40-Somethings - APRIL Chat

View Full Version : APRIL Chat

LuvCats
04-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Monday. The good news is the kids are back to school and I have the day off! Bad news is I have a to-do list that will probably eat through my whole day :dizzy: Oh well, just six more weeks of work and then preschool is done for the summer!

Talked to my doc. She thinks I might have Hashimoto's disease - which could explain the constant weight gain these last few years. Although I'm taking thyroid meds, it might not be a strong enough dose. She's also asking me to go gluten-free. She's got labs ordered and I should know more in the next week or so. There's also a chance it could be cancer(!), so she wants to hop on this ASAP. It's a struggle to swallow anything lately, even water, so I want some fast answers, too!

Anyone planning any good April Fool's jokes? I think I am going to take off the pedals on DH's elliptical :devil:

Nope, no April fools jokes here... at least not by me. I've never really been into them.

Can you believe it is April already? Wow.

Hope everyone has a great day. We can do this! :carrot:

firegirl441
04-01-2013, 11:17 AM
I am down 1 lb this am. I think that is great considering I made it through a holiday weekend. I hope it shows in my weigh-in this week. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the pain management doc. The rest of this week will be busy getting ready for our first farmer's market of the season which opens Saturday. Our lettuces look great and we have plenty of eggs and I will make some whole wheat bread, banana nut bread and blueberry bread. Our meat chicks should arrive today or tomorrow. Then on June first, we should have 100 meat chickens for sale that have no antibiotics or hormones. That should really boost our sales. Tomatoes are on the vines, but have not turned colors yet. The cucumbers are up. DH and I plan to plant the rest of the hot peppers today. Corn will follow that. Spring is here! I can't wait for the bountiful harvest.

SnowAngel72
04-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I took a break and decided I needed support. I have been working out. 2-3 times a week at 20 minutes. Weigh 307, no inches seem to be lost(never measured). I tried on my smaller pants and they don't even come close to fitting. I made a decision right there to work out more and try something else. I did wii zumba 2 this morning for 45 minutes and plan on sticking with it.

bbrides
04-01-2013, 03:20 PM
On a positive note, I finally have graduated to my weight loss ticker and can post my blog that I've been keeping.

On the negative side, as if I needed any proof that I feel better drinking my shakes every day, now that I've been out for 2 days, I can feel such a negative difference. Drinking it not only curbs my chocolate cravings, but I feel full and have more energy. My new supply should arrive Weds. and I can't wait. Drinking a regular protein drink doesn't do nearly the same for me that my shake (ology) does.

I am craving chips, chocolate and feeling temptation climbing. I keep remembering my loss in inches and weight so far, but TOM is winning.

NEMom
04-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Thanks for starting the April chat Lvcats.

Firegirl - Your produce and chickens for the farmers market sound wonderful!!! Love all the fresh produce and fruit this time of year!

SnowAngel - Welcome to our little corner of 3FC! So glad you found us. I have tried Zumba and am just not coordinated enough to enjoy it. I am glad you are giving it a go.

Bbrides - Love the new ticker! Sorry you are having trouble craving carbs. I crave sweets and chocolates all the time. Constant battle to resist here.

Had a great weekend but did not stay on track. We had our big party at work on Saturday and it was wonderful. My ego was definitely inflated and the party was not even for me. I received several compliments on how nice I looked. I also made my DH come with me and it was so nice to hear people that I work with them tell him how much they enjoy working with me.
Easter - I gave myself permission to eat carrot cake. I enjoyed every bite. It was delicious!
Got back on track yesterday. After a week off from exercising, I have been back at it two mornings in a row. Kept my calories at 1360 yesterday and am hoping I can do as well today. I would really like to see a loss this month. Its been so long since the scale was moved down.

Happy Tuesday all!!

firegirl441
04-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Snowangel- glad to hear you found Zumba and are giving it a try. Maybe you have found your exercise home right there. They have Zumba classes in the pool on Tuesday nights. It looks like a lot of fun, but I can't do the twisting due to my back injury. The ladies there love it.

bbrides- glad your shakes will arrive tomorrow. Then you will feel more yourself and hopefully the cravings will pass to some degree.

NEmom- Glad you jumped right back on track yesterday. It is so nice that you can indulge and start right back where you left off. With me following Atkins, I don't have that luxury as I do not want to get out of ketosis and have to start that all over. I get terrible headaches on days 2 and 3 when I do.

I am staying on plan and feeling really good. Last night, for the first time, I ate a package of the Atkin's Peanut Butter Cups for my nightly snack. WOW! They will cure any chocolate cravings I have. They taste just like Reese's to me. I know i have to limit myself to 2 a week though as I could easily become addicted to them. I was happy with the new scales this AM. Down significantly. I just hope DH has them calibrated correctly. I will know for sure at Thursday's weigh-in. Hope everyone has a Happy Tuesday!

Blessings,

Moondance
04-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Happy Tuesday! :D It's also National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day.

Quite busy at work today, trying to cram 5 days of work into 3 since I'm leaving for vacation Thursday morning. Weekend skiing was fun and crazy! On Saturday I skied in the sun, clouds, snow and rain! Too bad there aren't wipers to turn on my goggle lenses.

firegirl441: That Atkins candy is good! I had to be careful of the sugar alcohols in those, that's for sure! Congrats for staying on plan!! I'm drooling over all those fresh fruits and veggies, the chicken, breads...mmmm!

NEMom: Even though you didn't stay on track over the weekend, I'm sure those compliments have helped you get right back on plan! You may not have reached goal yet, but you've come a long way, baby!

bbrides: Yea for a ticker!! Boo for running out of shake...and during the most difficult time of the month. Hang in there!!

SnowAngel72: Welcome to the boards!!

LuvCats: Nope! Can't believe it's April. When was it March??

2FatCats: How's the post-surgery healing going?

petra65: I'm fighting for every pound too. It's been harder to lose this time than ever before.

MrsTryingAgain: Happy Anniversary! DH & I will celebrate 22 yrs this August. I know what you mean about time flying and dragging at the same time!

Magicsusan: Hope the sun is shining for you today!

Plainsgirl: Hope you're having a great, on-plan day!

To anyone I missed...keep up the hard work!

firegirl441
04-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Great News....I weighed in at 182 on the doc's scales. That is a 1 lb difference in my new scales so I know that DH did a really great job getting them calibrated correctly. I had on my undies, bra, and dress and had just eaten a healthy lunch so I am soooooo excited and motivated. The doc was jacked up about it too. He told me to keep up the pool aerobics and keep doing what I am because I look the best he has ever seen me. According to their numbers, I have lost 30 lbs since my appointment there in January. I think the difference is that their scales are 4 lbs heavy so they changed them to get an exact weight on me. I hope they do that every time from now on. I apologize for my boasting, but between my PCP's report of excellent blood work and today's docs report, I am so proud of myself. It has been a long 5 years since my back injury and I am finally getting myself together for the good. 170's here I come!!!

Magicsusan
04-03-2013, 04:12 AM
Well done, Firegirl! Boasting is allowed; I think most of us here could stand to feel better about ourselves and learn to take credit and be proud of our hard work :)

Moondance, thanks for your warm weather wishes. It has been the coldest March for 40 years. Brrrrr.

