General Diet Plans and Questions - Quick Weight Loss Center's Diet (#2)

Pages : [1] 2

vdshelton
03-21-2013, 10:19 AM
I just started and finished my prep!! I am AMAZED how my clothes and body feel! I start phase 2 tomorrow. I started at 188 and my goal is 135. They told me I should be there by June. Is this possible?

Is there a lot of saggy skin problems? I can not imagine that weight loss this quick can be forgiving on your skin!

Hola fellow Houstonian!

joefla70
03-21-2013, 10:23 AM
So, I have been continuing to eat a diet that is mostly comprised of raw veggies and lean protein (mostly salad and grilled chicken) for the last few days to see how long I can ride that wave. I've also been surprisingly able to resist the late-night snacking which has been my biggest nemesis.

As of this morning I was down another 2 pounds to 286.5. The weird thing is that I had a little bit of a bounce-back yesterday morning when i weighed myself. But now that has been corrected. It took a little getting used to, but I've learned to ignore the day-to-day fluctuations in weight that can be somewhat annoying. (Actually, that's not true. I still get excited when I see the weight go down, but when it bounces back up I shrug it off).

As an aside, does anybody who lives here in Florida weigh themselves on the scale at Publix? Everytime I go there and weigh myself the scale says I am 5-6 pounds lighter than what my scale at home says -- and that's with my clothes on, wallet, phone, keys, etc. At first I thought that their scale was wrong, but then it happened at another Publix. Is my scale at home wrong or is Publix's scales very forgiving! Maybe its a ploy so that you'll weigh yourself when you get there and get so excited that you lost a few pounds that you reward yourself with some sort of food that you wouldn't normally buy.

joefla70
03-21-2013, 10:28 AM
I kind of feel like I'm at another plateau - why don't these plateaus just leave me alone!

*sigh* I'll get over it, I know. I've been eating pretty well and drinking water, but I KNOW that it's water weight that's getting me. I'm eating some foods that are higher in sodium and I wake up in the morning with puffy eyelids. Yesterday morning, I weighed-in at 190.2. All my meals I had that day were right on track with QWLC guidelines. The one thing I had was around 7 pm, I went to the snowcone stand and got my favorite flavor (prepare yourself - this is a Texas thing and it may sound gross to some people) a dill pickle juice snowcone.

I know the sodium in that thing has to be super high. I woke up with puffy eyelids this morning and weighed-in 192.8 :(

I can drink plenty of water but no matter how much I drink, I still get bloated from high sodium snacks like the snowcone. All the other people who have done QWLC will have a super salty snack, up their water that day, and not get the bloat or puffiness. I can't figure out why my body likes to hold on to it for a day or two. :?:

I was looking at the nutitional info on a jar of pickles the other day because I like pickles and think they make a good, low calorie / carb snack. But man do they have high sodium! The serving size was 1/3 of a pickle -- who eats 1/3 of a pickle??? - and the sodium was crazy. One large pickle can have 50% of your recommended daily allowance of sodium!

Having said that, I don't worry as much about the sodium because I realize that its not causing me to gain fat, just water weight.

vdshelton
03-21-2013, 11:33 AM
I was looking at the nutitional info on a jar of pickles the other day because I like pickles and think they make a good, low calorie / carb snack. But man do they have high sodium! The serving size was 1/3 of a pickle -- who eats 1/3 of a pickle??? - and the sodium was crazy. One large pickle can have 50% of your recommended daily allowance of sodium!

Having said that, I don't worry as much about the sodium because I realize that its not causing me to gain fat, just water weight.

Haha, seriously. Like someone is going to put 2/3 of a pickle back in the jar. I don't want partially eaten pickles being put back in there!

Even though I know it's just water weight, I get a little discouraged by seeing the increased number. I find that those snowcones really stifle any hunger I have and oddly enough keep me full for a long time. Too bad it's packed with sodium. I will have to learn to limit those to once a week.

Just an observation: I never ever noticed any puffiness in my eyes from high sodium meals until I did QWLC and limited my sodium. I would eat pickles all the time before and never had the puffy eyes. Ever since I initially started this diet years ago, I have noticed it when I eat high sodium foods. Just wonder if my body can't/won't process this amount of sodium anymore.

robbinOloxly
03-21-2013, 06:51 PM
robbin,

There are areas on this website that discuss these issues. I have actually been participating in one such thread if you want to check it out:

thanks for the info!!! I have been doing a body toning class for a couple months now and hope it helps!

oh1963
03-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Vdshelton
Never heard of dill pickle juice snowcone. But again havent had a snowcone in awhile. Wish I had gone to rodeo to try some of those fried foodss before I had started but couldnt. I love the funnelcakes and turkey legs. Have you ever had a checkup.sometimes weight fro water like that could be linked to cardiovascular problems or kidneys

vdshelton
03-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Vdshelton
Never heard of dill pickle juice snowcone. But again havent had a snowcone in awhile. Wish I had gone to rodeo to try some of those fried foodss before I had started but couldnt. I love the funnelcakes and turkey legs. Have you ever had a checkup.sometimes weight fro water like that could be linked to cardiovascular problems or kidneys

I didn't go to the rodeo this year but it sure was horrible traffic for those 3 weeks that it was in town. I work just about a mile from where they have the rodeo every year in Houston. I love the food they have and the BBQ cook-off...omg, delicious.

In regards to the check-ups, yes I have check-ups on a regular basis due to a past cancer diagnosis. Even though I'm cancer free since my last treatment, I still have check-ups every 3 months and they test everything under the sun (or at least judging from my medical bills, it feels like they're testing everything under the sun). All my lab work and diagnostic tests come back clean. Generally, the edema is only in my face region, nothing in any of my limbs. It subsides as the day goes on and no one notices it but me. I just hate waking up feeling all puffy :(

vdshelton
03-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Today I weighed in at 283.3. After weeks of being stuck at 295, I'm cruising the through 280s! :) I can't believe how much the late night snacking held me back!

Heyooo, good job Joe! Before you know it, you'll be in the 270's!:carrot:

joefla70
03-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Today I weighed in at 283.3. After weeks of being stuck at 295, I'm cruising the through 280s! :) I can't believe how much the late night snacking held me back!

joefla70
03-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Heyooo, good job Joe! Before you know it, you'll be in the 270's!:carrot:

Thanks! I know, its crazy! I haven't had this kind of weight loss since the first couple weeks of my diet. Like I said before, I'm going to ride this wave as far as it takes me! I imagine that the induction-like progress will end sooner rather than later. But I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

oh1963
03-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Good job joefla70!!!

joefla70
03-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Ok, I don't even know if this is possible. Perhaps my scale is broken. But this morning I weighed in at 281.5.

oh1963
03-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Good job joefla!

Today im down 2.4 pounds myself yeah. I dont know how accurate the wii board is. I went up to 215 then istarted the diet now down to 213

classykaren
03-24-2013, 06:17 AM
Good for you Joe You deserve it

algae737
03-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Hey Everyone!

I preparing to begin the QWLC plan in about a week. Been reading this thread...all 34 pages! Thank you all for the great information. Like many of you, I plan to "go it alone" with the program...without involving an actual center.

With that in mind, could someone (like Joe ;-)) please send me the information that has been passed along to others. Here's my email: algae737 at gmail dot com

Thanks in advance!

Algae

proudmommy09
03-25-2013, 01:14 AM
Hello everyone. I have been back at the center for a week now and lost 8lbs!! Im happy and very determined to stick this through. It works so well when you follow it.

joefla70
03-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Awesome, proudmommy! I love the results you can get when you re-start! It gives you a big boost.

I remember reading your posts -- along with all of the others on this thread - when I first started on my plan and joined 3FC last August. At the time there weren't many active people on this tread. Its nice to see it so active now.

robbinOloxly
03-25-2013, 08:06 PM
I am done with my first week and I am so incredibly sleepy. I have 2 kids, one with me all day and I take care of my 90 yr old grandma during the day and I work 5p-9p at night... plus i usually work out during the day, jogging or something cardio based... I can barely keep my eyes open at work!!!

My lady at the center said it would be couple weeks before I get some energy! blech! i am dying over here!!

this happen to anyone here??

proudmommy09
03-25-2013, 08:35 PM
I am done with my first week and I am so incredibly sleepy. I have 2 kids, one with me all day and I take care of my 90 yr old grandma during the day and I work 5p-9p at night... plus i usually work out during the day, jogging or something cardio based... I can barely keep my eyes open at work!!!

My lady at the center said it would be couple weeks before I get some energy! blech! i am dying over here!!

I was like that for a few days....now its much better. Im in Houston as well. I go to the pasadena center.

So I was wondering if anyone had some good cook ahead and prepped meals. I find that its the key to doing this program. Ive been enjoying a green smoothie for lunch, justvtake cottage cheese, truvia, spinach leaves, and any frozen fruit blend. Its worth a veggie, fruit and protein and yummy

joefla70
03-25-2013, 08:41 PM
So I was wondering if anyone had some good cook ahead and prepped meals. I find that its the key to doing this program. Ive been enjoying a green smoothie for lunch, justvtake cottage cheese, truvia, spinach leaves, and any frozen fruit blend. Its worth a veggie, fruit and protein and yummy

I keep seeing people mention this, and think its a good idea, but then I never do it! The only food item I cook specifically to have leftovers for future meals is grilled chicken (because I can have it in a salad for lunch or as a main dish with veggies). Eating at home has never been an issue of concern for me -- except for late night snacking. Getting rid of that habit has been one of the major keys for success for me. Another major key has been finding lunch options when I'm at work. Lunch is the meal where I've done the most damage to my diet in the past. Now, I pretty much either have a salad in the office or, if I go out, either grilled chicken or fish with veggies.

oh1963
03-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Ive been good was excited when I lost 2 lbs. I noticed ladt night my stomach felt bloated and this morning. ? I havent drank the quickboost yet or any of the centers supplements. Between meals I eat my fruit except a couple of days it got late so I only got 2 fruits in those days. But in morning I eat a protein bar , the pure protein one with 17gm protein then at night i drink a pure protein shake with30gm protein. Is that wrong.? I figured I wound lose a little more, maybe im just being too hard on myself

oh1963
03-26-2013, 04:10 PM
I think I need to weigh once a week I think im weighing too soon. I realized I just startedlast monday. But I still want to know if havibg the bar and the shake are okay for my supplements

vdshelton
03-27-2013, 09:35 AM
I think I need to weigh once a week I think im weighing too soon. I realized I just startedlast monday. But I still want to know if havibg the bar and the shake are okay for my supplements

I think it might depend on the sugars/carbs/calories in the pure protein. Since I've never had that brand of protein bar, I'm unfamiliar with the nutrition content. I personally use Atkin's protein shakes in the morning or afternoon as a supplement and I don't believe it's hindered my weight loss in any way.

vdshelton
03-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Hello everyone. I have been back at the center for a week now and lost 8lbs!! Im happy and very determined to stick this through. It works so well when you follow it.

Good job fellow Houstonian! :carrot: And you're right, the plan really does work when you follow it.

vdshelton
03-27-2013, 09:42 AM
Hello everyone! Hope everyone had a healthy weekend!

I personally had a healthy FOOD weekend but definitely not a healthy DRINK weekend. I traveled up to Fort Worth to visit family and stuck to healthy food, but never got in even close to the amount of water that I should have. I'm really seeing now the role water plays in weight loss - i don't lose when I don't drink enough water and I don't lose when I don't eat enough.

Is anyone using MyFitnessPal to track their exercise and/or food diary? Let me know if you are and I will add to you my friends list.

joefla70
03-27-2013, 10:11 AM
I think it might depend on the sugars/carbs/calories in the pure protein. Since I've never had that brand of protein bar, I'm unfamiliar with the nutrition content. I personally use Atkin's protein shakes in the morning or afternoon as a supplement and I don't believe it's hindered my weight loss in any way.

I don't use them anymore, but I used to have the Pure Protein bars. They differ in nutrition info depending on the flavor (and also come in different sizes.) But I used to eat the 50g Chocolate Peanut Butter bars. They have 200 calories, 20g protein 9 net carbs (subtracting sugar alcohol) and 6g fat. I remember them comparing favorably to the QWL bars.

The shakes I drink are the Pure Protein chocolate frost in the 11oz aluminum bottles. They are 120 calories and 23g protein. For a while I was drinking the Atkins Cafe Mocha shakes. They are a little bit more calories, but less protein.

I believe the QWL literature says that you are limited to one protein bar per day. Is that correct?

joefla70
03-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Well, reality has finally sunk in! I was expecting a bounce back because there was no way I could have lost 10 pounds in a week! This morning I weighed in at 286 (after weighing in at 281.5 earlier in the week). I must have been dehydrated or something, I don't know. But even at 286 I am down several pounds from last week. So, I am still happy. I am leaving my profile weight at the lower weight to give me short-term goal to shoot for.

oh1963
03-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Sams has the protein shake mix but I bought the one already made shake equilavent it has 30gm of protein 5 carbs I think.

I was using my fitness pal but then I feel off the wagon lol so maybe I should try again

How do you all get the chicken thing on your post?

joefla70
03-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Sams has the protein shake mix but I bought the one already made shake equilavent it has 30gm of protein 5 carbs I think.

I was using my fitness pal but then I feel off the wagon lol so maybe I should try again

How do you all get the chicken thing on your post?

I've seen bottles and cans of the Pure Protein shakes. I have the metal bottles. They are 23g protein. I think the cans have more.

This is how you get the chicken... or whatever else you want:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/profile.php?do=editsignature

However, I seem to recall that you might have to wait a certain period of time to be able to use a tracker in your signature.

oh1963
03-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Your right about waiting I think you have to post so many times first

i will lose weight
03-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Hi I am a new member and joined QWLC yesterday. I start my prep on Monday. I am very excited to finally lose this weight! I plan on reading through this thread, but if anyone has any helpful tips that I should know before I start, I would really appreciate the guidance. This is a big investment in my health and a huge step for me to get off my butt and lose the weight.

ghardeway
03-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Hello! I am a QWLC newbie, I made it thru the 3 day prep and dropped 8 lbs and then the weeknd hit. I DIED Friday at the movies. I had wine and appetizers.

