Fitness Videos - April 2013 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In

Diana3271
03-31-2013, 07:31 PM
We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month! :cheer2:

Precious Little
03-31-2013, 08:27 PM
Hi everyone.

Just couldn't wait to report that (after a brief spell a few weeks ago where I had to cease all exercise because I got really sick) I'm back to fighting fit and have one "week" of Chalean Extreme Lean Circuit to go. Yaaay!! :carrot: I never thought I'd get to finish it (esp. since I took it very slow and at my own pace).

So what's next? I am looking forward to starting Turbo Fire - haven't decided whether to do a hybrid with CLX or just do Turbo Fire straight to begin with. From what I've watched it looks like so much fun, and there is an element of strength training too - so I may end up sticking to the TF program as it was originally designed. Maybe after that I might be in better shape to give Insanity another shot - who knows?

TurboLaura
04-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Hey ladies!
Welcome Precious Little! TF is fabulous and I think that you'll enjoy it and get great results.

Diana- hope that you're well! I failed miserably with the whole moderation this yesterday, too, and I feel so sick today.

This is my recovery week of Insanity but Core Cardio and Balance will still be tough, I'm sure! My goal for the next 5 weeks is to be 145.

Teacher - how was Easter?

Diana3271
04-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF TLC (premix - both workouts)
1000 Jump Ropes

Precious Little Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: I still love TF after all this time. I would do TF alone the first time. It does have weights so you will still get the weight training.

Teacher Hi :wave:

Laura Good luck with your goal of 145! You can do it. I'm surprised that I don't feel so bad today. Of course I feel bloated. Last night I had a bad case of the thirsties! :lol:

teacher1
04-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Welcome Precious Little!!! I would do whatever makes you happy. Maybe just start with TF and add the CLX if you feel you need it.

Laura- you're so focused :) I'm sure you'll make your goal

Diana- 1000 jump... that's impressive

today- elip 30 min & walk on treadmill 20 min

Diana3271
04-02-2013, 02:31 PM

Check-In: Shape Bikini Body Camp Redefining Workout (both workouts) w/#5's

I was gifted this workout from a member of another forum that I frequent. I have had this workout on my wish list forever. The workout has weight training, but it's cardio based. They called it "cardio weight training". It felt good and I had my heart rate up the entire time. I wanted to give this workout a try for my first weight workout for this month. I will continue the rest of the month with my original plan of doing the Project You workout. It's funny, I rarely get DOM's from weights. It's always makes me wonder if I am doing something wrong. That's why I keep trying to up the weights. It's a vicious cycle. I have done 3 cardio based workouts since ending my 30 DS rotation and I have DOMS. Go figure. I have glute/hamstring and upper back DOMS.

Teacher I have always enjoyed jumping rope, for some reason. Good job on staying consistent.

Waving Hi all around! :wave:

TurboLaura
04-02-2013, 07:17 PM
:wave: Happy Tuesday!!

Teacher - 50 minutes of cardio is AWESOME! Keep up the good work :) Thanks for your compliment...I haven't been in the 140's since I was about 14! I will do it!

Diana - Sounds like a great program. Is it through Shape magazine?? Soreness means you're pushing!

Same workout every day this week! Insanity Core Cardio and Balance.

Diana3271
04-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Laura It's an older Shape workout. Did you come down with a cold or did it pass?

teacher1
04-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Way to go on the workouts :)

today- title boxing class 1 hour- I went with 2 friends and it was kind of a bootcamp with punching bags. It was very intense. I'll have to see how the hip handles it. We have a group-on for 2 weeks that will probably start next week.

Diana3271
04-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Teacher I am excited for you! :carrot: Was it fun? I hope the class doesn't cause any problems for your hip.

teacher1
04-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Diana- yes, it was fun :) I'm sore today but ready to head back. I think we're going back next week.

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
04-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Hey ladies :wave:

Teacher - that sounds like lots of fun and an awesome workout!!!
Diana - Today is my first day feeling more like myself. The fatigue and blah-ness has been so darn intense. I'm usually full of energy, especially at school, and I actually took Monday off. So unlike me! Thanks for asking.

Taking today as my rest day instead of Sunday. I;ve pushed through all the workouts even though I've been tired but I will take today off!

