South Beach Diet - On Plan Thread April 1 - 7

View Full Version : On Plan Thread April 1 - 7

RiverGirl
04-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Now that the long weekend is done and behind us, time to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and get back to on plan eating.

This is the place to post your daily menus.
Cheers to a week on plan!

RiverGirl
04-01-2013, 09:00 PM
I was very bad on posting here last week. I did ok until the week end, but with several easter celebrations to attend I must admit my weekend eating sort of got away from me. But this is a new week and I am back (more or less) on plan.

Phase 1.5 (fruit no grain)
off today, so I slept in. Which mean a small snack instead of a breakfast

Celery w/ PB
Glass of skim milk

Veggie & Chicken soup

Taco Salad w/ lean ground beef, romaine, tomatoes, green onion, jalapeno & ranch dressing (mixed w/ franks sauce)

Cucumbers & rf cheddar (when munchie later)

EliseVi
04-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, Lindsay!
No breakfast today, I slept all morning cause I have some kind of monster head cold. :-(
L: Laughing Cow on whole wheat English muffin; 0 fat yogurt & cottage cheese with 1/2 cup blueberries and walnut halves. Coffee with skim.
D: split pea soup; LC.
Still hungry at 9:30p. Not sure what I'm going to do. Have been sabotaging myself, AGAIN, last week, and want a fresh start this April.
Update...bad choice. At 10pm had 1/2 pound of steamed broccoli and sauteed kale AND way too many baked chickpeas (they might really count as fried since I coated the tray with too much olive oil).

sophie
04-02-2013, 11:42 AM
phase 2

b - two eggs, slice dark bread
l - chick pea soup
s - smoothie with almond milk and yogourt
s - pacific cod with broccoli and salad
s - turkey pepperoni stick
hopefully lots of water

vifi

EliseVi
04-02-2013, 03:27 PM
I'm listing what I'm eating for today because I need a serious PLAN.
B: quinnoa porridge (made with rice milk) and 5 banana slices; espresso with skim milk
L: arugula salad with 3/4 cup of lentils and 1/4 cup chick peas, raddish, cucumber; small piece of whole wheat bread; olive oil
S: skim-milk latte and herbal tea
D: veggie/soy protein chili w/ 1/3 avocado and iceberg lettuce and cup (drats) brown rice. On the positive side, I finished dinner before 8pm.
8 glasses of water throughout day.

RiverGirl
04-03-2013, 12:33 AM
EliseVi Hope you start to feel better soon, colds are the worst.
And as for the 'bad choice' snack you had the other night, at least all the foods you had were on plan & you didnt polish off a whole bag of potato chips.

Phase 1.5 (fruit no grain)

2x Hard boiled eggs (served warm w/ salt & a dab of icbinb)
Cherry tomatoes
Glass of Skim Milk

Greek Yogurt w/ vanilla & 1/3 banana slices
Salad w/ romaine, cucumbers, cauliflower, rf cheddar w/ italian vinegarette

Meatballs (homemade, no bread crumbs) w/ nsa marinara & fresh parmesan
Green beans (a ton)
Glass of Skim Milk

Pudding

Cheese String (if I get munchie later... if I do its TOMs fault)

Jennie527
04-03-2013, 09:57 PM
I need to get myself in a better eating routine.

B: Oat bar (I shouldn't be eating this, but I ran out the door and had to eat something)
L: Salad with FF feta, grilled chicken and raspberry merlot dressing
S: a handful of pepitas
D: lean steak, sweet potato, salad with FF feta and raspberry merlot dressing, and veggie medley

I think for dessert I am gonna go make myself a SBD peanut butter cup. YUM!

EliseVi
04-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Lindsay, you're always so positive. I love it! Thank you.

B: quinoa porridge w/ rice milk & five banana slices; baby bell lite; espresso
4 waters
L: 1.5 cups roasted beets, 2T feta, T roasted quinoa; mint tea; 4 waters
S: grande skim latte and lite baby bell cheese
D: 1.5 cups of black beans (stewed with onions and garlic), 1/2 cup stewed kale, 3 slices of sauteed tofu. 12oz of juiced spinach, celery, cucumber, ginger, 1/2 apple, 1/2 lemon.

