few days ago so I'm trying not to let that take over. We are planning on going to the zoo and chuck e cheese sometime this week. I'll have to pack some healthy snacks that day.

I have some of my crafts in a little shop here so I have to work there a few days this summer. My first day is Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it. Its nice to have my stuff out for sale and not just sitting in my craft room. I'm hoping its a good summer for the shop. My cousin wants me to send her some bracelets to sell at their business. Its a brake place but she says a they have a lot of women come in. I'll try anywhere:-)

Hope everyone else drops in soon.

burgundyrayne
06-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Down a lb this morning, 3 more to get back to ticker weight

dancerindenver
06-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Nice job getting back on track, burgundy!

Lindy - sounds like you had a great vacation - happy to have you back! And bridesmaids' dresses are such a good motivator - show us a picture of the dress if you get a chance.

Doing okay here - am in the final week of a month's 'break' from new guy - he was getting weird about stuff so I basically said fine, if you need some time to sort things out, take it and let's touch base at the end of june. Well - here we are at the end of june and I have no idea if he'll get in touch. If he doesn't, I'll get back on match and see what options I can come up with. Not really looking forward to that but after a month of not being in touch, I'm much less upset about the whole new guy thing. If it works out, great but if not, I'm officially not in the business of trying to fix broken relationships or broken guys anymore ;)

Just got back from a business trip last week mon-weds and a long weekend at my buddy's ranch in texas thurs-sun so I've been keeping busy which is great. Lots of exercise but not keeping to my low carb count as well as I should. I still fit into my size 8s so I'm not doing too badly though.

Hope all is well with you guys...

dancerindenver
06-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Hey girls! In the process of booking a trip to Thailand in November - so excited! Hoping to go with a buddy but will go on my own if she can't make it. And it will be hot and muggy so I'll be wearing as little as possible which means I'll need to be skinny!

Haven't heard from new guy still :( but in other news a guy that I went on a great date with back in march and then he disappeared off of match is now back on - possibilities...

Going for a walk tonight with a buddy and planning on tillapia and sauteed veggies for dinner. Hope you guys have a healthy afternoon planned too!

luckylindy
06-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Hey girls!

Burgundy - kudos on getting back down. I have not hopped on the scale yet but plan to do so on Friday...I said that last week too but I forgot and then the weekend was rough with eating so I am waiting to lose any bloat. :-) How are you doing with exercise?

Dance - thats what it is all about, trial and error, when it comes to guys. I really hope you hear from the previous one but if you dont, its less time wasted trying to figure out his deal. :-) I am wearing a loose 10 right now so I really cannot wait to get to size 8. I was an 8 in a few pairs of shorts but I looked like a stuff sausage so I will hold off on wearing that stuff in public. :-)

I have been doing Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 for 6 days now and oh my gosh, it is a challenge compared to 30 day shred. I wake up every day sore and I am doing almost everything modified. I am ok with that because I am amazed at my shape. I realized I never updated before and afters of my 30 day shred. I need to write a note to myself so I stop forgetting. My fiance and I are finally in the planning stages of the wedding. I kinda just sat around and did nothing for a while and he was like, ok, what do we want to do here, lol. We are thinking a beach wedding but also the thought of eloping in vegas is very appealing to both of us. We are pricing things out. Nothing will be this year though because we are doing a family cruise in October.

Anyway, I'll catch up with you girls later.

dancerindenver
06-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Still dying to see those before and afters when you get around to putting them up :)

Tell us more about the wedding plans as you start to make some decisions - what do you see yourself wearing? I'm sure it will be gorgeous!

Just got back from a hot run but life is pretty good as I'm working from home today, it's friday tomorrow, and I've just set up an online tutor to learn thai with to get ready for my trip - I'm such a geek, it's ridiculous ;)

How are you girls?

dancerindenver
06-28-2013, 09:26 AM
Mini-whoosh! Back to 156 today and two dates lined up for next week, one with a very funny guy that I had a great time with in our first date back on march (right before I got serious with new guy). He texted me out of the blue yesterday before I even turned my profile back on - anyway, will keep you guys posted :)

luckylindy
06-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Hey girls....welp, time to update my ticker. I unfortunately cannot claim 177, but I can claim 180 which is not bad considering I was eating awful and not really exercising for 8 days straight. :-)

Dance - excited to hear how your dates go this weekend. :-)

All the wedding plans are really up in the air because we both want to do a Vegas wedding but are torn because the kids want a actual ceremony and party, lol. If we do the ceremony, we are pretty set on a beach wedding. We are both beach people, so it is perfect. My dress I have already picked out. It is super simple, kinda mermaidish with beading, lace, and silk. Honestly, it looks almost like nightgown, lol. But thats me. Im not into the big fufifufi dresses. :-p I wont have bridesmaids or ring bearers or anything. We will have our kids stand with us and thats about it. Then dinner is one of two things....either a luau on the beach (Im strongly leaning towards this), or this amazing italian restaurant by the beach which has an outdoor courtyard with huge oaktrees and lights hanging from all of them. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen and the food has gotten stellar reviews. I will keep you girls posted as details continue to come available.

dancerindenver
06-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Lindy - the beach option sounds so good! And 180 on you is better than 120 on a lot of people ;) You are all muscle and have such a good shape as a result.

In the process of setting up a third date - could be interesting. Tentative plans for Sunday, definite plans with the funny guy for Monday and *sailing* plans with a hot new guy for Wednesday evening - that should be very different than my usual first date. Sailing guy called last night and we chatted super easily for at least a half hour - lots of possibilities ;)

Thanks for helping me keep moving forward and not get caught up in the mopes over old new guy... You girls are the best...

luckylindy
07-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Dance - thanks for the encouragement. How did the dates go this weekend? I have to be honest, you are braver than I am because I would not go on open water with a guy I only talked to a coupel times, lol, I guess I have watched one too many lifetime movies. ;-)

All is well in my world and we had a lazy weekend in my house so the end result was isolating the date for the wedding....March 8, 2014. :-) Pretty excited about it all.

dancerindenver
07-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Dates haven't happened yet - one is tonight (with the guy I went out with back in March - should be easy and low stress) and the other with the sailing guy on Wednesday evening. I'm a little concerned about the being on a boat with a stranger thing but it's a small reservoir and I think we'll be within hollering distance of other people the whole time (and it will be daylight). We've been talking on the phone almost every night since thursday - not sure how we'll get along in person but we seem to have the phone thing down. I'll make sure some of my friends know exactly where I am (name of boat etc) and will set up a time that I need to have sent a txt by as extra protection. I know what you mean about the lifetime movies though ;)

Wedding date sounds great - before it gets too hot in Orlando!

Hope all is well...

burgundyrayne
07-01-2013, 11:08 PM
Hey girls. My family is here for two weeks. Eating isn't the best but it is what it is right now. I'm not gaining so its OK. I will def get back on the wagon soon. I'll do personals hopefully tomorrow. Catching my sister up on the walking dead season 3;)

Got a new tattoo today, a birthday present from my hubby. There's a pic on fb

burgundyrayne
07-02-2013, 10:03 AM
OK for some unknown reason I'm down three lbs this morning. I got to 186 on the 24th but then was right back at 187 the next day. Today I was 184. I dont even know how but I will take it.

dancerindenver
07-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Wow, burgundy, that's great!

I'm down a pound today to 155 - am going to see if I can drop a few more aver this holiday weekend.

Have fun out there, girls!

dancerindenver
07-11-2013, 09:07 PM
I'm in danger of falling off the wagon without you girls! Hope you check in soon! :)

burgundyrayne
07-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Dance- I fell off the wagon big time e while my family was here. They left this morning so I'm getting right back on. I haven't been on the scale in over a week. I have a lot of cleaning to do today then I will definitely get a workout in later.

luckylindy
07-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Hey girls...totally off the wagon and waived it goodbye, lol.

Im back on if all of you are. :-)

dancerindenver
07-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Back on and back to 155 - ready to start making progress again!! Ive got a new guy with lots of potential but am taking it slow - will keep you posted ;)

Lindy - tell us more about your wedding plans!

luckylindy
07-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Hey girls....

The wedding plans are all set. We are doing it at an outdoor clubhouse in our community. It kinda looks like an oversized gazebo. We originally were shooting for 60 people but that number has quickly elevated to 80, grrrr. We are going a luau theme so we are both really excited about that. We have a DJ, and it is going to be a complete surprise to our guest that we hired luau performers. It is one hula girl, an mc, and a firedancer, plus TONS of tropical decor including a tiki hut bar. Again...surprise so dont say anything, haha. The only thing that has not been taken care of is my dress but I am waiting until January to get it, as the wedding is March 8th and I am hoping to lose a lot more weight between now and then. I keep showing a friend various dresses that I like and her response on EVERY dress is "your too big for that" ....*eyeroll*....apparantly an 8 is a fat arse, lol. Anyway, she is my motivation right now because it really ticks me off everytime she says that. I think I know what dress I want but it is from overseas and you cannot get it here so it would be a huge gamble, so I really have to make sure I am in the best shape ever. :-) The food for the wedding is caribbean chicken, kalua pork, stir fry veggies, caribbean rice, red garlic potatoes and rolls and butter. Its a buffet. And we are doing a cupcake tower for the cake with a full round cake as the topper so we can "cut" it. I am so OCD so I wanted to take care of everything immediately. Oh, and our colors are coral and teal...to go with the tropical theme. :-)

I am working out 4 days a week and trying to just do small portions of everything. I was debating on doing a cleanse starting next week because I havent done one in a while so I will keep you posted on that.

