100 lb. Club - Getting out of the 280's and 270's (New!)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Silverfire
04-02-2013, 01:32 PM
I'll start this new one off I guess :)

Sometimes I feel like this whole weight loss thing is too easy. I feel like I should be struggling more than I am. I talk with some other friends who are also trying to lose and they are constantly telling me how hard it is for them to eat right, or to get motivated to go to the gym. I either feel like I must be doing something wrong that this isn't harder (pretty sure not though, since I am ~25 lbs down) or I feel like tell them all to suck it up, it's not that hard. :lol: I don't say that though, I try to offer suggestions of what is working for me, and try to be as encouraging as I can.

It really is so very different for each person.

joefla70
04-02-2013, 01:47 PM

Sometimes I feel like this whole weight loss thing is too easy. I feel like I should be struggling more than I am. I talk with some other friends who are also trying to lose and they are constantly telling me how hard it is for them to eat right, or to get motivated to go to the gym. I either feel like I must be doing something wrong that this isn't harder (pretty sure not though, since I am ~25 lbs down) or I feel like tell them all to suck it up, it's not that hard. :lol: I don't say that though, I try to offer suggestions of what is working for me, and try to be as encouraging as I can.

I know what you mean Silverfire. In the past it has been very hard for me to lose because of lack of will power, motivation, etc. For whatever reason, this time it has been different. I still marvel at how I have been able to stay on plan for as long as I have, and I pray that it continues. I realize, however, that I've only been doing this for 8 months, and I have to do it for the rest of my life (albeit when in maintenance I can add more things back into my diet). So, I've never thought about losing weight in terms of it being "easy", but rather, that I have been able to muster the strength to do something very difficult that I have failed to be able to do before.

This past week I stayed the same weight as last week. What irks me is that Sunday night I came down with a stomach flu and hardly ate anything on Monday. Yet this morning my weight was pretty much the same! The last time I had a stomach flu I lost several pounds! So, at least there was a sliver lining to it. This time -- not so much!

Silverfire
04-02-2013, 02:05 PM
I know what you mean Silverfire. In the past it has been very hard for me to lose because of lack of will power, motivation, etc. For whatever reason, this time it has been different. I still marvel at how I have been able to stay on plan for as long as I have, and I pray that it continues. I realize, however, that I've only been doing this for 8 months, and I have to do it for the rest of my life (albeit when in maintenance I can add more things back into my diet). So, I've never thought about losing weight in terms of it being "easy", but rather, that I have been able to muster the strength to do something very difficult that I have failed to be able to do before.

This past week I stayed the same weight as last week. What irks me is that Sunday night I came down with a stomach flu and hardly ate anything on Monday. Yet this morning my weight was pretty much the same! The last time I had a stomach flu I lost several pounds! So, at least there was a sliver lining to it. This time -- not so much!

Must just be that particular mindset, you have to be in the right headspace perhaps. I guess it was similar to when I tried and failed at quitting smoking those times... Then the last time, it was just F*ck it, I'm done. And I was, that was it. It's been a few years now. I have never really truly tried to lose weight before, I always just assumed it was impossible and I couldn't do it....

I saw a quote that sort of sums it up for me. "If you are not passionate about what you are doing, you will not succeed" or something along those lines. I feel dedicated and motivated and am constantly wanting to learn and do more. 80% of my internet time is spent here, learning what other people are doing, or what not to do. Or else I am googling other aspects of weight loss, exercise, healthy eating.

Sucks that you had the flu and didn't get that, somewhat expected, drop in lbs, what a waste of a stomach bug :lol: ;)

belovedspirit
04-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Silverfire, that totally makes sense. I'm glad you decided to give it a go and see if it's possible! ;) And congrats on quitting smoking -- AMAZING!! :D

I was sick yesterday and I couldn't really eat, so the scale dropped a few lbs. Yay. I secretly hope it keeps going down from there. ;) 282.7...

Thanks for the welcome! :)

sassyangies
04-03-2013, 05:21 AM
I think our mindset has allot to do with losing weight because I also have tried to lose so many times and only got tired of it and quit and gained it back. I dont know for sure, but this time feels real to me. Today I hardly thought about what I was going to eat at all. Not like when I first started. I was constantly thinking about food and when I was going to eat again. So this time I feel good about it, I make a mental note each day to make it a good day and that's it. The rest will happen.

Keep Moving Forward
04-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Silverfire, I've had similar feelings lately. I know I've been eating VERY differently lately (as well as a lot less) and I'm working out fairly consistently, but it still doesn't seem like I'm working that hard to lose like I am. And a family member keeps complaining about how hard it is for her & I'm like, it's really not that hard.

I absolutely agree with y'all about it being all about mindset. This is the first time I have ever been able to see myself actually achieving my goals & sticking to my healthy lifestyle for the long term.

Silverfire
04-03-2013, 12:26 PM
I guess it is pretty easy to sabotage yourself, if you aren't really ready to make a change. If your brain isn't totally on board, your body won't be either I think.

I have always thought about losing weight, wishing I was thinner, wanting to wake up skinny and would fantasize about it constantly, but had I taken all that brain energy and moved it towards thinking about what I could DO to get healthy and thinner instead of just wishing for it, I can only imagine how much father along I would be now lol!

All these good changes are starting to become second nature (and that is the whole plan really) I get up and go to the gym in the mornings. I just do it. Then I go after work. I automatically just drive there after work, not even thinking about it. I pack my lunch as I am making dinner, now I always chop up extra veggies when I am making dinner salad so I have some for lunch the next day.

Feels so good to have a routine that is pretty easy to stick to. I am thankful that I don't have a busy life, I work one job, have a boyfriend and a cat, who are both pretty low maintenance ;) I have the luxury of having plenty of time to myself. I know most people don't have that much time and it blows my mind the things that busy people are able to juggle and accomplish!!

Beloved - I hope it sticks and you can just go down from there :D

I am down to 272 today, I am all over the scale this week it seems. Hoping things continue in a downward trend!!

sassyangies
04-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Hey Ladies.. another great OP day for me. I hope I see a great loss on Monday. I reallly want to go lose a little faster than my last challenge. I only lost 2.8% the last 6 weeks. Little more please..lol.. I hope everyone is having a great week so far. I feel good, my knee is feeling a little better. I think I might try some water aerobics tomorrow morning see how that feels. Then work again.. We can do this guys!!

wannaskipandlaugh
04-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Hello all..... We sure did need a new thread :)

I have to agree with mindset and dieting. It seems like (in the past) when I would go great guns about losing weight and writing goals down wayyyyy ahead of time and really dwelled on the dieting (food I needed to eat) that I would make it maybe 3 days maybe a week. This time and 5 years ago when I lost 65 lbs (because I was flying to Puerto Rico for a cruise for my 50th birthday and did not want to pay for 2 seats and maybe find a romance (NOT) :( ) I just started eating the correct way with what I could find in the fridge etc. Did not go shopping,,, just started with what I have. Now I live alone and have frozen Pizzas, icecream, ff, breaded meat, BREAD etc in my fridge.... but I do not even want it. Its like my mind (sub conscience) has just taken over my body and thoughts and I am on auto pilot. I still open the fridge and look for answers... but I don't even look at the off plan food. Not at all. It is funny but I love not having to do the Mind Work and the negotiating of the all powerful EGO. I think my EGO has realized that it wants to inhabit a healthier body and is cooperating... OH GOSH I hope I did not just wake it up..... Where's the ice cream????? LOL

Anyway... I think we all use what we can to be strong. Some have children that they need to be healthy for, possibility of children, a significant other, a job or just competition with a friend. We use what we use and hopefully it does become Automatic and easy.

Thank you tho for being there when my EGO wakes up and whispers to me... YOU all are wonderful to listen too, read and learn from.

Moreta
04-03-2013, 10:17 PM
:wave: I would like to join in. I'm at 276 right now. I just started this whole diet thing on Monday. I'm not really doing anything special yet, just giving up soda. It'll save me 800-1000 calories a day. My H is doing the same thing. I feel optimistic about dieting this time and I think with the support of my husband and on here that I can do it.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Moreta....Welcome and YOU (both) CAN do it! :) As they say.. don't think just do :D

belovedspirit
04-04-2013, 01:43 AM
Welcome Moreta!

Thanks Silverfire. I hope so too! It sounds like you have your routines down pat. How awesome. :)

Congrats Sassyangies! One day at a time adds up!

I'll see how it goes... I didn't weigh myself this morning. My food intake has been a little odd lately, making it hard for me to tell whether I'm eating just enough or more than that. My plan is to be more consistent tomorrow and the day after and so on, and hopefully that 282.5 will continue into the 270s. *fingers-crossed*

belovedspirit
04-04-2013, 10:27 AM
How is everyone doing today?

I weighed myself this morning. The scale rose by 3 lbs sometime in the last 2 days. :( I guess that is bound to happen. My follow through plan is more consistent, nutritious eating, exercise when I can, and being in this for the long haul.

joefla70
04-04-2013, 10:46 AM
I guess I had better be careful what I wish for! The other day I lamented on how I had the stomach flu - but didn't show an accompanying loss of weight on the scale. I realize that any loss of weight would mostly be temporary anyway because it would be the result of (1) a loss of fluids and (2) not eating much. Nevertheless, it was frustrating seeing the number on the scale stay the same given all of that.

Well, fast forward to last night. After thinking that my stomach flu was just a 24 hour variety bug because I was symptom-free yesterday, the bug came back last night -- with a vengeance! But this time it knocked a couple extra pounds off when I weighed myself this morning because for the first time I am in the 270s (279). (If there was an emoticon for a half-hearted, semi-sarcastic cheer, I would insert it here.] I am leery of the eventual bounce-back on the scale, so I am not even bothering to change my weight in my profile or signature. But it was nice to see a preview of the 270s -- even if I had to endure a stomach flu to see it. :)

Silverfire
04-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Scale said 271.0 today.

That was pretty incredible considering I hate two small pizza's to myself last night and was so full (of gas I think) that I, no word of a lie, was convinced I was having a heart attack. I freaked out. I didn't know what to do, I didn't want to go to the hospital claiming to be having a heart attack when really it was a big fart stuck up in my colon or something. That would be too embarrassing!! I drove to the store last night to get some gas releaser stuff. I am 98% better this morning, but the area under my left rib cage is still tender... It was a horrible night. I skipped the gym and work today. I am just going to take it easy for the day.

fadedbluejeans
04-04-2013, 11:17 AM
silverfire...that sounds like a gall bladder attack.

Silverfire
04-04-2013, 12:17 PM
silverfire...that sounds like a gall bladder attack.

I thought that too, but its my left side not my right...

Silverfire
04-04-2013, 02:16 PM
It started to hurt more, so I went to the walk in clinic. I told the doctor what was wrong and he said it's probably a pulled muscle. I told him I had been going to the gym quite a bit and he nodded and said yup, pulled muscle. I told him I was convinced that I was having a heart attack and he laughed and said your heart is here and pointed to the middle of my chest. He was very nice and said my heart sounded good, my lungs were good, blood pressure was normal and my pulse was good too. I picked some some drugs and am going to keep on the pain killers for a while and take it easy at the gym. I am sure glad I wasn't having a hear attack. Phew

Keep Moving Forward
04-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Glad to hear you're okay, Silverfire!

Silverfire
04-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Thanks, I got all stressed and panicked about nothing really lol! I took some pain killers and am fine.

How is everyone else doing today? It's a pretty lovely Thursday here, snow if FINALLY melting! I get to go sell some merch for a old school metal band in Regina this weekend that I am looking forward to :) What everyone's plans for the weekend?

wannaskipandlaugh
04-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Silverfire... I am so glad that you are doing ok (tho take it easy with the strained muscles and you never know what the ole gas can do to you too) My gallbladder pain was over my whole chest and my back.. I think it is where ever the nerve endings are ....

Glad your snow is melting. We are having a terrific rain storm down here in So Fla. Tornado warnings and lots of standing water on US 1 (I drove thru coming home from work). This is what happens in Fla during the summer. LOTS and LOTS of big rain storms. So we stay inside in the summer and out in the winter.. Opposite the rest of Northern US and Canada :) (I like summers up north!!)

joefla70
04-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Silverfire... I am so glad that you are doing ok (tho take it easy with the strained muscles and you never know what the ole gas can do to you too) My gallbladder pain was over my whole chest and my back.. I think it is where ever the nerve endings are ....

Glad your snow is melting. We are having a terrific rain storm down here in So Fla. Tornado warnings and lots of standing water on US 1 (I drove thru coming home from work). This is what happens in Fla during the summer. LOTS and LOTS of big rain storms. So we stay inside in the summer and out in the winter.. Opposite the rest of Northern US and Canada :) (I like summers up north!!)

I got caught in that storm too. I got so drenched with rain going from a store to my car (I stupidly left my umbrella in car) that I don't think I could have gotten wetter if I jumped in a lake! There was hail too!

belovedspirit
04-05-2013, 03:01 AM
Joefla70 -- it sounds like you're feeling better and that's great news. I can completely understand feeling happy to have seen a lower digit, even if we suspect it might be temporary. I experienced the same thing recently.

Silverfire -- that sounds rough! I'm always surprised when something like a muscle pull, which doesn't sound that terrible, is in fact terrible to experience. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Well, I felt a bit depressed today and ate way more than normal during the day. None of it was terrible, just extra food. I'm also running on little sleep, so my body's demanding energy from somewhere, anywhere (I guess). When I got home, I had a bunch of cheese (cringe.. lol) but I also made myself a juice (juicing), which I'm hoping will help keep me on track.

Question to y'all... do you ever feel more inclined to binge on unhealthy food when you've been eating poorly? Does the craving go away once you begin to nourish your body well? Lately I've been contemplating if part of my insane cravings for junk food stem from my body lacking nutrients...

wannaskipandlaugh
04-05-2013, 08:51 AM
Joefl..... Oh gosh... I hope you dried off really fast when you got to where you were going and did not get any sicker. Are you feeling better? I hope so. GOOD thing is... we just have 1 more day of rain then a PERFECT weekend. Yeah... Still no airconditioning yet. I am holding out LOLOL

Spirit... I am sorry you are down, we all have those days of eating extra. Maybe train your mind to think of other things to get you past the temptation? I keep thinking that I do NOT want to get any of the lbs lost back again.. no no no. But that is me... I don't really crave the unhealthy stuff as I don't eat very many carbs.. so that craving has mostly gone away for me. When it does... I talk to myself and look for something else (deviled eggs for me yum yum)..

Have a great and happy day all!!

Keep Moving Forward
04-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Question to y'all... do you ever feel more inclined to binge on unhealthy food when you've been eating poorly? Does the craving go away once you begin to nourish your body well? Lately I've been contemplating if part of my insane cravings for junk food stem from my body lacking nutrients...

When I'm eating properly, with the exception of hormonal intervention, I don't have cravings for bad foods at all. Now, if they're placed in front of me, it may be hard to resist as I'm a Compulsive Sugar Eater (is there a support group for that?) When I'm eating the junky foods, I definitely have the desire to eat more junk food. It's a vicious cycle.

fadedbluejeans
04-05-2013, 01:07 PM
I thought that too, but its my left side not my right...

I'm glad you're feeling better. My gall bladder pain was not just on the right side, in fact it was mostly on the left side/middle and I also thought I was having a heart attack - awful feeling! A chest muscle strain is no picnic either but that would be less worrisome to me. Hope it feels better soon!

joefla70
04-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Joefla70 -- it sounds like you're feeling better and that's great news. I can completely understand feeling happy to have seen a lower digit, even if we suspect it might be temporary. I experienced the same thing recently.

Joefl..... Oh gosh... I hope you dried off really fast when you got to where you were going and did not get any sicker. Are you feeling better? I hope so. GOOD thing is... we just have 1 more day of rain then a PERFECT weekend. Yeah... Still no airconditioning yet. I am holding out LOLOL!

Yeah, I'm feeling better today. Thanks. :) Anything is better after that first day of the stomach flu! But I've dealt with the after-effects for several days now. But you know, the stomach flu is a dieter's best friend! The past couple days it has acted as an appetite suppressant. During these past few days all I have had for breakfast and lunch is two protein shakes, and then for dinner I've had some protein and veggies. Unintentionally, I've probably kept my caloric intake under 1000 calories these past few days. On the scale this morning I weighed in at 277.8. (I believe I was ~281 on 3/31). So, there is definitely a silver lining. I just hope the weight stays off for the most part.

Well, I felt a bit depressed today and ate way more than normal during the day. None of it was terrible, just extra food. I'm also running on little sleep, so my body's demanding energy from somewhere, anywhere (I guess). When I got home, I had a bunch of cheese (cringe.. lol) but I also made myself a juice (juicing), which I'm hoping will help keep me on track.

Sorry to see that you are depressed. Until a few weeks ago I was doing the same thing (eating extra food). I didn't find myself craving unhealthy food to binge on. So, I wasn't really going off my plan list of food. But I was eating a larger quantity of on-plan food in the form of late-night snacking. Sometimes those snacks turned into mini-binges because they involved more than one item of food. I wasn't gaining any weight doing this (which is an encouraging thought looking forward towards maintenance) but I wasn't losing anything either. Because I was doing this I was stuck at between 293 and 295 for several weeks. I knew that I had to get back on track in order to start losing weight again. Once I cut out those late night snacks I've rapidly lost 15 pounds. (And now 3 more thanks to the stomach flu!) The thing about my "binging"

Moreta
04-05-2013, 10:50 PM
I was going to exercise today, but now I'm sick with a cold or something. I'm just going to wait until Monday. I've only been drinking one can of soda per day and I've lost 1.4 lbs in 2 days. I haven't changed anything else. So i think that's pretty good. Next week I'll change more. Going to go to the vitamin store tomorrow and pick up some Chitosan. I lost a lot of weight the last time I used it.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Moreta..... Love the Avatar,,, That is one of my favorite book series (Pern) :) I hope that you are feeling better and yes.. getting rid of soda's and all its sodium and sweetners (real and artificial) is so much healthier for your body.

