Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 4/1/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 4/1/2013

lisa32989
04-01-2013, 07:03 AM
:welcome2:
:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

kellyrn
04-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Good morning all! Happy April Fools day! (Don't fall for anything today!)
This thread has been my go to. I love the daily chat even though I usually just lurk in the background and read everyone else's great ideas!
Today my goal is to get enough water. That has been my biggest struggle.
It's in writing now so I have to do it!

DRegan
04-01-2013, 08:11 AM
Good morning all! Happy April Fools day! (Don't fall for anything today!)
This thread has been my go to. I love the daily chat even though I usually just lurk in the background and read everyone else's great ideas!
Today my goal is to get enough water. That has been my biggest struggle.
It's in writing now so I have to do it!

LOL! Yes Im hoping not to get Fooled by anyone today, :)
Get your water in, I like herbal teas, and since its still chilly, ugh!
They keep me warm too!

Glad to have gotten through the Holiday without caving! I cant
believe how much sugar and carbs is involved in our Easter dinner,
potatoes,corn casserole,rolls,rye bread,ham with brown sugar glaze and
all the desserts, OUCH!

I stuck with salad(brought my own dressing) and turkey breast, no gravy!
Came home to my choc pudding desert. awwww!

It was nice to see family and got a few compliments too, never know, lol!
Of course got the usual "oh just have a little!" I just laughed it off and moved
on to get support from my DD. Shes been sooooo helpful and is now aware
of the bad things to eat. Shes only 17 but its good for her to know, she had her treats but will be back on more veggies today, LOL!
Ok hope everyone had a nice Easter!

WI tomorrow, keep my fingers crossed!
Off to work! check in later.
Have a great OP day!:carrot:
D

kellyrn
04-01-2013, 08:34 AM
I posted this question late last night on the weekend thread. It was suggested that I repost here. Thanks!

I'm pretty new at this. Does anyone "add buddies" on here. If so, what does that do. (Messaging, extra support?) just curious. Thank you!

Saltykisses
04-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Spent all day yesterday with family and lots of food and drink, and wasn't even tempted to cheat.... still in my first week, so pretty proud of myself!
WI tommorrow.

mrsv2003
04-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Good Morning all!!!
I'm pretty new here, usually just read. Today I thought I would say Hello!!!
I'm 6 weeks OP! Down 24 pounds...
WI tomorrow.
I love everything about my 5&1 program!!

Donna Gel
04-01-2013, 09:44 AM
I bought skim milk and had three lattes over the weekend, I had to finish the milk. Kicked myself out of keytosis, now I feel lousy as I go back into it, at least that is what I am assuming is the issue. I am exhausted and can't seem to get enough sleep. I have no energy, headachy. The first latte was worth it and I may have been fine, but I can't let the milk go to waste and all. :( So I am back at it as of yesterday.

I ate OP all weekend, it was just the lattes that threw me. The scale this morning show I didn't gain anything.

Donna Gel
04-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Good Morning all!!!
I'm pretty new here, usually just read. Today I thought I would say Hello!!!
I'm 6 weeks OP! Down 24 pounds...
WI tomorrow.
I love everything about my 5&1 program!!

5&1?

Cheekyskeeter
04-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Happy Monday everyone! I had a pretty quiet long weekend as hubby was working nights so sleeps all day which means I had to stay quiet as well. I did manage to get a ride in on one of my horses on Saturday and the weather was GORGEOUS....of course it's bloody cold again today. Oh and had a couple of NSVs this weekend. First one, I went shopping with my sister and was trying on bikinis and for the first time in my life instead of just opening the curtain to show my sister I actually stepped out of the change room IN a bikini....ok more then once. I have never felt comfortable enough to do that before but since IP I feel awesome. And I found 3 beautiful bikinis to take with me to Jamaica in 3 weeks. Second one, my hubby came into the kitchen yesterday to give me a hug and he actually picked me up. Said I was light as a feather....he's never picked me up before. It seems silly but I was so thrilled I said 'do it again do it again'. lol.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