Dance - details on the new guy. And what are you doing with exercise and food these days. Also...what size are you wearing being at 155? I am so excited to get to that weight one day.

burgundyrayne
07-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Hey girls, Im trying my best to get back on the wagon. Ive been working at the cabin a few days a week and trying to get ready for a comic con(selling my jewelry) this weekend. We've been under a heat advisory since Tuesday so I havent been able to walk since Monday. I need to get over this lazy slump and get back to it. I know I am up but have been staying away from the scale.

Lindy-your wedding sounds like it is going to be amazing. Cant wait to see pictures.

Dance-you know we have to know about the new guy.

Sspell1958
07-19-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm peeking in to say hello. I have to give you three HUGE KUDO'S on your accomplishments! Wow! I remember a years back when we were all way up there. I am in awe at how dedicated you all have been with getting back to business and losing so much weight!

Miss you all. Life is very very busy and very stressful - has been for over 3 years. I closed the office tonight and now have to go to bed to get up at 5:30 am to open the office. Ugh.....I'm it for Supervisors. Weight......up from where I was when we were on here. Very depressing. I joined Weight Watchers, but haven't started seriously yet - just too damn busy.

Need to get to sleep. Nite ladies.

Oh it's been so long my photo is gone and it has been stamped 2012 when we were starting our other thread. Guess I lost my 2008 year and up. How sad is that? LOL....;-)

dancerindenver
07-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Sandy - so fun to see you here - we've missed you!!! Hope you decide to stick around

Almost down to 154 this morning but not quite - ran for 45 minutes and then took s two -hour private lesson in lindy hop so lots of calories burned today'

Lindy - I'm an 8 or a 6 and a med or a sm these days depending on the brand.

Will jump on again tomorrow to fill you in on new guy :)

dancerindenver
07-21-2013, 09:48 AM
154 this morning!!! Happy dance!

Off on a hike with a buddy so hoping to head for 153 soon!

So, the new guy is my age, 6'2", dark hair, green eyes and has a seven year old daughter . He lives 8 blocks from me which is super convenient and loves to travel, hike and DANCE if you can believe it. Pretty good fit for me ;) We've only gone on three dates but he texts every day and calls often - we'll see what happens...

luckylindy
07-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Dance - dating a guy with kids is great because you know that they dont want to waste time. They either know its that girls or not, and if not, they move on quickly. There are no games. He sounds dreamy, lol. Kudos on some more weight down. I started buckling down last week with eating but have let up on the strict exercise routine. Ugh...why cant I just do both at one time, lol. I still plan on working out 5 days a week but I need a little break from Jillian. I found myself making up excuses on why I couldnt work out and that means I was getting bored. My friend at work started going to the gym everyday and just doing the treadmill. I joined her twice last week and loved it because the time flew by so I think I will continue to do the treadmill with her daily and then focus on weights in between. My plan is to hop on the scale on Friday and update my ticker on that day. I KNOW I am down because of how the clothes are all fitting but I really want to wait and make Fridays my weigh in date.

Keep up the good work girls! It seems Vanessa is continuing to do quite well for herself, it stinks that she doesnt hop on here anymore but Im glad I was able to friend request her on Facebook.

Sandy - oh come on Sandy, come back to the group...you can do it! I cant lie, dieting and exercising is not easy when you have a hectic lifestyle but we have to make time, make it part of our routine. :-) Im working FT, PT, school FT and taking care of 3 kids....you can do it girly. Ok, not trying to be mean, just want to be your cheerleader to give you some incentive to peak back in every once and while. p.s. you grandbabies are SO cute!

Ok girls, got a lot to do. I have not been sleeping well because my grandpa up north is in the hospital. I want to go and see him and very well may take a long weekend. I dont have vaca time so it would have to be friday night to sunday night.

dancerindenver
07-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Howdy, ladies!

Didn't run this morning but planning on a walk in the afternoon (while working from home) and a dance lesson again tonight. Will try for a run tomorrow morning. Heard from new guy and we're planning on a hike this weekend and a date on Sat night so things are good on that front.

How are you guys doing? Burgundy - I saw your recommit post on fb - what are you going to be committing to as far as diet/exercise? We are here for you!

luckylindy
07-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Dance - I envy your social calendar, it sounds like so much fun. :-) The DF and I are trying to stick to a wedding budget and when we sat down and started to write everything out, it left me with $50 a week spending money! Like seriously! That is ridiculous but I am going to make my best effort to stick to it because the last thing we want to do is get into debt starting a marriage, I do not believe in it. *sigh*

I am anxious to hop on the scale on Friday because I am "in the zone" and I love when I get that way. I had a hair appointment so planned on skipping the gym and just working out on Saturday, then I woke up and have been feeling crappy all day, so I cancelled my appointment but still do not plan on going to the gym, lol. I just need to rest. My sweet girl comes back from Connecticut today so I am really excited about that.

dancerindenver
07-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Lindy - poor you! rest up and feel better (besides your hair looks gorgeous in your recent pics anyway). Glad your daughter is on her way back...

luckylindy
07-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Hey girls...how is everyone doing?

Im having a great day and tomorrow I get to hop on the scale. My clothes are falling off of me so I am looking forward to a low number. I'll share tomorrow.

dancerindenver
07-25-2013, 04:52 PM
All good here! Heading out for a run after work then meeting a friend for a glass of wine.

Can't wait to hear what your new number is! Having fun with your daughter back? :)

luckylindy
07-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Dance - she is actually sick and has to go to the doctors today. She has been running a fever since the night she got back and is coughing like crazy. My grandpa had pneumonia while she was there and was admitted to the hospital so I pray she did not catch anything that severe. :-( We will get her the meds she needs and hopefully she is feeling good tomorrow.

Ok...wait for it...wait for it....that magic number on the scale was 169!!! YES! I am officially the LOWEST I have ever been in my adult life. When I lost weight the first time, I got down to 170, but 169 has broken that barrier and I could not be more excited. Now it is a waiting game to see what weight is my "ideal" weight. I had a goal of 150 but I always wanted to be 130. I guess I will adjust my goal as I see myself progressing. I am so elated right now. Thanks for all your support! You helped me get here. :-D

dancerindenver
07-26-2013, 11:20 AM
WOOOHOOOO!!!! Lindy, that's amazing - you must be so thrilled! Way to go, girl!

burgundyrayne
07-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Lindy-thats amazing, so happy for you. I saw on fb you fit into your smallest skirt, so exciting.

Dance-I'm cutting my calories and walking more. I'm gonna pull out some of my old workout DVDs and start doing them. I really need to clean up my eating. This is a new week, time to get serious. I'm not worrying about the scale right now. I used to rely on it too much and want to get away from this that.

Sandy-so glad you checked in. Hope you keep coming back. I would love to have all the old gang back together.

I'll check in more often now, just having a busy summer but I love it. I'm working at the cabin at least two days a week. A friend hired me to make cake pops for her 3year olds birthday party yesterday. I posted pics of them on fb. Planning on doing craft shows soon. Can't wait for the soup kitchen to open back up, I miss everyone.

luckylindy
07-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Hey girls....happy to see everyone "back on the wagon".

Dance....whats going on in your dating life?

Burgundy - ok, I think I missed somthing. When you say "the cabin", what is that?

Not a whole lot to update you on. Have you girls ever dreamed excessively where you just really wished for something that was very unrealistic? lol. I swear I keep dreaming about winning the lotto and how I will live my life once I do, it is the most bizarre thing. *sigh* I guess one can dream. :-)

I feel like I need a challenge and maybe I have had just too much free time on my hands lately with all the kids going away. I will be starting up the PT job again in September, on top of my current FT job, and will be starting school at the end of August. Maybe I should I just sit and wait and see if my desire for change still exists after all of that. I love the people I work with and my job itself but I am getting my normal 5 year itch. Gosh I hate when I get like this. What do you girls so when you find yourself bored, or unchallenged, or stir crazy?

dancerindenver
07-30-2013, 09:01 AM
burgundy - I would find it really hard to make cake pops and not eat them! You have amazing will power. Are you up for joining me for exercise miles today? I'm going to run three - what are you walking?

Lindy - honey, I can't believe you are looking to fit *MORE* into your life! Getting married soon, kids, TWO jobs and school. Any one of those things is enough for most people ;) You are amazing! A lot of my friends like to have an exercise goal they're training for - a 5k, a sprint tri, a bike race for charity, whatever. Would something like that that you could maybe do with the future mr lindy be fun?