Some good homeopathic stuff I take for a cold.... Esberitox is is Echinacea supercharged LOL and it does help kick the cold in the butt (along with zinc)

Take care and have a restfull weekend

GirlyGirlSebas
04-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Hi guys. Mind if I start posting here? I need the support and you all seem to be a bit more active than most. I don't post a ton, but I do visit each morning to catch up and do my daily weigh-in.

Today is day #3 of being back on-plan. Normally, I sleep until noon on Saturdays, but I was wide awake after 8.5 hours of sleep and ready to clean house. It's a miracle, I tell you.:D

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-06-2013, 11:51 AM
GirlyGirlSebas Come on in :) You are so welcome... )

Good for you for continuing on plan and already feeling better! Your body is not as lethargic now that you are healthier :) YEAH... But I know about sleeping in on Saturdays (if I can with cats jumping all over me) is a nice thing to make up for the weekly stress. But you are on a roll --- have fun accomplishing everything you want to do! :)

joefla70
04-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Well, this morning I weighed in at 276.4. So far (knock on wood) I have not had any bounce-back in weight from the stomach flu. In fact, I've kept losing. That brings me to a 5+ pound weight loss so far this week, with my official weekly weigh-in tomorrow. (But it wouldn't surprise me if I bounced back up a little tomorrow morning. I keep waiting for it!). But in any event, it seems like I am definitely clear of the 280s for good. Hopefully the 270s will go just as fast! ;)

sassyangies
04-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Well, been mia for a couple days. Sorry about that. Hope you all are well. I saw 275 briefly on the scale yesterday, but back up to 277 today. Goodness I'm losing my umph.. I'm going to get a little stricter and start drinking more and more water. I have to make this a quicky since I have to get ready for work soon. Hope all is well with you guys..

Silverfire
04-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Ohhh I am almost out of here! This morning showed me 269.8! I don't think it's going to stick yet though. It's been a bad week, I haven't been to the gym since Tuesday and have been over my calories (not toooooo bad tho) and I am spending the day at the Casino selling merch for a concert. I already picked up a turkey sammich from the cafe in here instead of the chicken fingers and fries that smelled soooooo good. But I have a feeling its going to be fast food at 2 am when I am done for the night. We'll see :) Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend. I am looking forward to hitting the gym on Monday and getting back to the C25k!! I have only done one day so far.

belovedspirit
04-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Welcome GirlyGirlSebas!

Good luck everyone with your on-plan plans! I was at 285.0 this morning. fingers-crossed I lose weight this weekend and coming week. :)

Missys Mom
04-07-2013, 12:43 AM
Hi everyone. I joined this site a little while ago and started Weight Watchers back in February. My first weigh in was 275 and Im now at 262 but its getting tedious and Im already wanting to throw in the towel.....I am so hungry all the time and I am doing what they told me to do, eat all my points, the extra and the activity points and Im still hungry....mind you, not every day but more days than not. I walk my dog three times a day but it doesnt seem to be enough. One of you mentioned hitting the gym twice a day, I may have to start doing that as well seeing as I only work part time....here's to me thinking more positive and trying that twice a day work out thing during the week while Im working....I hope, lol.

slick776
04-07-2013, 01:27 AM

I feel the same way, but the biggest question I ask myself is why can't I stick with it long enough to see long term results?

sassyangies
04-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi ladies.
Welcome Missy's Mom. Sorry your alwasy hungry. Maybe you should try and calculate the calories your taking in and make sure your eating enough. I'm sure you are, but it wouldn't hurt to see ya know. Or change up your foods a little to see if that helps. I hope it gets easier for you. You are doing awesome!!

Silver - Yay!!! Your almost out of here. Good for you. Sounds like you had a long day, I hope it went well the rest of the night.

Slick and Silver, I feel the same way. It feels so easy when I'm doing it (other than the days I just want to eat everything), but why can't I keep it long term. This time around is actually the longes I've done it and I pray everyday for the strength to keep it going ya know.

Beloved, I hope you lose this week too. We can do this.

Joe that's awesome that your that low. I hope it sticks too. I hope you feel better also. Blah.. I hate being sick.

I weighed in at 274 today and I was so excited to see that number. I hope it sticks. It better or I'm gonna have something to say. It feels like I haven't lost 2 pounds in a week in awhile. I'm happy for the 2 pounds and greatful that the number is going down. I have to keep telling myself that as long as the number is going down thats all that matter.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!

wannaskipandlaugh
04-07-2013, 01:11 PM
:welcome2: Missy's Mom :)

I know that you are hungry.... I am not doing WW, but there are alot of people on this forum that are and reading their messages... it looks like you are able to eat as many veggies that you want. Maybe eating more of those during the day will help. I (low carb) get to eat alot of protein and that satisfies my hunger really well. Maybe you can eat denser meat? Just thinking that that might help :) Otherwise... I know that there are alot of WW people who can give suggestions :) You can do it!

I am having a great day. Lost 1 1/2 since yesterday (276 now) and down 30 LBS and that is wonderful. Only 1 lb to my 10% off goal and 4 lbs from being 1/4 of the way to my ultimate goal. I kinda see it down the road now LOL I just know I will do it. I see the next mile marker ahead of me (50 lbs off) and at that time the road is bending around the corner and the 1/2 point is only 23 more lbs ahead of that. Just little jumps and goals. It works for my brain LOL

Hope everyone is having a good day and Sassie good for you to be down. You are ahead of me now and given me more incentive!!! WATCH OUT! :D

belovedspirit
04-07-2013, 03:33 PM
CONGRATS everyone for staying on plan and YAY for seeing the weight come off!! :D

My scale read 284.8 this morning, so it's happening slowly but surely. Yay! :) When it's slow like this, I almost forget why I'm doing this. I'll be online extra today. I need to rekindle the desire to enter the 270s. :o

Keep Moving Forward
04-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Still @ 287.7. Sigh. Stocking up on healthy foods today, getting rid of anything tempting.

I went to a bridal shower over the weekend, saw the pictures on facebook later that day, & was really bummed to see that I don't look any different in photos. My chins are still there, my belly still protrudes, though not as much. I did go for a walk/jog yesterday, so that's good.

GirlyGirlSebas
04-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Rachel, keep going! Soon, everyone will be commenting on your losses.

Hi Friends. Today is my official weigh-in day. Lost 3.8 for the week. At first, I was very disappointed as the first week's loss is usually much more. Then, I remembered. I didn't get on-plan until Thursday! I really need to learn to give myself a break and be kind. LOL

So glad to see everyone checking in and to see the great progress.

joefla70
04-08-2013, 02:40 PM
I am very happy this week with my weight loss. Thanks in part to my stomach flu from this time last week, I weighed in at 275.2 this morning. That's about 6 pounds down from last week. And 20 pounds down since 3/12 when I stopped myself from after dinner snacking.

@Angie: Thanks. :) Congrats on your loss too! You are right that any loss is better than no loss! I went through a tough stretch just before I started posting in this thread because I was stuck in the mid 290s for weeks. It was frustrating not seeing any results on the scale when I weighed in. But as I said above, my stall wasn't a plateau. It was my fault because I had allowed myself to snack at night. Big mistake.... that has since been corrected! But what is really frustrating is following your plan to the letter and seeing no results.

@Rachel: I had to get rid of my "trigger" foods too. I have kids, so I can't just get rid of all foods that aren't on my plan (although I try to not keep unhealthy foods around for them either). However, there are plenty of food items in the house that they eat which -- in the past -- I would snack on late at night. The funny thing is that I don't have any problem avoiding those. The things I have a problem with are the items which are healthy, like almonds. They are too addicting to me to eat just a single serving. I have literally kept them in my car to avoid having them too readily available. I've also completely stopped buying them for a while.

@Rhonda: Yeah, why so hard on yourself? 3.8 pounds in 4 days is a great start! But I know what you mean. I have become addicted to seeing results on the scale. Its more addicting than any food. So, when I don't see results, I get frustrated like that too. I have to just tell myself that if I follow my plan, the results will come. They may not come as fast as I would like. But sometimes, like the last fee weeks, they do. So, I try not to get too discouraged when there is a lull in my weight loss.

belovedspirit
04-08-2013, 04:59 PM
@Rachel - good for you! you can totally do this! :)

@Rhonda - woohoo! 3.8 lbs in 4 days is amazing! :carrot:

@Joe - whoa, talk about progress! Also, glad to hear you're feeling better. :)

My weight dropped by 1.5 lbs today. Yay!!! I'm so glad to be doing this. Fingers-crossed I continue to keep at it. :D

wannaskipandlaugh
04-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Hey Silverfire.... WHAT's UP? Did you stick and go down to the 250/260?? Oh please tell us the good news!!

Welll I just checked the 250/260 thread and yeah for Silverfire and Moreta.. They have moved down to that Thread Good for them. Come on we need to join them! :)

belovedspirit
04-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Aw yay! Good for them! I hope to make it there soon.

I was poking around the "out of 190s" thread, trying to make that seem like it could be real one day (it's been so long since I'd weighed that little...). These threads are so fantastic.

Keep Moving Forward
04-09-2013, 02:10 AM
Thanks for the encouragement, people!

Hey Silverfire.... WHAT's UP? Did you stick and go down to the 250/260?? Oh please tell us the good news!!

Welll I just checked the 250/260 thread and yeah for Silverfire and Moreta.. They have moved down to that Thread Good for them. Come on we need to join them! :)

That's awesome. I bet they're super excited.

joefla70
04-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the encouragement, people!

That's awesome. I bet they're super excited.

I bet Silverfire was excited to get into the 260s... for a day, but then got focused on getting OUT of the 250s and 260s! ;)

Silverfire
04-09-2013, 10:16 AM

It suck and I am at 267 this morning - bringing me to a total of 30 lbs lost. Feels pretty awesome. Today I put on a hoodie that I haven't worn in a long time as it was always too tight across the belly. It's still tight, but not so much that I am constantly tugging at it. I call that a win!!! You guys will all get out of the 280's and 270's in no time! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

You nailed it Joe, I am excited, but have set my sights on the next decade!

sassyangies
04-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Hi guys. I hope all is well. Congrats Silverfire. You are doing great!!

I hit 273 yesterday so hopefully I'll be joining you soon. I was so excited about seeing that number and I saw it again today so I think it's gonna stick. I have been doing so good and not even thinking about over eating or eating out or anything. Which is really hard to do when my husband is off. I just told him you can make your own meals during the day and I'll make breakfast. I'm not gonna do all that..lol. He's so funny. He took it fine, was just surprised that I told him. Usually I enjoy making all the meals, but I am so ready to be out of the 280 and 270s its killing me.
Yesterday was my husbands birthday and he wanted me to make him a cinnamon streusal cake for his birthday. (so freaking good) I did make the cake and I gotta tell you I did not have one bite. Not even a sample. All it takes is 1 sample and I am craving it like there's no tomorrow. I hate that feeling ya know. HA I just realized I told him I was cooking anything, but made his cake..lol. well, I couldn't say no to his cake.
I hope everyone is having a great week.

sassyangies
04-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Belovenspririt, Congrats on the weight loss. Thats awesome. You are well on your way.. whooo hooo..

Joe your doing awesome. 20 pounds is great since March. I have't lost a big number like 6 in a week since the beginning. That normally would get me down, but like I said anything is good for me. I'll take it ya know. Good for getting out of the 290s. Sometimes I get so frustrated when I stay at a certain weight for too long..

Rhonda, your doing great!! Keep up the good work! don't be dissapointed just be happy your doing it!

Rachel, it will come over. Don't be discouraged. We can and will do this!!

Sue this is awesome. 30 pounds. We started at almost the same weight so it will be fun to go through this with ya.. Keep up the great work girl!!

belovedspirit
04-10-2013, 03:17 AM
Thanks @sassyangies. Good luck getting out of the 270s!

Things are about the same over here. I guess I'm just checking in, even though I don't have anything to add to that. lol Hope everyone's well. ;)

GirlyGirlSebas
04-10-2013, 09:07 AM
Good morning!

Sassy - Congratulations on not eating any of that birthday cake!
Beloved - Congratulations on that 1.5 lb loss

I've been letting work stress get to me and heading to the kitchen for something to soothe me. That is one of the dangers of working from home. The kitchen is too accessible! Fortunately, I over ate with pecans and not something sugary. I feel like that's a step in the right direction. I've also not been tracking my calories for the last two days. Today, that must stop.

Have a great on-plan day.:sunny:

joefla70
04-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Good morning!

Sassy - Congratulations on not eating any of that birthday cake!
Beloved - Congratulations on that 1.5 lb loss

I've been letting work stress get to me and heading to the kitchen for something to soothe me. That is one of the dangers of working from home. The kitchen is too accessible! Fortunately, I over ate with pecans and not something sugary. I feel like that's a step in the right direction. I've also not been tracking my calories for the last two days. Today, that must stop.

Have a great on-plan day.:sunny:

I know just what you mean! I seem to do fine on my plan when I'm at work. The combination of being busy and not having any off-plan food there keeps me in check. But when I'm at home, and I'm bored, that is the time that is very dangerous for me. If I'm not careful, I'll find myself looking through the pantry or fridge for things to snack on. That has really sabotaged my weight loss at times that I have not been careful. I find that if I keep myself busy at home doing something, rather than just sitting around watching TV at night, I don't even think about food -- and, thus, I don't eat anything.

As of this morning I am 274.8. Its a tiny blip down on the scale in the last two days, but I never know if I can trust such a small variation because my scale can differ by a full pound every time I step on it! So frustrating! Yesterday it told me I was 274 (which I didn't trust), so I stepped off and back on it three times to verify. It kept telling me 274. Usually I would accept it. But I knew there was no way I had gone down that far. So, I waited a minute and then repeated. I then got three straight 275 readings. What the heck is up with that?!?

sassyangies
04-10-2013, 12:25 PM
awww. Joe I understand that with your scale. It took me a few days to belive the 273 on my scale. Today I believe it.. haha.. Sometime I'll go make my coffee get my kid breakfast and then do it again. Aw that darn scale. Love/hate relationship we have!

Rhonda, that is a hard one working from home. I'm not sure how I would handle that. I am home most of the week, but I have a routine down so that I don't do that. Hopefullly you can find a way to not do that or just stock your fridge with some lo cal jellos and veggies and go from there. Good luck hun!!

Well, yesterday was not a bad day. I stayed within my calories. At dinner we had pizza and with 3 slices it put me in the negative on my caloroies, but before I ate the 3rd slice I gave it to my husband who quickly ate it. I was so thankful because then I could have strawberries and free cool whip. So I ended up being a couple hundred under which I really prefer.
I'll check in later. Gotta go take the parents around today! And go out to eat..lol.. I think they would die if we didn't go out to eat.

belovedspirit
04-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Back to following the plan today.

Joe, I completely understand the frustration of inconsistent/unreliable scales. I think they are the bane of every 'dieter' (weight-losser?). Is this by any chance an old scale that needs to be replaced? I also found that weighing myself in the same spot tends to render more consistent results. I don't know if that's applicable to your situation. I just know the madness of inconsistent scale results and wonder if that could help.

Rhonda, you can totally do this! Good for you! :D

Good luck everyone!

joefla70
04-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Back to following the plan today.

Joe, I completely understand the frustration of inconsistent/unreliable scales. I think they are the bane of every 'dieter' (weight-losser?). Is this by any chance an old scale that needs to be replaced? I also found that weighing myself in the same spot tends to render more consistent results. I don't know if that's applicable to your situation. I just know the madness of inconsistent scale results and wonder if that could help.

Rhonda, you can totally do this! Good for you! :D

Good luck everyone!

Its not old. Its a "Weight Watchers" scale, made by Conair. It was cheap and went upto 400lbs, which unfortunately was the reason I bought it.

I've seen scales on amazon.com that got really good reviews for being super accurate. I guess my need for accuracy has not yet surpassed my thriftiness! So, as long as it only gives me ~1lb margin of error, I'll live with it. It will be frustrating, but I'll live with it. In reality, it doesn't really matter.

Keep Moving Forward
04-11-2013, 10:34 AM
284.6 this morning! :yay:

Joe, I have a WW scale, too. I've had it at least a year & it's always been pretty accurate as far as I can tell. But, like you said, as long it shows accurate changes that's all that really matters.

belovedspirit
04-11-2013, 01:24 PM
284.6 this morning! :yay:

Joe, I have a WW scale, too. I've had it at least a year & it's always been pretty accurate as far as I can tell. But, like you said, as long it shows accurate changes that's all that really matters.

You're totally rockin' it! :woohoo:

Joe, gotcha. :)

sassyangies
04-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Hey guys.. Just wanted to check in. Last night went good, and today is shaping up to be a great day. I feel so good. Not sure if it's because I'm as low as I've managed to get, but somethings changing I can feel it. We have went out to eat twice this week and both times I have rocked it. Tomorrow will be a challenge because my husband is off and wants to do peter piper. I'm not sure I can handle it. We'll have to see what I can doto satisfy me while were there, so I don't think about missing out on any of the pizza.
Washed my car yesterday. So glad I got that done. It was like it rained dirt for 2 days. Every time I would go to the car wash the line was at least 20 deep in both lanes. I could not believe it. So we decided to just do it ourselves at a car wash where you use their stuff. Forgot how much work it is, but I'm so glad my car is clean. Can't believe how dirty it got. So I got some excersise in. Happy about that!
I hope everyone is having a great Thursday.

Keep Moving Forward
04-11-2013, 04:40 PM
You're totally rockin' it! :woohoo:

Thank you! :encore:

wannaskipandlaugh
04-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Oh gosh..... well I had my first Off Plan meal tonight.... I am hoping that I can reset and then swoosh (trying that mode LOL Yeah that's my excuse) I had a parm grilled Chix sandwixch at Longhorn with a few (yes just a few ) French Fries It has been more than 3 months since I have had bread much less potatoes and you know.... The chicken tasted good... the bread is exploding in my gut (drank water LOL) and the fries... well they were'nt all that ,,, they were hot, which I like.. but you know... I really don't miss them. Sigh... Well all I can do is hope that my after thoughts of Swooshiness work LOLOLOLOL Oh boy.... If I complain that I gained weight... tell me to PIPE DOWN... But the good thing is... I realize I really don't miss bread and FF.. Whew...