kellyrn
04-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Happy Monday everyone! I had a pretty quiet long weekend as hubby was working nights so sleeps all day which means I had to stay quiet as well. I did manage to get a ride in on one of my horses on Saturday and the weather was GORGEOUS....of course it's bloody cold again today. Oh and had a couple of NSVs this weekend. First one, I went shopping with my sister and was trying on bikinis and for the first time in my life instead of just opening the curtain to show my sister I actually stepped out of the change room IN a bikini....ok more then once. I have never felt comfortable enough to do that before but since IP I feel awesome. And I found 3 beautiful bikinis to take with me to Jamaica in 3 weeks. Second one, my hubby came into the kitchen yesterday to give me a hug and he actually picked me up. Said I was light as a feather....he's never picked me up before. It seems silly but I was so thrilled I said 'do it again do it again'. lol.

Awesome NSVs! I can't wait for my bikini body. I know it's in here somewhere! LOL

Cheekyskeeter
04-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Thank you. And yes your bikini body is in there! I'm seriously still amazed at how well and how quickly IP has worked for me. I never dreamed that at my age I'd be feeling and looking as good as I do and without any exercise either. Part of me wanted to work out while on the diet but I listened to my coach and didn't do anything (except riding my horses but it's winter so it's not much of a work out). I will start working out again once I get to P3 (this Friday woot woot). I'm still quite concerned about maintaining this as I like the routine of P1....I ate only what was on the sheet and didn't have to think about it much but I'm determined to stay where I am right now. I think that's all the motivation I need and it's good to have this site to come to for help.

tam67green
04-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Happy Monday! I'm so excited to have today and tomorrow off of work!

We went to my mother in law's house for Easter weekend. Overall, I did OK, I took my packets and I didn't eat any chocolate or any other treats. But she had ham for dinner yesterday, so I ate that. She also made macaroni and cheese, scalloped potatoes and green beans. She kept a bowl of green beans set aside for me, before she added butter to the rest of the green beans. I used to be one of those people who added butter to veggies, but now I don't! I'm a little bummed about the ham, but oh well. I had limited choices and at least I kept away from all the chocolate, jelly beans and peeps!

I haven't seen my father-in-law since Christmas and his first comment to me was to address me as "skinny" and claim that he hardly recognized me. :D He and my mother in law were quick to tell me how good I looked and how proud they are of me. My sister in law, on the other hand, said, "Oh, I don't know about that. She still looks like Tammy to me." Very passively agressively hinting that she's not impressed, I guess. That's exactly the kind of remark I expect from her, she hates it when anyone besides herself is noticed. At Christmas, both my father in law and her husband commented that they could tell I had lost weight, and she immediately said, "Well, I've lost weight, too, but nobody notices that." And she had lost some weight, I won't take that away from her, but I thought that was sort of rude. Honestly, though, I guess I'm lucky because everybody else I know has been extremely impressed and quick to compliment...great for my ego! :)

qballmhh
04-01-2013, 10:08 AM

That's awesome, I totally get the pick up thing, what a great feeling for you, enjoy!

Erica6700
04-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Day #1 for me today....cant wait to lose this belly! Starting at 191, goal 142...used to be 242, ready to transform my body!!!

lisa32989
04-01-2013, 10:24 AM
I bought skim milk and had three lattes over the weekend, I had to finish the milk. Kicked myself out of keytosis, now I feel lousy as I go back into it, at least that is what I am assuming is the issue. I am exhausted and can't seem to get enough sleep. I have no energy, headachy. The first latte was worth it and I may have been fine, but I can't let the milk go to waste and all. :( So I am back at it as of yesterday.

I ate OP all weekend, it was just the lattes that threw me. The scale this morning show I didn't gain anything.
Here's the issue with milk: Full fat has too much fat for IP. Skim has too much carbs/sugar (lactose).
You can make a latte with vanilla drink. It's pretty good :)
Toss that milk. It'll go to waste or waist.
You didn't gain but what could you have LOST over the weekend?
Sorry you don't feel good.
Cheats just SO aren't worth it!
Find an OP way to scratch the itch!

gmadi57
04-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Could someone tell me what the 5 and 1 means.? I lost over 50 lbs on the IP plan over 2 years ago and now have found myself with 30 back on.. needless to say I am trying to get back on track. Thanks for your help and support.

ragdoll74
04-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Cheekyskeeter I love your NSVs!!!

tam67green your SIL's comments definitely sound like she is jealous of your success.