Having fun with new new guy :) He just took down his dating site profiles yesterday but didn't say anything about it when we got together briefly last night. What would you guys do? Take down your profile without saying anything? Ask him about it? Wait for him to bring it up? I'm thinking continue to be not active (I use another account for checking on things) and wait for him to mention it, right? We had an amazing time together this weekend - hike on Sat afternoon, drinks overlooking a river in Golden, dinner at a hole in the wall peruvian place that I've wanted to go to for ages (super fun - live music, crazy food), and he stayed over. We're actually taking it slow so it was a more innocent sleepover than it might sound. I think I could get used to being with someone this thoughtful :)

Off to jacksonville (not quite your neck of the woods, Lindy, but close!) later today for a quick business trip. Am going to try to pack some snacks so that I can stick to plan while traveling - you guys know that's one of my weaknesses!

Hope your tuesday is going well...

luckylindy
07-30-2013, 04:43 PM
Dance - I think you are handling this relationship perfectly and yes, I would just sit back and wait. If it shows you are not active on the site, then he should be cool with it. Now, a month from now, if it continues to go as planned, then you should consider at that point but leaving him wondering a little is a good thing. :-) And you can play dumb like you never knew he took it down because you "never go on there anymore"...:-D

I like your idea of setting a goal, Im gonna look into upcoming events and see what I want to jump into. I mean...a wedding dress is goal enough but I need a challenge. :-) Thanks for the idea!

burgundyrayne
07-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Lindy-dont know if I mentioned it before. I am selling my jewelry and other crafts at a co-op called The Craft makers Cabin. All the artists work a few days a week. They take a percentage of our sales each month but at least its not just sitting in my craft room collecting dust.

Dance-I would wait a little while with the profile, but it sounds like things are going good with this guy. I didn't have any cake pops while I was making them, but I did have one at the party. I made extra for my hubby and there are about 10 in the fridge right now. I'm not going to touch them.

I was talking to a friend earlier about fitness. I told her I usually do at least one 5k during the summer. Its almost August and I haven't done one. We should all find one in our area.

I still haven't looked at the scale but have been eating really well all week. Maybe by Friday I'll be ready to weigh. Time to do some crafting. Gotta work at the cabin tomorrow and want to take some new stuff.

burgundyrayne
08-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Hey ladies. I will probably be MIA for a while. My 17 year old nephew passed away unexpectedly last night. This is the hardest thing our family has been through. I'll check back in sometime next week maybe.

luckylindy
08-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Hey Burgundy - I am SO sad to read about the passing of your nephew. I will pray for you and your family. :-(

dancerindenver
08-02-2013, 11:28 PM
So sorry to hear about your nephew - I cant even imagine how sad you must be. Hang in there, sweetie, and now that we're thinking about you.

burgundyrayne
08-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Thanks to both of you. Even though we've never met, you two are awesome friends and I'm glad I have you to talk to here. This has been a tough few days. My sister. In law and the kids have been spending most of their days here and going home at night. We're all holding up OK right now. The funeral is monday. My mom, sister and niece are headed back up here from Alabama. My stomach has just been one big knot since Thursday, but we've all been making ourselves eat a little everyday.

PLEASE get yourselves(and your children) checked for diabetes.

dancerindenver
08-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Burgundy - hope you and your family are holding up okay - make sure you get some rest - emotional stress can really wear you out. I'm glad you guys will be together during such a hard time.

Just got back from a run with a friend and am feeling very fortunate to have my health - thanks to you guys keeping me on plan. I met the new guy's daughter last night (crazy early after just three weeks of dating but it was her idea) - do you think that's crazy? The good part is that we got along really well .

Lindy - how are things with you?

luckylindy
08-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Hey girls -

Hugs for Burgundy - I feel the same way about you girls. So glad we have stuck together this long.

Dance - I do think it is too soon but everyone moves at different speeds and if it feels right, just go with it. You had one guy that didnt want to introduce you to anyone and this one who is moving quick, just goes to show there are no "rules", lol, everyone is different. I'm glad to hear it went well. Is he in any of the pics that you uploaded this weekend?

Everything is going great with me. All 3 kids are back and it is time to get into a routine again. The DF and I decided that the healthy meals were not working for him and the kids (they were always hungry after dinner), so we just started ordering fresh meals to be delivered to the house for just me. They taste amazing and are way better than anything I ever cooked. Also, every meal is no more than 350 calories and it is gluten free with all fresh ingredients, its perfect. And cheap! I get 14 meals a week (lunch and dinner) for $66. And I get to pick my menus. :-)

I have decided to weigh myself once a month to keep getting excited about the weight loss so Ill probably shoot for a couple weeks from now, which will be a month from the last time I weighed in. It is so gratifying to see a "whoosh" from the last time, vs. getting on every day and seeing it go up two pounds, down two pound, etc. I skipped the gym yesterday so I am going at lunch today, and then again after work. I am shooting for a double workout of an hr and a half 2 days a week and then one hour one day a week. So, still doing 4 days a week but just adding a little time for good measure.

dancerindenver
08-06-2013, 12:16 PM
*hugs* You guys will be the reason that the weight is going to stay off this time - plus you keep me sane! I love that some of the old gang checks in now and then. Hope we hear from neesy and maddiesmom soon.

Lindy - Your meal plan sounds yummy and like a great solution! And yeah, I know it's really soon to have met her but I don't think I'll be seeing her regularly for a looong time. You are totally right about people moving at different paces ;)

I'm thinking this guy might be a keeper - we'll see... And no, the folks in the pictures are other friends - he was camping with his daughter somewhere else while I was hiking. We are meeting up for lunch tomorrow and going to a concert on friday night - should be fun.

I'm really trying to keep up with exercise - hikes on the weekends, running or walking 4-5 days/wk - and am staying low-carb but the scale isn't budging. I think my body is stuck at this weight. Ughhh!!! Any suggestions? I've been hovering around this same number since march - at least I'm back on the low side of it again - but geez! I so want to be in the 140s and start fitting into some 6s *sigh*. Any suggestions?

luckylindy
08-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Hey Dance....when I worked out with a personal trainer...many moons ago, he told me there was two ways to break a plateau. One was going hard at the gym with weights because it boost your metabolism and is thrown off by the "lacksadasical" as he would like to call it, workouts that your body is used to. He also encouraged cleansing but the problem with that is it isnt for everyone. But he said that alone would jump start a plateau. I never got to a plateau really because when I got to 170 I just threw in the towel so I cant give advice from my own experiences.

dancerindenver
08-09-2013, 08:07 AM
Great idea, lindy - maybe I'll start hitting the weights this weekend and see if I can bust through this. Off for an early morning run...

burgundyrayne
08-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Hey ladies, I think I am finally back to reality. I've gotten back into walking, just need to start going further. I did the air stepper tonight and some an exercises. I also started a 30 day beginners push up challenge. I only had to do 3 push ups today. I haven't been on the scale so I don't know where that is. I feel a little bloated so I will probably wait a few days for that.

Hope y'all are doing good.

dancerindenver
08-15-2013, 01:40 AM
Hey burgundy - nice to have you back. Sad stuff is just going around right now - I'm headed to Houston tomorrow for the funeral of a high school friend's mom. A couple of us are going together so it will be nice to have company.

Weight is holding steady but at least not going up. Things are good with new guy - will fill you in on more details when I get back.

luckylindy
08-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Hey girls....glad to see everyone checking in again.

My plan to hop on the scale once a month is scheduled for August 30th, so that is the next time I will have an update on my weight for you girls. I am FINALLY starting to get compliments from everyone on how much weight I have lost. Its funny because no one notices at 15 pounds but all the sudden you hit 25 and its like...omg, you have lost a ton of weight. haha Anyway, it feels good to get the acknowledgements that you worked so hard for. I am doing the gym twice a day 3 days a week and then doing a 30 minute walk and weights 3 days, with one "rest" day. I should feel fantastic with all this clean eating and working out but I dont, I feel tired ALL THE TIME. I tried adjust my calories from 1200 to 1400 to 1600 to 1800 just to see if any of those number affected how I felt but nada. I may need to go in for a physical to make sure everything is on the up and up. My mother has Lupus and that is a side affect and I get tested every year so it may be time.

Ok, Im babbling and I have to go give blood at our blood drive today so I will catch up later. Cant wait to get more detailed updates from everyone else soon.

luckylindy
08-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Bah! So the boyfriend hops on the scale every day and I've been avoiding it. Yesterday he hops on and tells me its broken. I told him, it probably needed batteries. So we put new batteries in this morning and it still is not working. TOTALLY bummed and hoping to replace it before my weigh in. Its up to him to pick up the "extras" based on our new budget. I might have to give him a nudge. Unfortunately, with a new scale comes a possible varying weight. I dont know yet if this is a good or bad thing. We will see.

dancerindenver
08-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Sounds like that scale is messing with you, Lindy :) but you know you are looking great and fitting into your clothes which is the important part.

