Chicks up for a Challenge - April 2013 Daily Challenge to Stay "On Plan" - Anyone is Welcome to Join

GettinFit
04-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Our main goal on this thread is to stay ON PLAN (or OP for short) with whatever weight loss plan you're following.

April 2013 Challenge:

1. Stay ON PLAN during the month. Challenge yourself to be OP with your eating & exercise daily. Be sure to come here and check in if you feel like you are going to go off-course and need some support!
2. Set a weight loss goal only if you feel comfortable doing so.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to do some form of exercise.
4. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THE THREAD and check in with us. The accountability is important and a great way to stay on track.

Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do so! Feel free to track your daily eating, daily exercising...anything you'd like! We are here for each other because we're all here for a common goal: to be healthy, fit and happy!! For those who are struggling, why not re-commit and let today be your turnaround. WE CAN DO IT so let's all have a great April!!!

GettinFit
04-01-2013, 12:26 PM
My goals for Arpil are to:

1. Continue doing what I did in March (lost 8.6 pounds for the month)
2. Be more committed to working out at least 4 days a week.
3. In addition to walking, do more weight training & toning.
4. Continue to drink as much water as I drank in March
5. Go to a WW meeting at least once a week
6. Stay focused and excited about my plan

GettinFit
04-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Today was a great day. Ate 100% OP and did a 3 mile walk today.

Kaitie9399
04-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Hello!!! I can't believe it's already April, this year is going by quickly!

April Goals:

1. Exercise 25 out of 30 days
2. Walk/Run/Bike 150 miles
3. Avoid soda like the plague.
4. Keep my calories as close to 1200 as possible.
5. Lose 8 pounds so that I can start May in the 170's.

Today was OP, I spent almost every minute of my day walking/painting/cleaning/ or exercising. I'm not going to be a happy camper if that scale reads 187.6 again tomorrow.

Lotus7
04-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Thanks GettinFit for getting this started. I cannot believe we are already in April. I guess that puts a little extra fire under my butt since I have a wedding in early June. Last month was a bit of a bust and I had a lot of issues with emotional eating which just seemed to come out of nowhere. But despite that the support here was so great that I was able to make it through and regroup for April. So here are my goals for this month.

1. Exercise 6 days a week - run/walking and skating
2. Avoid sugar & refined carbs - I really think I have some kind of addiction so I will focus on cutting those out this month (and finding healthy alternatives) and am doing some supplementing with amino acids to get that straightened out.
3. Track calories - I tend to not track when I overeat which does not do much for trying to be accountable so I just want to track (and report) everyday. I would like to stay at around 1500/day. This may change on day(s) I am doing IF but around 1500 for a normal day.
4. Drink at least 2L water - I used to be a big water drinker 3-4L but I noticed last month I had a really hard time getting in even 2L/day, so I want to get back to 2L as a minimum.
5. Visit this thread at the end of every day to report my progress and get and give support.

I don't have a particular weight loss goal this month. I hope I do lose some but I'm really focusing on consistency with the eating (i.e. keeping my daily calorie intake relatively stable) and deal with the emotional/physiological aspects of my eating. Once I have that under control, then it will be full speed ahead!!

Good luck ladies!

Lotus7
04-02-2013, 01:31 AM
Today was not OP as I set out in my goals which is actually why I set said goals for the month. I had way too much sugar. And somewhere b/w dunkin donuts and the walk home I realized that the sugar had an unnatural hold on me and I needed to nip the problem in the bud. So I'm working on that through building better habits and supplementing with a few amino acids to deal with mood and cravings. A

I did get my 4-mi walk in this morning and was quite active running errands throughout the day.

Emma4444
04-02-2013, 08:58 AM
I'd like to join!

My goals for April-

1. Exercise 6 days a week - jogging/walking (doing C25K) and weight lifting.
2. Count calories with a goal of 1500 calories average per day. Sometimes I cycle calories so I can have a high calorie day.
3. No Pop!!! This is my down fall because when I drink pop I eat greasy, calorie ridden foods.
4. Lose 10 pounds.
5. Visit this thread daily.

Thanks for starting this thread. I need the accountability :dizzy:

SuperCecilia
04-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Hi all!

Thanks, GettinFit for getting us started for the new month.

Welcome Emma!

Kaitie and Lotus - good to "see" you again.

Good news! I had a big scale whoosh today! 209.6! That means I've lost 8.5 pounds in six weeks and am out of the 210s. Less than ten pounds to go to hit my first mini-goal of onederland.

I am really encouraged because I feel l like I've found a plan that works for me and is consistently giving me lower scale numbers while not feeling hungry and having good energy. I've cut out pasta, rice, bread, potatoes, and sugar (unless I plan ahead to go off plan for a special occasion) and am focusing on getting my carbs from beans, lentils, low GI fruit, nuts, seeds, and starchy veg like butternut squash and sweet potatoes. Getting lots of protein from Greek yogurt, eggs, fish, grass-fed local beef, nuts and nut butters, and a reasonable amount of fat, too. I eat three meals and two or three snacks a day. It's amazing because I thought I would miss and crave these foods and I really don't. And my appetite is less (in the past I've struggled with being hungry when trying to lose weight) and I don't have that 3 pm so-hungry-I-want-to-inhale-a-box-of-triscuits thing happened like I have in the past when I've been on higher carbs - even "better" carbs like brown rice, oatmeal, whole wheat pasta and bread.

To give you all a sense of what "on plan" looks like for me -
Yesterday I had a veg omelette for breakfast, some roasted brussel sprouts with pecans for a snack, and lentils with broccoli and asparagus for lunch. Two afternoon snacks (because dinner wasn't til after 8 pm) - 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter and an apple, and the last of my brussel sprouts and some leftover mashed cauliflower (substitute for mashed potatoes). Then fresh grilled tuna for dinner topped with roasted red pepper and garlic (YUM - I wish fresh tuna weren't so expensive!), mashed sweet potato, steamed broccoli, and a glass of wine, with a bit of dark chocolate for dessert.

I also work out several times a week - swim laps, run, walk briskly, or dance. Also like to do yoga and hula hoop. :)

My goals for April
1) Stay "on plan" - which I am still tweaking and figuring out which carbs and how many and when - but feel like I've pretty much got a good sense.
2) Work out at least four times a week.
3) Keep a positive, can-do attitude and not fall into self-pity or self-defeating thoughts about having insulin resistance.

I look forward to a great April with you all and making progress on our goals! We can do it!

GettinFit
04-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Hello ladies and :welcome: Emma!

Kaitie - I agree that the year is flying by. Seems like it was just 1/1. Before we know it, it will be the end of the year and this time I DO NOT want to end the year fat & unhealthy. I always go on a cruise at the end of the year and this year I sail on 12/15 and I am determined to be a my goal.

Ceilia - Congrats on making 209. I am glad that you've found what works best for you so that you're seeing good results. It is so important to find what works for you. So far the new WW program is working for me and I am so excited and like you said, I'm not feeling deprived. You are doing a great job so let's keep it going and we'll both be in onederland before we know it.

Lotus - I hope your month is good and that you can be where you want to be for your wedding.

I'm having a good day so far. Eating has been good and I'm planning another walk after work if it's not raining. I'm really enjoying following the Weight Watchers plan this time around. For the first time, I look forward to my weekly meetings.

I hope you all have a great day :)

Lotus7
04-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Welcome to the group Emma! Its always great to have some new faces/posters.

Cecilia - good job on your plan. I think I'm moving toward what you are doing nutrition-wise, though I have not been able to convert DBF to the whole-grain bandwagon yet, and I'm feeling good already.

Today was the first easy OP day I feel like I've had in a while. I came in just under my 1500 target at around 1440 calories. I've been playing around with the macros and aiming for about 50% protein and it might be the right number for me. I had actually about 46% today (according to MFP) and a good amount of fiber (30g) which held me throughout the whole day with no hunger. I literally had to add things to my dinner meal to get my calories up. Also, I drank my two liters of water easily.

I'm trying to focus on getting most of my protein in earlier in the day and keeping my carbs low so that I can have a little more breathing room for dinner which is the meal I usually have with DBF. Worked perfectly today because he wanted to do risotto with (gasp!) white rice and since I had plenty of space for calories and carbs it was no problem. I actually just steamed some broccoli to mix with the risotto for fiber and volume and it was perfect. Off to a good start:carrot:

Kaitie9399
04-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Good Evening Everyone!

OP for the day. I'm exhausted and sore. I'm re-doing a room in our house so it's been a lot of painting the past two or three days--up and down the ladder, hands above shoulders etc... and today I started on the floor. I'm putting in a laminate floor so that's always tough on the knees. But! It looks nice so far. Hopefully I can get the rest of the floor done tomorrow and put the molding back up. I need to go to Hobby Lobby for some decorative items. Haha, yes I NEED to go. :-)

75 minutes of wfp and my calories are low even with pizza for dinner. 1068. I woke up twice last night with a major allergy attack, and that was with taking my prescription meds. I took some Allegra, hopefully that will work better. I love my cats but they need to get out of my house.

This is freaky. My dog is laying next to me and he is having a full on dream. His eyes are opening and shutting, his paws are moving...it's creepy, yet cute.

Apparently, I'm talkative tonight. Have a great Wednesday!

GettinFit
04-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Hello ladies,

Lotus - I'm glad you had a great start to April with an easy OP day. I hope it's as easy the rest of the month for you. Keep it up :cb:

Kaitie - I'm glad your room is turning out nice. Sounds like you're getting in lots of activity from it too.

I'm doing good still OP and in my zone :D Today's W/I was only .4 for the week but I'm okay with that. Hopefully, I'll have a bigger loss next week.

I hope everyone has a great day!

SuperCecilia
04-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Happy Wednesday friends

GettinFit - congrats on staying OP! A .4 loss is a loss and worth celebrating!

Kaitie - sounds like you're getting a workout as well as a paint job! Hope it all turns out well.

Lotus - WTG on getting your water in and planning ahead for the risotto.

On plan today - Greek yogurt with berries and almonds for breakfast, a handful of peanuts for a snack. lentils with veggies and a glass of milk for lunch. Feeling good! Ran a 5k race yesterday (averaged 10 and a half minute mile pace which I'm happy with given the hilly terrain) so taking today as a rest day exercise wise, besides getting a bit of hula hooping today. Still glowing about being at 209. :)

Kaitie9399
04-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Good Evening!

My legs are tired! I put in the most of the rest of the laminate floor--I'm leaving the deadly jig-saw cuts for my hubby. I put in a bit of the moulding, repainted two doors and some of the hallway--then I realized I had the wrong shade of paint and now I have to repaint the rest of the hallway. :-) That's ok, it needs it--the trim needs it too. It's funny how gross things get when you're not looking. And I went shopping!! Wahoo! Nothing like spending money.

OP for the day, under calories really. 1025. I'm going to be starving tomorrow morning but for now I'm good. And 35 minutes of wfp...seriously, my legs are so tired I couldn't muster up the energy for any more.

*crossing my fingers for 186.8 tomorrow*

OH! and today was officially -20 pounds! Wahoo! Go me!

Lotus7
04-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Sounds like everyone is off to a good start.

Cecilia - fantastic job on the 5k. I just started moving my walk up to a walk/run so hopefully I'll be able to do a 5k soon.

GettinFit - you've been barreling through the weight loss so I'm sure it will pick up soon.

Kaitie - big congrats on reaching the 20 pound mark.

Today was not 100%. I did track my calories but was not able to stay within my 1500. But I did get my walk in today and my water, so 3 out of 4 ain't bad. Tomorrow is a new day. I just hope I have the strength the brave the cold for my a.m. workout :dizzy:

GettinFit
04-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Hello ladies,

Is it not the weekend yet:?: I am so ready for it to be Friday!

Cecilia - Congrats on doing the 5K and glow on over your 209!!! I can't wait to get there :D

Kaitie - Great job on the home improvement work. That is great exercise. Sending you vibes to see 189.8!!!

Lotus - I hope today goes better for you. Stay strong.

All is good with me. This coming Saturday is my 2 month anniversary of being 100% OP and binge free and on the Weight Watchers plan.

I hope you ladies have a great OP Thursday.

Kaitie9399
04-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Lotus: I agree--what's with this cold weather!!!! It's April, it's supposed to be in the 50's!

And Wahoo!!! 186.2--I was just saying yesterday in another thread that I never get a 'whoosh!' like other people. I'll take a .8 of a pound whoosh. I'll take it!

SuperCecilia
04-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Lotus - how was the am workout?

Kaitie - WTG on 186.2! Soon you will be closer to 180 than 190. Being closer to a new "decade" of weight loss is always exciting for me.

GettinFit - happy anniversary! Big kudos to you for staying binge-free and on plan.

I stayed on plan today - still figuring out this lower carb thing. I wasn't really hungry at lunch time (b/c when I don't eat carbs, I don't get hungry) so barely ate, and then was hungry (but not ravenous) at 3 pm. I ate some leftover brussel sprouts, black beans and a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese (a big snack, but totally OP). It really feels that by removing bread, pasta, potatoes, etc from my diet that I've flipped the "off" switch on my appetite in a big way. I'm not sure if my body will adjust to this change, but for now it sure is helping!

I didn't have an official workout today but helped a friend move (not heavy lifting, mostly packing), and then did loads of laundry and some house cleaning so I didn't do much sitting and was active which felt good.

NSV to report: today someone I work with said, "you've lost weight. I can see it in your face." Ahh - and isn't the face a glorious place to lose weight. It was a nice affirmation.

Kaitie9399
04-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Nice NSV SuperCecilia!

I agree, being closer to the 180 is much nicer that being closer to 190. Here's hoping for another scale miracle tomorrow morning. 185.8? Nah, knowing my body it will be 186.4 or 6.

Anyway, OP for the day. The room is almost done, just a few more touch-ups with the paint, then we can put in the closet doors, change the outlets and light switch and start decorating! Weehee! Now, hopefully if I show my dad how nice we made the room that he'll decide to come and stay with us. It breaks my heart to hear him say 'I'm so lonely'. Ok. Time for bed.

G-night everyone! Have a great Friday!!!!!!

motivated chickie
04-05-2013, 08:49 AM
I'm back on the 3FC challenge after a long absence. I joined a weight loss/fitness challenge in my city and I'd like to have 3FC as my online support.

Challenge started today (April 5), so I'm joining the thread a bit late. My goals for this month:

1) Daily exercise - Mix of 2 different types of exercise per day (30-60 min)
2) Stick to a food plan - Plan meals in advance
3) Seek support when I'm in trouble (talk it out before I eat)

Those are big goals, but they are the basics for me. I believe that I can lose 8+ pounds sticking to this plan.

~MC

Lotus7
04-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Late night out yesterday and I wasn't able to post so its the first order of the day.

Kaitie - you're whoosh-ing all over the place. Keep it up!

Cecilia - I with you on the low carb thing. I had a fry up of eggs, broccoli and chicken breast around 1 and I could eat anything until 8. Usually, I have a little something around 5 but I didn't even think about it.

GettinFit - big congrats in being OP and binge-free for two months. Consistency is definitely the key and you are on your way.

Yesterday was OP. I got up in the a.m., hydrated and got out the door for my morning run/walk. It was hard at first - I literally had two pairs of gloves on and my hands were still numb. But by the time I made my way to the trail and started my workout, I was ok. And I had the best workout I've had in a while.

As I mentioned, my lunch pretty much held me all day. And it was good foresight because I had an event with DBF last night with lost of wine, sangria and pizza and I was able to enjoy it while not going over my calories. So I'm feeling that at least the calorie goal I set is quite reasonable for now. I know I really need to kick the sugar/refined carbs out of my diet because its really night and day between the days I have them and the days I don't and I know its key to being consistent in my diet and starting to see some real losses.

