Ideal Protein Diet - Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a short reboot... anyone else?

New Englander
04-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Good morning, Starting a new thread. The last one reached its limit. :)

New Englander
04-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Mom, You look fabulous! When I was obese gaining 10 or even 15 pounds looks like nothing. Now when I add 5 pounds (or worse 10) it's an entire dress size! I guess that's a good problem to have. Now I understand my friends who would complain about having 5 pounds to lose... :)

Day 2 here and Day 1 was a breeze. Fingers crossed!

SaraBean
04-02-2013, 10:53 AM
That's great that day 1 was a breeze!! KEEP IT UP!!!

Today was the first day that running 4 miles was a breeze for me! getting used to the no carbs and working out. WOOT WOOT!!

kellycg102
04-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Just a question from the older thread about MCT oil. Anyone using this and doing P1 should it replace the olive oil or should both be used? Hope someone knows.

Welcome back New Englander!

knm
04-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Morning everyone! Yesterday was my first official day back on P1. Thankfully I was busy so had no time to think up cravings! It's crazy how your brain can just flip a switch and your motivation is back!

I agree with what everyone is saying about being short and how 5 lbs on me is like 15 on my tall friends. I'm still up 2.6 lbs from my lowest, but hoping some of it is still water weight and I can get back to my lowest by my official WI on Friday! Okay, that might be pushing it a bit, but my early next week anyways!

A tip for those of you trying to get back OP, and that have a good coach - Try scheduling a second appt for your first week or two. I am always good the last couple days before I go for my WI on Fridays, but it's right after my WI that I think I can give myself some leeway since I won't be seeing my coach for a whole week. I find that if I schedule an appt on Monday or Tuesday, I'm more strict with myself over the weekend (when it's the most difficult) because I'll be seeing my coach in 3 days.

Momto2cs
04-02-2013, 01:36 PM
The mct oil would be in addition. You only take a small amount, and usually right before exercise. It works really well as a laxative, so start really slow! Warning!

SaraBean
04-02-2013, 01:56 PM
is coconut oil a similar product to mct oil?

Momto2cs
04-02-2013, 02:09 PM
I think mct oil is derived from coconut oil. I often replace my olive oil with coconut oil.

SaraBean
04-02-2013, 02:21 PM
I think mct oil is derived from coconut oil. I often replace my olive oil with coconut oil.

Thanks Momto2cs....

explore
04-02-2013, 03:22 PM
I am up 11 pounds since last summer. I have been trying to reboot all year. I think I am almost ready. I will start p1 on Sunday. I feel my motivation getting stronger to do this for real.

LexiChanel1
04-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Morning everyone! Yesterday was my first official day back on P1. Thankfully I was busy so had no time to think up cravings! It's crazy how your brain can just flip a switch and your motivation is back!

I agree with what everyone is saying about being short and how 5 lbs on me is like 15 on my tall friends. I'm still up 2.6 lbs from my lowest, but hoping some of it is still water weight and I can get back to my lowest by my official WI on Friday! Okay, that might be pushing it a bit, but my early next week anyways!

A tip for those of you trying to get back OP, and that have a good coach - Try scheduling a second appt for your first week or two. I am always good the last couple days before I go for my WI on Fridays, but it's right after my WI that I think I can give myself some leeway since I won't be seeing my coach for a whole week. I find that if I schedule an appt on Monday or Tuesday, I'm more strict with myself over the weekend (when it's the most difficult) because I'll be seeing my coach in 3 days.

KNM,

Did you have a phase off appt? How many days will you be in Phase 2? and Phase 3? I am looking to start phasing off April 12-13. Help me if you can:)

knm
04-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Lexi - my appointment isn't until after work. I have appointment after appointment tonight but hoping I have enough time to discuss the phase off with my coach quickly. I'll keep you posted!

LexiChanel1
04-02-2013, 04:17 PM
awesome, thanks:) I would appreciate it immensely.

kellycg102
04-02-2013, 11:21 PM
So I got my MCT oil, coconut oil and green coffee bean extract. The last is something I heard about, apparently Dr. oz mentioned it so I grabbed some of that too lol I am recovering from my huge slip up this long weekend. It has been such a hard day, and a chocolate home made cake showed up
at work to boot!!! Frig sakes, anyway I didn't eat the cake but I had 2 restricteds...really wanted a third but instead I am on here. I also got a call from the place I am starting to coach for IP and they want me to go tomorrow night to introduce me as there new coach.........yikes.....wasn't expecting that, so now I have to be refocused and I feel just awful with the extra carby fluid I hold....yuck! My calves feel like they are cracking they are so tight with fluid retention. I was doing so well too up until Thursday, so focused! Anywoo, I will do it again!!!!!!......wish me luck for tomorrow, I am gonna need it!

SaraBean
04-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Kelly- don't worry! you are going to do great tomorrow night! It is exciting!!! And don't fret too much over your slip ups. Today is a new day! I am really interested in seeing how you like the mtc oil and the green coffee pills. I also heard about those pills on Dr. Oz. I have been wanting to try them, but just haven't bought them yet.

explore- hi! I am up about 11 lbs since last summer too! I just started p1 last week and feel better already (even though the scale still hasn't budged. BOO!) good luck with you reboot!

New Englander
04-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Day 2 (yesterday) was not a breeze! I'm updating my weight...:) Lost a few (those quickies at the beginning). Love 'em! :) Have a great day everyone!

disgal
04-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Day 2 (yesterday) was not a breeze! I'm updating my weight...:) Lost a few (those quickies at the beginning). Love 'em! :) Have a great day everyone!

SWEET!! :carrot:

I have two weeks til Disney! :carrot: Was hoping to be in maintenance by then.....nope, not gonna make it!! Oh well! Gonna try to eat better while vacationing this year. Perhaps the scale won't be so bad when I return :p

SaraBean
04-03-2013, 01:09 PM

I wish I would lose a few lbs. Been doing P1 for a over a week now and the scale is still not being kind to me.... Wonder if my working out is affecting my losses. OH WELL... I am just going to keep moving forward and not let myself get bummed out....

:goodscale

Momto2cs
04-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Sara it's a combination of everything. It is very slow rebooting. The scale will move if you give it time.

Working out more does not help it!

SaraBean
04-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Thanks Momto2cs... I am trying to keep the same workout routine I have for months: running 3-4 times a week. I have a race at the end of April. Hopefully my body will soon acclimate to the new diet and the scale will follow!

:running:

SaraBean
04-03-2013, 10:14 PM
So I was getting really discouraged today. So instead of eating everything I wanted to and just give up I decided to buy ketone stix to see if I am actually in ketosis. I am happy to say that I am! So that is good news. Eventually the scale will move.... it has to!!!! Seeing the little stick turn dark purple was all I needed to get me motivated to keep on truckin'.

patns
04-04-2013, 03:05 AM
So I was getting really discouraged today. So instead of eating everything I wanted to and just give up I decided to buy ketone stix to see if I am actually in ketosis. I am happy to say that I am! So that is good news. Eventually the scale will move.... it has to!!!! Seeing the little stick turn dark purple was all I needed to get me motivated to keep on truckin'.

Are you getting enough water? I never used the sticks but I think I read somewhere that if they turn the dark purple colour it means you are dehydrated.
With the amount of water we are supposed to drink on IP I think they are not supposed to get very dark.That may explain why your weight loss has slowed down. Hopefully someone who knows more about the sticks will add more accurate info than what I think I remember.

diblssd
04-04-2013, 03:31 AM
been on IP for 1 year. Troubles with itchy hives. Now on prednisone. Any special pkgs from IP that would work for me. If it is the chocolate drink, which one?

SaraBean
04-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Are you getting enough water? I never used the sticks but I think I read somewhere that if they turn the dark purple colour it means you are dehydrated.
With the amount of water we are supposed to drink on IP I think they are not supposed to get very dark.That may explain why your weight loss has slowed down. Hopefully someone who knows more about the sticks will add more accurate info than what I think I remember.

The way these sticks work are the more purple they get more ketones your body is producing. I have been drinking enough water and I have been taking the supplements too :) you make a good point though. if I was dehydrated the ketones would be more concentrated hence a darker purple.

Roo2
04-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Hi Ladies- I did not know it but I guess I do have a secret to my weight loss!

I am at a conference and AM Learning From A BIOCHEMIST....she is going over things .....about being postive effects the well being of the Brain and Diet ....and this is What My IP Coach and I do!!

The mind has a Huge effect on our body.

She spoke about one of MY Favorite R words that I live By Resilience ...and how younger people do not have it today !
Being Positive and how it is good for our health!

Spoke of being happy and being kind .... And how this is all good for you.

Take 2 positives for 1 negative.
Doing 3 kind things a day for strangers...does not work if you know the person...and these are proven facts.:D

So not fretting and having a positive outlook on life ...impacts are health in a positive way.:)

I knew there was some reason my coach has clients who adore her ....and are successful.... She is a my nature positive and has the ability to instill a belief
That all things are possible ...and her clients want to live up to her expectations for them to succeed with their goals.
I am sitting here in sheer amazement....that how we behave and react can have a positive or a negative impact on our life.
Wow soo simple ..... Believe It ! Claim It ! Achieve It!:carrot:

I just wanted to share with everyone ... Hope you find it useful!:hug:

Oh today I'm officially 109lbs !!!:)
Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

knm
04-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Lexi - sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I had a crazy busy day and night yesterday and when I finally sat down to type up all the info my coach and I had discussed my internet froze! So let's try this again...

My coach was adamant that I do not cheat part way through P3. I think I mentioned that I have a girls fondue night April 20th which I have decided I am partaking in! Because that would have been right in the middle of P3, she gave me two options. Start phasing off now so I'm in maintenance by the 20th - I didn't like this idea because I'm not happy where I'm at now. Second option was to continue on P1 right up until the night of the 20th. Have a planned cheat that night and then get right back on P1 for a few days to clean out my system (she said about 3-4 days) and then start maintenace. I am thinking I will weigh myself the morning of my cheat and then stick to P1 until I'm back at that weight (sounds like that's what a lot of maintainers have been doing, so figured it'd be a good practice).

Now as far as P1 vs P2 go, my coach said I don't need a set week or two on P2. When I say I'm following P1, I actually mean a combination of the two, just depends how I'm feeling that day and what works based on my situation.

Not sure if that's helpful or not. I think the big thing to take away from it is that to properly reset your pancreas you need to stick to the P3 guidelines exactly for a full two weeks - or at least that's what my coach seemed to suggest.

knm
04-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Roo - I'm so inspired by your weight loss! I'm fairly new to this thread, so you may have gone over it in the past and some of the members may already know your story, but I'm wondering if you could tell me about your experience - I see your goal was 120 but you're more than 10 lbs past that (amazing! Especially at such a low weight!)... did you just stay on P1 longer to drop below your goal and never gained any back? Did you phase off and continue to lose? What's your approach to maintaining?

I think Lexi's mentioned it before, but being shorter, 5 lbs on us is like 15 on someone else. Plus it's definitely harder to maintain at a lower weight since our bodies don't require as much food. How have you managed to be so successful?

Any details you could provide would be appreciated! Thanks!

LexiChanel1
04-04-2013, 03:30 PM
KNM,

Great questions for ROO! I am also in awe of her losses:) Shes awesome!!!!!

Can you help me with phase off?

kellycg102
04-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks Sara, I have 2 clients starting next week. I am excited and feel better after being day 3 on P1 again. I will always have to live 90% of my life low carb. Carbs are not good for me lol.
I found working out stalled my losses to....like nothing, try not to focus on the number, focus on the your reason for working out....training and maybe that will help.

I so agree 5 lbs is like 15, it drives me nuts!!!!!!!!

SaraBean
04-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Roo-you are truly amazing!

kelly-good luck with your clients next week! glad you are feeling better :)

HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYONE!!!

:flow2:

LexiChanel1
04-05-2013, 01:42 AM
Knm, thank you so very much for phase off info. I am going to start my phase off April 13th. Looks like I will provably get to 109ish by then:)

Roo2
04-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Hey ladies- when I reached my original Goal I decided that I wanted to go lower my coach and I both decided ....it would be a good idea ....Sooo I just stayed on
Phase 1. I have given myself a P2 day here or there and back to P1.

Unlike how everyone typically does the plan I am a Night shift worker so...I break my food up differently then others do.

I also combine things together.
Say yesterday I knew I was going to a conference at a Hotel soo. I ate at home
2 over easy eggs and 2 oz of New York Strip Steak and 1/2 Chocolate shake.
Mid morning 1/2 Chocolate Shake . Lunch Lemonade. Got home 2 cups veggies. supper the rest of my Protein ,Veggies and Protein Shake, Later CranGranata Collagen drink and a bar.

So I might eat at 0200 or whenever I feel like eating cuz I am a Night shift worker that flips back and forth and to switch Back and forth I give myself an extra packet the first night back and my coach is fine with that ...and that works for me.

Never have I had just egg whites or eaten a ton of lettuce just not me!
If I want something else say scrambled eggs ...and I think the act of making it ....plating it ..take a few bites and feed the rest to the Dog.

Yesterday was DD 17 th. Birthday,before going to my conference we had our

traditional food Strawberry Cheese Coffee Cake(the family had it ... I just served it)
Later for Dinner they had Chinese .... I had my food.
Then I served the Cake from our favorite Bakery with Breyers Ice Cream and Milk.... I participated but did not eat.

We constantly have food in the house THAT I DO NOT EAT!!!
I can make it, touch it,serve it... BUT DO NOT EAT IT!
Oh and this is a Big one no guilt if I make a mistake , this sets you up to fail next time....move on ..That's what the Doctor said! Called recovery? I Think...
There is something satisfying about visually seeing it and smelling it ...but not ingesting it ....that I am perfectly fine with.

I have a lot of GI issues and prior to starting on IP I could explode from both ends at the same time. Was take meds to control Gi stuff.

