Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekends chat Sat/Sun March 30-31,2013

lisa32989
03-30-2013, 08:38 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Debrasb
03-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Good morning! Getting ready for a relaxing day including an outing with hubby. He is starting phase 2 today after losing 170 lbs!! (I still have 15 lbs to go). I'm researching phase 3 breakfast ideas while enjoying my morning coffee :-)

Jeaner
03-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Debrasb...I am so impressed with you two. What an accomplishment. You two will take the world by storm!

Glover girl
03-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Happy weekend all, and congrats debrasb, what a wonderful accomplishment for you both! I am getting ready to go to Florida for a couple of weeks. We drive down and take my mother with us. My mom who is a size 4 has been lamenting about what we are going to eat! She came over for dinner last weekend and started in about my diet. I told her no one has to be on this diet but me. She said " you're the one suffering" I told her I'm not suffering, but she was kind of pouty and refused the lovely jello (aspartame free of course) that I made for dessert.:smug: anyway, love my mom, but she can be a challenge. I have bought pepperidge farm cookies for her to have in the backseat, maybe that will sweeten her up.
My weight loss has started to become very noticeable and I am so happy with my progress so far. I feel so much better than I did. For those of you just starting out it is so worth it to stick with it. Wishing everyone a happy op holiday weekend! :bunny2:

heritagesoftail
03-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Good morning! Getting ready for a relaxing day including an outing with hubby. He is starting phase 2 today after losing 170 lbs!! (I still have 15 lbs to go). I'm researching phase 3 breakfast ideas while enjoying my morning coffee :-)

Congrats to you and your hubby :carrot:

Suzali
03-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Hi everyone!
Debrasb: way to go to you and your hubby! Congrats!

Glover girl: moms can be a challenge but at the end of the day they have our best interests at heart. It took about a month (and 20 pounds later) for my mom to embrace my new way of eating. She actually came up with some tasty recipes for me! Give your mom time. She will come around (especially if you got her some cookies!) ;). Enjoy your trip to Florida!

DRegan
03-30-2013, 09:54 AM

Morning!
That's so wonderful! Keep up the good
Work!!

Busy day, at an indoor soccer tournament
With my DD. Then it's off shopping and
getting ready for Easter.
Praying I can stay OP tomorrow!
I know I can do it!
Just hope family doesn't try to pressure me into "oh just a bite won't
hurt you!", hate that! And not worth trying
to explain IP to all of them!
Just gonna stay strong!! It's been almost 4
weeks, WI Tuesday! That will be in my head!

Hope everyone has a nice Easter!:carrot:

D

newday2013
03-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Good morning all! Wow to Debra and DH!
Clover girl, love the cookie idea, lol! Just hold strong, remember, she might feel some guilt over you becoming overweight. Just be positive and she will follow.
Feeling very positive today, heading out to the grocery store to prepare for Easter dinner tonight. Found a nice side dish recipe on here that I'm going to serve up and not even mention that it's OP. DH will make his famous potato dish: laden with bacon and mayo, should be a good balance! I am making 2 small hams instead of one big one, any ideas on how to prepare an OP one? Was going to just put some garlic powder and WF syrup, but thought you guys would have something more creative?

IdealProteinNewbie
03-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Debrasb: I'm so excited for your whole family!

I've been following your blog (amazing recipes, by the way) and you're making the most incredible changes that will benefit you, your husband and your son for the rest of your lives!

LynnOntario
03-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Great accomplishments! Have a great weekend everyone.

mquinn106
03-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Happy holiday weekend everyone! I'm working today but headed down to Mass to see family tomorrow. Wanted to share something a friend of mine mentioned about this diet...I was telling her how I'm now in a size 14 at 210 pounds, the last time I was able to get these on I was 190 pounds. She said that our bodies are smaller but weigh more due to not losing muscle on this diet. Duh right?! But that never clicked in my head. So don't stress over the scale IPeeps! Muscle weighs more than fat :)

I apologize if I'm the only one with this "D'oh" moment ;)

ginettepv
03-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Good morning everyone,

well, 3 days in with the family and 2 to go. It has been very difficult to stay OP with all of my mother's incredible French canadian cooking to feed an army. I came very well prepared, cooler and extra suitcase with packets so I have been able to stay OP. Even made chocolate zucchini cookies to eat while everyone else was eating chocolate cake with ice cream and maple syrup. The counter is full of rich snacks, desserts, chocolate, etc.