SuperCecilia
04-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Welcome motivated chickie! We are glad to have you on the thread.

Kaitie - the rooms sounds great.

Lotus - WTG on getting out there for a morning run...with two pairs of gloves on. That is commitment. And good for you for figuring out a key to what works for you in terms of managing your appetite and seeing losses. It sounds like we have had a similar learning experience through experimenting and observing different eating techniques.

OP so far today with a veggie omelette for breakfast and drinking lots of water at my desk. I won't have time to get a workout in, but have been active the last four days so figure it's okay to have a rest day. Maybe my imagination or wishful thinking, but in the shirt I am wearing today I think my collarbones are more pronounced. :)

Kaitie9399
04-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Sadly, two things stink royally.

1. My scale. I knew it wouldn't read 185.8, it went up to 186.6. Grr.

2. Me. I stink. I stink at spray painting--and it really, REALLY hurts my hands. I have to re-sand down three spots tomorrow to touch up the headboard and I haven't even started on the side table and I've already gone through 5 cans of spray paint. Would've been cheaper to just go buy furniture! Ok, not really, but still! Headboard, End table, buy curtains and rod, hang decorative shelves and finish adding little touches and the room is done!

Moderately OP for the day. I resisted over-eating for lunch and just went home and had a Healthy Choice meal. I gave in slightly at dinner and had spaghetti with meatballs but I'm still under 1600 for the day. I also took the day off of exercise. All the spray painting etc...has me worn out. It's been a nice busy week and I'm so excited for this room to be done, but I'm pooped and my body is tired.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Lotus7
04-06-2013, 12:49 AM
Kaitie - respect for taking on the paint job yourself. I love DIY projects and can't even ride past a Home Depot without getting a shopping craving.

Today was so-so for me. I think my body was a little thrown off by the alcohol from the night before and I could not get my mojo together to run. Also, I had some morning after munchies which I gave into but kept it healthy: 1 serving a cereal and milk and a can of chickpeas (?). DBF and I had a nice Vietnamese lunch of mostly BBQ and veggies so I could partake in everything.

Funny thing was I was a home late afternoon and was thinking, I want something sweet. But it wasn't the usual overwhelming craving. So I went and grabbed a slice of cake at the shop next door (instead of a box of cookies) and halfway through it decided it was too sweet. Then for dinner, I was home alone and dreaming of going to town on some pizza but I really was not that hungry so I went to the store, literally grabbed 1 bagel, some cream cheese and smoked salmon and made myself a lovely dish.

So I think something is working with this barrage of stuff I'm taking b/c even though my mind is still in crave mode, my body is not really wanting all the disastrous foods anymore. So I'll keep with the aminos I'm taking and keep working on cutting out the sugar/flour.

loser59
04-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Hello! i just joined this forum, and loved this challenge so here are my goals

(Starting date: April 7th)

1. Food: even though i stopped counting calories years ago (used to be obsessed), i need to go back to it because obviously i have become unaware of how much i eat. use my phone app and log on everything! STAY UNDER 1200 CALS if possible, 1500 MAXIMUM.

2. Exercise: last month at the gym - use it! go to the gym at least twice a week. Run three times a week. NO EXCUSE.

3. Goal weightScale broke but SW is around 152 lbs. goal... 147 would be nice... will try to get the scale fixed!

4. Visit the thread at least once every two days, every day would be ideal.

5. Other personal goals:Do not procrastinate: write everything that i feel like doing ... and do it!

6. Face and Body:Take better care of my skin and my teeth... do something every day. Take vitamins doctor prescribed.

Lotus7
04-07-2013, 02:34 AM
Florencia - WELCOME to the board. Good luck with reaching your goals and I hope we can offer you some great support along the way.

Today was almost OP. I went for my early morning run, was taking all of my supplements, water, etc. and even ignored the siren call of the 5pm sugar bug. BUT then dinner time came. I actually went out with a group for one of my best friends 30th birthdays to this fabulous italian place. I actually made good meal choices - salmon, veggies and fresh mozarella - but I did manage to take about 4 pieces of bread and a nice size slice of cannoli cake.

So I didn't make my no sugar/flour goal or stay in my calories but I ate really excellent today and am happy for the good choice I did make at dinner. And to be honest, its my best friends big day, so sometimes you have to just give in. I think that the important thing was that I didn't obsess over it and eat more. I had make cake, enjoyed it and I left it there. Now I know eating out will be one of the things that I need to prepare for better but I'm happy I was able to enjoy myself.

Kaitie9399
04-07-2013, 01:52 PM
So off plan....so, so, sooooooooooo off plan. Argh!

Lotus7
04-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Kaitie - its you and me both today. Hang in there.

Today was not OP. That cute little piece of cannoli cake I thought was so harmless yesterday inspired some crazy carb cravings today which I feel like set me back a few days. I definitely ate too much and the wrong things at lunch but I kept on the supplements and drank A LOT of water and it seemed to wane by dinner time.

Back on track tomorrow and I realize the sugar HAS to go. Even that one meal messed me up. So I probably need a bit more time on the sugar/flour free wagon before I'll be able to confidently indulge in those type of goodies.

Kaitie9399
04-07-2013, 11:52 PM
I don't even wanna talk about it. I could not stop myself, even though I'm eating and it's making me sick---I would not stop. Not cool.

I am now feeling distinctly unmotivated. I did an hour of wfp tonight but I know it's not going reverse the 'stuff yer fat face' binge of yesterday and today. I feel like a cow--an out of control cow.

What the heck am I working so hard for if I'm just going to ruin it all by shoving chocolate down my throat--until I felt sick, and then I would just keep eating--even though I felt sick! So not happy. So. not. hap.py.

SuperCecilia
04-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Hello all,

Sorry I have been MIA the last two days - DBF and I went away on a weekend trip to North Carolina. I planned ahead and packed yogurt with berries and almonds for breakfast (knowing the hotel breakfast would be bagels, donuts, sweet cereal, etc) and Saturday lunch ordered grilled salmon with two veggie sides. I did splurge a big on Saturday dinner and had wine and DBF and I split a dessert. Didn't get on the scale today for that reason as I imagine it will be up and don't want to discourage myself. Anyway, it felt like a good balance of planning ahead to stay on plan but also allowing some flexibility to do something special for a weekend away. The weather was beautiful and we had a great time visiting an old friend, walking through botanical gardens, etc...it's nice to be in love.

Florencia - welcome! You've got some good goals listed there and will find support from us all. Good to have you.

Lotus - WTG on making some healthy choices. It sounds like you are learning more and more about what works for you and what doesn't. "5 pm sugar bug" - LOL! Mine comes about 3:30 pm.

Kaitie - I hear your frustration and am so sorry you are feeling unhappy. scale fluctuations can totally mess with your head, it happens to me all the time. I can literally be "up" 2 1/2 lbs from one day to the next after staying OP, and it's just the scale and water retention or whatever, obviously I didn't gain 2 1/2 lbs overnight! And sorry to hear about your spray painting endeavor - doesn't sound like fun. Take a deep breath - today is a new day. Thanks for having the courage to share with us and be honest. Hugs!

Lotus7
04-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Hope everybody's Monday is off to a good start.

Kaitie - I hope you're feeling better today. Believe me we all get off track. I've been overeating off and on since I got back from vacation which is literally four weeks now. That just dawned on me yesterday how fast the time passes and really made me a bit angry at myself. Two days is really not bad, but you just have to step back and take a breath so that you can nip it in the bud before it does turn into something more.

So I'm trying to get back OP after my month of disordered eating. I got back on the scale and did my measurements. I'm literally the heaviest I have ever been in my life which was a stab in the heart. And none of my fitted clothes fit now :( But my measurements didn't change much so I think a bit of it must be water retention/bloating. Anywhoo, I was pretty much OP today except that I did not get a formal workout in; no sweets/starchies, lots of water and kept my calories down. I feel really good and no cravings today which definitely inspires me to keep it up.

I'm a bit nervous b/c I have a bachelorette weekend coming up in a few days and I know that I need to be mentally ready to make the right choices in terms of food/drinking/workouts/etc. But I've realized that I can't miss important things in life anymore because of my weight and anxiety so I have to face it and come up with a workable plan.

Kaitie9399
04-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Completely OP for today. I was mad at myself for the weekend but I'm putting it behind me and moving on.

I did 1:53 minutes of wfp today and burned off 464 calories--and I walked the dog. Here's hoping for tomorrow.

Thanks for all the support, I appreciate all of your help.

Hoopty
04-09-2013, 12:09 AM
I'm sitting here depressed because I'm not having my emotional eating under control at all. So after eating half a box of Cocoa Pebbles, 2 Donuts and a few cookies here and there I've decided to sign up and get my motivation from you guys!

With that being said - Hello everybody! :D
I'd like to join and master the April challenge.

My main goal to get back on track: No more emotional eating. Talk it out, exercise, whatever it is: NO eating. It's been going on for almost 3 weeks now - with a 5-day break in between - and it has to stop. I was actually doing really great before this started. I went from 150.4 lbs to 139.8 lbs in 7 weeks and then my PMS/depression really hit me and everything went downhill.
I am definitely going to check this thread daily. I hope each and everyone of you will be successful :)

I am actually going to throw on my gym clothes and do some exercises now. I feel so shitty about eating all that junkfood :(

Let's do this!

SuperCecilia
04-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Welcome Hoopty! Sounds like you have some good goals. I hope the exercise helps with the depression.

Lotus - keep up the good work. you are right that it is important to be mentally ready...I feel like that is half the battle. What's the old cliche "to fail to plan is to plan for fail" or something like that?

Kaitie - glad to hear that you are back on track. We can't ever change the past, but we can always take steps to make the present better. Congrats on your exercise.

The scale said 210.4 this morning - since my big whoosh last week it has been fluctuating between 209.4 and 210.6 which is pretty typical for me. I'm just happy because two months ago my fluctuations were more like between 217 and 219! I know since I jumped from 212 to 209 quickly I should be happy to maintain in the 209-210 range for a while, and I am. Can't expect a "whoosh" every week even when staying on plan. Slow and steady wins the race. I am glad that my planned splurge this past weekend didn't seem to impact the scale or my feelings. I still feel that lower carb is working out better for me, particularly in terms of keeping my appetite reasonable and curbing my sweet tooth.

Off to do some dance and yoga!

BonnieL
04-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Hi - I'm new to this forum and your challenge seems like just what I need!!! I've lost almost 50 pounds over the last year and a half, but my motivation is starting to go, and I still need to loose so much more to be healthy! Would love to join your support group.

My plan has a lot of things now, but the big ones are to count calories, not eat sugar, eat low carbs (but not super low), eat healthy, mostly unprocessed food, and stick to my exercise plan of swimming 2-3 times, walking 1 time, and doing the elliptical machine 2 times per week.

Bonnie

Kaitie9399
04-09-2013, 07:12 PM
:welcome:

Lotus7
04-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Hoopty and Bonnie - WELCOME to the group!! Hoopty, we all have episodes with emotional eating now and again and can definitely relate. I hope we can give you the support you need to reach your goals. And Bonnie big congrats on your weight loss to date.

Kaitie - so glad to hear you're back OP. Keep it up girl!

Today was pretty OP for the eating, except that I ate A LOT of peanuts for some reason, so my calories were quite high. I kept off the sugar and starches easily but I realized the the carbs in the peanuts add up so I will have to watch that in the future. I'm not watching calories as closely but I'm still logging food to check my macros and monitor my carb grams. However, if the scale is not moving in the right direction after 1-2 weigh-ins then I'll be back on the CC wagon.

I was just unmotivated to exercise today. I kept putting it off until later in the day and it just did not happen. So I know that I will just need to do it in the a.m. if its something I really want to commit to. I'm actually sleeping great and waking up early on this plan so I have plenty of time to get a morning workout in.

Kaitie9399
04-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

OP for the day and 93 minutes of wfp and I walked the dog.

I'm hoping that the scale can get back to that 186.2 and then finally move down, down, down so I can say goodbye to the 180's forever.

Have a great Wednesday. I have to set up all the sound equipment for my show and I have to clear all the garbage off the stage that people have been throwing on there for the whole year. Oh yeah.

Hoopty
04-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Lotus7 - Thanks for the kind words! I'm definitely trying, that's all I can do :)

Yesterday, I was OP and very happy with myself. After those horrible days of binging I finally got myself together and ate healthily, except my husband wanted me to try those sour Warheads lol which had a total of 62.5 calories. But then again - I do eat sweets every once in a while but in moderation!
Also, we went to the gym where I ran for 33 min and did strength training.
Yesterday was my "weigh-day" - 143.4lbs, uughhh. My first goal is to get back into the 130s again but I'm sure I'll weigh less next Tuesday when my period is ovaaa. Oh - and I'll also be writing down my measurements every TUE. I used to do that about a year ago and it definitely helped me stay on track.

I'll definitely check back later. So far so good ;)

I hope you guys are all having a good day!

SuperCecilia
04-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Welcome Bonnie! I'm also trying to do low-carb, but not super-low. I am aiming for under 100 g carbs a day, which is lower than when I initially started. Do you have a target you are shooting for?

Hoopty - way to go on moderation with the sweets.

Kaitie - congrats on the OP day. Sorry about the trash pick-up. :(

Today the scale said 209.4 and I was happy to see that again.

On plan eating yesterday and I was tracking just to try to get a sense of what my daily calories, fat/carb/protein grams are. OMG - peanuts are so crazy high in fat and calories AND carbs, too. Lotus - I see you had the same experience. It's annoying to me when what I think of as "protein" foods like nuts or dairy add to my daily carb count. Grrr.

Off to the gym - it has gotten so warm here so quickly I think it's too hot for an outdoor afternoon run, so going to hit the treadmill.

Happy hump day!

BonnieL
04-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Hi Everyone! I am not doing that well - I ate a slice of pizza & 2 small scoops of ice cream. I was at a work event all morning afternoon with no way to get my own food, but I could have waited till it was over to eat something (at 2:30) pr at least not eaten the ice cream! I notice that I've been cutting more and more corners lately, and now this, the first sugar or bread I've eaten in 6 weeks. Ughh... I have out of town visitors this weekend, but I'm going to devote Monday to getting fully back on track! Only consolation is that I stuck to my calorie limit, and I will do so this weekend too (I hope).

Cecilia: In the past I did Atkins & counted carbs. It was too restrictive for me, so now I've jus been trying to only eat mostly food that is low and on the glycemic index or in the middle range. I have not been counting carbs, but I want to do it for a week or so to see where I am.

Hoopty & Katie: Congrats on staying OP! I hope to be there with you soon.

Lotus: Thanks for the Welcome! I agree with your feelings about sugar - I feel like for me it is an addiction & when I have even just a little, within a few days I am eating even more of it. So I have to be very, very careful right now to stay off it since I ate that ice cream.

Kaitie9399
04-11-2013, 12:23 AM
Good Evening Everyone!

OP for the day and my scale was super friendly this morning! 185.4, down an entire pound since yesterday. Wahoo! I'm aiming for 184.8 now, hopefully it will come sooner rather than later.

Garbage clean up went fairly quickly, with the help of kids I had the whole stage cleared in under twenty minutes. Sweet!

I did 83 minutes of wfp and now it's time for bed. We had some wicked thunder storms here tonight, freaked out my dog--but that's nothing new Shadow barks at the drop of a hat.

G-night! Have a terrific Thursday everyone!