Diana3271
04-03-2013, 09:04 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

Teacher Good news that you are ok after the workout class.

Laura Glad you are feeling better.

Diana3271
04-04-2013, 05:12 PM

I can see the weekend from here! :carrot:

Check-In:
Project You Full Body Circuit w/10's
500 Jump Ropes

teacher1
04-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Hi ladies!!

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
04-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Glad it's Thursday night!

Insanity Core Cardio and Balance....getting old doing the same workout EVERY day!!!

Diana3271
04-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Glad it's Thursday night!

Insanity Core Cardio and Balance....getting old doing the same workout EVERY day!!!

Ha Ha you should try doing the same Jillian workout for 10 days straight. :rofl: Hang in there. I was really getting tired of Insanity by the second month. The workouts are longer and about killed me. :lol: But it's like an accomplishment to get through it. (it is a freakin' accomplishment not like an accomplishment). :rofl:

Teacher Good job on the elliptical.

Diana3271
04-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :woohoo: I hope you have a great weekend! :carrot:

Check-In
The Firm Fat Burning Sculpting Ball Workout w/#6 ball
TF Fire 30 w/hand weights

tubolard
04-05-2013, 10:27 PM
3 miles (36 minutes)
Wii PT Easy Legs: 2 sets/11 exercises (18 minutes)

Precious Little
04-06-2013, 02:38 AM
Thanks you guys for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to posting more regularly and keeping myself somewhat more accountable :exercise:

Diana, TurboLaura & Teacher: I agree with the suggestions to just do the Turbo Fire as is first up. It's good to know there is a solid strength component in Turbo Fire - I think I will just try it out and see how it goes - but I definitely want to stick to it and see it through. Chalene's screen presence is really engaging and energetic so I'm sure it will be fun.

I tried out the TF HIIT 15 workout earlier this week just out of curiosity and it nearly killed me - that's me though, jump in boots and all.... I just couldn't hold back cuz it was so exciting... :hyper: but man I was sore for days after that. It was intense!!

Check in: Last Chalean Extreme Lean Circuit 2 - done! Just a little further...

teacher1
04-06-2013, 05:43 PM
tubolard- welcome!!!

precious little- you're sooo close to your goal :)

Down 1 pound this week. My bathroom repairs are finally finished today :)
Tonight, I'm watching the final 4 bball game and cheering on Wichita State University :) Everyone here is so proud the team has made it this far. I'm not a huge sports fan but it's exciting when they make it this far.

today- rest

Diana3271
04-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Check-In: LM Sports Attack

tubolard Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Precious Little Those Hiits are tough!

Laura I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Teacher Good job on the pound! Enjoy the game!

TurboLaura
04-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Hey ladies!! :wave:

Been a very nice weekend and I'm looking forward to starting the advanced month of Insanity! WAHOO1 145 here I come :)

Diana - you're right :) Congrats on getting through 10 days of the same workout!
Tubolard - welcome!
PreciousLittle - Gotta love those hiits!!!!
Teacher - :wave: Glad that your bathroom is done! YAY on the 1 pound!

Take care everyone :)

Core Cardio and Balance for me tonight.

teacher1
04-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Hi ladies!!!

I'm having a lazy, rainy day here. I have PT tomorrow.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
04-07-2013, 09:11 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 45 w/hand weights

Where did the weekend go?

Teacher I hope your PT goes well. How is your hip doing? Good job on the elliptical.

Laura Good luck with month 2! You can do it! How is your Mom doing? still keeping her in my thoughts.

teacher1
04-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Diana- I rescheduled my appointment for Wed. The hip is overall better but still very tender right on the hip bone area. It's manageable but I hate not being able to go full force at workouts. I really miss zumba and turbo fire.

today- elip 30 min and walk on treadmill 20 min

Diana3271
04-08-2013, 04:46 PM

Check-In: The Firm Cardio Sculpt w/#10's

This workout was an absolute fail for me. I didn't like it at all, no fun what so ever. Unless something else comes up, I will be doing Project You Full Body Circuit for my weight training. I at least wanted to try another workout that was recommended to me.

Teacher Hang in there. I hope your hip will completely heal. Do you have any follow up Dr. appointments/X-rays about your hip?