All good here - this weekend will be week 6 with new guy - he's actually out of town at the moment on a backpacking trip but I'll be picking him up at the airport on sunday morning and am hoping we get some good catch up time the rest of the day ;) I've been a little tired lately and am having trouble getting enough sleep - am hoping that passes (not particularly stressed at work or anything). Weight is holding steady despite some offsite meeting days which involve lots of eating out. I'd rather be making progress but I'll take holding the line for right now. I can't believe that a year ago I weighed 50lbs more than I do right now and that I was so unhappy about my ex - amazing difference 12mos can make!

How are you girls doing?

luckylindy
08-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Hey Dance! Glad to see you checking in. I am so happy how much a year has changed your life for the better, and adding a cute boy to the mix is just an added bonus. :-D Good job! People always say that winter is a bad time and thats when you put on weight but I find summer to be the hardest for me. There are SO many social outings and it is hard to say no. And even if I eat healthy, there is always alcohol, lol.

Welp, the DF ending up buying a new scale and we tested it out on the kids. The girls needed to get physicals so they weighed in at home before they left the house and then at school. The numbers registered the same so it seems to be a consistant scale. On that note, I hopped on and low and behold, I am still losing. 165! Woot woot! I expect to hit a plateau soon because that would put me at a 29 pound loss and anything over 25 I hit a pleateau. Fortunately for me, I wont be hopping on the scale again till late September so I have time for the scale to play games. :-) I wont off my clean eating today as someone made me empanadas. So I had that for breakfast. Then I am going out for dinner and drinks with one of my best girlfriends so I just plan to do better tomorrow to make up for today. I am eating clean at lunch to make up for things. Zucchini lasagna....yum!

What is everyones plans for the weekend?

dancerindenver
08-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Lindy - that is wonderful! Woohoo!! We need to see some recent progress pics, btw - you keep forgetting to post them!

Finally got some good sleep yesterday and am feeling much better. Am getting a massage after work and then going for a run with a friend (yeah, I know the order is a little weird but that's how it worked out) so it will be a good healthy evening. I need to get back into cooking and plan to cook up a bunch of my mom's yellow squash so that I have some veggies around and ready to eat.

Happy Friday, girls!

luckylindy
08-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Hey dance...yea, I really stink at posting pics. Part of it is because I do all my chatting with you guys while at work and Im not allowed to upload personal pics. Then I get home and forget, lol. I dont really want to post too many pics on Facebook because I want my weight loss to be a surprise to the many people coming to my wedding. :-) Ill try to remember.

dancerindenver
08-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Same here exactly - I mean with no photos on my work computer and checking in on 3fc mainly at work.

Getting excited because new guy should be back in texting range again tonight (he's been backpacking out of range since monday). Sometimes it's the little things ;)

burgundyrayne
08-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Sorry I've been mia again. I thought I was back in the swing of things but its just so hard. Today is a new day and I feel good. I'm not going to let this derail me. I'm going to get healthy and do it in honor of my nephew. I got out for a run this morning. I went two miles in 25 minutes. I don't think that's too bad for a fat girl, lol. It was so hot but I made it. Now to keep it going. Hubby wants BBQ chicken and potato wedges for dinner. I'm gonna have baked chicken and zucchini fries.

Dance-sorry to hear about your friends mom. So happy to hear things are good with the new guy.

Lindy-165, that's great. Your are looking great from your pics on fb. Glad your new scale is accurate. I hate buying new scales.

dancerindenver
08-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Burgundy - woohoo in your running accomplishments! I love the idea of celebrating your nephew's life by getting even healthier - what a strong woman you are.

Went in a great hike with a friend today and new guy called from Canada so life is pretty good here.

Hope you guys are enjoying the weekend...

dancerindenver
08-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Well, it was fun while it lasted. New guy just broke up with me tonight - he wasn't feeling the way he thought he should feel. Back to the drawing board!

luckylindy
08-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Hey chickadees....

Dance, wow I was so shocked to read that! Do you think he maybe went on the trip to meet up with someone and maybe developed feelings for them? Or was it something else? Sorry to hear that. *hugs* Dating is such a "learning curb", I remember when I dated, it took me two years to find someone and I was so frustrated by the end. Now Im in a relationship and I see my single friends and Im like "you are so lucky", haha, I mean....not lucky because I do consider myself lucky but just the fact that you can do you own thing and dont have to run it by someone, its a big change.

Burgundy - if your nephew isnt the best inspiration out there, I dont know what is! Maybe you can set some goals to accompany it, like a 5k for diabetes prevention? Good job on the walk. Im not gonna lie, I giggled when you said "pretty good for a fat girl" because lord knows I use that term more often than not. :-)

Nothing new to update. Im trying to stay on point as best as I can and just maintain for the next couple of months. I have a bridal shower, bachlorette party, and destination wedding in September, then one week cruise in October. If I can maintain I would be pleased. November is not really bad and December is ok too. Football season is here and that sucks but I can work around it. Anyway, I started classes this week....4 in all so wish me luck. :-)

dancerindenver
08-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Lindy - No, he was on a backpacking trip with a guy friend and apparently he did a lot of thinking and talking and realized it just wasn't quite working for him. No biggee - it was tough last night but I'm already focused on next steps and finding a new new guy ;)

Off to go catch up on missed sleep from last night and get in a good run in the morning...

luckylindy
08-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Dance - well, that makes sense. Did you deactivate your account? Hopefully not. ;-)

Nothing new to report, I do a double workout session three to four times a week and today is one of those days. I'll catch up later.

dancerindenver
08-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Lindy - nope - just hid my profile. I'm going to tweak it a little and will add some new photos and get back on line maybe as early as tonight. Back on the horse, right? I've got a good list of new guys to contact - should be interesting.

I'm going for a run tonight - anyone with me for some exercise time?

luckylindy
08-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Hey Dance....I wish I was exercising. Received horrible news today that my dear friend who was ill with cancer only has a day or so left. I just came back from a visit at the hospital and plan to go again after work. I may not be checking in depending on my mood, definitely a sad time.

dancerindenver
08-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Lindy - I'm so sorry to hear your news - how very sad. We need to treat every moment as precious, don't we? I will have your friend in my thoughts...

dancerindenver
08-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Hey girls - hope you're doing well. I've fallen off the exercise bandwagon a little this week but am hoping to get back on tonight with a good run after work.

Lindy - so sorry to hear about your friend's passing on fb. Hope you're doing okay... Sort of a strange coincidence that all three of us have been dealing with with sad losses lately - yours and burgundy's were much closer of course. Big hugs all around.

Just got back on match and am setting up my first post-2nd new guy dates. Will have to come up with a more creative name for the next guy ;)

Almost to a long weekend....

luckylindy
08-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Hey girls,

Feeling a little better and got in a good workout today. I want to pick your brains because i may be very out of place with this comment but does anyone see a change in vanessa's comments about her hubby on Facebook. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm super proud of her and understand the struggles of a spouse who does not make the same choices but it seems to me that it's taking am ugly turn on their relationship and was wondering if i should tell her an outsiders perspective? Or is that too personal?

Dance....details onyour new boys.

burgundyrayne
08-30-2013, 10:53 PM
Dance that sucks to hear about the new guy but glad you are moving on. Let us know about any new guys.

Lindy-so sorry to hear about your friend. It makes it so much harder when it so sudden. Sounds you are one busy lady these next few months. I need to get back in the exercise groove with you girls.

It rained all day so I did a lot of crafting. I have two craft shows coming up and need more inventory. No walk today but I will get out there tomorrow. I did walk yesterday. Its been so humid, maybe tomorrow evening will be better.

Deleted some of the stuff I had here since you girls already read it:-)

dancerindenver
09-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Hey girls!
Vanessa and I never connected on FB so I haven't been following her situation. Sounds really tricky. Didn't Neesy run into a similar situation in a way? I know everyone's life is unique - I just see some parallels.

Just got back from a nice hike with a friend and am heading to another friend's for dinner. Have a date with one of the new guys tomorrow and the other on Weds - should be interesting. No word at all from old new guy but that's okay - nicer to have a clean break and I'm mostly over it. I have a habit of talking myself into the compatibility part even when there are issues or red flags - I really need to work on that, it gets me into trouble over and over again!

Hope you guys are enjoying the weekend...

luckylindy
09-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Hey girls...

Just checking in with everyone to see how the long weekend went. Unfortunately, I felt the need to hop on the scale after I did a lot of emotional eating last week. The end result was the scale went up to 169. Still at my lightest but very upset at the damage I did in such a short time. I am back to clean eating and workout out today so hopefully I can bring that number down a bit.

Whats new with everyone else?

dancerindenver
09-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Hey you! Nice to see you back on here with everything you've got going on in your life - you sound beyond crazy busy!