NEMom, I'm glad for you. A little bit of positive feedback does wonders for *my* motivation, so I'm guessing you're feeling good :)

Snowangel, hang in there. Sometimes the most obvious result of the exercise and hard work is just an increased energy level.

To NEMom and everybody else who is following along; So far so good. DD1 has survived the first few day on SSRI anti-depressants. She is trying hard, which is new. Her doc laid down the law and said she would only take her on as a patient if she worked hard, and that has helped. It is a relief not to see her so unhappy, but also she has stopped taking chunks out of her sisters. It sucks watching your kids hurt each other. I'm just thinking, "you're sisters, for crap's sake! There are enough people happy to do damage on this planet, you should be able to rely on each other!" Somehow, that's not always how it turns out.

On the flab-fighting front:
I was shocked to be able to enjoy a modest weight loss this week (300g) but I think it reflects how bad my habits really were before I made the commitment to live a healthier life. Even though I ate far too many easter treats over the weekend, I have just been more active in general, and still had less, probably, than I would have in years past.

Yesterday I waged war on the garden, which was badly neglected last summer. Ironically, DH being unemployed means I get some help in the garden, so I'm taking that as a silver lining.

:goodvibes: hope every one gets the spring they need :broc:

NEMom
04-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Happy hump day all!!!

Firegirl- Boast away! Congrats on your loss!!! You go girl!

Moondance-Vacation - can I go, I need a vacation! Hope you have a great time!!!

Magicsaun- A small loss is still a loss. Take it and be proud! I am glad to hear that your DD seems to be doing well with her medication and that you are seeing some behavior improvements with her.
They changed my sons meds because PAXIL was making him tired all the time. Hopefully, the new meds will help too. My son is so funny. He has lost (all by himself, without advice from mom) 45lbs. He has always had a self image problem (wonder where he got that - me maybe?) He has been hiding behind baggy shirts and big sweatshirts and now that the is gaining some confidence he stopped wearing the sweatshirt all the time and I am getting him some smaller shirts. Boy, what a difference it makes. I had gotten him a couple of XL's and even those are too big. His shorts that are XL hang off him and he had his suit on this weekend and I could fit in that thing with him. I don't know how I am going to afford a new wardrobe for him. He is also really getting big guns and his pecs are developing. He had his first track meet yesterday and in this track outfit - wow - I was amazed at how manly he is developing. His dad needs to teach him how to tell girls are flirting with him though, he had 3 or 4 girls around him at all times and he seemed oblivious to it. So proud of that kid, what he has done for himself and how he is trying to figure things out.

My scale is back down to 166 this morning after being stuck at 168 and higher forever. I don't know if it is because I have made a few changes in my diet the last week or if it is just being nice because it did not budge downwards last month. Whatever it is, I will take it. Just wish I knew what I did right for once to make it go down.

Have a great day all!!

firegirl441
04-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Magicsusan-I am so glad your DD is adjusting to the meds. my dd and grandbabies are living with us while she goes through a nasty divorce. she is also knocking her alcohol issues. needless to say she is having some issues dealing so I am taking her to a clinic and hopefully they will give her something to help her through these difficult times.

Congrats on the loss, NeMom! Keep up the goood work.
I am still in the ER With DD & DGS. We have been here several hourrs. I Got real weak. the only place near here was McDonalds. I got a bacon ranch salad. After eating it, I looked at the ranch pkg n it had 9 carbs. Yikes! too late now. WHat a bummer.

ukemama
04-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Sounds like everyone is having a great start to April!

NEMom - glad to hear about DS and all the compliments you got!

Firegirl - I am seriously jealous of your ability to plant things now. It is so ridiculously cold here still. I have started veggies in pots and should be "hardening them off" outside, but there is no way that's happening!

Magicsusan - good news about DD getting some help. I hope things improve soon. Poor kiddo!

I had my bloodwork done yesterday to check on the Hashimoto's. Hope to have some results soon. I could barely make it through my music class yesterday because the choking sensation was so bad.

LindaWW
04-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Hi all-
I've been away for awhile - my dad was hospitalized a couple weeks ago with low blood platelets, and has been in and out of the hospital several times. One of the times he was released, and as soon as he got home, he fell getting out of the car and hit his head and had uncontrollable bleeding due to the low platelets. He was rushed to the ER and put right back in the hospital! Also, my brother was hospitalized during that same time, with what they thought was either a stroke or a heart attack. Turns out it was neither, but what a stressful time it has been!

Through it all, I've been on track, except for a couple glasses of wine a couple times. Unfortunately, I still haven't lost a pound! Every day I think the scale will surely go down, but it just laughs at me. measurements are continuing to go down a little, so that's encouraging. Don't know why the darn scale is so stubborn though!

I have a lot of reading and catching up to do around here. Just wanted to say hi and tell everyone good work on their successes the last couple weeks!

firegirl441
04-04-2013, 09:35 PM
ukemama- I sure hope your blood work results work out for you. I am sure you have found a good doc who can help you through whatever you are facing.

Glad to have you back Linda. It is great you have lost inches. I had the same problem for a couple of weeks back. Then one day, it starting moving again. You and I have lost the very same amount...26 lbs. Maybe at that point our bodies have to "catch up" to that weight and adjust itself. I have faith that it will move before too much longer. Just keep at it and you will be rewarded.

Blessings,

ukemama
04-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Got the results back. Good news: No Hashimoto's. Bad News: They have no clue what's causing this. No infection, no tonsillitis, no allergies. Possibly cancer, but the doctor thinks that's not much of a risk (yea!). More testing to follow.

I decided today that I'm going to move forward with trying the Dukan diet. Talked to DH tonight about it and told him I need him to commit to this in terms of supporting me. I'm making a list of recipes and food I need to buy. I will start on Monday. I need to figure out a ticker for here.

Firegirl - I like your new picture!

Linda - welcome back! Prayers and good thoughts going out to your family. I certainly can't fault you for having some wine with all that you've been going through!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Sheila22
04-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Hello Ladies!

I have been completely off track (sigh). Went on spring break with the kids and completely pigged out - I mean COMPLETELY. Felt horrible. :( Honestly, a vacation that I wanted to be "rejuvenating" ended up draining me. I came back home with every intent of getting back on track April 1. Didn't happen. I haven't ran for almost 2 weeks, have been eating crap, having wine...this has to stop.

I am weighing in at 152. :-( TOM might be contributing to some of it, but if I don't get back on track, I will find myself back in the 180s. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Candidly, I can't afford for it to happen - I gave all of my larger clothes to Goodwill!! :-D I guess that was a wise strategy - it's helping to kick me in the pants to get back on track!

It has really got me wondering though - why when I say I'm going to change, know exactly what I need to do (and NOT do)...don't I do it? Wish I could figure out how to "flip the switch" more easily (sigh)...