TurboLaura
04-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Hey ladies!
Diana - I hate it when a workout feels like a failure. What about mixing in TF or Insanity for cardio with Project you? Thanks for asking about my mom. She finished her Radiation on Friday :carrot: but she is feeling SO tired and she has some other side affects. The great news is she had a body scan and there isn't any visible cancer anywhere! She's so important to me and this was REALLY scary. I'll be seeing her on Monday, as I'm on vaca next week!
Teacher - glad you are feeling somewhat better...you'll get there!

Insanity Max Circuit. WOW - 60 minutes of Insanity and I really liked it :)

teacher1
04-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Diana- no follow up planned.... the x-ray never showed anything so I won't need another one

Laura- that's wonderful news about your mom being done with treatments!!! I hope she starts to feel better soon. Glad you get to see her soon.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
04-09-2013, 04:36 PM

Check-In: LM Live Combat 60 w/weighted gloves (cardio portion)

Laura Good news about your Mom finishing her treatment and having a clear scan. :carrot: She will build her energy back up. I'm glad you will get to see her next week. Enjoy your time together.

Teacher Good job on the elliptical. Has the weather warmed up there? We are in the low 80's today.

TurboLaura
04-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Hey ladies!

Thanks for your kind words about mom :)

Insanity Max Plyo tonight. 1 word. WOW. I had to go to my knees for some of the pushups for the first time. YIKES! Intense and long at 55 minutes.

teacher1
04-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Diana- the weather is all over the place... flip flops on Tues and today rain and ice all over the place.

Laura- great job on your workouts!!!

I had PT today and it went okay. Adding more strength moves. Next appointment is in 2 weeks.

today- 1 hour PT... bike and strength moves

Diana3271
04-10-2013, 07:47 PM

Check-In: Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing w/weighted gloves

Teacher It sounds like you are making progress. Are the strength moves at the PT or on your own?

Laura Good job pushing through! Something funny about when I did Insanity . . . Several times I was on my hands and knees . . . panting and looking at my puddle of sweat on the floor. :lol:

TurboLaura
04-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Hey ladies!!!!!

Teacher - keep it up! You're really increasing your workout times!
Diana - yes, lots and lots of sweat! How was your workout?

Max Cardio Conditioning tonight. Glad it was 47 minutes instead of 55 or 59! I'm struggling with my eating, ladies. Still working out like a maniac but def over eating. I'm dying for carbs so I've been having whole wheat toast, which isn't too bad, but still too much food. I will keep working at it. :)

teacher1
04-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Diana- they teach me the strength moves at PT and then I do them at home

today- off to title boxing class- 1 hour tonight.. yikes

Diana3271
04-11-2013, 08:57 PM

KCM's 30 MTF Cardio Quick Fix ( Premix - both workouts)

Teacher Woo Hoo! Enjoy the class! :boxing: I can't wait to hear about how it went.

Laura I have heard about people struggling with their eating when they do higher intensity workouts. Try to eat a little extra protein. The extra protein will help with building muscles since Insanity does a lot of body strength exercises. Try to focus on protein and watch the carbs. The carbs will keep that vicious cycle of hunger going. Keep up the great work!

TurboLaura
04-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Hey all!

Diana - I agree...I'm feeling the old urges to just eat, which is so hard for me to break. You know how that goes. I swear, 1 off day and I'm off for a LONG time.

Teacher - how was the class?

I'm scheduled for Max recovery tonight. I have to say, the results with Insanity are very real, even though I've been eating too much. YAY..afraid of the scale now, though. :(

Precious Little
04-12-2013, 05:40 AM
Hey all - just checking in:

I did CLX Burn Intervals 2 days ago and am still sore - but I'm proud to say I gave it 110% (hence the soreness I suppose!), and gave myself a couple of days off working out. Probably will do a yoga tomorrow.

teacher1
04-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Hi ladies!!

The class was even harder the second time. Lots of boot camp stuff which is hard for me but I love when we punch the heavy bags. I'm very sore today so taking a rest day. I'm going back tomorrow. I have a 2 week group-on so I'm going to try to go as much as possible... if my hip holds up.

Diana3271
04-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TIGF! :woohoo: I hope you have a great weekend!