Doing okay here - just had a first date for tonight cancel - supposedly because he has to go out of town. Might be true but he probably just got a better offer. I'm a big girl and will survive :) Working on setting up a second date for fri or sat and have first dates all but confirmed for sun and mon. Hate being at the beginning of this process again but oh well. Since tonight's guy canceled, I'm going to go for a run instead - way better for me than a few glasses of wine, right? I need to start cooking again so that there are healthy leftovers around when I get home starved - anyone have any good recipes they're loving lately?

luckylindy
09-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Hey Dance....

Ive been addicted to this zucchini feta pie for a while and its really easy. You grate 5 small zucchinis, buy a wheat pie crust, 4 egg whites, and 6 oz. of feta cheese, wheat flour.

Grate the zucchini and then squeeze out the water. Put it aside. Take 4 egg whites, and 4 tables spoons of wheat flour and mix together, throw in the feta cheese (you can save some for a topper if you like), then add the zucchini. Mix together, place batter in pie crust and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

This is a crazy week for me and I am behind in school. I leave on Thursday for a wedding in St. Augustine so I will likely be checked out after Wednesday.

Dance - did anything come of the possible Sunday date? Are you just maintaining now?

burgundyrayne
09-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Dance-good luck with your dates. A run is way better than those glasses of wine, but hey, I don't care for wine:-)

Lindy-how are you liking school? I might have to try your zucchini pie, that sounds delicious.

The scale isn't moving for me but I haven't gained any weight either. I'm exercising but my food could be better. Once I get that under control, I'm sure I will see a drop on the scale. Life around here is getting back to normal. Me and the hubby have been busy getting ready for our craft shows. The first one is in 12 days then another one two weeks after that. I have lots of different stuff this year. I'm excited and not stressing so much like I was this time last year.

dancerindenver
09-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Lindy - that sounds like a great recipe - thanks! I have some zucchini from my mom's garden that I wasn't sure how to use up. Hope you have a great time at the wedding - looking forward to seeing pics!

Burgundy - I hear you on the no downward progress thing ;) I've been pretty much maintaining - sticking to plan roughly with occasional wobbles and it's not enough to help me lose. Good to know what it takes to stay at this weight though.

Lots of dates but lots of flaky guys that cancel or guys that sound good but end up being duds. It's a numbers game, I know. Dates with two new guys tonight and tomorrow and a second date with a sweet guy (who's a little shorter than I'm used to but he's growing on me) on saturday so I'm keeping busy at least. Setting up yet another first date for sometime next week. Can't wait to have a boyfriend I can actually count on - I'm ready to be done going on first dates!!!

Off for a run before work...

burgundyrayne
09-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Lindy-I just have to say you look amazing in the pics I've seen on Facebook. Good job, girl.

Dance-any good dates lately?

Me and the hubs have been working our butts off getting ready for a craft show this weekend. I'm excited, its actually a hot air balloon festival. It should be fun. Monday I walked 6 miles, Tuesday got two more tattoos so I didn't walk. Only one mile today, I waited too long and it got dark on us. I am gonna go at least three tomorrow if I can get all the last minute craft show stuff done early.

How have you two been??

luckylindy
09-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Burgundy - thanks so much. I must say, I am very happy with my current weight, which is good because Im at a plateau and instead of getting frustrated that the scale isnt moving, Im just fine with it staying where it is. I am wearing size 8's and mediums. :-D

I saw your tats on FB....so jealous. They look awesome! I told the DF that I may want a new tattoo for Christmas or my birthday. It has been a while and I have an itch. The only problem is my next spot I was hoping for is my ribs which is crazy painful. Do you have any there? Good job in getting in your walking! Gabriella is starting to gain a lot of weight so I suggested us walking 5 days a week for "mommy/daughter" time, that way it doesnt seem like I think shes gaining, just wanting to spend more time with her. Its a bonus for me because it gives me some extra cardio. I currently do 30 minutes at lunch 3 days a week, and weights after work 4 days a week. So adding in some walking before or after work would help us both.

Dance - hows the dating life going on?

dancerindenver
09-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Hey girls!

Going on lots of dud dates and getting a little burnt out. I recently reconnected with an old high school bf on facebook. Not sure if he's with someone right now but we're supposed to be getting together to catch up soon - will keep you posted.

Need to get focused on eating on plan and exercising - I've slacked off a bit and don't want to start moving in the wrong direction.

Lindy - love the exercise idea with your daughter.

Burgundy - how was the craft show?

luckylindy
09-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Dance - I remember that too well. I enjoyed dating at first but then I got at the point that I was sick of it. I forgot the part of all the duds, lol. Instead of doing the dating site, have you tried like hanging out at Starbucks, or going to some concerts or something? It's funny because I did the online dating for 2 years, and then friends hooking me up for a year, and then finally, I went to a bbq and met Bob. It's when you are not exactly looking that love finds you sometimes. Not to say that dating sites dont work because my friends are married now as a result of the sites but maybe just change it up.

Not much to report on. Still maintaining and feeling great.

burgundyrayne
09-27-2013, 09:39 PM
Lindy -I want a new tattoo cos tomorrow is Saturday, lol. I'm addicted. None planned right now but you never know when I'll have another one. I don't have any on my ribs, not that comfortable with my body there yet. Maybe after I lose some more. How is the walking going with your daughter?

Dance-keep us updated on the hs bf. Never know, might relight that old flame. The craft show was awesome on Saturday but sunday was awful. Not worth the money we paid for gas to go there on sunday but we had fun.

Im staying off the scale these days and walking a lot. Eating is where I always slack. I just bought Bethenny Frankels book Naturally Thin. Gonna start reading that tomorrow. I have to work at the cabin tomorrow so if its slow, I can read.

dancerindenver
09-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Hey girls! Been on a couple of blah dates and one good one yesterday that lasted for 13(!!) hrs (and before you get the wrong idea, it started at 11am). In touch with high school bf and we're supposed to go for coffee next week. Still don't know if he's interested but it seems like he might be a little.

Went on a hike with the fun date yesterday and did a 6 mile walk today with a girlfriend. Am going to run tomorrow before a meeting close to my house (so I should have some extra time in the morning).

Gotta stop having treats - all these dates encourage me to break my rules more than I should.

Glad we're all getting exercise!

dancerindenver
10-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Just got back from a three hour hike and am whupped! Taking a quick tv rest before getting cleaned up and going out on yet another first date - ugh! Am having lunch with the hs bf again on Tuesday - will keep you posted if it goes anywhere interesting. How are you girls doing?

burgundyrayne
10-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Hey Dance-3 hour hike. Wow, I need to do that. Ive been walking but its getting frustrating around here with all the loose dogs. I am not scared of dogs but we have had a few(way bigger than my dogs) run up on us a few times these last few weeks, now I get nervous anytime I see any of them. I fell last week because my dogs tripped me up barking at loose dog. Saw the same dog today so I just picked my dogs up and stopped and let the dog run past us. I hate not being able to walk anywhere I want in my own neighborhood. We went two miles today, I wanted to go more but I am having foot pain in my right foot from tripping last month. I might have to get it checked out.

I am still having trouble getting back to eating better. I got groceries today, lots of veggies. Gonna hit the farm market for fruits. I have to do this. I dont want to gain anymore. I havent been on the scale in a while so not really sure where I am right now. I'll get it under control.

Have fun on your dates, Mr Right is out there.

dancerindenver
10-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Just went on a hike but that's the first good thing I've done in a while. Need to reboot my eating and am going for a fresh start tomorrow!

How are you girls doing?

burgundyrayne
10-27-2013, 09:25 PM
Hey girls, sorry Ive been MIA. Lots of craft shows, this is the best season for them. I have one this Saturday. Plan on making cake pops and dog bones for it plus all my jewelry and other stuff. Lots to do this week. Im trying to stay on top of my eating. Not every meal has been as healthy as I would like but not awful either. Been trying to walk 20 miles a week. I only got to 15 this week.

Hope yall are good and check in soon

dancerindenver
10-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Yikes, ladies! I'm up to 164 (about 10 over where I'd like to be) and am hitting the program hard for the next two weeks before I leave on vacation. I'd like to be at least 159 by 11/8. I'd love it if you guys were up for daily accountability on here!

I went for a run this morning before work and am planning on a 3 mile walk after work with a friend. Will post later about meals but off to a good start!!

Burgundy - cake pops must be such a temptation! Good for you on mileage - that's great stuff.

Lindy - come back and join us to get your tiny bit of vacation weight off!

dancerindenver
11-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Still at 164 - no luck budging the scale at all. Ugh!

burgundyrayne
11-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Im up to 189 right now Dance, ugh. Eating has been awful lately so I turned a new leaf today. Back to healthy eating. Carrot and orange juice for breakfast, salad for dinner. Roasted veggies and chicken for dinner. 1 square of dark chocolate to curb the sweet tooth. WATER WATER WATER.

Gonna do Just Dance 2014 later and the 30 day challenge I posted on FB.

dancerindenver
11-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Burgundy - woohoo on the new leaf! That sounds like a crazy healthy eating plan!!