Time to establish some April goals - even if it is past April 1st. There are 25 days left in this month - about 3 and 1/2 weeks. My goal - to lose 10 pounds by May 1. Aggressive (3 pounds a week) - but I KNOW I can do it if I put my mind to it. That gets me back at 142. My birthday is at the end of May - if I could be at 132 by then it will be near my goal weight!! I can do this!! I know I can!!! Really need to stay on these boards - I need your support to stay on track!

So much stress at work right now. I think I've also used that as an "excuse"...NO MORE EXCUSES!

So for today - I'm going to clean the first floor of the house - then go for a run. Actually, I really should run first - that way it's done - I know it will also energize me and make me feel better. I signed up for a 5K on April 27th - so I HAVE to get back to basics! It's sunny outside - so I think I'll go to the trail - need some vitamin D. :D

As for food - I will NOT eat carbs today. I need to run to the grocery store to get some veggie crumbles. Think I'll make some fresh salsa and use the veggie crumbles to make taco meat for dinner - veggie taco salad - salsa, taco meat and shredded lettuce for dinner!

One more cup of coffee - then going to RUN! Hope everyone has a great day. It feels inspiring and motivating to be back on the boards and reading all of your posts!

Sheila

GirlyGirlSebas
04-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Hi Everyone! I'd love to start posting with you guys.

I'm an old-timer who desperately needs to come back to the fold! I loved 3FC when I used to post here daily. The mutual support was one of the main success factors for me to lose 35lbs and keep it off for 3 years. I never made it to my goal weight, but I still felt like a success. However, I slowly fell into old habits and stopped coming here to "hang out." I'm now at my all time highest weight and I am frankly overwhelmed.

My name is Rhonda. I'm a 48 years old, a wife of 19 years and a Mom to two teenage daughters. My husband and I are full-time telecommuters for a major healthcare administrator and I live just outside of Atlanta. I love photography, reading and watching TV.

My plan is calorie counting. For now, I can eat whatever I want as long as I stay within my calorie range. I'm using Daily Plate to keep track. I am seriously addicted to sugar, so a detox is probably just around the corner, but I need to take this a step at a time. I also will start walking soon. Just waiting for allergy/pollen season to abate a bit.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Sum38
04-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Popping in to say "hi" :wave:

I re-started (once again :no:) 10 days ago. I ate myself up to 165.6 pounds :eek: Like you Sheila I got really scared because I was closer to 170's than to 150's. My all time high weight was 172 pounds and I surely didn't want to get there ever again...but it was only a matter of a few short months and I would had been back there. No, mam! No thank you!! Like you Sheila; I gave all my big (and small) clothes away. My closet only has 8's, 10's and a few, very few 12's. -- I have been wearing those few 12's I have and sweats :mad: So today is my 10th day of clean OP eating. I have given up all junk; candy, pop, and WINE!! Scale is down by 4 pounds :woohoo: Another 5 pounds and I am back to my beloved 10's and actually have something to wear :yay:

I will read back and do personals later. Off to my 5 mile walk.

Sheila22
04-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Well - the first floor of my house is completely CLEAN! Feels great!! And I know I burned calories doing it!!! Tomorrow is the second floor.

I'm going to go to the trail and at least powerwalk - - I have serious cramps :( so not sure I'm up for a run - but who knows, I might get on the trail and if the mood hits me, I'll run.....OR, I can powerwalk one way and run back. We'll see - regardless, I'm getting out there!!! :D

Rhonda - WELCOME!!! :D We are all here to support you!! I've never heard of Daily Plate, but I'm going to google it as soon as I'm done posting here! Sounds great!

Sum - sounds like we're living parallel lives :hug: We can do this!!! You're 10 days ahead of me! I'm giving up wine on Monday...too hard to do over the weekend for me, but I know that's my main culprit - makes me lazy and hungry for junk! Liquid doughnuts. I will however stay within my calorie allowance today and tomorrow. I know this is bad, but it's 1:30pm here and I haven't eaten anything today...not sure why - think it's just that I've been busy cleaning - - or it could be that whole pizza I ate last night :o seriously - I ordered and ate a whole medium pizza last night - UH!!! At least it was a veggie pizza with thin crust....but still - - (sigh)...

I'm feeling really strong today though - just need to keep it up! I'm off to the trail!!

Sheila22
04-06-2013, 04:01 PM
I started power walking on the trail - it felt so slow and unnatural to me so I started running and ran the whole thing! My legs are already feeling it after not having done ANYTHING for 2 weeks! But I feel FANTASTIC!

Veggie taco salad for dinner! :D

Sheila22
04-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Good morning everyone! Weighed in at 151 and 1/2 this morning...moving in the right direction!

Today's plan - clean the second floor. Then going to go to the gym for a workout, pay bills, and then relax. I know I'll feel better when the WHOLE house is cleaned...right now I just look at the kids rooms (uh, and my room) and all I see is a big MESS! Uh! I'm estimating the upstairs to take 2 hours to clean - going to get started after this cup of coffee!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Sum38
04-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Where have all 40 somethings gone? Com back! Don't give up!!!

Woot on your weightloss Sheila!! My scale has been stuck at 161 something for the past four days...hoping for a little drop here soon! I can't wait to get back to 150's...

I volunteered all morning and most of the afternoon. We were so busy that I only managed to scarf down a granola bar for lunch. I know;I was a bad girl for skipping meals. I brought a slimfast with me as well, but I never got around drinking it. So it will be a nice big dinner for me tonight! :drool:

I hit the gym for some weights; oh how I HATE weight lifting!!! Will I ever learn to like it??? -- I use machines, I could not bring myself to do free weights, yuck...so machines it is. I lift as much weight as I can handle...I was nearly in tears at the end of my session. All shaky and sweaty. I know I will like the results.

Off to fix something yummy and calorie dense for dinner.

newleaf123
04-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Sum38 Just a quick pop-in here. I am so glad you are finding your way again. Great inspiration for anyone struggling. All's good here. A crummy 4 days of eating, which is a good reminder of WHAT I DON'T WANT TO DO!! Back on track today. Clean eating, exercise, etc. Didn't want you to think I'd disappeared... :)

newleaf123
04-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Oh, and how's this, my fellow 40-somethings. Yes, I have gray hair. But really, do I look like a senior?? When I went to the farm stand today I was asked if I qualified for the Monday Seniors Discount, followed by a very quick "how old are you?" I replied, "No I don't qualify. And to answer your question, I'm 47."

The discount kicks in at age 55. Nice. The cashier was probably in her early 40s.

Sheila22
04-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Hello Everyone!

Just a quick check in - work was an offsite training meeting....:carrot: Dodged the office stress today!! :D

Ate very clean - had 1/2 of a small Svelte soy protein shake for breakfast - lunch, some low fat cottage cheese and a salad...dinner - TBD. And I went to the gym - got on the elliptical for 30 minutes instead of running. Thought I should start mixing it up again.

Sum - I hear you on the weight lifting, and I'm right there with you! Kudos to you for doing it though!!