Check-In: Project You Full Body Circuit w/10's

Precious Little Great job on the workout!

Laura Keep working it!

Teacher Congratulations on the class! :carrot:

TurboLaura
04-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Hey ladies!

Keep up the good work, Teacher, Diana and Precious Little :carrot:

Insanity Max Interval for me today. I took Friday as my day off. I did Turbo Fire on Thurs instead of the recovery workout and my arms were quite sore! I was surprised but the weighted gloves do make a difference and it was something different! I was really in the mood for Chalene's energy :)

teacher1
04-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Happy Saturday :) No change in my weight this week

today- title boxing 1 hour

Diana3271
04-13-2013, 09:43 PM

Check-In: 5 Mile Mall Walk

I haven't done a mall walk since the Fall, I think. This workout just about killed me. :D Walking is hard stuff! Seriously! It's funny how doing a different workout than normal can be so challenging. I don't feel sore right now, but I was thinking at the end of my walk, that I might not even be able to walk tomorrow. :D I could really feel it in my hips and glutes. I think walking could get you in good shape. :D

Teacher How did it go today? Are you feeling sore? Do you think you could do Turbo Jam?

Laura Gotta love some Chalene. ;)

Precious Little
04-14-2013, 04:43 AM
Hey everyone!!

Did The Firm Power Yoga workout last night and it really helped take out the DOMS from earlier in the week, but my big news is I finally finished Chalean Extreme and I feel great !! :woohoo:

I will give myself a couple days to recover before I start Turbo Fire.

So happy you fine peeps are here offering encouragement - it seems DH just doesn't 'get' how exciting and amay-zing it is to finish something as tough as these programs we are doing.

teacher1
04-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Diana- the mall walk sounds great :carrot: I asked the PT about turbo fire, turbo jam, and turbokick and they said not yet since it's so much kicking. They said the reason I probably got injured was from my lack of balance and core strength. They really want me doing elip, cycling, pilates, and yoga. I'm just focusing on this boxing class now since it's so intense. Truthfully, it might be a little intense for the hip but I really wanted to go with my friends and it's only for 2 weeks. My hamstrings and arms are really sore today. I really like the class and would love to sign up but you have to sign up for a full year. So it probably won't happen since I already have a ymca membership which is 5 minute from my house and the boxing is 20 minutes away. I really want to keep going but I'm guessing, I eventually would stop going as much. It's $60 a month which is a little more than the ymca membership. I might buy a heavy bag for my house cause that's the part of class I like best. If anything, it will motivate me to get back to going to the ymca classes. We'll see how the next week and half goes.

Laura- :dancer: enjoy your week off!!!

Precious Little- :congrat: on finishing CLX!!!! I have that program but never made it very far since I struggle with strength.

today- rest.... only doing some hip strength moves

Diana3271
04-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: I must still be alive :D
Les Mills Step (yes, I think they are trying to kill you. I don't understand that point, though :D)
Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Jog

The Les Mills Step workout isn't a regular step workout. Yes, in Diana's overly dramatic brain, it's some type of torture treatment. It is more plyo than regular step cardio. Yes, I know I should have taken my step height down when they told me to. Geesh, do I ever learn?

It looks like the Amazing Race will be coming on late tonight. I think I am going to go on an pop my no salt, no oil popcorn. I live such an exciting life. :lol: I look forward to the Amazing Race and no salt, no oil popcorn. :rofl:

Precious Little Ha Ha I can relate. I try to talk with DH about some of my diet/exercise stuff and I get that far off, dazed look from him. ;)

Teacher Ha Ha The mall walk about killed me and I think today's workout just about finished me off. ;) I understand now. I thought you were doing kickboxing. Keep doing what the PT says. They know. Keep up the great work.

Diana3271
04-15-2013, 04:14 PM

Keeping my thoughts and prayers with the people in Boston today.

Check-In: Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body w/#5's

I have light DOMS in my quads, hamstrings. I have major DOMS in my hips/glutes, calves and shins. Oh joy! All of this from cardio workouts. Again, I don't get DOMS like this from my weight lifting workouts for some reason.

teacher1
04-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Diana- I know... it's so terrible about the situation in Boston. Feel better

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
04-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Hey ladies!