Lotus7
04-11-2013, 01:49 AM
Cecilia - peanuts are the new m&m's. We have to be careful with those things

Bonnie - no worries on the slip up; its only a day or two out of the journey. If you notice it becoming a pattern, definitely get more strict with yourself. Most people just get down on themselves and don't reflect. Its actually a healthy sign that you are noticing these patterns in your eating and taking action to move in the right direction.

Eating was OP today. I had about 30g more carbs than intended but exactly at 100 so I'll take it. (Damn nuts!). I also got my butt moving and hit the trail first thing this morning which felt wonderful. I noticed that I didn't have my usual mid-afternoon slump so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

And I was down 4lbs on the scale!! I knew some of that had to be retention. I'm not back where I was pre-vacay but I'm getting there.:carrot:

Hoopty
04-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Gaah. BonnieL I feel ya. I was OP until the very last minute. I did really great all day long but when my husband came home from work last night we decided not to go to the gym since he was totally pooped out and on top of that it was pouring like crazy out and we actually have to walk to the gym (which is a 15-20Min walk). So instead we planned on doing some exercises at home but somehow ended up watching a movie and I had a whole bunch of those stupid Cocoa Pebbels again. I didn't even buy those, they belong to my mother-in-law and they're just sitting there in the pantry. But because I felt....like **** again, mentally, I couldn't help it. Blah blah, bad excuse, I know :( So that must've been around 1000 cal, not even kidding. I've been up for an hour now thinking what I should eat today and I might really cut back with the calories to even out what happened last night.

Happy to hear though that you guys have been doing great. Also CONGRATS SuperCecilia, Kaitie9399 andLotus7 for dropping some numbers on the scale.

About to go have my tea, wish all you ladies a great day!

SuperCecilia
04-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Scale said 208.6 today! Just .6 of a pound away from hitting the ten pounds lost mark. Though the scale fluctuates day to day in a big way the overall trend is down and that is enough to keep me motivated. I did end up going for a run yesterday afternoon outdoors, not on the treadmill. It was hot! I only did 2 2/3 mile, about half an hour, so a shorter workout but still I got it in and with the sun and the heat I felt like I didn't want to push too hard. Had my usual high fiber, high protein, lower-carb breakfast and brought a morning snack to the office of some steamed broccoli and almonds, so I am all lined up for a OP day!

Hoopty - today's a new day and another chance to stay OP.

Lotus - "peanuts are the new M&Ms" LOL! So true. They are gone so none in the house and if I buy more and I going to measure out 1/8 or 1/4 cup as snack for sure - can't just grab a handful. Down four pounds on the scale?!?!? That is awesome.

Bonnie - yeah, Atkins seems to severe for me, but I have found that generally lower carbs and paying attention to glycemic index which you mentioned helped me have less of an appetite, which helps the scale go down.

Kaitie - congrats on lower scale number. The fluctuations are frustrating but it is encouraging when the overall trend is to smaller numbers.

Happy Thursday!

BonnieL
04-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Hi everyone! A good OP day for me. Well pretty good - I didn't do all the little good things I try to do, but I stuck to the big ones (calories, no sugar or high carb foods, and took a walk over lunch). Will try to stay focused on staying OP tomorrow which will be tough for me given the visitors.

Hooptie: I've been there so many times. Now I try to get back OP as quickly as possible, because I find that the longer And more I am off, the harder and longer it is to get back. Right now I am really struggling not to get too far off track though. Even when I've been good for awhile, it is still so easy for me to do one slip-up and then have it turn into a huge transgression.

Kaitie9399
04-12-2013, 12:01 AM
OP for the day! Wahoo!

Have a great Friday!

loser59
04-12-2013, 09:55 AM
completely off track since i joined :( feeling a bit helpless, and like maybe... i don't really believe i can accomplish my goals :(

SuperCecilia
04-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Scale said 208.4 today. Down .2 from yesterday. It is very encouraging. It seems reasonable to hope that I will hit the ten pounds gone mark (only .4 lb to go!) next week at some point. On plan yesterday, and on plan today with eating today and plan to get some gardening done which will be a good way to burn some calories and enjoy the spring weather. I am so happy to have found a plan which seems reasonable and where I'm not hungry!

Florencia - take a deep breath. I understand what it is like to feel helpless and then start questioning yourself. Just take the next right step and one day - or one moment - at a time. Hugs!

Katie - WTG on OP day! you are in the groove.

Bonnie - good luck staying focused on your goals with your visitors. I hope you enjoy your time with them.

Lotus7
04-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Hey ladies,

Hoopty - try not to punish yourself for what you ate yesterday by cutting back too much. Just start the next meal/day off to a fresh start and let go of the past. You can't change what happened but you start each meal with a clean slate and you can make better choices. And that's really how you get back on track one meal at a time.

Florencia - don't give up your goals. Maybe reevaluate or make smaller, more mangeable ones. I've had to stop myself and revise my goals a lot along the way because sometimes I just wasn't ready to make such a big step. And reaching those mini-goals gives you the confidence to set larger ones later.

Yesterday was good for me, but not totally OP. I got my run in in the morning and ate well all day. But my bachelorette party weekend started yesterday so I went out for cocktails with the girls and I had a few drinks. I actually stayed under 60g carbs b/c I drink pretty strong cocktails but they did have a bit a bit of sweet vermouth (=sugar), so I can't count it as OP.

But I know with my girlfriends in town this weekend, some whom I haven't seen in years, I will have to make some small exceptions. And if its just on the cocktails and I can have all my meals OP and get my workout in, I'm OK with that.

Hoopty
04-12-2013, 01:17 PM
BonnieL - That's exactly how I feel. It's really hard for me to go back to eating healthy especially if it's been a while...the first day always sucks, but once I survive it, it gets better.

Florencia - I think Lotus7 said it perfectly: Set smaller goals that are easier to achieve and work yourself up from there. We've all been there (heck, I was there just 2 days ago!), and stay strong! Think about what you wanna look like in a few months from now - it helps me to focus.

Lotus7 - My first initial thought after a bad day like that is to cut back on calories which is wrong. But once the new day starts I just try to eat my normal meals and just stay OP. Enjoy yourself as much as you can this weekend especially if it's with your friends. Good idea with the meals and the workout even though I'd probably switch it around and have the food and not the cocktails but only because I don't drink höhö.

OP yesterday! I ran 4.3 miles and did a full body workout, yay! It's raining here again...I wish I could do some gardening too :/

Oh by the way, I got a question for you guys:

So I weighed myself in the afternoon directly before and after I worked out, just because I was curious how much of a difference it would be. Before, the scale said 146.X lbs (I didn't even see the last digit, that's how shocked I was lol...) and about 2 hours later, right after I got done, it said 143.8 lbs! A difference of about 3 lbs in 2 hours, does that make sense? I ate 2 hours before I worked out, drank my usual amount of water and I have my period, but heck 3 lbs, really? Or do you think there is something wrong with the scale? Just thought that was kinda weird...

Got up late today, but I'm starting my day with a cup of tea, oatmeal with vanilla soymilk and a banana.

mellowmelon
04-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Hey Ladies!

I know I am late to the part (so sorry!) but I figured I shouldn't wait till the start of next month and just jump in!

1.) because I am starting in the middle of the month, I don't want to set a weight-loss goal and be discouraged if I don't make it!
2.) I want to do some sort of exercise everyday.
3.) Count my calories so I can see what I am eating, even on bad days! This one is especially hard for me because I am a full-time student, and part-time worker, so time is limited! This causes me to be tempted to eat out, etc.
4.) Stop drinking Soda!
5.) Visit this thread daily. (Heck, i need all the help I can get!)

Thanks for all the encouraging words and helpful tips that I have found on here! It's great to find a community like this :)

BonnieL
04-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Did very good today!!! Considering the guests and all. Had to estimate calories b/c went out to eat, but exercised in the early morning and ate healthy and about the right calories, even though it was hard with so much stuff going on.

Hoopty: I never understand weight fluctuations. But am glad to hear yours was a down one! Those up ones can be so depressing. I tend to weigh self every day, which I know is not good, but I do. And sometimes I am up a pound for no reason and sometimes I go down quickly, or just stay about the same after a bunch of OP days with exercise. And during period time, it gets even more unpredictable. I try to focus on my wieght at the beginning of each month, and always want it to be at least a little less than at the beginning of the prior month.

Mellowmelon:Welcome!

Katie & Cecilia: Congrats on another OP day!

Florencia: Hang in there!! When I am totally off & find it very hard to get started, I pick the one thing I think is most important to do, and start with that. Then after a few days add in the next most important thing, etc. It is very slow going, but usually does work to get me back on track. I guess everyone has their own way of starting, but don't give up!

Lotus: Sounds like we are in similar situations, I'm very happy to have had a good day, even if I didn't do every little thing, given everything going on, I'd be happy with a maintenance day.

Kaitie9399
04-13-2013, 12:56 AM
Good Evening Everyone!

When I first started back on the weight-loss band wagon I really was completely lost with what to eat--I didn't like to cook, probably because (ok definitely because) my MIL was completely overbearing in the kitchen--she told me I was boiling water incorrectly one time--I kid you not. Seriously, how do you boil water wrong? ANYWAY! My first few days of my diet did suck because I didn't know what to eat so I looked up some recipes online and I started with three of my favorite foods--chicken, artichokes, and tomato's. And I found a four or five recipes that I really like and I can cook them well and they are healthy. (and not too many other ingredients) Long story short--use the foods you like and find recipes to make your 'diet' food taste scrumptious, then it doesn't have to be torture.

OP for the day. It has been a MAJORLY great week for weight-loss for me. I weighed in at 183.6 this morning, that's four pounds in five days. I have no idea how it happened but I'll take it. I have been working my butt off on wii fit plus, every day this week I burned off between 350-467 calories. Sweet! Ok, it's midnight and I guess I should sleep--although all that exercise has my blood moving!

Have super Saturday everyone!

Hoopty
04-13-2013, 01:59 AM
Welcome Mellowmelon! :)

OP for the day even though I was a little high on calories but nothing too bad. I did a couple of exercises at home and walked around a lot since I had to run a gazillion errands. The weather hasn't been that great which puts me in a weird calm mood but overall I am excited for Tuesday - weigh-day!

BonnieL - Those fluctuations are really annoying. I don't have my own scale right now so I weigh myself every Tuesday night after I'm done working out. It's crazy how much a full belly, bladder or your period can affect the numbers. That's also why I write down my measurements and see how my clothes fit me.

Wish everybody a great Saturday!

SuperCecilia
04-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Hi everybody! Happy Saturday! I am happy to report I had a bit of a whoosh again and the scale read 207 today! I am down eleven pounds in eight weeks. And I can see a difference in the mirror and now that I am getting out my summer clothes am happy with how they are fitting. I am feeling very encouraged and positive. Hoping I can hit onederland in June if not in May! Thanks everyone for the support and the accountability. We can do this!

We have beautiful weather here in Virginia - it's great for being outside (planning to get a run in this afternoon) but I think I have hay fever as I've had stuffy nose and hoarse voice this week. Nothing I have taken for it really seems to help. Oh, well - the pollen can't last forever.

Welcome Mellowmelon - glad you are here!

Hoopty - Scale fluctuations are nutty, aren't they? I've heard it said if you weigh yourself right before you work out and then right after, whatever the difference is is the amount of water you've lost and need to replenish to not get dehydrated. Something to keep in mind?

Kaitie- IMHO, no wrong way to boil water. :) Congrats on the great week - your efforts are paying off. You will be out of the 180s soon!

Lotus -sounds like you have a good plan for the weekend. Enjoy the time with your girlfriends!

loser59
04-13-2013, 02:38 PM
thanx for the support guys...

maybe you are right, i need to make smaller goals... so here they are:

1- FOOD: my biggest issue at the moment. i am "all over the place".
i have a few problems: starving at work and a skinny boyfriend.
during the week, keep the day organized: have a good breakfast, bring fruits to work - at least 3 pieces, and eat them!!! - not to starve. lunch: salad and cottage cheese (it's what we are given at work). have a snack for after lunch: almonds/dried apricots at around 4pm. Eat something small when i come back from work (6 pm) - yogurt for example. dinner with boyfriend: small portion.

2- EXERCISE: start running again, 3 times a week. start yoga/pilates. right after work!!!!

3- GOAL WEIGHT: 147 lbs. but no scale for a while (broke) so my goal is food and exercise related.

Lotus7
04-13-2013, 03:46 PM
mellowmelon - welcome to the group. I think you've set some good, realistic goals and we'll definitely help keep you motivated.

Hoopty - sounds like you're back on track. On the scale, its hard to know what causes the weight fluctuation but its definitely possible to lose a few pounds after a workout. If you weighed yourself every hour on the hour, you would probably get a different weight each time b/c there are so many factors that affect it. It may not be 100% accurate, but as long as its going in the downward direction, I'd say you're good :)

Kaitie - I totally agree with you on your approach to food. My diet right now is not super varied - eggs for breakfast everyday - but I like it and its easy and that is what keeps me on track.

Cecilia - fantastic job on the loss. I'm definitely motivated by trying to get back into my cute spring/summer clothes.

Florencia - I think you have some specific and manageable goals. Its good you've planned out how you are going to eat for the day and I think it will take away a lot of stress. As for the goal weight, if you don't have a scale, you may want to just check your measurements every once in a while. Its good to have a good objective statistic to see if you are on track.

Yesterday was pretty OP for me until post-drinks/club. You know that 4 a.m. carb refill you have after a wild night. Well, it happened but I was pretty controlled. My friend had a baggie of these mini-reeses pieces things and I ate like 4 and couldn't eat anymore because they were too sweet. And then we went to grab a slice of pizza. I had one slice of a regular size pizza and was done. So I would never eat these types of carbs on my plan but these are things I would probably have binged on before and now they hold no sway over me which is a really great feeling. Then woke up this morning, well afternoon and had steak and eggs and am back on plan.

So now off for a run and then another last wild night with the girls!

Hoopty
04-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Good afternoon, Ladies!

SuperCecilia - That's actually a goint point with the water loss and it really makes sense. I never thought about that but it would definitely explain the fluctuations. Also, I'm really happy for you! It's a great feeling when all your clothes start to fit nicely, especially now that it's getting warmer outside. Give us some of your positive energy! :D

florencia - I don't know how big your portions are but unless you have a huge breakfast it doesn't sound like you are eating enough/getting the nutrients you need. Maybe that's why you felt like you were off track? Just something to think about...

Lotus7 - As long as the number keeps going down...I don't mind ;) I can't believe you only had one slice of pizza and a few Reese's, respect, seriously! It takes a lot of discipline and will to stop eating those things once you've taken a couple of bites, especially after a night out. Oh - and have fun tonight!

I wasn't 100% OP today since I had a lot of wheat: 2 Hamburger buns (we made our own veggieburgers) and 1 plain bagel that my husband brought home for me (of course I can't say no to that ;) ). I usually stay away from any sort of bread, bagel, roll or wrap and if I do eat it, it has to be 100% whole-grain so today's lunch was kind of a no-no for me. However, my total amount of calories won't be too high by tonight. I had my usual breakfast (oatmeal, vanilla soymilk, banana = ~350 cal) and I'm only having a spinach-tofu salad and a pear tonight.

As far as working out is concerned - the gym closed at 7pm so I'm gonna do some bodyweight stuff and exercises with my dumbbells at home.

Gotta digest and then I need to get a sweat going. Have a nice Saturday night everyone!

BonnieL
04-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Not totally on plan, but not too far off. Feeling very sad b/c family visitors are aging and really slowing down. Am trying not to eat anymore tonight, and then day will have been ok as far as health plan goes.

Kaitie9399
04-13-2013, 11:36 PM
Thanks Cecilia!