Yesterday I did well. I followed the diet to a "T" then I caved and I drank some wine and ate some bbq.

ghardeway
03-31-2013, 11:57 AM
I FEEL really bad. I HAVE blown my diet and all my hard work.

ghardeway
03-31-2013, 11:59 AM
I hatethe thought of discussing this at weigh in tomorrow (ekkkk). I HOPE I do not have to repeat the prep phase. I am here for motivation and to follow along.

ghardeway
03-31-2013, 12:00 PM
I am back at square one - this is not easy peasy for me.

proudmommy09
04-02-2013, 12:35 AM
No its not easy.... I was off two days but now its bck to making this work.you can do it

i will lose weight
04-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Well the prep is over and down almost 9lbs! Day 1 of the diet has started. I keep telling myself nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

i will lose weight
04-04-2013, 04:40 PM
I have paid the upfront fee (almost $600) at the center that covers my entire program visits/weigh-ins. I also got a starter kit of supplements. Now they want me to buy the package deals to save 30%, but 1 I can't really afford that all at once, and 2 not real sure if I am actually gonna use/like all the products that are included. I have been reading this thread and see that other members talking about alternatives to the supplements and products. Any chance we could start a wiki with all of these products? I am having a hard time getting the info from all the posts. Anyone have any thoughts or highly recommend another source for cheaper supplements/snacks? I would be very grateful! TIA

joefla70
04-04-2013, 11:57 PM
I have paid the upfront fee (almost $600) at the center that covers my entire program visits/weigh-ins. I also got a starter kit of supplements. Now they want me to buy the package deals to save 30%, but 1 I can't really afford that all at once, and 2 not real sure if I am actually gonna use/like all the products that are included. I have been reading this thread and see that other members talking about alternatives to the supplements and products. Any chance we could start a wiki with all of these products? I am having a hard time getting the info from all the posts. Anyone have any thoughts or highly recommend another source for cheaper supplements/snacks? I would be very grateful! TIA

Hi Tia,

How similar do you want your supplements to be to the QWLC products? I remember reading that people bought nearly identical supplements online somewhere. But for me, that wasn't really important. I looked up the nutrition info on the bars and shakes and just found ones that were very close to them. I chose the Pure Protein brand for bars and shakes. They worked very well for me. I'm sure there are others that would work just as well.

The key to losing the weight on the program is following the plan. If you do that, you will lose. Whether you use their supplements or not is, in my opinion, not important.

For those of you who just started and are finding yourself struggling to stay on the plan, starting is the hardest part. At least it was for me. Once I got going and developed a routine, and the weight came off, it got easier and easier. I started to find myself become addicted to seeing the weight on the scale go down. Now I wouldn't dream of going off plan because I don't want to jeopardize all of my efforts.

i will lose weight
04-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks Joe! I will be sure to check out the Pure Protien products you recommend. And it is good to know that you have had such success without taking any of the pills/supplements. Well I just weighed in this morning and have to say I do feel a bit discouraged:( I have finished my first week and even though I lost almost 9lbs during the 3 day prep, I gained .2 lbs on the first day of the diet and maintained the next 3 days. I realize how great 9lbs in 3 days is, but I have to tell you after 4 days of meticulous weighing/measuring, counting, taking all the pills...to not see the scale move down was a huge bummer this morning. My counselor did not seemed discouraged and trust me I am in this for the long 32 week haul, but really would have loved to see the scale keep moving in the right direction.

i will lose weight
04-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Hi guys...I'm chugging along. I have set a mini goal of losing 20 more pounds by June 1st. I have been searching the web for cheaper versions of QWLC products and supplements. So far I found a much cheaper version of the Boost drink mix here smartstyx dot com(won't let me post the link) The nutrition label is identical. I have not ordered any yet, but will this week and will let you know what I think.

robbinOloxly
04-17-2013, 10:52 PM
nice... thanks for the info

i will lose weight
04-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Hi everyone. I am ending week 3 at almost 13lbs lost (haven't weighed today and really hoping to get to the 15 mark). But I really want to hit the 20lb mark by end of week 4 and I am considering dong the Prep phase again in hopes of speeding up next week's loss. I have stayed on plan very strictly except for 2 days ago I ate Doritos and gained 2 ounces. Has anyone done Prep again when they stayed on the plan?? Any success?

i will lose weight
04-22-2013, 06:35 PM
I don't use them anymore, but I used to have the Pure Protein bars. They differ in nutrition info depending on the flavor (and also come in different sizes.) But I used to eat the 50g Chocolate Peanut Butter bars. They have 200 calories, 20g protein 9 net carbs (subtracting sugar alcohol) and 6g fat. I remember them comparing favorably to the QWL bars.

The shakes I drink are the Pure Protein chocolate frost in the 11oz aluminum bottles. They are 120 calories and 23g protein. For a while I was drinking the Atkins Cafe Mocha shakes. They are a little bit more calories, but less protein.

I believe the QWL literature says that you are limited to one protein bar per day. Is that correct?

Hi Joe,

Yes QWLC diet is limited to 2 Quick Snacks/day and only one of them can be a protein bar. I am putting in an order today at vitacost dot com for a variety of protein snacks similar to the QWLC ones. Vitacost sells Kay's Naturals Protein snacks and there are quite a few to choose from. They come 6 to a box just like QWLC, but they are in the $5 range as opposed to $17 at QWLC. I also ordered those Smart Styx today that are similar to the Boost.

Anyone recommend a good Fiber supplement? I have not been able to find one that has the exact same nutritional info as the QWLC Fiber Sticks Plus K. Kind of thinking any will do as long as it is low cal and sugar free.

nassmom
04-22-2013, 09:37 PM
I have just started my weight loss journey back up again and was thinking of going to QWLC. Is it really $600 to start? IF so, I will have to find something else to do. That is WAAY out of my budget!! :dizzy:

i will lose weight
04-22-2013, 10:35 PM
I have just started my weight loss journey back up again and was thinking of going to QWLC. Is it really $600 to start? IF so, I will have to find something else to do. That is WAAY out of my budget!! :dizzy:

It was for me, but it looks like it differs from TX, FL and GA and it is based on how much weight you want to loose. I paid for the full plan up front to help me stay motivated. They factor how many weeks it will take you to loose it and that is formulated into your fee. For me they calculated 32-36 weeks of weightloss phase (6xs a week) and then they also include i think a 6 week stabilization phase (3xs a week) and then a 1 year maintenance phase (once a week visits). And that also included a startup kit of the supplements. Some of the products lasted about 2 weeks, others were a full month. I used a $100 off coupon from their website, so I would check for special offers. They also were offering $99 plans, but i think it was for a set amount of weeks and no products.

I also read on the thread that if you go in for a consultation and don't join, they call you the next week or so and offer you a reduced rate.

I have not been "pressured" to buy QWLC products and I have been able to find much cheaper versions of some of them online.

Good luck to you!

i will lose weight
04-24-2013, 01:30 PM
I was told today that they have increased the Quick Snacks to 3 per day, provided the additional snack is a soup or drink. They said that clients in a KS test market lost more weight having the additional protein snack...we shall see!!! (not sure if that is just a ploy to sell more products)

Hi Joe,

Yes QWLC diet is limited to 2 Quick Snacks/day and only one of them can be a protein bar. I am putting in an order today at vitacost dot com for a variety of protein snacks similar to the QWLC ones. Vitacost sells Kay's Naturals Protein snacks and there are quite a few to choose from. They come 6 to a box just like QWLC, but they are in the $5 range as opposed to $17 at QWLC. I also ordered those Smart Styx today that are similar to the Boost.

Anyone recommend a good Fiber supplement? I have not been able to find one that has the exact same nutritional info as the QWLC Fiber Sticks Plus K. Kind of thinking any will do as long as it is low cal and sugar free.

robbinOloxly
04-24-2013, 08:24 PM
They did a buster on me the other week...

2 eggs breakfast

1/2 orange

6oz chicken 2 c. lettuce

1/2 orange

beef 2 c. lettuce ...

+ supps, bars and snack...

could have 1 dressing a day... i dropped a pound...

Hi everyone. I am ending week 3 at almost 13lbs lost (haven't weighed today and really hoping to get to the 15 mark). But I really want to hit the 20lb mark by end of week 4 and I am considering dong the Prep phase again in hopes of speeding up next week's loss. I have stayed on plan very strictly except for 2 days ago I ate Doritos and gained 2 ounces. Has anyone done Prep again when they stayed on the plan?? Any success?

i will lose weight
04-25-2013, 11:49 PM
I hope it works for you. I was suppose to start a plateau breaker today too, they said to do Plan 2 for 2 days (I am on plan 4). Mon I lost 2.5lbs (from Fri), than gained 4oz on Tues, then lost 1oz on Wed...BUT today when I weighed in I was down 2 lbs so they said never mind:) If they weren't offering the free week and buy 1 get 1 free snack for weighing in 5 times a week I really would only go 3xs. I just don't think it is all that accurate since your body may need more than 24 hrs to process a diet. I was totally on plan with no mistakes and that is how my weight fluctuated. Hoping to drop another 2.6lbs by Monday to hit my goal of 20lbs in the first 4 weeks. :carrot:

They did a buster on me the other week...

2 eggs breakfast

1/2 orange

6oz chicken 2 c. lettuce

1/2 orange

beef 2 c. lettuce ...

+ supps, bars and snack...

could have 1 dressing a day... i dropped a pound...

i will lose weight
04-26-2013, 01:19 AM
Hi guys...I'm chugging along. I have set a mini goal of losing 20 more pounds by June 1st. I have been searching the web for cheaper versions of QWLC products and supplements. So far I found a much cheaper version of the Boost drink mix here smartstyx dot com(won't let me post the link) The nutrition label is identical. I have not ordered any yet, but will this week and will let you know what I think.

I got my order today (placed it Monday) and it is the exact same product that QWLC sells. The packets are identical and have all of the same codes printed on them. I ordered 6 boxes of orange flavor and with shipping it came to $10.80/box. Compare to $25/box at the center.

tinnymc222
04-26-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi all-
I found this site when I googled 'quick weight loss supplement cheap' and after reading through all you had to offer wanted to join to first of all say THANK YOU and also have some partners in crime on this weight loss journey! I've bought from Diet Direct and the 'styx' site listed earlier and agree that the products, if not an exact fit, are close enough!

I started on Jan 1st (went to the center on Dec 31st at my heighest non-pregnancy weight EVER of 299) and as of today have lost 44 lbs! Overall, I have found the plan easy to adhere to, but won't say it's the easiest plan to stick to (as my slip ups - hello, I am a wine lover! - are well documented). However, to be down almost 50 lbs in 4 months has been such an amazing feat!

I just finished my second 'break' week and they have sent me down to Plan 2. Like another member posted, they told me this week that I can now have 3 snacks a day as long as one is a smoothie or similar, but I also agree that it might be a marketing gimmick. I'll try to focus on the positive results it will have on my daily diet instead!

As an FYI (and my way of adding some value besides a 'hooray!' for our successes) I did find a brand of Omega 3-6-9 fish oil at my local HEB today (I honestly didn't realize I was running out and was just going to get some of the basic stuff when I stumbled on this). The brand name is Nordic Naturals - not sure if it's an exact match, but it's the only one I've found OTC that has all 3 Omega's. It was $16-ish which is about 1/2 of what they sell them for at the centers (w/o any of their special specials!).

I've also found the fish oil online at Diet Direct and I'm still trying to find the most comparable Carb Blocker option, so if anyone has some ideas thanks in advance!

keep on keepin on! :carrot:

robbinOloxly
04-27-2013, 12:47 PM
I hate going in more than once a week...
i can weigh myself 3 time in an hour and i will be up and down up to 3 pounds... they write some crap down and ask me if i have been eating all my stuff.... they they try to get me to buy some stuff...??? I hate keeping the journal (it was handy the first month) now it is a pain in the bum!!

I have stuck to the diet %100, i did have 1 koloache (one of the students who works for me bought it specifically for me and she makes 1/6 of my salary (how do you say no to that??))

I started at the center at 196, I couldn't afford the program so I went on a payment plan for 4 weeks...

Through my self dieting I dropped to 188. I started at 188 on 3/18 and now I am around 169.. I was a size 14/16 and now I am in a 10/12. I have lost a whole "roll" of fat on my belly instead of 3 big'ens i have just 2.

I am still INSANELY tired!! I fell like i have had a beer or glass of wine without food. I always feel light headed and slightly buzzed... I have had people suggest that it is low iron, hypoglycemia, or maybe a thyroid problem. ( iam going to the dr friday)

They center said that the diet would never make me feel like this, in fact i should be more energized. I feel so tired...

i was running 3 miles 3 times a week and going to a aerobic class a couple more times a week.. but i went once recently and didn't think that I was going to make it through the class!!

has anyone heard of this? My husband thinks that it is the diet... it is the only thing that changed drastically! idk!

I hope it works for you. I was suppose to start a plateau breaker today too, they said to do Plan 2 for 2 days (I am on plan 4). Mon I lost 2.5lbs (from Fri), than gained 4oz on Tues, then lost 1oz on Wed...BUT today when I weighed in I was down 2 lbs so they said never mind:) If they weren't offering the free week and buy 1 get 1 free snack for weighing in 5 times a week I really would only go 3xs. I just don't think it is all that accurate since your body may need more than 24 hrs to process a diet. I was totally on plan with no mistakes and that is how my weight fluctuated. Hoping to drop another 2.6lbs by Monday to hit my goal of 20lbs in the first 4 weeks. :carrot:

i will lose weight
04-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Hi all-
I found this site when I googled 'quick weight loss supplement cheap' and after reading through all you had to offer wanted to join to first of all say THANK YOU and also have some partners in crime on this weight loss journey! I've bought from Diet Direct and the 'styx' site listed earlier and agree that the products, if not an exact fit, are close enough!

Hi and welcome! Congrats to a great start and thanks for contributing. I agree that the diet has its pros and cons and the no alcohol is a big con. I have been good so far, but summer is just around the corner and I know boat drinks will be had:)

So first off is a break week a part of the program or just taking a break from the diet? Only being on the plan 4 weeks I don't really know of what's to come or the lingo.