Now being on IP I am not in constant stomach pain...Am not constantly wondering where the nearest bathroom is ... Still have GI issues always will ....
So I think having me having an awareness and peace with food has helped me stay on program and lose weight.
I take a ton of Vitamins because I have a malabsorption problem with nutrients ...was doing this prior to starting IP....so maybe that's why I did not experience hair loss.

So I think and now know from the conference I attended yesterday....that what I have been doing is training my brain....and there is science behind it.
The person giving it said a lot of what she was told my her mother of little education...Science proved she was right.
Common sense is a major part of things ....and training our brain.
I have replaced my Neural Pathway Good from being Food to training my dogs.
She said in her Lecture and I was blown away that she replaced her Good whatever food that was with her Horse.
So what gives her stimulates that Good is being with that Horse.
So when I go to dog training class Or spend time with my dogs I am stimulating my good ....so that is my REWARD CENTER now not food.

Who knew that was how I tripped my switch!
Also she spoke of positive emotions, meditation, and activating the self control center in your brain and practicing FOCUS....except for mediation I do all these things... So maybe that's been part of my success ..Plus I have an Awesome Coach who is the Best example of these things and inspires you to want to achieve all you can.

I enjoy being Happy...and apparently that is very good for you.
She talked about protecting your Hippocampus and so nothing is worth hurting my Hippocampus LOL!
So no additional stressing for me ...I do what I can ..and let it go and Protect MY Hippocampus!
I think what has helped me is I have never worried about having all the right diet answers and stressing over minuet details ...that some people obsess

about...and at this conference I to my amazement found Out I was doing the right thing and did not even realize it. Obsessing increases your Cortisol levels and that is not going to get you want you want.
So find what works for you and don't sweat the small stuff it is not good for the Brain !
These are just things that have worked for me ..I am by no means telling anyone how to live or think but sharing some insight ...I hope you find it beneficial and this is 1 of my acts of Random Kindness for the day ..I have 2 more to do! :D learned you should do 3 acts of Random Kindness a day...good for the Brain!:carrot:

SaraBean
04-05-2013, 09:58 AM
roo-:hug: you are such a great inspiration.

wildviolets
04-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Roo2, what conference did you got to? (If you don't mind me asking). Sounds very interesting.

kellycg102
04-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Wow Roo thanks for all the info. I am a huge stresser, anxiety....I know it is not good, I too obsess about food.........trying to not, but it is tough for me. I try to learn techniques to take my mind off, but then forget about them. lol It is a work in progress I guess lol Thanks again....glad you have found your way to happiness.

Roo2
04-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Thanks Ladies!
CEU'S for health professionals.

Oh Kelly I would classify myself as having always been a Happy person...even when things go bad ...I have faith they will turn around...that does not mean that I don't experience sadness like everyone else .

I am a 1/2 Full Glass Girl!
Even when things have went very .very. bad ...there have been important things I have learned and gained.

My family has struggles everyday ...some I can change ..some we just have to learn to live our new normal....but we go on.
As long as we have to go on we should enjoy this day because we will never see it again except in the rear view mirror.

LexiChanel1
04-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Nice ROO, thanks for the info. Its great that you have been eating all that food and got down so low, good luck to you and you will perservere with your awesome attitide on life:)

charliebear99
04-05-2013, 12:14 PM

I agree with another reply. My weight loss improves when I get the water in. I do the best when I just fill two Nalgene liter bottles and stick them in the fridge. Or take them to work. (I work long shifts.) Then before or during every meal and snack I drink 2 cups or half of the bottles. Otherwise I tend to get behind and only drink 1 liter by the evening.

Hope that helps. :)

SaraBean
04-05-2013, 12:25 PM
I agree with another reply. My weight loss improves when I get the water in. I do the best when I just fill two Nalgene liter bottles and stick them in the fridge. Or take them to work. (I work long shifts.) Then before or during every meal and snack I drink 2 cups or half of the bottles. Otherwise I tend to get behind and only drink 1 liter by the evening.

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks Charliebear! I also fill my nalgene bottle twice a day. I have been getting all my 64oz water.... but maybe I will add a little more on. like another 16-24oz. I have also been working out (running) so maybe the fact that I am sweating is leading me to be a little dehydrated.

:woops:

SaraBean
04-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Ugh. so disappointed in myself. my husband had a friend over and I let the excitement get the best of me. we had a bonfire and I ended up eating at least five marshmallows and 1/4 of a Hershey bar. I have been working my butt off for almost 2 weeks in p1 and I totally blew it! I have been disappointed in my weight loss and now I sabotage myself. so silly!!!! So not worth it. I am feeling pretty ashamed. tomorrow is a new day. but what an idiot I am! So disappointed. sigh. :(

LexiChanel1
04-06-2013, 12:51 AM
Sara, don't worry. Pick up and start over

Roo2
04-06-2013, 09:51 AM
:carrot::carrot::hug:Morning Ladies-
SaraBean let it go and don't feel guilty , that is what I learned at the Seminar...cuz guilt leads to repeating...soo just move and restart....and focus.... She says adding 20 minutes a day of mediation is good for us. They scan Buddhist Monks brains that have practiced this and there is more activity then anyone. Also she said get out in Nature and interact that is very good for the brain. Spend time focusing ......only pay attention to one thing at a time.

If you are going to eat ...pay attention to what you are eating ......it takes at least 20 minutes for us to realize we are full that is a whole lot of eating ...
So make it about slowing down the process......so your brain and gut which was referred to as your 2nd brain communicate.
Eat food as close to ground as possible. What is meant my this is in it's most natural state. So drinking a juice would not be this cuz you have lost all the chewing and fiber ....so very little effort is expended.

She states she still loves Chocolate 1 oz piece is a serving.
Apparently everything is about truly experiencing what you are doing .

Retraining the brain to pay attention will increase awareness and retrain the brain.
She says we have made huge mistake my thinking we can multitask.....are brains are not focused ....and we need to pay attention to what we are doing.

The name of the Seminar I attended is Food ,Mood and Cognition.
SaraBean:hug:move on that was in the past:) girl you got this you are doing great.

We all have to nurture ourselves and others.....it is good for the brain.

Yesterday was a very busy day for me I had to have oral surgery and a biopsy done,blood drawn ,and a CT .
Got everything accomplished and we took the family to our favorite Pizza Restaurant for Dinner to Celebrate Birthdays.....the Pizza was Delicious....it smelled wonderful and everyone enjoyed it.... me took my pain meds and Drank
My IP Shake.
I always seem to lose weight after a Hoilday or Celebration....normally I have taken to staying off the scale ....trying to self wean....but with a throbbing mouth ...I needed at little distraction!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!! I WEIGH. 108.4 LBS:D

I do not even remember when I was this weight last!!!!:carrot:

Dream It ! Live It! Achieve It!:):)

I am soo Happy ! And I Plan to keep striving to my goal!!

I want to be able to transition to Phase 2 soon !

I plan on utilizing everything in my arsenal to stay on Track and FOCUS on the Prize!!!
Hopefully my Gut has rested sufficiently to make this transition as painless for me as possible....Cuz I am not wanting to deal with all the other GI issues.
Have appt with GI Doc and will be scheduled to be scoped top and bottom again ..hopefully this time with......Positive News!!!! It is what it is ...and we go on!
I know I will never be able to enjoy all the food that I see people around me eat...but I am learning to enjoy the food that I can eat ....And that is me retraining my Brain!!! Does not mean that I do not like Junk Food !!!! I can sit right next to someone eating it ..... And be OK!! This has taken a while but IT IS DOABLE !!! For all of us !! I know what my incentive is and I draw on it!!
I need to be healthy ...and it is impossible for me if I don't adhere to a plan!
So I go on!
Good Luck to us all,as we strive towards are desired goals,Roo2:carrot::carrot:

knm
04-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Roo - your positive attitude and will power never ceases to amaze me!
Sara - like you said, it's a new day. You had some fun last night, now back to plan!

SaraBean
04-06-2013, 12:00 PM
New day. Time for a run. thanks for the support everyone. it is a beautiful day here in Rhode island.

knm
04-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Morning! Really struggling this weekend. I look so forward to the weekend until it comes and then I can't control the cravings and find it so difficult to stay on plan! It's like as soon as Friday night hits a switch flicks and I lose the urgency! Today's a new day, hoping to stay on plan! Hopin everyone had a better weekend than myself!

SaraBean
04-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Kmn-like the advice you gave me yesterday. its a new day. you may have had some fun this weekend, but now its time to get back at it :)

TwoTots
04-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Rebooting tomorrow! i lost the run of myself over easter. The kids eggs!!! I know, ridiculous. i've been really beating myself up the last day or two. I have just finished reading these posts, very encouraging and positive. Roo i love all the good words you have brought back from that conference. Thanks All. The sun started shining today. Spring has finally sprung! Good luck all.

LexiChanel1
04-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Hi Ladies, crazy weekend. Cant wait to phase off:)

SaraBean
04-08-2013, 08:32 PM
definitely a crazy weekend for me too! The weekends don't have enough structure for me....makes it so much more difficult to stay on plan! (hence my marshmallow extravaganza.. lol)

But just think Lexi! your getting there!!! just one more week? exciting!

:goodvibes

kellycg102
04-08-2013, 09:03 PM
I don't like weekends either. I am day 5 I think or so of strict p1. Even stricter yesterday and today then I was the first time around. Not sure how I missed it but I thought the first time around mustard was allowed but see today it is not. No biggie, just wanted some with my burgers. One thing I can't let go tho is my gum. It has aspartame....I only chew maybe 3.... Half pieces a day but helps me get thru some rough times. I lost 50 before chewing it so that I am going to try and keep? I hate this "second" time round.....really it has been many more...but it sucks. So much harder. I just can't find that same satisfied feeling I got before. Days are pretty good, evenings and weekends suck!!! Oh well keep pushing I guess. Good luck everyone, remember you are not alone!

Momto2cs
04-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Weekends are very hard. I still struggle with them. I always regret it on Monday, but conveniently forget how much the following Friday.
I am going to try sitting down on Thursday and try making a meal plan for just Friday Saturday and Sunday. If I try and do it at the start of the week I find too many things change by the weekend. I'll let you know how it worked next week!

LexiChanel1
04-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Days are goos for me as well, I get really hungry in the evenings and weekends are bad, I struggle allot:( Thats why I am afraid of maintenance, weekends are my downfall, they always have been.

SaraBean
04-09-2013, 11:32 AM
sounds like most of us have major issues with weekends!!! Maybe we should take Momto2cs advice and plan out our weekend meals etc. And maybe if we post our menus / plans here we will be able to help one and other stay accountable???

It's worth a shot right?

:hun:

Momto2cs
04-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Definitely. I will post mine on Thursday.

My only solution to evenings is to go to the gym after work and have dinner when I get home (usually around 7). I often then have a bath and brush my teeth. No more food and bed by 9, although I usually read until 10.

On days I eat dinner earlier Or don't go to the gym I am inclined to eat out of boredom. Which I really hate, as the good does not make me any less bored!

LexiChanel1
04-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Im with you MOM, I cant even go to the gym, have to pick up 3 kids and go home. So when I get a chance to eat its 10pm, and I make bad choices:(

knm
04-09-2013, 03:55 PM
I definitely eat out of boredom. I'm actually not sure if boredom is the right word, but if I'm not swamped doing something and have some time to sit around and relax, that's when I eat. I basically have to choose between being busy and exhausted or relaxed and fat... hmm.

LexiChanel1
04-09-2013, 04:01 PM
knm, good description, thats me too. hilarious:)

LexiChanel1
04-09-2013, 04:02 PM
What I do know is I am starting to really hate apple cider vinegar:(

SaraBean
04-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Lexi-ME TOO!!!! I have started just using just straight olive oil and garlic salt on my salads. SO SICK OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR! LOL.

knm-definitely hard when I sit around and relax. Someone suggested that I try knitting to keep my hands and mind busy.... that worked for about a week....

LexiChanel1
04-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Sarabean, you are funny:) me and you are like soul-dieters....KNM too. We are soulmates in dieting.....hahahaha
I just use red wine, I really dont care at this point.

SaraBean
04-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Sarabean, you are funny:) me and you are like soul-dieters....KNM too. We are soulmates in dieting.....hahahaha
I just use red wine, I really dont care at this point.

awwwww!! this made me smile! we are soul-dieters!

Anyway, off for an afternoon run. It is 70 degrees here in RI today!!!! Been waiting for this weather for awhile! WOOT!

:high:

LexiChanel1
04-09-2013, 05:14 PM
awesome, have fun.

New Englander
04-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Hey guys, Oh, I've been MIA 'cause I've been all over the place with my reboot! :o (oops!) I began on April 1 stayed OP for two days than went every other day... so P1 / cheat day / P1 / cheat day... So, today I'm on my 2nd P1 day and IF I decide to go off it won't be a 'cheat day" but will be a P2 day, which I know makes much more sense. Fortunately I didn't gain on "my plan"...:D

Now I'm back and still needing to get down and have a goal. It took me a while to come up with it. My last goal was my trip to Ireland and I met my goal b/f that trip (well almost). SO my new goal is lose the weight by Cinco de Mayo and so my husband and I can go to our favorite Mexican restaurant. (Well worth many consecutive P1 days!)

Well, just had to get my thoughts off my chest...Hope everyone is doing well!

:)

SaraBean
04-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Ohhhhh. My goal is for Cinco de Mayo too! So I can enjoy a Margarita!!! We can do this New Englander!!

swerdna59
04-10-2013, 09:41 AM
I am finally having some sustained days of P1-like eating and feel good about it. I have found maintaining to be a challenge, not at first but in the past few months it has been a lot harder. I can tell when I avoid the scale or avoid certain clothes that I know my weight is up a few pounds. Even though I am 5'10", 5 pounds can make clothes feel too tight or look unprofessional. I did IP on my own with alternatives after finding our local "clinic" (which is now closed) to be worthless and not being willing to spend the $$ for official IP products. I was able to lose 25 pounds last spring into summer on IP and was thrilled, still am...maintained really easily until the December holidays and then it just seemed to get harder. That time of year is always hard...cold and dark outside so hard to get out to run and so on. I feel like I am back on track at least for now...will weigh myself on Friday morning to see how this past week has been.