It looks like everyone (LORDY BE LOCKITUP and JOEFLA) is doing darn good this month. I am thinking that most of us (well maybe not me LOL) will get that goal this month. POSSITIVITY... Thats the ticket.

Hope everyone is well and has a great weekend planned... Thanks for listening to me whine.... or wine?? hhhmmm one of those is the good stuff I think. LOL

sassyangies
04-12-2013, 11:36 AM
So excited to say I'm down another pound today. I'm at 272. So glad the scale is moving this month more than last month. Hope everyone is doing awesome!!

Keep Moving Forward
04-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Wannaskip&laugh: I've always felt french fries are overrated ;)

Sassyangies: Yay! You're so close to the 260s!

I can't wait for Monday, my official weigh-in & measurement day. I really feel like I've been doing well this week pound-wise & inches-wise. Every time I put my hands on my hips (which seems to happen a lot) they feel a little smaller!

joefla70
04-12-2013, 12:02 PM
@Sue: I know what you mean about not craving bread. Its weird, but since I've cut it out of my diet - and other starches - I don't crave it anymore either.... which I found surprising. But more than that, I usually avoid it like the plague! (unless its a low carb tortilla or lavash bread or something that that. Once in a while I'll indulge in that).

If you don't mind me asking, after avoiding it for so long and not really craving, what made you want to have it?

@Angie: Awesome! We're going to be in that "Getting out of the 250s and 260s" thread before you know it!

@Rachel: Good luck with your weigh-in on Monday. :) Do you weigh yourself during the week at all, and just have an "official" weigh in once a week? (That's what I do). Or, do you only weigh once a week? I know that it drives some people crazy to weigh every day (and sometimes me too). But, it would absolutely KILL me to wait a week! I wouldn't be able to take the suspense! (EDIT: Never mind. I just realize that you said "Pound"-wise, and not just inches wise. ;)

Well, I am also a bit lighter today. As of this morning's weigh-in I am 273.2. That's a 3 pound loss since my Sunday weigh-in. I'd be happy with that for the entire week, but hopefully I can stay on track this weekend and shed another pound (and now I'll be greedy and say possibly 2).

belovedspirit
04-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Way to go, everyone!

@Angie -- that's great! you'll be out of the 270s in no time!
@Sue -- Good for you! I used to eat bread daily, and couldn't imagine my diet without it. That craving went away bit by bit, even before I began this process, and now I barely eat any and don't miss it! Isn't it funny how that happens?
@Rachel -- good luck!

Well, down to 281.6 this morning. I've realized three things:
a) I don't know that I'm ready for a weigh-in day, but I find without one, I keep bouncing around with my weight since I weigh myself daily.
b) I've unintentionally skipped a few meals lately. I'm starting to think the scale will budge more if I eat. Amazing how that works...
c) I need to sleep better.
I'll give the latter two a shot this weekend, and see how things go! Hopefully I'll be see the 270s in no time! :crossed:

wannaskipandlaugh
04-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Well Joefl :congrat: on your loss and

"If you don't mind me asking, after avoiding it for so long and not really craving, what made you want to have it?"

I think I just wanted to see (tempting fire here) if after eating that my body would maybe let go of extras and not do the 1 lb dance every day. Just thought I would change it up and I never in my mind realized that my desires have changed for the food I used to eat. I would order the Parmesan coated grilled chicken plain any day... it was good.. but eh the rest is no big deal.... I think of bread being just something to hold things together and lettuce leaves do the same thing and taste better... So that was my 1 experiment. Now I can only hope that my body will reset asap and I can lose like the rest of you... otherwise I will be the only one in this thread too!

You all are doing so well. Gosh you lovely people have such great strength of character and will and the scale shows it.... Sassie/Joe/Beloved/Rachel and I am sorry if I missed someone... I can only go back on this thread before my laptop deletes this whole message...

AHHHHH ITS FRIDAY NIGHT AND THE FEELINGS RIGHT WOO HOO

Keep Moving Forward
04-12-2013, 09:04 PM
@Rachel: Good luck with your weigh-in on Monday. :) Do you weigh yourself during the week at all, and just have an "official" weigh in once a week? (That's what I do). Or, do you only weigh once a week? I know that it drives some people crazy to weigh every day (and sometimes me too). But, it would absolutely KILL me to wait a week! I wouldn't be able to take the suspense! (EDIT: Never mind. I just realize that you said "Pound"-wise, and not just inches wise. ;)

Well, I am also a bit lighter today. As of this morning's weigh-in I am 273.2. That's a 3 pound loss since my Sunday weigh-in. I'd be happy with that for the entire week, but hopefully I can stay on track this weekend and shed another pound (and now I'll be greedy and say possibly 2).

Oh I weigh myself pretty much every morning, but I try to tell myself it doesn't "count" if it's not on Monday! If I put too much stock in my daily weighs I will definitely make myself crazy. I can't take the wait either, I even do a measurement or two every few days just to see if I'm making progress. I don't obsess about it as much as I used to though.

3lbs down since Sunday is awesome!!! Good luck with two more, you can do it! :carrot: <-- carrot dance of encouragement!

joefla70
04-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Oh I weigh myself pretty much every morning, but I try to tell myself it doesn't "count" if it's not on Monday! If I put too much stock in my daily weighs I will definitely make myself crazy. I can't take the wait either, I even do a measurement or two every few days just to see if I'm making progress. I don't obsess about it as much as I used to though.

3lbs down since Sunday is awesome!!! Good luck with two more, you can do it! :carrot: <-- carrot dance of encouragement!

:) Well, I was going to reply by saying that I was kinda joking about the "two more" pounds comment, because I should be happy with the 3 pounds lost and, in my past experience I have put back on a pound during the weekend before my weigh-in on Sunday.

But then this morning I weighed in at 269.4. I got on and off the scale like 10 times to make sure it was right because - as I have said recently - my scale tends to play tricks on me and I wasn't believing what it was telling me. But it kept saying 269.4! If that is truly accurate, then I've already lost more than 3 pounds and that would make me down almost 7 pounds this week. I still don't believe that is possible, and I'm fully expecting some bounce-back for my weigh in tomorrow. But until then I'm on cloud 9! [This was edited later in the morning because TMI... I went to go shower and went to the bathroom before getting in the shower, and the scale went from 270.5 (8:30 a.m) to 269.4 (10:00 a.m.). And this was after I had my breakfast protein shake.]

I've been really focusing on a project that I'm working on for a father-daughter event that is coming up next weekend. Because I've been so focused on working on it during the evenings, I have not been thinking about food. So often at night, when I'm bored and just watching tv, I'll be tempted to snack. But I've found that when I'm busy doing something, I don't even think about eating. I need to find more things to keep my myself busy after this project is over!

sassyangies
04-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Joe you are doing amazing. Great job!! Even if a couple come back before tomorrow you are still doing great! I need you to send some mojo my way please!! Hope everyone has a great day. Were having breakfast at my Moms then work for me tonight.

Keep Moving Forward
04-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Joe, it's onwards to the 260s thread for you! :yay:

belovedspirit
04-13-2013, 02:05 PM
279.5!!!!!!! :carrot:

(Very excited, can you tell? :lol:)

Hope you're all having great weekends!

Enjoy the 260s/250s thread, Joe! :)

wannaskipandlaugh
04-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Beloved.. GOOD for you!!
and
JoeFLa70 Wow... What a week you have had and still have tonight to add to the loss ( even if you get on and off at different times ) You are onward to the next thread to join Silverfire. Time to get that thread hopping! So happy for you!

The rest of us should be joining you shortly I am thinking :)

I had a really good day in Cassadaga (Northeast of Orlando) with my mom and a friend of hers who had never been there. This is a Camp (town) of Mediums/psychics/Clairvoyants/Reiki healers etc. The feeling of the whole town is that of peacefullness and wellbeing. It is like a mental battery recharger place and I need that every once in awhile... I had a good reading (won't go into that as it might offend someone) but I know that I am going in a possitive direction in my life (Losing weight/new job and spiritual growth and connection). Its nice to have someone confirm what you already know just to double stamp it with a gold star :) . I love driving adventures and look forward to the next one as a slimmer person to Boot! :)

Hope you all are having the time of your life tonight... Tomorrow is tomorrow, today is NOW. :)

belovedspirit
04-13-2013, 11:31 PM
Beloved.. GOOD for you!!
and
JoeFLa70 Wow... What a week you have had and still have tonight to add to the loss ( even if you get on and off at different times ) You are onward to the next thread to join Silverfire. Time to get that thread hopping! So happy for you!

The rest of us should be joining you shortly I am thinking :)

I had a really good day in Cassadaga (Northeast of Orlando) with my mom and a friend of hers who had never been there. This is a Camp (town) of Mediums/psychics/Clairvoyants/Reiki healers etc. The feeling of the whole town is that of peacefullness and wellbeing. It is like a mental battery recharger place and I need that every once in awhile... I had a good reading (won't go into that as it might offend someone) but I know that I am going in a possitive direction in my life (Losing weight/new job and spiritual growth and connection). Its nice to have someone confirm what you already know just to double stamp it with a gold star :) . I love driving adventures and look forward to the next one as a slimmer person to Boot! :)

Hope you all are having the time of your life tonight... Tomorrow is tomorrow, today is NOW. :)

Thank you, Sue!
Your trip sounds fantastic. I find there is little that parallels feelings of peacefulness and wellbeing. I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy that and receive reassurance about your path in life. Hoorah! :)

belovedspirit
04-13-2013, 11:37 PM
I apologize for the double post! I am making a concentrated effort to stop editing my posts ("hello, my name is beloved and I am an edit-aholic" :lol:). Unfortunately, I clicked "post" before I took the chance to express myself fully :rolleyes: & :p

I made some yummy soup tonight -- chickpeas, leek, eggplant, mushrooms, garlic, and tomatoes. It turned out a tad too salty, but otherwise good. What kinds of foods do you guys make? Are any of you vegetarians?

wannaskipandlaugh
04-14-2013, 09:51 AM
Hello Beloved :) Not to worry about posting too much... More the merrier in my opinion!! Thank you for your kind words and yes I still feel the peaceful energy around me.... but not for long as I am heading out the door for my 2.5 mile walk before it gets TOOO hot :)

I am not a vegetarian (actually do not like veggies except for lettuce and green beans) So I cannot help you... But I know that there are alot of people on this forum who LOVE veggies and have the neatest way of cooking them (If I could trade the veggies for meat and cook them the way they described I would be in heaven).. I am sure that you will hear feedback from someone.

Peace to you and enjoy the Day!! :)

Alyssa Autopsy
04-14-2013, 12:10 PM
hello everyone! and how are you all doing?

i weighed in at 182.4, which i think is great ^^ i can't WAIT to get to the 170s!!

sassyangies
04-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Hi everyone!!

Alyssa great job. You are well on your way girl.. Cute pic too!!

Beloved spirit, no worries about the way you post. Sues right the more the merrier.

Joe did the weight loss stick? I hope so hun. No worries if it didn't your doing great!!

I'm excited to say that I'm down to 271 today. So a loss of 3 pounds this week. I haven't had a 3 pound week in awhile an I'm so freakin excited!! Instead of eating all my calories I've been letting my body kind of tell me when it's hungry to see if that still worked on me.. Turns out it does. I just ate last night when I was hungry and then didn't eat anymore. I had calories left over, but not too many. I'm going to keep doing this to see if I can keep losing weight.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. Off to work for me again later today!!

joefla70
04-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Hi everyone!!

Alyssa great job. You are well on your way girl.. Cute pic too!!

Beloved spirit, no worries about the way you post. Sues right the more the merrier.

Joe did the weight loss stick? I hope so hun. No worries if it didn't your doing great!!

I'm excited to say that I'm down to 271 today. So a loss of 3 pounds this week. I haven't had a 3 pound week in awhile an I'm so freakin excited!! Instead of eating all my calories I've been letting my body kind of tell me when it's hungry to see if that still worked on me.. Turns out it does. I just ate last night when I was hungry and then didn't eat anymore. I had calories left over, but not too many. I'm going to keep doing this to see if I can keep losing weight.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. Off to work for me again later today!!

Yep, for the most part it did! I was 269.8 this morning. I gotta say its bittersweet, because while I'm already ready to get out of the 260s and 250s, I don't want to move onto the next thread because I'd miss you guys! I looked ahead to that thread to see how Silverfire was doing, and it doesn't seem to be as active as this one (although I bet Silverfire is changing that). Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support!

Angie, as I said in one of my last posts, I'd take a 3 pound a week loss in a hearbeat! Congrats! I'm glad some of the mojo I sent over worked out. ;)

belovedspirit
04-15-2013, 04:32 AM
Yep, for the most part it did! I was 269.8 this morning. I gotta say its bittersweet, because while I'm already ready to get out of the 260s and 250s, I don't want to move onto the next thread because I'd miss you guys! I looked ahead to that thread to see how Silverfire was doing, and it doesn't seem to be as active as this one (although I bet Silverfire is changing that). Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support!

Angie, as I said in one of my last posts, I'd take a 3 pound a week loss in a hearbeat! Congrats! I'm glad some of the mojo I sent over worked out. ;)

Thanks! Hopefully we'll join you in that thread for a little while. :)

Congrats Sassyangies! :D You are SO close to moving on, too!

Thank you, Sue!

joefla70
04-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks! Hopefully we'll join you in that thread for a little while. :)

Congrats Sassyangies! :D You are SO close to moving on, too!

Thank you, Sue!

I know all of you will!

LadyPurl
04-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Hello everyone I'm new here.

I'm doing WW for now last week was week one and I lost 6lbs, I always seem to do really well on WW for 6 months and then I get frustrated (usually when my weight loss slows down and I stop weighing my food). This time it is different I'm sticking with weight loss for the long haul! Doesn't mean I'll stay with WW the whole way through I may switch after a bit to My Fitness Pal. I think WW doesn't always give me a good idea of things like sodium intake which can affect my weight loss greatly.

This weeks goal is to focus on moving more and getting 30 minutes of exercise daily while staying on plan.

sassyangies
04-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Hi guys!!! I want to tell you I just hit my 40 pound loss. My second goal I set for myself. I'm so excited I could scream. Joe I know what you mean not wanting to move on. I still post in the 300+ chat thread so who knows I might still keep posting in here because you get used to certain people ya know.

Ladypurl, welcome!! I used to be on WW and loved it. All that matters is that you love it and you can do it. Hope to see you around!! Great job on the 6 pounds.

Joe thanks for the mojo. You are doing so awesome. I can't believe how far you have come!! Great job!! Do you have before and after pics anywhere? I would love to see them.

belovedspirit
04-15-2013, 02:47 PM
I know all of you will!

:D

I'm doing WW for now last week was week one and I lost 6lbs, I always seem to do really well on WW for 6 months and then I get frustrated (usually when my weight loss slows down and I stop weighing my food). This time it is different I'm sticking with weight loss for the long haul! Doesn't mean I'll stay with WW the whole way through I may switch after a bit to My Fitness Pal. I think WW doesn't always give me a good idea of things like sodium intake which can affect my weight loss greatly.

This weeks goal is to focus on moving more and getting 30 minutes of exercise daily while staying on plan.

Welcome! :) Yay 6 lbs loss!

Hi guys!!! I want to tell you I just hit my 40 pound loss. My second goal I set for myself. I'm so excited I could scream. Joe I know what you mean not wanting to move on. I still post in the 300+ chat thread so who knows I might still keep posting in here because you get used to certain people ya know.

:carrot: YAY ANGIE!!! :congrat:

I'm doing my own little happy dance -- the scale was at 277.9 lbs today! Continually going down!! :carrot:

joefla70
04-15-2013, 02:54 PM

Ladypurl, welcome!! I used to be on WW and loved it. All that matters is that you love it and you can do it. Hope to see you around!! Great job on the 6 pounds.

Joe thanks for the mojo. You are doing so awesome. I can't believe how far you have come!! Great job!! Do you have before and after pics anywhere? I would love to see them.

Thanks, Angie. I'll try to dig some up. :)

Keep Moving Forward
04-15-2013, 04:27 PM

Welcome to the thread! 6 months with WW is twice as long as I've ever stuck with it, lol! The last time I joined was in January & I went into it knowing it might not last long but my dedication to weight loss is definitely lasting. Once I learned proper portion control & developed a clean-eating lifestyle, I quit WW simply because I didn't need it anymore.

Keep Moving Forward
04-15-2013, 04:39 PM
sassyangies: :bravo::woohoo:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, my scale was @ 285 this morning :halfempty Not cool! But I have noticed a pattern of my weight being up a pound or two on Monday, staying there til about midweek & dropping 2 or 3lbs back down by the week's end, hitting my lowest on Sunday. Weird!

I'm still losing inches though! I measured today & couldn't believe the difference 4 or 5 weeks have made since I started recording my measurements. I've lost anywhere from 1 to 3 inches in various places. That may not be a lot, but it's progress! :carrot:

Alyssa Autopsy
04-15-2013, 04:49 PM
ooooh i'm so close! weighed in at 180.6 today :D

joefla70
04-15-2013, 05:04 PM
ooooh i'm so close! weighed in at 180.6 today :D

You're 100 pounds ahead of us!

(You do realize you're not in the "Getting out of the 170s and 180s" thread, right?) :)

Alyssa Autopsy
04-15-2013, 05:36 PM
You're 100 pounds ahead of us!

(You do realize you're not in the "Getting out of the 170s and 180s" thread, right?) :)

thats weird why is 200+ in the 100 lb. club section? confusion! i'll try to find the thread i was SUPPOSED to be in, no idea how i even got here tbh

joefla70
04-15-2013, 06:04 PM
thats weird why is 200+ in the 100 lb. club section? confusion! i'll try to find the thread i was SUPPOSED to be in, no idea how i even got here tbh

I get confused by the topic headings too. Maybe "100lb club" means people wanting to lose more than 100lbs?

Anyway, you're more than welcome here! I technically don't belong in this thread anymore either, but I've been sticking around :)

Alyssa Autopsy
04-15-2013, 08:09 PM
I get confused by the topic headings too. Maybe "100lb club" means people wanting to lose more than 100lbs?