Was a little disapponted that only my mother mentioned how my weight loss showed but I am in this for me. Everyone was impressed when I took out my cookies though and amazed that I stayed OP

On another positive note, my brother who is a chef questionned me extensively last night so he can prepare tonight's dinner so I can eat almost everything (he is making potatoes for the rest of the gang). He graciously changed quite a few items for me. I was touched by his many questions to make sure everything is OP.

ALso, going to the Low carb grocery store for the first time this afternoon hoping to check out many alternatives. If anyone has suggestions as to what I should look for that I would really like, I'd love them. I do try to avoid sugar alcohols has they do not agree with me (stomach issues).

After being on the road for over a month, can't wait to get back home with a little normalcy and and have it a little easier to stay OP. Preparation has been the key though.

Congrats to everyone on the great WI and staying OP. It is such a great feeling.

Happy Easter everyone!:D

lisa32989
03-30-2013, 10:40 AM
something a friend of mine mentioned about this diet...I was telling her how I'm now in a size 14 at 210 pounds, the last time I was able to get these on I was 190 pounds. She said that our bodies are smaller but weigh more due to not losing muscle on this diet. Duh right?! But that never clicked in my head. So don't stress over the scale IPeeps! Muscle weighs more than fat :)
I apologize if I'm the only one with this "D'oh" moment ;)
You know, I'd been wondering the same thing. When I did Atkins 10 years ago, I had clothes that would have been tight at this weight and they are HANGING on me.
The thing is: Atkins is also a protein diet AND I was working out.
I think there is something to what your friend said, but also that bodies change over time...
Praying I can stay OP tomorrow!
I know I can do it!
Just hope family doesn't try to pressure me into "oh just a bite won't
hurt you!", hate that! And not worth trying
to explain IP to all of them!
Just gonna stay strong!! It's been almost 4
weeks, WI Tuesday! That will be in my head!

I just don't think people who pressure have any idea how rude they are being.

I've decided I'm not taking it anymore but doing some short, blunt, to the point, educating. I'm thinking its time to confront behavior that allows people to tease/shame people who are trying to correct a health condition (obesity):
I'm on a medically supervised diet to correct health problems. If you wouldn't tease or pressure a diabetic, then I expect the same consideration. Thank you.

or this:
I have 2 questions for you: Would you pressure a diabetic? Is obesity a health crisis in this country?
I'm abstaining from (whatever they are pressuring) to combat my health crisis.
My medically supervised plan is working for me and that isn't on my plan. Let's talk about something else

Debrasb
03-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Debrasb: I'm so excited for your whole family!

I've been following your blog (amazing recipes, by the way) and you're making the most incredible changes that will benefit you, your husband and your son for the rest of your lives!

Thank you so much!! I appreciate hearing feedback on the recipes -- it's been a very good spot for me to focus my energies.

DRegan
03-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Thanks Lisa!!