LexiChanel1
04-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Welcome Swerdna,

I wish you well:)

Roo2
04-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Morning Ladies - it is pouring rain here...but in my heart it is bright and sunny!

Got on the scale and ...... Today I am I can't believe I am saying this but

I Weigh :carrot: 106.8LBSS. :carrot:

I am so thrilled !!! I feel like all my hardwork and effort has paid off!:D

Wishing everyone positive vibes ....as we strive towards our goals:carrot:

Hey the rain stopped and the dark is passing ..... Hmmm ...Life is good ! I am grateful for all the struggles I have been through...and I have made to the other side stronger and with more resolve!:)

Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot::tantrum::tantrum::tan trum::tantrum:

New Englander
04-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Roo2 Yah! Congrats on all your hard work!!! I can't wait to get there again!!! We all know IP works so I just have to keep focused! :) Way to go...KEEP IT UP!!!!

swerdna59 I'm finally sustaining consecutive P1 days...I'm on my 3rd day...Lets keep up the good work together!!! We can do it!!! I'm 5' 8" and agree about the 5 pounds making a difference. I use to get frustrated when I was obese and my "skinny" friends would complain about having to lose 5 - 10 pounds. Now I get it!!!!!!!!!!! :)

SaraBean We're going to have lunch out that way I can still enjoy nachos and other drinks at home in the evening. :) Plus lunch out is less expensive. :) Cheers to you on Cinco de Mayo!

Maggie

Momto2cs
04-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Hi new englander! Hope the reboot works well!

I agree. 5 pounds for me can almost be a whole pants size now...

LexiChanel1
04-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Roo, thats aweome good work, you are so skinny:)

knm
04-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Roo - congratulations on your continued success! Did you struggle staying on plan before you had reached your goal weight?

Sorry in advance for the upcoming vent! I am having an awful time the past few days. I cheat and feel miserable, and the next day I wake up and tell myself to cheer up, it's a new day. I do great until after work/early evening and next thing I know I'm cheating again. I have been feeling really defeated and that definitely doesn't motivate me to stick to the plan.
What bothers me the most, at the beginning of March I was in a really good place. I phased off for my vacation and had a good time. I gained a few pounds, but knew mostof it was probably water retention. I should have just had a few phase 1 days to get back and then continued with maintenance. Unfortunately, I decided to get back on Phase 1 for a month, so I could lose a few extra pounds so I'd be below goal, and I just haven't been able to commit. Now I'm up about 4 lbs from my lowest weight and miserable. I can't even seem to get through ONE day on plan. I have an appointment with my coach after work, hopefully she'll give me the kick in the butt that I need. I am trying to stay positive and tell myself it's only a couple weeks (I'm sure if I stuck to P1 for a week I'd be back to my lowest), and then P3 is actually enjoyable, so really it's just getting through a week or two of P1. I just don't know why it's SO difficult on me right now!

Anyone have any advice on what to do to get that motivation back? I try and remind myself how great I feel, even after just 3 days of P1, but my brain just keeps reminding me how good chocolate tastes! I love that feeling of being in control. Seeing chips or cake or garlic toast and having zero interest in it, I just have no idea how to get that control back again.

swerdna59
04-10-2013, 01:58 PM
I got rid of all my 12's and a few 14's when they got too big...I only have my 7/8's or 8's left...so...hoping some good P1 days get me back to feeling better in them. I already feel better after 3 days of solid P1--my own version that is! This weekend will be a challenge as we are having company staying and will going to a family get together most likely this weekend but at least I know how to get back on track pretty quickly. It helps that spring is on its way and I can run outside which I prefer to my indoor treadmill or exercise DVD's.

As always, maintaining weight loss seems to be the most difficult and challenging part but I never had the success at actually getting much below 160 pounds on any other diet until IP where I settled at 145 which is about a perfect weight for me or so it seems.

swerdna59
04-10-2013, 02:05 PM
knm...I have been feeling the same way.

The first time around it was like a magical thing and so intrinsically motivating to see the weight kind of just slide off ... once I got to where I felt I wanted to be it wasn't too hard to maintain because while I might have gone off plan for a day or two, I got right back on track and easily back to my goal weight.

Seemed like I just got really lazy and a couple of days of eating whatever turned into 3 or 4 and then it seemed like the scale just stuck at 150...seeing that "5" shocked me...I knew I had to do something and my work slacks started feeling too snug and I just decided I was not going to allow myself to gain the weight back...so I have been doing pretty well the past few days...plan to weigh myself on Friday morning to see how it's going.

That said, the weekend will be challenging with company and gatherings but I am going to try my best.

It's incredibly hard to not just eat whatever and whenever...food is such a big part of life and darn it if it just doesn't taste so good!

For me it is so much more a mental thing than anything else, if my head isn't in the game, nothing really seems to work.

Good luck!!!

Roo2
04-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Roo - congratulations on your continued success! Did you struggle staying on plan before you had reached your goal weight?

Sorry in advance for the upcoming vent! I am having an awful time the past few days. I cheat and feel miserable, and the next day I wake up and tell myself to cheer up, it's a new day. I do great until after work/early evening and next thing I know I'm cheating again. I have been feeling really defeated and that definitely doesn't motivate me to stick to the plan.
What bothers me the most, at the beginning of March I was in a really good place. I phased off for my vacation and had a good time. I gained a few pounds, but knew mostof it was probably water retention. I should have just had a few phase 1 days to get back and then continued with maintenance. Unfortunately, I decided to get back on Phase 1 for a month, so I could lose a few extra pounds so I'd be below goal, and I just haven't been able to commit. Now I'm up about 4 lbs from my lowest weight and miserable. I can't even seem to get through ONE day on plan. I have an appointment with my coach after work, hopefully she'll give me the kick in the butt that I need. I am trying to stay positive and tell myself it's only a couple weeks (I'm sure if I stuck to P1 for a week I'd be back to my lowest), and then P3 is actually enjoyable, so really it's just getting through a week or two of P1. I just don't know why it's SO difficult on me right now!

Anyone have any advice on what to do to get that motivation back? I try and remind myself how great I feel, even after just 3 days of P1, but my brain just keeps reminding me how good chocolate tastes! I love that feeling of being in control. Seeing chips or cake or garlic toast and having zero interest in it, I just have no idea how to get that control back again.

KNM:hug: it is hard I know:(. , what works for me is to stay focused on what I need to do ! I think in the beginning it was a major battle of the wills ....but if I could give up my beloved Coke Cola habit ..... I could handle ...anything!
Plus I have my kids watching ...could not bare the idea of falling on my face in front of them! I am a Procrastinator,.... But once a getting going I am like a dog with a bone ...I lock on and don't let go. I realize once I let myself off the hook ..it would be hard to get back on board.

Also I have given myself timeline ....cuz I plan on having surgery and need to be at goal....So holding myself accountable works on many different fronts for me .

In addition I have major GI issues ...so I have been resting things sort of ...am a bit hesitant to do or eat anything that will put in flair!

Knowing that everyone is watching me I feel an obligation to be an IP success story cuz everyone and their brother tells me why I should not be doing this diet and do the XYZ plan ....that they did (and really have not had success at)
Or their 3rd cousin twice removed has done.
And most of all I am a very stubborn person and I refuse to give up and admit defeat!!!! So I continue on days turns into weeks ...weeks into months....and I am still standing.

This is a diet ! I have faced bigger obstacles in my life ....I have my own back ...I tell myself we got this!!
I visualize what success feels like on a daily basis and I am willing to battle the bad voices on my shoulder that says go on take a bite I won't tell! And the good voice that says. Don't do it ...it will ruin everything. ,,,we are doing soo well.....I generally drown out the negative and go with the little Halo wearing Guy:D
Hope this helps ...I just keep pounding it out...and I pray for the strength and the courage to continue.
Good Luck,Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

SaraBean
04-10-2013, 03:01 PM
knm- sorry you are having such a hard time....

The first thing I would do is try and get rid of all the temptations in your house! Or have your family hide them away somewhere. I know a few nights this week I have really wanted chocolate and I knew my DH had some somewhere.... but i gave up looking around and knew that if I actually had to ask him he would tell me no way (plus i didn't want to ask due to pride LOL)
:chockiss::chockiss::chockiss:

The motivation thing is so tough! Maybe you could make some sort of a daily schedule to help you follow? I wasn't using the food diary for the first week of my reboot and realized that having to log everything really keeps me accountable. Or if you go a whole week without cheating give yourself some kind of reward (non food related of-course!)
:beach:

Hang in there! you can do it! Hopefully your coach will give you GREAT advice tonight. Let us know!

LexiChanel1
04-10-2013, 03:32 PM
KNM,

i understand you.....I really do. Ive been there.
What keeps me going is other people. I know sounds weird right? It seems to bother people that I am losing weight....no idea why? dont they have their own life? I can tell people are annoyed when they see me thin, some even admit it by making a smart comment, which reassures me that I was right in thinking I am annoying them. people dont like thin people, I have noticed this recently. Never before....ts crazy. I have heard things like , are you going to throw up that cake later (at my bro wedding), or that Ive never been this thin, ok? no actually I was 92 lbs on my wedding day and under 90 before that. I dont understand these comments. I think its jealousy....
At my brothers wedding 2 ladies ive known since grammar schol forced themselves to say hello....I saw one of them avoiding me. She actually made a smart comment when they put out pizza and burgers at midnite. I filled my plate and she said, ummm, like you are going to eat that?
Ummmm whats it to you bitc*? Thats what i wanted to say..... Im actually going to see het this Sunday, cant wait, have my outfit ready, I am oulling out the big guns for this one:)

LexiChanel1
04-10-2013, 04:23 PM
so everyone, I am phasing off on 2 days. I really am over IP....I just cant do it anymore peeps. Its too much for my body. I am starting phase off Saturday. I decided I will go straight to Phase 3. I will keep you all updated on how it goes:)

SaraBean
04-10-2013, 04:35 PM
good luck Lexi!!!! Definitely keep us updated!

Ps. what parts of the diet do you think are too much? Just curious :)

knm
04-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Thank you all for the support and encouraging words! Having a place to come and vent and have people build you up means so much to me! Most of my friends have never had to worry about weight so it's very difficult for me to talk to them about it. Others that do have weight issues aren't much help either, unfortunately. They just say, look how much you've lost, you look great now so just stop, but what they don't understand is 1 - I'm not completely satisified where I'm at now, and 2 - I'm not in the right mindset to quit yet, if I were to quit today I would binge and gain it all back, I know myself.
So, I have decided to re-commit to get back to my lowest (I'm up about 4 lbs, so really this should only take a week) and will then re-evaluate and see where my mind and determination is at then.

Lexi - congrats and making it to the point where you can happily phase off! And you show that b*tch how much you can eat on Sunday! (and then of course have a P1 day Monday) ;)

LexiChanel1
04-10-2013, 05:44 PM
KNM,

You are so funny....Good luck, I believe in you:)

LexiChanel1
04-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Sara,

Basically all of it:) Scared to say more, peeps from 100% and some of the other threads will attack me.

LexiChanel1
04-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Sara,
DONT READ if you wanna yell at me.

I hate the vinegar, apple cider, YUCK! I hate WF dressing, double yuck....
I hate all the IP stuff except choc shake and ALL restricteds, HAHAHAHA.

Im sick of chicken steak, and every other animal protein, ummmm thats about it for now.

Momto2cs
04-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Good luck Lexi.
Kmn-if you lose 4 pounds in a week I want to know your secret. I have never been able to do that!

The mental strain of dieting and dealing with the ups and downs of it is a lot to take. Lexi, you should slowly work towards finding a way of eating that works for you.

Eat slowly, only when you are hungry and never until you are stuffed. Those small "ideas" can have big results.

Ps-I don't like apple cider vinegar either. I have used newmans own oil and vinegar the entire time. To each her own!

No one should feel able to criticize anyone else on these forums. Positive support and honest experiences go much further.

New Englander
04-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Hi Knm, I've been struggling staying OP during this reboot. What I did was when I ate off plan I made better "off plan choices". So instead of having cheese and crackers I would have peanuts, or pop corn with a little butter. I'm currently on day three of P1 (staying 100%) and when I need more of something I have an extra packet or restricted. I figure it will keep me in ketosis and curb my cravings...(well sort of). I'm trying to get into the mind set I had the first time around when I lost 70 lbs. I want to look and feel healthy. I need to get there now as I'm only 20 over...I can't keep letting my weight creep up! Stay strong and make the best possible food choices, even if it is a "bad" day. You'll find yourself back in the saddle and doing great soon! Just keep your chin up and you'll get there...Don't be so hard on yourself either!!!:hug: Maggie

New Englander
04-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Sara,

Im sick of chicken steak, and every other animal protein, ummmm thats about it for now.

Me too on all the proteins!!! And I have 20# to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!! LOL

SaraBean
04-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Sara,

I hear it :) Sounds like it is time for you to move on! Seems like you have your head in the right place and I know you are going to do awesome!!!! And screw the peeps that wanna "yell". We are all doing this for OURSELVES. Not for anyone else. So if the program is not jiving with you at the moment so be it! I myself can't wait to get off either.... Less than a month for me! (fingers crossed)

:snail:

LexiChanel1
04-10-2013, 08:55 PM
At least you all appreciate my honesty on this forum. Thank you mom. You are so sweet:)

swerdna59
04-10-2013, 09:07 PM
I will say it again but maintaining one's weight loss is the hardest part...I mostly lurk on 3FC...but read it almost every day!

SaraBean
04-10-2013, 09:13 PM
swerdna- maintaining is DEFINITELY the hardest!!!!

Lexi- I forgot to mention.... GOOD LUCK on Sunday! you are going to look hot to trot in your outfit & you tell those girls like it is!

