Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 08:27 AM   #1  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Friday's here!

Couldn't come up wit ha creative name. It is a bit too early. I am soooooo glad it's Friday! Let's make it a reunion Friday! All the lurkers who we miss and haven't logged on for a while come one and update us on your life!!!! Just a thought.

Last night I worked late AGAIN. I got home around 7pm and DH wanted to go to Outback. The crazy part is I said No. I had no desire b/c I wasn't all that hungry. I surprised myself actually! So we stayed home and vegged. Tonight we are looking at another house and then I think we may see "Bruce Almighty". We watched "Liar, Liar" last night and it put us in a Jim Carrey mood. He is so hysterical to me. Well I will BBL.

I vote for a busy thread today. I just can't get enough of this banana
Old 05-23-2003, 10:13 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hey girls!

So yesterday was good. I had 24 points (range is 20-25). I also went to WI even though I am lifetime and went last week. But I dropped 1.4!!!! So I am PSYCHED!

Rina - if you forget your WI book you can still do WI. They will give you a sticker to put in your WI book when you get home! Yeah I saw the NJ/Ottawa game. Gonna watch game 7 tonight. The finals should be interesting cause by that point the Ducks won't have played a game for like 14 days!

KT - hope yoru headache gets better. what did the dr. say?

Sorry I don't have time to post more. I'll check back later. Work is busy-busy!
Old 05-23-2003, 10:33 AM   #3  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Becky - have fun house hunting tonight.

Lori - congrats on the 1.4 - apparently your eating habits haven't been as bad as you thought.

Well, I seem to have found my motivation again (I'm reserving judement on perserverance). Last night I bought a nice new notebook to use as a journal and this morning I forced myself to get on the scale and view the damage (we won't talk about that - it's ugly!). I passed up the Krispy Kreme donuts in the office in favor of yogurt and kashi. Yeah me! We have a wedding this weekend so I know I'm going to get a little off track this weekend - I figure if I go all out OP and get off track I'll discourage myself so from now through Monday my goal is simply to work-out, drink water and journal. I'll add in eating OP next Tuesday. Oh yeah - I managed to work-out a little bit this morning. I did 10 minute tone, 5 day abs, and 15 minutes of a yoga video. Nothing too strenuous but I feel better for having done it.

I have work piled in my inbox and only a 6 hour workday today so if I'm not back - hope all the American's have a lovely long weekend.

Laura
Old 05-23-2003, 11:00 AM   #4  

Hey Laura! Well I just changed my sig. I was up to 163.8 (eek! horrible ). Most of my pants still don't fit. I went to an old pair of jeans. I have to lose that other 6 pounds I gained to fit back into em! Yeah I have a long weekend. I can't wait! I took last friday off and this past monday too, so its 3 weeks of 4 day work weeks!
Old 05-23-2003, 12:24 PM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Morning all. I have a little less of a headache today but I COMPLETELY vegged last night so it probably just has something to do with all the studying I've been doing lately.
Rina - I found a friend to come over and be my "massuse" Hopefully it will be a relaxing night, candles, massage oil...who knows?
Becky - Liar, Liar is one of my favourite Jim Carey movies. I'm not fond of his toilet humor movies but Bruce looks like it will be good. Let us know.
Lori - Great WI! Did you ever get the color finished on your arm tatoo? Did you post pictures?
Laura - YAY motivation. Enjoy your weekend and have a great start to motivated week next week.
OK, I'm going to do my huge pile of e-mails. I'll check back in later and see if any of the lurkers took up Becky's call to post.
KT
Old 05-23-2003, 01:29 PM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

KT - I'd vote for the "who knows" part of the evening. Have waaaaayyyyy too much fun tonight!

Lori - I know what you mean about not fitting into pants - I'm up 15.3 from my lowest weight. Ugh.

Didn't have time to pack a lunch today but went to Subway instead of indulging in something sinful. Yeah!

Laura
Old 05-23-2003, 02:23 PM   #7  
Canadian Chick

Hey girlies!