Erica6700 welcome & good luck with day 1.

gmadi57 I've never heard of 5 and 1 before the posts today. I'm interested to know was it is also.

kellyrn
04-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Here's the issue with milk: Full fat has too much fat for IP. Skim has too much carbs/sugar (lactose).

I know it's not on the sheet of allowed foods. But that aside, how about unsweetened almond milk?

For 1 cup:
Almond Breeze (unsweetened) has 30 cal, 2.5 fat, 1 carb, 1 fiber, and 1 protein
Pure Almond (unsweetened) has 35 cal, 2.5 fat, <1 carb, <1 fiber, and 1 protein

These values are for the refrigerated version only. The shelf stable version is a bit higher all around.

I've been too scared to add it in but would really enjoy some!

lisa32989
04-01-2013, 10:44 AM
I know it's not on the sheet of allowed foods. But that aside, how about unsweetened almond milk?

For 1 cup:
Almond Breeze (unsweetened) has 30 cal, 2.5 fat, 1 carb, 1 fiber, and 1 protein
Pure Almond (unsweetened) has 35 cal, 2.5 fat, <1 carb, <1 fiber, and 1 protein

I've been too scared to add it in but would really enjoy some!
Some people who don't follow the sheet 100% have used it.
You answered it for me...it's not on the sheet of allowed foods.
I figure P1 is temporary and I'm sticking with the plan.

kellyrn
04-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Some people who don't follow the sheet 100% have used it.
You answered it for me...it's not on the sheet of allowed foods.
I figure P1 is temporary and I'm sticking with the plan.

Thank you! I will do the same!

I skip the allowed 1 oz of skim milk in my coffee as well. I'm one of those people that loves coffee that tastes more like desert (really light and really sweet). I tried the vanilla drink mixed in and it just wasn't the same for me....So I have just switched to decaf tea.

My new favorite is Kroger Private Selection Sweet Cinnamon Spice Herbal Tea with a little Splenda. It kind of reminds me of Big Red gum (which sounds kinda nasty for tea). But it is amazing! :dizzy:

aliboo723
04-01-2013, 11:09 AM
I use 1/2 a vanilla drink (EAS French Vanilla) and a shot of 0/0/0 English Toffee syrup and I LOVE IT! I was also one of those "coffee as dessert" people. While this is no where near as sweet as mine used to be, I don't miss it having it this way either. Before I found a way to make it I missed my coffee. Now I can still have it! :carrot:

Halfagain
04-01-2013, 11:13 AM

Thank you! I will do the same!

I skip the allowed 1 oz of skim milk in my coffee as well. I'm one of those people that loves coffee that tastes more like desert (really light and really sweet). I tried the vanilla drink mixed in and it just wasn't the same for me....So I have just switched to decaf tea.

My new favorite is Kroger Private Selection Sweet Cinnamon Spice Herbal Tea with a little Splenda. It kind of reminds me of Big Red gum (which sounds kinda nasty for tea). But it is amazing! :dizzy:

I was one of those people who liked coffee with my milk and not sweet. However after 9 months, I've settled on just black or for a ~once a day treat with some sugar free syrup in it (0/0/0 on the sheet - but read the label, caramel I have found shows it has a carb in there). I don't do Mio or use any other sweeteners but I do use WF which I'm sure has hidden carbs if enough quantity is used. It's not that I like the sweet taste so much, but the flavoring does give it a smoother taste. I have also went to herbal teas. The Good Earth decaf Sweet and Spicey is a favorite, and some on the lemon ginger teas are great too.

kellyrn
I use 1/2 a vanilla drink and a shot of 0/0/0 English Toffee syrup and I LOVE IT! I was also one of those "coffee as dessert" people. While this is no where near as sweet as mine used to be, I don't miss it having it this way either. Before I found a way to make it I missed my coffee. Now I can still have it! :carrot:

English Toffee.....that sounds like a winner. I'll have to shop around. I'm in a fairly small city so I think the only SF they stock around here is French Vanilla and Caramel.