Newleaf - unfortunately, my "off track" path started during the holidays and I am just now getting back on the right path. And you do NOT look like a senior!! :D

My struggle right now - WINE. I love it, and really want to find a way to incorporate it into my maintenance plan...and ideally, into my weight loss plan....if anyone has any tips out there for how to do that, please let me know! Right now, I'm "earning" my wine via workouts, and as long as I stay within my calorie target, I can have it. Seems logical right? We'll see if it works.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!
Sheila

MrsTryingAgain
04-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Hi, gang....
Well, I've been thinking of all of you OFTEN! I unfortunately haven't been doing well on my journey.
1. H is doing good. He has a cardi appt. tomorrow. I'm hoping they'll schedule his 2nd procedure. But we'll see.
2. Work is keeping me busy. Some days too busy. So ready for vaca.
3. My health. About 1-1/2 weeks ago I found a lump in my breast. Now my lymphnodes are swelling up. THIS SUCKS! I don't have insurance. But I may have found a clinic that will see me. I'm calling them tomorrow.

We had a decent anniversary for a couple of kids. I've got pictures to post, which I'll do tomorrow.
:drill: BE HEALTHY! BE STRONG!! BE AWESOME!!! ROCK 40-SOMETHING LIKE IT'S 20-SOMETHING!!!! :drill:

ukemama
04-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Day 2 of Dukan. Going fine. I felt weird having fat-free half and half and 1/2 a sweetner. Tasted good though! ;)

Have to vent a little. My boss really upset me yesterday. I was subbing for another teacher and my boss completely FORGOT that I was subbing. We had arranged the subbing over two weeks ago and all the other teachers were aware of the switch. She chewed me out saying, "You need to communicate these things with me." I was floored because SHE was the one who set it up! I was so upset because I was helping out by covering for someone else. I think she forgot to write it down and was taking it out on me.

MrsTryingAgain - I hope this is just some type of inflammation. :hug:

Rhonda - I'm a Rhonda, too! Spelled the right way -with an "H."

Welcome to all that are coming back here!

Sorry I don't have enough time to respond to everyone. I have to sub again. Hope I don't get yelled at for helping out.

GirlyGirlSebas
04-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Good morning!

Ukemama - so nice to meet another Rhonda! Bosses....a necessary evil. It stinks when you get chewed out for something you didn't do.

Mrs - I'm so sorry to hear that you've found a lump. I hope you can get into that clinic. If not, keep looking. There must be something available in your area. Maybe you should go to the emergency room and let them refer you to a program.

Sheila - I would include the calories of wine into my calories for the day. But, I'm calorie counting, so that makes a lot of sense for my plan.

Newleaf - Not many women our age that I have met will let themselves be gray. Maybe that lady was basing her question on the gray hair and not your face? Because, I don't think your face says "senior".

Sun38 - I'm not such a fan of weight lifting either. However, in the past, I've seen what weights can do for my appearance....when not covered by my fat! I've seen places that have those quick 15 minute whole body workout plans. Perhaps you can try one of those plans. Get it over quickly.

I've been letting work stress get to me and heading to the kitchen for something to soothe me. That is one of the dangers of working from home. The kitchen is too accessible! Fortunately, I over ate with pecans and not something sugary. I feel like that's a step in the right direction. I've also not been tracking my calories for the last two days. Today, that must stop.

Have a great on-plan day. :sunny:

Sum38
04-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Morning ladies! :sunny:

I am super exited this morning. I left those nasty 160's behind and I saw glorious 159.8 on my scale this morning :woohoo: This may not stick, but atleast there is some hope. -- This is my millionth time trying to lose the 150's; I hope I can do it. I certainly seem to have more motivation than before. :crossed:

GirlyGirlSebas I'll see if my gym offers that, thanks!! Hope today is an OP day for you!!!

ukemama :hug: Being teacher is tough enough, sorry for getting yelled at by your boss too!!

MrsTryingAgain Sending you some positive thoughts! I hope you will get that breast checked out soon!!

Sheila I gave up wine on March 28th and decided to have wine free April. I miss my evening cocktails, but I must say my weight seems to be dropping off quicker without my wine...and I think I may have some sort of intolerance towards it, my bloated tummy does not look as bloated anymore. I am thinking about extending my wine free month to 50 days :eek: Wanna join my challenge?

newleaf123 I hope you punched that farmer's market worker!! NO, NO, NO...you do not look like a senior!! :mad:

LindaWW
04-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Hi Everyone - I'm still here too, just plodding away. The pattern with me seems to be that I read but don't reply when I'm not losing. I just don't have anything motivational to say, so I just 'take' my motivation without contributing. I'll try to do better! Still trying to get that same 2 pounds off. Seems like I'll almost get there, then have a bad day and be back to square one. Also, my husband works away from home half the year, then is off the other half. He's going to be leaving any day, so we've been trying to do lots of family things before he goes. Good for our relationship, but not so good for my diet!

Sum- Yay for you on the 150's! 158 is as low as I got last summer, before gaining some back. I know the excitement of that number.

Girly - I hear you on the working from home thing. I do best when I work from downstairs, which is as far away from the kitchen as I can be. If I do come upstairs to grab something, at least I have to go up and down the stairs for it - sometimes that alone keeps me from doing it!

Uke - that stinks about your boss chewing you out for her own mistake. I hate stuff like that, and have a hard time letting go. I hope your day is better today.

Mrs. - I like the idea of going to the emergency room, if you can't find a clinic to see you. I hope it's nothing, but please get it checked out. Prayers for you!

Sheila - I do the same as you, regarding the wine. If I save enough calories for it, I can have it. If not, then no wine. My problem is stopping with one glass. I'd rather have 2!

Newleaf - I would have taken the senior discount, then as I was walking away, said "I'm only 47". I'm sure the clerk was just trying to be helpful, but still........sheesh!

The hubs and I have been hiking daily, which is a lot more fun than just walking around the neighborhood. Unfortunately, we had some snow yesterday, so we'll have to wait til that melts off again to get back to hiking. I'll miss my hiking buddy when he leaves for work. I don't like going by myself - I'm always worried I'll run into a bear!

Have a successful, on-plan day, everyone!

2FatCats
04-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Afternoon All - big :hug: to everyone and :welcome2: to the new folks!

I'm still here - just been posting in the May Day challenge - it was easier to keep up!

I sincerely hope those of you lifting weights keep at it and learn to love it - I sure as heck do!

On my homefront: Today marks the 4 month anniversary into my get healthy journey. I started at 180.6, 37.6% BF. As of this am -down to 149.4 and 21.0%. I was stuffing myself into XL shirts, and 14 pants. Now the medium tops are loose and so are my size 8 jeans!! I'll still wear them since I can't stand to wear any tight/clingy clothing, though!
Surgery went well on 28Mar - won't know for certain for a few more weeks.
Other than that - same old stuff - just waiting on warm weather so I can start enjoying the outdoors! Guess I will wait a bit longer - more snow predicted for tomorrow. *sigh*

Heidi A senior? And them being in their early 40s? How rude. My sister is 53 and completely gray. She wears it with pride! I am not as brave....

Sheila How can ou possibly have anything left in your house to clean?? You are quite the whirlwind!

Ack! Time slipped away from me - gotta run!

newleaf123
04-10-2013, 09:52 PM
2FatCats Your get healthy journey has been incredible; you have been able to change so much, in such a short amount of time. I said it on a different thread but it bears repeating, your strength and dedication are inspirational!