Also I recently ordered that same brand of omegas from Vitacost, but in the liquid form. I am having a hard time swallowing those EFA pills. They keep getting stuck in my throat. I am looking forward to it arriving early next week so I can't comment on it yet, but the calorie and fat content compared very closely to the total of 9 pills/day. It does have a much higher amount of the omegas with just a once a day dose. I also ordered Renew Life Organic Clear Fiber. It does not have the added potassium like the QWL fiber sticks, but Sam's Club sells a Potassium supplement pretty cheap if I need to add that back in. I will say that I only have taken the 1 starter box of fiber sticks since I have been on the diet. This last week I have felt like my body could have used some added fiber.

I am also looking for a carb blocker so if I come across one I will be sure to post it.

Thanks and good luck on hitting the 50lb mark quickly!

i will lose weight
04-27-2013, 05:51 PM
I hate going in more than once a week...
i can weigh myself 3 time in an hour and i will be up and down up to 3 pounds... they write some crap down and ask me if i have been eating all my stuff.... they they try to get me to buy some stuff...??? I hate keeping the journal (it was handy the first month) now it is a pain in the bum!!

Hi Robbin,
Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. I hope you will get some answers from the Dr. I personally have not experienced any real health changes since I have been on the diet. I do have fatigue issues, but not because of the diet. I had my thyroid removed 5 years ago (long story) and that is the root of my fatigue problem. I take synthroid daily and my dosage seems to get changed/tweaked a lot. I go to the Dr. on Wed and I am going to ask to have it raised again if the blood work does not already suggest that I need it.

The Boost really helps me, especially with the mid-afternoon blahs. I usually drink both of mine between lunch and dinner.

I will say that I do second guess the "quick" part of this program for me. I mean I am not saying nearly 20lbs in 4 weeks is not quick, but almost 9 of those lbs were from the 3 day Prep. So that is really almost 11lbs in 3.5 weeks on the plan. But I am going in the right direction and I can't argue that this diet is not working for me. But honestly by week 3 I was in a rut. So tired of eating bland food...and chicken. I broke down and bought some of their soup mixes to use and that has helped me out some. But prepping food for the week is really a key to my success. If I can clean and chop all of my veggies and weigh and portion all of my meat it really helps me stay focused. I cook for my diet and I still need to cook something else for my family. So anyway to save time is helpful.

Good luck this week and hang in there!

i will lose weight
04-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Hi Robbin,
Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. I hope you will get some answers from the Dr. I personally have not experienced any real health changes since I have been on the diet. I do have fatigue issues, but not because of the diet. I had my thyroid removed 5 years ago (long story) and that is the root of my fatigue problem.

I also wanted to mention that yes food journal does suck and the form they give you is just awful and hard to follow, in my opinion. I made a spreadsheet and it helps me see my whole week at a time and makes it easier for to see when I ate things that are limited (like brown rice and red meat) so I know when I can or can't eat them again. My spreadsheet is super simple, but if you would like a copy of it, I would be happy to share it with you. I keep it on the fridge to help me remember.

tinnymc222
04-29-2013, 10:49 AM
I also wanted to mention that yes food journal does suck and the form they give you is just awful and hard to follow, in my opinion. I made a spreadsheet and it helps me see my whole week at a time and makes it easier for to see when I ate things that are limited (like brown rice and red meat) so I know when I can or can't eat them again. My spreadsheet is super simple, but if you would like a copy of it, I would be happy to share it with you. I keep it on the fridge to help me remember.

I made a spreadsheet too - all the food broken down into meals, supplements, water and exercise in column A, then 7 columns for each week. SOOO much easier than their crap. I was actually told at the beginning that I could use whatever worked best for me and for about a month used my phone to log everything on the Spark people app, but then I had someone tell me that no, I MUST use paper so they can see everything, make comments on the paper, blah blah blah. After rolling my eyes and saying 'WHATEVER' several times in my head, I told them that's fine but that the beauty of my phone is I ALWAYS have it on me but I often won't bring my paper journal. They still want the paper - so we'll see how many times I remember it. So there - hahaha!

tinnymc222
04-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi and welcome! Congrats to a great start and thanks for contributing. I agree that the diet has its pros and cons and the no alcohol is a big con. I have been good so far, but summer is just around the corner and I know boat drinks will be had:)

So first off is a break week a part of the program or just taking a break from the diet? Only being on the plan 4 weeks I don't really know of what's to come or the lingo.

Also I recently ordered that same brand of omegas from Vitacost, but in the liquid form. I am having a hard time swallowing those EFA pills. They keep getting stuck in my throat. I am looking forward to it arriving early next week so I can't comment on it yet, but the calorie and fat content compared very closely to the total of 9 pills/day. It does have a much higher amount of the omegas with just a once a day dose. I also ordered Renew Life Organic Clear Fiber. It does not have the added potassium like the QWL fiber sticks, but Sam's Club sells a Potassium supplement pretty cheap if I need to add that back in. I will say that I only have taken the 1 starter box of fiber sticks since I have been on the diet. This last week I have felt like my body could have used some added fiber.

I am also looking for a carb blocker so if I come across one I will be sure to post it.

Thanks and good luck on hitting the 50lb mark quickly!

mmmmm - boat drinks! I'm going to New Orleans for Jazzfest this weekend, so am going to be SOOO super strict so I won't feel too guilty when I have a hurricane and a beniget! But honestly - I've decided that in order to keep myself motivated, I can't NOT do certain things, like celebrate an anniversary, but I know I will not go hog wild either. Come too far to blow it!

So the break week - not a break from the diet (Drats!) but a break from your eating plan. Basically stock up on grapefruit, salad stuff, and protein for 5 days, then the last 2 days are just like prep but you get all your supplements and snacks, so definitely not as bad. My last two days is when I go bonzangas on beef fajitas because you can have unlimited protein. It has helped to 'restart' some of the quickness of the weight loss for a spell.

Thanks for the tip on the potassium - when I ran out of the fiber sticks I was using an OTC brand but do think the potassium is a key ingredient, so that is definitely good to know.

Weighing in tomorrow - here's to hoping for a great week for us all!

i will lose weight
04-29-2013, 09:07 PM
I am jealous...wish I was going to JF! But I am not so sure I could be good, even in moderation:) As for the potassium, I use Tony Chachere's salt free and Morton Salt Free in addition to my 1/2t of MLS and both of those have a good amount of potassium in them. I think once I start working out, I will add the supplement to my regimen.

Thanks for explaining the break week. Kind of looking forward to that, although not sure when it occurs. Is it when you reach a certain weight or they move you to a new a plan? Please share your beef fajita recipe! I am in a rut and the cook book on their website is not user friendly. Really wish you could search or view an index instead of scrolling through each page. I have been making Red peppers stuffed with a ground turkey mixture.

Well I weighed in this morning and did not hit the 20lb mark:( I was extremely good so I was disappointed to only have a 2oz loss. I started a plateau breaker today and will do it again tomorrow. So fingers crossed it will happen soon. TMI (Although I start my cycle this week so who knows).

Good luck to you this week!

camibee
05-02-2013, 12:04 AM
Hello all!

I did the qwlc diet a couple years ago and tried looking for everything I had but to no avail :(. I would really like to get back on the horse and after reading all 38 pages on this site decided to join you guys on your journey. I have found the cheap supplement site - diet direct - and Im currently trying to fill my cart with all the things I need.

Can anyone send me any information they have on the diet - like what is a starch serving, approved foods list/ What do I eat each day, how many supplements I'm allowed, any information on any meal/maintennce plan would be great, !!!!

My email is dainty3 at msn.com

Thank You guys in advance and good luck one and all!!!

me2chatty
05-02-2013, 06:10 AM
Hi all!!

This is a great site, I LOVE all the support I am seeing on here from each other going through the same things.

I did the QWLC diet about 7 years ago and had great success!!! Lost 40 pounds and boy did I feel like a new woman. The best I had felt since I was in my 20's!! Since then, I have moved out of the country and gained some of the weight back. In the process of moving I have lost all of my booklets and pamplets on the approved food list and all of my phases. There is not a QWLC here in Perth and was hoping that someone could email them all to me so I can start up again. I am hoping I can still have success without the supplements since I am not able to get them here.

My email address is mechatty@msn.com Thank you so much for helping me. I look forward to getting support on here posting on my success, especially since I don's have the support here.

Thanks so much!! :carrot:

tinnymc222
05-02-2013, 01:39 PM
I am jealous...wish I was going to JF! But I am not so sure I could be good, even in moderation:) As for the potassium, I use Tony Chachere's salt free and Morton Salt Free in addition to my 1/2t of MLS and both of those have a good amount of potassium in them. I think once I start working out, I will add the supplement to my regimen.

Thanks for explaining the break week. Kind of looking forward to that, although not sure when it occurs. Is it when you reach a certain weight or they move you to a new a plan? Please share your beef fajita recipe! I am in a rut and the cook book on their website is not user friendly. Really wish you could search or view an index instead of scrolling through each page. I have been making Red peppers stuffed with a ground turkey mixture.

Well I weighed in this morning and did not hit the 20lb mark:( I was extremely good so I was disappointed to only have a 2oz loss. I started a plateau breaker today and will do it again tomorrow. So fingers crossed it will happen soon. TMI (Although I start my cycle this week so who knows).

Good luck to you this week!

The break week happens every 6-9 weeks depending on how your weight loss is going. During that week they don't expect you to lose weight so it's also a mental break (and it doesn't count against the weeks you bought so it's also a break to your wallet - win/win/win!). My fajita recipe is simple: drive to Lupe Tortillas! They somehow add lime PERFECTLY to their steak - I've tried to copy it, but to no avail. They're expensive but SOOO worth it to me.

Your 20 is within your grasp! I'm sure you will see it after your plateau breaker! I've started telling myself every day the number I want to see on the scale by the end of the week. Just randomly throughout the day I'll say '2##' outloud. It helps get my brain in line with what I want to happen - helps especially when I'm not feeling like things are moving. So far it seems to be working - down another 2 lbs ...so so close to 50 (well, until this weekend - and TMI here too but I might get dinged with my cycle shortly). It WILL be achieved though - of that I have no doubt!

me2chatty
05-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Hello all!

I did the qwlc diet a couple years ago and tried looking for everything I had but to no avail :(. I would really like to get back on the horse and after reading all 38 pages on this site decided to join you guys on your journey. I have found the cheap supplement site - diet direct - and Im currently trying to fill my cart with all the things I need.

Can anyone send me any information they have on the diet - like what is a starch serving, approved foods list/ What do I eat each day, how many supplements I'm allowed, any information on any meal/maintennce plan would be great, !!!!

My email is dainty3 at msn.com

Thank You guys in advance and good luck one and all!!!

Hi!! I found the booklet they give you of the approved foods list and I emailed it to you. I too did the diet and moved and lost ALL my information and am searching for all the phases information again. This is the only one I could find so far.

I hope it helps and I hope we can find the rest of the phases so we too can drop some pounds!!

:carrot:

camibee
05-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Hi!! I found the booklet they give you of the approved foods list and I emailed it to you. I too did the diet and moved and lost ALL my information and am searching for all the phases information again. This is the only one I could find so far.

I hope it helps and I hope we can find the rest of the phases so we too can drop some pounds!!

:carrot:

Thank you so much you're awesome!!! If i manage to round up anything i will let you know ASAP. Good luckkk im planning to start prepping on Sunday!!!

Thanks again!

i will lose weight
05-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Yay me!! Finally got down into the 260s and past the 20lbs lost mark! I am super happy and fell very awesome about my 5 weeks of progress. Ready to keep losing. Hope everyone else is having a good week:)

i will lose weight
05-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Thank you so much you're awesome!!! If i manage to round up anything i will let you know ASAP. Good luckkk im planning to start prepping on Sunday!!!

Thanks again!

What info do you still need?

sluggo44
05-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Is the 3 day prep consist of all the beef and raw greens plus one orange

camibee
05-07-2013, 09:09 AM
What info do you still need?

Any Information on the Stabilization and Maintenance Phase would be awesome. Thank You!!!

sluggo44
05-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Can someone tell me if the 3 day prep is the same as the plateau breaker

i will lose weight
05-07-2013, 06:34 PM

Not exactly
2 eggs for breakfast
Unlimited meats - no breading, no deli meats or canned meats... Rotisserie Chicken is allowed:)
Raw green salad vegetables - only low calorie Italian dressing or Oil and Vinegar
1 orange - 1/2 am and 1/2 pm
80 oz water
butter, margarine and oil are allowed in preparing your protein

And this is not used as a plateau breaker as far as I know. I have seen other's post them in this thread and they seem to vary.

i will lose weight
05-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Any Information on the Stabilization and Maintenance Phase would be awesome. Thank You!!!

Sorry I have not gotten that far...yet!

me2chatty
05-07-2013, 10:02 PM

Thanks again!

That sounds great if you find anything else! I have not started yet, but plan to starting Monday. I have a weekend out planned and did not want to mess up yet! LOL I am still looking for the maintenance and stabilization stuff also and will let you know. Hope you your beginning is going good for you, can't wait to hear about your progress! :carrot:

tinnymc222
05-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Yay me!! Finally got down into the 260s and past the 20lbs lost mark! I am super happy and fell very awesome about my 5 weeks of progress. Ready to keep losing. Hope everyone else is having a good week:)

woohoo!! congrats on reaching that goal and continued wishes for our march towards better health and smaller clothes! :carrot:

tinnymc222
05-07-2013, 10:08 PM
I haven't gotten to the stabilization or maintenance phases either. At the rate I"m going I have a feeling I"ll be about 3/4 of the way to my goal (especially after gaining 3 lbs after my Jazzfest weekend, but it was worth EVERY ounce :) ). I highly doubt I will buy more weeks, so I'm still trying to figure out what I'll do, but am just focusing on getting as far along as possible for now. Still, if someone has those plans it would be handy.

sluggo44
05-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Thank you for the info on the 3 day prep. I joined slim4life about 3 years ago and its pretty much the same as quick weight loss but I didn't stick to it heck I only gave it a week due to I passed out from lack of calories but partially my fault. I seriously have dieted myself fat and I'm just so tired of being fat and tired lol I will start the prep friday and then monday start plan 1

me2chatty
05-08-2013, 09:28 PM

YAYYYY CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome!!! :carrot:

i will lose weight
05-08-2013, 09:51 PM
woohoo!! congrats on reaching that goal and continued wishes for our march towards better health and smaller clothes! :carrot:

Thank you!