Precious Little - CONGRATS on finishing CLX!!! That's awesome :
Teacher - Keep up the good work! Getting a bag at your house sounds like a great idea!
Diana - something new can feel different...sig different! TF made my arms sore for 2 days even though I'm doing Insanity!

Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning tonight!

Diana3271
04-16-2013, 04:25 PM

Check-In: LM Combat 60 (cardio portion) w/weighted gloves

Laura Are you on vacation this week?

Teacher Are you subbing any this week?

Precious Little When are you starting Turbo Fire?

Precious Little
04-17-2013, 07:19 AM
Hey everyone!! I've still been working out - just been away from the computer all this time and thought I better check in.

Laura - big respect to you for doing Insanity! I lasted about 2 weeks into the program it was just too intense for me (Silly of me to think I could just jump straight in ... not having done CLX, TF or any other hardcore workout before). I am looking forward to one day giving it another shot - hoping TF will bring me up to that level.

Teacher - it took me a while to finish CLX (around 7 months to be exact) because I had some obstacles to push thru - shoulder issues, hip problems and various periods of illness, but by modifying what I was doing, using lighter weights and resting often, I made it!! I think you should consider giving it another go when you feel ready - often the things that are hard for you to do might be exactly what you need to round out your overall fitness... example push ups - I HATED them, but now I love them, cuz I do them all the time.

Diana - LM Combat 60 sounds tough - what is the intensity level on those? And what is the weight in the gloves? Gloves with weights in 'em kinda sound intimidating to me.

To answer your question I started Turbofire yesterday!! Did Fire 30 + Stretch 10, (some of the faster kick/punch sequences were hard to pick up straight off the bat though). I pulled up so well today (only minor soreness this morning - for me that's awesome), that I decided to push on and do HIIT 15 + Stretch 10 tonight. SO.MUCH.FUN!! I will abide by the rest day tomorrow - or perhaps just do some gentle yoga if I'm sore, but I'm thinking I will be able to handle this program just fine! My fave part has to be the music - I love the fact that Chalene has had input into the mixes.

teacher1
04-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Diana- I subbed yesterday morning... not subbing as much lately since I've been busy at home

PL- Thanks for the advice... I'll have to relook at the program in a few weeks

I took my dogs to the vet today and happy to report some weight loss. My boxer lost 4 pounds and has 4-5 to go & my little furbaby lost 1.6 with 1 pound to go :) Not sure how they lost this weight since I haven't been able to walk them with my hip problems. But I was happy to see some progress.

today- pilates 1 hour ymca (it was okay, but I know it's what my body needs- more core moves) & tonight 1 hour title boxing class

Diana3271
04-17-2013, 04:08 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 60 w/hand weights

Precious Little Good job on the TF! :carrot: Combat uses a little more control, so it more intense in that aspect. Turbo Fire is more intense cardio wise. My gloves are #2. I also use hand weights. I prefer weighted gloves but it's harder to use the gloves when I'm in my office trying to answer the phone. I have #1 and #2 pound hand weights that I use.

Waving Hi to Teacher and Laura :wave:

ETA: Teacher we were posting at the same time. :lol: Glad all is well with the fur babies. Great job on the workouts!

TurboLaura
04-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Hey ladies!!!

Keep up the good work :)

Diana -Yes, I'm on vacation this week! :carrot: I also love the weighted gloves for TF and Combat. NO WAY for Insanity!
Precious Little - Great job with TF!!! Chalene and her music are awesome :) You'll get the moves down in no time!!
Teacher - Yay for the pups and you. :bravo:

Les Mills Combat 30 and 2 hours of yard work today! Just had to change it up from Insanity tonight.

Take care all!

ghostly
04-18-2013, 02:21 PM
I hope no one minds me jumping in wayyy late here, but on a WHIM I decided to do Turbo Fire today. I did the Fire 30 + stretch 10, & I'm going to do my best to at least do 3-4 days a week, if not follow the program for 6 days a week! I hate working out but I have to say, Turbo Fire was not only fun, but it was over before I knew it!! Great thread, I hope to continue to follow it and see my results!

Diana3271
04-18-2013, 03:41 PM

Check-In:
TF Fire 45 w/#1 hand weights
1500 Jump Ropes

Laura Enjoy your vacation. Did you get a chance to visit your Mom?

ghostly Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

teacher1
04-18-2013, 07:36 PM
ghostly- welcome!!!