D

aliboo723
03-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Well, yesterday was a big day for me! My family is very Cajun and does a great big get together on Good Friday. Of course, being Cajun, it all revolves around food!!! Fried fish, boiled crawfish, crawfish stew, fish stew, potato salad, and of course all the deserts you can imagine....
With a little extra work from my hubby and myself, I was able to enjoy the day with the rest of my family and not feel left out in the slightest. I have tried eating boiled crawfish on IP before and it doesn't work at WI time. The crawfish hold on to too much salt.:mad: Shrimp don't bother me as much at WI (I guess since they are denser, they don't take on as much of the salt), so that's the route I took. My hubby boiled some shrimp, mushrooms and green beans for me to have (first time I've done green beans in a boil, but they were yummy and just a little spicy). Of course we had extra of everything in case anyone else wanted some. I peeled and weighed mine out and then cut them up along with the mushrooms over a big salad with a home made dressing of fresh squeezed lemon juice, pecan oil, dried cilantro and Mrs. Dash table blend.
It was so yummy and having the boiled shrimp on the table sitting next to the people eating boiled crawfish didn't bother me at all! In all honesty, I like boiled shrimp more anyway. ;)
Family that had not seen me since early February commented on the change that has taken place. It made me feel so good! A few of them knew what I was doing, but others asked and I told them IP!
I celebrated my 5th anniversary on Thursday and have not been this size since my wedding. Can't wait to celebrate my 6th as a skinny minny! :carrot:
Also hubby and I went to the Elton John concert last night! A-Mazing! It was at 8, but with traffic the way it is in BR and us living about an hour away we decided to head in way early. We got to the Rivercenter (venue) at a little after 5 and were seated at 6:30. I had planned ahead and brought a quest bar with me to enjoy while hubby enjoyed his french fries (which are a BIG weakness for me). The quest bar got me through the show and I felt great!:carrot::carrot:
In the last couple weeks I have had lower losses and was beginning to feel discouraged, but with these NSVs and this forum I know I can continue and exceed my expectations!!!!!:hug:

newday2013
03-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Ginet: what low carb store? and give your brother in law a hug from me, ever sweet! now that's what family should be like!
Lisa: me too, I'm ready for a polite, yet firm answer to all these negative people, I wonder if it's just a "oh, she's on a diet.again." I mean, I think most of us have been dieting for years, maybe that's why people don't comment or support us, they figure we'll be back!!!!

lisa32989
03-30-2013, 12:49 PM
Lisa: me too, I'm ready for a polite, yet firm answer to all these negative people, I wonder if it's just a "oh, she's on a diet.again." I mean, I think most of us have been dieting for years, maybe that's why people don't comment or support us, they figure we'll be back!!!!
I actually got that comment from an acquaintance back in Aug: ANOTHER DIET? Super loud!
When she saw me recently I watched her look me up, down, and back up again and then turn away without a word. I've gotten lots of nice compliments from nice people.

RE: no comments
I had to admit I was still obese, even after losing 40, 50 lbs. If people weren't noticing, I figured it was because they were STILL seeing an obese person. I'm getting close. 5 lbs to "just overweight".

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-30-2013, 12:50 PM
I love the conversation today! You all are an inspiration!

randygrl
03-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Wow I love listening to all these success stories. I cannot wait to post my own soon.

Glovergirl: I hope your mom will start to see the great thing you are doing for yourself. Look how far you have come! I know how it is to have someone you love so much not understand or support what you are doing but it looks like you can find lots of people here to support you on your journey including me.

I have a question about eggs. How much protein is in one egg? Can you split your protein up from dinner into breakfast and lunch without any side effects? Anyone have a list of vegetables that they buy each week and quantities so I can get an idea before shopping?

GreatLakes86: where do buy your lettuce, what kind, how much?

Thanks for all the help.

lisa32989
03-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Randygirl: You'll probably get a variety of answers to your question about what foods people buy. Tastes are all so different. Planning is key to determining how much you'll need.

Staple veggies I buy: celery, caluiflower, zucchini, mushrooms, spinach (add cukes when seasons change again) + romaine lettuce

Veggies I buy for recipes (stir fried veggies, soups, etc): leeks, cabbage (sometimes already shredded for slaw), broccoli slaw, bean sprouts, bell peppers, bok choy

Others I get for sides: asparagus, kale, rutabaga, turnips, broccoli

Google will become your friend for information.
You can find nutritional data for foods on this website http://nutritiondata.self.com/
Just type the food in the box at the top.

Many coaches allow proteins/veggies to be split

SkewbieDew
03-30-2013, 01:19 PM
I love reading all the success stories, and the NSVs, and all the positive comments. It is so helpful to have a place to come for the mental support that is desperately needed when doing this. Thank you all!

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-30-2013, 01:20 PM
Wow I love listening to all these success stories. I cannot wait to post my own soon.

Glovergirl: I hope your mom will start to see the great thing you are doing for yourself. Look how far you have come! I know how it is to have someone you love so much not understand or support what you are doing but it looks like you can find lots of people here to support you on your journey including me.