Anyway, you're more than welcome here! I technically don't belong in this thread anymore either, but I've been sticking around :)

Perhaps, I thought 100 club meant people who are 199 or below. Well, i'm always interested in conversation so if anyone needs some support i'll be around :D

wannaskipandlaugh
04-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Well welcome Alyssa :) We love posters here and love to converse. I think that the 100lb is .... is people wanting to lose 100+ lbs... but either way we all want to lose weight and conquer that gremlin LOL I have a few of those.... about 114 of them LOL It looks like you have done very well... Good for you and you are an inspiration to us here too.

Take care and join in!

LadyPurl
04-15-2013, 09:19 PM
I just purchased the 8 week Zombie 5K program - my big goal is to be able to (mostly) run a 5K, hopefully this helps me reach that goal. I tried C25K before but never made it past the 2nd week because my phone at the time wouldn't let me play music while I ran.

Alyssa Autopsy
04-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Well welcome Alyssa :) We love posters here and love to converse. I think that the 100lb is .... is people wanting to lose 100+ lbs... but either way we all want to lose weight and conquer that gremlin LOL I have a few of those.... about 114 of them LOL It looks like you have done very well... Good for you and you are an inspiration to us here too.

Take care and join in!
thank you! well i started at 205 and want to be 105 (sounds very low, but even at that weight i had a belly and touching thighs, i'm pretty short) so i'm in the wanna-lose-100-pounds club. and as of this morning i am officially 25% of the way there!

and thank you very much! the calorie counting is really what's helping me, i didn't realize how many calories i used to eat! i used to get a 24-ounce lo mein and eat the whole thing for lunch, not realizing it was 2,400 cals in JUST that box of lo mein! and i would eat a lot of junk, like cold pizza for breakfast and lucky charms (3-4 bowls full) for dinner xP now i'm eating proper foods, as well as cutting out stuff like high fructose corn syrup as much as possible. i'll still have 1-2 sodas each month, but i really don't think that'll kill me.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Alyssa.... We do amaza ourselves with what we "used" to eat... thinking ... gosh I did not really eat THAT much LOL I used to eat a whole frozen pizza (and I put extra cheese on it too) and then lie down on the couch and fall asleep... yeah... I have been there too:)

You said in your post that you only drink sodas once or twice a month? It that is all.. then that's nothing.... But for me any kind of refined sugar.. heck even sugar alchohols kill my weight loss (thus I am low carb).

Yes this whole thing is a lesson in how to just eat well and be well I am thinking.... :)

rodeogirl
04-16-2013, 01:46 AM
Just poking my head in to say hello - this will be my new decade thread sometime in May I think.

belovedspirit
04-16-2013, 02:34 AM
Alyssa, that's quite all right! Feel free to chat with us. :D

Just poking my head in to say hello - this will be my new decade thread sometime in May I think.

:welcome: Rodeogirl! :)

joefla70
04-16-2013, 09:19 AM

Congrats on getting out of the 300s. We'll save a place for you here and see you soon!

LadyPurl
04-16-2013, 09:56 AM
I'm nervous we are heading down to family in CT for a visit tomorrow - I have such a hard time controlling myself food wise in CT. It is where I grew up so there are so many foods I miss eating (like grinders, they make italians up here but no one makes a real grinder) and places I miss eating (like good Jewish Deli's with half sour pickles). The next few days will be a challenge for sure, thankfully we are staying in an apartment at my grandma's place so we'll have our own kitchen I'm bringing lots of healthy snacks and things I know are safe to eat and I will just do my best for breakfast and lunch (the meals we usually eat at the apartment) and do my best if we go out to eat. I just need to practice moderation and really listen to my body when it tells me I am full.

Alyssa Autopsy
04-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Alyssa.... We do amaza ourselves with what we "used" to eat... thinking ... gosh I did not really eat THAT much LOL I used to eat a whole frozen pizza (and I put extra cheese on it too) and then lie down on the couch and fall asleep... yeah... I have been there too:)

You said in your post that you only drink sodas once or twice a month? It that is all.. then that's nothing.... But for me any kind of refined sugar.. heck even sugar alchohols kill my weight loss (thus I am low carb).

Yes this whole thing is a lesson in how to just eat well and be well I am thinking.... :)

ive eaten an entire large dominos pizza AND 16-piece bbq wings in one sitting xD see, i used to eat like once a day, but that one time eating would be a huge binge. i still have binging issues now, but it's getting better as i haven't been stocking up on the types of things i binge on... like donuts. i used to get those entemann devils food crumb donuts (my faaaaavorite) and i would be like "oh yeah i'll just have one a day" but then they're gone not 2 hours after i bring them home ;P

yeah soda has a lot of sugar and corn syrup products, so i have it very rarely. i loooove how it tastes so i drink only a little at a time (yesterday i drank 1/4 bottle root beer) and it lasts longer. i kinda make myself sick with it tho because i wasn't thinking about the soda and i had a chocolate carnation breakfast drink... soda does NOT go well with chocolate milk xD

yes, i think everyone, even people who are thin, would do well looking into the calories/fat/sugar/sodium/cholesterol/hfcs etc contents of their foods. its possible to be fat and healthy and possible to be skinny and unhealthy. i used to be skinny (size 0) and unhealthy. i'm much healthier right now at a size 16 since i am actually eating mostly properly and doing some light exercise.

sassyangies
04-16-2013, 11:25 AM
Hey guys!!! Well, that 270 did not last long. I'm not sure why. I have been completely OP and drinking a ton of water so I'm confused. I know it will come back off so Im not goin to stress too much about it. But the scale did go up to 272 today. Blah... And it seems everytime I work out for the first time I'm up a few pounds. Anyone here of that?

Alyssa your doing great. I know exactly what you mean about the eating thing. I could easily eat that whole pizza too with the wings. I feel so much better now that I don't eat like that. I'm sure you do as well. Your right chocolate milk and soda.. Blah!!! Keep up the good work.

Ladypurl, good luck on your trip. Just watch your portions. You can do this!!

Rodeo, congrats on getting in the 2's. See you soon. I think even when I get to the 260s I'll stay here and chat.. If I ever get there..lol..

belovedspirit
04-16-2013, 12:07 PM
@Angies, yep, I've had small rises in weight after working out for the first time. I think it is related to our muscles storing water. I wouldn't worry. Either way, you'll get it off. ;)

@everyone - best of luck staying on plan!

277.5 lbs. I feel excited and relieved! Fingers-crossed the weight continues to come off!! :D

fadedbluejeans
04-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Hey guys!!! Well, that 270 did not last long. I'm not sure why. I have been completely OP and drinking a ton of water so I'm confused. I know it will come back off so Im not goin to stress too much about it. But the scale did go up to 272 today. Blah... And it seems everytime I work out for the first time I'm up a few pounds. Anyone here of that?

That happens to me too. It's frustrating to see the scale go up, but I figure if I know I was OP, it has to be water retention and it will go away in a day or so.

rodeogirl
04-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Thanks everyone! Looking forward to getting here in a couple months - by then most of you will have moved on I bet!

But don't worry there will be more of us coming to keep the legacy alive. :)

Alyssa Autopsy
04-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Alyssa your doing great. I know exactly what you mean about the eating thing. I could easily eat that whole pizza too with the wings. I feel so much better now that I don't eat like that. I'm sure you do as well. Your right chocolate milk and soda.. Blah!!! Keep up the good work.

thanks! yeah i feel more energetic now that i'm eating better. i'm not pouring high fructose corn syrup into my body anymore, i still have soda on occasion so i do still get some in my diet, but i really only drink 1-2 bottles (not big ones! the 16-ounce bottles) per month so i think it's fine. i'm also trying to get more fiber in my diet, as since i've been eating fiber one brownies (and consequentially "going" more) i've been feeling less bloated. i'm also already watching my cholesterol because basically every adult in my family has high cholesterol, including my grandmother who is a total health nut, so i wanna be careful of that. and yes, choco milk + soda = baaaad idea xD i just totally wasn't thinking.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-17-2013, 08:39 AM
I am in a holding pattern. SIGH.. Been 274 for 4 days now. I have been 95% good OP and have walked twice from Sunday to today 2.5 miles and sweated. The only thing I can think of... I have a very stiff neck (hard to turn it in either direction) I have been taking IBUprofin and putting heating pads on... but its still there since last Friday (work stress gets to my neck but over the weekend it should have gone away new job)... So I am putting the stall on the inflamation of my neck.... Just took off my herbal heating pad and its alittle looser... so it should be easier to drive to work and be able to see the side traffic (its amazing what you need to turn to see LOL)

Well I wish everyone else a good, non painful day.... and PRAYS for Boston and all who witnessed that terrible tradgedy and lets hope there is NO more!

sassyangies
04-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Sue, I hope your kneck feels better. That's one pain I don't like to deal with. it's annoying and uncomfortable and hard to ignore. Get better.

Alyssa your doing great watching your cholestrol now. Keep up the good work. We have are Wellness checkups soon and I am trying to get to a little lower of a weight so that I "pass" blah.. I hate doing it, but we save money if we do.

Well, I'm at 273 this morning. Not happy with it, but going to wait it out and see what's going on. It makes me not want to work out, but I know that I need to. I just get so frustrated when the gain happens. Especially when I finally hit my 40 pound loss. Not nice!!
Well, today will be my 3rd day to the gym. I'm going to try and go Mon - thurs to water aerobics. We'll see how that goes.
I hope everyone has a great Wednsesday!!

Alyssa Autopsy
04-17-2013, 01:16 PM
@sassyangies: thanks, i have a lot of medical problems in my family history so i really have to work at being healthy. it's hard work watching for high fructose corn syrup and related products, and aspartame, and gelatin, and sugar, and cholesterol... but health is more important than JUST losing weight.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Sue, I hope your kneck feels better. That's one pain I don't like to deal with. it's annoying and uncomfortable and hard to ignore. Get better.

Well, I'm at 273 this morning. Not happy with it, but going to wait it out and see what's going on. It makes me not want to work out, but I know that I need to. I just get so frustrated when the gain happens. Especially when I finally hit my 40 pound loss. Not nice!!
Well, today will be my 3rd day to the gym. I'm going to try and go Mon - thurs to water aerobics. We'll see how that goes.
I hope everyone has a great Wednsesday!!

Oh Sassie. I am so sorry that you have gained those darn things.. But it is short term and you are being nice to me, letting me try and catch up to you.... So lets do it together! I am 273 1/2 right now... So lets do it! and Thank you about wishing me well... My neck is alittle better... but taking Ibuprofen alll day long. I wish I knew what caused it..

Oh I hope I see good news from everyone tomorrow and hope you all are having a good evening!

belovedspirit
04-17-2013, 07:15 PM
@Alyssa, good for you! Being pro-active about your health is so awesome. :carrot:

I made an amazing meal: Ginger and leek fried quinoa. It's sooo greasy, though, so I only had a little bit, and am going to find something entirely weight-loss supportive with which to finish the meal.

Super nice day here today. Spring feels like it's on the way! I ended up walking about 45 minutes today, and I realized I would not have done this at my starting weight. I am so grateful I've been losing weight. I can imagine how much easier walking and moving around will be another 20 lbs down. :D

wannaskipandlaugh
04-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Oh Beloved,.., Good for you to be walking.... It is nice (especially when the weather cooperates).... I know how you feel... I was wheezing in early Jan when I was 306 just to get up off the couch. Exercising is wonderful for strength and peace of mind :) Can't wait to hear what you are doing when you have lost more!!

joefla70
04-17-2013, 08:52 PM

Until I tried to find some pictures, I didn't realize how few I actually have. It seems that I take most of the pictures and am not in many of them!

But anyway, here are a few before and after. The after pics were taken a few weeks ago when I was still in the 280s.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee390/joefla70/IMG_9137.jpg

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee390/joefla70/52829_165309183501127_2379699_o.jpg

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee390/joefla70/IMG_9262.jpg

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee390/joefla70/602841_10200933582124750_1503161962_n.jpg

wannaskipandlaugh
04-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Oh my gosh JOE... YOU look terrific!! Truly you do. WOW... I bet people who have not seen you in awhile don't even know who you are. WOW.. you have a wonderful looking family. (sorry keep saying WOW as you are amazing) You are living proof of what hard work and determination can do.

I am thinking you need to post these in the Mini Goal area or the 100 lb off posting area...... too I mean .. you have lost more than 100 lbs and are a poster child for more people to follow (like me!!)

I am so happy for you :)

Silverfire
04-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Holy crap Joe!!! Nice work, you are amazing! I agree with wannaskipandlaugh that you should post these over in the Mini goal area or something, you are quite an inspiration! Keep it up Joe :D

belovedspirit
04-17-2013, 11:38 PM
Joe, congratulations on all of the incredible effort and energy that has gone into losing weight so far. You even look as though you're almost close to goal. Way to go!! :congrat:

belovedspirit
04-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Oh Beloved,.., Good for you to be walking.... It is nice (especially when the weather cooperates).... I know how you feel... I was wheezing in early Jan when I was 306 just to get up off the couch. Exercising is wonderful for strength and peace of mind :) Can't wait to hear what you are doing when you have lost more!!

I hear you, Sue! When I weighed 296, I really did not want to move! Now look at me walking 45 minutes. Let's keep up our efforts so we can see what else lies ahead! :carrot:

Joe, I agree with Sue. 100% inspiration. :)

Keep Moving Forward
04-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Joe! You're incredible & you look incredible, too!

joefla70
04-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

@ Sue: I do get a lot of comments from people I don't see every day. That happened yesterday and today with colleagues of mine who I only see in court once in a while. Both of them commented positively. :)

joefla70
04-18-2013, 10:58 AM
I am in a holding pattern. SIGH.. Been 274 for 4 days now. I have been 95% good OP and have walked twice from Sunday to today 2.5 miles and sweated. The only thing I can think of... I have a very stiff neck (hard to turn it in either direction) I have been taking IBUprofin and putting heating pads on... but its still there since last Friday (work stress gets to my neck but over the weekend it should have gone away new job)... So I am putting the stall on the inflamation of my neck.... Just took off my herbal heating pad and its alittle looser... so it should be easier to drive to work and be able to see the side traffic (its amazing what you need to turn to see LOL)

Well I wish everyone else a good, non painful day.... and PRAYS for Boston and all who witnessed that terrible tradgedy and lets hope there is NO more!

I hate when that happens! Darn it, if we put in the effort, then the weight should just come off! Why can't it be that simple? Unfortunately, it often doesn't work like that! The good thing is that we know that if we stick to our plan, the weight WILL come off. Sometimes, it will come off all at one time (like it did for me last week) and then we'll have a holding pattern for several days after. This is why I don't put too much stock in daily weigh-in. Even though I'm totally and completely obsessed with weighing myself several times a day, I do not let it frustrate me (too much) when my weight doesn't move for a few days or, heaven forbid - it goes up a bit!

belovedspirit
04-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Sue, oh that's frustrating isn't it, but I KNOW you will get there for sure. Keep putting in the effort, and be sure to tell us how things go! We're here rooting for you. :)

277.1 lbs. Although I'm happy with it, I'm still not eating as consistently as I'd like to, and sleeping as well as I could, so I'm going to keep trying to achieve those and I'm hopeful the fat will burn off. I *really* want to get into the 260s! :D
I will also be starting the 30 day squat challenge today http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/279806-30-day-squat-challenge.html I hope this is a good idea. I feel a bit daunted by the numbers of squats! lol.. wish me luck! :)

Hope you all have a great day!

coolacrity
04-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Gah. I'm back. I'm hoping to leave the 270s soon enough. I'm pretty sure this is water weight I've picked up. I'm a little nervous, though. There's a party on Friday night that's supposed to be late in the evening. My best hope is to just maintain for Saturday weigh in...

belovedspirit
04-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Good luck, Coolacrity! I'm sure you'll get back in no-time!

Well, (possible TMI, sorry folks :lol:) I weighed again after going to the bathroom, and the scale was at 276.8 lbs. I'll stick with that instead. :D :carrot:

ubergirl
04-18-2013, 02:14 PM
271 today. Hope to see the 260s again soon!

sassyangies
04-18-2013, 05:16 PM
JOE you look awesome!!! thanks for sharing.. I can't wait to post some amazing pictures like that. You are truly an inspiration.

I feel a little under the weather today. Not sure what it is, but I'm just achy and tummy problems. I'm just taking it easy while my son is at school. We got T-Ball tonight, post office, gotta make dinner, the whole 9. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursd. I am so not ready for work tomorrow. Blah!!
Have a good day guys!!

joefla70
04-18-2013, 05:39 PM
JOE you look awesome!!! thanks for sharing.. I can't wait to post some amazing pictures like that. You are truly an inspiration.

I feel a little under the weather today. Not sure what it is, but I'm just achy and tummy problems. I'm just taking it easy while my son is at school. We got T-Ball tonight, post office, gotta make dinner, the whole 9. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursd. I am so not ready for work tomorrow. Blah!!
Have a good day guys!!

Thanks, Angelia. :) I still have to pinch myself every once in a while to make sure this is real, because I was the size shown in the "before pictures" for a long, long time. Its also a new (and cool) experience to have people say I am inspiration. It was only a few months ago that I looked at the weight loss of other people on 3FC and was inspired by their weight loss successes. I know many people say this, but if I (who had tried and failed SO many times to do this before) am able to finally manage to do this, then anybody can.

Sorry to hear about your tummy ache. I hope you feel better. However... those tummy problems can be a blessing in disguise. Ok, well maybe not a blessing, but they may have a silver lining!

Whenever I've had a stomach bug, my appetite goes down. That's usually when I have my best losses. You may recall that a couple weeks ago when I last had a stomach bug I lost 7 pounds that week! I felt better after the first day, but I just didn't have much of an appetite for many days after. I swear that was allowed me to do it. Maybe the drug companies can make a diet pill from that! They could call it... Queezy or something. ;)

Keep Moving Forward
04-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Gah. I'm back. I'm hoping to leave the 270s soon enough. I'm pretty sure this is water weight I've picked up. I'm a little nervous, though. There's a party on Friday night that's supposed to be late in the evening. My best hope is to just maintain for Saturday weigh in...

I just wanted to tell you that I love your avatar pic of Rarity :D Oh, and good luck with your weigh in!

wannaskipandlaugh
04-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Thank you Beloved, and I am so happy for you... You are doing great and just a few behind me.... We will get to that next thread.