Diana3271
04-18-2013, 09:07 PM

Teacher Yay for you! :boxing: Do you wear the big gloves?

TurboLaura
04-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Hey ladies!!

Ghostly, WELCOME! You're going to love TF and with 3-4 days a week, you will see results!

Diana - hoping to see mom this Sat. We had some last minute tax issues come up on Monday. She's 20 miles North of Boston and I would have had a very difficult time getting back home if I went on Monday with the tragedy in Boston.

Teacher - Keep up the good work!

Max Cardio Conditioning for me tonight :) :yikes: I'm also supposed to do Insane Abs with it....

ghostly
04-19-2013, 01:30 PM
TurboLaura, thanks!! I'm gonna try to stick to the 6 days/week plan! Day 2!! HIIT 15 + Stretch 10. Boy those HIITs are intense, but I love them even more! I'm soo sore in my shoulders & back from these first two days, anyone else experience that? Its not a bad sore though, I can tell I got a workout! I'm so excited to see arm muscles, haha! Loving it so far! Keep it up everyone!

teacher1
04-19-2013, 03:31 PM
ghostly- yes, turbo fire will make your arms sore :) Glad you're liking it

Laura- i hope you get to visit your Mom tomorrow. It's so sad what happened in Boston and I'm sure it's very stressful around there.

Diana- I do wear the big boxing gloves.. mine are hot pink and we wear wraps under them... which I just learned how to put on myself. I really like the class but the hip is screaming after today's class.

I head out of town for my bother's soccer tournament tonight and it's last all weekend.

today- title boxing class 1 hour

Diana3271
04-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance: I hope you have a great weekend!

Check-In: Project You Full Body Circuit w/#10's

Laura The double whammy workout! :fr: You can do it! Enjoy your visit with your Mom tomorrow.

Ghostly Yes, you can definitely get sore. Keep up the great work!

Teacher Sorry the hip is bothering you today. Maybe resting for a couple days will help. Enjoy the soccer tournament.

Precious Little
04-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Diana - Combat sounds like something I might like to try in the future, thanks for the info.

Laura - I am really enjoying TF. I did Fire 30 and Stretch 10 last night and I have already got those fast kick/punch sequences up to about 80-85%, I reckon in a couple more tries I'll have them down pat!

Teacher - I know how it feels to have an overweight pet - got a fat cat at home, and he is going to go on a special vet calorie controlled diet (and its seriously difficult to exercise weight off a cat). Glad to hear you are making some progress with your dogs.

ghostly - :welcome: to the check-in! I see we are about at the same point in the TF calendar - like you, I'm also going to try to stick to the calendar as much as I can. I really noticed the sore arm thing too after the first couple of workouts, but the soreness from TF workouts doesn't linger the whole day for me, unlike Chalean Extreme (where the soreness would last for 2 days solid, or even longer) so I'm pleased about that.

Diana3271
04-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Check-In: Anni Mairs Life Force w/#3's

Diana3271
04-21-2013, 09:14 PM

I took a rest day. I got caught up with my office stuff, dusted the office, cleaned the bathrooms, and watered the plants. I just ran out of time.

teacher1
04-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Hi ladies!!!

ghostly
04-22-2013, 01:05 PM
I took a double rest day on Sat/Sun, did Fire 30 + Stretch 10 today! Hows everyone's Monday coming?

Diana3271
04-22-2013, 05:08 PM

Check-In: KCM's 30 MTF TLC w/weighted gloves (combo workout premix)

Teacher How was the soccer tournament? Is the hip better today?

Ghostly On my end, I'm hanging in there and working for the weekend. :lol: They just fly by so fast! How is your day?

Waving Hi all around!

TurboLaura
04-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Hey Ladies!

Hope that you're all well!

Teacher - Love the idea of pink gloves! Keep up the good work and nurse that hip!

Diana - Hope that you're well and had a good Monday! :)

Ghostly - YES on the arms/shoulder question! I sure felt it and honestly, I subbed a TF in during my Insanity week last week and still felt it the next day! The weighted gloves also add resistance. Keep it up!!