GetYa1
Day #1 for me today....cant wait to lose this belly! Starting at 191, goal 142...used to be 242, ready to transform my body!!!

Good luck! You can totally do this. Today is Day 8 for me.

ZOMBIEDAWN
04-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Hi All! Sounds like you're all having a great start to your day! I definitely get the jealousy bit.... why can't they just be happy for us, right? It takes more energy to be nasty!

Well, I'm one pound away from my halfway mark, 30 lbs lost , and I'm just so dang excited! I want to go shopping for swimsuits, too but I'm just not there yet..... but I know I will be!

Good job you guys for staying strong over the holiday!

aliboo723
04-01-2013, 11:24 AM
English Toffee.....that sounds like a winner. I'll have to shop around. I'm in a fairly small city so I think the only SF they stock around here is French Vanilla and Caramel.

I found it at Bed, Bath and Beyond. The name brand is Jordan's Skinny Syrups.
I too am from a VERY small community of about 300 ppl. I have to drive about an hour to get to anything "good" like BBB, Whole Foods or a "fruit stand". I go about once per week to get the bulk of my goodies and then I pick up lettuce when I run out in the middle of the week at a local place (30 minutes from home).
I made a promise to myself when I started this program that I was going to do what it takes to stay 100% on it! I treat the drive in to get my goodies as a treat for myself instead of "having" to do it. (I'm not implying anything, just sharing the way I look at it to keep myself positive. I have a bad habit of focusing on the negative when talking about myself and have to work at staying positive. :D)

Spiritman
04-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Happy Easter all. Not doing/feeling so great today. Jumped on the scale and surprise, surprise a +5 pound increase. WTF?

Been 100% on plan, lots of water, and no constipation. The only thing I can think of is the wife has tried a IP recipe that called for tomatoes a couple of days ago and we have been using a Dijon mustard that's supposed to be 0/0/0 for salad dressing -another IP recipe. This may be the cause. Today I feel terrible - just like I did the first 3-4 days when I started IP. The only other time I've felt like this after using WF Ketchup. I'm beginning to think my body just doesn't like the occasional vegetables and that there is something in these condiments my body doesn't respond well to.

I'm hoping this is just an aberration and things will return to normal.

On the plus side was at my family's for Easter yesterday and was able to do a clothing exchange with my father. He was able to take most of my clothes that no longer fit and I was able to grab a few of his clothes that I now fit into. Looks like I'm down two pants sizes and darn close to 2 shirt sizes.

Another NSV it was fun watching the DW fashion model a lot of her clothes that are now too big. She has been feeling a bit down I think because she hasn't experienced the big losses I have so it was nice to see her smile when she was showing me how baggy her clothes are getting.

Today we are having her side over. Her SIL parents will join us - they are both on IP so the meal will truly be IP friendly.

tallgirl231
04-01-2013, 12:19 PM
I went out of town for the weekend to help my nephew find a short term apartment for an internship this summer. I did my best at sticking OP. The bigger deal for me was not looking at the "vacation" as an excuse to go crazy and eat forbidden foods. In the past, I would give myself a break and go back to my horrible carb laden habits. This time, I took a pass on the bread or burger and was absolutely fine with it. The family went to a frozen custard place and I had a proti-diet bar while they enjoyed their treats. I truly felt OK with it all. This is just such a revelation to me that my mindset for the first time in my 52 years is about learning a new way to eat and live. This excites me! I just may be able to maintain this lifestyle once and for all. Skinny tastes better.

kellyrn
04-01-2013, 12:29 PM
I found it at Bed, Bath and Beyond. The name brand is Jordan's Skinny Syrups.
I too am from a VERY small community of about 300 ppl. I have to drive about an hour to get to anything "good" like BBB, Whole Foods or a "fruit stand". I go about once per week to get the bulk of my goodies and then I pick up lettuce when I run out in the middle of the week at a local place (30 minutes from home).
I made a promise to myself when I started this program that I was going to do what it takes to stay 100% on it! I treat the drive in to get my goodies as a treat for myself instead of "having" to do it. (I'm not implying anything, just sharing the way I look at it to keep myself positive. I have a bad habit of focusing on the negative when talking about myself and have to work at staying positive. :D)
Thanks for the tip. I would have never thought to look at Bed Bath and Beyond. May give me a reason to stock my Keurig again!:carrot:

kellyrn
04-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Hi All! Sounds like you're all having a great start to your day! I definitely get the jealousy bit.... why can't they just be happy for us, right? It takes more energy to be nasty!