I'm finally down a little to 163. Can't believe how slow it's going this time - I usually lose a few quickly at the beginning. Ugh!

Just got back from a weekend at my grandparents (stuck to plan the whole time) - took today off too and am planning on a hike in a few hours.

dancerindenver
11-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Finally - 162! I'm only losing a pound a week/max but at least it's coming back off. How are you girls doing?

burgundyrayne
11-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Im still up but trying the Jillian Michaels detox. Its 60 oz of distilled water, 2T lemon juice, 1T unsweetened cranberry juice and 1 dandelion root tea bag. Drink 60oz of this everyday for 7 days. Supposed to be able to lose 5 lbs in a week. We'll see.

dancerindenver
11-23-2013, 04:35 PM
How is that working, burgundy?

I'm still at 162 but am hoping to make more progress soon.

In other news, there is a new guy :) He's coming to my family's for thxgiving and we're going up to the mountains for the rest of the weekend. I'm hoping this one will work out ;)

burgundyrayne
11-23-2013, 08:35 PM
Its going OK. Lost two lbs in the 7 days instead of 5 lbs. Oh well. The taste gets to you after a while. Dandelion root tea is nasty. We are having our thanksgiving meal at church tomorrow, lots of cooking to do. Turkey is in the fridge and I made skinny broccoli salad. Its a weight watchers recipe I found on pinterest. The soup kitchen is open now so I've been there a few days a week. Put some of my jewelry in a shop in town, looking forward to seeing how that goes.

Congrats on the new guy.

My mom had a very small stroke on Friday. She's doing better, has to see the neurologist on Monday. They told me not to come down right now but if I have to I'll go. I would love to go down but just under different circumstances.

MaddiesMom
11-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Hey Ladies!

I'm BAAAAAAAAAACK! I know, I know, I've been gone FOREVER. So sorry! Life has really exhausted me and the girls...well, the girls are the main reason I am busy. They are 18 mos now and my oldest turns 6 on Thanksgiving. Cannot believe how fast time has flown by. Girls are wonderful, the lights of my life, but now it's time to focus more on me.

I was working out a few months ago and then suffered another road bump - I fractured my lower back. Lots of chiropractic and physical therapy and drugs from my ortho, but I'm ready to hit it again!

So, instead of going "gung ho" by myself, I decided to jump in and do a boot camp, similar to what I was doing back in the good 'ol days. There's a bootcamp less than 15 mins from my house with classes and personal trainers there, so they have a holiday promotion right now that guarantees you will lose 5-8 lbs and a number of inches in 28 days....or your money back. Figured it was worth a try...so I start tomorrow. Nervous and excited, but I think they trainer will keep me from doing too much too fast.

So, to treat myself, I decided to buy some really nice running shoes to help with my workout along with custom inserts to mold to my feet to keep from injury...$300 (yikes) I was out the door. They measured my feet in all sorts of different ways and found my pressure points, etc. If you've never had that sort of thing done, totally recommend, I LOVE the shoes they picked out.

So, eating still my problem, lots of sweets...really got to stop. Eating whatever is quick while watching the girls, taking Madeline to swimming, etc. etc.

Burgundy: So sorry to hear about your mom, glad to hear she's doing better.

Lindy: You look AMAZING! I've seen the pics from FB- your are looking GREAT!

Dancer: So the new guy is meeting the family??? Way to go! Hope it all works out for you.

Goal for Thanksgiving: not eat so damn much! LOL. but seriously, going to pace myself a lot more than usual, small bits of everything, and waiting before that second plateful. I plan to go to the gym the next morning and we actually have to report to him (via some computer program) exactly what we eat and how much. So, don't want to overdo it and have him look at me like I'm a nut.

Plan to be on here a lot more ladies! The bootcamp I'm on is through the holidays (did that on purpose). I don't want to wait until a New Year when I can make the change now. :)

MaddiesMom
11-25-2013, 11:49 PM
So, after much nervousness...I returned to boot camp, and WOW, did it kick my butt. There were 4 other people in class, working in pairs, so I was with the trainer, which was good, he was able to keep me motivated and worked on my form, etc. It was 4 rounds, 30 seconds on, 15 second break with 8 stations. It kicked my butt! I'm starting to feel sore now, the workout ended 2 hours ago. Made me realize that I am horribly out of shape, but the class seemed really good. Plan to go back Wed morning, if I can still walk.

Food is another issue, need to get working on that now. Of course, I saw the cookies in the pantry, but with me being stiff and sore right now, I didn't take a second glance. Hopefully this will help me. The gym is having a Black Friday workout in the morning to help burn off that Thanksgiving meal, so I will give it a shot.

dancerindenver
11-26-2013, 07:52 PM
maddiesmom - how fun to see you here again! So sorry to hear about your back troubles - that has got to have been rough! Way to go on getting back into boot camp - looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Burgundy - it must be hard to be far away from your momma when she's dealing with something like this. Hang in there and congrats on the losses!

I'm down another 2 so I'm fitting back into my skinny clothes again which is nice. Another 3-4 and I'll be in my sweet spot - can't wait!

So nice to have company here - really appreciate you guys!

Savemykissesx
11-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Hey everyone! I am looking to make some new friends along this journey I'm going through - and you are, too. I am assuming anyone can join this here? :] How does this thread work??

MaddiesMom
12-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Save: Yes, please join in - we have been together on and off for years, so it's nice to get a new person to the group! Just post whenever you can! :)

Dance: It's nice to be back! You are doing so well! From the pics on FB, you are looking fabulous!

Burgundy: So happy to hear your mom is doing better! Must be a relief!

I didn't go to bootcamp - was so super sore on Wednesday...was going to go on Saturday, but had Madeline's birthday party with 40 of our closest family/friends, so I didn't want to be sore for that.

Monday started my "cold turkey." I gave up: Caffeine, soda, refined sugar, and bread (well, all unhealthy carbs) and I had a huge migraine by the afternoon, so again, didn't go to bootcamp, but then again, the migraine would have made it beyond impossible to do, so I focused on my diet. I had approx 1300 calories yesterday and am onboard for about that today. Still eating, not starving myself, just being more careful of what I put into my mouth (including staying away from the incredibly delicious caramels that are literally 3 feet from my desk right now). I know it's going to take another day or so to get used to the withdrawls, but I'm determined to do it.

Tonight is swimming lessons with Madeline, then bootcamp tomorrow and Saturday, with workouts at home in between. I purchased Insanity, so may give that a try. Plus, I'm now going for a CEBS certification, so will be taking classes on top of that, plus Madeline has Sunday school and Christmas pageant practice and school work - so busy, but if I'm so busy, I can't eat junk, right??

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? I limited myself to one plateful and then had dessert. I have full, but not stuffed (like I have stuffed my face in the past).

Hope everyone is doing well! :)

MaddiesMom
12-05-2013, 04:05 PM
So, I am now on day 4 without: Coffee, refined sugar, bread, sweets, soda, etc. and I doing well! I can't believe I've done it! Very minor cravings, but not too bad (though, I could go for a Dr. Pepper right about now). :)

Went to bootcamp last night and lucked out that my heart rate monitor decided to work. I burned..............1068 calories in an hour! Couldn't believe it. I also stayed at about 1200 calories, so I'm proud of myself. Not too sore today, but I am sure I will feel it more tomorrow. Going again on Saturday morning, so that will be good. Then off to do Christmas shopping, as I haven't even started yet.

Savemykissesx
12-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Hi everyone - I figured I'd join in, even though it seems kind of dead here - I could really use some weight loss buddies. :\ I am hoping to find one here !

I'm Danielle - I have always been chubby, or as I'd rather call it "pleasantly" plump. My weight has always held me back - I am always so down on myself, but I want to change that, and that is why I've been here for so long, but I haven't ever really made any serious progress ever. This time WILL be different. I promise that to myself.

I am a wicked animal lover - anyone else out there love animals? I have 6 cats and 2 dogs, and a hamster. I also foster for rescues and I have 3 foster cats and a foster dog currently, too.

Anyways - really look forward to hearing from everyone else <3

MaddiesMom
12-09-2013, 03:08 PM
SaveMy - I, too have been the chubby one, was always feeling like the outcast or the "fat girl" in my group of friends, even though it was not their intention to make me feel that way. I am an animal love, although I don't have any myself (used to live on a farm as a kid, then had cats/dogs, now just kids!) I have 3 girls - a 6 year old and then 18 mos old twin girls. They keep me pretty busy.

I did bootcamp on Saturday, with the owner, who totally kicked my butt. He seems like a great guy who generally cares for his clients and has set up a coaching call to talk about my goals and what I want out of all of this. The question is - what do I want? I said to be healthier, but he said that's only going to get me so far. I need a set goal to help keep me motivated. So, now I have to give some thought to it. I talked with him for a good 20 mins after class ended and I had an "ah ha" moment. He allows one cheat day a week, where you can eat what you want : chocolate cake, pizza, you name it, it's on the table. I told him that I felt guilty in doing that. He said to take the emotion out of it, and make it a scientific decision. Based on scientific research, that one cheat day actually boosts the leptin in your body, which will help you lose weight. So, no more guilt, this is how to do it. Take the emotion out of it - interesting way to think of it....something I never thought about before.