NEMom
04-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Hello all! So good to see the oldies and newbies posting again.
I have been super busy with work and life in general. I have been reading but just not posting much. Plus, I have been doing my best to stay on plan food wise but the stupid scale will not move and I am beyond frustrated. I cannot get below 166 and I can honestly say that I HATE that number.
I have had to take a break from running on the treadmill. My hip starting hurting and then it moved to my lower back. I don't think the running caused it but once my back starting hurting, I decided I need to go back to lower impact exercise until it feels better.
We got snow here yesterday. Snow mid april. Yuck!

Newleaf - You do not look like a Senior. I am not as brave as you, I color those suckers.

Sum-Good to see you back - looks like your on the right track girl!

Shelia - Good to see you! Congrats on jumping back into the run!

MrsTrying - GO DO THE HOSPITAL or call a clinic that does mammograms, there is a program for women's health that pays for them for women without insurance. Lumps are nothing to mess with and put off having checked out.

Linda - I kinda wish my DH would be gone half the year working. Would not have wished that when my kids were little though. As nice as it sometimes sounds, I am sure that it is hard and you miss him.

If I missed you, I am sorry. Hoping you have a wonderful on plan day!

ukemama
04-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Hope all my friends have survived the bad storms these past few days. My aunt in foothills outside of Denver got two feet of snow! NEMom I was watching all those storms roll through your area and it looked scary!

Day four of Dukan is going just fine. No cravings -except for texture, I'd like something crunchy! I am going to weigh in on Sunday morning. Hopefully there will be some downward movement! I want to be like 2FatcCats

Newleaf - you do NOT look like a senior! Shame on him. I hope someone cards you the next time you need to buy some wine. That always makes me feel good.

Enjoy the day everyone and stay OP!

Sum38
04-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Ovulation time; scale stayed the same and I am expecting a gain :( BUT, my belly fat feels all jiggly and that usually means I am due for a whoosh :woohoo: I better take measurements even if scale won't reward me with a smaller number.

Moondance
04-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Happy Thursday! :D It's also International "Louie Louie" Day and National Pet Day!

Vacation was a blast. My two nutty aunts are a riot and we laughed our way around Savannah and Atlanta, GA. We had a binge drinking night (they'd never had chocolate martinis!) and ate some incredibly yummy food. I feel so proud...I didn't gain anything! Woohoo! I noticed a mind-set change in me. I was more interested in walking than riding. A stair climb to the top of a lighthouse was for more than the view, but also a chance for some exercise. I made better choices at restaurants, either smaller portions (like an appetizer and an a la carte side dish) or I left food on the plate (half a lasagne). I'm think I'm actually getting my new lifestyle changes to stick.

I've been gone so long I'm not going to do personals until I have a chance to catch up. I hope you're all truckin' along, sticking to your plans. Welcome to any new folks!

2FatCats
04-11-2013, 01:02 PM
You guys make me :o
I believe I have done well because, for the most part, I ignored my Inner Meanie the past 4 months - I just didn't let myself think or say 'I can't'. It sounds trite but the power of positive thinking really is amazing!

I just posted in the May Day challenge thread:
Seems like most of us fall prey to self-sabotage (dang inner meanie) - whether in thoughts, actions or words.
Yesterday I found myself feeling guilty that this journey has been a relatively simple and painless process for me. I see other people's struggles and challenges and wonder why am I not struggling, too? It's almost as if I deep in my subconscious I think don't deserve it. Rationally I know that I do (and I know that I have worked dang hard to get here), but those doubts/lack of self-confidence sneak in and get ya when you aren't looking! You wouldn't believe how many internal dialogues I have with my inner meanie. But she's finally learning to listen more and talk less!

I wonder if you marked it on paper every time you had a negative thought - how many would that equal in a day? Not to mention the ones we voice . . . .

Time for lunch - Hope all have a happy day!

SnowAngel72
04-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Thank you for the wonderful welcomes. :)

Had spring break with the kids last week. Took them to a water park. They loved it. I enjoyed it so much I want to go back soon. 4 1/2 hours of swimming. I calculated the calories for it and it was just under 3000 to 5000 depending on which swimming I put in. So I am just going with the lower end for that day.

Did 1 hour of zumba on sunday. Felt wonderful but afterwards...Ouch. I had a dream that I had wings and my wings were being pulled out. Turns out my shoulder blades are very sore from doing that hour. Advice from hubby was to lay off the zumba a few days since it was hurting so bad. Think it was the combination of zumba and all the things we did last week that caught up with me. I worked out today and I can still feel the soreness so I didn't give it my all like I usually do.

On tuesday I went to the doctors office. Weight was 308 fully clothed and shoes. Grumble, grumble. My blood pressure med was changed. BP was 149/98. I am really hoping that exercising will help get me off the BP meds eventually. Good news though today. I weighed myself after my workout/shower and I had lost weight. 304. I am so happy to see that scale going down finally.

We are expecting 4-8 inches of snow tonight/tomorrow.

firegirl441
04-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been on here since last week, but this week has been spent getting ready for my surgery which is over 4 hours away so I have been on the phone 3-4 hours per day getting my pre-op done and getting all my hospital records ready for surgery. The doctor's office sent me a 26 page pre-op booklet. It says I will spend the night after surgery in the hospital and barring any complications, I will have to spend the next 2 nights in a hotel next to the hospital. I should get to come home on Friday if everything goes well.

Congrats on the great 4 months you have had, 2FatCats! You have really been devoted and it shows in your numbers.

Welcome to you newbies! It is always good to have more join us.

I am proud of all the positive postings I have been reading. Keep up the good work!

Anyone having excess snow, wish i could send you some of this beautiful sunshine and 80 degree weather. The 100's will be here before we know it. I have just finished cooking 6 loaves of freshly-milled homemade wheat bread and 2 loaves of banana nut bread are in the oven. I have to cook 4 more loaves of it tomorrow. DH and I have sold a good bit of produce and eggs so we will deliver it in about 1 hour. I have lost considerably more weight down to 176. Yesterday and today I have had dizzy spells so i called my regular doc. I did take my blood pressure and it was down to 94/52. His nurse told me to check it every day around lunch and only take my meds if it is high. She also told me to slow down on losing the weight until I get my meds regulated. I hope to get down 1 lb to 175 and I will have met my goal for the May Day challenge. I know that I will put some lbs on after surgery as I can't do any exercise. I am not gonna worry about trying to eat low carb the first week as I will be lucky just to keep something down. I will probably start back on MRC after a week or two. DH wants me to stop at 170 for my goal as he doesn't like "my bones sticking out." I will be glad to get to 170 but I will slowly get to 165 so that I make my personal goal weight. He has been very supportive thus far, but I see that going away now. He is concerned about my looks and health.

I would like to put before/after pictures up, but I can't figure it out. Will somebody help me? Thanks in advance,

ukemama
04-12-2013, 09:06 AM
:woohoo:Can I get a woot, woot?:woohoo:

Day five of Dukan and I am FINALLY in ketosis! Two more days and then I can have something crunchy!