Well, I'm one pound away from my halfway mark, 30 lbs lost , and I'm just so dang excited! I want to go shopping for swimsuits, too but I'm just not there yet..... but I know I will be!

Good job you guys for staying strong over the holiday!

Awesome job on getting to your halfway mark!

mightbe
04-01-2013, 12:47 PM
I believe she is on Medifast and not IP. I know that they have a 5 and 1 plan...it is 5 supplements and 1 lean and green meal.

Erica6700
04-01-2013, 01:10 PM
I seriously just choked down a mixed greens salad with cucumber and onion on it...DRY...yuck! I did it though...I am at work and wanted to make sure I got my veggies in...guess I didnt realize how many of my usual fixings on a salad are not allowed. Note to self....bring your own salad and dont forget the WF dressing that is sitting at home in the fridge!
Usually go for a 4 mile fast walk on lunch...had to turn that down too. It's OK though....when Ketosis kicks in and the weight starts falling off I can say hello to beach body this summer!

Suchawittygal
04-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Good morning! I'm happy to see that a lot of folks had a great OP weekend and things are going well!
I am very proud of myself, I stayed away from all the temptations this weekend, I honestly didn't think I could do it.
A nice NSV for me....I went shopping on Saturday for some slacks/work clothes and was very pleased to find that I'm actually in a size 8 now! UN-Freakin'-beliveable!! I haven't been this size since before college. Wow. What an accomplishment. :carrot:

GetYa1
04-01-2013, 01:15 PM
I seriously just choked down a mixed greens salad with cucumber and onion on it...DRY...yuck! I did it though...I am at work and wanted to make sure I got my veggies in...guess I didnt realize how many of my usual fixings on a salad are not allowed. Note to self....bring your own salad and dont forget the WF dressing that is sitting at home in the fridge!
Usually go for a 4 mile fast walk on lunch...had to turn that down too. It's OK though....when Ketosis kicks in and the weight starts falling off I can say hello to beach body this summer!

I've learned to fix my own salad and a side of dressing the night before for my husband. It helps him not feel compelled to eat something not OP and it's easy for him when lunch time rolls around. We keep telling ourselves the same thing...once summer comes around...we'll be looking great! :beach:

Debrasb
04-01-2013, 01:21 PM
A nice NSV for me....I went shopping on Saturday for some slacks/work clothes and was very pleased to find that I'm actually in a size 8 now! UN-Freakin'-beliveable!! I haven't been this size since before college. Wow. What an accomplishment. :carrot:

Congrats! I actually had the same thing happen on Saturday -- last time I was this size was in high school!!

I am really struggling with things right now. I have 15 lbs left, and for some reason the last week I have been absolutely starving. I'm thinking about food constantly and just really hungry. I haven't had this happen the whole time I've been on IP, and I just don't know what's going on. I have stayed OP, but I'm really having a hard time not eating a bunch of bars!!

newday2013
04-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Does anybody have a favorite way of preparing the IP potato puree?

randygrl
04-01-2013, 01:37 PM

I'm so happy for you! I know the fear of the bikini :o. I have not been in one since my honeymoon almost 8 years ago. One of my goals is to lose enough to get back into one and be comfortable by our 8th anniversary in August.

Love you NSVs! :)

harper75
04-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Having a hard time after Easter and traveling to Disneyland. I haven't completely broken every rule but it would be easier after driving for 5 hours!

Desafinado
04-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Still losing slowly (at least more slowly than I was initially) on the scale, but losing inches.

I'm traveling this week and this will be my first big challenge while on this diet. I'm planning ahead and I have let my traveling partner know that my eating will be restricted in many ways, but that doesn't mean we can't have a great time.

Send travel weightloss sparkles and confetti my way!