The class was GREAT! Very tough, but the women in the group were wonderful and so supportive of each other, it really helped to keep me going. I burned over 1300 calories in under an hour. I also decided to work out Sunday morning (Dustin says...earn your cheat by doing a super good workout, then burn your cheat by working out the next day). I did some Insanity workout, but back was too stiff, so I went out in the 7 degree weather to jog. Yep, out in the freezing cold, but during my run, as much as I wanted to stop, I kept saying, "Why not me? Why can't I be the one to do this? What's keeping me from reaching my goal?" That really helped me to keep going (my iPod died, so it was only my inner monologue that I got to listen to. Just trying to keep positive.

Clothes are starting to feel looser. Was able to button a pair of pants that I wasn't able to less than 2 weeks ago. I am going for more bootcamp tonight...have to schedule it, our home is so busy with everything, that I need to put it all on there. :) Today, Thursday and Saturdays...those are my days.

How is everyone else?? SaveMykisses...what are you doing to help in your weight loss?

burgundyrayne
12-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Hey ladies, just a quick check in. Have some friends on their way over. We made an emergency trip to Alabama last Tuesday. My mom had the mini stroke the Friday before. We didnt think we would have to go down cos she was feeling good. Monday night my sister called and said she had to have surgery so we headed out. Got somewhere in Ohio and my mom called and said she didnt need surgery after all. Huge relief. We went down anyways and spent Thanksgiving with them. My niece was so excited. Then the day before we left I got sick. We've been home since Thursday and I havent been on the scale. Im feeling better now so maybe tomorrow I'll check out the damage. I need to get my zumba videos out and start doing that again.

Im looking into getting a juicer or a nutribullet of magic bullet. Not sure what I want yet. I know I want to start eating more fruits and veggies and a juicer might help with that. Does anyone have one??

Save-welcome!! We all check in when we can, join right in.

Maddiesmom-Sounds like you are doing really well. I need to cut out sugar. I did good back when we were all really active here. I just allowed myself a small square of dark chocolate after dinner each night. I need to try that again.

Dance-how are things with t new guy??

Savemykissesx
12-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Thank you everyone for the welcome - you're awesome! I am really just trying to find my place here on this forum and hoping to find some friends that I fit in with and can receive support and just give support back. I want to make friendships and just get to know one another. You guys seem to know one another already so I am hoping I can fit in, too. :\

Vicky - Gosh do I understand the issue with the food. Although mine is food & exercise. I have a hard time in general. I just want to eat yummy deliciousness all the time and I am trying to reprogram my body into thinking the healthy foods are the yummy things, not the burger & fries loaded with ketchup that I always thought were so delicious.
Your bootcamp class sounds like everything I would die to do. I just can't stand going alone, I can't let go of the whole awkwardness of being alone and not having the support of a friend or anything. So major kudos to you. I also know there are some bootcamps around here but it's hard for me to fit it into the schedule - for example they're either too early or too late. I can't wake up and be at a place to do a workout at 5am.. and I hate the idea of getting out of work for 5pm and not having my class til 7pm... :\

Right now what I am trying to do is Dolvett Quince's 3121 diet... he is the trainer on The Biggest Loser, and this is his new book out. It kind of has a similar idea to what your trainer told you Vicki, he has it based on you eating clean for 3 days and then have 1 cheat day, then eat clean for two days and another cheat day. It's so hard for me though.... I just started it yesterday and already today I kind of went off plan, but not horribly. I meal prepped all weekend for this week so that it was all planned and I had zero excuses, but the hospital threw a holiday meal for everyone, and granted I didn't eat horrible I didn't eat my meal that I had prepped for this clean eating day. Instead I had a small piece of turkey, some small potatoes with green beans and turnips and carrots. and a side of a salad. I am proud to say that I skipped the cookies! :] & even when a co-worker offered me a piece of the cookie - I passed! That's saying a lot for me.

My heart really isn't into exercising like I want it to be, HOW can I get myself into that whole heartedly? Yesterday I did a 30minute dance workout I found on youtube and I felt 100% awkward doing it. I don't think I was getting like ANY of the moves right but I kept telling myself that as long as I'm moving I'm burning. Right..? And tonight I did like 25 minutes on the treadmill.

Dolvett's book includes a 48 minute workout which I did do 2 times last week, I started the diet part this week. This morning I was down a pound from yesterday but I'm not sure if it's the truth or not. I can't stand it, haha. I really want to do this but it's so hard and I know it's not going to be easy but how do you just force yourself to do it? I think once I see results it may be a little easier. :\ but am unsure of how to get myself that far, first. :| GRR. Sorry I think I'm just a little frustrated and really I have no reason to be, aside from the fact that I could really go for something delicious right about now.

I have been thinking about getting the Turbofire work outs.

Vicky - 3 girls huh, and twins? That's crazy! I'm sure you're completely inlove but I am sure you need to work on getting some 'you-time' I am always busy too with my animals I'm not sure how to get some of my me time in, too, but I am not really sure I want too much of it, I love being around my animals and spending lots of time with them. Of course it's different though. My foster dog had a meet & greet this past sunday.... people were strange & I'm unsure if they're going to want him or not, but I wouldn't be too disappointed.

I'm rambling here, now. :| Sorry!!

Sorry to hear about your Mom, burgundyrayne and about you being sick. I have also had a horrible cold since thanksgiving. I am hoping it's finally at the end of it. I hope you're feeling better, or atleast starting to.
Anyways Hi everyone!! *waves*

Health Nut
12-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Hello ladies! I am new here. I'm wondering if there is a thread that is something like "Share what you ate today!" where people post replies of what they ate all day at the end of the day. I am figuring it will be effective in helping us stay away from those midnight snacks and binging, because we would be too embarrassed to share it! LOL.

MaddiesMom
12-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Danielle: I'm trying my best for clean eating - it does get easier with time, I have to say. I was a candy/sugar/sweets ADDICT before doing this work with the trainer. I'm held accountable, so I want to be sure I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. I do a food log every day (myfitnesspal.com has a free one) and I have to send to my trainer on a weekly basis. I'm actually having the opposite problem now- I know I'm not eating enough calories (only about 900-1000/day which isn't good). I'm just not hungry, and I feel that if I force myself to eat more, it's going to cause a problem in the long run.

Health Nut: I'm sure there are forums like that on here - we do post what we eat and recipes from time to time.

So, I have been battling a cold, so I didn't go and work out on Monday with the hopes of getting some rest - but with 2 under 18 mos, that didn't happen. So, I think I am getting worse, but I don't want to skip boot camp for too long. Hoping I'll be ok tonight, if not I HAVE to go tomorrow. Feeling lazy..always seems to happen, I get into a routine and then I get sick. The twins have been sick all week too with a cold, so it's a germ fest.

Had our annual dept pot luck today. I was good - only a tablespoon or 2 of dips, had some chicken, some vegan items, etc. Overall, I think I consumed 700 calories. Not THAT bad, but it's a salad for dinner tonight, that's for sure! Didn't want this to be my "cheat day" so I will eat super clean the rest of the day. I didn't eat very much and I stayed away from the sweets. Actually sat near the sweets table and didn't even try to get one...didn't really appeal to me, so I guess the cheat days are working for me.

Danielle: as far as feeling awkward, trust me, I feel that too. I'm very overweight in comparison to a lot of the people in the boot camp I go to, but I figured, I dont' know them, they don't know me...so it's not gonna hurt. You are probably worse on yourself that others would be. The women I worked out with last week (and I was SUPER nervous starting out), were so wonderful and supportive, that I soon forgot if I didn't have the best form - at least I was trying and moving.

Ok, so I will make another goal - try and check in daily here. Anyone else up for that???

Savemykissesx
12-11-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm right there with you on the cold part, ugh! I've had a crazy cold too since thanksgiving but luckily it has been getting better -- I think I am finally at the end of it, thank goodness.

We had a holiday meal this past tuesday and I was proud of myself and you should be proud of yourself, too! We also have a brunch this upcoming wednesday where we all make food, and that's totally going to be my cheat day but I will still try to eat proper portion sizes and not go too crazy. :\ this is a hard time of the year to be on a diet.

That's good you're kept accountable for your food & everything - I don't use fitness pal but I used to, and maybe will again one day soon, but as of right now I am just trying to follow the 3121 diet Dolvett set up.. aside from his crazy workouts every day O.O

I hope you and the girls start to feel better soon, because I sure know how you feel being sick with a cold, ugh.. not fun at all. I can't imagine having to take care of two little babies along with it, too. I'd probably collapse so I completely understand wanting to rest and skip the work out. :|

I'm sure a lot of people would be kind and nice to me in the classes, but it's not just that, it's also the scheduling/times. IF I could find one that kind of fit into my schedule a bit better I would more than likely atleast try it out, but so far that hasn't happened as of yet.