Firegirl, saying prayers for you! :hug: Enjoy the recuperation time in the hotel.

Snowangel, sorry about the snow. As a former Yooper, I know it can wear on you. We have family in Carney, Calumet, SSMarie, Escanaba and Manistique. Looking back, I'm glad that we chose to move to the LP. My parents decided to not stay after we were stuck there the winter they closed the bridge!

Hoping everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Sum38
04-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Anyone know anything about "healing crisis"? I think my body is detoxing with all this clean eating... I remember reading that sometimes people get healing crisis, when some symptoms get worse before they get better because body is trying to dump the toxins faster than it can handle...anyways, I have had horrid week with my eczema. It flared up, bad. I had it inside of my ear canal(s) and it also took over my jaw area. Both of those places I have had eczema before but never as bad as I had it this week. The interesting thing; it flared up for 3-4 days and then started getting better. Usually when I got bouts of eczema it would last for ever...this time it made a fast and furious visit.

Strange...

Otherwise it was a fab week. Lost another 2 pounds :woohoo:

firegirl441
04-12-2013, 02:46 PM
ukemama- glad you made it into ketosis. It took me awhile to get here also but it pays off in the weight loss.

Sum38- glad your bout with eczema didn't last long and that you are getting relief from it. Congrats on the 2 lb loss also. That is awesome!

I made it to the pool for a nice workout today which included my jogging and I met my goal of doing 200 stomach crunchies. I lost another 1/2 lb. down to 175.5 by my scales. I'm getting closer by the day.

Sheila22
04-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Hello Ladies!

It's SATURDAY!!! :carrot: No work for TWO DAYS!! :D

It's cold here - so the kids and I are just hanging out at the house this morning. At 2:30 we go to the gym - each of us have a 30 minute personal training session. I will run for 30 minutes before my session while one of the kids does theirs. Then after we all work out, we will go out to dinner at a Japanese steak house - I'll have shrimp and veggies - no oil!

The good news? I weighed in at 148.5 this morning!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I've been staying away from the carbs and have SIGNIFICANTLY been watching my wine intake (liquid doughnuts)...and I am working out 5 times a week (either running or going to the gym to hit the elliptical). My goal is to reach 133 by my birthday towards the end of May. If I stay on this path I know I can do it!!! :D

I feel lazy because I haven't done anything productive yet today...I know the workout will feel good!! The good news - the house is clean because the kids just came back from their Dad's...I will try to keep the clutter clear, but won't deep clean again until next weekend when they go back...my rule - "Never leave a room empty handed!" It really works!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Sheila

firegirl441
04-13-2013, 07:08 PM
I helped DH at our booth at the Farmer's Market today. That was enough exercise for today as we were very busy. We sold out of eggs the first hour, out of homemade breads and all produce except a few heads of romaine and buttercrunch lettuce, a bunch of turnips and one bag of kale. We carried a lot so we considered it a very good day.

Hope everyone else is having a great Saturday as well.

Blessings,

Sum38
04-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Firegirl Know how you feel...we had flea market day at the Finnish Center. I was either standing and guarding the booth or hauling other needed items all day. Pooped right now :) But I love every minute of it!

newleaf123
04-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi, everyone. So glad to read about people doing so well; must be the change of season! Spring definitely brings it out in me; I love this time of year. Watching the trees bud, the flowers come out. Nice!

My weightloss has really slowed, but I'm still working at it! My body seems to be changing, despite the miniscule scale movement. I feel like my upper body is pretty much done, I'm quite bony through my ribs. But my hips and thighs have plenty more to go...

Sum38
04-14-2013, 02:37 PM
So I have lost about 6 pounds, all of a sudden my perfectly round and full tummy has turned lumpy. I can actually see either cellulite or the fat cells. Maybe this means that I am shedding fat nicely :D I looked better (naked) when the fat was firm...lol But I look better now clothed than before, my tummy has gone down a lot. So naked is out, clothed is in! :D :D

Magicsusan
04-16-2013, 01:54 AM
Yikes! I'm not doing very well with the consistancy thing here. I miseed last week's weigh-in completely and have not been exercising officially much. The kids are home for spring break and the weather has improved so I have been battling with the garden, clearing out my office for a fresh start, putting away winter stuff before the moths arrive, repairing the garden shed and not at all watching what I've been eating. I haven't been bingeing or anything, just not watching, due to being so busy.
Clearly, I need to make some changes, because I'm busy a lot.
In other news, DH has found a job, so that stress is better. It's less pay, but beggers can't be choosers in this job market.
Also, NEMom, DD seems to be responding well to the new meds, so hopefully I can stop letting that distract me.

Fire girl, hope the surgery went well! I have been reading your entries and rooting for you all!

newleaf123
04-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Even though I have a goal number in my ticker, a number on the scale has never been my goal. Instead, it has been to hit my 48th birthday, look back, and be able to say that 47 was the year that I turned things around. Well -- today I hit my goal!! Happy birthday to me!!

I'm 49 pounds lighter and have gone from a very very tight size 18 (should have been a 20) pants to a size 10. I've gone from having difficulty getting up off a deep couch to doing an 80-mile trek. I've gone from dreading having to find something to wear to an occasion to being delighted that I can choose something I like rather than something that fits. I definitely feel like I've turned things around! And, I've accepted that there is no end point. I don't get to meet my goal and be done. In fact, I have a new goal every day, which is to be able to say "I kept the weight off yesterday" Uggh to that LOL

Have a great day, everyone.

(Yeah, you may see this twice; I'm going to cross post it into the May Day challenge)

ukemama
04-16-2013, 08:55 AM
YEA! Great job Newleaf and a very Happy Birthday to you! :hat: I hope I can do as well as you by my 48th. Just 7 more months - which, if Dr. Dukan's calculations are correct, I should be there.

I wanted to weigh myself today, but prepubescent DD went loco this morning. She was blaming me for all her mistakes this morning. It was "my" fault that she didn't eat her yogurt for lunch yesterday. It was "my" fault she forgot to take her asthma medicine. It was "my" fault her hair was a squirrel's nest.

She's so grounded...

I'm just sick over the whole Boston Marathon bombing. :( Why are people so cruel? And, if this was done as part of a "religious" statement (punishment?), do these people really think that God/Higher Power would be pleased? Just saying...

kellelm
04-16-2013, 09:31 AM
Hi, girls! And guys? I joined 3FC about a week ago and have spent hours a day on here. It's the most amazing support/education forum I've ever come across!

I'm having a tough time finding a place to "be" here. I'm not really following a "diet" rather something I've just kinda made up on my own and it's working very well for me. I don't do any sort of formal exercise. I really need the daily accountability.

You guys all seem friendly and helpful and your forum is ACTIVE, which I love!

I am 41 1/2... So can I live here?

LindaWW
04-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Happy birthday, and congratuations NewLeaf! Amazing job, and amazing attitude! I couldn't be happier for you!

newleaf123
04-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Practicing eating like a thin person today LOL Had lots of licorice yesterday for my birthday and split a scone with a friend today for my birthday. So I'm trying to do that "compensate" thing by eating less for breakfast and lunch. It certainly doesn't come naturally. Fake it 'til you make it?!