Scale down to 183.2 this morning--wahoo! I'll take it.
So, I only got in 27 minutes of wfp today before my tv was invaded by some kickboxing/karate tournament. It's ok, I've exercised hard all week, an easy night will be ok. BUT! back to the grind tomorrow! Losing weight is a 1000 times more fun when the scale moves quickly. Hopefully I've found some magic button and this quick weight loss will keep on going!

Have a peaceful Sunday!

Lotus7
04-14-2013, 10:01 PM
So bachelorette weekend is over :dizzy: It has been so much FUN. Yesterday was pretty much the same as the previous. Ate well for the most part. We had a chef come to give us a cooking class/dinner so I had a little bite of everything even it was not OP. Then drinks later but did not really nibble when we came back home.

And today was definitely not OP but not disastrous. I had a donut with the girls in the morning but also managed to boil some eggs so I balanced out the carbs a bit. But I was back on plan when I got home for dinner and I managed to get in a run yesterday and today. So I would say, all in all, not to bad.

Kaitie9399
04-14-2013, 11:22 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

I wish every week could be just like this one! Scale down to 182.4--that's 4.8 pounds since last Sunday!!!!

OP for the day, this coming week is my show--so not looking forward to it. I love putting on musicals but when the actors are irresponsible and don't learn their parts it makes doing the show a chore and right now, it's a chore and I can't wait for it to be done.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Hoopty
04-14-2013, 11:53 PM
OP today.
Breakfast: Oatmeal + vanilla soymilk + banana
Lunch: Whole-grain pasta + tofu + baby spinach + tomatoes + avocado + red bell pepper + beans
Dessert: 1/2 Mounds Coconut Dark Chocolate bar + 2 Nutter Butter Cookies
Dinner: Vanilla greek yogurt with fresh pineapple

Ran 3.3 Miles and worked out afterwards. Can't wait til Weigh-Day, I'm excited!

Katie9399: Keep it up! 4.8 lbs sounds great! :)

mellowmelon
04-15-2013, 02:23 AM
Pretty OP today :) Sunday is a very relaxed day in my house, and we usually have people over for dinner...so I was prepared for a feast and prepping myself for the self-control that would be required.

My family is very religious so no workouts on Sunday, but I feel like it is one day that I can reward myself with a break. :) Yesterday I went shopping with some friends and we all went to go get sodas. My friends turned to me and handed me a Diet Dr. Pepper. (My usual LOVE IT.) I grabbed it four a second not realizing it out of habit, then asked her to trade it for a water. (VERY proud moment for me ;) ) So that's been good! Since I decided to do this on Wednesday, I haven't drank any soda.

Food wise, I did well sticking to under 1,500 calories.
Breakfast- Orange
Lunch-Homemade Raspberry Almond, Apple and Chicken Salad. *So good! If anyone wants the recipe I will post it!!*+ a handful of grape tomatoes.
Dinner-(Here comes the big one.) Mashed potatoes, strawberries, salad, bread, smoked ribs, and grilled asparagus. Yeah, it was as amazing as it sounds. I did very well at portion sizes, getting regulars helpings on the fruits and veggies, while smaller ones on the meat and potatoes, cutting the bread out all together.

All in all I feel like this was a challenging day that gave me faith that I can really do this! My goal is to have 30 pounds lost by the end of July, and I'm hoping I can do it!

Keep it up ladies!

GettinFit
04-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Good morning ladies,

I'm sorry that I've been MIA for about a week! I was sailing along so smoothly and I just lost it. I don't know what happened but I am slowly getting it together. I guess my food addictions just got the best of me. I went to my Weight Watchers meeting last Wed but I did not weigh in. I haven't tracked my points in over a week but I am back at it today. I also plan to go walk after work today.

I will catch up on personals later today.

I hope you all have a great Monday :)

Healthyliving459587
04-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Hello Everyone!

I am new to this site (joined yesterday). I started on WW on my own since January 1, 2013 and lost 25 lbs. I still have 30 lb to go to get to my goal weight. My goal for April is to exercise 60 minutes a day and stay on program (within my points) daily. Since there are only two weeks left, I would love to lose 2-3lbs by the end of the month.

I am learning slow and steady wins the race.

-Onlyonecent

BonnieL
04-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Visitors gone now. I am going to spend the afternoon food shopping, cooking and exercising, and try to do everything I can to set myself up to get fully OP tomorrow and then try to start going forward without all the recent corner cutting I've been doing! Then, its back to work tomorrow.

Congrats Katie!

SuperCecilia
04-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Happy Monday morning everyone!

GettinFit - so happy to see you back! I missed you and was thinking of you and hoping that all was well with you. Thanks for checking in.

Bonnie - hope you enjoyed your visitors and best wishes in moving forward with an OP week.

Kaitie - you are on a roll! Awesome!

Healthyliving - welcome! Slow and steady is a great motto.

Mellowmelon - I think taking one day a week off from working out is great, allowing your body a chance to rest and get ready for another week of working out. Applauding your decision for swapping the soda for water. Hooray for creating healthy, positive habits!

Lotus - glad you had a fun weekend and congrats on balancing having a special event with still making some healthy choices.

Hoopty - your meal plan sounds tasty. I love red bell peppers and avocados.

It is rainy here today which I hope will wash away some of the pollen which has been giving me hay fever. OP since I last posted - and that includes turning down brownies-just-out-of-the-oven when I visited a friend, apple cider donuts fresh from the orchard, and an offer of ice cream. And the thing is with lower-carb eating I don't really have as much of a taste for sweet and carby things so it doesn't take humungous willpower to say no. Yay! I'm getting excited for onederland and thinking about what kind of haircut I will get to celebrate that milestone.

Healthyliving459587
04-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Working on a 1000 piece puzzle today. This keeps me out of the kitchen and my hands/mind busy. I have motivated my mom to lose weight too. She just called me from the market to find out how many WW points a low-cal salad dressing was. It turned out to be two points but I try to stay fat free for one point. My mom is healthier now than she was at a much younger age. We even took a 20 minute morning walk with my dog today.

Going to have a tasty salad for lunch and prep for dinner. Then my goal is 30 min on the stationary bike (just got to speed 5) and at least 15-20 min Tae Bo.

One thing I like about this site is it makes me feel accountable and have someone(s) to share my goals with.

Have an awesome afternoon everyone!

Hoopty
04-15-2013, 11:46 PM
Good evening everybody!

I was OP today, ran 3 miles and worked out afterwards. Also, I had to walk a lot today (we don't have a car at the moment) so that's some extra calorie-burning right there.
Today, I got some Ben&Jerry's "Everything but the..." ice cream but I haven't touched it yet! It's supposed to be for either tomorrow or Wednesday night which is gonna be my treat-day.

mellowmelon - I LOVE anything with raspberry and almond so if you wanna share your recipe, I'll definitely try it (though it's gonna have to be without chicken for me ;) ) I know how you felt when you asked for water instead of the soda - it's those little things that mean alot! I feel proud every single time I choose something healthy over junk and it gets you even more motivated! :)

Have a good night everyone!

Lotus7
04-15-2013, 11:47 PM
Kaitie - great job on the weight loss. You will need to do some shopping soon.

GettinFit - glad you are back on track. We're rooting for you. :carrot:

Healthyliving - welcome to the group and good job on your weight loss so far.

Despite my indulgent weekend, I was down a pound on the scale this morning. I couldn't believe it. But I didn't let it go to my head and I got right back on track. I was OP with eating today and managed to not only hit my calorie goal but also my carb grams and other macros. But I really needed to catch up on rest so I didn't exercise today. In fact, I did not even get out of my pj's today :o Back on the trail tomorrow morning.

Kaitie9399
04-16-2013, 12:21 AM
Thanks Everyone! I wish Lotus, somehow clothes just aren't looking any different on me yet. I think I was just wearing the wrong sized clothes to the stretching point because I didn't want to accept that I was getting fat again, so now they just look right on me. Does that make sense? I think I'll see a big difference when I get to about 175. Which, is hopefully only a little ways away! 181.8 today, a very symmetrical number! Here's hoping I can somehow keep up this roll that I'm on. I'll take it for as long as I can have it!

60 minutes on wfp today. I went to work at 7:30 am and got home at 8:45 pm. Eek!! But the dress rehearsal went really well--4 more days and this show will be over. Yippee! Time for bed!

Glad you're back GettinFit! This thread just isn't the same without you!

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

mellowmelon
04-16-2013, 01:44 AM
Today was an awesome OP day for me! Went to the Dr.'s this morning and I have lost 3 pounds since Thursday! Whoooo! Seeing a little bit of success has really driven me. Has anyone out there been on Phentermine? I have to lose 30 pounds by July (I literally have no choice) So my Doctor felt like going on it for a short period of time (2-3months) would be good. I took it for the first time today, and I really felt it working. I didn't have the urge to eat anything, but still got hungry. It also made me very antsy, which he said would be a side effect when I first started using it. Anyways, if anyone has used it and has some pointers on how to keep yourself eating even when you don't crave anything...that would be great! haha

One of my goals has been to drink lots of water, and I drank around 38 ounces today! So felt good about that.

I also did a workout that KICKED MY BUTT. It felt so good after though! :)

Hoppty33: It's SO GOOD.
2 cups of Iceberg lettuce
1 cup of Chicken Breast cut up (just putting it on here for others ;) )
1/2 of apples chopped
2 tablespoons of blue cheese (optional, but it really gives it a nice flavor)
1/8 cup of crushed almonds
1/4 cup of crumbled raspberries
2 tablespoons of Wish-Bone Raspberry and Walnut Vinaigrette

Wahla! Mix and you are done! This makes a good dinner size, and then if I get full I save it for lunch tomorrow! Great nutritional value, and very delicious! If you try it, let me know if you like it! :)

junebug37
04-16-2013, 02:30 AM
Hi y'all! I just found this forum and I can see that it is inspiring to everyone! I would like to try to keep up with my OP eating and fitness! I'm on MRC 17 week MetaSlim program. I am down 18.5 since March 8!

Still thinking about my goals for the month/ weekly. I'll get back to you! I'm at work! :)

SuperCecilia
04-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Happy Tuesday all!

Kaitie -I know what you mean about feeling like clothes fit with weight loss. I have definitely been in that boat...having put on weight but not wanting to buy new clothes so wearing jeans that were too snug, and now that I am down eleven pounds they fit great. I do look forward to the day (maybe 199? 190?) when they really are loose and baggy.

Lotus - congrats on being down a pound after your party-party weekend. Spending a day in your pajamas sounds great and relaxing...makes me want to do that sometime soon!

Welcome Junebug. Good to have you. It looks like you have some good goals and sounds like you have lots of different ways you enjoy being active.

The scale this morning said 207.4. My pattern seems to be a whoosh where I "overnight" lose 1.5-2.5 lbs and then I hover around that number for a few days, and then whoosh again. So I feel like I'm on track if I hover around 207 for a few days.

On plan eating yesterday - I was running around a lot, but packed my snacks (an apple, some almonds, a banana with smear of PB before yoga class) to keep myself on track. I made fish and veggies for DBF and I last night.

I had a great workout yesterday - there is a new yoga studio near where I live and I went and took an hour and 45 minute class that had a DJ spinning music. It was a challenging class (lots of arm balances, inversions, and some stuff I couldn't do) but I stayed with it. I literally had sweat downing my face like tears and dripping onto the yoga mat. I can feel some soreness in my leg muscles today but not as much as I expected. I loved the class, but it was $20, so too expensive to make it a regular thing. Also, it was nice because at the opening of the class the teacher had us set an intention of send some positive energy and love to all who are suffering, especially those in Boston. So it felt like a good way to pray for those impacted by that tragedy (I did graduate work at Boston College and have many friends up there - all of whom are okay).

junebug37
04-16-2013, 12:46 PM
1.Stay active every day! Walking, coaching baseball, working on my C25K, bike riding or hiking through the GA woods!
2.Control my salt cravings! These are the bane of my existence! (french fries anyone?!?)
3.Keep better track of my water intake! Always a hard task for me!
4.Stop eating after 6pm! Working my night shift schedule makes this very difficult but its a very important factor in this journey!
5.Lose 7 more pounds by the end of April! This is a tough goal for 2 weeks! EEK! I will try my hardest and if I don't succeed I will only learn from it!
6.Come back to the thread at the end of every week on my official weigh in day to update and be accountable! Weigh ins are every Thursday so in 2 days we will see where I am!

:carrot:= 5 lbs lost
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Healthyliving459587
04-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Got up at 5am and did Tae Bo for 30 minutes then rode my stationary bike for 15 minutes. It felt good to get exercise in before work today because I felt like I accomplished something. Had a healthy lunch and making dinner soon. After dinner I plan to walk the dog for 20 minutes and ride the bike for another 15 minutes. Clothes are fitting better and staying on plan is becoming a routine.

Have a great day, everyone!

Hoopty
04-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Mellowmellon - Thanks so much! I actually have almost all of the ingredients here, so I'll definitely try it out this week!

junebug37 - Those are great and achievable goals. By the way: LOVE french fries! :D

SuperCecilia - I envy you! I'd love to do some yoga but there is no studio around...my gym doesn't even offer any classes but that's okay. I'll work with what I got.

So far so good - I had some of the Ben&Jerry's ice cream but since I planned it out I consider today OP (I had about 1/4 which has 300 cal). I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon and my husband and I decided to walk - which was a total of 5.4 miles. After we got home we had our lunch and right now we're relaxing a little before we head to the gym. I'm most likely gonna ride the stationary bike today since I already walked so much...

OH! And I wrote down all my measurements this morning. I lost 2cm (0.78 inches) around my waist, hips, butt, thighs and under my boobs, yaaay! Weigh-in will be tonight after my workout. So excited!

BonnieL
04-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Hi everyone - finally a totally OP day for me! Hope to keep having more of them!

I really like reading all of your posts - you say things that I never though about anyone but me doing. I so totally relate to losing weight, but not having clothes get to big! I hate buying bigger clothes, so I have to loose quite a bit before the ones I have are too big!

Also, I have the whooses too. I often hang out at the same weight for a few days or a week before going down a bunch at once.

I like coming here too, it makes me feel accountable too

Healthyliving459587
04-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Made the most delicious chicken fajitas for dinner. Cooked chicken, peppers and onions in canola oil and placed them in tortilla bread smeared with garlic hummus. I even found a 1 point tortilla that my husband had brought home (it had 10 grams of fiber in it). So glad I ate my dinner before my husband brought home an large, extra cheese pizza and chicken fingers for my son. I was already full and enjoyed peanut butter on caramel rice cakes for dessert.

Kaitie9399
04-16-2013, 11:30 PM
Good Tuesday Evening Everyone!

OP for the day and I did 100 minutes of wfp. I feel interference heading my way, hopefully I won't let it get me down. Scale was down .4 this morning, and down is good!

My show is tomorrow, it'll be 'ok' I knew heading into this that there just wasn't a lot of talent to chose from this year. At least my lead is pretty good. Anyway, I better get some sleep so I can get to work a little early tomorrow. That never happens, but we'll see. :-)

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

mellowmelon
04-17-2013, 12:37 AM
Op today!! :)

Today I had a staff meeting and of course there were fresh, warm, and delicious bagels and pastries from my favorite bakery. I somewhat died inside. But I opted for the fruit and yogurt, and sprinkled a little granola on there. I was proud. Every Step Counts, right?? I think that is going to be my motto. I feel like i'm starting at the bottom of a flight of stairs, and with every healthy decision I make, i'm climbing to the top. No matter how small it may be.

The scale said I am down another 2 pounds....I thought, "Two pounds in one day?! NO WAY. I don't know if I should be excited about it, or if it's just something like water weight.