I have a question about eggs. How much protein (6grams-ish) is in one egg? Can you split your protein up from dinner into breakfast and lunch without any side effects? Anyone have a list of vegetables that they buy each week and quantities so I can get an idea before shopping?

GreatLakes86: where do buy your lettuce, what kind, how much?

Thanks for all the help.

I don't know if it's some sort of fluke, but my losses seem to be greater since I started eating eggs. I'll make up kind of a scramble with zucchini, peppers and mushrooms with 3 eggs. Maybe someone else has some ideas on that?

scorbett1103
03-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Haven't had a ton of time to post lately, but maintenance is going well so far! It's definitely more work than P1, but I'm starting to settle into a rhythm. At least I know if things start to creep up, I always have P1 to get things back under control!

RE: Eggs - one egg is approximately the equivalent of 2oz meat protein. So if you want to split things up just subtract 2oz from your dinner protein for each egg you add. I did this numerous times in P1, sometimes when I felt I wanted a bigger breakfast I would add 1 egg to the omelet mix.

Congrats on all the scale and non-scale victories this week!!

Mother of the Groom
03-30-2013, 03:02 PM
I need some help, I am making beef enchiladas for my family tonight and am trying to find a recipe for some type of wrap so I can make myself some OP enchiladas. I have read page after page of the recipes and cant find one. The search doesn't seem to be working for me either.
I am wondering if I can make a wrap from one of the omelet packages?

lisa32989
03-30-2013, 03:13 PM
I need some help, I am making beef enchiladas for my family tonight and am trying to find a recipe for some type of wrap so I can make myself some OP enchiladas. I have read page after page of the recipes and cant find one. The search doesn't seem to be working for me either.
I am wondering if I can make a wrap from one of the omelet packages?

I just checked the search feature and it is, indeed working again
Have you thought about using romaine or Boston lettuce leaves?

newday2013
03-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Okay, so everything is in the oven, except for DH's potato dish (his job), off to take a shower and wait for guests to arrive! BTW, the turnip kugel smells awesome!

GreatLakes86
03-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Randygirl, I buy pre-shredded iceberg at fred's. I usually buy 2 bags and that gets me through the week. I don't eat salad every night, but if I am having a hungrier day, I put whatever meat and veggies I've made on a bed of shredded iceberg (about half of a bag). I'm kind of lazy when it comes to washing lettuce and I like the texture of iceberg better than romaine. Personal preference, I guess.

If I know I'm going to be having a busy week, I'll buy the big tub (16oz) of "spring mix". I've been told that 3oz is about equivalent to 2 cups of select veggies. So I'll just saute up the whole tub with a bit of olive oil and some garlic and use that as a side dish for a few meals.

Right now in my fridge I've got some celery that I need to eat up and some red peppers and the iceberg. Cauliflower is a staple, but it is a bit pricier so I usually buy about one head per week and just enjoy it while I've got it.

Asparagus is on sale at Fred's right now and I might get some for dinner tonight. Love asparagus!

KitKat169
03-30-2013, 05:03 PM

Congrats!

Happy weekend all, and congrats debrasb, what a wonderful accomplishment for you both! I am getting ready to go to Florida for a couple of weeks. We drive down and take my mother with us. My mom who is a size 4 has been lamenting about what we are going to eat! She came over for dinner last weekend and started in about my diet. I told her no one has to be on this diet but me. She said " you're the one suffering" I told her I'm not suffering, but she was kind of pouty and refused the lovely jello (aspartame free of course) that I made for dessert.:smug: anyway, love my mom, but she can be a challenge. I have bought pepperidge farm cookies for her to have in the backseat, maybe that will sweeten her up.
My weight loss has started to become very noticeable and I am so happy with my progress so far. I feel so much better than I did. For those of you just starting out it is so worth it to stick with it. Wishing everyone a happy op holiday weekend! :bunny2:

My mom was the same, i believe she was trying to be supportive but focused on all the things I couldn't have. When I visit she throws p her arms and says you cook for yourself because I don't know what to do. I remind her that I've been doing all the cooking when visiting her for years so I don't see why she ou'll think otherwise.