:flow2:

Momto2cs
04-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Lurking and keeping up with the forums help in maintenance.

Roo2
04-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Lexi good luck ...you are a Warrior don't forget it! You have battled to get this weight off when a lot would have said that 's good enough .:(

From one fellow shorty to another ...I here you when you say even a little bit of weight shows on us! And without the added height to stretch it out in settles mostly around our middle region!
I feel like I have been in a major slugfest getting this last bit of weight off.
But it is the Tummy region where it wants to hang...soo hon I understand.

Don't ever feel like you can not vent ....just call it out and it 's ok ....we all get tired and frustrated!:hug:

I would have a more difficult time coming back after a cheat and would kick off myself being Ill...so I go on!
Sometimes in the middle of the night I wish I too could eat normally and not have to worry about it....then reality hits and I know I will always have to be vigilant.
At least you will be able to wean yourself slowly back into eating a somewhat normal diet. You have soo much going for you...don't you let yourself or anyone else tell you any differently.
Be proud of everything you have achieved .... And you are smart to know when you have had enough..... A diet should be incorporated in to your life like children and not be the focus of your life....or else life is out of balance...and that is neither a healthy or happy way to live.:hug:

I wish for you health,happiness and inner peace...:hug:
I think the struggles help make us stronger and we can draw on our coping skills that we learned here ...later in life in different situations.:hug:
May God bless you and your family.:hug:
take care,Roo2:hug:

LexiChanel1
04-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Wow Roo. You are so sweet. You are amazing and what you have done is astounding. I am so proud of you:) thanks for being there for me.

LexiChanel1
04-11-2013, 12:31 AM
Sara. You are so funny. I write allot of stuff to make people laugh. I love to be entertaining. I do look good but there's always someone better. I just know this chick is bothered by my hot bod so I like to bother her more. I think I'm going to wear those printed or colored pants denim that are in. Saw some at gap. That should get her all riled up. And I'll make sure to buy them 2 sizes too small to really piss her off:) lol

knm
04-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Lexi - you will have to keep us posted on the phase off and even the first few months of maintenance. There used to be a thread - Life after Phase 1 (it seems to have fallen off the map), but I read through every post in that thread and it really helped and gave me the feeling that "yes, I can do this, and keep the weight off when I'm finally there." I know there's a maintainers thread which I lurk, but they don't seem to discuss their meals or how there weight is holding up the same way.

Thank Heavens! I can finally say I made it through 1 full day of P1. I went to see my coach yesterday and she helped a bit. We came up with a calendar so I can see how many days of P1 I have left and hopefully that countdown will help me. I also decided to give myself a reward for every day I stick to the plan - $10. By the time I hit maintenance (including my 2 weeks in P3) I should have right around $250, just enough to buy the Michael Kors espresso watch I've been dying to buy the last few months! Finally, I started looking through my visa statements the last year and it finally hit home how much I've spent on this diet. I need to get through this for myself and my savings account!

SaraBean
04-12-2013, 09:58 AM
knm- that's a great idea to reward yourself!!!

I am starting to get my shopping list together for how I am going to stay on plan this weekend. Going have all healthy OP meals planned out in advance so I don't get lazy and decide to eat something silly like marshmellows. haha

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!

LexiChanel1
04-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Hi KNM, Sara,
Thank you for all the encouragement.

Thank you for listing out all the threads I can use to get into on Maintenance as well KNM. You are so sweet:) You guys will do well, just focus on the finish line. Sara, treat this like you would a marathon. Be motivated until the end.
KNM, Try to see this as a business venture opportunity for yourself. You can open your own clinic and be the spokesperson. And what better than to be the spokesperson, (look what IP did for me). I went to a clinic where the two ladies coaching weighed allot more than me and they had allot to say about my diet and exercise and bodyfat.....UMMMMM I didnt respect that. Practice what you preach. That what I really wanted to say. You can set an example for others to follow and be a great mentor and life coach:)

LexiChanel1
04-12-2013, 10:44 AM
i am on Phase 3 today. Ill keep you all updated.

knm
04-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Lexi - happy first P3 day!

Sara, I'm doing the same - planning my meals out for the entire weekend so I have everything on hand. And I've made plans with friends both Saturday and Sunday afternoon, as that tends to be the time I'm sitting around and my mind starts wandering through all my cravings!

kellycg102
04-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Hello everyone, feeling pretty good the last 4 days or so, I am back to strict
P1 with mostly IP food but some alternatives mixed in. I am down 4 lbs since Monday. So happy that I dialed my food in and dropped all those little extras. Weekends are hard for me but shouldn't be bad this weekend I am working an 11 day stretch, 12 hr days all weekend, so happy about that keeping me on track. Now to read your post.lol Take care all!

SaraBean
04-12-2013, 01:48 PM
i am on Phase 3 today. Ill keep you all updated.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!

:dancer:

LexiChanel1
04-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks Sara, so far so good:)

SaraBean
04-13-2013, 11:07 AM
OK.... getting frustrated.... I have been doing P1 for almost three weeks now (YES... i had one cheat day last friday which involved a few marshmellows and a little chocolate)... but i have only lost 1lb. WHAT GIVES?????

I think I am doing everything right! I am using both IP food and alternatives. I am sure the alternatives are comparable to IP products though. They are all from nashua nutrition and are mostly soups and omelets. I am taking my vitamins and drinking my water. I just don't understand.

There are two things that might be happening:

1. running 3-4 times a week has stalled my progress

2. i got off the pill last month. maybe my hormones are out of wack?

What do you all think? I guess I should take a week off from exercise and see if that helps... I really don't want to do that seeing I have a 10mile race on April 28th....

This is just frustrating! I am getting to the point of saying forget it. This isn't working for me. UGH!!!!!

Anyway, hope you are all having a nice weekend. Sorry to unload negativity on you all. I am just getting aggravated!

Roo2
04-13-2013, 11:29 AM
SaraBean :hug: there are too many variables to say which one it is .

First....I would give it time.... Having. Hormone shifts, exercising with great intensity and dieting is a lot for a body to handle.

I would try to ad some mediation 20 minutes a day to help center you.:)

I strongly believe in the mind ,body spirit thing!

Focus ....and don't stress!:carrot:

Enjoy life .. And the Journey ....sometimes when we relax and let go ....things come more natural and flow in our life.!:hug:

I know girl you can do it ! It is not about trying ! It is about doing ....I am confident that if you let go of the doubt and embrace the experience you will find that drive that has always been there.

Good Luck,Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Momto2cs
04-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Roo2
Great suggestions
I started meditating before bed about -0 days ago and I already feel calmer and I lost 2.2 pounds this week. Not on phase 1!

Sarabean-I have had reboots in the past that took weeks to see scale changes, but in the end they always came and often with really good inches lost.
Keep at it.

SaraBean
04-13-2013, 06:18 PM
kelly- glad you are doing well and p1! and congrats on the losses!! WHOOP WHOOP!!

roo- you are right. Maybe I need to let go a little and relax.

Mom-I will continue to stick with it. It is good to know others have had similar experiences.

Just had a great afternoon with my close friends. Right now the Daffodils are in bloom and there is this field out in the middle of the woods that has hundreds of them!!! We took a hike out and took in all their beauty. It was so AMAZING!!!

:yoga:

kellycg102
04-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Sara, I think it was alot to do with the pill and the running. I was working out 4 days a week, just weight training and some cardio on treadmill and I lost nothing. I stopped and finally lost. It sucks because I know you are training so the last thing you want to do is stop completely, but to loose you may????? and your hormones are likely out of wack. I was told by my IP consultant....trainer that IP is not a high protein diet they are giving you the right amount of protein as on a balanced diet, but decreasing fat and carbs. So that is why they don't recommend exercise especially at the beginning becuase the amount of protein we are eating on P1 is just enough for daily function, not for exercise and for your muscles to rebuild after tearing from workouts. Might have to add 2 packets if you continue to train as much and not losing. Good luck!

SaraBean
04-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the advice Kelly. I will try adding a fourth packet the days that I run. I think I am going to keep training until my race and then cut way back. So I just need to be OK with the fact that I may have stalled weight loss for the next two weeks.

knm
04-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Sara keep at the training! You've come so far, I wouldn't slow it down just because the scale isn't moving. The race is in two weeks so keep it up!
Lexi - how's phase 3?

Quick question - there's been some threads lately on the cleanse - novi-cleanse or novi-cure. My coach has always said she wouldn't recommend me doing it until I'm in maintenance. Has anyone else heard this? Anyone tried it in maintenance?

SaraBean
04-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Sara keep at the training! You've come so far, I wouldn't slow it down just because the scale isn't moving. The race is in two weeks so keep it up!
Lexi - how's phase 3?

Quick question - there's been some threads lately on the cleanse - novi-cleanse or novi-cure. My coach has always said she wouldn't recommend me doing it until I'm in maintenance. Has anyone else heard this? Anyone tried it in maintenance?

Knm- I stuck with the training today (10 miles woot!) and weighed myself after the running. I was down 1.5lbs... it probably mostly water weight from sweating but I'll take it!!! LOL

I have also been wondering about the Novi-cleanse. I searched a few of the threads on here like you did and found mixed reviews. Some said it helped, others said it was a waste of money. So I started looking into other cleanses. Once I get off P1 and back into maintenance I want to cleanse. I am hoping to get pregnant and figure getting rid of some toxins can't hurt! A couple of my friends have used the Renew Life First Cleanse and said it was easy on their bodies and felt great after. Let me know if you find out any more info!

:preg:

SaraBean
04-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Lexi how is phase 3?!?!

Momto2cs
04-14-2013, 07:23 PM
I hated the novi cleanse. It made me nauseous and did nothing for weight loss.

LexiChanel1
04-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Phase 3 is really great, havent gained anything:) YAYYYYYY

knm
04-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Sara - way to keep it up! I tend to get discouraged rather easily, so I know the last few weeks must have been tough on you! I'm sure it's the muscle you're building that's causing the scale to be so stubborn!

Lexi - great to hear that you haven't gained anything! I don't recall if you'd been exercising while on P1, have you changed your fitness level at all since starting P3? When I phased off for vacation, I added cardio once I reached P3 (before I was just doing pilates). Not sure if that helped or not - I didn't gain weight, but I wonder if I would have otherwise...

LexiChanel1
04-15-2013, 05:58 PM
KNM,

I did add cardio as well but I am hard core lifting weights. I also havent been eating a ton though, mostly protein.

LexiChanel1
04-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Hi ladies, I did well on phase 3. No gain, still 107 lbs. I am doing Phase 4 today. Cant follow these strict plans forever, I need a little pizza day:)

LexiChanel1
04-17-2013, 12:07 PM
On phase 3 I was having about 100 grams of carbs a day. So I feel I have transitioned to carbs really well, not sure why. I think its because I am super active. I did crossfit on Saturday and Sunday. I am sure that has a lot to do with it:) For me its about the calories, not necessarily the carbs, everyone is different though.

SaraBean
04-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Lexi- so glad your transition is going so smoothly!!! Let us know how P4 goes! I have always wanted to try crossfit! Enjoy!

Momto2cs
04-17-2013, 03:51 PM
That's great Lexi! I would just keep track for a while and see if you notice any food related ups and downs. Many people clearly are able to reintroduce a significant amount of carbs. I think for me it is a combination of age (I know, 41 isn't that old) and body fat that result in carbs causing me issues.

Roo2
04-17-2013, 04:26 PM
:encore::encore::encore::encore::encore::encore::e ncore::encore::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::che er2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer 2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::congrat::congra t::congrat::congrat::congrat:
Yay Lexi - soo happy for you:hug:
Keep it up girl and enjoy that Pizza:D

You have worked so hard :carrot: Enjoy your Success :D. you deserve it:D

Roo2
04-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Great Lexi:hug:

LexiChanel1
04-17-2013, 05:44 PM
I know seriously:) I cant deal with not eating things I love, I have dieted long enough. I am keeping up the workouts, I did 1 hour of strength training today. I did 30 minutes of cardio as well, HIIT. Soooo I think I will be ok.
I had rye toast for breakfast cottage cheese, and chicken salad casar dressing for lunch, Ill have steak for dinner. I am going to try to stay at 1400 calories for my 1st week in P4, just to ensure no gains. we shall see.

swerdna59
04-18-2013, 08:45 AM
Still dealing with trying to stick to P1 eating to take off some pounds gained over the past few months and it is so hard. Yesterday went fine though so hope to keep it going. Having company and family gatherings last weekend made it extremely challenging and I must say I indulged. Definitely a journey I will be on for the rest of my life I suppose. Sigh.

knm
04-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Lexi, that's awesome that you've been enjoying yourself the last few weeks and the scale has been supportive! How was your first P4 day?

I've been on P2 since last Friday and the scale hasn't moved much. My own fault though, I've been tweaking the program a bit too much this week, and truthfully I'm just happy the scale hasn't moved up (twice I've had 2 restricteds, and twice I've eaten out - I stuck to salads but didn't request oil and vinegar for dressing, had their homemade vinegarette, and although I requested no cheese, there were nuts and dried fruit on both salads which I ate... oops!). TOM is hitting me really hard for the first time since being on IP. I never really noticed cravings or bloating in the past, but I had terrible PMS last week - grouchy, cravings out of this world, and this week although I'm not as crabby, the bloating is out of control. I feel like I have a food baby in my belly! Oh well, by next week I should be back to normal!

I'm planning on moving to P3 early next week - depends how in control I can stay on Saturday for my fondue night. I'm taking a salad so hoping I can have a big portion of that before I even go along with some chicken and then I won't go into the night starving!

LexiChanel1
04-18-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm doing well I was down .5 this morning. I ate light all day, had an omelette ham cheese and Joseph's low carb pita for dinner with pop chips.

capricious
04-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Back at it again. Starting Day 4 today. The one thing I reeeaaallly need to do is get through the first month. For some reason I keep spinning out in week 3/4. But even that is a ways away right now.

LexiChanel1
04-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Capricious, what happened? Did you gain weight back?