:welcome2: to all the people joining. This is a very good and happy thread. Everyone wants to march on down to the next thread together :D and we can do it! Just like Joe and Silverfire just a few days ago!

I am 1 lb closer... 273 this morning... and I feel good tonight so I am hoping for a drop tomorrow too (sometimes I just "know" it ) :)

Hugs to all and wishing a good number for us all tomorrow! and THE WEEKEND IS CLOSER TOO :woohoo:

wannaskipandlaugh
04-19-2013, 08:25 AM
WOW I guess my intuition was right last night.... I lost 1 1/2 lbs yesterday (peed ALOT) so alot of water went bye bye and this is turning into a end of the week loss 2 weeks in a row... HMMM Pattern starting just about the time I started my Job? HHHMMMM BUT I am SOOOOOO Happy. Getting so close now to moving out to the next thread...

I wish you all GOOD numbers this morning!!

sassyangies
04-19-2013, 12:13 PM
HI guys.. I am so blah today and up to 274. I almost panicked. I think because I haven't been caring what I was eating it's creepin back up. I really have to get a hold on it. Plus TMI I haven't gone to the bathroom in about 2 days. I know that is probably playing a role in this as well. I'm so disapointed that I hit 270 and totally messed that up. Hopefully by weigh in on sunday I can take it down a little.

Sue that loss is awesome. Good for you girl!! You are doin great.

Joe, yes should be a blessing in disguise but looks like the opposite for me. I feel so bad right now. I can't believe the scale moved up that much. I hope I can get back on the wagon real quickly. I'm really mad at myself

Sorry for the blah post. I am gonna go to the store get some new produce. Try and get my spirits up and start this again!! I can do it. I know I can.

coolacrity
04-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the well wishes. And the Rarity love. :) I still feel nervous about the food, tonight, but I guess I'm excited, too. I'm actually thinking about clothes!

Keep Moving Forward
04-19-2013, 11:41 PM
Ugh. I gave in to hormonal cravings & ate ice cream :/ Other than that & some cookies early in the week, I think I have done fairly well. I still have two more days before my official weigh in day. Good luck to those of you who are weighing in over the weekend!

Sassyangies: Fresh produce always helps me feel better about life in general, (weird, ain't it?) so I hope it helps get your spirits back up. You can definitely do it!

belovedspirit
04-20-2013, 02:56 AM
Good luck, everyone!

These couple of days have been interesting. I had some food on Thursday I usually don't eat, so I adjusted my plans for today to help relieve the bloating. I ended up having more calories than I planned to have, but I'm ready to get right back on track. Tomorrow is one more day of eating out, then back to normal. In the meantime, I'm going to make sure I incorporate lots of fresh produce into my diet and put a hold on weighing myself until I feel like myself again. You know the stress/disappointment that comes with seeing your weight rise and not knowing how much of that is salt vs. fat vs. water vs. random fluctuation vs. something else? I think I'm going to wait for a couple of days before I weight myself, so that my body can flush out the salt and get a bit more settled with wherever I'm at. The emotional/mental response to seeing the numbers go all over the place is just not worth it.

Sue -- yay!
Sassyangies -- you'll get back there. you've lost 40 lbs -- you are doing this and you're kicking butt!! :D
Rachel -- hope these next two days help you get closer to goal!

coolacrity
04-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Welp! I weighed in at 269.7 this morning, so technically I should be on another thread (water weight, ladies. No one panic!). But I won't count it until I'm at 268. Because I'm anal like that I guess?

In other good news, I handled that party like a boss. ...okay, I was a wallflower the vast majority of the time (it was a party for one of my mother's coworkers, not mine, so I didn't know anyone), but I didn't ruin my week. Huzzah!

wannaskipandlaugh
04-20-2013, 09:17 AM
:woohoo: Coolacrity!! Yay for you!! Oh gosh... your stay here was so short (LOL) but I am glad for you. I know that you are waiting just in case... but you will be moving on and we all will be following. Hopefully really soon and then we can all overwhelm that 260-250 thread.

Glad you went to the party... Even not knowing too many people... you just never know when you might meet your next good friend. They are always just around the corner and going to see new people instead of staying home is a wonderful thing (and hard to do sometimes). :)

sassyangies
04-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Coolacrity, glad you had fun at the party and didn't go off plan. That is awesome. Sues right you never know when your going to meet your next pal ya know.

Belovedspirit, I like that idea of not weighing right away to let it settle in and see what the real number is. Whenever I go away for a few days and I know I probably gained. I always jump right on and it always gets me down. I'm gonna have to try this when we go to Vegas in august.

Rachel I know what you mean. I am so hormonal right now. I just haven't been caring. last month I was fine before my TOM. Not this time though.. Good luck on your weigh in. Im sure your going to do great!

I am starting to feel somewhat better. Other than being hormonal and wanting to eat everything. One habit that took me a long long time to break was to NOT eat when I get home from work at 2am. I did it last night. I just wanted to put it out there. I ate 1 25 calorie marshmellow and 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese. There's it's out there and I feel like I can move on. I hope this passes so I can get back down to 270 so I can move on with you guys to the other thread. I'll be so sad if I can't. . Well, hope everyone has a great Saturday!!

belovedspirit
04-20-2013, 01:40 PM
I hope it helps, Angie!

My weight today is 277.8 lbs, so a 1 lb rise (and it might not all be actual gain). I can deal with that. One more dinner tonight, then back to regular.

Hope you're all having a great weekend! :carrot:

wannaskipandlaugh
04-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Angelia...... That one Marshmallow and Fat free cottage cheese... Gosh that's nothing... just think if it was a quart of Ice Cream LOL Nothing to beat yourself up about Truly. You will swoosh those extra lbs that magically attached themselves to this last week... they will go away :)
Be good to yourself and trust yourself... You can do it!

Beloved.... Not bad.... and the great thing is... if you didn't eat 5000 calories yesterday... its just alot of water and maybe a scooch of weight.. but after the next "out" meal.. you are free to go back to your structured way of eating... Are you having alot of fun tho at these get togethers? I bet you are!! :)

wannaskipandlaugh
04-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Thinking here...

Do you all feel that losing weight is kinda catching? When someone or several people are losing weight.. do you all feel more motivated to lose. AND thinking that you are going to lose... you really lose more as your mind is set in that direction... which then perpetuates helping others to be possitive about losing weight. Does this make sense to you? I am trying to see a pattern here within the threads and it seems the more people post in a thread with good or great results the faster others seem to lose too. I know that some people have LIFE step in and step aside their plans for alittle while... but more seem to follow suit.

Just reminating here... :)

belovedspirit
04-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Sue, thanks for the reminder about the 5000 calories, which I don't think I ate. ;)

To answer your question, I feel less alone when I lose weight "with" others. The positive and supportive atmosphere is very catchy as well, but mostly it is the support. Sometimes that support comes in the form of feeling emotionally supported, and sometimes it comes in the form of seeing others do what I'd like to do and seeing proof that it is possible and that I'm welcomed to do the same. I don't know if that quite answers your question, but I hope it helps somehow.

I went out for dinner tonight. I ate quite a bit, but I made sure to stop before finishing it off and got the rest to go (partly because I felt self-conscious eating more than others). When I was at the restaurant, I knew I wanted to get home and finish the food at home but I also thought I could have it tomorrow and that is what I will do. It is just food. I have plenty of it, and I don't need to all of it at once. It's okay to let it sit and wait for another time when I will eat it. It's kind of sad that I need to have these conversations with myself. :( I wonder why I didn't internalize this as a child.

Keep Moving Forward
04-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Do you all feel that losing weight is kinda catching? When someone or several people are losing weight.. do you all feel more motivated to lose. AND thinking that you are going to lose... you really lose more as your mind is set in that direction... which then perpetuates helping others to be possitive about losing weight. Does this make sense to you? I am trying to see a pattern here within the threads and it seems the more people post in a thread with good or great results the faster others seem to lose too. I know that some people have LIFE step in and step aside their plans for alittle while... but more seem to follow suit.

Weight loss seems to be an epidemic right now among, like, everybody I know. I can't tell you how many acquaintances & friends have been posting on facebook about their weight loss, their inches lost, their new diet pills, their exercise classes, how many miles they've run, etc. etc. I think you're right that it's catching, whether it's out of competitiveness or internalized motivation. For instance, when I see others on 3FC doing well their example shows me that I can do it too, motivating me to work harder. But some times, especially when it concerns my already-thin-&-gorgeous friends, I get competitive or jealous & I just feel like I don't want to get left behind in weight loss, which then leads me to work harder. (Whoa, wasn't planning on confessing secret jealousy of my thin friends who are losing weight, too! I'll work on that...)

I also agree that thinking about losing weight leads to actually losing weight; the self-fulfilling prophecy thing turns thoughts into actions & actions into weight loss. For example, weeks of perusing the Health & Fitness section of Pinterest led to me thinking about how I could be more healthy & fit, which led to my actually implementing what I had been thinking about.

Keep Moving Forward
04-21-2013, 12:06 AM
I went out for dinner tonight. I ate quite a bit, but I made sure to stop before finishing it off and got the rest to go (partly because I felt self-conscious eating more than others). When I was at the restaurant, I knew I wanted to get home and finish the food at home but I also thought I could have it tomorrow and that is what I will do. It is just food. I have plenty of it, and I don't need to all of it at once. It's okay to let it sit and wait for another time when I will eat it. It's kind of sad that I need to have these conversations with myself. :( I wonder why I didn't internalize this as a child.

I have the same conversation with myself @ restaurants too, or even at home when I've made one of my favorite dishes for dinner. I have to tell myself that I can have more tomorrow, it'll still be there. It's JUST food! At least we're learning how to do this now, right?

belovedspirit
04-21-2013, 02:10 AM
Dear beloved self,
I am writing this letter to you at 277.6 lbs. Right now, I wonder whether it is even possible to reach 200 lbs. The time when I could weigh 200lbs seems impossibly far away from now; losing that weight likewise seems an impossible goal. I am writing this to you because closer to December I want you to look back on this and prove us wrong. It is a possible goal. You can do this. You ARE doing this. And you're doing it day by day. Keep it up, and better times are here.
- S

belovedspirit
04-21-2013, 02:11 AM
I have the same conversation with myself @ restaurants too, or even at home when I've made one of my favorite dishes for dinner. I have to tell myself that I can have more tomorrow, it'll still be there. It's JUST food! At least we're learning how to do this now, right?

Definitely. Thanks, Rachel. :)

wannaskipandlaugh
04-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Rachel and Beloved.... Its nice when people see that the weight loss is catching and perpetuates itself :) I know what you two are talking about. When I started this journey this time. and craved popcorn or pizza I kept telling myself... well.... If I really want it.... It will be there tomorrow and then just let it go. My craving would disappear and usually the next day I did not want it. We are learning about ourselves and (in my opinion) learning to control our "EGO" which seems to want to lead us in the wrong direction I am thinking alot of the time.

Beloved... Glad you had a wonderful night out with your friends. That is the best memory... the food, well it comes and it goes :lol:

Its a beautiful Sunday. I wish you all joy today!

sassyangies
04-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Well, I feel like I am losing the battle here with my weight loss. I had such an OP day yesterday, but then last night I ate after work chips and dip that a co worker left more me. I pretty much finished them off. Then at home 2 pieces of cold pizza. Not because I was hungry, but just because I could. I need to stop this now. This could get out of control so fast. I feel upset for it, but not sure why I did it. It was like it was 4 months ago before I started this journey. My mind was not here with me. I reallly need to do something to get in the right frame of mind again. I have to.
What do you guys do when this happens? I need all the tips I can get.

LadyPurl
04-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Yahoo back from visiting family and I basically maintained - down .2lbs. I had little bits of all of my favorite things, took my time eating them and really enjoyed the taste. It was great I never felt deprived and planned for everything - I did use up all my weekly points on WW which I never do but that is what they are there for.

belovedspirit
04-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Thanks Sue. :)

Well, I feel like I am losing the battle here with my weight loss. I had such an OP day yesterday, but then last night I ate after work chips and dip that a co worker left more me. I pretty much finished them off. Then at home 2 pieces of cold pizza. Not because I was hungry, but just because I could. I need to stop this now. This could get out of control so fast. I feel upset for it, but not sure why I did it. It was like it was 4 months ago before I started this journey. My mind was not here with me. I reallly need to do something to get in the right frame of mind again. I have to.

I think it's very typical to have "off-track" times. You're right in saying that you need to get your mind back into the right frame. I guess a part of me wonders if perhaps you're tired of the same ol' same ol' now that it's been a couple of months? I know that's happened to me before when I'd lost a lot of weight but was still away from goal.

One thing that helps me is going clothes shopping. It's a stark reminder of the weight I can still lose, especially because I cannot even fit into the smallest size in the plus size section. Something else that helps is to exercise. Get up, go for a walk or to the gym, do your thing, try to get your heart rate up and that can be a reminder of what you're trying to do. Another option is to go through the 3FC website. Picture threads, goal threads, threads about people saying why they want to lose weight, threads about people explaining what they're looking forward to once they have lost weight, etc. can be helpful. I think for me I need something to remind me that I'm still not at goal. My mind forgets that sometimes. Good luck and keep us posted! :)

ubergirl
04-21-2013, 12:28 PM

Hi Sassy, hope you don't mind if I jump into this thread. (I'm at 271.0 today) First off ((((hugs)))) you are NOT going to lose it. You will be fine as long as you keep trying every day and asking for support.

My suggestion, if after work eating is a problem, is to promise you are not going to eat after work AT ALL for 3 days. Nothing healthy. Just white knuckle it through. Make sure you eat enough earlier that you are not extra hungry.

This is what might work for me: remind myself ALL DAY "no you are not going to eat after work." Then, when the time comes, don't rationalize with eating something on plan (unless that is your normal routine.)

If you normally eat after work, but something healthy, just make an extremely firm plan-- prepare the food ahead of time and label it EAT NOW or something like that. And then remind yourself all day what you are planning to do.

Don't panic!!!!! Everybody slips up from time to time. As long as you get right back on track, you'll be fine.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Just wanted to give a heads up for a new challenge starting.... There are ALOT of Great challenges in this forum and its hard to pick one... but a new one is in the Chicks on a Challenge... its the 4Th of July Challenge. Amendie has started a excel spread sheet so that you can see the % of weight loss every week. Kinda neat. Just thought I would put that out there as it is even more of a in your face competition cause you can see everyones % loss :) SORRY Commercial over :lol:

coolacrity
04-21-2013, 02:32 PM
@sassyangies You're almost out of the 270s! Don't give up!

Now, I was had a two-week period when I KNEW I was binging for no dang reason other than I'm kind of anal about things being "even" or "complete". So I can't just let things sit in the cupboard or fridge, I have to get rid of everything (usually by eating...). I finally snapped out of it when I figured I was...done binging? I guess? I've had a super week and haven't really had any cravings. It hasn't been like that in a few months, honestly.

I know that sounds like bragging and isn't helpful on the outset. What I'm trying to say is that maybe you're just having a little off time? And it's okay. Your mind will get right soon enough.

charliee
04-21-2013, 02:47 PM

First :hug:

I think the hardest part about losing weight, is how we feel when we think we've screwed up. We spend so much time being disappointed in ourselves that we start looking for the elusive "motivation" to get back on track.

I honestly believe that if we can get over that feeling of "oh I've derailed", or "I shouldn't have eaten that, now I'm off plan for the day" then we'll be able to reach our goals that much quicker. You've lost 40 pounds. That to me says resounding success!! And that success is not in any way diminished because you ate some dip or some pizza.

The rest of your life will be filled with days when you eat extremely well and days when you eat more "junk" than you would like. You've already won half the battle by being honest with yourself about eating the things you maybe shouldn't have, the next step is erasing the guilt and just moving on. Yesterday's dinner wasn't optimal, today's breakfast was = Win! You will lose the weight, the 40 pounds you've already lost tells me so.

Don't give up! You got this.

Keep Moving Forward
04-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Sassyangies: I don't have any advice per se because I've only just begun catching my old habits & correcting them, but what has helped me reframe & remember to avoid sugary crap (like the stuff I've been eating over the last few days, oopsies) is to remind myself why I wanted to eat differently in the first place.

Think back to when you decided to create good habits & kick the old ones. Why did you want to change? What was the goal you had in mind? Old habits die hard but that doesn't mean they can't die! Show those habits who's boss!

belovedspirit
04-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Good to know, Sue! Thanks! I'm actually doing the 30 day squat challenge. Today is day 2. Wish me luck! haha

The scale read 276.3 lbs today (the second time). I hope I continue to weigh less from here on down! It's also only 0.3 lbs away from my losing my first 20 lbs, which has been one of my goals. :D I decided a while back that I would wait until the first 20 lbs gone to create a tracker for my signature (if I decide to put one up). So close! Yay! :carrot:

LadyPurl
04-21-2013, 08:33 PM
.3 so close!

I accidentally did my first mission on Zombie 5K - I thought it was the intro mission when I began and I could just walk for 30 minutes but realized a few minutes in it was the real first mission. I was wearing jeans but wanted to stick with it so Mission 1 is down and it felt pretty good. For the first time I have hope I could get up to running (or jogging in my case) an entire 5K. I tried c25k before and never made it past week 1. But I am in slightly better shape now, plus I think the Zombie 2 5K starts off slower I didn't feel like I had to run as much.

Lordy though where we live is hilly when I get to a 5K distance I don't think I will ever have to worry about doing hills running on our road. I earned 20 flights of stairs going 1.5 miles on our road!

wannaskipandlaugh
04-22-2013, 08:56 AM
OOHHHH I am soooo close to going to the next thread.... I am up 1/2 lb to 271.5 but that is ok. I hope by the end of this week to be visiting the lower thread and all of the rest of you are all ready there to welcome me :)))

Its Monday and I hope it is nice and sunny where you are. Not here... but we need the rain... not like the upper Midwest where its flooding and (GULP) snowing from Michigan to Colorado I am so sorry to say that nasty word. Keep safe on the roads and go go go!

belovedspirit
04-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Thanks Ladypurl! Good luck with the 5K!