Kaitie: I'm a singer, so I totally know what you mean. It's hard to do a show that you are not excited about. Especially if you don't have that much talent. BUT, there will be someone out there who will LOVE it. :) Good luck, lady!! Break a leg!

Hoopty: YAY!! Congrats on the measurements! Can't wait to hear about the results! Also way excited for you to try the salad. :)

Well, I'm working a 12 hour shift tomorrow....so I better go to bed.
Have a good day tomorrow!!

Lotus7
04-17-2013, 01:15 AM
Sounds like everybody is on track which is great and really motivating. I was OP today and did not have much trouble easing back into my routine. I had a nice run/walk on the trail this morning. I actually came in under my carb and calorie counts today and was not hungry at all.

I am really loving this low carb/high fat diet. I am rarely hungry and I can eat cheese like its going out of style. Also, I just don't crave sugar anymore. I was doing my marketing today and all these muffins and things that I would have at least paused in front of and considered before, I completely pass by in the store. Also, my energy and mood is much better which just makes me more fun to be around. And to me that is equally important as the weight loss.

junebug37
04-17-2013, 07:50 AM
After working my 12 hour night shift and sleeping only 3 hours I was in a funk yesterday! Did not stay OP! I didn't eat things I wasn't supposed to I just didn't have the time or motivation to eat all the food I was supposed to! Not finishing the meals are what starting my messed up metabolism in the first place! I am very irritated with myself for letting this happen!

BUT TODAY IS A NEW DAY!!! I will stay on plan today! And get enough rest for the 2 night shifts coming up!

So excited for the weigh in tomorrow! I just want to see 20lbs lost! I didn't get to 2 weigh ins this week and I really need them both!

Happy to see others are having such successes this week!!! Keep on keeping on everybody!!!

:carrot: for every 5 pounds!
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

SuperCecilia
04-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Good morning friends!

Lotus - we are definitely making the same discovery that lower carbs and higher fat or protein help with mood and sweet cravings. There have been donuts at work the last few days and I just don't care or feel tempted to grab one. I wish I would have figured this out fifteen years (and many pounds) ago! Well, I guess I can just be glad that I figured it out at age 32, and not later.

Junebug - yes, today is a new day. Take a deep breath, and then take the next right step. We are here with you!

Melon - way to go on going for fruit, yogurt and granola over the sweet, simple carb stuff. That is an awesome concrete step. Good luck with your 12 hour shift!

Kaitie - congrats on your continued loss, and break a leg with the show.

Healthy - your chicken fajitas sound awesome. Mmmm.

Hoopty - congrats on the loss in your measurements. I haven't taken measurements, but I should really get myself a cheapy tape measure and take some so I have another way to track progress. Especially since they say that waist measurement is such an important health indicator.

Scale this morning said 207.8. I imagine I will continue to fluctuate around 207 for the rest of the week. Since I'm losing weight more quickly now than I have in the past I'm trying not to get greedy and expect a 2 pound weight loss every week, but just focus on staying on plan and taking it as it comes. No official workout yesterday but did a lot of cleaning and work around the house so was active for much of the day.

I made spinach artichoke dip yesterday that was great - lots of good veggies but also a fair amount of fat (sour cream and mayonnaise). I'm thinking I should probably keep an eye on fat a bit more - not count grams or anything, but just try to not go overboard with it as that will probably slow down the weight loss. I got off today with a good start (Greek yogurt, berries, almonds, flax seed and chia seed for breakfast) and am on track for an on plan day!

Hoopty
04-17-2013, 06:30 PM
I had a total of 2000 cal in junk yesterday which I am not upset about. In fact, I really enjoyed it all, lol! I didn't go to the gym so I didn't have my weigh-in yet.
Today my husband took me out on a surprise lunch so that was kind of high in calories as well (Veggieburger + Wedges + 1 HUGE M&M cookie). I'm heading to the gym in about 2.5 hours and I plan on doing lots of running, weight training and some extra cardio at the end of my workout. I feel so full right now! All in all I can say that I don't feel horrible about what I've eaten today and yesterday. I feel like it won't affect me in a bad way since I don't have that typical binge feeling. I'm actually really excited to workout and eat my normal healthy meals :)
Today was a great day so far. Like I said, I went on a surprise lunch and got a couple of things done. It's really nice outside here in Upstate New York and I can't wait to go to a few drugstores to buy a couple of things.

SuperCecilia - You should definitely get a cheap measurement tape. I feel like it's more accurate than weighing yourself, though it's much more fun to see them pounds drop :D By the way - your breakfast for today sounds AMAZING! I absolutely love Greek yogurt. I eat it with some fruit almost every night.

junebug37 - You said it - today is a new day! I hope you were able to make better choices and that you feel better (get some rest, girl!)

About to leave, will check back later!

Healthyliving459587
04-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Got up at 5am today and did 30 min Tae Bo and 30 min stationary bike. It's worth it to get up early and exercise because it makes me feel better and helps me get through the day.

Hubby came home and was going to order a stromboli. He can eat pizza every night. I was hungry too and he was cooking my son's breaded chicken dinner on the stove. He used the rest of my chicken that I had prepared yesterday. The comcast guy showed up too to fix the internet.

I browsed the pizza menu for awhile (I still had 11 points left) and I was going to order a cheese steak because I didn't feel like cooking and I was very hungry.

I decided I didn't want to spend all of my points on a greasy cheese steak so I made a fat free hot dog on a fat free bun with 1/2 cut of baked beans and corn on the cob. I had points left over for two rice cakes with peanut butter and a few teddy grahams.

So glad I made a better choice. In the past, I would have just ordered the steak. Now I STOP and THINK about what I really want and how I want to spend my points.

Time to walk the dog.

Have a great night everyone!

Healthyliving459587
04-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Lotus7,

What part of Philly are you from. I grew up in Oxford Circle and lived in Rhawnhurst too.

Healthyliving459587
04-17-2013, 08:31 PM
At the market today, saw a woman in front of me obviously on WW. She had lots of yogurt, fruits and veggies in her cart. She even had some WW candy. I bought WW 2 point cakes. They were $3.49 each on sale for 2/$5 and there was a $1 off one coupon attached to the items. Giant also gave you a 6 pack of Arcadia spring water FREE for every two boxes of WW cakes you buy. So basically for 2 cakes and a six pack of water it was $3!!

Not sure if all Giant markets have this deal but it is worth looking into.

BonnieL
04-17-2013, 10:04 PM
OP today!!! Like some of you, I also do much better with lower carbs. It is hard for me to igure out how mny to have though.

Yes - Evey tep counts!

Kaitie9399
04-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Good Evening Everyone!!

Well, my students suffered EXTREME stage fright today.....seriously, in all my years of teaching I've never seen kids paralyzed on stage. We made it through though. They seriously sang all of their songs almost double time. I have to remember that I'm working with 8-11 year olds. :-)

Anyway! OP for the day and 101 minutes of wfp. Tomorrow's going to be a longgggggggggggg day.

Happy Thursday!

junebug37
04-18-2013, 05:14 AM
I was OP today! Better day and I got so much done! I even started W1D1 of Couch to 5K!! I felt so accomplished!! :) I know the next 2 days will be hard as I'm working nights and sleeping days but I've prepped my meals and my family is trying really hard to be quiet for me so I can sleep! (Yes they are great!!) I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!
It's my official weigh in day so I'm always excited for Thursdays to come around!!!

Have a good one! I'll be snoozing!! Zzzzzzzzzzz :)

SuperCecilia
04-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Hello all -

Healthy - congrats on your healthier dinner choice. It is so true that so much of this journey is being conscious, really thinking about what you want and what would nourish you, instead of eating what's there or just grabbing whatever. I've learned it's never a good thing if I'm distracted of thinking about something else when making a food choice.

Junebug - Congrats on starting C25k! Isn't it great to be excited for weigh-in day?

Kaitie - congrats on another OP day!

Bonnie - in terms of thinking about carbs, one thing that has been a big learning for me is that it is not just "carby" foods like pasta, bread, rice, etc that have carbs. Dairy products, beans, nuts, seeds, and some veggies have carbs, too. It's worked for me to pretty much eliminate sugar, bread, rice, potatoes, etc and get my carbs from those other sources. I think trying to do super-low or no carb would be too tough as it would be just too restrictive. I think it's just a matter of experimenting to find your sweet spot that leaves you feeling satiated and feels sustainable but still lets you lose the weight.

Scale said 206.8 today. Seven pounds to go before I see a "1" on the scale - as in onederland. I was OP yesterday - I felt a little hungry in the evening, about 9 pm, and went and ate a spoonful of hummus. Literally, that was it - a spoonful of hummus. And that was just enough protein and fat and carbs to allow me to not feel hungry and get a good night's sleep. It makes me remember how in the past a feeling like that would lead to microwaving two pieces of leftover pizza, or eating a bunch of tortilla chips and cheese. I am happy about my mini-snack discovery. Planning to get a run in today after my work meeting. Going out to dinner with some friends tonight at a Mexican place and figure I'll get chicken fajitas and just eat the meat and veggies and steer clear of rice and tortillas. And water to drink, of course.

junebug37
04-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Thank you so much SuperCecilia!!! And everyone! You have been an encouragement to me!!

I met my 20lb lost goal! Lost 2lbs this week so my total lost is 20.5! Yay!!

20lbs lost= new purse :) (4/18/13)
25lbs lost= halfway to my goal!! & better running shoes! ~I am starting the $1 in a jar for every workout tip this week to save more for the sneaks I really really want!!~
35lbs lost= pedicure and new jeans!
40lbs lost= TBD :)

:carrot:= 5lbs gone forever!
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

mellowmelon
04-19-2013, 02:00 AM
OP today :) Been eating right all week with no cheats at all. Tonight I had someone bring me some whole wheat bread and raspberry peach jam from Great Harvest....I was SO SAD because I thought I wouldn't be able to eat the jam...but turns out for 1 tbsp (Which is all you really need) it was only 40 cal, and 10 sugar! I felt like it was a treat! It totally curbed by sweet tooth, and after a good workout I feel great tonight :)

SuperCecilia
04-19-2013, 03:18 PM
June - hooray for you for meeting your goal! 20 lbs gone must feel great. Enjoy that new purse. :)

Mellowmelon - way to go for staying on plan. Isn't it amazing to discover that just a little taste of sweet can be enough to satisfy and we don't need a lot?

I did go out for Mexican food last night with two friends. I had a mojito, which has some sugar in it (but other than that is just club soda, rum, mint, and lime) and I got the chicken fajitas as I planned. I did eat two tortillas (of the four I was served), so with the tortillas and the sugar in the mojito, it was over 30 carbs at a meal (which is my limit). But I didn't eat any of the rice I was served, brought home most of the meat and veggies (it was a HUGE portion), and ate the beans and guacamole for more protein and healthy fat. I also drank lots of water. I was full but not stuffed and definitely felt like I could have eaten more but didn't. It felt like a good balance - having a nice night out with friends, having a bit of a splurge but keeping it reasonable. In the past I would have gotten a chimichanga which is deep-fried and high in carbs. Also pleased that I showed a lot of restraint with the chips and salsa and only had a few. I also got a good 3.75 mile run in yesterday afternoon. The scale was up a bit this morning but I figure that is always to be expected after eating out - restaurant meals are always going to be higher in sodium than home-cooked food, which means water retention.

I have things planned for an OP weekend even though it is going to be busy. Making spinach artichoke frittata for dinner. Feeling a little sad and overwhelmed by what is going on in Boston - luckily I am not an emotional eater.

Happy weekend to everyone!

Lotus7
04-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Hey ladies. Sorry I've been a little M.I.A., went out for drinks on Thursday and spent most of yesterday recovering. I just don't have the liver I used to :dizzy:

Healthyliving - I'm in Center City in the Fitler Sqare area, just moved here like 8 months ago and am really enjoying the city.

Junebug - big CONGRATS on hitting the 20 pound mark. I'm hoping I'll be there before vacation at the end of the summer.

I ate OP yesterday but was too out of it to get my workout in. Today is alright so far. I had lunch out with my new employer so I wasn't able to control everything I ate. I just made the best choices I could and stuck to meat and veggies. Got in a nice walk this morning and another one after lunch so I've been pretty active.

Hope everyone will have a good Friday.

Kaitie9399
04-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Happy Friday Everyone!

My show is OVER! Munchkins did pretty well, I'm doing the show earlier in the year next year--there's too many other time commitments for the kids the second half of the year. (and it drives me crazy)

Moderately OP. Although my calories are below 1400, I went to Nathan's for dinner. I've gotta tell you, I couldn't finish the hot dog because the salt content was so high it was burning my mouth. Crazy. Anyway, my plan is to clean the house tomorrow (not too big of a deal), maybe work in the gardens, and definitely OD on my wfp. I did 40 minutes today, but that was just me hoping to burn off some bad tasting hot dog. :-)

Time for bed, I'm exhausted.

Have a super Saturday!

junebug37
04-19-2013, 11:40 PM
I was OP today BUT have realized more and more that my #1 priority/goal for after work is getting enough sleep! Everything just goes much smoother!!

LOTUS- thank you!! You will get there! I was dancing at the weigh in! :)

SUPERCELILIA- thanks for the encouragement! Great job at the Mezican outing! I always get paranoid that I will make a mistake while eating out and trying to stay OP.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!!! I'm roughing it camping with my boys and hopefully won't get rained out!! Fingers crossed!!!

Hoopty
04-19-2013, 11:50 PM
Hello everybody!
Haven't been OP for 2 days now but almost managed to stay within my calorie range. Also, I did alot of cardio and weight training, so I should be fine.
For the past week now I've been really stressed out. Got some personal stuff to deal with and I have so many things I need to get done. I'm trying to hang in there though.

I can't believe there are only 11 days left until the month is over. Crazy!

BonnieL
04-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Almost on plan for last couple days - did everything except all my exercise. Work has been very stressful, so although I really want to be fully OP, I'm glad that I stuck close to being on plan. Am going to focus on getting in all the exercise now.

Cecilia: Thanks for the carb advise. I did Atkins once before, but it was very restrictive and I don't think I can or want to do it again. I don't eat white flour, sugar or white rice either, but do eat beans and nuts & veggies, like you said. I want to start counting carbs, but don't really know how many to have. How did you come up with a limit of 30 per meal? Maybe I'll try that.

Hoopty: My advise, for what it's worth, is to try to stay as close to being on your plan as you can when you can't do everything.

Junebug: Congrats on the loss!

I finally got to 50 pounds off this weeks, it took me about a year and 8 months.

SuperCecilia
04-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Happy weekend friends! The scale said 206.2 this morning, which means down .8 lb this week. Not a huge loss, but I am happy with any loss. I could lose .2 or .4 consistently each week and be content - as long as the scale is going the right direction, I know I'm doing something right. Every little bit gets me closer to my first goal! Did a 35 minute yoga video this morning and helped a friend move so got some exercise in on a busy Saturday. Also I bought a tape measure and took my measurements last night so I've got that as another way to track progress. My waist measurement is 39 1/2 inches, and I know it is recommended to be below 35 for women, so that is tape measure first goal.

Bonnie - I initially started on this journey seeking to follow the insulin resistance diet which recommends no more than 30 g of carbs at a meal, and 15 g of carbs at a snack, and always linked and balanced with protein. For example, for a meal 30 g worth of carbs in grains or bread, with at least 15 g of protein in meat, soy, dairy, or some other protein source. You can find more details if you google, and I think on the "low carb diet" section of 3FC. I personally have found I do better and have less of an appetite when I go even lower than 30 at some meals - for example, a lunch of a big bowl of mixed greens topped with homemade egg salad, or a dinner of roasted pork with a side of squash and broccoli.