I haven't gotten to the stabilization or maintenance phases either. At the rate I"m going I have a feeling I"ll be about 3/4 of the way to my goal (especially after gaining 3 lbs after my Jazzfest weekend, but it was worth EVERY ounce :) ). I highly doubt I will buy more weeks, so I'm still trying to figure out what I'll do, but am just focusing on getting as far along as possible for now. Still, if someone has those plans it would be handy.

Seriously 3# from JF is nothing...you did great! Do you know about this month's special, weigh in 5x week and get a free week? Last month's special was better, but I earned 4 free weeks last month. I hope it helps you!

YAYYYY CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome!!! :carrot:

Thank you!

i will lose weight
05-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Well as much as I feel like I have gotten off to a really good weight loss start with QWL, I get pretty ticked off at how much they charge for the snacks. I mean there are many sites that sell the exact same product for $5-$7 less. Not too mention very comparable products for $12 less. I feel like QWL should offer it's members the best price possible considering how much we are already paying them in upfront fees.

OK so that is my rant and on that subject does anyone buy a protein smoothie or shake mix that they like? I am trying to find something comparable to the Twist Smoothies (strawberry banana is my fave and lemon razzy is good too) at about $1 per serving. I am also looking for one with stevia or at least no aspartime or acesulfame-k. I have come across these brands: SDC Nutrition About Time, Syntrax Nectar Naturals, CytoSport Complete Whey Protein Strawberry Banana (it does have acesulfame-k).

tinnymc222
05-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Seriously 3# from JF is nothing...you did great! Do you know about this month's special, weigh in 5x week and get a free week? Last month's special was better, but I earned 4 free weeks last month. I hope it helps you!

I thought the same thing - and when I weighed in yesterday I was only up .5 lb (procrastination paid off!). Will go in today but according to my scale I think I'm actually now under what I was before I left last week - hooray!

Wasn't told about the special, but 5x a week will be tough. 4x was hard, but worth the free weeks definitely.

As far as the smoothies - Lemon Razz is my favorite too, but I haven't tried those elsewhere. I did just order some pizza chips, caramel crunch, pineapple orange drink, and the omega 3/6/9 pills from diet direct - free shipping and 5% off of their already lower prices - hooray!

roho42
05-10-2013, 03:36 PM
went thru QWLC about 3 years ago. Lost about 60 pounds but set too aggressive of a goal (according to gym BMI is off significantly for my current Lean Body Mass) and should have gone through stabilization where i was. but i had changed jobs, couldn't get to center, and my current job is actually the equivalent of Kryptonite to diets. Couple with high stress and catered lunch every day I didn't last long.

Took about a year to gain it back and i've been struggling with what to do. was considering Atkins for a while to reset my insulin which i know is too high but i'm not convinced that atkins will not harm my lean body mass...plus even though i can have cheese and bacon, i'm pretty sure QWLC ends up being easier to do.

I actually started again before a 7 day cruise and lost about 12 pounds in 2 weeks and managed to maintain during the cruise and may have even lost a little (not sticking to diet obviously) but I didn't go back when i got back and gained it back pretty quick as most of that was water weight anyway.

Regardless I'm probably going to start the 3 day period either tomorrow or Sunday.

I was going to try to modify the plan to avoid soy and all medium/high glycemic foods (e.g. mostly the starches and/or starch replacements) because of insulin issues and because of the impact soy can have on hormones but since I know the plan works as/is I might as well lose the weight first and then see how my system is doing before making additional changes...

SW: 315
CW: 313
GW: 250 (for now...will go back to center to officially do stabilization and maintenance at that point, then based on eBMI will decide if I need to go further)

roho42
05-10-2013, 03:58 PM
also does anyone know if they've made any interesting changes to the official food list in the past couple of years? I know right before I joined they removed Tilapia but one of the counselors told me I should be able to ignore that and just write it down as Cod or Mahi.

Was just wondering if there were any other big changes on things that are now restricted or maybe are now allowed.

Things in the past that I found odd were that I couldn't have Brussell Sprouts
and depending on which counselor Jalapeno Peppers (pretty sure these can just be classified as green peppers but some counselors still didn't allow)

roho42
05-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Well as much as I feel like I have gotten off to a really good weight loss start with QWL, I get pretty ticked off at how much they charge for the snacks. I mean there are many sites that sell the exact same product for $5-$7 less. Not too mention very comparable products for $12 less. I feel like QWL should offer it's members the best price possible considering how much we are already paying them in upfront fees.

Yeah, that would be nice...even with their sales it gets pricey and there are plenty of places where you can get the same stuff for much cheaper. But you also run the risk of getting other stuff that you think will work the same but either hasn't been tested or doesn't fit the same needs nutritionally and may cause problems. But if it's the same item, they have to expect people to venture out on their own. That said, I haven't found a good option to purchase QuickBoost that is better than their sale prices.

OK so that is my rant and on that subject does anyone buy a protein smoothie or shake mix that they like? I am trying to find something comparable to the Twist Smoothies (strawberry banana is my fave and lemon razzy is good too) at about $1 per serving. I am also looking for one with stevia or at least no aspartime or acesulfame-k. I have come across these brands: SDC Nutrition About Time, Syntrax Nectar Naturals, CytoSport Complete Whey Protein Strawberry Banana (it does have acesulfame-k).

That's a good question. I was wondering the same thing because i'd much rather use stevia. I don't think Whey proteins are ok because they explicitly say that the protein should be vegetable based protein (see the protein supplement information sheet). that being said, I guess if we can match the amino acids and the other nutritional numbers with the protein supplements (also looking at some of the bars) and find an average, we might be able to do this. I personally prefer a product called Whey Factors but again it's whey and i haven't compared it to the other products as of yet.

Please let me know if you find anything and i'll try to compare the numbers with the products that I have to see if it looks close. Worst case we try it and suffer a setback on the weightloss and just go back to what they support officially.

roho42
05-10-2013, 10:44 PM
As a followup on the protein:

A) I looked for a Vegan/Vegetable based protein supplement that is either unsweetened or uses stevia. everything I could find is either Rice or Pea based protein which I would be concerned about as neither are safe foods on this plan.

B) I looked at the actual ingredients to the supported protein supplements and I am even more adamant about using something different. Fructose, corn syrup? WTF? I have been reading quite a bit about elevated insulin and the causal relationship with fructose (including HFCS) and when you throw that crap in with artificial sweeteners to boot, I think I am done with that crap. I guess I'm going to try to use the protein supplement I mentioned above and see how it goes. I'll reserve the old stuff for a pinch.

Now I'm scared to death to read the labels on the starch replacements. Sometimes education can be a real pain in the butt...:dizzy:

erinh52098
05-13-2013, 05:16 PM
I am so glad I found this thread. I am starting the QWLC plan for my second go around. I lost 30 lbs. about 2 years ago on the plan & gradually gained it all back. I had some unexpected life events & I let it throw me...But I am back now.

Since I already know the plan & have all my materials I plan to do it myself. I plan to use Advocare spark instead of the QWLC Booster one time a day & I haven't decided what I will use in place of the QWLC bars.

What I know I will need help with is recipes & suggestions to change it up. The food gets boring so quickly.

I know the plan works so I can work hard for the next few months & lose the 30 lbs again.

Any and all advice, suggestions, etc. is very welcome!

roho42
05-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Since I already know the plan & have all my materials I plan to do it myself. I plan to use Advocare spark instead of the QWLC Booster one time a day & I haven't decided what I will use in place of the QWLC bars.

What I know I will need help with is recipes & suggestions to change it up. The food gets boring so quickly.

Any and all advice, suggestions, etc. is very welcome!

Welcome back :)

Please let me/us know if you find a product to replace the protein supplement. I still have quickboost and they are currently on sale in the center (and I think proteins are BOGO) but the proteins are probably expensive even with BOGO. I'm going to check out spark. They also have no problem selling you product even if you refuse the service...(in my experience)

Trying to remember some of my favs...i know i wasn't always careful with salt because i knew it was because of the water weight issues and i just factored that in over time.

one of my favorites was to take eggplant and broccoli and spaghetti squash and whatever other veggies i had available and put them in a casserole dish. cover with a good quality marinara (no sugar, low/no oil) with some garlic powder, italian seasoning, and some cottage cheese. bake at 350 for like 45 mins or so. divide into reasonable portion sizes.

I never really followed portions for veggies either. as my favorite counselor told me....no one ever got fat eating broccoli (depending on what they put on it of course)

I also liked to throw some chicken breast in the crock pot with some good quality no sugar added salsa. cook on low all day while i'm at work and eat it with some steamed veggies.

i will lose weight
05-13-2013, 06:45 PM
Welcome back :)

Please let me/us know if you find a product to replace the protein supplement. I still have quickboost and they are currently on sale in the center (and I think proteins are BOGO) but the proteins are probably expensive even with BOGO. I'm going to check out spark. They also have no problem selling you product even if you refuse the service...(in my experience)

I hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan! Roho you must not be in the Houston area because those sales are not at my location. I get Quick boost online for $10 and some change and I have not seen the center ever beat that with their sales. As for the protein bars I am still trying to find one that I like. I really like the one's the center offers because they are crunchy (Chocolate peanut and lemon meringue are my faves and only ones I have tried) and all of the substitutes I have tried are chewy and just OK. So far I have found Pure Protein brand in Chewy Chocolate Chip, Strawberry shortcake, Chocolate Peanut Caramel and Chocolate Deluxe they all compare very closely nutritionally to the center's bars but have more protein. But some of them have high sugar alcohols and those have affected me:( Not sure if that is something new since I have been on the diet, but seems anything with more than 5g of sugar alcohol and my body rejects it! I also found a brand at Walmart by the cereals called Life Choice double chocolate protein bar and it also is pretty close nutritionally with no sugar alcohols.

i will lose weight
05-13-2013, 06:57 PM
That's a good question. I was wondering the same thing because i'd much rather use stevia. I don't think Whey proteins are ok because they explicitly say that the protein should be vegetable based protein (see the protein supplement information sheet). that being said, I guess if we can match the amino acids and the other nutritional numbers with the protein supplements (also looking at some of the bars) and find an average, we might be able to do this. I personally prefer a product called Whey Factors but again it's whey and i haven't compared it to the other products as of yet.

Please let me know if you find anything and i'll try to compare the numbers with the products that I have to see if it looks close. Worst case we try it and suffer a setback on the weight loss and just go back to what they support officially.

You are right that most of the quick snacks are loaded with soy/vegetable protein, but the Twist Smoothies are whey protein isolate. I picked up a single serve packet of Jay Robb Tropical dreamsicle mix at HEB. Have not tried it yet,but nutritionally it is close to the center's smoothie, but this one uses stevia and also has 5g more of protein. There was another diet supply site that offered sample packs of certain mixes and I think that is the way to go. I definitely want to try something before buying the bulk size. I will probably place that order tonight so I will post the site on here later if others are interested.

Oh and FYI, most of the sites like dietdirectdotcom are selling the identical product as QWLC they are just rebranded for another program. So there is no worries about eating off program:)

Hope that helps!

republicakes
05-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Hi everyone! I live in GA and I'm kicking off phase 2 of my qwlc journey tonight. Today is my last day of green and protein(ugh). I lost a lot of weight when I was in HS on LA Weight Loss, so I thought I could give this program a shot since it's almost identical. I've bought all my supplies online(bars, drinks, boost) through Nashua Nutrition and they are identical to what the center sells, images on the boxes and all!

I'm looking to loose around 70 pounds to get to the smallest size I've ever been as an adult and it looks like I might hit that around the middle of October. :carrot:

I'm going to be using myfitnesspal as my food tracker since I'm familiar with the app and I have friends on there.

If there is anything I can do to help any of you all, let me know!

erinh52098
05-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the recipe suggestions!

I WI this morning and I was down 3 lbs. I know a lot of it was bloat from a pretty food laden weekend. I have done fairly well on my second day of the 3 day detox. I am going grocery shopping tonight so any food suggestions or recipes would be great.

In the past I tried to make some of the recipes with the protien supplements but just could not get use to them.

Have a great day!

roho42
05-14-2013, 04:29 PM
my favorite store in the past online was family bariatric but they never sold QB and i couldn't find it less than regular price anywhere else. i haven't searched in a while, however. i'm gonna have to look for that twist smoothie and give it a shot.

I wish i could say that my day one was successful. it mostly was but the universe is intent on stopping me from succeeding. my wife got some bad health news and the stress just got to be too much. i hate the first three days because it's too easy to just start over. day one begins again tomorrow.

erinh52098
05-15-2013, 02:55 PM
I am on day 3 and so glad that I can eat more variety tomorrow. I have plans with my sister in laws tonight at BJ's Brewery and am not going to drink any alcohol. I see that as a test, but I am determined.

Sorry about the bad health news Roho.

ghardeway
05-16-2013, 09:29 AM
I could not find my way back to this thread until today! Thanks for the encouragement!

ghardeway
05-16-2013, 09:45 AM
The program has its ups & downs but am pleased to report I have continued work to make it work for me. I am down 20 pounds today and moving forward.

I purchased QuickBoost with NashuaNutrition and thinking FRS Slim Sticks could be a wonderful sub for them. Supplement Warehouse sales them. FRS Slim sticks are similar in so many ways. Still researching the product but thermogenic in nature, cost effective & include Slendesta to boot (natural appetite suppressant). Please share your thoughts on this product as a possible sub.

classykaren
05-16-2013, 10:43 AM
I am sorry for your news

ghardeway
05-16-2013, 11:01 AM
The plan is pricey but there are ways around it. After dropping $567.00 to begin and another large amount at the nutrition consultation I referred a friend. She was able to get the documents, 4 weeks worth of "accountability", and a starter pack of supplements for $199.00. I was floored. After I thought about it I realized the accountability is worth it....I guess.