Today is busy. I don't have to work but I doi have tons of stuff on the go. This morning I got a mole removed. It was wayless painlss than I thought it would be. Guess we'll see how it feels whent he freezing wears off. I get a massage this afternoon-highlight of the day Good thing too b/c I'm totally stressed-more brother trauma. I have a super headache. I've got lots to do before my appointment so I goota run. I hope you all have a great weekend. One ofour friends is coming to town & we haven't seen him in over 8 months. Should be a fun weekend. Its supposed to be 28-30 C all weekend. Crazy hot for this time of year!! Anyway maybe I'll pop in at the end of my day. Take care all!
Old 05-23-2003, 03:29 PM   #8  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

OK, OK, I'm coming out of hiding today. I've been lurking since this morning, so I figured I better get out here and post...

Well, I slept through my early morning Yoga/Pilates class, and ended up going to a different one. I didn't like it one little bit. I guess I'll have to get out of bed and get to the early class from now on.

After Yoga/Pilates, I hopped on the treadmill and walked while watching The Young and The Restless. If anyone is interested in a summary of what happened, just let me know.

Last night was not so good for me. I don't know what got into me, but after eating a big salad, I put away an entire package of Canadian bacon, an entire bag of nacho cheese popcorn cakes, and two Pecan Delights. I was so ashamed of myself. I don't know why I ate like that and I don't know why I didn't stop before I gave myself a stomachache. My mom told me that sometimes if she has salad two nights in a row, the second night she has one, she wants something else. So, maybe I'm like that, too. I don't know, but I've been a good girl today, so hopefully yesterday was just a little bump in a road.

So, do you guys have anything fun planned for the weekend? My plans are pretty boring--work at second job tonight, then hang out with Aaron. Tomorrow my sister is graduating from college and I'm probably going out celebrating with her tomorrow night. Sunday and Monday I have nothing planned, so hopefully I'll get a little stamping done.

Becki--Way to go saying no to Outback. Even if I wasn't hungry, I'd still have said yes. You are far stronger than myself, way to go!!!

Lori--Yay about WI!! That's awesome, and you stayed in your points range yesterday, whoohoo!! Hope things at work calm down for you and you can stop back by later.

Laura--You found your motivation again, that's great!! I knew it would happen for you. Of course, when my motivation was gone, it was iffy whether I'd ever find it again or not. Know what's crazy, I'm up about the same amount from my lowest weight!! Sometimes our similarities almost alarm me. Hope things at work settle down for you, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. And, since you're my cyber clone, do you love Subway like I do? I can never eat enough--I could seriously eat there every day. My favorite thing is a 6" ham on honey oat bread with cheddar cheese, warmed then with honey mustard and lettuce. Simple but SO good. In fact, maybe I'll have one for dinner tonight... Hmm...

KT--Wow, your night sounds a lot better than mine, which will be spent at a women's only fitness center watching middle aged women workout... Have fun, lots of it, and be naughty!!

Rina--It's hot there? That's wierd, it's unseasonally cool here (not that you'd ever hear a complaint about that from me--I loathe the really hot, humid stuff that is typical Nebraska summer). Have a wonderful weekend, hope things with your brother stop stressing you out, and have fun with your friend!!

OK, I'm going to kill some more time until I can sneak out a little early... Have a great weekend, all!
Old 05-23-2003, 03:31 PM   #9  
A Yankee in Virginia

Gotta share an incredible experience. You all know I'm a reporter. Well, today, I got assigned to help cover the return of a Norfolk aircraft carrier, the USS Truman, coming home from the war. I wasn't on the dock with the families, but at an Army base across the river with some regular folks who showed up just to watch. Still, it was pretty impressive. It was amazing to see that huge ship go by. It was raining, and it didn't matter. There were dolphins playing in the water, and it was just the coolest experience I've had in while. So maybe this job isn't so bad after all.
Old 05-23-2003, 04:24 PM   #10  

Kim - you shoudl see where I work...right on the Navy base! There are two air craft carriers docked here permanently that are de-comissioned. Its cool to see them out there in the water!
Old 05-23-2003, 05:12 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

What do you do, Lori?
Closed Thread