Hoopty - hang in there and way to good luck with all the stuff you have to get done.

Junebug - I totally agree that sleep is a top priority and not much else in life works very well without it.

Kaitie - congrats on the show! There is a Nathan's not far from me but I have never eaten there - from your review it sounds like the sodium is pretty overwhelming. You are almost out of the 180s!

Lotus - good call on choosing meat and veggies for your lunch out.

Enjoy the weekend!

Lotus7
04-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Bonnie - good on you for hitting that 50 pound mark! That must feel amazing.

Today was pretty relaxed for me. I got a short walk in before lunch but was just feeling unmotivated to go for a proper run....there's always tomorrow. Eating was OP. DBF is out of town for the weekend so I'm experimenting with some low-carb recipes. I made some AMAZING sweet potato pancakes which I will definitely be putting into my recipe library. They were so good, I might have them again for breakfast tomorrow :D

Kaitie9399
04-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Hello Everyone!

I am OP for the day and I totally did 165 minutes of wfp--I know, I'm crazy!! TOM will be playing interference so I thought I'd try and keep him at bay, maybe smash through him...who knows. Anyway. My body feels different, leaner. I can't wait for my old clothes to fit again but sadly, the last time I lost weight every time I went down a size I got rid of the clothes that didn't fit anymore so I really only have my fat clothes and my skinny clothes. I don't have anything in between. And then the logical part of me is saying 'don't buy new clothes, just be patient and you'll fit into your old skinny clothes soon enough' So. ho-hum. I guess I'll just have to wait a little bit longer. I'm almost to the 170's. My goal is to be 179.8 before May 1st so I hope so. I'm 1.4 pounds away and there are 10 days left in the month--I can do it! 160 seems a whole lot closer now. 21.2 pounds to go. Yeah! Anyway, I guess I'm chatty tonight.

Have a peaceful Sunday!

Hoopty
04-21-2013, 01:58 AM
Ugh. Today was one of the worst days I've had in a while, mentally that is. I laid in bed all day. Only got about 30 min of fresh air. On top of that, I had way too many calories since I ate mixed nuts like crazy. I didn't have an appetite, nor did I feel hungry at all. In fact, I only had a banana for breakfast and 2 bites of whole-grain spaghetti with tomatoes and spinach. The rest were nuts, 3 chocolate bars and a little bit of chinese food ARRGGHHH!!! exactly what I've been trying to avoid. What's really weird though is that I feel like my legs are starting to shrink. My pants are getting much more loose on me, even my workout pants. I'm definitely gonna use that as my motivation!

Starting tomorrow, I wanna do a 3-day Detox and include Yoga/stretching exercises rather than doing my regular workout. I know the first day will be really hard for me but I'm just gonna have to hold my breath and dive in. I feel like it will help me to get back on track, not only because I'm gonna eat GOOD foods but also because it'll give me something to focus on.

SuperCecilia - Thanks so much! Also, YAY on the measurement tape! I didn't know that 35 inches was recommended for women...
BonnieL - Thanks and CONGRATS on the 50 pounds! :)

Excited for tomorrow. I'm already drinking tons of water now since I had so so so much sodium today :/

Good night and have a great and successful Sunday! :)

Kaitie9399
04-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Wahoo!!!! Super OD exercise Saturday worked!! TOM's interference has been intercepted (for now)!!!!! Down to a flat 180.0 today. .2 more pounds to go to meet my April goal AND to say 'Hello!!!' to the 170's.

I'm excited Yep, yep, yep. Wahoo!!!!!

BonnieL
04-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Was OP today. Am sooo tired! Spent the entire weekend food shopping, cooking food for the week and exercising. The time goes so quick- but I'm glad I did it and hope to stay OP this week, even though I know work is going to be very tough this week. I have all my food prepared, so hopefully that will help.

Cecilia: Thanks for the tips. I will definately look into low carb diets, I didn't even know there was something called insulin resistan diet- I definately could use that.

Hoopty: hang in there! i feel for you & have been there many time with my own eating.

Lotus: Thanks for all the support and encouragement!

Katie: sounds like you are loosing lots of little bit- great work! they do tend to add up.

Hoopty
04-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Phew. I survived Detox Day #1! Tomorrow is gonna be hard for me, I can feel it. It was beautiful outside so we went for a 1-hour walk.

Have a great start of a new week everyone!

junebug37
04-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Ugh....just ugh! I have been camping in the mud and cold all weekend! walked through so much mud my legs are sore!! Stayed OP all Saturday, then broke down after lots of guilt and had 2 pieces of chocolate!! THEN 1/2 of a "smore" I just gave in to the temptation...... plain and simple!! I have not felt very well all weekend with sore lower back, headaches, and extreme fatigue which sounds like my body'a version of TOM. Also I know I didn't get enough water in!! Then today i was OP until a quick get together with friends and I tried some dip with chips! Had more than I should and now I'm not hungry for my planned meal! I feel so gross and FAT right now! I feel like I have just ruined my huge goal I met last week! I will start tomorrow off right and try to stay on plan for the rest of the week! I weigh in Thursday!

The most I can hope for is to have not gained any weight this week!! Hope everyone has had a good weekend! Wish you all a wonderful Monday!

:carrot: = 5lbs lost

Kaitie9399
04-22-2013, 12:03 AM
Good Evening Everyone!

junebug: It doesn't sound like you broke the bank with calories, I bet you'll be just fine for your weigh in on Thursday.

I'm OP for the day and even though I didn't feel like exercising, I did. 65 minutes of wfp. Now, it's 11 pm and time for this chick-a-dee to go to sleep!

Have a great Monday everyone!

mellowmelon
04-22-2013, 03:39 AM
Op for the whole week! Whoot!

Today was my cheat meal, so my dad grilled up some yummy hamburgers and we had vegetables with them. It was delicious! I was happy about it because it was just enough of a cheat to make it FEEL like a cheat, but when you really break down the calories, it's not that bad :)

I work at a health clinic (i'm a phlebotomist), so I have been weighing myself there. My scale at home is kind of all over the place, so i'll be excited to weigh in tomorrow at work and see if I have lost anything over the weekend! If my scale at home is even close to right, I will have lost around 8 pounds in 10 days! Crazy good for just starting out! But, to be purely honest, that scale is nutszo so I think it will be more around six, but hey! I'll take it!! :)

Well, I hope I can stay OP this week, it will be EXTREMELY difficult because it is finals week for me, so i'll be spending most of my time at the library studying and then straight to work. This is when I was tempted the most to go get fast food, so I'll need to make sure I make my meals the night before and be prepared!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Monday!

Kaitie-Don't you just feel proud of yourself when you REALLY don't feel like working out, but you do anyways? I feel like that is when I am my strongest :)

JuneBug- Girl, WE ALL HAVE THOSE DAYS!! :) Don't beat yourself up! This is the time where you can decide between two things. You can wallow in your so called "Failure" or you can be as determined as ever to see that drop on the scale on Thursday. I know you can do it!

SuperCecilia
04-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Lotus - your sweet potato pancakes sound yummy. please share the recipe. I have found that sweet potato is a good carb for me.

Kaitie - congrats on how you zoomed through the 180s. It is great to see how encouraged and enthusiastic you feel.

Mellow - good luck with finals!

Junebug - Sorry you haven't been feeling well and that your camping trip wasn't more pleasant. While you did go off plan, it doesn't sound like you got too carried away. Don't let it get you down.

Hoopty - congrats on your hour walk outdoors. That should be great both for your metabolism and your mindset. What does your detox look like?

I have good news and bad (not really so bad) news to report this morning. First, the good is that I had another "whoosh" and the scale said 204.6 this morning! I am down nearly 8 pounds since the end of March. I have never lost weight this quickly before and am used to really fighting for every ounce. Wow! I am almost worried I am losing too fast - I want this to last and to be sustainable. But I am also excited to get to onederland, and to have a good weigh-in when I go see my endocrinologist in two weeks, and to look good when I go visit family in mid-May.

So my not-so-good news. I went off plan on Saturday. I didn't sleep well at all on Friday night (got to bed late, and then had a hard time falling asleep then woke up at 5 am and couldn't fall back asleep - ugh). At breakfast I had leftover spinach-artichoke frittata (tasty and on-plan) but also had a thick slice of cinnamon-raisin bread toast which has white flour and sugar. I mean, it's not like eating a donut, but still higher in simple carbs than I have been doing. I experienced my three pm hunger hit like I used to when I ate carbs in the morning. I was at a work event where there were sun chips, and I ate some. The good news is that I put some chips in the bowl, went and sat down and ate them, I didn't stand there and nosh (which is how I can put away hundreds of calories in a few minutes), and I had a piece of cheese to at least try to have some protein, too. Sun chips are higher in fiber than regular potato chips, but who I am kidding - this was not on plan eating. However, it is not a failure but a learning experience! I have gained valuable information that will serve me in making good future decisions!

1) Sleep is non-negotiable for me. For my mental health/mood, and for making good food choices, sleep has to be a priority.
2) Eating refined carbs in the morning (white flour or sugar) even if paired with good protein doesn't work for me as it will lead to increased appetite and carb or sugar cravings later in the day.

So - onward and upward! I danced last night, and planning to run this afternoon. DBF picked out a kale and garbanzo bean salad recipe that I will make for us for dinner tonight (so great that DBF is working to lower his cholesterol as I am trying to lose weight as we are both trying to make healthy eating choices).

It's the last full week of April! Let's make it a good one. I would personally love to get to an even 204 by the end of April as that would put me in a good place to hit onederland in May.

Hoopty
04-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Good afternoon everybody!

SuperCecilia - It's crazy how food has a different effect on different bodies. If I were to not have any carbs in the morning, I'd be hungry 2 hours later. When I first started getting into healthy eating about 2 years ago I tried having only protein for breakfast and that did not work out for me at all. Also, I don't think that your "bad news" are that bad especially since you're aware of what you "did". Enjoy your salad later and then tomorrow you can be 100% again.
As far as my Detox is concerned, I try to eat raw and fresh fruits, vegetables and nuts. I'm not a fan of replacing every meal for a smoothie, so what I do is cut up my food and eat everything slowly. Yesterday, I had more fruits than vegetables to make the first day easier on myself (1 apple, 1 pear, 2 bananas, 1 kiwi, strawberries, 1 red bell pepper, unsweetened almond milk and 1/4 cup of peanuts all spread out during the day) and today I want to throw in as many green leafy veggies as possible. My breakfast consisted of 1/4 cup oatmeal cooked in 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk + 1 banana + a couple of strawberries. I'll post what I ate when I check back tonight!

9 days left until May! My goal is to be back in the 130s so I really hope that this Detox will serve as a jump start for me to get back on track. Tomorrow is actually my weigh-in day and let me tell ya - I'M SCURRREED!

BonnieL
04-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Tough day at work! Mostly OP, only off thing was didn't drink enough water, but overall it was a relatively good health plan day.

Cecilia: You are so close to onederland!! I'm sure you'll get there soon!

Lotus7
04-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Happy Monday everyone!

Cecilia - It sounds like you are making some great progress and learning valuable lessons about how your body responds to certain foods. Keep it up! Here is the recipe for the sweet potato pancakes. http://nateandkatefitness.blogspot.com/2013/02/simple-sweet-potato-protein-pancakes.html The picture is deceiving though. Mine were much cuter:D

I didn't do so well yesterday. I had some sugar/carb cravings that I haven't seen in a while. I did give in but I ate MUCH less than I did before. Even if I'm giving in to a craving, my body knows when its full now and I can't really overeat. I have been keeping my carbs quite low so the only thing I can think it might be is a reaction to the sweet potatoes I had. So, I'll try them again next week to see if that is what it is. I hope not b/c those pancakes were super tasty.

Today was back OP. I took an early morning walk and also got a skating session in in the evening. I should have drank more water than I did so I will be paying attention to that tomorrow. Otherwise, all good here.

Hoopty
04-23-2013, 01:58 AM
Survived Detox Day #2! I struggled towards the end of the day but I managed to stay OP.

For lunch I had broccoli, a red bell pepper and a smoothie (unsweetened almond milk + collard greens + 1/2 apple + 1/2 banana + 1/2 kiwi + a couple of strawberries).

I will write down all my measurements as soon as I get up and then weigh-in later in the afternoon when my Husband and I go to the gym.

Good night everyone!

junebug37
04-23-2013, 05:22 AM
Mellowmelon: Thank you! I chose not to dwell on the negatives but to realize what I can do differently next time!

SuperCecilia: I know that I am my biggest critic so I think everything is worse than it really is! Turned out not as bad as I thought it would be. I know my body recognized something different because I felt sluggish! So I just kept thinking I must have gained!

junebug37
04-23-2013, 05:28 AM
So I stayed OP all day today!! I finished W1D2 of the C25K! It was harder to complete than D1 but I know its because of all the slugging I did through the mud all weekend!

I could not stand to wait for the weigh in on Thursday so I decided to get an official weigh in at the MRC clinic. I was so pleasantly surprised by what was on that scale that I did a little happy dance!! Like this one---> :carrot:

Lost 1.5 since Thursday (while eating the smoresssss) So my total loss is 22 pounds!!! I am so super excited just to have lost anything!!

I never have time to reply to everyone's posts as I usually come here on my breaks but I want everyone to know I'm always thinking of yall and hoping to send some encouraging vibes your way! Here we go Tuesday!! :p

:carrot:= 5 pounds GONE

SuperCecilia
04-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Good morning friends,

Junebug - congrats on your loss, and on completing more of the C25k progress. 22 pounds is really significant!

Hoopty - your smoothies sound great. Sounds like the detox is going well.

Lotus - thanks for the recipe. Am sure yours were way cute. :)

Scale said 204.6 again so my whoosh is "sticking" for a second day. I swear I can feel that I have less of a belly. Looking in the mirror I have less of a muffin top. Very pleased that what I am losing, at least in part, is coming off of the belly.

Also, I called the owner of the awesome new yoga studio and it turns out they have a work-study option. Sweet! So I can run some errands for her during the week or edit some text for their website and facebook and take class for free! This is great news as I really enjoy the class and it is a good weekend but can't afford to pay for it regularly. I took class last night and it was really good, and look forward to making this a regular Monday thing.

Hoopty
04-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Congrats junebug37! Soon, you can add another dancing carrot to that group ;)

My measurements are all the same since last week which I am happy with. As long as I don't gain anything, I'm good! I'm scared to hop on the scale later though...Gosh I hope, it'll be good news =/

Cloudy day over here in New York. Gotta run some errands and all that fun stuff.

Good day everyone!

BonnieL
04-23-2013, 09:11 PM
off, off, off plan today. am really struggling not to go too far adrift. ate fried shrimp (made with white flour and a sweet sauce) and about 1000 too many calories. trying to stop eating any more today. was just so hungry that stopped on the way home & ate up all those shrimp instead of hitting the exercisr :(

Hoopty
04-23-2013, 11:09 PM
Not OP today and I also didn't get to weigh-in, so I'll just do that tomorrow.
Aside from eating a healthy breakfast and lunch I had a couple of Oreos and 3 ice cream bars but I don't feel guilty or anything. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day!

Kaitie9399
04-24-2013, 12:05 AM
OP and sad.

Charlie booger is not going to last much longer. When I lost Sarah Jane I said that I would never again put an animal to sleep and I just keep hoping that Charlie will pass on his own so that I don't have to do that again--it felt all wrong, I know she was struggling but it still just felt wrong. I don't want Charlie to suffer. I'm sad.

SuperCecilia
04-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Hoopty and Bonnie - best wishes is getting back on the wagon. Today is a new day!