I am STARVING. It is almost 10pm. I'm going to have an herbal tea and might have to have cottage cheese with 7 walnut halves. Tomorrow, more protein!!!

sophie
04-04-2013, 10:00 AM
phase 2 - wgt 158.2

b - quinoa with walnuts and coconut milk
l- soup
s - yogurt with ground chia seeds
s - baked cajun shrimp, roasted cabbage and maybe a salad
turkey pepperoni stick
water, hopefully time for a walk

Syckgirlsfv
04-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Hello! I am in week 3, but continuing phase 1 for a while due to some vodka I had last weekend...nothing too horrible. I also don't feel ready for bread or anything like it yet. So far lost 5 pounds but have been dealing with a pound of water weight the last few days.

I am pretty good about being on plan...actually REALLY good! BUT, today may be an issue as I went to lunch with coworkers to a Thai place. Now, mind you, I stayed OP foodwise - got the chicken larb salad which is just ground chicken with spices and mint leaves, and a little romain lettuce. It's really mostly ground chicken! And the dressing is mostly lime juice and cilantro...BUT (there's always one, isn't there?) an hour after eating I'm feeling after effects of what must have been MSG :( That usually means a 2 pound water gain. It pisses me off! Otherwise I am OP as always...gonna drink mean amounts of water the rest of the day!

EliseVi
04-05-2013, 01:12 AM
Ugh, Syckgirlsfv, MSG is the devil. At least you know if you do go up 2 pounds, water weight goes away pretty quickly!

B: 1 egg, 1 egg white, LC, whole wheat english muffin. Two waters.
L: veggie & soy protein chiliThree waters.
S: baby bel lite; NF cottage cheese with some blueberries and walnuts
D: 4 meatballs (Lindsay, no foam!) with tomato sauce, roasted fennel with walnuts, four waters.
S(?): Met two friends...had tea with skim and a small cupcake! (Wanted to have a treat in a controlled fashion. I might kick myself tomorrow, but I figured better to eat that one small one in public than forty in private.)

Lessons learned from this imperfect day:
1) I cannot hang out with these two women when food is involved until I am in maintenance phase. It's just too difficult.
2) Evening is my danger time. I need to figure out some serious structure for after 7pm!

RiverGirl
04-05-2013, 01:28 AM
S: baby bel lite; NF cottage cheese with some blueberries and walnuts
D: 4 meatballs (Lindsay, no foam!) with tomato sauce, roasted fennel with walnuts, four waters.
!

:lol:EliseVi Im glad you were not a victim of the dreaded "meat-foam":lol:

Syckgirlsfv My fear of reintroducing bread & pasta into my menu, is what drives my stay in phase 1.5... I can enjoy fruit, but stay grain free.

Phase 1.5 (fruit, no grain)

SBD Muffin (from the phase 1 recipe board)
Glass of skim milk

Caeser salad w/ romain, tomatoes, onion, HB egg slices, Renee's garlic lovers dressing

Greek yogurt w/ vanilla & 1/3 banana slices

Broccoli soup w/ rf cheddar
Pudding

Peanuts (1 oz) <--- Thank you TOM

Celery w/ ranch (if I start to munch!)

Syckgirlsfv
04-05-2013, 01:40 AM
so I got home and went for a jog for about 30 minutes...hubs came with and he did ok, but he won't go that fast because his ankle isn't used to it yet. No matter, it was a good jog :)

And I gained exactly 2 pounds of water! RAWR! I'm having a glass of wine tonight and then will be actively flushing those 2 pounds out tomorrow, either walking during lunch hour or at my step class tomorrow night! Stomach still looks pretty darn flat, though.

Yes, MSG is the devil! I was duped, though...I didn't know they used it at this place but I sure do now :(

sophie
04-05-2013, 10:13 AM
phase 2
wgt 158.2

b - 1/3 cup cottage cheese, strawberries and cinnamon
l- greek salad
s - light baby bell cheese
s- swiss chalet chicken with side salad
s - glass of wine with sliver of real cheese

Syckgirlsfv
04-05-2013, 01:55 PM
so yesterday went better than I thought it was going to go, because when I got home the hubby decided he would like to try jogging with me instead of going to the stuffy gym and using the cardio machines! :carrot:

He did ok, actually...even though he jogged much slower because he's not only got a broken ankle, but he's very heavy. BUT it's muscle heavy, except for maybe 15 pounds that he needs to lose around his gut. He's 6 feet tall but weighs 250, and he should really be around 235 with his muscle mass taken in to consideration. Big, strong, beefy man :D But he enjoyed himself enough to commit to doing that with me twice a week! The rest of the time we'll still go to the gym to lift weights and for my step class. :dizzy:

Breakfast: egg substitute w/light swiss and 2 slices turkey bacon

snack: mini babybel light, greek yogurt w/almonds (also splenda and pumpkin pie spice)

lunch: tuna w/light mayo with celery sticks instead of bread.