Since joining and depleting the initial products I have come to the really that Alternative supplements are the key to surviving financially.

I am having a hard time with water retention and fiber- looking for ideas in that area. I am currently using roasted dandelion tea to combat the fluid. I hate the gassy effect the fiber sticks seem to have. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

joefla70
05-16-2013, 11:46 AM
The plan is pricey but there are ways around it. After dropping $567.00 to begin and another large amount at the nutrition consultation I referred a friend. She was able to get the documents, 4 weeks worth of "accountability", and a starter pack of supplements for $199.00. I was floored. After I thought about it I realized the accountability is worth it....I guess.

Since joining and depleting the initial products I have come to the really that Alternative supplements are the key to surviving financially.

I am having a hard time with water retention and fiber- looking for ideas in that area. I am currently using roasted dandelion tea to combat the fluid. I hate the gassy effect the fiber sticks seem to have. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I haven't posted here in a while because I have pretty much moved away from doing a QWL type plan to something else. (I often change up my diet plan). But when I started my weight loss I followed the QWL plan -- without actually going to QWLC. I used supplements that I bought in the store. (Pure Protein brand shakes and bars). I never did anything like Quick Boost or the carb blockers or the hoodia. I still lost a lot of weight on the plan. Alternative supplements are fine -- as long as you find ones that match (or are close to) the nutrition data for the QWLC supplements. Not all protein bars and shakes are low in calorie and carbohydrates. But many are.

The other thing is that I never worried about the water retention. Water is not fat. The only effect that retaining water is going to have is on the numbers on the scale when you weigh in. Its not going to keep you from burning fat. Unfortunately, the coaches at the weight loss centers only care about that number on the scale when you go weigh in. I have learned long ago that those short term numbers do not matter. There will be fluctuations in water retention. Its not a big deal.

i will lose weight
05-16-2013, 02:58 PM
my favorite store in the past online was family bariatric but they never sold QB and i couldn't find it less than regular price anywhere else. i haven't searched in a while, however. i'm gonna have to look for that twist smoothie and give it a shot.

I wish i could say that my day one was successful. it mostly was but the universe is intent on stopping me from succeeding. my wife got some bad health news and the stress just got to be too much. i hate the first three days because it's too easy to just start over. day one begins again tomorrow.

I hope your wife is doing better. I can only tell you that I let my father's health crisis get in the way of my health and i gained 30lbs, 25 of those I worked very hard to loose. Today I am still 10lbs up from what I weighed before that crisis. i know it is not easy, but you have to remember to take care of yourself too. Best of luck!

i will lose weight
05-16-2013, 03:10 PM
The program has its ups & downs but am pleased to report I have continued work to make it work for me. I am down 20 pounds today and moving forward.

I purchased QuickBoost with NashuaNutrition and thinking FRS Slim Sticks could be a wonderful sub for them. Supplement Warehouse sales them. FRS Slim sticks are similar in so many ways. Still researching the product but thermogenic in nature, cost effective & include Slendesta to boot (natural appetite suppressant). Please share your thoughts on this product as a possible sub.

Congrats on your success! I posted this earlier in the thread, but SmartStyx.com sells the Quickboost packs way cheaper...the SAME EXACT packs. They do a buy 1 get one free if you buy at least 3 boxes. I bought 6 boxes and they were less than $11 per box or $.77/pack.

I have been using Renew Life Organic Clear Fiber from Vitacost. It is almost the same nutritional value as the fiber sticks and mixes just like them too. No taste at all. I always take mine mixed with my Quickboost, just like I did when I used the actual Fibersticks. And after I bought it, I saw on Dr. Oz that acacia fiber is a good belly fat buster too. I have not found products to replace the Fat Burner, Carb Blocker or Release, yet. I also got an EFA from vitacost. Hope this helps.

ghardeway
05-16-2013, 04:42 PM
I will lose weight - I checked out your leads & am was pleasantly surprised at SmartStyx.com as well as Renew Low Organic Quick Fiber. They have great prices!!! Thanks so much for the quick response!

Jofla79 - Thank you for your heartfelt advice & I agree with you the centers thrives off the number the scale reflects. It is a direct marketing strategy & our worth to them. It sounds complicated, but its actually very simples consuming smaller (nutritionally balanced) portions produces weight loss-not water weight.

I checked out IdealProtien threads here on 3 fat chicks & they are amazingly active! Is that the plan you are presently committed to? I wish you continual success on this journey. If so how much weight have you dropped on it?

I implemented a few tips & tricks from the IP threads on this site. When I run out of QWL weeks I plan on transferring to IP (all Alternatives) but i invested a small gold mine in QWLC so I'm riding it out. Bleh

Fondly...

ghardeway
05-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Trolling thru the IP threads have been a life saver. They have amazing recipes. Alittle sub here or there to mirror QWL protocol and magic.

Member rox824 posted this Cabbage roll Recipe that I LoVE:

Boil cabbage leaves until they are limp. Drain and set aside. Brown 10 oz. ground turkey in 2 TB EVOO, add chopped mushrooms and green onions. Season meat with your favorite low sodium Mrs. Dash, lite salt and pepper. Put one large spoonful in the middle of cabbage leaf and roll it like a burrito. Place your cabbage rolls in a baking dish. Pour sodium free chicken broth over the rolls, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 min. at 350 degrees. It's delicious can add cauliflower, broccoli just to get a different flavor and texture.
* I attempted to post the souce link but it didn't work.

ghardeway
05-16-2013, 05:39 PM
I also enjoy the following recipe for pudding cakes that orginated from an IP thread. It is kinda eggy but stretches the pudding packs out & makes great "carry around" snacks. Again I subbed the ingrediants to match the IP protocol & heaven.

Pudding Cakes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a blender, combine (2) egg whites, (1) t. vanilla and 2 oz. of water. Blend well
-Pour liquid contents into a bowl, and gently fold in pudding packet. I usually add a little powder, mix it up, add a little more, etc... The final result is a "batter" similar to brownies. And yes, I lick the bowl and spoon
-To bake, I use (2) small corning ware dishes, you could also make them in a muffin tin, and divide them into (3) equal muffins. I spray the bottom of the dish with Pam so the cakes won't stick.

The cakes will get VERY large while baking, and will deflate when cooling. If you put too much batter into a small baking dish, your cakes will literally explode in the oven. It is VERY important to only fill the baking dish or muffin tin 1/2 way. Which is why you will get 2 small cakes or 3 muffins.

-Bake at 350 for 15-16 minutes. Let cool and enjoy a mini cake.

joefla70
05-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Trolling thru the IP threads have been a life saver. They have amazing recipes. Alittle sub here or there to mirror QWL protocol and magic.

Member rox824 posted this Cabbage roll Recipe that I LoVE:

Boil cabbage leaves until they are limp. Drain and set aside. Brown 10 oz. ground turkey in 2 TB EVOO, add chopped mushrooms and green onions. Season meat with your favorite low sodium Mrs. Dash, lite salt and pepper. Put one large spoonful in the middle of cabbage leaf and roll it like a burrito. Place your cabbage rolls in a baking dish. Pour sodium free chicken broth over the rolls, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 min. at 350 degrees. It's delicious can add cauliflower, broccoli just to get a different flavor and texture.
* I attempted to post the souce link but it didn't work.

I agree... until they get to a part of a recipe that calls for a "potato puree packet"!!! What the heck is that?!? ;)

ghardeway
05-16-2013, 06:26 PM
I came to terms with the plan and committed myself - so tired of the MIGHTY OMITT flush & PROTEIN BREAKER. My normal day consist of the following meals;

Breakfast & Supplements:
1 slice 40 cal bread & 1 tbsp fat = cinnamon toast (starch& fat)

Snack:
12 sm frozen strawberries + diet Big Red + ice = Strawberry Slushie
(fruit)

Lunch & Supplements:
6oz chicken breast + 1 cup okra + 1 garlic clove+ 3/4 cups tomatoes & 1 1 chive + seasoning = gumbo. ( purée it for bulk & compliment it with 2 Melba toast)
(Protein & Veggies)

3/4 cups frozen pineapple + vanilla pudding = ice cream
(Fruit & snack)

Dinner & Supplements:
Shake + 1 cup puréed spinach ( assorted s/f Torani flavoring)
(Protein & Veggies)

80 oz + h20
2 8oz cups roasted dandelion tea
I also was leary of the new 3 snack rule. After researching the latest plan upgrade it appears adding the third protein allows the body to burn more fat.

Im adding the third snack in hopes of ending my never ending plateau(s). My third snack will be a bar or QWLC soup with added puréed veggies.

ghardeway
05-16-2013, 06:33 PM
I omitted it - but I believe it's faux potatoes (LOL - i thougt the same thing when i reviewed it he first time) I am on QWLC plan 2 & it allows 1/2 of a medium potatoe as a starch 3xs a week but again I omitted it all together and it was filling & yummy.

I have a ton of recipes I copied that are close to QWLC give or take the EVOO which I subbed for Pam.
I would be happy to post them here or PM them to you if you like.

ghardeway
05-16-2013, 06:49 PM
I made this and oh man talk about great flavor!

Sweet and Sour Chicken Skewers – serves 2
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
(Braggs Amino)
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon sugar free pancake syrup
(Maple Grove Farm sugar free Maple Flavor)
1/2 teaspoon oil oil
juice of 1/2 lime- I omitted
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-2 teaspoon Siracha
red pepper flakes, to taste
1 teaspoon cilantro (I used parsley flakes)
12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts

In a small bowl, combine your ingredients, through the cilantro. Mix thoroughly.
Pour marinade over chicken breasts and turn to coat. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
Grill on medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear. I baked it on 350 for 30 minutes.

ghardeway
05-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Nam Sod (Thai Cabbage Rolls)

Another IP QWLC friendly dish adopted from member MrsD74 that I plan on making soon...

This recipe serves 2.

10 oz extra lean (99/1) ground turkey breast (this is about half a jennie-o package)
3 large scallions, sliced (green and white parts)
1/4 cup ginger, shredded/grated
3+ Tbs lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
Pam
1 tsp lite salt
8-10 cabbage leaves

Brown the turkey breast in pan sprayed with Pam, breaking into small bits. Add the garlic, ginger and scallions and saute until it is really fragrant. Then add the salt and lime juice, give a quick stir, and you're done! Serve this by putting the turkey mixture in the cabbage leaves and rolling up. Enjoy!

ghardeway
05-16-2013, 07:46 PM
The pudding can be used to make cookies- depending on what size cookies you want use a teaspoon or tablespoon to scoop the batter onto a cookie sheet ' bake @ 350 for 10-15 minutes. The baking time depends on your oven.

roho42
05-20-2013, 11:20 AM
oh wow...when i last did the program i was so boring. some of these recipes look like great ideas.

granted, i think the reason it worked for me was because of the simplicity of how i did it that didn't require a lot of prep. but some of the items would be great to break up the monotony...Gumbo! stuffed cabbage, pineapple ice cream! definitely going to have to implement some of these.

My typical day consisted of the following:

breakfast:
1 egg + some extra egg whites w/ some broccoli, lite salt, and a pat of lite butter (daily oil)

snack: 1/2 grapefruit (they told me to stick to citrus for best results, especially grapefruit as long as it doesn't interfere with any meds)

QuickBoost

Lunch:
Moe's or Chipotle or similar chicken salad (w/ no tortilla bowl) with just veggies and salsa as dressing (higher in sodium but i wasn't too strict on sodium because the water weight was eased back in). Also Chili's grilled chicken caesar w/ no croutons, salsa as dressing and sometimes with the parmesan (was told this was ok in moderation)
Crunch-o's starch replacement

snack 1/2 grapefruit

late afternoon right before leaving work: pudding
Quick Boost

dinner: some form of grilled chicken (usually) with some veggies
Crunch-O's or other starch replacement (rarely did i use the real starches because the starch replacements were more satisfying and killed the cravings)

evening dessert: pudding and/or other protein supplement (like the cake)

I might have missed some things but it was livable though boring. One of my favorite meats was chicken prepared Chipotle style (recipes on the net) with an ancho/onion marinate. i don't think this was legal because of the onions but it worked and maybe because the onions in the marinate are cooked off on the grill...

i also never restricted serving size on veggies.

sallycl
05-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Hi everyone, Am new to this forum , and looking forward to all the advice on here about quick weight loss center diet. I was on this diet about 30 years ago. Dropped lots of weight down to 130 lbs. I was over 200. Now back there again. I still have the plan, and my diet sheets. But don't remember when you eat the bars. Do the ones from Walmart really work with this plan. Started the 3 day prep phase today. thanks, Sally

roho42
05-20-2013, 12:39 PM
which ones from WalMart? do they sell QWLC products now?

joefla70
05-20-2013, 12:47 PM
which ones from WalMart? do they sell QWLC products now?

No. She might be referring to a past post that I (or someone else) wrote saying that I used Pure Protein brand bars that I buy from Walmart. If you compare the nutritional info on the two products, they compare very favorably IMO. I don't eat any bars anymore, but when I still did, I lost weight at a good rate using them.

sallycl
05-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Hi Guys, What is quick boost?

sallycl
05-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Where do the bars fit in relation to the diet. I don't remember when you eat them.

joefla70
05-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Where do the bars fit in relation to the diet. I don't remember when you eat them.

As a snack. But only one per day. I typically waited to have mine after dinner as if it was a dessert.

I think "Quick Boost" is a powder additive you put in water. Never had one.

roho42
05-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Hi Guys, What is quick boost?

Quickboost is a thermogenic supplement. from nashua nutrition website:

QUICK-BOOST is a scientifically formulated beverage that combines some of nature's most powerful flavonoid antioxidants with key vitamins and metabolic enhancers. Its energy-producing effects help fight fatigue, attack free radicals, and repair cells, as well as boost energy and performance, and support daily wellness and vitality. Just mix this great tasting supplement into 8-24 oz. of water and feel the boost!