A 0.1 lb decrease! It seems insignificant on paper, but given the last couple of days, it is absolutely splendid.

I'm thinking of doing a juicing fast in order to 'cleanse'. I really need to learn more about this before I do it (so that it promotes my health and not the other way around), but I'm wondering if you gals/guys have experience with it?

I hope all of the weigh-ins go well today! Good luck!! :D

belovedspirit
04-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Also, this is not weigh-loss relevant but I hope other good news is share-worthy as well... I got one of the jobs for which I applied! :D

belovedspirit
04-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Sassyangies -- how's it going?

Ditto to everyone else. I hope you're well!

I tried a juice/water fast yesterday. Unfortunately, it turned out to be more of a water fast than a juice fast. :( It was rather tough. I'd be happy to try a juice fast again if it were a legitimate juice fast. Water fasting is not something I'd like to do again unless it'll somehow benefit my organs. I think yesterday may have helped with the bloating caused by the last couple of days, but a juice fast would likely have done the same and would have been much less restrictive. In any case, the result is that my weight dropped to 274.5 lbs. That's a 1.8 lb drop. I don't know if it's water or emptiness that's making up a part of that difference. I'll see tomorrow and the day after! I'm a bit hopeful it is legitimate weight loss because the scale has barely moved down in almost a week. Perhaps this helped to kick-start something again? (not why I fasted, but hey... could be nice. ;)). *fingers-crossed*

belovedspirit
04-23-2013, 12:43 PM
OOHHHH I am soooo close to going to the next thread.... I am up 1/2 lb to 271.5 but that is ok. I hope by the end of this week to be visiting the lower thread and all of the rest of you are all ready there to welcome me :)))

Its Monday and I hope it is nice and sunny where you are. Not here... but we need the rain... not like the upper Midwest where its flooding and (GULP) snowing from Michigan to Colorado I am so sorry to say that nasty word. Keep safe on the roads and go go go!

That's awesome, Sue!! Keep us posted before you leave, eh? ;) I hope to join you there soon! :D

Purplefirefly
04-23-2013, 01:13 PM
I sunk into the high 280s today. :dance: I am happy to join the group, but hope I won't be around too long. I look forward to the 270s now.

I am counting calories and walking. I am considering Tuff Girl Boot Camp or Zumba classes, which are opportunities near my house. Not sure if I want to do that or just stick with my DVDs for strength training.

Does anyone have any experience with boot camp? Is it too difficult when you are this size?

sassyangies
04-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Sorry guys.. I took a little bit of a break just to be. I'm still at 272 so no more gain thank goodness. Thank you so much for giving me advice. I appreciate you ladies more than you know. The last couple of days have been ok. I have not beed strictly watching my calories just eating good portions. I'm doing ok. I had a little bit of a melt down yesterday because I went to the eye dr and she told me my site is so bad I wouldn't even pass the drivers test they give you at the dmv. Yikes.. I bet that's where my headaches are coming from. I'm starting to feel a little old.. :(

purplefirefly, glad to you have you. congnrats getting to the 80's.. Your doing great!!

Belovedspirit, a juice fast would definetely help with bloating. When I have the money I love going on juice fast. The last one I was on I did juice for 33 days. I couldn't believe how good I felt. It was the hardes thing I ever did, but I was pain free, felt good, but missed chewing. haha.. Anyway good luck!!

Sue we can do this. YOU can do this. It's definetely sunny here. It was almost 100 degrees. A little too hot!

Hope everyone has a great tuesday!!

sassyangies
04-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Sassyangies: I don't have any advice per se because I've only just begun catching my old habits & correcting them, but what has helped me reframe & remember to avoid sugary crap (like the stuff I've been eating over the last few days, oopsies) is to remind myself why I wanted to eat differently in the first place.

Think back to when you decided to create good habits & kick the old ones. Why did you want to change? What was the goal you had in mind? Old habits die hard but that doesn't mean they can't die! Show those habits who's boss!

Just listening is all I need. So I thank you guys so much!! But your advice was great!! I have been thinking about those questions all day and it's good to go back there.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-23-2013, 07:31 PM
:welcome2: Purplefirefly :) Come on INNNNNNN The weather is fine here... but yep the grass is greener in the 260-250 thread LOL and greener in the 240 and and LOL Glad you have joined us and will move on with the rest of us.

Beloved.. & Sassie Thank you for your encouragement, I really appreciate it. All I can hope is that Like IAN... my weight seems to go down on Wed-Sat... So hoping for something lower tomorrow..... WALK tonight again Back to Back sometimes help

Beloved.. also CONGRATS on getting the 1 job you wanted. GOOD for you.. what is it? and the water/Juicing thingy you did.. Well it musta flushed out something.. cause 1.8 down is a Halla if you ask me :)

Sassie... Glad you are back... and glad you had your eyes checked. Bad vision does cause headaches and other stress aches in your body. Glasses or whatever you need, will make life easier for you (tho I know your parents depend on you) and hopefully relieve alittle stress and thus water... so it will flush itself out :)

Coolacrity... Figuring out why you do the things you do (we I should say) and binging is a big thing to know... GOOD for you.

Ladypurl... Don't know what Zombie 5K is... But it sounds interesting...

Rachel... I hope you are doing well.

Charlie.. thanks for visiting...

I think we need to go get Irishlad to come visit us... Since he is just about into the 280's Maybe we can get him to keep us company.... and follow us all into the next thread. OHHHH wouldn't it be so great if we all were in the next thread by 5/1!! I am believing that it can happen :)

LadyPurl
04-23-2013, 08:32 PM
What do you guys think?

I started the Zombie 5k program (mission 2 done today go me!). At school the Y is coming in and offering a boot camp/aerobics/zumba class for 7 weeks - should I sign up? Is it too much to do that and Zombie 5k? I feel like it isn't but I don't want to burn myself out either I tend to be all "yay exercise" and then lose that steam and go all sloth like. However since I am in "yay do all the exercise" mode I should take advantage of that shouldn't I?

Keep Moving Forward
04-24-2013, 12:10 AM
Beloved, congrats on your job!
Purplefirefly, welcome!
Ladypurl- Is Zombie 5K similar to C25K? Does it make me a super nerd that my first thought was that it sounds like a training program for zombie apocalypse survival? :P ;)
Sue- thank you!
Sassy- glad you're back, hope you had a better day today

Meanwhile, I've been eating pretty well so far this week, but I've gotten SO lazy about working out. I went from working out 5-6 nights a week to 2-3 nights a week, & the last two weeks I've been lucky to do 2x/week. I work out at home, so it's way too easy to just say "Oh, I'll do it later." I just can't seem to get into a good routine with it, especially since my allergies/sinuses have been bothering me lately, making me tired & light-headed. Sigh.

LadyPurl
04-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Rachel that is basically exactly what it was C25K training (a bit slower though as it does 8 weeks instead of 6) but to the tune of evading zombies. My hope is that doing this I can a) run a 5K at some point and b) move on to just using the Zombie Run! app where you collect items by running and evade zombies. The story of it just makes doing this more interesting for me. Plus it starts slower. Right now in week 1 I am only running 15 seconds and walking for 1 minute and being able to do that well gives me more confidence. Although even running 15 seconds I feel like I need a fanny bra - my bum jiggles around way more than my boobs when I run.

Keep Moving Forward
04-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Haha, oh my goodness, a fanny bra. That was a good one. It sounds like a really fun program. I'll put it on my list to try out in the near future.

LadyPurl
04-24-2013, 03:51 PM
I should invent one.

Or get a better pair of compression shorts - that is probably half the problem the pair I have are really old.

belovedspirit
04-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Congrats Purplefirefly and :welcome:!
Sassyangies, glad we could help! You can do this. :D
Sue - thanks for being such a ray of sunshine. :) The job is working with young childres (ages 0-6) and their parents in city-managed or run child care centres.
Ladypurl - Definitely do what you feel makes most sense for you. I hope you find a balance that feels great! :)
Rachel - good for you with staying on track! good luck with your exercise routine! allergies sound like a bummer. will they be gone anytime soon?

Not much happenin with me. I feel tired but am keepin the plan going, and feel really good about how my body is changing. I weighed myself today, and the scale read 274.5 lbs again; I was pumped to see it! That's only 5 lbs from the 260s! I ate regularly yesterday, and I'm eating regularly today (regularly = weight loss intended intake). I will be baking cake tonight but had a healthy breakfast, lunch, and have a healthy dinner in store. Yay! :)

Hope you all have a great day!

wannaskipandlaugh
04-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Hello all :) Gosh... We all are soooooo close to making into the next thread. I am so proud of us all. We all have different ways of achieving our goals and it is great that we have found things that work.

I thank you all for all your wonderful posts and inspiration. Times when that water weight comes and visits me.. I get down (internally) and reading what you all are doing helps me get past that feeling and know that I can follow your example :) Even on off days when you just have had enough! (Like today when a lender would not send me Mtg docs so that I could leave work at 5:00 (normal time) to be ready for my clients Refi closing tomorrow... NO I had to wait until they felt like sending me docs ARGH... Note: I do Real Estate Closings and am an Escrow Officer) So I vented to my mom on the way home... well that helped alittle.. but I thought a Pizza would help... instead I logged on and read ...... and my stress went away.... so THANK YOU One and All!

:hug: to you all Gosh you guys are important to me!

LadyPurl
04-24-2013, 11:17 PM
Holy jeebus that was a serious boot camp class. I have never done so many squats before in my life - but she was great and squats have always bothered my knees she came and corrected my form and suddenly I felt the work they should be doing. I kept up and only bowed out of doing the jumping jacks (I jogged and did the arm movements instead) and the heel rises - both bothered whatever is going on with my achilles. Until I get into the ortho I am going to listen to my heel when it says "ouch stop doing that".

On the heel pain it isn't plantar fascitis I've had that before and that pain was on the bottom of my heel (where the heel hits the ground). This pain is on the back of my heel above the bone you can feel. What do you think it is? Dr. Google is only mildly helpful when you have foot/ankle/heel pain I've found the go to answer is always bursitis or tendonitis - both of which are possible but seem far fetched to me. Why would a fat chick who just started running be dealing with tendonitis (and I've had this pain in my heel for going on 2 years now, it comes and goes but is definitely worse the more active I am).

Keep Moving Forward
04-25-2013, 01:29 AM
Ladypurl, that class sounds intense! Squats bother my left knee sometimes, how did she correct your form? Maybe it could help me & my knee! Do you think it could be a bone spur on your heel? My mom has/had one on her heel & it sounds a bit similar to what you're describing. It's probably not likely though. Maybe stretching your feet/ankles/calves out often could help your achilles? I dunno, I'm no doctor! Just my initial thoughts.

sassyangies
04-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Hi ladies.. I have to tell you I'm back to 272. This cold is kicking my butt. I hope to be down again by my weigh in on Sunday. Blah.. I hate taking nyquil because it feels like I'm off the whole next day.

Ladypurl, I understand your pain. I have heel pain too and have had it for years. It stinks and nothing yet has worked for me. I just do what you do and listen to it. Hope you figure out whats going on there. Good luck hun.

Sue, glad you like it here. I just hope i get to move on with everyone else. Not sure what's going on there. I'm so happy for you to be at 270. Great job girl!!

Belovedspirit, your doing great!! Don't you just love the way it feels when your on plan and doing great. Your body just feels differant ya know..

LadyPurl
04-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Rachel she came and explained to me that when you squat all of your weight should be down through your heels. If you are doing it right you should be able to lift your toes off the ground easily because they are not bearing your weight - if they are you are using your knees too much. As soon as I made that correction it was instantly better, so now I just lean back on my foot and check here and there to make sure I can lift my toes.

I am sore today. And I was stupid and took a sneak peek at the scale - I shouldn't have but I am glad I did to prepare myself for the fact that even with being super good and OP I may have a gain this week because I ramped up my activity. I was at 286 this morning. Rational science teacher me know that it is nearly impossible to gain 8lbs in one week with food so this is water retention related to being so sore, irrational me is upset that I may show a gain my third week on WW after a teeny tiny baby loss on week 2 (.2lbs but with traveling and AF starting I was happy with that). I just have to listen to rational me and kick irrational me to the curb.

Irrational me just talks so much louder, I always get derailed by that voice I can't let it win this time. I'm just hoping that with this work I'll get a huge loss posted next week or the week after. In the end, even if I don't I feel better, my stomach doesn't hurt as much and I am proud of the fact that I can run a bit and keep up with boot camp on day 1.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-25-2013, 07:17 PM
OK... now Sassie.... time to get better !!!! (Have you tried Zinc? or extra C & B????) You are so close to getting out of the 270's... you were just at the edge and can get right back down to it. Try walking alittle.... Even not feeling good, exercising helps you feel alittle better...

There are so many us so close to going into the lower thread... and they are not posting as much as we are... We need to spark them I am thinking (JoeFl has disappeared and silverfire hasn't posted in awhile there either) they need us!!

KICKING Sassies Butt!!! LOL

Purplefirefly
04-25-2013, 08:24 PM
I do not want everyone to leave! I just got here! Hopefully when that happens there will be a flood from those coming from a higher weight thread.

I got out this morning and walked for an hour with a friend before starting work. That felt great and really got me pumped and positive for a great day. I want to start doing that daily, even if I cannot drag my friend along each day.

Nothing new here. Forgot to weight today, so will do it in the morning. I have no set weigh in day, and that seems to be working for me thus far.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Hello Purplefirefly Oh gosh.. we aren't gone yet.. but you will be coming too :) .. Glad you have found a friend to walk with. Its fun to walk and talk to someone. I enjoyed it for the first 2 months I was walking.... The last 6 weeks or so I have been walking by myself and I kinda go into a trans while I walk and think of so much stuff LOL Its funny what your mind will do with no distractions. Very glad for you and we all will invade the next thread! :)

Purplefirefly
04-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Wannaskip -- I know what you mean about thinking while walking, but I have to walk to music or with someone or I will not push myself very hard. I think to music better than to silence...though listening to birds and ducks in the park this morning was peaceful.

I walked 40 minutes at the park this morning. There is this hill that kind of curves and it is not too steep, but it is steep enough to kick my butt each time I hit it. Today I came up with a little game of walking 10 tiny steps frontwards and 10 large steps backwards to get up it. My butt muscles are stronger than my front muscles, so this worked well. At the end I set a new fitness goal for myself. I want to run up that hill and will keep working at it until I can!

Keep Moving Forward
04-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Ladypurl: Thanks. That's one thing I usually forget to do because I'm so busy trying to remember to breathe properly, lol.

Purplefirefly: Oh, don't worry, I'll probably be in this thread for 8 more weeks, probably longer. I can't even seem to get out of the 280s, & then I'll still have the 270s to contend with! Hopefully, we can all move down together :)

This week did not go as I had planned in my head. I didn't eat anything too bad, though I did drink a sugary root beer. And since then, I've had to fight the urge to eat more sugar. I should know better by now to avoid refined sugar entirely. I just feel really blah today, & a little discouraged. My scale isn't moving, but my tape measure is so I need to stop worrying.

Maybe I'll use the weekend to write down a workout/exercise plan for next week, as well as plan some healthy meals. I just ordered a yoga dvd & a mat, which I'm excited about. I've never done yoga, never even thought I'd want to, but now I think it will be fun. Hopefully, it will help me feel like I'm going at this weight loss business 100% again.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-27-2013, 09:40 AM
ARGHHHHHHHH Well gained 1/2 lb so up to 270.5. MY SCALE IS TEASING ME :lol: Gosh sooo close and yet just cannot get over that hump. I think I need a day wrapped up in celophane to squeeze out some of the water lol.... or do more sweaty stuff... hhhmmmm can anyone think of something fun that is sweaty? LOL soon for that I hope as I was told by a Medium that I am to meet a lovely man in July... :) I gotta believe :)

Gonna clean my kitchen, mop the tile (most of the house) floors and pulll some weeds and sit out and get some of this wonderful sun into my bones. maybe all that will lossen up the water.. Drinking water is sure not helping right at this moment and my blood pressure is fine... Just gotta find a fun way... Maybe tomorrow my scale will be nice to me :)

Any big and/or fun plans today for anyone? Sassie feeling better? I sure hope so...

Hugs to all

ubergirl
04-27-2013, 11:29 AM
Was away for a few days and still stuck at 270.4 Looking for a whoosh soon.

sassyangies
04-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Hey Sue, I'm telling you I know exactly how your feeling. My body keeps going to 270 to 272 then to 273, then back to 270. It's been quite some time. I'm getting frustrated too. Don't worry it will happen for us. Yard work sounds fun so does just being out in the sun. I hope you have a great day doing that. I am feeling better, but for some reason I have not started "you know what yet". I'm about a week and a half late. Which for me could be anything because the slightest stress will cause this, even going to the gym will cause it. So I'm not too worried. I'm going on a retreat next weekend and I'm honestly worried it is going to start then.. OH I'll be so upset.
Today were doing T-Ball pictures. I'm so excited to see my little man in his uniform. It's so dang cute. Their called "The Hot Rods" so cute. So other than that just working this weekend. I hope by tomorrow your weight drops a little for you Sue. YOu definetely deserve it.

Ubergirl, it seems there's a few of us stuck there. I hope you get out of the 270 soon. Good luck!!

EvieBaby
04-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Hello!

I'm brand new to the "Getting out of the 280's and 270's" thread, having just worked my way out of the 290's. Yay! I'm excited to be here, but my goal is to be outta here end of May-ish. :carrot:

I'm 288.6 right now . . .

Seeing all your energy and successes is very encouraging and motivating, so THANKS and good luck to us all. :carrot:

LadyPurl
04-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Awww I love sports pictures! I have to figure out when they are doing T-ball here -- usually the sign up is by now because it starts with softball. My oldest can finally do softball, my kindy kid can still do t-ball and my pre-schooler can finally do it as well -- so I need to call the Y to find out.

I sneaked peaked again (my official WI day for WW is tomorrow) and I was at 279.2 so not as bad as the 286 after my boot camp day - but I will still probably show a gain this week and I'm okay with that. I know it is water weight from the amount of exercise I've been doing and in a few weeks it will even out and I will hopefully be rewarded with a nice loss. Usually seeing a gain when working so hard would make me stop working out - not this time. I went out when we got back from errands and did my third Zombie 5k mission and kicked butt. This time during the "free run" (where you can walk if you want) I pushed myself to run between two telephone poles, walk two telephone poles, run one distance, walk two -- it felt good and I'm proud of myself. Week 2 here I come, I've decided that I'm going to reward myself with a heart rate monitor when I get to week 8.