Precious Little - Hope that you're well and enjoying TF!

I've decided to actually do a week of TF this week :) I'm dying for some of Chalene's motivation and awesome moves! While Insanity is great, the MAX workouts are all almost 60 minutes and psychologically I'm having a hard time with it. Weird, huh? I loved month 1 but month 2, eh...... I also missed 3 workouts last week which I haven't done EVER since I started last Jan. Off to do Fire 45 EZ :)

Take care, ladies!

Diana3271
04-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Laura Month 2 is grueling! You may want to go back to do the last active week of month 1. That may help you transition back to month 2.

Diana3271
04-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Project You Full Body Circuit w/12's

I wanted to see how I would do with the 12's vs. the 10's I had been doing. I did it, but I just don't like the feeling of pushing my muscles like that. I love a challenge with cardio but not with weights.

Waving Hi all around. I hope your day and week is going well.

teacher1
04-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Diana- the soccer tournament went okay... played 3 games and only won 1 but they had fun. The hip is better but the long drive was a little rough on the hip.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
04-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
LM Combat 30 w/weighted gloves
LM Combat 30 Live w/weighted gloves

Teacher Hang in there with the hip. Good job on the elliptical. :carrot:

ghostly
04-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Did Fire 55 EZ yesterday & Fire 30 + Stretch 10 today! Can't wait to start seeing some results!

TurboLaura
04-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Hey ladies!

Hope that you're all well :)

Ghostly - keep it up :) Fire 55EZ is an awesome workout!
Diana - I hear you on the weight! ;) keep up the good work.
Teacher - how was your day :wave:

It's a beautiful, warm night here so I'll be taking a 3 mile walk with my boys and then doing core 20. The 1 mile of the walk is up steep hills so it's a good walk :)

teacher1
04-25-2013, 09:26 PM
Hi ladies!!!

We're going through some trouble with my younger brother who has mental health problems. So these last few days have been super stressful. I wasn't able to take any more boxing classes and my group-on ran out today. Also, my eating has out on control.

today- rest

Diana3271
04-25-2013, 10:09 PM

I am so ready for the weekend. I met with a real estate agent today about my Mom's house. All of this is so stressful. Ugh!

Check-In: TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

Teacher {{hugs}} Sorry that you are going through that right now. Hang in there.

This is a quick post since we had to work late and I just got home.

I am so ready for the weekend! Did I already say that? :lol:

teacher1
04-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Hi ladies-

Diana- :hug: I'm sorry, I know it must to be hard to decide what to do with your mom's house.

I'm heading out of town with my mom to visit my brother who is not doing very well. We hope to come back home tomorrow.

Everyone have a good night.

Diana3271
04-26-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :woohoo:

Check-In: Project You Full Body Circuit w/#10's and #1 weighted gloves. I liked this combo better than the 12's. It was better than the #10's since it was a little more of a challenge. Also, the weight in on the outside of this pair of gloves rather than the inside and outside for my usual gloves. It's easier to answer the phone with the weight on the outside vs. inside and outside. Also, they serve to provide extra support when I do pushups and tricep dips. I have used the gloves before for this purpose, but it works really well with this workout. I can put them on in the beginning and keep them on. Also, some of the cardio in this workout is boxing so they work well with that.

Teacher Sending you plenty of hugs and well wishes. I hope everything goes well when you and your Mom visit your brother.

Waving Hi to all the check-in buddies! :wave: I hope you have a great weekend!

Precious Little
04-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Happy weekend everyone!

Since my last check in I did TF Fire 55 EZ, Fire 30 + Stretch 10, Core 20 + Stretch 40. Had some family issues to deal with this week - so I've just been fitting it in when I can and resting where possible. I hope things will settle now so I will be looking forward to starting week 2 either today or tomorrow.

Diana3271
04-28-2013, 08:49 AM

I forgot to post last night. :o

Check-In: LM Sports Attack

Precious Little Sorry about the family issues. That type of stuff makes everyone so emotional and on edge. Hang in there. Good job on the workouts.

Diana3271
04-28-2013, 09:29 PM

No workout today. I did some shopping instead. :lol: I hate shopping with a passion, so if I get a hankering to do it, I better do it. I ended up with a new outfit and matching shoes. It took two days to find that. Have I mentioned that I hate shopping? :lol: Two days to find one outfit! :nono: That's crazy!