It was a required supplement for the program when i was in the center. tasted pretty good but artificial sweetener...(splenda i think)

ghardeway
05-20-2013, 03:24 PM
I believe the bars are fillers that fight off hunger & help you consume additional protein in your daily diet. The additional protein is geared towards assisting the body to burn fat and build lean muscle mass. The (bars) are higher in calories & carbohydrates so your restricted to one a day.

ghardeway
05-20-2013, 03:28 PM
I suggest diversifying your snacks based on your hunger level. Meaning something like:

*smoothie - mid day
*soup -with lunch
*bar for desert

At least the regiment helped me. I also purée veggies and add them into the soups - it stretches the soup pack and helps fill me up.

ghardeway
05-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Please note that I added the non qwlc protein bars as a snack and have not stalled.

ghardeway
05-20-2013, 03:48 PM
I purchased the following Pure Protein protein bar like JoeFla70 suggested, ate last week, and have continued to drop weight:
Chocolate Peanut Butter
16 carb grams
1 gram dietary fiber
2 grams sugar
6 grams sugar alcohol
20 grams of protein

I added the power crunch bars in my diet today and will report back if I stall. Omgah power crunch bars are crunchy like a kit kat bar. The waffle texture & crunchiness is a welcomed variation to the market trending chewy protein bar. so far the taste is divine!!!

Hope this helps!

erinh52098
05-20-2013, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the recipes ghardeway! If you have more your willing to share please email them to me at erinh52098 at hotmail dot com

I am truckin' along. Haven't seen much of a loss and am starting to worry that my version of the plan isn't going to cut it. I am going to be patient and give it another week!

sallycl
05-21-2013, 10:59 AM
you guys are the greatest! thanks for all the replies. I have started the prep phrase yesterday already down a 1.2 pounds. Yeah! this is just the beginning. Glad I found you guys for all the help and support.

sallycl
05-21-2013, 12:00 PM

Hi, no you cannot have the fruit. all the salad veggies you want and beef and 2 eggs a day. Also 6 8oz glasses of water. Also must drink 1 8oz glass of skim milk or 2% each day in the am. I only drink almond milk, so that will have to do for me. Hope this helps. no peas.

joefla70
05-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Hi, no you cannot have the fruit. all the salad veggies you want and beef and 2 eggs a day. Also 6 8oz glasses of water. Also must drink 1 8oz glass of skim milk or 2% each day in the am. I only drink almond milk, so that will have to do for me. Hope this helps. no peas.

Did they change the prep phase recently? I was told that it was protein, raw greens, a small amount of fat (oil), and the orange (or maybe half). Personally, I never ate the orange. The water seems low too.

i will lose weight
05-21-2013, 03:06 PM

Did they change the prep phase recently? I was told that it was protein, raw greens, a small amount of fat (oil), and the orange (or maybe half). Personally, I never ate the orange. The water seems low too.

Wow so good too see all of these members on this thread! I joined the center and did the Prep Phase on 4/1/13 and it was not the same as sally has mentioned. 80oz water - just like on the regular plan, 1 orange - half am half pm, and no milk. But not sure which region you are in Sally as I see different regions have slightly different plans. Hope this helps and congrats on almost hitting your goal Joe!

i will lose weight
05-21-2013, 03:15 PM
The pudding can be used to make cookies- depending on what size cookies you want use a teaspoon or tablespoon to scoop the batter onto a cookie sheet ' bake @ 350 for 10-15 minutes. The baking time depends on your oven.

Thanks for all the recipes! I have been trying to spice up my meals as well. Seems like week 4 I really felt the chicken rut! I have made the cabbage rolls, except I used the QWLC Tomato Soup instead of the chicken stock and it was yummy.

Also I have been making a lot of turkey burgers. I find they stay real moist by adding chopped mushrooms and green onions to the mixture first. Along with lite salt, pepper, garlic and a dash of salt free tony's. Grilled is the best, but I make them on the stove mostly.

i will lose weight
05-21-2013, 03:20 PM
I feel really good about my 7 week progress. Yesterday they started me on the 7 day break plan and I really hope it helps my body drop weight quicker. My goal for June 1 is 255 so I really feel like I can make it. We are going on a family vacation in July and I am really curious what the counselors think I can loose by then...Game on!

ghardeway
05-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Hello! I am in the Houston area as well and my
three day prep menu was as follows:

Breakfast two eggs(boiled)

Snack- half a small orange

Lunch-unlimited RAW green salad veggies (spinach, zucchini, celery, cucumbers),unlimited protein-chicken, shrimp, fish(baked, broiled but not fried)
Snack- another half an orange

Dinner- same as lunch
1/2 tspMorton's light salt you

If you are still hungry you can eat more veggies or protein. Also you are allowed to use Italian dressing, NO balsamic, but it has to be under 32 calories a serving.

Minimum 80 ounces of water and additional beverages can be consumed
(sugar free, herbal tea, coffee)

This is it for three days! You can used no sodium mrs. Dash and Morton's light salt to season. No additional sodium or sugar based seasonings.

ghardeway
05-21-2013, 04:08 PM
I will lose weight~Way to go on your weight loss progress!! Seeing results are so motivational. I really want to use up the QWLC packs I have here at my house and plan on using QWLC tomatoe soup in my next cabbage roll batch. Thanks for the suggestion.

I weighed in today and was down half a pound •• bummer. This blog is a such a wonderful way for me to get some quickie inspiration & jazz up my motivation!

So glad to know that you guys like the recipes!

ghardeway
05-22-2013, 12:47 AM
Member nvrfatagn posted the following money saver tip on an old thread:

" I was told by my counselor that I can buy SF puddings add a scoop of whey powder and 2 c. milk and make 4 servings for the week. One serving is a suppliment."

ghardeway
05-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Good morning! My QWLC center has a Memorial Day holiday weekend special.. Drop 2 lbs over the weekend & get a free week of weight loss. Must weight in on Saturday May 25 & Tuesday May 28.
"Motivation"

roho42
05-22-2013, 10:39 AM

" I was told by my counselor that I can buy SF puddings add a scoop of whey powder and 2 c. milk and make 4 servings for the week. One serving is a suppliment."

oh wow! i'll have to look into that. thanks!

i find the prep phase to be the most difficult and easiest to fail out of because you aren't all that invested yet.

Has anyone tried the plan skipping the prep phase? If it's just to break the carb addiction and lose water weight to get you excited, then it's not that big of a deal for me...

erinh52098
05-22-2013, 02:48 PM

That sounds good and totally doable for me!

I WI today at home and was down 2lbs. I did really well yesterday and am feeling the motivation. I am logging my food on myfitnesspal along with the sister in law, so that helps too!

I am totally feeling good about all of this!

roho42
05-24-2013, 11:08 AM
ok, officially day 1 is starting today. just going to have to call ahead to in-laws about memorial day picnic and tell them to please not go out of their way to make something because I like it because I won't be eating it. that should eliminate the pressure of "I made it just for you" on day 3 of prep. i'll probably bring my own food as well.

was too tired to cook last night but woke up desperate to get started so i was late to work in order to cook some meat. made ground chicken breast patties and ground sirloin patties with mrs dash extra spicy, and a couple of thin cut top sirloin steaks seared and sprinkled with mrs dash. got a bag of approved raw veggies and a grapefruit...so i should be good for the day.

wish me luck :)

ghardeway
05-24-2013, 05:50 PM
ok, officially day 1 is starting today. just going to have to call ahead to in-laws about memorial day picnic and tell them to please not go out of their way to make something because I like it because I won't be eating it. that should eliminate the pressure of "I made it just for you" on day 3 of prep. i'll probably bring my own food as well.

was too tired to cook last night but woke up desperate to get started so i was late to work in order to cook some meat. made ground chicken breast patties and ground sirloin patties with mrs dash extra spicy, and a couple of thin cut top sirloin steaks seared and sprinkled with mrs dash. got a bag of approved raw veggies and a grapefruit...so i should be good for the day.

wish me luck :)
@roho42 - Good luck today! I did the three day prep over the Easter holiday weekend and didn't think to plan ahead like you have. Looking back if I had I would not have floundered so. I belive the prep was a much needed mental "reboot" for me. I am interested to know your feelings about the necessity of the prep once you finish it. Please share.

I weighed in today and I'm down one pound- three &1/2 total swoon! The weight continued to come off while noshing on power crunch bars! HEB is promoting power crunch bars 5for $5.00 this week. I stocked up.

Sometimes I split the bars into four to make it last if I eat them early on during the day. This week i started eatting bars @ breakfast. I grab a piece of the bar when I first wake up - to put something in my body and wake my metabolism up, weigh in, and then fill up on water & food.

I felt so confident I added a new bar to the menu today Chocolate Chip Cookie by Quest bar. I microwaved it for 20 seconds & yummy! Quest bars are all natural products with a TON of fiber & minimum carbs:sugar. CAUTION: Pricey. I bought it from GNC @ 2.69 a bar. They have a promo but 3 get 1 free..

I am getting ready to go to Happy Hour with my fiancé - I will do happy hour & stay on plan -"I'm in control" in my Janet Jackson voice. (smile) Guys have a safe & low carb high protein holiday weekend!!

I thought i'd spend all the money i saved eating non QWLC goods with a Mani/Pedi (LOL)

sallycl
05-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Wow so good too see all of these members on this thread! I joined the center and did the Prep Phase on 4/1/13 and it was not the same as sally has mentioned. 80oz water - just like on the regular plan, 1 orange - half am half pm, and no milk. But not sure which region you are in Sally as I see different regions have slightly different plans. Hope this helps and congrats on almost hitting your goal Joe!

Hi, I am on and old plan, from probably thirty years ago. Maybe someone could clue me in on the new plan. I would really appreciate it. My mail is sweet4sal at yahoo dot com. Thanks

sallycl
05-27-2013, 02:49 PM
I omitted it - but I believe it's faux potatoes (LOL - i thougt the same thing when i reviewed it he first time) I am on QWLC plan 2 & it allows 1/2 of a medium potatoe as a starch 3xs a week but again I omitted it all together and it was filling & yummy.

I have a ton of recipes I copied that are close to QWLC give or take the EVOO which I subbed for Pam.
I would be happy to post them here or PM them to you if you like.

I would love to have the recipes ghardway. You can email them to me at sweet4sal at yahoo dot com. Thanks

roho42
05-28-2013, 12:41 PM
@roho42 - Good luck today! I did the three day prep over the Easter holiday weekend and didn't think to plan ahead like you have. Looking back if I had I would not have floundered so. I belive the prep was a much needed mental "reboot" for me. I am interested to know your feelings about the necessity of the prep once you finish it. Please share.

well planning ahead didn't matter much because i had forgotten about a party friday night that we left for as soon as i got home and i was absolutely miserable and starving. i had no energy and was in a rotten mood. i felt like i was hypo glycemic even though my blood sugar was high considering i hadn't eaten any carbs of note. I suspect this was my body releasing glycogen stores. regardless i gave up because it was only day one and i was miserable to be around. day one needs to be in isolation.

i'm going into the program w/out the startup but with a water flush because i've eaten horribly while on the plan and recovered nicely with the flush. we'll see how this goes.

I weighed in today and I'm down one pound- three &1/2 total swoon! The weight continued to come off while noshing on power crunch bars! HEB is promoting power crunch bars 5for $5.00 this week. I stocked up.

I thought i'd spend all the money i saved eating non QWLC goods with a Mani/Pedi (LOL)

Cool! What is HEB?

BTW, I too would love the recipes. We should find a site to post them on. Maybe i'll start a free blog site or something to post them.

i will lose weight
05-28-2013, 12:46 PM
I hope everyone had a fun and healthy holiday weekend! I am feeling good after WI today. I am down 31lbs and in the 250s!! Yes I like to celebrate the little victories:)

I did the break week last week and now they have moved me down to Plan 3. To be honest I can't say I followed the break plan fully. I actually did not eat enough. I tried to eat all the protein, but veggies were maybe 1 serving a day. I also discovered the Quest bars last week and sometimes ate one as a meal and sometimes ate 2 a day. It was just more convenient. I seemed to be on the go go go last week. I did drink my water and get most of my supplements in. But honestly every week I miss pills here and there, especially the Release.

As for the Quest bars, I am switching to these because I think they have the healthiest ingredients available in a bar that compares to the QWLC bars. The fact that they use stevia and no soy are big selling points for me. My dr. did advise me to limit the amount of soy in my diet because of its affects on hormones. Yes these bars are pricey, but I am thinking since Quest is loaded with fiber, you may not need to take the additional fiber supplement. I think the only retail store they can purchased at is GNC, but they sell them individually so you can sample before you buy in bulk. Also I used this coupon there to save even more http://content.gnc.com/coupons/COUPON_MBRPrice_20798.pdf

i will lose weight
05-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Hang in there Roho! I have not done a water flush, but I did loose 9lbs on the prep and that was a huge motivator for me to stay with the plan in the beginning. Tips that worked for me...a rotisserie chicken from Sam's on day one, and NY strip steaks day 2 and 3. If I could have found some good fresh shrimp, I probably would have eaten boiled shrimp for a whole day:)

roho42
05-29-2013, 12:06 AM
roho42- I am glad the water flush empowered you to keep going forward.
HEB is a grcery store chain here in Texas (sorry).

The recipes I have are rough but I managed to work around them & adjust them to fit QWLC's protocol. I can send them to you, but again they will have to be adjusted somewhat. What is your email address? I am happy to share them.

rhollinger at bellsouth dot net

thanks!

ghardeway
05-29-2013, 12:06 AM
I hope everyone had a fun and healthy holiday weekend! I am feeling good after WI today. I am down 31lbs and in the 250s!! Yes I like to celebrate the little victories:)

I did the break week last week and now they have moved me down to Plan 3. To be honest I can't say I followed the break plan fully. I actually did not eat enough. I tried to eat all the protein, but veggies were maybe 1 serving a day. I also discovered the Quest bars last week and sometimes ate one as a meal and sometimes ate 2 a day. It was just more convenient. I seemed to be on the go go go last week. I did drink my water and get most of my supplements in. But honestly every week I miss pills here and there, especially the Release.