Momto2cs
04-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Hey cap
What do you find starts to derail you at week 3/4? Are you bring too restrictive? Is it hormones? A craving for wine (ok...that's me...)

The last time I rebooted I tried to stick to the foods I liked best. If that means steak every night, so be it.

Hope life is going well otherwise.

LexiChanel1
04-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Mom, I like your pic! Beautiful family, god bless.

Momto2cs
04-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Thanks Lexi. I thought the other one was a bit too fancy for me :)

Hope your are doing well. I have branched out and started adding some fruit back. No problems as of yet.

SaraBean
04-18-2013, 08:25 PM
capricious-good luck! I am about 3.5 weeks in right now and I can totally see how it is easy to spin out... I am getting so sick of the foods and the no wine!!!

mom-that is good advice to only eat what you like the most... I think that going to be my plan to stay on plan especially through this weekend.

[Lexi-I hope my transition back into phase4 goes as smoothly as yours! That's awesome!

Well I am having a really hard week. All the news and sadness surrounding the marathon has really brought my mood down. I just want to sleep and cry. I have forced myself to run hoping it would get me out of this funk but it hasn't yet. At least I haven't turned to food (or to a drink). I really wanted a glass of wine bad yesterday but just went to sleep instead.

Anyway hope you all have a great night.

SaraBean
04-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Ok. Crazy morning. Went into work and my campus was evacuated due to the manhunt in Boston. The second suspect went to umass Dartmouth where I currently am employed at the marine science building. I am now back home extremely stressed and saddened and just want to eat. I am trying to unglue myself from the news but can't! I know I should take a walk, get outside, shut my mind off....

Roo2
04-19-2013, 12:08 PM
:hug:SaraBean:hug: how horrible tragedy that has happened ...when it should have been a time to celebrate people's achieving goals..and living out their dreams!:?:

It is soo hard to wrap my head around the Evil that lives within people's hearts and later acted upon ...on poor unsuspecting people just living their own lives never thinking today could/would be the last day;)

I know how the draw to past patterns is comforting in times of stress...maybe just cuddle something warm and furry or watch an old comforting movie or reruns.

:hug:hug:

SaraBean
04-19-2013, 08:47 PM
So depressed.... my heart hurts. So unbelievably insane.... it makes me want to get back on the pill....why bring a baby into this world. Sigh..I'm done with all of this.....my husband tried to cheer me up..didn't work.....what is wrong with people

Momto2cs
04-19-2013, 10:42 PM
These people are screwed.

A baby is a gift. My 2 amazingly interesting and different kids have been such a wild n crazy ride! Never doubt that you can make the world better! More of us...less wackos

capricious
04-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Mom2cs- I think a large part of it is hormones. Week 3 almost always coincides with expecting TOM. And at some level I think I get more comfortable in my body at that point and lose some vigilance and that escalates. My coach reminded me of a very important word that I need to exercise with myself. "No". Learned it before. Learning it again. It's worth it.
Lexi- I have gained. It's been 2 years since my first go round with IP. Lost all my weight plus some. Kept it all off for 9 months. Was up about 7 at a year. This past year of yo yo- ing has put me up another 15 on top of that.
Where I am now is where I've been most consistently since grade 7. I've been up from here and down from here. But this was a pretty acceptable weight until I saw myself so much lighter and realized how much excess I'd been carrying around. Mostly I miss the controlled eating and the firmness I had when I first I entered maintenance. Phase 1 is like reprogramming. Clearly delineated meal and snack times and extreme portion control. It makes it simpler to stay on track in maintenance when you weigh what you want to weigh and have the eating habits to support it. I let my habits slip (e.g. having only one free day a week followed by as many needed phase 1 days to get back to goal). Need to follow through on Phase 1 to get back to the maintenance stages. Being an all or nothing kind of a gal... if I slip I tend to slip in a big way...
SaraBean- I hope things are settling down a bit in your world. Can't imagine being so closely touched by such tragedy. Have to agree with Mom though. Babies are the light of this world and in the face of darkness the world needs more light.

ferrousgal
04-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Looks like this is the thread for me even though I never reached my ultimate goal and maintenance planning.

I started last May 1st, was doing really well with discipline, then my mom died on June 12th and I've just never been able to get my discipline 100% back. I did manage to lose about 15 lbs extra when I did my 1st reboot last Fall, then of course Christmas came and I just figured I'd restart again a week after the new year. And I would try after the new year and lose discipline after a week or two. So, IDK, this might be like my 4th or 5th restart/reboot of my alternative IP diet if I count the little 1-2 week tries in January and February. Something like that. And until this time around, I was able to relose back to the final point I reached in early Dec until now it seems. It's taken 5 days for me to only lose 2.5 lbs. Um, that's not good, especially since I suspect that I probably have a plateau right at 180 lbs that will likely take a good couple weeks or so to finally shatter. I was thinking I'd get back down to 181-183ish in two weeks, obviously my body has other ideas. (I regained 10 of the 35 lbs I lost up to Dec) :P

I know why my discipline is really hard to keep too. My mom would go on diets for just about her entire adult life. And her mother was the same way. And it just kind of makes me feel like life is too short to deprive myself simple joys of eating. Then I look in the mirror and wish I could look better in my clothes. LOL.

SaraBean
04-21-2013, 10:30 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. You are right. Kids are a blessing. Today is a new day and I am going to start it with a good attitude.

Ferrousgal- welcome. So have you started your reboot? Good luck!! Reading and posting on here has really kept me on track. I love the support.

New Englander
04-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. You are right. Kids are a blessing. Today is a new day and I am going to start it with a good attitude.

Ferrousgal- welcome. So have you started your reboot? Good luck!! Reading and posting on here has really kept me on track. I love the support.

Hang in there SaraBean. I have lots of friends who live in Boston and one in Watertown. :( Also had connections to Sandy Hook. People who knew those who died...a college roommate went to Sandy Hook Elementary...AND in addition we had Sandy Storm which tore up NY, NJ, CT & RI. This past year has not been kind to the Northeast... :( Hold on to what makes you happy and focus on that...rent a funny movie or jog to clear your head. You're not alone! Remember we are Boston Strong!!!!!!!!! <3

SaraBean
04-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Thanks New Englander... You are right! The northeast sure has has it rough recently. We are Boston Strong!

New Englander
04-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Good morning ladies, Day 4 of P1. Feeling good. I'm down a little from yesterday. :) My first mini-goal is to get into the 170's. Only about 7 - 8 lbs away...:) Drinking my hot tea and watching Dr. Phil and thinking my sibling rivalry is nothing compared to what's on his show today! LOL

capricious
04-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Ferrousgal- I think we may be sharing a diet brain :P. I'm in a pretty darn similar boat. I did reach goal and phase out but since the gain... We're on the same track. And it goes absolutely nowhere. My coach gave me this advice " you just have to keep trying because on one of these tries it's just going to click". This maintenance style of 2-3 weeks on 1-3 weeks off, repeat, sucks. And I don't know about you but when I've given myself free rein to have whatever whenever I get to the point where it doesn't even really taste that good anymore I just because I can. And because I'm restarting tomorrow... Or maybe the next day ;). So whatever it is that I'm trying to satisfy with food is not something that food is going to satisfy. Just working on accepting the time issue right now. I know that because I've had so many resarts it's messed with my system (metabolism) a bit. My thing to try this go round is not weighing myself. I'm still going into my clinic weekly and writing down everything I eat but this needs to be more about how I feel about myself than the number on the scale. If you find the scale is frustrating you and threatening to derail your efforts maybe forgo it for a bit. Or try weighing in biweekly vs. weekly. Patience is everything on a diet. And typically people who need a diet are the instant gratification sort... Not the patient sort... At least that's my experience...
Sara- I am so glad that you are feeling better! Way to go staying on track through all your stressors!
NewEnglander- you do know how to make me laugh. That line about Dr. Phil showing up your sibling rivalry was priceless.
I held on by the skin of my teeth yesterday. But I do find holding tough when the going gets rough to be the most strengthening.

SaraBean
04-22-2013, 08:13 PM
I am hanging on my the skin of my teeth today Capricious! I almost caved an poured a glass a wine when I got home from work, but read this thread instead. Your quote "holding tough when the going gets rough is the most strengthening" gave me the strength to have some tea instead! I have also had a bunch of restarts and feel that it has totally messed with my metabolism too. That is why I'm going to keep sticking to it!!!

I have been such a debbie downer this past week and am finally starting to snap out of it... PHEW!!!! My poor husband has been dealing with one crabby crab!!!

HAPPY EARTH DAY EVERYONE!!!!!

:snail::snail::snail::sunny::snail::snail::snail:

ferrousgal
04-22-2013, 09:53 PM
I managed to lose 4.5 lbs for my 1st week on the current (*ahem* I should say FINAL) reboot. So I guess I did ok. I've been having the hunger/snack monster attacking me which is not so good. Been eating way too much SF chocolates which is not a good idea for either trying to keep losses going or trying to not have gastro issues. :o

ferrousgal
04-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Ferrousgal- I think we may be sharing a diet brain :P. I'm in a pretty darn similar boat. I did reach goal and phase out but since the gain... We're on the same track. And it goes absolutely nowhere. My coach gave me this advice " you just have to keep trying because on one of these tries it's just going to click". This maintenance style of 2-3 weeks on 1-3 weeks off, repeat, sucks. And I don't know about you but when I've given myself free rein to have whatever whenever I get to the point where it doesn't even really taste that good anymore I just because I can. And because I'm restarting tomorrow... Or maybe the next day ;). So whatever it is that I'm trying to satisfy with food is not something that food is going to satisfy. Just working on accepting the time issue right now. I know that because I've had so many resarts it's messed with my system (metabolism) a bit. My thing to try this go round is not weighing myself. I'm still going into my clinic weekly and writing down everything I eat but this needs to be more about how I feel about myself than the number on the scale. If you find the scale is frustrating you and threatening to derail your efforts maybe forgo it for a bit. Or try weighing in biweekly vs. weekly. Patience is everything on a diet. And typically people who need a diet are the instant gratification sort... Not the patient sort... At least that's my experience...

Yeah, coming up on the New Year, I just really wanted to start eating salad again. It was no longer all that satisfying to consume multiple Dr Peppers daily and eat cookies and bread and such. And that time I did ok, made it about 3 weeks without really breaking down, but it was a huge bummer to not see any progress scale wise for the 2nd and 3rd week. I know it's going to take some extra effort to shatter that plateau, so I'm hoping coming here to post daily will help keep me accountable to myself since I don't have a coach and am 100% alternative.

knm
04-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Morning ladies! I need some advice!

I am still 3 lbs up from my lowest. My plan was to start phase 3 tomorrow. I'm kinda bummed because I was hoping to be lower than I am. Should I continue with my planned phase off and then be super careful in P3 and maintenance and hopefully I'll be a lucky one that can keep losing? Or should I stick with P1/2 for another week or two?
My concern about sticking with P1/2 is that I feel like I've hit that wall where I'm sabotaging myself and I'm not sure I have the strength to stick to P1 100% for another week or two... I don't want to waste more money and time if I'm not going to stick to it... that being said, the next 10 days I have no big events, so maybe now's the perfect time to buckle down for 10 days?

Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation? I'm going to make an appt with my coach either tonight or tomorrow and get her thoughts...

FitGirl2014
04-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Morning ladies! I need some advice!

I am still 3 lbs up from my lowest. My plan was to start phase 3 tomorrow. I'm kinda bummed because I was hoping to be lower than I am. Should I continue with my planned phase off and then be super careful in P3 and maintenance and hopefully I'll be a lucky one that can keep losing? Or should I stick with P1/2 for another week or two?
My concern about sticking with P1/2 is that I feel like I've hit that wall where I'm sabotaging myself and I'm not sure I have the strength to stick to P1 100% for another week or two... I don't want to waste more money and time if I'm not going to stick to it... that being said, the next 10 days I have no big events, so maybe now's the perfect time to buckle down for 10 days?

Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation? I'm going to make an appt with my coach either tonight or tomorrow and get her thoughts...

If you really want to lose those last few, I would stick it out 10 more days. That way you can easily lose the weight. Once on phase 3, it is usually harder to lose. It was for me anyway...you may be different. Congrats on getting there!!!

FitGirl2014
04-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Well, I'm back. I'm going to make it all the way this time. I lost 40 pounds last year, only to put it all back on within a few months due to my poor eating habits. It's very fustrating to me. I feel like I'm living a bad dream...I even have anxiety attacks. I started on April 4th of this month again...only to fall off the wagon last week & of course regained all 11 pounds back.

Well that's enough...now is the time. I'm just hoping that my losses will be similar to last time. Time will tell. From April 4 - 17th I did lose 11 pounds & 12 inches...which was similar to how I started last year.

My bad time of day is around 3 - 4 p.m. Any ideas on how to make it past this time? I normally have 2 egg whites so that I can save my last packet before bedtime. Maybe a slow walk before having those egg whites will help me reframe. I'm scared to go back to see my coach this week. Tail will definately be between my legs, again.

So all...kick me in the rear...I'm going to do this!! Thank you for listening!

Momto2cs
04-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Fit girl-I would add an extra packet temporarily for the afternoon hungries. Once you get back into the groove you can reconsider if you need it still.

Eat extra salad at lunch. Make sure to have some oil on it. Fat keeps you satiated longer.

Drink lots of water and green tea.

Knm-it you can get those last 10 day on phase 1 you should. But, since loses are always slow at the end you need to realize the scale may not change.

You definitely could still lose is p3 and maintenance, but it will require really tracking your food intake to see how much you can add.

Anne

FitGirl2014
04-24-2013, 12:34 AM
Fit girl-I would add an extra packet temporarily for the afternoon hungries. Once you get back into the groove you can reconsider if you need it still.

Eat extra salad at lunch. Make sure to have some oil on it. Fat keeps you satiated longer.

Drink lots of water and green tea.