Good morning all! Wow to Debra and DH!
Clover girl, love the cookie idea, lol! Just hold strong, remember, she might feel some guilt over you becoming overweight. Just be positive and she will follow.
Feeling very positive today, heading out to the grocery store to prepare for Easter dinner tonight. Found a nice side dish recipe on here that I'm going to serve up and not even mention that it's OP. DH will make his famous potato dish: laden with bacon and mayo, should be a good balance! I am making 2 small hams instead of one big one, any ideas on how to prepare an OP one? Was going to just put some garlic powder and WF syrup, but thought you guys would have something more creative?

I just saw a recipe that used Dijon mustard and cracked black pepper spread over the top.

IdealProteinNewbie
03-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Happy Weekend Everybody!

Thought I'd share my 4:00 pick-me-up:

"Nutella" Coffee = cup of decaf with 1 tablespoon WF Chocolate Syrup and 1 tablespoon sugar-free Torani Hazelnut Syrup

workingit50
03-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Sat: Hi all....I made the meatballs last night with a red pepper / tomato sauce, someone had previously posted. OMG, fabulous. So good, I believe I went a bit high on my protein yesterday and noticed on the scale this morning. Drowning in water today.

Yoga, work, cleaning, menu planning/food shopping on my to do for today.

Saltykisses
03-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Anyone have a recipe for a Jimica salad that can be eaten on phase 1?
TIA

kellyrn
03-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Happy Weekend Everybody!

Thought I'd share my 4:00 pick-me-up:

"Nutella" Coffee = cup of decaf with 1 tablespoon WF Chocolate Syrup and 1 tablespoon sugar-free Torani Hazelnut Syrup

That sounds heavenly! I will have to try it!:yes:

newday2013
03-30-2013, 08:35 PM
TIA

I don't have a recipe, I can't even find Jicama here!! Fellow Canadians, where do you get it?

lisa32989
03-30-2013, 08:36 PM
Jicama Salad with Cilantro and Lime
(Ideal Protein AZ) IP
2 pounds jicama, peeled and julienned
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup lime juice
Shake of Chile Powder to taste
1.Combine the julienned jicama, chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Sprinkle with lime juice and toss to coat. Shake on chile powder. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

1LittleStar
03-30-2013, 08:51 PM

Wow, you are both amazing!!

Congrats on your weightloss. Families can be difficult! Mine certainly is. I spent 2 weeks with mother, father and sister, and not one person commented on my weightloss. Really?

Good morning everyone,

well, 3 days in with the family and 2 to go. It has been very difficult to stay OP with all of my mother's incredible French canadian cooking to feed an army. I came very well prepared, cooler and extra suitcase with packets so I have been able to stay OP. Even made chocolate zucchini cookies to eat while everyone else was eating chocolate cake with ice cream and maple syrup. The counter is full of rich snacks, desserts, chocolate, etc.

Was a little disapponted that only my mother mentioned how my weight loss showed but I am in this for me. Everyone was impressed when I took out my cookies though and amazed that I stayed OP

On another positive note, my brother who is a chef questionned me extensively last night so he can prepare tonight's dinner so I can eat almost everything (he is making potatoes for the rest of the gang). He graciously changed quite a few items for me. I was touched by his many questions to make sure everything is OP.

ALso, going to the Low carb grocery store for the first time this afternoon hoping to check out many alternatives. If anyone has suggestions as to what I should look for that I would really like, I'd love them. I do try to avoid sugar alcohols has they do not agree with me (stomach issues).

After being on the road for over a month, can't wait to get back home with a little normalcy and and have it a little easier to stay OP. Preparation has been the key though.

Congrats to everyone on the great WI and staying OP. It is such a great feeling.

Happy Easter everyone!:D

I'm French Canadian too, I can relate! Everything tastes better with maple syrup. Congrats on staying OP! You are right, preparation is key.