Kaitie - hugs. Sorry about your situation with Charlie - I've never had a pet but can't imagine how hard it would be to face the choice of watching an animal you care for suffer or to have to put it to sleep. My heart goes out to you! Oh, and I just looked at your ticker - congrats on getting out of the 180s!

It's TOM - which means that I was tired yesterday and couldn't get a workout in. It also means that I am a bit (okay, more than a bit) irrationally emotional and little things which would normally just irk me are really bothering me or hurting my feelings. So trying to take a deep breath and say, "okay, they are just hormones. A feeling is just a feeling and it's not my whole self, and it will pass." But the good news is that I DON'T have a migraine - I've been struggling with menstrual migraines for a year and a half so am on a new BCP. I think the lower carb diet probably helps as well.

And the scale was down again a bit today - 204.2. I am wearing a pair of pants which used to be so tight they left red marks around the waist (yes, I was in denial that they didn't fit) and now they feel great and look good and I can actually put my hands in the pockets. Got off to a good start with my yogurt with frozen berries, spinach, chia seeds, and fresh ginger for breakfast. If I'm not too wiped out from TOM, I plan to go for a run in the evening after dinner.

junebug37
04-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Hoopty- Thank you! Thats what I'm hoping for!

Bonnie-best wishes to getting back OP, I had a bad few days this weekend!! You will come back around!

SuperCecilia- Doesn't it feel great to put on clothes that didn't fit right before and realizing they feel great now?!! Great feeling!

I was OP yesterday & completed W1D2 of C25K. It was ok, let's just say I got through it!! I don't know what has been going on with my energy levels lately though!!! I feel wiped out every day!! I have so much to do here at home and I have to work the next 2 nights 12 hour shifts!! Ugh! I tried the B-12 supplements but I don't think its working! I don't want to chug caffeine all day either (yuck) :(

ANY TIPS TO KEEP MY ENERGY LEVEL UP?

1 :carrot:= 5 POUNDS LOST

mellowmelon
04-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Well, finals have been taking over my life. I have been eating well and have not given into the temptation of fast food, but have not exercised at all this week :( It's SO hard to find the time when I really need to study instead. Hopefully I will be able to lose some weight without the exercising :/ .

But in good news, the scale read 244.0 yesterday!! That means I have lost 6 pounds in 10 days!! I'm happy about that!

Hope everyone is having a successful week~

BonnieL
04-24-2013, 08:30 PM
hanging on by my fingernails. ate ok today, but didnt exercise again. now just want to get through the work week without doing any damage & get fully back on track this weekend

Healthyliving459587
04-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Haven't been on for a couple of days. Over the weekend, I came to realize I probably wasn't going to be interviewed for a job I really wanted. I was really angry but I didn't let it stop me from eating right and working out. Believe it or not, the workout helped alleviate some of the anger. On Monday, it was confirmed that I was not selected for the interview process. I was shocked and disappointed because I am qualified for the job. I spent some time on the phone sharing the news and it got late but I still made time for exercise and felt so much better.

The one thing I like about following the points and exercising is that I may not have control over everything in my life but I have control of what I put into my mouth and how physically active I am. Exercise really boosts my mood and makes me feel powerful and in control. The scale is moving slowly, but its moving and I have control over that too. I look and feel better and I learned not to be an emotional eater. I used to eat because I was happy or sad to squelch my feelings. Now, I head down the basement and do some Tae Bo with Billy Blank or ride my stationary bike and get engrossed in a magazine.

Since I didn't get an interview, I broke ties with the job and I am looking in a new direction. Like Piglet from Winnie the Pooh says, "When things don't go the way you planned, make the best of it". I realize that there is probably something better out there for me.:cheer:

Hoopty
04-24-2013, 10:07 PM
Good evening everybody,

Seems like some of us didn't get to workout at all :/
After 4 days I finally went back to the gym and also had my weigh-in. I'm happy to say that I'm finally back in the 130s, yaay! 139.8 lbs to be exact. That's the weight that I had left off at about 1.5 months ago before my PMS bingeing kicked in which led me to gain 3.6 lbs. I feel so motivated and determined to eat right and workout. I've actually been looking around online for good workout gear for the summer. Would like to get some Nike Dri Fit or Under Armour HeatGear stuff but dang, they're super expensive! Thank God there's eBay.

Today was OP. I ate a lot after the gym but it was mostly mixed vegetables, tomatoes, greek yogurt and whole-grain spaghetti so nothing bad.

Healthyliving459587 - Sorry to hear about the interview! :( But Piglet is right - it was probably not meant to be and I'm sure you will find something that makes you happy! Just keep your chin up!

SuperCecilia - Ugh, don't we all hate TOM :/ It's actually right around the corner for me and I'm really, really scared that the PMDD is gonna take over again. May I ask what a typical day for you looks like regarding the lower carb diet? What kinds of carbs do you eat? I'm guessing no refined ones but is there a special rule you follow?

Kaitie9399
04-25-2013, 12:18 AM
Moderately OP. Calories are fine, sodium intake is a little high. Sad.

SuperCecilia
04-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Good morning all,

Hoopty - if you go to the "mini-goals" section and search, I recently posted a post called "eleven pounds down and finally found what works for me" that details what I am doing and gives a typical menu. Basically, eat more often but smaller amounts, focus on protein and healthy fat (avocado, nuts, seeds, eggs, organic dairy, etc), almost no sugar, and few to no grains (bread, rice, pasta, etc). I get carbs from beans, lentils, nuts, sweet potatoes, lower GI fruit, and shoot to have my total number of carbs in a day be around 100, though I'm not too strict in measuring and counting at this point because I seem to be able to lose without it.
Yes, TOM is tough - I've had debilitating menstrual migraines in the past, and I woke up this morning with a very small headache but nothing compared to the whoppers I have had in the past. A little low energy, which means I will move slower today but that's okay. I often tell my DBF that he doesn't realize how lucky he is to not have to deal with hormonal shifts (except, wait...he has to deal with MY hormonal shifts! LOL!)

Healthyliving - good on you for having such a positive attitude. And wonderful that working out was able to help you manage your emotions in a healthy way. It does help one feel more in control, plus getting those endorphins going is always a great thing for mood.

Bonnie - hang on! You can do it!

Mellow - congrats on your loss! Yay!

Kaitie - hugs!

I did get a run in last night - slower pace than usual (I think my average pace according to iPod was 12:45 mile or so) but did more than four miles. It started to shower lightly while I was running and then it cleared up and I saw on rainbow! Eating was OP as well - had a work thing where bagels were served but I planned ahead and had an earlier lunch of a scrambled egg, black beans, and some cauliflower. Scale was up this morning but I am used to fluctuations (especially during TOM) and I know I'm on the right track so I don't let a random high number on the scale throw me. Funny to think that what I consider a "high" number would have had me jumping for joy three or four weeks ago - gives me good perspective!

Okay - off to work on one of my other goals currently besides weight loss which is decluttering! I've already got a stack of stuff to take to goodwill and plan to make it bigger!

Lotus7
04-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Hey ladies. Sorry I've been off the grid. Its been a busy week (started a new job) and I've allowed myself to fall off track a bit :(

Kaitie - I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie. I've had to put two of my pets down. This was over 10 years ago and I haven't been able to get a pet since. You're in my thoughts.

Today I said I will let myself have one meal where I can have what I feel I'm missing and then back on track. Weird thing was nothing tasted as amazing as I had imagined in my head and I couldn't even finish. So now that I've had my little awakening, I am back on track as of NOW.

I'm going to keep going with the low carb high fat (LCHF) because that seems to be what is working best for me in terms of cravings/hunger and where I see and feel the results quite quickly. My mini-goal is to lose about 7-8 pounds or one dress size by my friends wedding June 1. Check in with you guys tomorrow!

BonnieL
04-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi everyone! Finally a fully OP day for me!

Cecilia - what you are doing sounds a lot like what I am doing :)

Katie - sorry about yor pet, sounds very hard

Hoopty- congrats on getting back to where you were - that must feel good

Lotus - hope you are enjoying the new job & congrats on getting it!

Hoopty
04-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Good morning girls,

Wasn't 100% OP yesterday. My Husband brought back those chocolate hazelnut rolled wafers and I had a couple but nothing too serious.

SuperCecilia - I checked out that thread and what you're doing sounds really good. I avoid "heavy" carbs and try to eat low GI foods at night.

I'm gonna head to the gym in a little while. Wish you all a great day!

SuperCecilia
04-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Hello friends,

Hoopty - ooh, I know about those chocolate hazelnut rolled wafers... ;) Hope you had a good gym workout!

Lotus - interesting how those our tastebuds seem to change and food that we think we crave no longer are as good. I had a few bites of some apple pastry thing (fried, lots of sugar) a few days ago and it was a little icky and too sweet to me...so much that I made myself a cup of coffee to get the sweet taste out of my mouth.

Bonnie - hurray for on OP day!

I went out to dinner last night with a friend to a Japanese restaurant. I had a bowl of miso soup for an appetizer (very few carbs) and got two orders of six sushi rolls - avocado/cream cheese/smoked salmon and asparagus/sundried tomato/pine nut. I didn't eat two of the asparagus ones - brought them home and will probably have as a snack later. On one hand, I'm glad I didn't eat the last two rolls, because I easily could have. But I also could have probably passed on four instead of just two. Learning experience.Of course, these have rice so are higher in carbs than what I have been doing. But got some good veggies and protein in there and didn't feel like went overboard. Enjoyed a glass of white wine with it, and, again, was tempted to order a second glass but didn't (too many carbs and too pricey at $7 a glass!)

Didn't weigh today because I figured I would be up from water retention (sodium in soy sauce!) I took a dance class last night so got some good exercise in. On plan so far today with greek yogurt/berries/chopped nuts for breakfast, and just had some soy nuts for a mid-morning boost. Again, I am going out to dinner with friends (yeah, having a bit of burst in my social life, I guess!) and planning on just doing veggies and protein, and if I'm given a huge portion, will bring along a tupperware to bring some home.

junebug37
04-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Went for my 2nd official weigh in this week. Here's how it went: Walked in (wearing jeans = #1 NO NO!!!!!). In the afternoon (#2 NO NO for me). Already feeling bloated (ICK!!!). Right after eating lunch with no time to process! (#3 or 4 NO NO) All this = a small gain!! :( ick ick ick ick..... also I'm still not getting in the correct amounts of water each day either!! So working on that too!

OP for Thursday! Mostly because I worked Wednesday night, had my meal replacement and then slept all day! No time for cheats I guess!

I hope everyone has a great Friday! We can overcome any obstacles in our way!

Kaitie9399
04-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Off plan for the day. It's been a sucky, sucky week.

Hoopty
04-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Hello gals,

I had one of the best days in a long time! As soon as I woke up I felt super energetic and motivated. Today was actually supposed to be a cheat-day. My Husband bought a Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix yesterday that we were gonna make but I was like "You know what, I'd rather be OP today". I was SO proud and felt super happy about that :) (let me tell you...the whole mix has 3360 cal, can you believe it? :-O We would only have made half of it but still)

We went to the gym and, as usual, I hopped on the treadmill first. This is exactly what I did:

0:00min - 3:00min: Walk at 3 mph, incline 1
3:00min - 43:00min: Run at 6.5mph, incline 1
43:00min - 45:00min: Cool down at 3 mph and 2.5 mph, incline 0

TOTAL: 4.6 miles in 45min, yaaaaaay! I usually run for about 30min but today I felt like I had all the energy in the world and I ran an extra 10min with no break in between. Afterwards, I worked out every muscle in my body and I felt great.

As far as food is concerned, I did stay OP with my calories even though I had a couple of the chocolate hazelnut rolled wafers, 3 scoops of coconut ice cream and 3 oreo cookies. However, for lunch/post-workout I "only" had 1/2 block of tofu, a tomato, some red onions, mixed vegetables and greek yogurt with strawberries + 1/2 pear. Breakfast + dinner were low-cal as well, so everything worked out with my calories.

We've decided that we're gonna have our cheat-day on May 3rd, so exactly in a week from now, since we're gonna be going to the movies to see "Iron Man 3". I got about 3-5 days until PMS so I'm really scared but determined to stay strong and not give in on the other days.

SuperCecilia - I love Sushi and I could probably eat a whole bunch. How was your second night out?

junebug37 - I giggled at your post because of the "NO NO"'s :D Don't worry about the small weight gain, like you said: jeans, different time, bloating, right after lunch. You should be fine! How much water do you drink and how much do you aim for?

junebug37
04-26-2013, 11:22 PM
hoopty- My center recommends to divide your current weight in half and drink that many oz. So I have to aim for about 84oz total throughout the day. Plus I have to drink 3 protein shakes with 12oz water in them but of course those oz don't count as only water. I just finished my last glass. And I found an app for my phone where I can check off the glasses when I drink them. Its already helped today!

Stayed OP today...... until the hubs and kids had ice cream and my willpower went out the freaking window!!!!! ;( BUT I only had about 3-4 spoonfuls (like tasting all of their flavors LOL). I really hope it does not effect my weight loss too much!!
We have baseball games tomorrow morning so I will get some exercising in there and then hope to go on a bike ride with the boys!

Also started a 30 day squat challenge and completed day 1 (50 squats)
This is a big deal for me because I HATE SQUATS!! :)

Still have to complete W1D3 too!!!!!

Have a great Saturday everyone!!! I am trying to update every day for inspiration and to keep track of how I'm doing!

:carrot:= 5lbs lost

Lotus7
04-27-2013, 11:29 AM
Yesterday was OP. I actually took it super low carb just to kind of reset my system so I was not feeling 100%. But got a good run in in the morning and just relaxed around the house the rest of the day.

BonnieL
04-27-2013, 04:40 PM
just tryi g to hang on and not do any damage

I feel so sad, I'm not sure why - maybe TOM is ciming, but it is hard to do anything now.

I took my weight this morning. I usually only track it once a month,at end of month, but I am down about 6 pounds for the month, and telling myself, just hang on as close to plan as you can, I am far from doing everything on my plan which has a lot of little things, but trying to do the biggest things, and that 6 pounds for the month will be good - so I am trying really hard not to go eat a lot of really bad stuff, which is what my body wants to do right now.

SuperCecilia
04-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Hello friends

Bonnie - congrats on six pounds lost this month. That is awesome. Sorry to hear that you are feeling sad - I hope that you can feel some self-compassion and do some self-care and find a way to nurture yourself. Hang on!

Lotus - keep up the good work!

Junebug - congrats on the squats! Yes, I've done some of those weigh in non-nos. :)

Hoopty - your treadmill work out sounds awesome.

Kaitie - sorry you had a bad week. Hope this next one is better.

So my second night out to eat wasn't so great. I ordered a grass-fed beef burger and took off the top bun (good). They had a variety of sides, and I ordered steamed chard (way better choice than fries, or anything else). Also had a glass of red wine. One of my friends and I split a pie of key lime pie. I mean, it wasn't huge, and we did split it, but still. I know it was more food than I needed. I'm hoping to avoid going out to eat for a while as it's just too easy to overdo. Still, I am pleased with the healthy choices I did make. I was tempted to get fries but then didn't want to have to admit it to you all!

On plan today - I've been doing a lot of cooking from the Blood Sugar Solution cookbook. Basically it is the plan I've already come up with on my own - cut out sugar and processed carbs, focus on good protein and fat, nuts, seeds, lentils, beans, low-GI fruit (like berries), and veggies. Except he recommends cutting out gluten and dairy which I'm not prepared to do. Anyway, made some asparagus with roasted garlic and caramelized onions for lunch and trying one of his salmon recipes for dinner.