Knm-it you can get those last 10 day on phase 1 you should. But, since loses are always slow at the end you need to realize the scale may not change.

You definitely could still lose is p3 and maintenance, but it will require really tracking your food intake to see how much you can add.

Anne

Thanks!! How is precision nutrition going for you?

capricious
04-24-2013, 01:57 AM
Well rebooters... Thank you all for the smiles you put on my face with your posts... It is comforting to know that there are others in my predicament and we can walk the path together. We can do this :). I hear so frequently that if I could do it once I can do it again. And ain't that the truth. It's obviously not impossible or I never would have achieved it in the first place.
Had a long talk with my coach today about emotions and addictions. I know that I'm an emotional eater.. Stress, boredom are my one, two willpower slayers. My coach stressed that I need to let myself feel the emotions rather than eating them and I need to find a different outlet for them. Obviously writing on here helps because I can get it out... So thanks all for being here... Such a great support system and very, very thankful I found it...
Sara- I really do admire your overcoming your emotions and staying true to yourself and your goal. And I feel blessed to be walking this path with you... We've got this and when we get back to maintenance it will be with a much a clearer picture of who we are. Because this diet does test one's mettle but the thing is once you're tested and you hold true you do start to realize that you even have mettle (cause, hey, that can be pretty darn easy to forget ;))...
Ferrousgal- a big congrats on the 4.6! That's a big step in the right direction. In reading the daily boards I was reminded of this 'we are only eating 800 calories a day, our bodies really have no choice but to lose'. And it's true. It might not happen for a week or two and then a whoosh will come. But come it will.
The bigger focus is the details... Making sure that it stays in that 800 cal range and not getting side tracked with a bar binge. This has been my fight the past couple days as well... Not giving into the yearning for an 'extra bite' of bar. First time around I didn't let myself have a bar til the third week in because ai didn't trust myself with them... Seriously contemplating adopting that routine again if they keep giving me the troubles they have for the past couple days.
Fitgirl- Welcome Back! Post often... It really is a mental saving grace as I'm sure you know... And try not to get too caught up in having gained... I'm just now finally getting to the point where I'm calling bygones with myself on that one and getting on with this whole process. My coach said it's pretty evident that my experience with the process was not complete or I wouldn't have gained. Just have more to learn. And that's okay. We can do it together :hug:
Oh, and my hungriest time of the day is also at the 3 pm mark. It's when I have my restricted... I've done it that way since the beginning...

Roo2
04-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Morning Ladies - hope that this will a glorious day for all of us!

The birds are chirping outside my window, and DH said he saw a nest with Mama bird perched in it...so wonderful to see signs in the world that life does go on and to enjoy the simple things of beauty that we all seem to take for granted at times. I know Spring is on it's way ....just wish it would finally come and stay by us !!!! Cuz I sure have missed the smell of fragrant flowers and the budding trees and bushes ....can not wait to see my Red Bud bloom!

I feel I have come out of my hibernation ...jump on the scale ....
My weight today. Is. Wait for it....
:D :carrot:105.8 LBS:carrot::D

These last few pounds have been like a slugfest for me ...But I am still standing
need a TShirt with the Caption. Body By IP
My Tough Mudder Coach set the standard
For me to follow ....she has been instrumental at pacing
Me through this whole journey. She inspired me to
Dream big and gave me a plan to Achieve it!

I will take more than just weight loss from this experience ...I know if I have faith and do the work the possibilities are endless!
Good Luck to us all as we strive to reach whatever goals we set for ourselves:hug:

capricious
04-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Wow!!! Congrats Roo:cp::hat::dancer::cb::woohoo::cheer3::cheer2:
That is freaking awesome!!
You have done so very well... and thank you for sharing the victory... it is so encouraging when one reaches their goal... and provides such inspiration to those of us who are chasing our own goals!
What a fabulous way to kick off a Wednesday... knowing and seeing it can be done :D

FitGirl2014
04-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Congratulations Roo!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: You have done amazingly well! Like Cap said, thanks so much for sharing your victory with us. What an inspiration you are to us!

Cap- Thanks for your earlier post. I really do relate well to everthing that you said. Even in an earlier post where you mentioned that when eating the unhealthy foods that they don't taste good anymore. Today I am changing my mindset. I ran across a quote yesterday..."To change your life, you have to change yourself; to change yourself, you must change your mindset." We've done this once, we can & will do this again! :hug:

Momto2cs
04-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Precision nutrition is amazing. I am eating more than I have for a while and seeing good results of my workouts.

The habits and lessons are slowly introduced, so people don't see big changes right away, but by the end of the year I will have had an opportunity to understand my body and mind and how they fit together.

One day there was a good lesson on emotional eaters. Our coach wanted us to rethink this...you recognize that when you are stressed or upset you eat, not because you are hungry, but for comfort. If you can recognize this in yourself than you can take control of your actions and acknowledge that food is not what you need, but comfort or love, etc. by recognizing this you have a better change to change your behaviors.

ferrousgal
04-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Great job, Roo, that's amazing.

I'm still thinking about the lovely taco lettuce wraps I had for dinner last night. So ridiculously good and filling too. I only do that once a week as the rest of the fam would probably protest at getting tacos multiple nights. Wish I could have that more often!

Down a pound today when I stepped on the scale (I'm coachless, 100% alternative, and weigh everyday but only record it for the week mark) so that was nice. I decided since I'm probably not getting nearly enough water that I'd start chugging a bunch last night while watching tv. Coincidence? LOL.

LexiChanel1
04-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Hi Ladies,

I hope ypu are all doing well. Maintenance is going well for me, I eat around 1500 calories a day and exercise. I am not following the IP rules, oh well. I am maintaining within a pound. I am happy with that right now. I have not done a cheat day at all though. I am having allot of issues with my hair. I am really frustrated with it, I lose allot on IP and its thinned near the hairline:( I am pretty sad about it.

SaraBean
04-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Lexi- maybe you should start taking biotin vitamins? My mom has been having issues with thinning hair and it really has helped. Glad to hear you are maintaining within a pound! that is awesome!!!!

kellycg102
04-24-2013, 04:20 PM
Hi everyone, checked out for awhile busy working and coaching IP now. I am doing P1 again to lose about 15 although I had a slip up last week....Monday night and continued to Tuesday.......still showed on my weigh in day this past Monday............so pisses me off that I let food get to me that way. I just couldn't shake it!!!!!!!! Finally feeling better, I always go thru the very cranky moodies...coming down off of sugar.....that ticks me off too lol. Luckily for my hubby and kids it has past.........it did last a little longer this time tho. I have 3 clients that I am coaching P1 with. It is fun to help them learn the protocol and see the results. Good luck everyone on staying on track. The 2nd, 3rd, 5th time around is not easy, but we can do it!

Roo2
04-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Hi Ladies thank you for all your kind words.

Sometimes I think it's just about keeping yourself moving forward ...even when you feel like your feet are in concrete and your dragging them along.

Hey Lexi glad that you are doing well.
I agree with SaraBean about the Vitamins- I take a boat load of Vitamins due to a Malabsorption problem ...soo I was on these prior to starting IP....but what I read any quick weight loss program can cause you to lose hair ....not just IP.
And I would be a likely candidate for it with all my issues...and I have been on IP since the end of June 2012.
Here is what I take ...of course the IP Vitamins, B12,Omega with Krill oil,COQ10,VItamin D 5000U, B100,Biotin 1000mcg,Vitamin E 400iu, Vitamin C 500,ASA 325 mg enteric coated. Again this is a lot but I have had levels drawn
On vitamin levels and there was a time I had to take B12 injections because of fatigue and low resistance. Also I drink the Collagen drink from IP.
I also which is very important try to keep myself in a non stressed out zone... To keep as healthy as possible ..just went thru some surgery and had lost quite a bit of blood ....so I know. by H&H has dropped,since I received my lab results.
I hope you find this helpful .....feel free to contact me:hug:
Good Luck ,and it sounds like you have hit on a plan that works for you:hug:

Momto2cs
04-24-2013, 05:00 PM
The biotin helped me. Can you see lots of baby hair re growth? It will all come back. Mine did.

LexiChanel1
04-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Mom, my hair just looks really bad!!!! So grosse and thin:(

capricious
04-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Ditto here on the hair loss. I lost a TON of it after I reached goal. It was coming out in clumps. Veddy Veddy Scary! Went for thyroid testing at the recommendation of my hair dresser (who said this is absolutely not a normal amount of hair to be coming out on her brush and hands). Everything came back A- ok. Just had thin hair and losing more. Yikes. And now 2 years later I have about a billion baby hairs sticking straight up all over my hairline. Really noticed them today they were not going to obey me no matter what I did to them. Hopefully it will be the same for you Lexi.

Congrats Ferrous on another pound! It is always so nice when the scale decides to be kind! I'm finally just now figuring out how to make sure that I'm having at least my allotted amount of water... cutting 8 lemon slices in the morning and using them throughout the day...

Mom2cs- my curiosity is so piqued by your thoughts of PN...

LexiChanel1
04-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Thannks Capri. My hair just looks bad, ruins my overall look allot. I have pretty hair normally....Its depressing to see it like this:(

SaraBean
04-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Lexi- I'm sorry you are feeling down about your hair.... but you are still beautiful! Plus I bet you notice it more than most people. Hang in there.
My mom also started using volumizing shampoo and conditioner which made it look fuller.

:hug:

SaraBean
04-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Mom- I too am very intrigued by Precision nutrition!

LexiChanel1
04-25-2013, 04:00 PM
yes, i have been taking biotin and omegas, no improvement. Thanks:)

knm
04-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Lexi, sorry to hear about the hair loss. At least you're skinny though ;)

I've decided to stick P1/2 out a bit longer. I'll see how tomorrow goes and may jump on to P3 on Saturday if I start to lose my way. I read on the Maintainers thread about a sustainable maintenance weight, and maybe I just have to come to the acceptance that that is 125 lbs for me. Sure I could get down to 120 if I tried super super hard, but I probably can't maintain at that weight. I'm only 5'1 though, so when I see people like Lexi & Roo down below 110 lbs at a similar height, I figure I should be able to get below 120 easily, but I just don't seem to be in the right mindset lately to push myself enough to get there... I'll give it a go the next few days, and see how I feel then.

LexiChanel1
04-25-2013, 06:07 PM
KNM,

It was really hard to get to 107. I am not one to lie. I struggled allot mentally, had allot of cheats and setbacks. Im a straight shooter. I suffered allot emotionally and mentally, I was very fatigued and weak. I swore to never do phase 1 again, meaning never get into ketosis....its just not for me. I have not had a free day because I do not want to do a phase 1 day. I also came off having a baby, totally different situaton and I am an inch shorter than you and very top heavy, big tummy and big boobs, I am a DD at 5 foot.
Phase 1 was no cake walk for me it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life thus far, no lie.

MaMaZu
04-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Okay, I just have to share this here. Such a great reminder as we go down this path together.

You Are More Beautiful Than You Think!
http://youtu.be/XpaOjMXyJGk

SaraBean
04-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Ok guys... I must come clean.... I totally lost control on Tuesday night. Went out after one of my fellow coworkers defended his pHD dissertation. Tried to stay OP & ordered a water with lemon. Then I gave in. Told myself I was going to have just one beer. That one beer turned into 5 and I also had sweet potato fries and half of a sandwich on white bread!!! :o YIKES!!!! So anyway, so much for P1. Three weeks of hard work. only about 2 lbs down and I totally kicked myself out of ketosis.

I just don't know what do now. I have gone back to eating P1 for the last two days, but am starting to think that I just don't want to do this anymore. I am not getting the results I want and it is so hard. It' a battle in my mind. Go back to P1 for another month? or stay P1 for a few more days and phase off properly. I feel like all these reboots are screwing up my metabolism.... but I am also not at the weight that I want. UGH!

What do you all think?

:?:

swerdna59
04-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Hi, I do not know you SaraBean but (((hugs)))...I feel so much like you.

I have found it just so incredibly hard to stick to a lo-carb eating plan which is, I think, what I will have to do if I want to be where I hit "goal."

I must confess that I did this mostly on my own, through alternatives but consulted the IP Phase protocol sheets. Plus I cannot tolerate WF products or too many things like Pure Protein bars...the sugar alcohols do not agree with me AT ALL...yuk.

I was able to maintain my loss for 6 months or so I guess and then it has seemed like it has been super hard.

But, this time of year is always hard for me when I look back.

So this weekend we have plans to go to the circus with our daughter and grandson...and he told me I HAVE to try cotton candy...LOL...so sweet, he is as is the cotton candy and then we are spending Saturday with our my brother and sister-in-law and I know we are grilling out and having munchies and drinks.

Hmmm...I know I am going to indulge and I am okay with that.

What I am trying to decide is was my "goal" weight too low...kind of wondering about that after reading some posts about it.

Or, am I just being "lazy" and not wanting to "work the program"?

Also...I ran 2 miles this morning so not thinking I am lazy...today I have had my spinach protein smoothie, some turkey and grilled asparagus to eat and that's it...so far at least...LOL.

Trying to do some serious thinking about it all...thing is the clothes I bought at goal still fit, but are tight...so do I "cave" and just buy a size up or try to get back down to where my current wardrobe feels good?

Not sure.

Also getting weary of thinking about this so much.

Love the reboot thread.

Roo2
04-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Hi Ladies wishing everyone much success as we move forward in maintenance...everyone has to make adjustments trying to figure out what works for us.
MaMaZu ..I checked out that link ...very eye opening...seeing how others view us vs ourselves! It is true that we judge ourselves much harsher than we ever would anyone else!,maybe we need to give ourselves internal hugs to show we care about us...and tell ourselves ...what truly makes us special and unique and how much we appreciate all the hard work we have done:hug:

Embrace the fact how far you have come and take pride in your progress:D

One Man's Ceiling is another man's floor...as the song goes:carrot:

Appreciate your progress and do not downplay it by comparing it to someone else:D
Good luck to us all as we strive toward our desired goals,Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Momto2cs
04-25-2013, 08:41 PM
Sara
Life must go on. The restrictiveness of phase 1 can cause small issues to become major binges. Please don't beat yourself up.