Well, yesterday was a big day for me! My family is very Cajun and does a great big get together on Good Friday. Of course, being Cajun, it all revolves around food!!! Fried fish, boiled crawfish, crawfish stew, fish stew, potato salad, and of course all the deserts you can imagine....
With a little extra work from my hubby and myself, I was able to enjoy the day with the rest of my family and not feel left out in the slightest. I have tried eating boiled crawfish on IP before and it doesn't work at WI time. The crawfish hold on to too much salt.:mad: Shrimp don't bother me as much at WI (I guess since they are denser, they don't take on as much of the salt), so that's the route I took. My hubby boiled some shrimp, mushrooms and green beans for me to have (first time I've done green beans in a boil, but they were yummy and just a little spicy). Of course we had extra of everything in case anyone else wanted some. I peeled and weighed mine out and then cut them up along with the mushrooms over a big salad with a home made dressing of fresh squeezed lemon juice, pecan oil, dried cilantro and Mrs. Dash table blend.
It was so yummy and having the boiled shrimp on the table sitting next to the people eating boiled crawfish didn't bother me at all! In all honesty, I like boiled shrimp more anyway. ;)
Family that had not seen me since early February commented on the change that has taken place. It made me feel so good! A few of them knew what I was doing, but others asked and I told them IP!
I celebrated my 5th anniversary on Thursday and have not been this size since my wedding. Can't wait to celebrate my 6th as a skinny minny! :carrot:
Also hubby and I went to the Elton John concert last night! A-Mazing! It was at 8, but with traffic the way it is in BR and us living about an hour away we decided to head in way early. We got to the Rivercenter (venue) at a little after 5 and were seated at 6:30. I had planned ahead and brought a quest bar with me to enjoy while hubby enjoyed his french fries (which are a BIG weakness for me). The quest bar got me through the show and I felt great!:carrot::carrot:
In the last couple weeks I have had lower losses and was beginning to feel discouraged, but with these NSVs and this forum I know I can continue and exceed my expectations!!!!!:hug:

Sounds like great planning, and great shrimp!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Haven't had a ton of time to post lately, but maintenance is going well so far! It's definitely more work than P1, but I'm starting to settle into a rhythm. At least I know if things start to creep up, I always have P1 to get things back under control!
QUOTE]

Hi Scorbett! Congrats on maintenance, glad to hear it's going well.

[QUOTE=newday2013;4688020]I don't have a recipe, I can't even find Jicama here!! Fellow Canadians, where do you get it?

I can't get it either, but I'm in a small town. I was in Texas a few weeks ago, and saw some there! Of course, that doesn't help either one of us!!

Saltykisses
03-30-2013, 09:51 PM
Thank you lisa! First time I've ever used jicima, made the salad... it was great!

Mother of the Groom
03-30-2013, 10:06 PM
I figured out how to make my enchiladas and they were awesome. It made enough for 4 meals.

Beef Enchiladas
1 pkg of plain omelet, made with 150mls water
2 eggs and. 2 egg whites
1/2 cup of shredded zucchini
4 tbsp of grated cauliflower
Garlic and onion powder to taste
Mix all together well. Spray a 10" fry pan with evoo on medium/high heat. Drop a ladle full of mixture into pan, swirl around to cover bottom of pan thinly. When bottom is brown flip over to brown the top. Set on plate to cool.
Makes 4 wraps.
Filling
24oz of lean ground beef, crumbled and browned.
Taco seasoning with no sugar
1/3 cup of tomato sauce, sugar free
Mix altogether
Take a 9x9 glass baking dish and put in a thin layer of tomato sauce.
I filled my wraps with about 3/4 of the filling mixture. Lay wrap flat spread filling in the middle fold outside corners in and roll up. Lay with seam side down in baking pan. Continue until all wraps are done. Mix the remaining meat mixture with the remaining tomato sauce. I like it spicy so here I added a few hot chile pepper flakes. Pour over the top of the wraps, cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with a tbsp of veggie cheese and put under the broiler until browned. Served with shredded lettuce on top and some fresh salsa(tomato, celery, red onion, cilantro and lime) drizzles with wf creamy bacon dressing.