Feeling a little discouraged today, when I am usually pretty optimistic. I think it is just hitting home how far I have to go - instead of saying "wow! I'm down 13 pounds!" I'm thinking, "wait a minute, I've got fifty or more pounds to go." But just not letting that overwhelm me and staying with good choices. It's beautiful weather - I got out for 45 minute brisk walk yesterday and plan to get another one this evening.

Kaitie9399
04-28-2013, 01:10 AM
Hello Everyone,

OP for the day. Did 120 minutes of wfp and walked the dog.

Thanks SuperCecilia. I know what you mean about having the joy of losing 13 pounds and then the realization of how much further you have to go. That's why I like tickers. They are a visual reminder of just how far I've come--and I get super excited when I get to change it to a lower number. Seeing the bar move somehow makes the giant task of losing it all seem more attainable and possible. Keep up the good work. 13 pounds is almost 15 pounds! Then 15 pounds is almost 20....and 20 is ......you get my drift.

Have a super Sunday everyone.

Lotus7
04-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Good day yesterday. Got a good run in in the morning and kept my carbs under 40g for the day which is what I'm aiming for. DBF just told me that we were invited to dinner this week and the guy is cooking a ramen dish!! Come on now. One main dish and carb-loaded. What do you guys do in this situation?

Hoopty
04-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Hello everybody!

I wasn't OP yesterday. I ate Greek Yogurt with strawberries + pear + oatmeal for breakfast and then for lunch I had 1/2 block of tofu + 1 tomato + 1/2 avocado + some cooked red onions + eggwhites and 1 oreo cookie. I wasn't really hungry for anything big which is very unusual for me. Then later that afternoon we went to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things for dinner and I was SO close to picking up donuts but decided to get a small can of baked beans instead (yay for that!). So then for dinner I only had that but ended up eating 2 ice cream sandwiches, 2 oreo cookies and 2 slices of toast with PBJ. Gaaaahhhhh! I felt super bored and annoyed all day long. I think PMS is finally hitting me :/ The thing is, I wasn't really craving any of that stuff and I could've said no like I did at the store but I was so bored that I ate anyways. Stupid me. Today is a new day. I'm alone since my Husband went to the Mets game so I'm gonna focus on eating right, working out and I'm also getting a haircut, woohoo! I'm gonna try to get a good workout in, especially LOTS of cardio.

BonnieL - Hang in there! I'm with you!
Lotus7 - That's a difficult situation you're in. It would probably be rude not to eat any of the ramen dish so maybe you could ask for only a tiny bowl and load up on the other stuff your host is gonna cook (if there is gonna be any?!).
SuperCecilia - I hope you're feeling better today. You only got a couple more to go until you hit onderland, try to focus on that! :)

Will talk to you all later. Have a great day!

SuperCecilia
04-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Hi friends,

Thanks for your encouraging words. The scale said 203 today, which means I am at 15 pounds lost since the middle of February, and nearly ten pounds lost in the month of April alone since really limiting carbs. And Kaitie, you are right, 15 is almost 20...just have to keep focusing on one step at a time. Onederland is so close - maybe 2 weeks away? I was happy the scale was down this week after eating out twice and not being totally OP. Today have been OP. Didn't get an official workout in but took an afternoon walk with DBF which was very nice.

Lotus - oh, man, ramen? That is rough. I agree with hoopty - try to just have a small portion. Maybe make sure to eat something before you go so that you aren't super hungry?

Hoopty - Sorry about the PMS - I feel for you since I was just there! This too shall pass.

Kaitie - yep, I should get myself a ticker. Not terribly tech savvy but I am sure I can figure it out.

Hoopty
04-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Hey guys,

100% OP. I ran 5 miles in 43 Min today and felt very happy. Got a good workout in afterwards and ate lots of veggies and very high-protein food (tofu, black beans). Also, my grocery store had Dole spinach on sale so I got around to make myself a nice smoothie (8 oz. vanilla soymilk, 5 strawberries, 1/2 apple, a handful of spinach).

Feeling blah-blah today. I hopped on the scale after my workout at the gym and it said 142.something lbs. I hope that's just water retention due to PMS and my sodium-intake last night (can of baked beans). It should be though...I didn't have a crazy high-calorie day this week. May have gone a little over my calorie"limit" but nothing that could lead to a 2-3 lbs weight gain. I'll just wait until my weigh-in on Wednesday.

Well, I'm hoping to hear good news from you all! Have a great night!

junebug37
04-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Hi everyone!! I think the weekends are so much harder to get through than the normal everyday stuff during the week! The hubby has no weight issues and I can't expect him to drastically change his eating because of me. He has respected my choices and fully supports me so I am doing the same for him! With that being said, he loves his JUNK! He took us (boys & I) to an ice cream place and was insistent that I would be ok having a fruit smoothie! Hello FEEDER!!?? NO!! NO!! My plan does not include that type of dairy or carbs!!
SO they had ice cream and I had a taste of each of theirs. Thats on me, and my willpower to leave that types of food alone! Which for the last week has been ZERO! Ever since that first piece of chocolate last weekend camping I have opened pandoras box of cravings!! UGH!

So i did stay pretty OP this weekend and was my normally active self with baseball games we coached. Then we tok 4 boys aged 6-9 to a minor league baseball game! I had fun! Had to stop at a grocery store for a salad so I could have something to eat!! :)

I did get in 25 squats each day of this weekend. 25 is all I did..... :(

I may not make my official weigh in tomorrow morning because my youngest might need an x-ray on his knee! He actually has a sports injury at 6 years old! :( Probably just a pulled muscle but I want to make sure thats all it is!!! Trying not to stress out too much because I have realized the more stressed I am, the worse I feel, the less I lose... etc!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday and have more willpower than I do!! :)

:p= 5 pounds lost

:p:p:p:p

BonnieL
04-28-2013, 09:39 PM
no exercise today, but eating ok

still sad, but not as bad as yesterday

trying to hang on till i cen get back fully on track

thanks for the encourageing words!M!

Kaitie9399
04-29-2013, 12:06 AM
Good Evening Everyone!

OP for the day--calories a little high because I had to eat birthday cake, what sucks is that it wasn't even that good. Anyway, OP and I did 90 minutes of wfp. I hope the scale moves down tomorrow but if not I'm ok with it. I started the month at 187.6 and I'm at 179.8 that's almost 8 pounds--usually my body only cooperates enough to lose 6 or 7 pounds so wahoo! I can't believe it's already May!

Have a happy and OP Monday everyone!

Lotus7
04-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. I think you're right. I'll have a bit of the ramen and load up on whatever else around that is OP (and have a snack before I go).

Junebug - Hope the little one is ok. I understand your situation with DH. My other half loses weight by just thinking about it. He tries to be supporting but he does not understand what I struggle with, so that can be a bit frustrating at times.

Yesterday was good for me. Took two long walks and eating was OP. So far so good...hoping I can just keep up the same momentum throughout the summer (adjusting as necessary). Ready for May!

SuperCecilia
04-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Hoopty - congrats on your run. 5 miles is significant. I'm working my way up to completing that kind of distance.

Junebug - My DBF is super slender and muscular and can eat whatever, so I can related to your struggle!

Bonnie - keep hanging on!

Lotus - keep up the good work.

Look, everybody! I got a ticker! Doing okay with eating so far today -I was at a meeting that ran long and I was offered peanut butter crackers. More carbs than I would usually eat for a snack, but not a huge amount (18 g) and it had some protein and it felt like a better choice than letting myself stay hungry. As soon as I finish my laundry I'm going to go work out - rainy today so I have a kickboxing exercise DVD I got from Netflix I am going to try! Excited to be so close to onederland!

Hoopty
04-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Feeling super down today. I had hot flashes last night and again right now and I have no idea why. I usually never get those. For some reason, my appetite is somewhere down in the basement. I don't feel hungry at all and I'm not in the mood to eat anything. Well, I'll take that over binging any day. I plan on either going to the gym for some cardio or just going for a long walk.

SuperCecilia - Thank you! My legs are sore from running that much but it feels great. Oh - I just got a ticker too since I'm meeting the signature requirements now. I'm excited, lol! It's a great way to see how far we've gotten. Kickboxing sounds cool, have fun!

Kaitie9399
04-29-2013, 11:45 PM
SuperCecilia: I like kickboxing too!

OP for the day, calories are a little high--had to have a bridal shower cupcake. Man, all this pressurized social eating!!!

120 minutes of wfp--18 miles! I'm tired.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

Hoopty
04-30-2013, 12:57 AM
Hey girls,

What a horrible day. I wasn't hungry at all but managed to eat a small bowl of whole-grain penne with eggwhites, baby spinach, black beans and a banana for lunch and a greek yogurt for dinner. For breakfast I had my usual oatmeal + banana (no matter how sh*tty I feel, I will never ever skip out on eating breakfast. It's my favorite meal of the day! :) )
I didn't go for a long walk nor did I exercise. My only "cardio" for the day was walking to the grocery store and back which means - I was out of bed for about 35min and the sun had already set.
The only good thing for today was that I passed up on a pack of cupcakes. I saw them sitting there at the store but I picked up a pineapple greek yogurt instead.

I'm gonna lay down now, watch the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy and hope for a better day tomorrow.

By the way - this may be a silly question, but what is gonna happen with this thread once April is over? Lol.

Have a good night everyone!

junebug37
04-30-2013, 03:09 AM
Hoopty- here's hoping you have a better day tomorrow!! I was never hungry when I was "supposed" to be before so I understand!!

My little one has nothing broken thank goodness!! Just rest and observation for now.

I was OP for this Monday! Did an official weigh in really quick and they gave me some samples of this jello supplement and I can't wait to try it tomorrow!! Yum! My weight is back down a pound from when I gained 2 on Thursday so that's good news!! Now I have some special "treats" I can use when I'm having cravings! I did the full 50 squats today as well! My thighs are so sore. In a good way!

All in all pretty good Monday!! I wish you all success and happiness on this Tuesday! Last day of April!!! :) :)

:carrot:= 5 pounds!!

Lotus7
04-30-2013, 12:20 PM
hoopty - keep your chin up. We all have those days when it seems as if nothing is going your way...and then the next day the sun comes out :D

Junebug - good job on getting back on track. I have a pattern of getting to a lower weight, mess up and then spend a few days getting back. I just don't always appreciate it the first time.

Good day yesterday. Eating was OP and I got about an hour of skating in. I noticed I'm consistently low on the water so I really have to do better about that. I have not lost as much weight as I thought I would have by now, so I'm going to start weighing in a bit more consistently and playing with my carbs and/or calorie intake if I need to.

SuperCecilia
04-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Hoopty - hang in there. This too shall pass.

Junebug -glad your little one is okay.

Lotus - you don't have that much left to lose (compared to many of us) so I would imagine it would go slower. Good luck with your tweaking.

So some inner thigh soreness today from that kickboxing video - I guess I was using muscles I don't usually use! I am wearing a pair of size 14 courderoy pants which I couldn't button two months ago. On plan so far today and I have some lentils boiling on the stove to make a cold lentil salad - lots of good fiber, protein, veg, and healthy fat, and low carb. Congrats on a successful April to everyone! :hug: I wonder how much we are down as a group this month? Since April 1, I am down 9.4 pounds - I think that is the most I have ever lost in one month in my life of many weight loss efforts! :carrot:

junebug37
04-30-2013, 08:45 PM
I am excited to start in on May!! Lets rock it!!

SuperCecilia- Thanks. am really am too! It is bad when your kids get hurt! :(

I was so OP today!! I felt great after only working 6 hours last night. I'm also working 6 tonight but the way I'm feeling I may be able to work in my last C25K day of week one (finally) after I get off! Heres hoping this feeling lasts!

I set a goal for myself to lose 25 pounds by May 1st. My scale just said 166 so I am 2 pounds away from meeting that goal! I am actually very proud of myself for the month of April and with the challenges lately I think I did pretty well!

So starting tomorrow I am making a new goal. I am still working it out in my head what it will be and thinking maybe not such a long term (month long) one and something to achieve weekly!

Thanks for all the support ladies throughout this month!! It has helped my a lot!! I really appreciate the words of encouragement and reading your posts too!! :hug:

:cool:= 5 pounds lost

:cool::cool::cool::cool: (+3 more)
I think I can get a ticker after Monday!!! :)

BonnieL
04-30-2013, 09:56 PM
OP today. work is really tough. will try to be OP tomorrow. still hanging on.

i like reading all your posts. make me feelbetter,like we are all trying together :)

GettinFit
04-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Good evening everyone,

I guess you all thought I forgot about you and the challenge. I apologize for not being committed this month. A lot has been going on in my life. My job ended today and for the past month I've been focusing on preparing for and interviewing for a new position with the same company. I am happy to say that today I received an offer for a job that I really wanted. I am so excited that I will be able to stay with this company as I've been there almost 17 years.

My eating hasn't been too bad but I've not been working out nor tracking my food. I did go to a WW meeting last week and was up 3 pounds which isn't too bad. Tomorrow I will get back to being 100% OP. I will not start my new job for 2 weeks so I will have time off to focus on getting back OP. I will be going to visit family in Florida for a few days but I should be able to stay OP.

I promise that I will be checking in more in May.

Have a great evening ladies.

Kaitie9399
04-30-2013, 11:02 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

Today was most definitely OP. I'm actually way under calories and will probably be ravenous by the morning--but that scale better be nice to me tomorrow or I'm likely to chuck it out the window!

I was only able to walk the dog today, my hubby is taking the educational leadership praxis exam on Thursday and I was helping him get ready for it. I seriously hope that he passes it the first time around--it's a $475.00 test. Eek!

Happy May!

Hoopty
05-01-2013, 12:54 AM
Good evening everybody!

First off I wanna say thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate it! You guys put a little smile on my face! :)

I was 100% OP today, ran 4 miles on the treadmill and did one leg + arm workout. As soon as I woke up I felt that it would be a much better day - and it was! The weather was beautiful and I felt very happy and determined. I wrote down my measurements this morning and lost a few centimeters under my boobs and waist. The rest stayed the same, lol! Also, I had my weigh-in: 140.6 lbs! I went up 0.8 lbs since last week. However, it doesn't bother me because I think it's water retention from PMS. I've been drinking tons of water and barely have to pee. Hopefully, I'll see a big drop next week, that would be awesome!

I absolutely agree with junebug37 and BonnieL - I love reading all of your posts and look forward to checking this thread every morning and every night. It helps me to stay committed and focused. Thanks so much for the support, girls! :)

I wish us all a successful May. Let's do it!

Healthyliving459587
05-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Haven't been on it awhile. Hit a few weight plateaus but have finally gotten off two of them. Lost 30 lbs so far since January 1st and I look and feel so much better. I could barely walk the streets of my development without being tired and out of breath. Now I can run to the top of my street (steep uphill) and walk around the corner then run down the next block and around the curve to the next block. I shaved 5 minutes off of my time. I exercise regularly an hour a day and I have recently added Abs of Steel to the workout regimen. I found a Step (brand new) at my neighborhood yard sale a few weeks ago and bought it for $7.00! So now I alternate stepping and tae bo every day. I also run/walk daily and ride my stationary bike 30 minutes daily. I was a non-athlete my whole life. I feel 10 years younger and people tell me I look that way. Clothes shopping is not torture anymore and I find myself heading to the plus size department and I'm not there anymore. I purged my closet of all the clothes that no longer fit and replaced them with stylish, fitted clothes that accent my new shape. I feel like I am molding my body like a piece of clay. 20lb to go to my original WW goal in 2005 and 30lb to my new goal weight. Doing this all on my own-no meetings, no WW online. I'm just eating right and exercising.