Sum38
04-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Did I miss this at the other thread? :dunno: Sorry if I did :o

BUT

:bday2::bday2you::bday2you::bday2:

HEIDI!!!

Sum38
04-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Thinking of you firegirl441 and sending millions of positive vibes at your way! :getwell:

kelijpa
04-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Happy birthday Newleaf! Hope the trek went well, sounds like it, you've accomplished great things!

Sum-I've been having some kind of weird body changes, too. I know what you mean about the looking better with the clothes on, smoothes things out, lol. DH said the same thing, I guess when you get to a certain point your body has to catch up or something.

It's so good to see familiar posters and new ones. I'm so sorry I haven't been on for so long, life sometimes gets in the way, mostly good things and still plugging away at the weight loss. Finally had to break down and buy some clothes that fit. I guess that's acknowledging that I'm really doing this. Am getting a bag together to donate. I know it's not good to keep stuff around that you can grow back into.

On a trip for work and so happy to be thought of in this group as this girl that goes out and walks everyday instead of the smart fat one...lol

Keep at it ladies, you are an inspiration!

Especially Sheila, I feel like I should deep clean my house as soon as I get back :) you are a ball of energy!!

MrsTA wishing you the best, as many others have said, please take care of yourself and get checked out, my mom is a 21 year survivor, good outcomes are possible but you need to get yourself taken care of :) hugs

LindaWW
04-18-2013, 11:43 PM
I just have a minute, but I wanted to pop in and say that after more than a month stalled - I LOST 2 POUNDS TODAY! I am so excited to finally see some progress for all my hard work. Now to just keep on keepin' on!

Good luck to all of you-

ukemama
04-19-2013, 09:33 AM
:carrot:WOOT! Linda! Way to go!:carrot:

Eight pounds lost in the past 11 days of doing Dukan! I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it is to FINALLY see the scale going down. I really need to get a ticker...

I have to spend my day off cleaning. Oh well, it's so cold and rainy who wants to be outside?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

kelijpa
04-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Congrats Linda and ukemama! It's great to see progress, it keeps you going and you're sharing your progress inspires those of us who get to read about it.

Thanks for sharing! Happy weekend!
:sunny:

MrsTryingAgain
04-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Hi, all! Sorry I've been gone. I've thought of you all often. I've sent out positive vibes, prayers & thoughts. Congrats to all who have lost. Happy birthday (be it belated) to newleaf. Cyber-hugs to you all!!! :hug::hug::hug:

Where have I been? I wish I could say, "Vaca!" but no. Life has kinda come to a screeching halt in this household. H has been in the hospital with a sever blood infection. :( And with his diabetes & heart issues, it's not good nor easy. Drs. at thinking I might be able to bring him home on Mon. or Tues. I'm glad, but I'm not sure what care I'll have to give him.
I'm a strong woman, but this is taking it's toll. I go to work, visit him in the hospital for 3-4 hrs., come home eat, sleep & then do it all again tomorrow. I honestly thought that once we got his pacemaker in & his diabetes in check it would be smooth sailing. UGH!!!
I'm hoping to soon be able to get back on track. I miss my walks...they help with the stress. Maybe when H gets home. I also want to be able to come back here on a regular basis! I need to be able to move forward or I'll end up just giving up. Giving up? Not an option!!!

Well, I gotta head to bed. I got work in the early 30.

:drill:BE HEALTHY! BE STRONG!! BE AWESOME 40-SOMETHINGS!!!:drill:

LindaWW
04-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Oh my gosh Mrs.TryingAgain - I had been wondering where you were. I am so sorry to hear about your husband. And you must feel like you are being stretched to the limits. My thoughts are with you.

Wow, Ukemama! 8 pounds in 11 days? That's amazing! Going off to go read up on the Dukan diet right now!

In my world, my husband left yesterday for work. He works away from home 6 months out of the year, and then is off 6 months in the winter. On the bright side, it's always easier for me to eat on plan when he's gone, because I don't cook as much. Of course, the down side is that it's lonely! Also, we have two teenagers still at home, so all their daily care, homework and taxi-ing around falls on me. I always seem to go through a period of depression and anxiety when he first leaves, and last night was no exception. I need to try not to medicate that with wine!

We're forecast for more snow all week here. I am ready for spring and hiking and outdoor activities, darn it!

Moondance
04-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Happy Monday! :D It's also Earth Day.

Apparently, the penalty for going on vacation is getting really sick. Finally I'm feeling somewhat human. Of course, after missing so much work, I'm swamped trying to catch up. As a result, I can't catch up here today. But know I'm thinking of you all and that I'm still on track (down another pound, woohoo!).

Hang in there, all you 40-Somethings!!

SeeMyFeet
04-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Hey MrsT.....so sorry to hear about Hubs's health issues. You must be exhausted! ...I hope Hubs is doing better and will come home soon.

I'm not posting as much as I used to--too much going on. But keep us posted!

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

MrsTryingAgain
04-23-2013, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the positive encouragement. Latest...H will probably get to come home on Friday. I'm hoping because I don't know about you, but sitting & waiting & seeing a loved on in the hospital is just draining. Also the cat is going nutz trying to figure out where Dad is! She cries for him, looks for him & then looks at me with big green eyes like to ask, "Where did you hide him?!"
Pretty healthy today. Got in a walk...it was nice, but really windy out. Makes my allergies freak out! Just call me Sneezy for the time being! ;)

Heading for bed. My allergy meds make me loooooopy!

BE HEALTHY EVERYONE! I'll post more when I know more! Cyber-hugs!! :hug::hug::hug::hug: And for good measure! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

ukemama
04-23-2013, 08:18 AM
MrsTrying - I'm glad you have an idea when H can come home. I know you (and the kitty) want him back home NOW, but it sounds like he needs the rest and needs to be monitored. I'm happy he's being looked after.

Linda, I totally get the DH leaving scenario. My DH doesn't have to leave that often, but because he works so much and exercises so much I am practically a single parent. Almost every night I am trying to get two kids to and from three places - usually on the opposite ends of town. As I sit grinding my teeth in traffic, I wonder why driving doesn't have the thrill it used to have when I was younger.

Dukan is going great! I woke up this morning and looked at my body profile and was pleasantly surprised how much sleeker I look! Tomorrow is weigh in day. I can't remember the last time I was actually *excited* to weigh myself! Still a long way to go, but at least I am seeing something positive.

sparks17
04-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Good morning! I am new here at 3FC and I am 47...so this must be the place to be!

I just read through this entire thread and I was amazed at how much real life everyone shares. It seems to be about so much more than weight loss. Maybe I will feel comfortable enough to share as well; you all seem so kind!

Anyway, I am poking around, keeping my eyes open for a new challenge that I can jump in on, and getting excited about the support possibilities here!

LindaWW
04-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Hi Everyone - and welcome Sparks17! It's been kind of quiet on this thread lately, but I'm sure it will pick up again soon. I guess we've all been busy with life.