I am definitely down for a daily check in with you girls - I'd love it, if you don't mind me doing so... I went on the treadmill tonight for 40 or so minutes and walked 2.25 miles, which wasn't very fast at all and wasn't very much but I really am trying to work myself into getting my heart into the exercising thing again. Right now I just haven't been feeling it. I injured myself a little while back and since then even though I'm healed, I just haven't been able to get myself back into the groove of my workout routine I used to be in. :\

I also drank my 96oz of water.. well I am almost done with the last bottle but I can do it! :]

Health Nut
12-12-2013, 11:57 AM
I feel bad about my eating today, I guess it's not THAT bad but I am trying to stick with a certain regime/low-calorie diet and when I screw up even if by a tiny bit, I get upset. I want to never have breaks, and have consistent weight loss.. basically, THE DREAM! Winter is not making it any easier. Any of you just crave really warm things like hot chocolate with marshmallows, or an apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream? :(

I had:
- 1 granola bar, and a cup of coffee (150 calories)
- 1 big salad with chicken (No idea as I was eating out, but I guessed 450 calories)
- grilled chicken with veggies + a tub of low-fat yogurt (350 calories)
- 2 granola bars (300 calories)
- 1 granny smith apple (75 calories)

Totals to about 1350 calories which is not bad but I was aiming for 1200 AND I am still very hungry. :( These granola bars are the death of me, they added 450 calories with so little tummy filling up.

Savemykissesx
12-12-2013, 01:25 PM
If you feel like that maybe you should just toss them ;p I think your choices didn't seem that bad at all. <3 Keep it up & I'm sure you'll be feeling & seeing the results in no time. xox

Don't you just hate when you're still hungry at the end of the day? Last night after my walk on the treadmill I was surprisingly not hungry at all.. and so I forced myself to eat an apple for dinner. :|

Health nut - I also understand wanting consistent weight loss with no breaks, too. I totally would love that. So far so good.

Health Nut
12-13-2013, 03:36 AM
Savemykissesx: Ugh don't we all? Thank you for the sweet words of encouragement.

I woke up today and indeed my scale said I lost 2 pounds. I am now at 210 lbs! :D Only 10 pounds till I am under 200s... I CANNOT WAIT!

Savemykissesx
12-13-2013, 11:08 AM
You can do it!

Yesterday was a good day for me, it was my cheat day on my diet. How exciting is that?! This week has been my first week of "dieting" or I should say starting my lifestyle change. It's more like eating the right things and not overeating kind of thing. But the cool thing about it is we are supposed to trick our bodies and metabolisms so that we eat 'clean' for 3 days and then have 1 cheat day, then eat clean for another 2 days and then have another cheat day to end the week. So far it's been working for me. Monday when I started I weighed 179.4 today I weighed 176.8 after my cheat day yesterday - I am proud of that number considering I really haven't done the exercising that I need to be doing, too. So for me to still be losing it's wonderful. I did gain .8lbs yesterday but I have totally been expecting my body to go up and down with the weight and so far I have been at a constant down every morning when I weigh myself, so I am totally not beating myself up for that .8, it was kind of expected, especially because it was my cheat day & I didn't even work out yesterday either. [at all, not even walking on the treadmill] :devil: I'm such a rebel.

For food.. oh my gosh, breakfast was heaven.. having pancakes with sugar free maple syrup, I can't wait for sunday morning for this again! Lunch was also really delicious - They have a place called 'bagel world' where they clearly make their own bagels, but they also make sandwiches with them and everything, I had a roast beef and smoked turkey specialty sandwich on a vegetable bagel. Usually I'd eat the whole sandwich and I'd eat it with a bag of chips and a soda, diet (I just have always preferred diet soda's taste over regular soda) but I had consciously decided I was going to be smart with my choices and I had only half of my sandwich for lunch with a side of snap peas steamfresh veggies, and no soda. I am actually doing a 21 day challenge right now to drink atleast 90oz of water daily and have 0 soda's including the diet sodas I absolutely could die for. I had the other half of my sandwich for dinner & I had made myself a salad that I decided I was going to have as a side, so it all worked out. & I have gotten my 90oz + of water in a day for the last 4 days :D

Tonight I am planning on surprising my Mom and going to her house to have a 'girls night' and to have a sleep over. Always a good time but I also have to write my food meal plans down and tomorrow I'll have to work on making them, etc. We'll see.. I may end up spending sunday actually cooking. But, I have to rush home to go pick up my pup.. I am bringing my small dog Tinka definitely, I have been kind of going back and forth about bringing my bigger dog Stubbie with me, too. I think my Mom's going to love the surprise, but we'll see. The only thing I'm kind of feeling anxious about is not having my scale tomorrow morning to weigh in with... is it weird that I was thinking of bringing it? Because it's the same scale I've been weighing myself with and I don't want to skip a day. Weighing everyday so far has been nice for me.

MaddiesMom
12-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Danielle: WAY TO GO!! You are doing awesome - making small changes makes a huge difference. I make all my food and measure it out on Sunday, for all of my meals, so it's pretty easy for me to figure out meals. I eat the same thing a couple times a week, but I'm fine with that (especially lunches).

Health Nut: Be careful on the granola bars, there are a ton of carbs and sugar in those that could keep you from losing faster. Perhaps a protein shake? My trainer said that if you're hungry at the end of the day and working out, it's the way to go. Perhaps something like that? There are a ton of better options for the 300+ calories (ok, sorry for that...I was addicted to them too, until I looked at all the "stuff" in them).

A great option that I have found that doesn't have a ton of calories and isn't too horrible is nonfat greek yogurt, I have it with 1/4 cup of fresh raspberries (they are low in sugar) and then 1 tblespoon of organic honey. The nonfat greek is very sour, so the organic honey helps and doesn't add a ton of calories.

Still no workout for me, I feel like I've been hit by a bus thanks to this cold. Wanted to call in sick to work, but had to come in because of everything going on (I work in HR). I am going tomorrow for a workout and then tomorrow is my cheat day (I get one per week). I am finding that giving up the carbs, bread, sweets etc really isn't that bad, since I get to have them on the weekend and enjoy them with the family.

Had a 1 on 1 training call with my coach yesterday and talked about goals, etc. He said you could safely lose 1.5-2% of your body weight each week, so I would be able to potentially lose 4-5 lbs a week. He's going to push me and said that I could reach my goal in 6-7 months. So, there is a plan in place (the last time I lost this weight, it took over a year due to injuries). Excited by the prospect that I could be in my new body by summer. I just want to keep up with my kids. :)

Hope everyone is doing well! Glad we're posting more often! :)

MaddiesMom
12-13-2013, 11:53 AM
Ok, and I'm down to 257!! So, that's 11 pounds down in 2.5 weeks!! :)

burgundyrayne
12-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Hey ladies. It must be going around. I've been sick too, just starting to feel normal again. I've been super busy getting ready for a benefit dinner on Sunday. We are planning to feed 300+ people. I haven't worked out this week, when I try I end up having a coughing fit. Been staying away from the scale too. I know I need to get back on it and see what I have gained. Yikes.

My cousin has a treadmill she doesn't use and told me I could have it. So excited about that, just have to go get it.

Hope you all feel better soon. I will try to do personals tomorrow.

MaddiesMom
12-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Hi Ladies,

Well, it was snowy and crappy out and I was super duper tired at 6:15 this morning and still trying to get over this cold.....but.........I still got up and went to boot camp! That's right- outside in workout clothes clearing off the minivan and hoping to make it on time.

Had a great workout, another "Hurricane" circuit. I totally love the new trainer, Dustin (he owns the place). He really knows how to get you motivated and explains how all the warm up and stretches and exercises benefit the body. He understands I may not be perfect now, but that I'm trying. My plan is to go 3 times this next week and then the week of Christmas, to try and make 4-5 days, depending on soreness.

Food has been ok today, started out with Oikos greek yogurt and fruit. Tonight is my cheat meal, still not sure what I'm having, but it has to hold me over for a week, so it better be good! :)

Hope everyone is doing well. Burgundy: hoping you feel better soon! I HATE being sick. And yea! for a treadmill! When we move (hoping this summer), I will get one as well from my mother in law. Don't have the space now, but the next house has to be bigger (right now in a 2 BR with 5 of us and no basement - it's a bit cramped).

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

dancerindenver
12-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Hey girls!
Maddiesmom - congrats on your losses!
Burgundy - great news about the treadmill - that should be a big help in getting in your miles.

Went for a three mile walk today and am planning on a hike tomorrow. I'm feeling chubby but haven't been on the scale in a week - too chicken ;)

I had a cookie exchange party last night and didn't have a single bite of cookies so small achievement. Hope you guys are doing well at resisting temptations :)