Ketosis is not required for weight loss. It is not the end all and be all for fat loss.

LexiChanel1
04-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Sara, phase off. I would. Try ww type diet.

ferrousgal
04-26-2013, 12:03 PM
sarabean, I can sympathize. I woke up this morning right back at the weight I was when I ended last week. No more 1.5lb loss on my home scale. I'd like to think it's just because my sleep last night got so messed up because it was going to only be 6 hours and then got broken twice. I'm so ticked off about that because I feel like there is absolutely NOTHING I can do about the sleep issues and sleep is so incredibly important to achieving weight loss. So as I look at the streudels and muffins and donuts a coworker left sitting 2 feet away from my desk, it's so tempting to say "life is too short" and just grab one... or two... or five. Ugh. So I feel ya.

I'm so ticked off because I've been low 180s several times this year already. So why if I'm eating according to plan, even making a conscious effort to drink more water and 100% eliminate the aspartame sodas and cut my SF chocolate consumption down to 1 piece a day, am I not at minimum very quickly getting back to within a couple pounds of where I've been already multiple times throughout January, February, and March?! I am not ready to accept that I should just be 180-190 lbs and just be happy with that forever. I'm only 5'4"! Anything over 175 is still clinically obese!!!

GRRRR. Sorry to be Debbie Downer.

My best suggestion for sarabean (and myself) is to just keep coming here for support. It's the one big thing I didn't do before when trying and then stopping previously this year and I really think having people to talk to who understand the struggles helps the resolve.

LexiChanel1
04-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Sara, be brave you are stong:) You run evryday, long distances, that takes allot....Use the strength from running to give you the edge you need. You will come out on the finish line. I am not good everyday, but its all about calories, so if I have an 800 calorie linch, I cut back the rest of the day. I personally dont have to be in ketosis to lose. I dont ever want to be on ketosis again, I even eat extra carbs on purpose to avoid getting back there, thats just me though. Try to eat half of what you want to eat, that always works for me. If you really want a jimmy johns, eat half. you know what I mean?

SaraBean
04-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks everyone! I think you are all right. I am done with p1. I will continue to workout and hopefully be able to lose. I feel like my body just won't let go of weight right now. Before this reboot I was working out, running, etc. and wasn't losing so I thought I would give P1 a shot again, but even 3 weeks of strict P1 I still wasn't losing. Oh well. My time will come. going to take Roo's and Mom's advice and not stress, take Lexi's advice and try to watch calories, and take ferrous' advice and continue to come here for support.

You all have made me feel like I have a family here and I truly appreciate it!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I will let you know how everything continues to go... and also how my 10 mile race in Newport goes on Sunday!!

:grouphug:

SaraBean
04-26-2013, 03:37 PM
swerdna59- hang in there!!! and enjoy the circus!!!

LexiChanel1
04-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Sara, be strong, and you will do great. Congrats on where you are in life, you are an amazing woman. Good Luck Sunday, you dont need it:)

LexiChanel1
04-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Hi ladies!

ferrousgal
04-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Hope everyone's having a good weekend. I felt much happier when I stepped on the scale this morning. Just really needed sleep. Friday and Saturday ticked me off, ended up getting some Ketostix Friday to test and make sure I really am indicative of being in ketosis and everything has been looking solid that way which helped reassure me. I just hate being lost without some sort of data to tell me I'm on the right track. LOL.

Had a good dinner of beef with broccoli. I use thin sliced steak with fat cut off, broccoli, shitaki and crimini mushrooms, sliced radishes (they're like water chestnuts when cooked), fresh garlic cloves, and stir fry it all up in coconut oil and soy sauce. YUM.

SaraBean
04-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Ferrous- glad you are feeling more positive! and your dinner sounds delicious!

I had a great Sunday! My race went great! 10 miles in 1:41:08 (a 10 minute mile pace!!!) It was beautiful weather and the course went along Ocean Drive in Newport and past all the mansions!.... absolutely beautiful!

Here is to a great week! I have decided to not go back to P1. Going to use myfitnesspal and continue to workout and see what happens. I have gained about a lb, but I think it is mostly water weight / bloating... (hopefully!) A friend of mine wants me to start going to boxing classes with her. I'm excited to try something different. Think I will cut back on the running for a bit and try some different workouts!

eandc2006
04-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Hello IP friends! This morning I made the dreaded decision to go back on Phase 1 for a week and loose (hopefully) 5 lbs. I have been maintaining since December and range on any given day 135-137. Anyhow, the scale tipped 141 this morning and I knew that it was time to get real before things potentially got out of control. I am very close to TOM and last month I gained 5 lbs before and was back down after but my clothes feel tighter. Anyone else feel like their clothes are tighter too before TOM? I lost 30lbs with IP and have so enjoyed wearing my old clothes and shopping for new ones...which I hated to do before the loss. I, like many others, struggled mentally with phase 1 and felt awful most days...super anxious, depressed, and overwhelmed so the thought of going at it again makes me nervous in anticipation. However, I know the feeling of success is a great motivator and support on here is key. I am trying to frame my focus and set my intent to be positive which probably means that I will have to look after myself and notice my limits (perhaps not going out with friends for a few days until I solid, heading to bed early, etc). It will also probably mean Looking forward to spending some extra time with everyone on here this next week...or two if necessary :). Here's to having a great week!

LexiChanel1
04-29-2013, 11:51 AM
hi Ladies,
Congrats Sara, that sounds so awesome!!!! I am glad you are not going back to P1. I had an all out cheat weekend, so I will be watching what I eat Monday thru Saturday. I will not do P1. I am not going to weigh myself, I am sure I am up 3-4, oh well, I know I will lose it if I exercise and watch all week.

capricious
04-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Hello all...
Sara after your post last week... it kind of reinforced what had been going through my own head. I really really feel like I need moderation over restriction. Very excited to return to exercise this week as well. I've missed the endorphin boost.

SaraBean
04-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Hello ladies. I am starting to wondering if I made the right choice!!! I got on the scale today and was 142.3lbs! yikers!!

I am NOT going to get back on the scale for at least a week and a half and am going to focus on eating in moderation, exercising more, and staying away from the wine! LOL!

Lexi- I hope that I can lose 3-4 lbs like you are hoping to do! I know we are all different and our bodies are different, but can you remind me what you do during your workouts? I feel like whatever is not working as well as it should. I mostly run perhaps my body is just getting too used to it. I think I definitely need to add in some weights.

In the meantime... I am just going to take it day by day.

:shrug:

LexiChanel1
04-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Sara,

I am already doen 2. phew. I think running makes me really hungry, maybe thats just me though. I walk an incline every morning, or do 40 minutes of stair climbing. I also lift weights most days. I would say for 30-45 minutes. I do all bodyparts some days, but I also just focus on arms or legs on others. Circuits work better for fat burning. I think you should try eating all your carbs before 2pm, and eat allot of protein whether it be meat or shakes. Drink lots of water, let me know how that goes. ps. dont eat real sugar.

LexiChanel1
05-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Sara, eat one banana in the morning no carbs after 2. I only have oatmeal and fruit in the morning and no more carbs. Ill have a protein bar if I'm dying. Otherwise I don't have them. I'm a coffee person so if rather have a bad coffee than fruit or bread. I hope you are doing well. I'm down 2 lbs still 2 more to go:)

SaraBean
05-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Thanks Lexi!! I am sure the last 2lbs are going to be gone in no time!!! I am also a coffee person. LOVE IT! :coffee2: Circuit workouts sound like a good plan too. I have one that my trainer wrote out for me from a few years ago. I still have it on a note card. I pulled it out last night and am going to start doing it 3 times a week. Lots of squats, rows, push ups, and other strength training exercises with cardio mixed in too.

I have decide the May is my month to shine. I am a person that needs structure so I decided to make up a May workout calender. This way it will hold me accountable. Its also fun to put a cross through each day once its over. I am pretty good when it comes to cardio, but I never stay consistent with my strength training. Going to really to to focus on that. I want to have nice sexy arms for the summer season! LOL.

Here is to a GREAT Thursday everyone!!

ferrousgal
05-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Is the week over yet? I've gotten sick with a cold, both kids are sick and hubby too, one of my cats died overnight Tuesday a few days after I bought her a pet license for the 1st time ever to make her legal, I'm having issues with the kids' health insurer because we might have to take the youngest in as she's prone to asthmatic issues when sick, and I generally feel like just seeking comfort in food and my bed and waiting for the rest of the week to go away. (I've been good on the food front.)

Anyone want to join my pity party? Grrrrr.

SaraBean
05-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Hang in there Ferrous! At least its Friday! I hope you will find some time to relax this weekend.

Momto2cs
05-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Yikes. My daughters 8th birthday party just done and sons i10th is tomorrow. Big glass of wine in hand!

The precision nutrition program continues to go well. Anyone wondering should sign up for the 5 day free videos. They convinced me to join. If I could figure out posting my progress pics here I would.

I love that ip is quick, but pn deals eith how and why to eat for life. I am much more satisfied than my past 2 years of maintaining. And I look better.

Sara-forget running and get into the gym lifting weights. I am seeing shocking improvements forgoing my spin/Zumba/bootcamp for a nice 45 minute full body workout. Amazing.

Anne

LexiChanel1
05-04-2013, 01:09 AM
Weight lifting all the way. My body is starting to really shape up. I will have abs by summer:)

Momto2cs
05-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Cap
I like your goal. Weight is so subjective.
At 5'8" and 145-150 pounds I can wear a lululemon 6 in pretty much everything. Except things with skinny legs as mine are stocky and muscular! Sadly, there is no way to fix that!
At 30 I was the same clothes size and under 135.

The scale is just a number!

FitGirl2014
05-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Yikes. My daughters 8th birthday party just done and sons i10th is tomorrow. Big glass of wine in hand!

The precision nutrition program continues to go well. Anyone wondering should sign up for the 5 day free videos. They convinced me to join. If I could figure out posting my progress pics here I would.

I love that ip is quick, but pn deals eith how and why to eat for life. I am much more satisfied than my past 2 years of maintaining. And I look better.

Sara-forget running and get into the gym lifting weights. I am seeing shocking improvements forgoing my spin/Zumba/bootcamp for a nice 45 minute full body workout. Amazing.

Anne

Thanks for sharing precision nutrition with us! Are you taking part in their lean eating coaching? I have 40 lbs to lose, again. Do you think that I can stay on IP for a couple of months to "jump start" my loss, then switch to Pn mid July?

ferrousgal
05-06-2013, 09:32 AM
After a really rough week with loads of stress, somehow I managed to not only pull off a 4.5 lb loss, but I broke into the 170s for the first time on this diet. I think the last time I weighed 179 was probably around 7 years ago. I'm extremely hopeful that I've managed to break off the plateau. My strategy is simple this time around. Try to drink more water and only allow myself 1 little SF chocolate treat a day. I used to scarf those treats during the other reboots and was doing that this time too, but when I read about how there've been studies on sugar alcohol and how the body only ignores generally 50%, then I started looking closer at my package labels and figured I'd better knock it off if I want to get some serious weight loss going again. Seems to be a really good plan so far! *fingers crossed*

:carrot:

SaraBean
05-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Hello all!!! I started my circuit training this weekend!

Lexi and Mom- thanks for the advice!!!

Mom- pn sounds pretty interesting I am definitely going to check it out.

Ferrous- congrats on getting into the 170s!!!!

Here's to a great week everyone!

SaraBean
05-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Hehe. Maybe I am a dork but I am so excited about my day at the gym I had to share it :-) I called an old gym buddy of mine last night and decided to join her this morning. We started with a short (15min) run and then she walked me through one of her circuits :) man... It was great to switch my routine up! We did ball slams, burpies, ropes, sitting ups while passing a 10lb medicine ball to one another, leg lifts, squats, and jumps.

I forgot what it feels like to do interval training!!! We did each move for 30secs and did 4 sets. I was exhausted after!

I can't wait to go back and do it again!!! Plus she is going to show me her full body weight routines too. I am super excited.

Momto2cs
05-08-2013, 12:35 AM
Sara that sounds fantastic. It is so great to have a gym friend. I wish you lived in fort mcmurray!

LexiChanel1
05-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi ladies,
Sara you look great in your pic!
I have had a really bad week. I started a new job at a new law firm last week. It's a much more conservative workplace than I am used to. I'm having a tough time adjusting, I actually pretty much hate it. I feel like I'm on prison:( I also sit allot and people do not take a lunch so I sit all day:( I'm a little depressed, I've gained 4 lbs. don't know how to lose it with all this stress. I kinda want to quit but can't afford to stay home. Life has taken a downturn for me. I loved my previous job, but my contact ended in April:( I will pull myself out of this funk somehow. Xoxo

SaraBean
05-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Awwwww Lexi. I am sorry you are having a tough time. It sounds like your new job is pretty stuffy. YUCK! :halfempty Hopefuly it will be get better as time goes on and you get more adjusted to it.

And why don't people take lunches? Too busy? or do they just eat at their desks? That seems depressing.... Can you still take a lunch break? Maybe you should make a nice playlist and take walks during your lunch break just so you can get some sunshine and get out of the prison!!!

It stinks feeling depressed. Don't worry and just know that the way you feel is temporary. It will get better I promise. and don't worry about the 4 lbs either. Everything is going to settle down for you. In the meantime try to just hang in there!!!.

sending you hugs! and positive vibes!

:hug:

ferrousgal
05-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Hope the week gets better for you, Lexi.

LexiChanel1
05-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Thx! Really bad week:(

LexiChanel1
05-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Hi ladies, I want to lose the 5 lbs I've gained without going into ketosis. We are going away for Memorial Day so I will be in a bathing suit:( can I do phase 1 days and regular diet like a ww day alternating? Has anyone tried that? I don't want to have to phase off of ip again that really sucked. what if I do phase 1 for a week and phase off for a week? I didn't want to do phase 3 for two weeks. That's just not fun. Help:)

SaraBean
05-10-2013, 01:15 PM
I wish I could help you, Lexi!! I myself and still trying to find a way to lose 5lbs (or even 10lbs) without strick IP. If anyone has the answer I would love to know!!!