This has been a stressful week for me. Teenager drama at home and at their school has left me with a stomachache 24/7 for the past few days. Not even my kids' drama, but their friends, and still I can't help thinking, 'what if it were MY kids?' I haven't had any appetite, so I've barely managed 800 calories a day. I just can't eat more than that, or I feel sick. Why does everything happen as soon as my husband leaves for work? I don't even want to call him and talk it out, because he's 1000 miles away and would just worry. Anyway, all this not eating has me down 4 pounds, but I know it's not healthy. I've gotta shake this off.

Sorry, that was so disjointed and rambly. I thought maybe getting it out would help. I hope you're all doing well, and making progress this week.

Has anyone heard from NE Mom? It seems like it's been awhile since I've seen her post. Hope everything is ok with her.

kelijpa
04-24-2013, 08:21 PM
MrsTA-sorry to hear about your hubby's probs, thoughts and prayers are with you.
Linda-sorry to hear about the drama with your kids and their school, must be hard with your husband away, hope things calm down soon for you so you can get back to eating healthy.

We took our little dog to get neutered, I know it's best for him but feel bad for the little bugger...

Had a good week food wise, got back on track, ready to put the push on to get down into the next decade.

Best to all :sunny:

NEMom
04-25-2013, 03:26 PM
We FINALLY have sunshine today. Spring is so close, hope it sticks around as we were still getting snow this past weekend.
I have been MIA and so has my diet. We went to South Dakota last week/weekend to paint the vacation house. Lots of painting but my eating was not good and I did not get in any exercise.
Trying to get back on track the last couple days but it has not been easy.
Luckily, my scale is not way up but I do wonder if I would have shown a loss if I had not been so bad the last week.

Sparks - WELCOME to our comer of 3Fatchiks!!

Linda - I am sorry about all the stress you are going through, especially with your hubby away. I sure hope things work out soon.

MrsTA - Sorry to hear about your hubby's medical problems. Girl, I bet you are stressed to the max. Take care of yourself!!!

Kelijpa - Glad you had a good food week. Your so close to goal - rock on!

Happy Thursday all!!

MrsTryingAgain
04-26-2013, 12:01 AM
Okay, an update...H had second surgery yesterday. It was horrible!!! They had "scheduled" it for 10AM, bumped it to 2PM, then 4PM, then 6PM...well, they didn't take him to the OR until 8:45. Where he waited for over an hour! Needless to say, he didn't get out til nearly midnight!!! :mad::mad:
This AM he got to talk to the head nurse to let it be known that there are things not right in his care: he's not being told how many procedures he may need, how long he might be in the hospital...basically NADA!
See what happened is like about 3 weeks ago he stepped on some broken glass...thought he got it all out, he didn't & a nasty infection decided to take up residence in it! He did contract MRSA when he went in to get his pacemaker put in & it was either that or something that it allowed. :( He went from a sore/wound about the size of the top of an eraserhead. Within about 24 hrs. it was about 3 inches in length, 1-1/2 inch in width & 1/2 inch in height! AND UGLY!!! They opened it up, cleaned it out, put him on heavy-duty antibotics & also had a wound pump on it. Yesterday they checked it, removed the pump, cleaned it again & put the pump back on. Still have NO IDEA when he's coming home. :( Might be Mon./Tues. but I ain't holding my breath.
Agatha's going nutz not having Daddy home. She ADORES him. So I've been taking tank tops for him (he has a PIKK line) for 24-48 hrs. then I bring it home for her to sleep on. She LOVES all over it & falls fast asleep. Only way I can calm her...she swears I made him disappear.
I am walking some. Eating is still off, stress eating. I figure once things settle down, I should be able to get back on track.
Well, I"m heading to bed. Yesterday was loooong, had to work today...I'm spent! THANK YOU! for all the positive thoughts/vibes & prayers!
BE HEALTHY! BE THE AMAZING 40-SOMETHINGS I KNOW YOU ALL ARE!! CYBER-HUGS!!! :hug::hug::hug:
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

NEMom
04-26-2013, 03:03 PM
MrsTrying - OMG I cannot believe all this is happening to you and your hubby. I am so very sorry he has developed this awful infection, is not getting proper care and you do not know when he will be home. I sure hope the antibiotics help out soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Please take care of yourself my dear!!!

MrsTryingAgain
04-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Quick update! H is coming home sometime today!!!! WOO HOO!!!
I'm kinda off track. I've been trying to prepare for his homecoming. I've put clean sheets on the bed. Stored up plent of healthy, fairly easy to prepare meals & rearranged the bedroom, since he's going to be using a walker for at least a few weeks.
I'm excited. It'll be nice to have him home, not having to go to the hospital to be with him & also Aggie will realize I did NOT having anything to do with his disappearance! ;-)

kelijpa
04-30-2013, 08:15 PM
MrsTA~Wow! what an ordeal, glad to hear he's coming home.

NEMom~thanks for making me smile :D

took little dog for a long hike today, he's pretty much back to normal, it's just weird when he lays on his back and those stitches are there, he seems so normal I already forget he's got stitches...CRS strikes again...lol

best to all :sunny:

MrsTryingAgain
05-01-2013, 12:18 AM
It's sooo nice to have H home. I have to play nurse some of the time, but it's okay...for better or worse, right? I can't tell you how happy Agatha is to have him home, too! She won't let him our of her sight...don't blame her either! ;)
Now, it's time for me to start working on me again. My eating has been off...I hit to many fast-food joints running to & from the hospital. It was just too easy, but that's not really an excuse. Walking was basically going from the pakring lot, to H's room & back, and whatever else I could fit in. Sometimes I took myself to the park, mostly while waiting for H to be taken into surgery. I've missed it A LOT!!!

kelijpa: TEE HEE! I suffer from CRS from time to time...seems to be getting mroe frequent. I wonder why?? Glad your little dog is getting better & can join you in the great out of doors! :)

NEMom: Thanks for all the positive thoughts, vibes & prayers. I think it's paid off! He'll be off his foot for several weeks, but he's on his way!!! Hope all is going well with you & yours, too. I think about you & others here on the board in the quiet moments. I kept trying to send good vibes to all.

LindaWW: UGH! Drama in any shape or form is not for me. Sorry to hear about it all, I could just imagine you wanting to tear your hair out & then some!!! Maybe I need to invent a drama blaster! Hmmmm... my MILLION DOLLAR money maker!!! Just how to make it.... ;)

sparks17: :welcome2: Hope we can help encourage you to reach your goals, whatever they may be!!! Good luck!!!

ukemama: Glad you are seeing sucess! That is awesome! Hope your weigh-in went well! :crossed:

Well, H is fed. Agatha is fed. I think it's time to curl up with a good book & then call it a night.
:drill: BE HEALTHY! BE GOOD!! BE THE AWESOME 40-SOMETHINGS I KNOW YOU ARE!!! :drill:
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

SeeMyFeet
05-01-2013, 09:35 AM
OK kelijpa and MrsT !!!
You guys made me laugh!! :rofl:
I actually had to look up CRS :rofl:
(prolly have to look it up again next time I read it!)

Well....this is likely to be the last post for April...
...bye bye, April......don't let the door hit ya......
(me & May are gonna be besties)