Keep Moving Forward
04-28-2013, 12:41 AM
EvieBaby, welcome to the thread!

sassyangies
04-28-2013, 05:15 AM
Hi gals..
Welcome Eviebaby. wish you luck moving to the next thread.. I will get there someday. My body has been wanting a break since coming to this thread..lol.. hopefully it's almost done!

Tired today, but was excited to see 270 on the scale for 2 days now so I'm hoping for my weigh in tomorrow I'll see a 6. I'm going to be dreaming about 6's tonight when I go to bed.. hehe.. I of course will not be leaving you guys yet until I see 6's for a few days. Never know what my body has in mind. lol..
I hope everyone had a great Saturday. My son't pics came out so so cute. tomorrow I'll post a pic of one. I just think they are so darn cute in their uniforms at that age. So much fun.

Lady Purl that's a great reward. Good for you!!

wannaskipandlaugh
04-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Hello all ...... Still the same.... 270 Boy I usually have 3-4 days of loss this week I had 1 day :(... Oh well... I really think that it is the sodium. which means I need to cut down even more on it..... I have to wave goodby to cheese I am thinking.. I hope you all had a good week..

Sassie.. how wonderful to have your son in Tball :) and please please please post the picture so we can see how cutie patootie he is :) Ah I wish I had been a parent. I know you will be in the 260's well before you go on your retreat. I do hope that you can relax at this retreat and its not work for you and that they have food that you can eat and the other stuff does not tempt you!

Welcome Eviebaby we all love having wonderful people in this thread and we wish you a quick trip too down to this 270 and holding pattern LOLOLOL Sassie, Ubergirl and I are all at the same no !!

Rachel. and Ladypurl. you both are getting so close to the end of this thread YEAHHHHHHHHHH and I hope that you both are doing well :)

Hugs to all and Happy and peaceful Sunday to you all too!

LadyPurl
04-28-2013, 10:28 AM
Nice work Rachel!

Sue good luck giving up cheese! That is my go to for snacks usually - I've found I need to stay pretty high protein to stay full. Otherwise I tend to come home after school and turn into a snack hoover. High protein like cheese keeps me from doing that.

My official WI today was 278.8. So gained .4 lbs, but I had to go look at my stats and in the 3 weeks since I joined I've lost 5.8lbs total which is 1.8lbs a week. Here is to hoping in the next few weeks I see the benefit of starting to run and doing boot camp. Emotionally I can feel the benefits of doing them it would just be really nice to see the scale reflect how great I am feeling.

We're off to walk for Autism today.

Does anyone else her do WW? I earned 50 AP last week but only ate 26 of those - do you think my baby gain this week is because I didn't eat all of my AP?

sassyangies
04-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Hi guys!!! Well, I'm happy to say I'm at 269 today. yay!! I hope it sticks. I have this awful feeling that if I can't get it a little more down by Friday I will not see it when I get back Monday.. haha.. we'll be eating out and in at the retreat. It's a scrapbooking retreat so I can be good. I just have to choose to be good ya know!!

Ladypurl, sorry I'm not sure about the new WW program. I know on the old one that I used to do you should eat all your points. I am pretty sure there is a ww spot on here though that you could post a question. Allot of people I've read if they aren't loosing as much weight has they had hoped on ww count the calories for a day to make sure they are getting enough. Maybe that would help you? Good luck!!

Sue, I will post the pic from my other computer. And don't worry we will do this!! You will see the 6's soon!! I know you will.

I'll be back a little later with a pic. And to chat some more. I have some free time today before work since my little man is with his Nina out of town at their grandparents house.

belovedspirit
04-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Congratulations Sassyangies!!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Sue, I hope the sodium decrease helps.

Welcome, Evie!

Good luck everyone! :)

slick776
04-28-2013, 06:06 PM
270.8 I am hoping to be out of the 270's tomorrow morning after I am doing working out!! Wish me luck.

Keep Moving Forward
04-28-2013, 07:39 PM
Nice work Rachel!

We're off to walk for Autism today.

Does anyone else her do WW? I earned 50 AP last week but only ate 26 of those - do you think my baby gain this week is because I didn't eat all of my AP?

Thanks! And Autism is a great cause to support!

I don't do WW anymore, but I think as long as you ate all of your dailies not eating all of your AP wouldn't cause a gain. Did that make sense? I feel like that sentence was full of double negatives! Did you eat any of your weekly points? When I was doing WW online, I could never decide if I should eat my WP first & then dip into AP, or start out with AP & then dip into WP. Anyway, 50 is a LOT of activity points, good for you!

wannaskipandlaugh
04-28-2013, 08:01 PM
:welcome: SLICK :) Glad you stopped by to say hello before you fly outta this thread... but we all will be coming. You have done really well!

Thank you Beloved... I hope you are doing well! :) Sodium is a real toughy for me to give up..... I LOVE CHEESE and it just has way too much salt. and low sodium cheese is (in my opinion) Icky... But gotta do what I gotta do :) AND Ladypurl... I do love cheese and being on Atkins.. I can eat it.. but that darn salt in it... sigh.... It is just darn good food!

Hugs to all and tomorrow is MONDAY and almost the end of the month. So maybe by 5/1 we will all be moving on? I believe it!!

Keep Moving Forward
04-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Sassy: :yay: Awesome!
slick: Good luck!
Sue: So, does that mean you'll be cutting the cheese? (Yes, yes I am highly immature ;) )

So I have a new bike, it's mint green & super cute, and I took it out for a ride today. Oh my gosh, did my butt hurt afterwards! I haven't been on a bike in years & I really don't remember riding one feeling like so much work! I was huffing & puffing after one mile, & I could definitely feel my muscles working. Twenty years ago, I rode a bike all over the place with no problem.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Rachel.... oh yeah... that will give me alittle boost when I walk LOLOL

Cool about the bike. I remember riding my bike 10 miles to work and loving it (30+ years ago LOLOLOL)... I hope that your muscles remember what they used to do and not hurt very long. When I lose alittle more.. I might treat myself to a bike.. maybe Christmas and a BIG seat LOL.. Enjoy the breeze!!

LadyPurl
04-28-2013, 09:17 PM
Awesome on the bike! We need to get new ones but it is so hilly here that I know we won't ride them much so they won't get a ton of use. We have to take the kids to the school to ride they struggle so much just in our driveway (hilly and gravel).

Walk/jogging around here is killer (and I've figured out probably contributes a lot to my achilles issue), the 1.5 miles out and back I do earn me at least 23 sets of stairs on my fitbit. 10 feet going up triggers a flight of stairs. This week I'm going to try to do most of my 5k training stuff on the trails by school - they are almost perfectly flat. I won't rock out my stair count on my fitbit the way I usually do but I can deal with that if it means I can keep working towards a 5k.

Keep Moving Forward
04-29-2013, 01:20 AM
Sue: The small seat is going to take some getting used to, but the breeze is nice! A bike would be a great weight loss reward, or a Christmas present, too :)

LadyPurl: I'm lucky enough to have a good long & flat country road to ride on so I can avoid the gravelly, hilly road near me. I'm too uncoordinated to ride on unstable surfaces, & I have the scars to prove it. And you are totally killin it with the walking/jogging!

belovedspirit
04-29-2013, 01:38 AM
Rachel, that's sweet! I love the colour you've described! Do you mind if I ask how you decided on your bike and what type of bike you got? I've recently considered getting a bike, only I'm concerned about whether it would be able support me as I ride. Is that over the top in terms of worry?

Sue, are there other cheeses that have lower salt contents so that you can still have cheese that's delicious? I don't know very much about cheese, so I hope that question makes sense...

LadyPurl
04-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Beloved - I think that is a valid worry BUT I can assure you that I was riding my bike at a higher weight then I am now and it was fine. I found it easier to ride on a mountain or cross bike with thicker wheels though - the road bike we used to have did feel like I could snap it if I sneezed hard enough.

5K session today - I pushed myself to run a full minute non-stop, I did that with no problem. :carrot: That is a huge accomplishment for me and I am super proud. Next session I plan to shoot for 2 minutes just to see if I can do it. My oldest daughter (8) came with me and was a bit confused by my antics but she kept right up and really enjoyed the time with me. Perhaps if she keeps doing this my first 5k could be a fun run with her.

I'll never be a fast runner but I really do want be a runner - I ran a bit in high school but only when there was a slurpee at the end, which kind of defeated the purpose of running. This time I want to do it just to do it.

punkrocksong
04-30-2013, 12:05 AM
Hello...I've just made it to this thread...barely. Hopefully everyone isn't so friendly that I'll want to stay here forever! :D

belovedspirit
04-30-2013, 12:16 AM
:welcome: punkrocksong! :)

Keep Moving Forward
04-30-2013, 12:54 AM
Rachel, that's sweet! I love the colour you've described! Do you mind if I ask how you decided on your bike and what type of bike you got? I've recently considered getting a bike, only I'm concerned about whether it would be able support me as I ride. Is that over the top in terms of worry?

No problem, it's a Trek bike. It has seven speeds, it has a simple, classic shape & a fairly comfortable seat, though it will take my hiney some time to get used to it, lol. Basically, I didn't need anything fancy & I thought this one was cute & enough to take me on fun rides. It wasn't cheap but I think that, price-wise, it's low to mid-range. I thought I might exceed its weight limit at first, but nope, I haven't broken it yet ;)

wannaskipandlaugh
04-30-2013, 08:31 AM
:welcome2: Punkrocksong! Yeah.. its nice to have a newby in this thread :)

yes,,,, we are all posters :) but I just made 269 this morning, so will be here a day or two (and will check in) but I am onto the next thread too. Everyone here on this thread are wonderful and very supportive. I wish you a smooth sailing thru the numbers.

AND Yipee all... my scale (after a week) finally moved. I get to join Sassie down in the next thread. I could NOT have done this without you all. I am not going away all the way as I will still check in here to see you all move down too :) I am so happy this morning!!

:hug: to all!!

belovedspirit
04-30-2013, 12:22 PM
No problem, it's a Trek bike. It has seven speeds, it has a simple, classic shape & a fairly comfortable seat, though it will take my hiney some time to get used to it, lol. Basically, I didn't need anything fancy & I thought this one was cute & enough to take me on fun rides. It wasn't cheap but I think that, price-wise, it's low to mid-range. I thought I might exceed its weight limit at first, but nope, I haven't broken it yet ;)

Thanks! that's good to know! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

:welcome2: Punkrocksong! Yeah.. its nice to have a newby in this thread :)

yes,,,, we are all posters :) but I just made 269 this morning, so will be here a day or two (and will check in) but I am onto the next thread too. Everyone here on this thread are wonderful and very supportive. I wish you a smooth sailing thru the numbers.

AND Yipee all... my scale (after a week) finally moved. I get to join Sassie down in the next thread. I could NOT have done this without you all. I am not going away all the way as I will still check in here to see you all move down too :) I am so happy this morning!!

:hug: to all!!

Congratulations Sue! :D :woohoo:
I hope to join you in that thread soon! My weight is at 270.8 lbs as of this morning!

Keep Moving Forward
04-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Way to go, Sue! :carrot:

sassyangies
04-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Congrats Sue.. yes this is my 3rd day at 269, so I might peek over to the other thread and see if I can stay at this weight and maybe a couple more before I head out to my retreat.

Rach, love bike riding. I can't wait to get a bike again. I have one but it's so old I'm not sure how to fix it. I love walking while my son rides his bike but I think he would have more fun if we were both riding..

wannaskipandlaugh
04-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Thank you Beloved, Rachel and Sassie baby.... I knew that we will all travel as a group and cannot wait (not for long I know!!) for that loss will happen to you Beloved and Rachel and Pucnkrocksong & Ladypurl :) so we all can invade that 260=-250 thread......I know that it is coming soon...

LadyPurl
04-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Congrats guys! Can't wait to join you "downstairs" :)

I'm working hard at it - I looked at my week and realized that unless I did another Zombie5K training session today I probably wouldn't get all three in this week (Wed is bootcamp then softball for ODD, Thursday is puppy school for puppy, Friday I could do a session and then Sat ILs are here and I won't leave them alone with my kids. Sunday I should start week 3 (holy crap) so even though I should have a rest day I went out today and kicked some major hilly road ***! I managed to jog (slowly) for 2 minutes straight 3 times during the free run at the end. My best yet and one of those was uphill the entire way. I feel great, I needed it too this week has been a bit rough for my circle of friends at school and we've been stressed. I've avoided the urge to just mindlessly eat and instead am trying to channel that into making my muscles sore (in the good way).

I think a group of us are going to enter as a team to do a 5K color run in August - so I gotta keep going!

punkrocksong
04-30-2013, 11:09 PM
I miss running...my knees are still a little stiff from the extra weight so I'm taking it slow for now. I am running/walking about three miles three days a week...but it's mostly walking right now. I want to start running again like a did in high school, the feeling of freedom, of taking all my stress out on my running shoes instead of on a box of extra glaze from Krispe Kreme. I think I'm going to really start pushing it in another week or two...I would love to be able to do a 5k at some point in my life!

LadyPurl
04-30-2013, 11:52 PM
We can ease into it together punkrock! I am a bit stiff still but I know as I continue to slowly build up endurance and stretch stretch stretch that will get better.

wannaskipandlaugh
05-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Good Morning to you :) I hope you are feeling good this morning... Ladypurl.. I am sorry that you are so sore and stiff. Drink that water too :) Rachel... Have fun day on your bike :) and the hills :(... Beloved Hugs to you! Punkrocksong you should have a good swoosh this week.. entering into a new thread for some reason just does it :)

Waiting for you all to come on down :) I am rooting for you and know that I will see you soon!

sassyangies
05-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Ladypurl, you are just rocking that excerise. Good for you!! I am so worried about running. I can get to a fast pace walk, but always stop at running. I might try it once I lose some more. I'm not sure I can do it now. I have terrible balance. Good for you!!

Punkrock, I'm kinda where you are. I really hate when my knees hurt and it seems to last forever when I do hurt one. So I'm always really afraid to hurt one and it holds me back. If you used to run though your probably way ahead of the game and I know you could do it again. Good Luck!!

I am a little wonky today and I was yesterday too. I just feel blah. I am sure it's because TOm finally showed it's ugly face. I was so afraid that it would come right when I was suppose to leave on my retreat. I was praying it didn't. I hate how my life seems to stop this time of the month. I feel so yucky and tired. I thought for sure I would be up a pound or so, but that didn't happen thank goodness. I hope on MOnday when I get back from the retreat I'm not kicked out of the other thread for gaining weight..lol.. I'll be so upset.. Have a great day guys.. Even though I feel blah I still got a T-Ball game tonight, I have to die my hair, clean the house, and go shopping. Oh and I completely forgot to post a pic of my son at T-Ball practice. I'll do that a little later too.

Keep Moving Forward
05-01-2013, 01:49 PM
I'm so jealous of you ladies heading to the 260s thread! Have fun, good luck & I hope to join you soon! Sassy, I get like that @ TOM, too. There is usually a day or two where I just feel drained of all energy, mentally & physically. I hope you feel better soon!

I just got back from a short bike ride & holy crap am I sweating. It looks like it's about to rain, so I only rode about a 1.5 miles, but I rode hard & fast. I may go back out later if it's not raining. I need to pick a name for my bike. Hmm...

wannaskipandlaugh
05-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Wow Rachel... good for you doing all that biking.... I have been really bad and not walked since Friday. (its been raining here in FL at night)

You will be coming into our thread real soon I am thinking with all that sweating on your bike :)

LadyPurl
05-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Nice work Rachel!

Bootcamp today was fun. She had us working with partners. While one of us did mat work (crunches or push-ups depending on what drill we were doing) the other person had to do floor work (it was either suicides, walking lunges or shuffles depending on the drill) then we switched with our partner and did mat work while they did floor work. Wash rinse repeat. I forgot how much I HATE suicides but it was a great workout and the 60 minutes flew by. It felt good - and this is the first time it has felt really good to be doing this for me.

No walk/jog today too busy with bootcamp and then right after I have to run ODD to softball (and be subjected to 1 1/2 hours of informal parent teacher conferences because half her teammates are younger siblings to my kids) -- today I left and set crayfish traps for my class tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my rest day kind of. I'll be hiking like a mofo with my kids - we have 1 hour classes and we have to hike back 1/2 mile do our stream monitoring work and hike back. I make them move too because I want all of the time possible doing stream work. They are such good sports putting up with me :)

Keep Moving Forward
05-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Wow Rachel... good for you doing all that biking.... I have been really bad and not walked since Friday. (its been raining here in FL at night)

You will be coming into our thread real soon I am thinking with all that sweating on your bike :)

Your mouth to God's ears :carrot:

Lady: Thanks :) Your bootcamp sounds like it would make me cry, lol. That's one hardcore 60 minute workout!

LadyPurl
05-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Rachel it really isn't that bad - writing it out I was like "holy crap that sounds like torture" but doing it was actually fun. There are 8 of us who do it together and one of the women is close to my sizish (well kind of, as close as folks who take a class like this can get I probably have an easy 70lbs on her) but we move at about the same pace. So she and I paired up. We do it relay style and "compete" (kind of but not really) with the other teams. She is a bit slower then I am so I really pushed myself when it was my turn to do the floor work to make up our time and on the flip side enjoyed the extra crunches and push-ups while waiting for her (knee push ups were encouraged and we were allowed to switch to wall push-ups which I did for the last "heat" (full court suicide, while your partner did crunches, switch, then the second round was full court suicides while your partner did push-ups - that one was killer and I had to switch to wall push-ups because my partner was worn and walked the last set of suicides). It was nice to push myself with a group of friends and we all supported each other which was great.

punkrocksong
05-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Punkrock, I'm kinda where you are. I really hate when my knees hurt and it seems to last forever when I do hurt one. So I'm always really afraid to hurt one and it holds me back. If you used to run though your probably way ahead of the game and I know you could do it again. Good Luck!!