Served with cauliflower rice with few peppers and hot sauce added.
I didn't feel left out while my family had their Mexican night and the bonus is I have 3 more meals pre made. I'm going to try to freeze the other portions and see how that works.

ginettepv
03-30-2013, 10:28 PM
I don't have a recipe, I can't even find Jicama here!! Fellow Canadians, where do you get it?

Hey Newday, Go to Smiths and ask them to order it for you. That's is what I do, if enough of us ask for it, maybe they'll keep it in stock all the time. It's my new favorite vegetable. Great with the WF caramel sauce too.

My husband keeps telling me to stop telling people so I can have some, but I believe if more people ask for it, it won't have to be ordered.

My brother's supper was superbe, all OP so it was nice to have a fabulous supper that I did not have to supply everything from my cooler or suitcase.. haha.

I'm in Hamilton at my parents for the weekend Newday. Through the Low carb grocery store website, I found a LCG Express in Burlington, very small, but amazing selection nonetheless. Well let me tell you I felt like a kid in a candy store. I think my hubby had just as much fun laughing at me than I had shopping. He paid and carried the bags to the car. Spent 175$ but came out with 5 grocery bags full of all kinds of fabulous low carb foods ( I came prepared thanks to this website and Evepet's site. I knew what was restricted, unrestricted, what to look for and found everything I was looking for except for the Torani sauces.

Boy it would be dangerous for me to be in the real store in Markham hahaha.

Can't wait to get home and try some of the things I bought. Youppie! Variety.... crunch, yummy

Donna Gel
03-30-2013, 10:49 PM
TIA

I am in western Canada, Safeway carries Jicama here. I will have to try the salad.

Donna Gel
03-30-2013, 10:51 PM
Had company today. Dinner was Op other than the rice, which of course I didn't' have. Answered a lot of questions about IP. Have a great week all.

Cheekyskeeter
03-31-2013, 08:16 AM

I found it at Whole Foods.

LynnOntario
03-31-2013, 10:54 AM

Awesome accomplishments for you and hubby! You are a great inspiration to those of us just getting started.

workingit50
03-31-2013, 11:05 AM
I figured out how to make my enchiladas and they were awesome. It made enough for 4 meals.

Beef Enchiladas
1 pkg of plain omelet, made with 150mls water
2 eggs and. 2 egg whites
1/2 cup of shredded zucchini
4 tbsp of grated cauliflower
Garlic and onion powder to taste
Mix all together well. Spray a 10" fry pan with evoo on medium/high heat. Drop a ladle full of mixture into pan, swirl around to cover bottom of pan thinly. When bottom is brown flip over to brown the top. Set on plate to cool.
Makes 4 wraps.
Filling
24oz of lean ground beef, crumbled and browned.
Taco seasoning with no sugar
1/3 cup of tomato sauce, sugar free
Mix altogether

This looks great and I want to make it. Got confused though. The first part with omelette mix, eggs, zucchini, etc you mix together and make into pancakes (wraps)?

Did you put additional sauce on top of filled wraps?
Freezing other portions?

Thanks, I know I am being a bit dense, I am not that creative with packets and want to get it right :D:D

safetylady
03-31-2013, 11:18 AM
Happy Easter or Passover to everyone. Great weather today, perfect for the Easter egg hunts. Have my game plan in place today to make sure I enjoy the holiday but don't sway away from IP.

Just finished a wonderful Proti-diet pancake. Love that it is a non restricted food. Choc shake at lunch will give me that choc. fix and fill my belly. Then dinner with our son's in-laws. Proving to myself today, that the holidays do not mean that I need to stuff my face.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Mother of the Groom
03-31-2013, 11:30 AM
This looks great and I want to make it. Got
confused though. The first part with omelette mix, eggs, zucchini, etc you mix together and make into pancakes (wraps)?

Yes that part makes the wraps, I got 4-10" wraps from it.

Did you put additional sauce on top of filled wraps?
After filling the wraps I still had some meat mixture left and some tomato sauce left, mixed them together and poured all over top of the wraps.

Freezing other portions?