Desafinado
04-01-2013, 01:45 PM

I dunno that I will ever be confident enough for a bikini, but good for you rocking it out with the new body girlie!

Donna Gel
04-01-2013, 01:52 PM

Normally I have vanilla latte using the vanilla drink. IT was totally not worth it. IT tasted great, but was not worth three days of getting back to where I need to be. I pretty much lost a week.

Suchawittygal
04-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I am really struggling with things right now. I have 15 lbs left, and for some reason the last week I have been absolutely starving. I'm thinking about food constantly and just really hungry. I haven't had this happen the whole time I've been on IP, and I just don't know what's going on. I have stayed OP, but I'm really having a hard time not eating a bunch of bars!!

OMG! The SAME EXACT thing has been happening to me! I have not had this problem all through the past 25 weeks on program, but all of a sudden in the past week, I'm absolutely STARVING! It has been a real struggle.

lisa32989
04-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Potato rolls! (see my muffin recipe in the recipe thread)

Fabulousatfifty
04-01-2013, 01:59 PM
I am starting week 9 and down 25 lbs. We were away Easter weekend at the beach and I found it VERY hard to stay on program. You see, I am really addicted to popcorn and it presented itself. I made up this game in my head that I could have it because I was being so good and not having the kids candy - ugh! I am up one pound this morning from Friday morning, and I am sad and struggling to stay OP today. I am kind of outside my body. I had to find our the hard way that is it true what all the folks on this forum say, the cheat causes so much havoc - it is just not worth it.....
I just needed to vent and pray that I can get back on program and be HAPPY.

Debrasb
04-01-2013, 02:00 PM
OMG! The SAME EXACT thing has been happening to me! I have not had this problem all through the past 25 weeks on program, but all of a sudden in the past week, I'm absolutely STARVING! It has been a real struggle.

You and I are obviously in sync! I really have no idea what to do other than muddle through, but it is definitely a big struggle. I am glad to be in the office today--at home I found myself having a little extra protein.

I am hopeful this feeling will pass soon. I wonder if it's our bodies freaking out a bit from not being this tiny in so long (20 years for me). My coach had no idea, and I think suspected I went off program which is not the case.

Suchawittygal
04-01-2013, 02:04 PM
You and I are obviously in sync! I really have no idea what to do other than I am hopeful this feeling will pass soon. I wonder if it's our bodies freaking out a bit from not being this tiny in so long (20 years for me). My coach had no idea, and I think suspected I went off program which is not the case.

I think you're right on there...our bodies are saying WTF?! LOL. I find myself drinking more hot tea and water, it's helping a LITTLE, but my body is still wanting more. ugh. If you find anything that works for you, please PM me and let me know what it is..I'll do the same!

randygrl
04-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Happy April Fools Day! I hope everyone had a nice Easter.
Well, today is day one on the last diet I will ever need! So far so good. I had my coffee today with one stevia packet and a little of the RTD vanilla for my creamer per suggested by my coach and the crispy cereal. Not a fan of the cereal but am open to suggestions. Drank 30 oz of H2O, which is huge for me. Snacked on celery and dill pickles to handle my munchy attacks. I just made the veggie chili with a few changes and OMG! :D. Here is what I did:
Veggie chili IP packet
1 1/2 - 2 cups H2O depends on much liquid you like in your soup.
1/2 cup red pepper chopped
1/2 cup yellow pepper chopped
1/2 cup broccoli chopped
1/2 cup cauliflower chopped
4 ozs of cooked turkey breast chopped
Some salt, paprika, chili powder, & cumin
Cook on stove top till veggies are tender.

Hope this might inspire someone else.

tam67green
04-01-2013, 03:18 PM

I make flatbread. Add about 5 tbsp of water to the puree, mix well (should be a pancake batter consistency), then cook it like a pancake. I usually sautee veggies (peppers, zucchini) in Mexican seasoning, and it's like a veggie fajita!

newday2013
04-01-2013, 03:26 PM
I make flatbread. Add about 5 tbsp of water to the puree, mix well (should be a pancake batter consistency), then cook it like a pancake. I usually sautee veggies (peppers, zucchini) in Mexican seasoning, and it's like a veggie fajita!