Turbo sculpt step class tonight! Dinner is a mystery...:?:

EliseVi
04-05-2013, 06:02 PM
B: coffee w/ skim; quinoa porridge with five banana slices
L: baby bel lite; laughing cow lite, 2 eggs on whole wheat English muffin; glass of grapefruit juice (in the misguided belief that it will kill this cold)
S: (post work-out): Mix of NF yogurt and cottage cheese with 1/2 cup blueberries and 7 walnut halves; green tea
D: Meeting a friend for dinner. I've pre-checked the menu online. The healthiest thing to order is a naked hamburger ...so that's what I'll do with a salad and hot veggie side of some sort. I'm going to "limit" myself to ONE glass of wine tonight. If I want to lose weight, I've got to say no to my English muffin and quinoa or to the wine. Today, I'm saying "yes, please" to both. I MUST remember "When you fail to plan, you plan to fail." I'm not quite failing, but can't be upset that the scale has stagnated, either!

jenne1017
04-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Ph 2

B: scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, RF cheddar, salsa and v8 with coffee
S: cucumber and hummus
L: salad of some sort
D: turkey burger with avocado and salsa, brussel sprouts
D: PBC

Syckgirlsfv
04-07-2013, 12:37 PM
I found a dinner that I LOVE...had it Friday night, and for breakfast yesterday. Sliced tofu fried in PAM and topped with peanut butter and Sriracha! OH MY it's amazing ;)

Syckgirlsfv
04-07-2013, 12:47 PM
morning all chicks! I am heading in to week 4 of SBD and still haven't eaten grains or starches or fruit. I haven't felt like it. I am, however, having a glass of wine and a half at night some nights! Weight holding at 160/161, which is actually good because the longer I hold at a weight, I am more likely to start dropping again

yesterday:
breakfast - tofu w/peanut butter and sriracha
snack - almonds and babybel light
lunch - stir fried broccoli slaw, spinach, deli ham, and tomatoes w/greek yogurt and sriracha (used red pepper flakes along with other seasonings and that **** was HOT)
dinner - pork chop and chopped broccoli w/jalapeno greek yogurt dip
DESSERT - 1 1/2 glasses of WINE

I am going to have my tofu w/pb and sriracha for breakfast after I finish my coffee and then head off to church have a great one all!

sophie
04-07-2013, 03:45 PM
phase 2

b - 1/2 slice brown bread with peanut butter and half a banana
l - 1/3 of a cup of cottage cheese, cinnamon and strawberries
s - pear
s - steak with roasted cabbage and a salad
just realized I have eaten too much fruit

EliseVi
04-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Syckgirlsfv, I'm intrigued by your tofu-peanut butter-sriracha combo. I just might have to try it....as soon as I can trust myself to have PB in my kitchen without eating the entire jar in one sitting.

B: 1 egg on whole wheat English muffin with laughing cow lite wedge and iced coffee with skim milk
S: Drinkable goat's milk yogurt
L: turkey burger with a few pickle slices and slice of LF Swiss
D: hamburger and 1/2 pound of kale and broccoli
S: glass of hemp milk

Proud of myself for limiting my bread today, though the drinkable yogurt had sugar in it....I'm glad I ate that as a snack as I needed the energy and it was the only on-the-go option I saw other than muffins and other totally verboten items.

RiverGirl
04-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Phase 1.5 (fruit, no grain)

Blueberries sprinkled with cinnamon, topped with a mix of almond meal, agave & icbinb, and cooked til brown served w/ greek yogurt mixed w/ vanilla
(YUMMO! this tasted like blueberry crisp)

Garden salad w/ romaine, tomatoes, green & orange peppers, hardboiled eggs & italian style vinegarette

Steak w/ nsa bbq sauce
Broccoli
Corn :devil:
Glass of skim milk

Cucumbers & rf chedder (if munchie later)