As for the Quest bars, I am switching to these because I think they have the healthiest ingredients available in a bar that compares to the QWLC bars. The fact that they use stevia and no soy are big selling points for me. My dr. did advise me to limit the amount of soy in my diet because of its affects on hormones. Yes these bars are pricey, but I am thinking since Quest is loaded with fiber, you may not need to take the additional fiber supplement. I think the only retail store they can purchased at is GNC, but they sell them individually so you can sample before you buy in bulk. Also I used this coupon there to save even more http://content.gnc.com/coupons/COUPON_MBRPrice_20798.pdf

I_will_lose_weight- congrats on your progress! I am so happy for you. I am also glad to know that there is another QuestBar fan here. I tried the cinnamon roll and didn't like it as much as the chocolate cookie dough. What other flavors do you recommend? Wow- You ate two bars occasionally and managed to still drop? I am suppose to start the 7-Day Break this week, great info.. I will eat two a day this week, smile. Thanks for the coupon-internet sleuth!!!but the link to the coupon doesn't work.. what kind of search did you do to pull it up? I really want one to. any advice is is appreciated. BTW-my SmartStyx arrived (thanks again) and your so right they are exactly the same down to the packaging! You rock!

roho42
05-29-2013, 12:07 AM
I_will_lose_weight- congrats on your progress! I am so happy for you. I am also glad to know that there is another QuestBar fan here. I tried the cinnamon roll and didn't like it as much as the chocolate cookie dough. What other flavors do you recommend? Wow- You ate two bars occasionally and managed to still drop? I am suppose to start the 7-Day Break this week, so i this is great info.. I will eat two a day this week, smile.
I recieved my SmartStyx (thanks again) and your so right they are exactly the same down to the packaging! You rock!

I've heard several people mention the 7 day break. is this a new part of the plan? i'm not familiar with it...or maybe it's a regional thing?

ghardeway
05-29-2013, 12:40 AM
Found this recipe published in a thread on ObesityHelp dot com titled "Wanna Be Quest Bar" for simple EZ homemade copycat Quest Bars that don't need to be refrigerated if baked. Fiber 500 is sold on netrition.

#1- Vanilla Almond Bar (makes 2 bars)

2 Tablespoons Trader Joe's raw almond Butter ( I put salt in mine)
2 Tablespoons Torani almond sugar free syrup ( or SF syrup flavor of choice)
1 scoop Nectar sweets Vanilla Bean Torte protein powder ( or Optimum Nutrition unflavored any whey)
1/4 cup Golden flax meal (made with Bob's Red Mill) OR 1/4 cup oat fiber 500- this would reduce the fat and carb stats and add a bit more fiber. OR a combo of both flax and oat fiber500.

Put the two TB almond butter in a cereal bowl. Add one Tablespoon of the almond syrup and stir. Sprinkle in the one scoop of protein powder and stir, add the second Tablespoon of almond syrup, stir. Finally add the golden flax meal and stir. It should be very stiff and hold it's shape.

Sprinkle a little ground flax on the cutting board and flatten the cookie dough down to desired thickness. Using a biscuit cutter make two cookies. Or make a bar- up to you. Wrap in plastic and freeze for 1 hour.

stats per bar using the stuff I used tonight :

205 calories per cookie
19 gram protein per cookie
13 grams fat per cookie
1 gram sugar per cookie
5.25 grams fiber per cookie
7 total carbs
1.75 net carbs

Recipe # 2- Better N Peanut Butter bars (makes two bars)

2 Tablespoons Better N Peanut Butter
1/4 cup golden flax meal (Bob's Red Mill seeds) OR 1/4 cup Oat Fiber 500
1 scoop Nectar sweets Vanilla Bean Torte protein powder
2 Tablespoons Da Vinci sugar free Peanut Butter syrup

Add the two TB Better N Peanut Butter to a small bowl. Add one TB of the peanut butter syrup and stir, it will be a bit sticky. Add the protein powder a little at a time and stire then add the other TB of PB syrup and stir some more. Finally add the 1/4 golden flax meal and stir it up.

Sprinkle a little flax on counter and plop the dough out. Use a biscuit cutter to make two cookies or a bar mold. Wrap in plastic and freeze for 1 to 2 hours. Then just keep in the refrigerator.

stats per Peanut butter bar:

160 calories per bar
17 grams protein

5.5 grams fat
1 gram sugar
4.75 grams fiber
total carbs per bar 10.5
net carbs per bar 5.75

I pressed in .5 TB of nut topping per cookie to these from "First Street" I didn't factor that in though it's just an extra crunchy bit if you can spare a few extra fat calories for the day.

Edited to add that after freezing an hour I baked the vanilla almond cookies in the regular oven at low temp on highest rack for up to 10minutes. Nice and chewy with some crunch and good to grab and go. Or just eat cookie dough unbaked.

roho42
05-29-2013, 10:54 AM
No if i understood the counselors & paperwork the 7 day break is part of the program - every 7-9 weeks to reset the metabolism.

interesting because i was on the program for about 6 months the last time and never officially did a 7 day break. do you have the details? is it "eat what you want" for 7 days or just less strict?

I think I was doing something similar because about every week or two I would have a "cheat" day which seemed to keep me from plateauing but it wasn't part of the program

sallycl
05-29-2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks, Ghardeway for all the great recipes. I am going to pick up the quest bars today. I NEED the fiber. Like I said I am on the old qwlc plan from years ago, but I am trying to step it up. I seems I have lost lots of inches. but not the pounds. Anyone else have this happening. So upsetting! Its great to look better,but need the scale to go down. I am thinking about going on ip diet. Looking it over.

sallycl
05-29-2013, 11:34 AM
roho42- I am glad the water flush empowered you to keep going forward.
HEB is a grcery store chain here in Texas (sorry).

The recipes I have are rough but I managed to work around them & adjust them to fit QWLC's protocol. I can send them to you, but again they will have to be adjusted somewhat. What is your email address? I am happy to share them.

congrats on your weight loss!

roho42
05-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks, Ghardeway for all the great recipes. I am going to pick up the quest bars today. I NEED the fiber. Like I said I am on the old qwlc plan from years ago, but I am trying to step it up. I seems I have lost lots of inches. but not the pounds. Anyone else have this happening. So upsetting! Its great to look better,but need the scale to go down. I am thinking about going on ip diet. Looking it over.

congrats on losing inches. are you also exercising? if you are gaining muscle mass then who cares if you aren't losing on the scale yet. all that matter is that the fat is going down and the muscle is increasing. do not be a slave to the scale in that scenario.

if you are not exercising, are you weighing at the same time everyday at the same level of hydration? makes a big difference. i always did my weekly weigh-in on saturday morning before i even drank anything.

i will lose weight
05-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the coupon-internet sleuth!!!but the link to the coupon doesn't work.. what kind of search did you do to pull it up? I really want one to. any advice is is appreciated. BTW-my SmartStyx arrived (thanks again) and your so right they are exactly the same down to the packaging! You rock!

thanks! but don't hold me to the 2 a day Quest bars will always work:) I have tried the coconut cashew, peanut butter brownie(?), PB&J, Banana Nut muffin and Berry something or other. I liked them all except the PB&J and the Banana one was just OK it didn't taste fake banana just strong I guess. I sort of got overwhelmed and just starting grabbing one of each to try. Now that I am home and really reading the labels, I will rebuy those that are under 200 calories. The ones with 8g of fat or more may be too much. And thanks for the microwave trick, it totally changed the consistency for the better! As for the coupon, go to slickdeals.net and search for gnc. I got it from a thread there and they have one for each month of this year so I have saved them in advance:) Good luck on the break next week.

i will lose weight
05-29-2013, 05:06 PM
interesting because i was on the program for about 6 months the last time and never officially did a 7 day break. do you have the details? is it "eat what you want" for 7 days or just less strict?

I think I was doing something similar because about every week or two I would have a "cheat" day which seemed to keep me from plateauing but it wasn't part of the program

The 7 day break is a special 7 day diet plan that basically removes all starches for 7 days exceot for the 3 quick snacks/day. The first 5 days was 2 Eggs, 7oz protein 2x/day, 1/2 grapefruit 3x/day, and veggies. Then day 6 and 7 are the same as the prep. I too was hopeful that the break meant a real break:)

They had me do this on the 8th week, but they were talking about putting me on it during week 6. From what i have read on here they will probably put me on it every 6-8 weeks to boost weightloss. They don't expect you to loose weight on it and it does not count as a paid week.

i will lose weight
05-29-2013, 06:31 PM
You are right that most of the quick snacks are loaded with soy/vegetable protein, but the Twist Smoothies are whey protein isolate. I picked up a single serve packet of Jay Robb Tropical dreamsicle mix at HEB. Have not tried it yet,but nutritionally it is close to the center's smoothie, but this one uses stevia and also has 5g more of protein. There was another diet supply site that offered sample packs of certain mixes and I think that is the way to go. I definitely want to try something before buying the bulk size. I will probably place that order tonight so I will post the site on here later if others are interested.

Oh and FYI, most of the sites like dietdirectdotcom are selling the identical product as QWLC they are just rebranded for another program. So there is no worries about eating off program:)

Hope that helps!

So...in my effort to try do this diet cheaper, I ordered several samples of different protein powders to find one I would like to substitute for the Twist Smoothies. Well having never used protein powders before, let me tell you there is a big difference in flavor. I think I will just have to shell out the big bucks for the twist smoothies :( The mixes I have been trying have very very little flavor.

ghardeway
05-29-2013, 09:26 PM
So...in my effort to try do this diet cheaper, I ordered several samples of different protein powders to find one I would like to substitute for the Twist Smoothies. Well having never used protein powders before, let me tell you there is a big difference in flavor. I think I will just have to shell out the big bucks for the twist smoothies :( The mixes I have been trying have very very little flavor.

Have you sampled Syntrax Nectar? 23 grans protein, 100 calories, 0 from fat& aspartame free,zero carbs, zero fat, whey isolate. I ordered a sample from MyBariatricPantry dot com.i have heard thery are very tasty & have exotic flavors.

sallycl
05-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Your very welcome. i hope they help.Inches galore- but the scale is slowly moving. I sent you a very informative document on the IP protocol.

Yes I got it. Very informative. I think I will try it on my own for a while to see how i do.

ljwc
05-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Down 41 lbs (with a goal of 69) and it's been a struggle. Losing at about half the projected rate - so no magic. Just sticking with it. My "contract" will expire before I lose it all, which translates to buying extra weeks with the center if I want to take advantage of their maintenance offer. I can't afford that, but since it's been working so far will just keep plugging along on my own for the remaining 28. I HAVE enjoyed the accountability factor. Not surprised that I'm not hitting the 3 lbs weekly advertised - didn't really expect that. Know enough about nutrition to know there is no magic cure.

I'm not complaining - just being realistic.:dizzy:

BUT, this whole process has brought my blood pressure down and I already look much better. Still miss my wine. Know that there are people out there who get into something akin to an anorexic mindset when they're dieting - don't see that in my future. 4 dry months has been good for one of my best friends - my liver!

If we really believed in magic diets, this would be so much easier. However, most of us know how we got fat and always knew what to do!

I like QWC's plan because it is easy to follow, uses real food, no point counting or any of that business. Supplemental bars and beverages, while a part of the program, can be found online if not in stores, so that really isn't an issue.

Anyway, got to get a second wind here and finish that 28. Not getting my new swimsuit til then and it's time!:carrot:

ljwc
05-30-2013, 12:04 PM

I go through tired phases - and I don't have children to wrangle! The boost drinks are supposed to help with that. I suspect that you're already "boosting". Maybe you should try reversing your meal order - doing your largest meal in the morning for extra energy and your smallest "breakfast" meal at dinnertime? That might give you more energy to face the day. Just a thought.

ljwc
05-30-2013, 12:25 PM

Okay, is the 7-day break the same as the 3-day break? I think a couple of people have been curious about what each day consists of - and sure would be nice to know. Thanks. BTW - my center hasn't mentioned a 7 day plan to me OR cheat days!

Can you give specifics or confirm if it is something like this: breakfast - 2 eggs; lunch 8 oz. chicken w/ 2-3 cups lettuce; dinner - 5 1/2 oz beef w/ lettuce and 1/2 cucumber. 1 orange (1/2 morning, 1/2 afternoon) 64 or more oz water. 2 supplements (1 bar; 1 beverage) 6 oz. skim milk. Can use fat-free salad dressing sparingly (<32 calories) 1 T lite butter

roho42
05-30-2013, 11:12 PM
Okay, is the 7-day break the same as the 3-day break? I think a couple of people have been curious about what each day consists of - and sure would be nice to know. Thanks. BTW - my center hasn't mentioned a 7 day plan to me OR cheat days!

I should say you wouldn't have been told about cheat days because they aren't on the plan. I just found that about once every 2 weeks i would have a bad day, would gain a pound or two, do the water flush and still lose 3-5 pounds a week. i think what i called a cheat day simply helped me deal with built up cravings and probably stopped any plateaus

as for the specifics of the 7 day break, that was not part of the program in south florida...

erinh52098
05-31-2013, 09:24 PM
I bought some EAS CarbAdvantage today & some bars to try out. I like the Zone bars, but they are a bit disproportionate in cal/fat/carbs/protein.

I have been mostly following the plan & exercising, consistently for the past 2 weeks and am losing, slowly but surely. Each mess up I have I eat really clean (1 protein & vegetables/fruit) for the next 3 meals. I need the structure and the QWLC plan does that for me.

Today they served chocolate sundaes at work and I ate one; sure enough my stomach hurt after eating that. I am noticing changes in food preferences and tolerances.

i will lose weight
06-03-2013, 11:47 PM
:( I was bad Sunday and ate pizza and a cupcake. I wasn't out of control, just was a crazy day and made bad choices I think because I knew I wan't going to show a loss due to my cycle. Needles to say I was up today at WI today. Put me on the water flush. Hope to be back down soon.

roho42
06-04-2013, 09:13 AM
:( I was bad Sunday and ate pizza and a cupcake. I wasn't out of control, just was a crazy day and made bad choices I think because I knew I wan't going to show a loss due to my cycle. Needles to say I was up today at WI today. Put me on the water flush. Hope to be back down soon.