Oh...when I say I ran in high school...I ran in high school...which was seventeen years ago. :D I have a ways before I'm anywhere near I was before. I'm worried about my knees and my back...not making excuses but I have a couple of herniated discs...so I'm pretty much living in fear of throwing my back out and not being able to do any exercise for a week. And to be blunt...it's my boobs...at first it was the only nice thing about getting fatter, but then eventually I went from a medium 36C to a 40DD...and now any activity that requires bouncing is painful...well most activities. I bought a new sports bra and that helps, but I really hope my boobs get smaller - I'm sure 15 year old me would be gasping in shock at that.

I've done a lot of exercising this week...but only made it out for one walk/run since Saturday morning. I have a nine month old puggle who already has to spend five hours in her house because of overlapping work schedules and she's not all the way potty trained/and chews on everything - bitter spray be damned. And I take her for maybe 3/4 of a mile every night after work, but I feel guilty putting her in her house so I can take a longer walk at night. I just love her so much! She can't handle the 3-4 miles I want to do. I've tried getting up around 5:30 everyone morning this week, which I have, but then I screw around until it's time to get ready for work at 7 am. Maybe tomorrow will be the day I get my butt in gear!

Keep Moving Forward
05-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Rachel it really isn't that bad - writing it out I was like "holy crap that sounds like torture" but doing it was actually fun. There are 8 of us who do it together and one of the women is close to my sizish (well kind of, as close as folks who take a class like this can get I probably have an easy 70lbs on her) but we move at about the same pace. So she and I paired up. We do it relay style and "compete" (kind of but not really) with the other teams. She is a bit slower then I am so I really pushed myself when it was my turn to do the floor work to make up our time and on the flip side enjoyed the extra crunches and push-ups while waiting for her (knee push ups were encouraged and we were allowed to switch to wall push-ups which I did for the last "heat" (full court suicide, while your partner did crunches, switch, then the second round was full court suicides while your partner did push-ups - that one was killer and I had to switch to wall push-ups because my partner was worn and walked the last set of suicides). It was nice to push myself with a group of friends and we all supported each other which was great.

I guess the thought of participating in those hardcore classes & bootcamps has always been intimidating to me. I'd be afraid that I couldn't keep up or that I couldn't do all the exercises. It's nice that your group is supportive & friendly, and not scary :)

belovedspirit
05-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Wow, all of that sounds so intense! I'm sitting here in awe, Ladypurl & Punkrocksong. It sounds like you enjoy the boot camp, though, which is awesome. And your puppy (is that her in your avatar?) is incredibly cute!

I hope you feel better soon, Sassy!

Hugs Sue! I hope the 260s are treating you well!

Rachel, I really like that idea. Let us know when you decide on a name!

I bought a bike today! wooohoo! It's been a while (years), but I rode a bit and it was a lot of fun. I'm excited about being able to bike around! Weight is still in the 270s today. Fingers-crossed tomorrow will be the 260s!

Have a great night, y'all!

Keep Moving Forward
05-02-2013, 12:27 AM
Beloved, yay for your new bike and good luck with your weigh-in! I'm still thinking about my bike's name... :chin:

belovedspirit
05-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Thanks Rachel! I am really going to enjoy riding the bike! :D

How's everyone this afternoon/today?

I weighed myself this morning, and the numbers read 269.4 lbs... !!! I can hardly believe it! :D:carrot: I'll join the other thread, only I'm also so comfy here (in this thread), I don't want to leave!... I'd miss you guys. I might stick around for a little while longer. ;)

punkrocksong
05-02-2013, 11:25 PM
That's so exciting belovedspirit...I was equally happy when I weighed myself and was at 289.6 on Sunday night. I've resisted the urge to step on the scale so far this week.

I've been looking at bikes...anyone have any suggestions? It's been so long since I've owned one that I don't even know what to look for.

Oh...I actually got up at 5:30 this morning...got my work out clothes on...laced up my tennies...walked outside...and it was about 40 degrees and raining - hard. If it would have been about twenty degrees warmer I would have braved it - but it's not worth getting sick over. I'm just so tired of the rain and the cold - I find it irksome.

slick776
05-02-2013, 11:50 PM
I am stuck! I have been stuck at 271 for almost a week now. The people at Metabolic Research said they think by body is in starvation mode since I am working out sometimes twice a day. So frustrating....Oh well I guess I just need to keep at it.

belovedspirit
05-03-2013, 12:55 AM
That's so exciting belovedspirit...I was equally happy when I weighed myself and was at 289.6 on Sunday night. I've resisted the urge to step on the scale so far this week.

I've been looking at bikes...anyone have any suggestions? It's been so long since I've owned one that I don't even know what to look for.

Oh...I actually got up at 5:30 this morning...got my work out clothes on...laced up my tennies...walked outside...and it was about 40 degrees and raining - hard. If it would have been about twenty degrees warmer I would have braved it - but it's not worth getting sick over. I'm just so tired of the rain and the cold - I find it irksome.

Thank you! :D I recall being super excited about getting into the 280s, as well. Same about 270s. 260 is particularly meaningful for me, but really all of these decade shifts down are tremendously satisfying. Any weight loss is reason for celebration imho. :D

I'm honestly not sure what to look for in terms of bikes. Of course, there are things like making sure the frame size fits you (I imagine you can watch youtube vids about this or google it -- I don't know enough to explain even the basics). It may also be helpful to get a bike with shocks, a comfortable seat (or to purchase a gel seat), a good quality lock (depending on where the bike will be stored), reflectors, and a new helmet (NEVER buy a used helmet unless you know for fact it has never been in a fall/accident -- helmets can appear fine externally even when they have been damaged inside and no longer offer protection). If you decide to purchase a new bike, the customer sales representatives should be able to answer any questions you may have and guide you toward a suitable bicycle. If purchasing a used one, be sure to take it for a test ride. Lastly, I've heard that bikes with very narrow tires are easier to ride on roads, but I think the ones with regular tires might be better for us and folks with a lil extra around the curves. I know that's not much, but I hope it might help nonetheless!

I am stuck! I have been stuck at 271 for almost a week now. The people at Metabolic Research said they think by body is in starvation mode since I am working out sometimes twice a day. So frustrating....Oh well I guess I just need to keep at it.

Oh, bummer! Did they offered any recommendation for getting your body out of starvation mode? Is that something you think could be helpful?

Buenas noches (good night)!

Keep Moving Forward
05-03-2013, 01:03 AM
I didn't get to ride today due to rain, so instead I tried out some yoga with the Biggest Loser Yoga dvd I got recently. It was tough! And it made me realize that my upper body strength is seriously lacking. There was a lot of planking & it nearly killed me, lol. I'm gonna keep doing it though, I'm sick of my scale saying 283!!!

Keep Moving Forward
05-03-2013, 01:14 AM

First of all, you rock for getting up at 530 to exercise! :carrot:

On the bike thing, a salesperson should be able to help you find the right fit, as far as height & such. Also, where you want to ride & how long you would be riding would matter. I think there's a difference in bikes made for long rides (like, hours long) and bikes for more casual riding. I don't know how the whole process works really. I just found one I liked that was the right size. :o It's cute & I can ride it comfortably around my country roads.

punkrocksong
05-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Thanks!!! It's taken a couple of weeks to get used to the early hour...but it's actually pretty peaceful. I find I'm not as crabby when I get to work too, so I'm sure my employees appreciate that.

I got a yoga DVD that I haven't tried yet...I worry I'm not bendy enough yet to be able to get through it. I think I'll give it a whirl this weekend along with some window shopping for bikes. According to the weather forecast it looks like it will be another indoor weekend.

LadyPurl
05-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Frustrated - I sneaked a peek at the scale this morning and I'm 279 now. If that stays that is another .2lb gain. That means that I've only lost on one week since the month back to WW and being more active. I feel great and I noticed today my pants fit better so I'm going to keep going and just assume this is all me retaining water because I am doing so much exercise (my feet are a bit swollen today - they were last night as well so that could be it as well). Hopefully soon the scale shows a loss, but I'm not thinking that it will be soon enough for my WI on Sunday. Just gotta stick with it - and probably eat more, I haven't been eating all of my weeklies so maybe I need to step it up and enjoy more of those!

EvieBaby
05-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, Rachel and Sassyangies (and others! ;D).

belovedspirit
05-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Thanks!!! It's taken a couple of weeks to get used to the early hour...but it's actually pretty peaceful. I find I'm not as crabby when I get to work too, so I'm sure my employees appreciate that.

I got a yoga DVD that I haven't tried yet...I worry I'm not bendy enough yet to be able to get through it. I think I'll give it a whirl this weekend along with some window shopping for bikes. According to the weather forecast it looks like it will be another indoor weekend.

Yay! Sounds like your mood is definitely improving! :carrot:
The great thing about yoga is that it really is an adjustable activity. And increased flexibility is such a boon. :)

wannaskipandlaugh
05-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Ladypurl...... I have a feeling that it is water retention... .I lost 2 lbs overight last night REALLLY? and that has to be water and the same with you.... Its nice that the clothes feel better and losser :) That is an NSV if you ask me...

Rachel.... What kind of bike are you riding does it have more than 1 speed?

punkrockgirl... Lord... I see my alarm clock in the am and roll over.. I am jealous that you have become a morning person and work out.... I just cannot get my mind into it. So I walk at 8-9 pm and then sleep like a brick LOL

Welcome Eviebaby..... Can't wait for you to fly thru the 90,80 and 70s we need you in the 260=250s!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and happy weekend!

punkrocksong
05-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Ladypurl...personally I've been going more on how my clothes fit me than by what the scale says. Because...really...isn't the clothes being too big the ulitmate goal.

Hi Eviebaby...welcome...I just popped in here this week too!

wannaskipandlaugh - I find that now that I'm not shoving every piece of sugary/caffeine filled crap I can find into my mouth I've been sleeping a lot better and I can actually get by on six hours of sleep OK. Mornings are really my best option before working out and I want to get into the habit before the mid-western summer kicks into full swing...breathing sucks in 90 degree weather, let along doing anything else.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe weekend...I plan on being sloth like (aside from an obligatory 1/2 hr in the am) due to the less than optimal weather...and my DVR is full.

Keep Moving Forward
05-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Rachel.... What kind of bike are you riding does it have more than 1 speed?

This (http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/town/recreation/pure/pure_lowstep/#) is my bike, a Trek Pure. It has 7 speeds.

erinmarie312
05-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Keep Moving Forward:Saw your post on May daily weigh in and don't let that scale trick you! I think you've got a good drop in the numbers coming!

LadyPurl
05-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Ladypurl...personally I've been going more on how my clothes fit me than by what the scale says. Because...really...isn't the clothes being too big the ulitmate goal.

Hi Eviebaby...welcome...I just popped in here this week too!

wannaskipandlaugh - I find that now that I'm not shoving every piece of sugary/caffeine filled crap I can find into my mouth I've been sleeping a lot better and I can actually get by on six hours of sleep OK. Mornings are really my best option before working out and I want to get into the habit before the mid-western summer kicks into full swing...breathing sucks in 90 degree weather, let along doing anything else.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe weekend...I plan on being sloth like (aside from an obligatory 1/2 hr in the am) due to the less than optimal weather...and my DVR is full.

Very true I should start focusing on that and how I feel, I feel much better now overall. So I just need to be patient and wait for the scale to catch up to how my clothes fit and how I feel.

This (http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/town/recreation/pure/pure_lowstep/#) is my bike, a Trek Pure. It has 7 speeds.

I like that a lot! When we finally do something about bikes I think I need to go with a 21 speed with all of the hills around here and they never have those in that style. One day I will figure it out.

LadyPurl
05-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Woohoo I've also been here long enough I get a siggy now :)

belovedspirit
05-04-2013, 04:49 PM

So cute. Such a beautiful colour, too! :)

Woohoo I've also been here long enough I get a siggy now :)

Yay! :D

wannaskipandlaugh
05-04-2013, 10:58 PM
I do love that Bike Rachel..... Its cool... Alittle out of my price range.. but maybe something might show up on Craig's list.. or in our sporting goods resale store... :)

and Ladypurl :woohoo: Got a siggy... Isn't it fun? :)

Keep Moving Forward
05-05-2013, 01:05 AM
Keep Moving Forward:Saw your post on May daily weigh in and don't let that scale trick you! I think you've got a good drop in the numbers coming!

Keep Moving Forward
05-05-2013, 01:13 AM
@Sue: Craigslist wouldn't even have occurred to me! I bet ebay might have some good bikes, too :)

@beloved: Not gonna lie, the color was most of the reason I wanted it ;)

@LadyPurl: 21 is a lot of speeds! I wouldn't even know what to do with that many, lol. You'll definitely feel the need for 21 speeds though on those hills. Did anyone else just think of Top Gun? "I feel the need. The need for speed!"

LadyPurl
05-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Weighed in at 278.2 this morning, so no gain - phew! But still stuck at 278 for almost an entire month - arg. Oh well I know I am losing because today I had to tighten my belt one notch to keep my pants up - that felt good. I know I keep saying it but it is because I am working so hard to live it this time and focus on the fact that my belt had to be tightened and my clothes fit better and I feel stronger - instead of the magic scale number. If I focus on those things a plateau (especially one so early seeing as this is week 4 on WW) won't affect me as much. If I can ride out a plateau this early then I can do it later too - so I'm just working hard at focusing on the real lesson here.

punkrocksong
05-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Ladypurl...congrats on the positive attitude!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend...and now it's back to the grind. Really not wanting to go to work today.

I have a question...has anyone had weird dreams/nightmares they think is related to their weight loss? I slept horribly all weekend - I kept having these horrendous dreams about not graduating from college. I kept having to retake this horrible advanced physicis class and kept failing it. I was a history major so college algebra was about as far as I went with math/science and I graduated with honors so It's kind of a lucid dream where I know rationally that I shouldn't be in this dream class, but I still get this feeling of failure. It keeps waking me up at night. I'm assuming it has something to do with not wanting to fail at losing weight because aside from going back to college at 28, this is probably the most challenging things I've ever done.

Down another 5 lbs though - five more and I'll weigh less than my husband...whoo hoo!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-06-2013, 09:00 AM
:congrat: on the 5 lbs loss Punkrocksong!!
about the dreams..... I think that sometimes its just our mind trying to work out our fears and worries. I think as long as its in your dreams and not in your mind during the waking hours.. you are golden. Tho I am sorry that you are losing sleep.... I also think our minds hold on to memories from the past and rehash them too. (I was a waitress almost 40 years ago and still have dreams about not getting the dinners out fast enough and the clients being all pissy about it LOL) Just take a deep breath and relax and tell your mind that you want to dream about something else :) Sometimes that does work!

Keep Moving Forward
05-06-2013, 12:25 PM
@Punkrocksong: 5lbs down is awesome! :carrot: I'm not married, but I have dated guys who were a whole foot taller than me & I weighed as much or more than they did, I hated that! I don't think I've had any weight loss related dreams, but I did used to have this one dream constantly until, for no apparent reason, it just stopped. Maybe your subconscious mind will realize that you aren't going to fail & it will chill out :)

@Sue, I totally agree, our minds can hang onto things for years that we don't even realize. Tonight, I'm gonna tell myself to dream about Channing Tatum ;)

@Mary, the scale is a lying liar. If it had pants, they would most certainly be on fire. Your belt tells the truth though! :carrot:

LadyPurl
05-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Punkrock I think Sue is right our mind plays weird tricks on us sometimes usually when we are anxious about something. I always have dreams that I leave really important things in totally bizarre places and ruin whatever important function needed said important thing (like a few weeks ago I dreamed that they put me in charge of graduation - which makes no sense I teach 7th grade and our district is K-8 and then they tutition the kids from town into the private academy here in town for high school, anyway - I was in charge of graduation for some bizarre reason and not only forgot diplomas for ALL of the kids I forgot to bring chairs for everyone).

I kicked Zombie 5K butt again today - weight loss or not it feels good to be able to do this. My knees are sore today but I think I need new running shoes, perhaps in the next week or so we can do that. DH needs a new pair too and then he is going to train to do my first 5K with me. I ran 8 minutes straight today - didn't run very fast at all (my 8 yo DD kept having to wait for me because she is fast) but I ran and didn't stop! The amount of time you spend running is upping in the program now so I am going to work to do most of my running on the flat trails near school instead of on our road to try and keep the knees happy.

wannaskipandlaugh
05-06-2013, 09:03 PM
@Sue, I totally agree, our minds can hang onto things for years that we don't even realize. Tonight, I'm gonna tell myself to dream about Channing Tatum

OH YEAH BABY MAGIC MIKE woo hoo!!

Yep...l I am thinking that I am going to tell my mind to dream about......

Blushing.... can't say LOL

punkrocksong
05-06-2013, 11:51 PM
I must of missed this...but what is Zombie 5K...is it really early morning running or something? Or is it supposed to make you feel like a zombie when you are done?

I don't get the Channing Tatum thing...he's too pretty! Although I suppose I start drooling everytime I see Bradley Cooper and he's kind of pretty too. Dream away girls...whatever floats your boat.

The thing with my husband and why I obsess over it is when we met 13+ years ago I weighed about 200 (which I was pretty happy with my body - but I was also 21 years old so that might have something to do with it) and my husband weighed about 340. Over the years the dynamic shifted and he was no longer able to pick me up and I was no longer so much smaller than him in photos. He's steadily lost weight since he started a new job about a year and a half ago and lost almost 60 lbs - and don't get me wrong, I'm so happy for him, but when I started this I weighed more than 30 lbs than him. And I know it won't fix everything but I think I would be happier with my body once I weigh less than him, even if it's only by a pound or two for now. It's kind of my first mini-goal.

erinmarie312
05-07-2013, 01:28 AM
punkrocksong:My healthy weight area is 170-175, I honestly can't even imagine myself that thin but it is kind of an ultimate goal because I want my boyfriend to be able to pick me up! Lol. He is shorter than me and weighs around 160. That should be doable I hope haha! Other than being a child I have never been at a weight when someone could pick me up. Sigh.

Yesterday I did an hour and half of cardio and will be doing that again tonight. I better see 179 on that scale tomorrow!! Today I was 180.4