It does seem like in the past you have had a pretty easy time losing weight (like during your short reboot) so I bet your plan will definitely have positive results!!!

cbl70
05-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Lexi, I'd be interested in how to do a quick reboot too. I'm only 1 lb above my comfort range but it feels like it could stick around if I don't take care of it.

LexiChanel1
05-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Sara,
I'm good on strict phase 1. I'm terrible at phasing off and following maintenance rules. I've been doing ok until the last 10 days. I've been under enormous stress;( soooo I've gained 5 to 7 which feels like 20 on a lil person:(. I am going to try this for a few days and update you guys next week. Ill go to strict phase 1 for a week if I don't succeed.

LexiChanel1
05-10-2013, 11:55 PM
I did phase 1 today, I feel good. I will modify phase 1 for tomorrow maybe eat a piece of toast, and I will do phase 1 on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Ill keep you updated:)

Momto2cs
05-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Lexi
How about going to a low carb but higher fat diet? It really works for me.

patns
05-11-2013, 12:58 AM
Lexi
How about going to a low carb but higher fat diet? It really works for me.

That is interesting. That is what is recommended in ]The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living for maintenance. The authors say it is impossible to stay low cal, low fat, low carb for the long term. The body rebels and holds onto whatever it gets. They say the key to low term success is to up the good fats. That is actually what I found when stalling on phase 1. The usual advice is to cut the carbs even further but the stalls were always when I wasn't getting the fat in.

Momto2cs
05-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Pat. I do completely agree.

swerdna59
05-12-2013, 03:11 PM
The struggle to maintain/lose continues...sigh. My plan is to start incorporating some other foods into my eating like Greek yogurt and cheese and see how that goes and get back into more regular exercising. Just been lazy and sloppy and time to get back on track.

ferrousgal
05-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Hope everyone had a great Mothers Day. Mine was good except for the dinner that I'd been looking forward to for weeks.

((rant starting))

So we go to a Mongolian Grill, the same exact one as last year's Mothers Day. I pick this because I can control every single bit of what is going to be cooked up and put on my plate... or so I thought. I have a bowl for myself and a bowl for my youngest child who loves noodles. I have hers piled high with noodles, add oyster sauce and the chef sauce (both have sugar so I don't use them in my bowl) and I throw on some pineapple which obvs won't be in my bowl either. And I didn't have the bowls right next to each other, I placed hers like a good foot or so away from mine to show that they are for two different plates. So what happens? The cook grabs hers, pours it on the grill, grabs mine, pours it right over hers and stirs it all TOGETHER! I was just stunned and making frowny faces at my husband on the other side of the grilling pit. Not to mention I'd put jalapenos in mine and a little chili oil and neither of my little girls can really handle foods with heat. ARGH!

Needless to say, I did not leave a tip for the cook which I pretty much always do at those places. AND the guy looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for a second plate and indicated the small child that had been standing faithfully at my side the whole time.

I didn't make a fuss, insist on a do over, anything like that. I think the bar was just too tall for him to see the child next to me. But I'm still seething about this because I had to spend the entire meal tediously picking noodles and pineapple chunks out so I could eat the stuff I'd designed into my own meal.

((rant over))

Thanks for humoring me if you got through that. It just put a black cloud on a day I'd been looking forward to for weeks.

CarrieSue773377
05-12-2013, 11:39 PM
I gained about 25 pounds this past year and am starting ideal protein for the second time tomorrow. I feel so ashamed and emberassed and just disappointed in myself :( . I don't know how I could let this happen. Hopefully the support here makes things easier for me.

ferrousgal
05-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Welcome aboard, Carrie. :D

Enjoying Starbucks in my morning shake for the 1st time in eons. Mmmmm. The Sunday paper had coupons for the Via packets and I grabbed a few from the dollar store and promptly went over to the store to purchase two packs and save the rest of the coupons for when I see the ultimate possible good deal. It's so much better than Tasters Choice in my morning shake, it's just a wonderful way to start my Monday. Especially since I'm at zero loss for all my work last week. No whoosh fairy, I guess.

bubbleblower
05-13-2013, 09:16 AM
I didn't make a fuss, insist on a do over, anything like that. I think the bar was just too tall for him to see the child next to me. But I'm still seething about this because I had to spend the entire meal tediously picking noodles and pineapple chunks out so I could eat the stuff I'd designed into my own meal.

((rant over))

Thanks for humoring me if you got through that. It just put a black cloud on a day I'd been looking forward to for weeks.

I've learned to stand my ground when I am served something other than what I order or ask for. It sounds like you had to make pretty significant compromises for both you and your child and neither of you got what you wanted. I treat my food choices as just as important to me as staying away from certain foods by folks who are allergic to them would be. For instance, what would you have done if peanuts had been included in the dish of a child who had an allergy? Given that it was to be a special meal, I think I would have been particularly insistent on getting what I wanted.

dawn again
05-13-2013, 12:13 PM
I would have been bummed out about that too ferrousgal. It took me a LONG time to go out to eat and tell them what I specifically wanted. Felt embarrassed or something wacko like I was being picky. LOL But really, we ARE paying for it. I would have probably asked for a do over now. Early on, not sure.
Hope you had a good Mother's Day anyway :)

CarrieSue773377
05-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Day 1 of getting all this weight back off starts... Wish me luck.

coffeebean
05-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Day 1 of my reboot. I can do this. I actually feel so much better when I am on this diet. I have so much more energy.

LexiChanel1
05-13-2013, 10:03 PM
I decided to do a week of dreaded phase 1, :(

CarrieSue773377
05-13-2013, 11:56 PM
I forgot two packets at home when I was at work. I could have sworn I packed enough packets... So day 1 didn't go as planned so I guess tomorrow will be my official day one!! Best of luck to everyone else! We're in this together :)

LexiChanel1
05-14-2013, 12:17 AM
I had an Atkins bar today, forgot my ip bars and that's All I found

CarrieSue773377
05-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Official day 1 today. How's everyone else doing?

LexiChanel1
05-14-2013, 12:20 PM
I am going to be strict starting tomorrow for about 10 days to get 5 lbs off.

ferrousgal
05-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Muddling through... I have this ongoing hip and leg pain for the past 5 days that is not fun at all.

Would really like to get off this darned plateau. I don't have hope this will be a productive week either. LOL.

SaraBean
05-14-2013, 01:54 PM
I also am pretty doubtful that I my week will be productive ferrousgal.

Lexi- I am pretty much following P1 again too this week. I am getting so frustrated. How is the new job going?

coffeebean
05-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Day 2 of reboot. Everyone have an 100% OP day.

knm
05-14-2013, 05:02 PM
For those of you who have phased off and picked up intense exercise, how do you incorporate that when you go back to phase one for more than a day or two? Just an extra packet like before or do you add something else?

CarrieSue773377
05-14-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm finding it so much harder this time around guys.. What are you guys doing to stay focused and OP?

SaraBean
05-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Kmn- I tried to stay just on strict phase1 even while exercising. It took a few days to get used to it, and I think it totally stalled my weight loss. I would have an extra packet if I was really dragging. Someone else mentioned mtc oil. It is supposed to help before workouts.

Momto2cs
05-14-2013, 10:20 PM
I like the mct oil.use caution. Start slow. Otherwise it can give you the runs. Badly.

LexiChanel1
05-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Sara, I am ok, surviving at best. I am not happy at this law firm:( that's life

CarrieSue773377
05-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Wishing everyone a successful day today !

LexiChanel1
05-15-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm doing strict phase 1 today, I'm gonna go until may 27th. So far so good, really need to get back on track, before I gain 10 lbs:(

CarrieSue773377
05-15-2013, 10:54 PM
How was everyone's day?

LexiChanel1
05-16-2013, 09:53 AM
I am doing pretty well in phase 1, I'm down 2 lbs so far, 3 more to go:)

Momto2cs
05-16-2013, 01:58 PM
That's great Lexi.
I have gone back and forth with phase 1 for a long time. I call it carb cycling!

Now I am pretty much on normal food. If I have protein and veggies for every meal, with some fat, I continue to maintain with no issues.

I do incorporate a small amount of fruit (berries) and definitely use the occasional veggies whenever I want.

I like phase 1, but got tired of buying the food every week.

My normal day is

2 eggs, 1/2 cup veggies, 1 oz cheese, sometimes berries

3 oz meat, 1 c veggies and a large salad with 1/4 avocado and oil n vinegar

1/2 c cottage cheese (2%) 1 cup raw veggies n dip

4 or 5 oz meat 2 cups veggies, occasional carb like chick peas or barley, but not too much (handful) particularly post work out

This allows for occasional treat meal with minor scale ups and downs.

Continuous trial and error.

LexiChanel1
05-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Mom, your eating plan looks really great!!! Thanks so much for sharing it:)

ferrousgal
05-17-2013, 09:48 AM
"Continuous trial and error" is a very apt description!

I decided after seeing no progress whatsoever scale-wise despite being what I thought was ok, that maybe I'd better do some food journaling for the 1st time on the IP (alternative) diet. LOL. Well, good thing I did. I was getting in WAY WAY too many carbs and fat for sure. Did not realize that at all. Oops. Like twice as much daily recommended for Phase 1 on both. Eek. Ack. Ooph.

Yesterday was my first day since journaling that I'd call 8.5 out of 10. Carbs were still 15g (net) above where I want them, other than that, stellar on the fat consumption and protein right on target at 79g for the day. Fiber spot on for daily rec (for my size) at 15g. I will get this plateau licked, I am determined.

The only thing I might be a little deficient on is overall calories. Getting the carb/fat/protein/fiber ratios meant only getting in supposedly about 700 calories yesterday which doesn't sound right at all. I think I'm supposed to be more at 1000 daily, but I don't know how to do that without thoroughly messing up the ratios. Maybe add a Tbsp of fatty oil in somewhere? I tend towards cooking light anyway, like pork chops, cube steak, etc is fried in water, not oil, or I bake/roast with a thin coat of Pam spray.

Have a great Friday, everyone!

LexiChanel1
05-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Ferrous, are you following phase1? I had buffalo wings at chilis last nite and I'm still down a lb today.

ferrousgal
05-17-2013, 01:12 PM
yep, phase 1

LexiChanel1
05-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Oh, just try to follow the phase 1 sheet to the t. I've been doing that this week and I'm down 3 already.

ferrousgal
05-17-2013, 04:53 PM
I'm alternative 100%, no coach, no clinic. So there's no such thing as IP packets of whatever, therefore I have to figure out real food that works when I'm not doing EAS shakes. LOL. It is a bit challenging. Right now I have about 5-10g of fat and 6-11g of carbs to keep in balance for the rest of the day... which will be interesting as I'm already at 75g on protein. LOL. I guess it's a modest roast veggie plate for me tonight.

LexiChanel1
05-17-2013, 05:41 PM
I know it's hard you just have to keep at it:)

Momto2cs
05-17-2013, 11:23 PM
Just stick to green veggie and protein with some olive oil added. Try to eat slowly so you eat less. It works.

LexiChanel1
05-19-2013, 12:03 AM
Hi ladies, hope you are enjoying your weekend. I've lost all 5 lbs I gained, I'm gonna still go to next Saturday though, then phase off. We shall see:)

Momto2cs
05-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Yay Lexi!

ferrousgal
05-20-2013, 10:09 AM
WTG Lexi!

I finally lost a pound after 2 weeks. I guess I just really needed to get super strict for awhile. Hoping this plateau will be shattered for once and for all in the next week or so.

SaraBean
05-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Hello everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend! My husband and I did lots of planting in our veggie garden!

I am still not happy with my weight loss. I have started lifting weights and have cut back on my running and I think I am going to try phase 1 again for a couple of weeks. Maybe without my intense running I will have better results.

Anyhoo- Lexi congrats on losing the 5lbs! And ferrous have you ever ordered food from Nashua nutrition? I use alternatives and order from there a lot.

ferrousgal
05-20-2013, 12:42 PM
And ferrous have you ever ordered food from Nashua nutrition? I use alternatives and order from there a lot.

Nope. I've had the philosophy of just trying to use real food as a way to teach myself how to keep going indefinitely and I just use EAS shakes as the only non-real food item. And that was working great without even tracking every bit until recently. ;)

What really turned me on about this diet was Dr. Tran essentially confirming what I'd observed before over the past decade. That fat and sugar are toxic together (certainly are in my case), low carb is better when the fat is reigned in, that it's possible to eat cupcakes and whatever else any particular day while on lifetime maintenance so long as you plan on scaling the diet back down to restricted levels for a few days to compensate. I had great success on Atkins in my late 20s, was still losing when I got off the diet because I'd gotten used to usually cooking low carb anyway, could even have milk shakes and whatever else from time to time without gaining because I was still fairly good with the rest of what I would eat on a given day. But I also started to notice over time that I'd run into problems with high fat/high sugar foods and high fat/high starch foods. That would be when I'd start packing on pounds potentially. And then several years later when I'd gained all the weight back (going through a couple of pregnancies and getting married will do that to most women) I found Atkins didn't work so well. I couldn't just fix a big dish of pepperoni and ground beef slathered in cheese and lose the 3-4 lbs each week like I did the first time. And plus there weren't as many sugar free chocolate options the 1st time, so going on Atkins the second time I just started scarfing SF chocolates like crazy to compensate for my cravings (lots of fat and the sugar alcohols turn out to NOT be totally cancelling out carbs at a 1-to-1 ratio after all).

The whole experience for me has been a great learning experience in how to approach food for the rest of my life, I think. I don't know if I would learn as much how to permanently change my eating patterns if I was relying on soup mixes, pudding mixes, etc.. I'm speaking purely for myself.