Because of the tomato sauce being limited veg I thought I would try to freeze the other 3 portions. They should freeze well then I can take out when wanted.

glomor
03-31-2013, 03:25 PM
Lots of Easter eggs to deal with so I made myself a couple of deviled eggs. I mixed the yolks with WF Honey Dijon dressing and sprinkled a bit of sea salt on them. They were yummy!

As long as I'm sharing recipes, I'll step back into Lent for a moment and share my simple salmon recipe. 1/4 cup of WF pancake syrup, 2 T soy sauce, a clove of garlic minced, and a sprinkling of black pepper and garlic salt. Marinate a salmon filet for about 1/2 hour, then bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. I can't remember if soy sauce is permitted but I'm on maintenance so I use a bit of it from time to time.

I don't like to cook so I'm always looking for simple recipes that use readily available ingredients.

Happy Easter everyone!

newday2013
03-31-2013, 04:01 PM
HELP! Posted this elsewhere: ate 2 poached eggs and ham (4oz?) for brunch (long story). Do I eat 2 IP packs still today and count that as supper? Seems like too much fat/protein?

lisa32989
03-31-2013, 04:10 PM
HELP! Posted this elsewhere: ate 2 poached eggs and ham (4oz?) for brunch (long story). Do I eat 2 IP packs still today and count that as supper? Seems like too much fat/protein?

Looks to me like you've had your meat today
Veggies/packets as usual.

newday2013
03-31-2013, 04:15 PM
Looks to me like you've had your meat today
Veggies/packets as usual.

Okay, thanks for the quick response, now I'm going to go make tea and thank god that Easter celebrations are behind me!!!

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Happy Easter! Can someone tell me how many grams of protein I should be getting a day on Phase 1? I'm reading a lot of conflicting information.... What's the detriment of getting too much?

Glover girl
03-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the support you guys. My mom hosted brunch today and made me broccoli specially so that was nice. I survived all the jellybean and peep eating, not to mention au gratin potatoes, and waffles with new syrup. I didn't really mind though. I count it as a nsv that will turn into a sv! Hope you all had a lovely day.

leannekarella
03-31-2013, 07:20 PM
Happy Easter to those who celebrate.

We are home from 2 weeks away. I did great staying 100% OP the first week. We were so busy, I had no problem eating my packed food while we went from one thing to the next in San Francisco, experiencing the city, shopping (yeaaa shopping and buying "off the rack" for the first time in a decade!) and all the touristy stuff we did.

It was week two that I failed to maintain the diet. I kept my portions small, but the Oregon coast is not a place to find healthy, affordable meals! Some days I had issues finding a salad!

I am back on track as of Friday, and it seems my weight did not move one bit while away. I'm thinking some of that is muscle gain from all the exercise I got while in San Francisco...but I was thrilled to see that my week off plan didn't put on anything.

It's all good. I am back in ketosis. I'm ready for the next 30 to come off now! :dance:

lisa32989
03-31-2013, 07:46 PM
Happy Easter! Can someone tell me how many grams of protein I should be getting a day on Phase 1? I'm reading a lot of conflicting information.... What's the detriment of getting too much?

The simple answer is follow the sheet. We don't have to count.
I have more info but it isn't on my phone

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-31-2013, 08:13 PM
The simple answer us follow the sheet. We don't have to count.
I have more info but it isn't on my phone

Thanks, Lisa. I got myself in a hissy this afternoon over a piece of info I found! LOL!

kellyrn
04-01-2013, 01:42 AM
I'm pretty new at this. Does anyone "add buddies" on here. If so, what does that do. (Messaging, extra support?) just curious. Thank you!

JenRem
04-01-2013, 02:32 AM
I'm pretty new at this. Does anyone "add buddies" on here. If so, what does that do. (Messaging, extra support?) just curious. Thank you!

I added a few in the beginning (Oct 12) - not because I actually knew them very well, but because their stats were close to mine. They had been successful and I thought I might want to ask them questions down the road. Since then, I kind of forgot about the "buddies" and never did find out how they can be used.

If you don't get a good response tonight....... you might repost this question tomorrow morning on tomorrow's Thread - April 1st. Sometimes, the posts at the end of the evening get missed by all the early risers and those on the East Coast time zone who are already in bed lol!

~Jen