Precious Little
04-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Hi everyone, hope y'all are doing well and hanging in there.

Did TF Fire 45 + Stretch 10 the day before yesterday, and HIIT 20 + Stretch 10 last night. I thought I was going really well on the HIIT when BAM! Outta nowhere I got a bout of nausea :barf:. I know it was cardio induced because I've had this from running in the past. It disappeared pretty quick but that tells me I was working out beyond my max. Need to rein in my enthusiasm just a little so I don't get sick.

Diana thanks for the kind words. I know when I get emotionally drained is the time I need my workouts the most (and usually when I don't get as much time to dedicate to them), and it really does help.
Well done on your shopping haul! I have the opposite problem in that I love to shop and usually end up buying more than I intended :o more so now, too because I think I've changed from being a comfort eater to a comfort shopper instead!! Darn my addictive personality!

ghostly
04-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Haven't been able to do TF since last Thursday and won't be able to do it for at least a couple more days. :/ Didn't take into account I had a tattoo appointment to get a tattoo of mine worked out, and now my arm is so damn sore, there's NO WAY I'm gonna try to punch and sweat all over it, LOL. SO that sucks for me, but I can say, I see a difference in my body after 1 week, so I plan to start it up again as SOON as my arm is healing! Keep up the good work ladies!

teacher1
04-29-2013, 05:40 PM
Diana- at least you found an outfit... I'm not into shopping either

Precious Little- great job on the workouts!!! I have a hip problem so I know what you mean.. sometimes I get to pumped with working out and have to calm it down

Ghostly- what's your tattoo of?

Laura- how's work going?

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
04-29-2013, 08:30 PM
:wave: Ladies! I hope that you all had a great Monday :)

Teacher - Sorry to hear about some difficult times with your brother. How are you holding up through it all? :hug:

Diana - That must be SO difficult to think about selling your mom's house. :hug: thinking of you. Congrats on the outfits! I know it's not your fav thing to do, for sure :)

Precious Little - Good job getting the workouts in when you can! Good for you on being so committed even during trying times. I hope that this week is calmer for you:)

Ghostly - congrats on your new tattoo! What is it?

Fire 30 for me today. For the first time I worked out after school with some co-workers and it was WONDERFUL! Loved having other ladies there for support and the comradery was awesome :) We've booked every Mon and Fri for Turbo Fire together! It feels so good to be back on track. I'm going to do 2 Turbo Fire's, 3 Insanity's and 1 Les Mills Combat hiit workout a week for 1 month. After that, I will consider tackling Insanity again!

Take care all!

Diana3271
04-29-2013, 08:54 PM

Check-In:
TF Fire 30 w/weighted gloves
TF Fire 45 w/weighted gloves

Precious Little I have heard of people getting nauseated from overexerting with their workouts. Did it clear up right after the workout? I hope you are ok now.

ghostly How long does it take for a tattoo to heal? You might be able to do some walking until it has healed. I hope it heals quickly for you.

Teacher Is your brother doing better?

Laura Working out with the group sounds fun. Do you think they will want to try Insanity, too?

TurboLaura
04-30-2013, 07:39 PM
Hey all!

Hope that you've had a good day! Insanity Pure Cardio tonight :)

Diana - I bet that eventually we will do an Insanity but some will have to modify everything as they aren't able to jump. We're working out together again on Friday and have another teacher joining us!

Diana3271
04-30-2013, 08:23 PM

Check-In: Project You Full Body Circuit w/#12's + #1 weighted gloves

I don't know why I have such a mental block with the 12's. I can lift them. I wanted to try this combo today. I missed a few reps of the overhead presses, but that's it. I am weaker in the shoulder area so that is understandable. Right now, my plan for May is to continue to do the same rotation that I did for April. I will alternate cardio and Project You. I am going to try to continue with the same weights as above and have that as my goal. We'll see how it goes. ;)

Laura Are the other teachers in pretty good shape? It may be difficult to mix things up if there are different fitness levels.

Diana3271
04-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Getting us started for the new month! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/280728-may-2013-turbo-fire-more-check-all-types-workouts-welcome-check.html