Sounds great, thanks! And Lisa, the zucchini muffins are in the oven!

bellasamimom
04-01-2013, 03:28 PM

I make it with steamed cauliflower and water and then blend it together. It is so yummy!!! I just add salt and pepper.:dizzy:

rubygirl05
04-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Is anyone in the US able to get the BBQ ridges? My Dr says they're stuck at the US border waiting on FDA approval. I'm a savory person and I'm really missing my chip fix...but I don't like dill or cheese (white cheddar crisps made me sick).

I wonder if it's possible to order them online in the US.

ETA: Has anyone tried the southwest cheese curls? Dr said they actually were more spicy than cheesy. Anything comparable taste-wise so I have an idea what they're like?

workingit50
04-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Today is my WI... down 2.8 lbs and was measured for the first time since starting (7 weeks ago). I have lost a total of 13" and it was evenly distributed.

For the coffee discussion, I tried the Vanilla drink as the creamer and it seems to clump at the bottom of my coffee, like a vanilla blop (which I throw out). Does that happen to others? what to do?

cdnmomof2
04-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Hello. Today was my WI. down 3lbs.. not too bad considering I'm battling mono, the big C and AF is due in the next day or so! Total of 13lbs lost in 2 weeks :carrot:

Momto2cs
04-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Hunger seems to become more of an issue as you lose weight and stored bodyfat. You need to embrace a little hunger and consider it fat burning time!

Momto2cs
04-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Working it-I often used cold coffee and mixed in vanilla pudding watered down and reheated.

scorbett1103
04-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Today is my WI... down 2.8 lbs and was measured for the first time since starting (7 weeks ago). I have lost a total of 13" and it was evenly distributed.

For the coffee discussion, I tried the Vanilla drink as the creamer and it seems to clump at the bottom of my coffee, like a vanilla blop (which I throw out). Does that happen to others? what to do?

I would either mix it up ahead of time and keep it in my fridge, or buy the RTD just for my coffee creamer. I can imagine the powder wouldn't mix up right if you just added a little to the coffee, plus it would be really hard to tell just how much you used!

lisa32989
04-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Is anyone in the US able to get the BBQ ridges? My Dr says they're stuck at the US border waiting on FDA approval.

My coach said there was a QA issue.
Sounds like something must have happened with production.

benice
04-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Is anyone in the US able to get the BBQ ridges? My Dr says they're stuck at the US border waiting on FDA approval. I'm a savory person and I'm really missing my chip fix...but I don't like dill or cheese (white cheddar crisps made me sick).

I wonder if it's possible to order them online in the US.

ETA: Has anyone tried the southwest cheese curls? Dr said they actually were more spicy than cheesy. Anything comparable taste-wise so I have an idea what they're like?

I agree. They are spicy. I can't think of a good comparison except maybe those trader joe's flavored tortilla chips. The flavor is not at all the same, but the type of spiciness feels the same to me. It's a nice flavor to me except for the spiciness. I don't enjoy that part.

However, I do like them more than the BBQ ridges which taste very cardboard-y to me.

MntRose
04-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Maybe a NSV, I went to and signed up for an account at MFP. I have a terrible track record with an online tracking site (have had no problem with keeping my food journal though.) Will try to keep it updated, even found where to change my goals, Honestly that took me an hour in itself. Believe I have the goals at 950 calories, 15% carbs, 55% protein and 30% fat. Does that seem about right? (the carbs at that % is 36 grams a day, and thought the range is roughly 20-40)

Also ended up doing some of my continuing education to keep credentials up to date but got interrupted by a bill collector saying I owe for a credit card I paid off ten years ago! I am sad, angry and depressed since that call and have no idea how to prove I paid for it other than swearing I know I did. I have since divorced and moved twice and I was able to keep very little paper work from the period before the divorce.

ragdoll74
04-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Today was my WI. down 3lbs.. not too bad

Not sure what your expectations are but 3lbs lost is a fantastic WI.

Lesa03
04-01-2013, 11:54 PM
I'm just starting week 2 down 4lbs and feeling pretty good. I didn't know that there were so many options for cooking with the packets! I am so excited! This forum is so helpful!