No worries...it happens to all of us. I've had a bad day the last 3 years now...still trying to get started again. I think actually leveraging the center was crucial last time because the face to face accountability kept me motivated in the beginning and then the weightloss kept me motivated after that.

i will lose weight
06-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Roho! I lost what I gained and down some too! Last day of the Omit/Water Flush today. Really very doable. I am 1lb away from my mini goal that I made for the past Monday (hopefully will hit it on Friday) and I have set a new mini goal for July 8th of 45lb total loss. I have had a sick kid at home for the past 3 weeks and now I have tonsillitis. Both kids' birthday parties were this past weekend so I should not have too much extra temptation. Hopefully now that school is over, everyone will stay healthy and I can focus on taking care of me too and take time to prepare for the diet. Hope everyone has a successful rest of the week!

i will lose weight
06-05-2013, 05:49 PM
just wanted to see if I did the tracker right

ljwc
06-05-2013, 06:19 PM
just wanted to see if I did the tracker right
I haven't figured out to do the tracker yet so kudos to you - and kudos for that 32!

ljwc
06-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Okay, as of this morning (on my scale, which isn't "official" but usually accurate) down to 175. So, I'm cautiously pleased. Yesterday was rainy and I was hungry all day long!!! Inside activities - even the ones that needed doing and would have been easy enough to do- just didn't spark. Made it through the day without being bad - tough one for me.

i will lose weight
06-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Okay, as of this morning (on my scale, which isn't "official" but usually accurate) down to 175. So, I'm cautiously pleased. Yesterday was rainy and I was hungry all day long!!! Inside activities - even the ones that needed doing and would have been easy enough to do- just didn't spark. Made it through the day without being bad - tough one for me.

Awesome job...way to stick with it!

roho42
06-12-2013, 12:06 AM
I'm beginning to think that there is some "magic" diet out there that QWLC and several others are based on. there are so many similarities between IP and QWLC and some of the other similar variants I've heard of (including something that my company staff health lady is preaching) and they all seem to work based on similar principles. The primary difference seems to be the products that they sell to "enhance" the diet.

a bunch of people at work are doing this plan that the staff lady gave them that when I compare the food list and the frequency, it is very similar but NO supplements or products, all food. and my friend has lost about 40 pounds in 9 weeks and he hasn't even been 100%. and others are seeing similar results.

I can't imagine that a protein supplement containing good protein and garbage is going to be better than a real food quality protein. perhaps the carb blockers and gold plus and quickboost can help as well.

the basics of the plan are 5 meals a day, first 3 are protein, carb, veggies. last 2 are protein, fat, veggies. plus 10k steps per day (walking, not running or anything). i know QWLC doesn't push the exercise but they also say it helps (though they don't push strength training because it affects the scale)

of course the foods listed above have to be all approved foods and the list is eerily similar at least for the protein and carbs (they do allow beans). The veggies are pretty much unlimited (but i don't think corn or peas but even if not I would avoid those)

I wish I would have known that this was the plan she was pushing because the group that is doing it stands to win $1000 but I didn't sign up because I thought she would require the funky circuit exercise in the lobby 3 times a week that she hosts and other funky stuff that i won't feel comfortable doing let alone have time for.

I'd really be interested in finding out if there is a plan or science that is the base of all of these programs and read up on it. Regardless, I'm thinking that a merge of QWLC and my work plan may be in order. I have too many starch replacements and puddings left that i can use for emergency meals and the rest i can focus on the real foods which is really what i was looking for (e.g. replacing the supplements with products that don't have crap in them). and i can use the quickboost and other stuff too and see how it goes.

ljwc
06-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Trying hard here - ordered a swimsuit - didn't have the courage yet to visit stores and face those mirrors!

Next question here for this group. Skin tone.

To set the stage - I'm losing at a slower rate than QWLC "sells" but that's not really a bad thing although I'll run out of time before my contract ends.

Skin elasticity at my age (62 bleh.......) isn't great at best. But I've never had cellulite or any sagging skin issues in my whole life. Now there seems to be a general skin too big thing going on. I've been reading and am making sure that I use skin care lotions and such more generously than ever before. Some of the reading indicates that this is to be expected - and (along with following through with a regular fitness routine for arms, ...) should expect to see some improvement with time for the skin too big thing. Basically giving that elastic covering we call skin opportunity to adapt.

Has anyone else gone through this and how much time did you wait before being concerned? I read 2 years in one place!

Of course, I can disguise arms and legs more easily than a protruding belly and nothing is in the range that would tilt me toward a surgical option!

ljwc
06-13-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm beginning to think that there is some "magic" diet out there that QWLC and several others are based on. there are so many similarities between IP and QWLC and some of the other similar variants I've heard of (including something that my company staff health lady is preaching) and they all seem to work based on similar principles. The primary difference seems to be the products that they sell to "enhance" the diet.

a bunch of people at work are doing this plan that the staff lady gave them that when I compare the food list and the frequency, it is very similar but NO supplements or products, all food. and my friend has lost about 40 pounds in 9 weeks and he hasn't even been 100%. and others are seeing similar results.

I can't imagine that a protein supplement containing good protein and garbage is going to be better than a real food quality protein. perhaps the carb blockers and gold plus and quickboost can help as well.

the basics of the plan are 5 meals a day, first 3 are protein, carb, veggies. last 2 are protein, fat, veggies. plus 10k steps per day (walking, not running or anything). i know QWLC doesn't push the exercise but they also say it helps (though they don't push strength training because it affects the scale)

of course the foods listed above have to be all approved foods and the list is eerily similar at least for the protein and carbs (they do allow beans). The veggies are pretty much unlimited (but i don't think corn or peas but even if not I would avoid those)

I wish I would have known that this was the plan she was pushing because the group that is doing it stands to win $1000 but I didn't sign up because I thought she would require the funky circuit exercise in the lobby 3 times a week that she hosts and other funky stuff that i won't feel comfortable doing let alone have time for.

I'd really be interested in finding out if there is a plan or science that is the base of all of these programs and read up on it. Regardless, I'm thinking that a merge of QWLC and my work plan may be in order. I have too many starch replacements and puddings left that i can use for emergency meals and the rest i can focus on the real foods which is really what i was looking for (e.g. replacing the supplements with products that don't have crap in them). and i can use the quickboost and other stuff too and see how it goes.
Do you have any idea of how many calories your friends are taking in on this program?

How much overweight was your friend who quickly lost 40 lbs? If he/she was a great deal over that might have had some bearing.

roho42
06-13-2013, 02:48 PM
he actually was a little less than I was when I did QWLC the first time and saw about the same weight loss over similar period. He was actually a little faster but I think the 10k steps per day might have helped with that.

I spoke to the person who created the program and she claims that she wrote it herself but she wasn't too forthcoming with any info.

I guess my thinking on this is that while I definitely believe in the QWLC plan, it is probably quite likely that the *required* protein supplements may be 100% about generating ongoing revenue and not really required to be successful. Since others here in this thread are seeing success using other protein supplements that would seem to support that theory.

that said, i kind of like the protein supplement as a treat and a break from meat based protein in 2 "meals" per day so i'll probably stick to the official plan but use the work plan as a guideline for areas that i may not have to be 100% on (like maybe a slice of ezekiel bread would be ok for the starch instead of 2 melba toasts or slice of diet bread...ezekiel bread wasn't approved for us at the time anyway but it has a much lower glycemic load than even the diet bread i suspect and is more filling). i was heavily dependent on starch replacements because the approved starches were rather lame and unappealing.

all that said i have had a lot of failures over the past couple of weeks trying to get back onto any plan as life keeps interrupting with too high of a frequency. I was rather successful when i last did the program (even losing weight on a driving vacation). i recall that it takes a couple of weeks to get into the right mindset to be able to properly handle life events (probably after you've seen some weight loss, you don't want to backtrack) plus the occasional careful splurge seems to help not hitting a plateau.

so now heading into father's day weekend and son's birthday party i guess i just make reasonable choices and try again on monday.

roho42
06-19-2013, 03:14 PM
ok, started on the plan on monday (skipping the 3 day prep phase because it just wasn't agreeing with my system, instead opting for the water flush).

lost 5 pounds on day one. (wasn't particularly careful on sodium but obviously lower)

lost 4 pounds on day two but was having some gastro issues that probably had me a little dehydrated and i didn't do well after 5pm (e.g. i didn't have my 2 protein supplements and dinner was not an approved protein though it wasn't horrible, nor did i have all of my water allotment for the day

because of said issues, wasn't feeling 100% this morning so running late i grabbed a bad breakfast. (still took my Gold and carb blocker). i will just have to consider that my fat and carb allotment for the day and focus on good protein and veggies the rest of the day.

Don't know if the gastro issues were related to any of the supplements or food choices but i guess if that level of weightloss were maintained i would put up with some gastro issues long term...

roho42
06-19-2013, 04:01 PM
ok, so was just discussing the QWLC claim that caramel color inhibits weight loss. did some searching and while there are lots of potential health issues with caramel color and with diet soft drinks in general, i don't see any reference to weight loss outside of the context of QWLC. So then I start thinking...that Dulce de Leche pudding that they sell certainly has a caramel color to it....sure enough, looking at the ingredients...CARAMEL COLOR.

has anyone seen any real correlation with this or gotten a good explanation as to why no caramel color in soft drinks especially since they have it in their supplements?

KarrieBug
06-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Hi everyone! I'm brand new here. There's lots of interesting information on this thread and the previous thread. I've loved reading about the success several have had following the QWLC program, both in the center and on their own. I have been going back and forth in my head about joining the center since I went to one of their initial consultations last year, but I'm so skeptical of their high pressure sales tactics, and the price... oh my! I'm not convinced their supplements are necessary either, and it's really nice to see people have had much success without them.
I've been searching looking for an acceptable foods list with allowed amounts, and recipes. If anyone has either and would be willing to share, I would greatly appreciate it. My email address is karriebug71 at gmail dot com.

I have been working out regularly, and I know my diet is where I need to clean up my act. I can't out-train a bad diet. :/ I guess realizing that is my first step. I just need to formulate my plan and get to work!!

joefla70
06-20-2013, 01:32 PM

I don't think there is any "magic" to it. Quite the opposite. I think plans like QWLC (which is the same / similar to many other plans) just take the guess work out of a lot of steps in dieting that will help you lose weight. You don't have to worry about counting calories, because the plan already does that for you by (1) limiting your servings of certain foods and (2) limiting the weight of those portions. Also, if you are following the plan you are not going to be eating junk food or (bad) fast food.

I lost the first ... I'd say 60... pounds of my weight following the QWLC plan. I have friends who had success on it and I asked them for a copy of the plan, which they gave me. At first I used alternative supplements such as protein bars and shakes for snacks. (I never used any other supplements, such as hoodia, carb blockers, quickboost, etc.) I try to remember to take vitamins, but I usually forget!

But then I decided to go on my own path. I started doing a diet that cut down more on grains and starches. I now get almost all my carbs from veggies. I hardly ever eat any wheat, and if I do, its a whole grain, low carb product. I do not eat any pasta, rice or potatoes. I do not eat any proteins bars anymore. However, out of convenience, I do still drink one protein shake a day for breakfast. Everything else I consume is food I buy in the store or at a restaurant.

So, the bottom line is that there is no "magic" to it. There is no "magical" plan that is one size fits all. There are several different ways of losing weight through change in diet. QWLC's plan is one (and you are right in that it is similar to many others). But the key is finding what works for YOU. Some people do well with Weight Watchers, but that would never work for me because I'm too lazy to count the points! But I found what works for me. So to me, that is the "magic" plan.

KarrieBug
06-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Joe, is your protein shake whey or casein?

joefla70
06-20-2013, 01:56 PM
I am too lazy to mix them up myself, so I buy the pre-made shakes. I mostly drink the Atkins shakes because I really like the Cafe Mocha flavor. But I also sometimes drink the Pure Protein brand (which I believe is whey). I'm not sure about the Atkins brand.

KarrieBug
06-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks Joe. I've been using the Beverly International protein powder and mixing them in one of those small magic bullet type blenders with ice. Every now and then I throw in some cold coffee before I blend it. OMG, it's so good.
I've noticed I stay satisfied much longer with a casein protein powder.

joefla70
06-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Thanks Joe. I've been using the Beverly International protein powder and mixing them in one of those small magic bullet type blenders with ice. Every now and then I throw in some cold coffee before I blend it. OMG, it's so good.
I've noticed I stay satisfied much longer with a casein protein powder.

I didn't even know what cassien protein was until you posted about it! I had to look it up! I guess that happens when you buy pre-made products and don't pay close attention to what is in it!

I started off trying to use the powder. I bought the Pure Protein chocolate whey powder. I even tried mixing in coffee to add flavor. I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I never managed to make it taste good. I liked the pre-made Pure Protein shakes --- and REALLY liked the pre-made Atkins Cafe Mocha shakes. So, I just decided to take the easy route and buy those.

lynnmarie0123
07-04-2013, 01:39 PM
hi all!!
my first post here!!!
i just started this diet 3 days ago and I am already down 5 pounds. WOW. how happy I was to see that ... anyways.....
Started doing a bit of resarch on this diet today and it seems much like the Dukan Diet. I'm a bit concerned however of the process of ketosis, in which your body starts using your body fat for fuel instead of carbs. I've read both good and bad.
Seems like QWLC diet is using this approach.
I am down 4 pounds in 3 days just from eliminating all sugar, fruit exc cantaloupe, and all carbs, ( I cheat and have a plain yukky rice cake once in a while) ....and this seems excessive to me.
:?:? I still feel hungry too during the day, even soon after eating all that rotisserie chicken with skin. They told me I could eat that all day long. I also eat 2 eggs per day loaded with Olive oil. I hate raw veggies except for cucumber & cauliflower and I was told the raw veggies had to be green...SO... i'm not eating many raw green veggies. Mostly protein at this point.
KETOSIS: good or bad??
thank you !!!
Lynnmarie

kar70
07-09-2013, 12:35 PM
I just joined QWLC yesterday, starting my 3 day prep today. I was in sticker shock yesterday and am having buyers remorse today. I am excited and ready to loose the weight though. Weird emotions. I was wondering if anyone who has actually lost the weight has kept it off. I sure hope so. I know I am going to get the sales pressure when I go in on Thurs for my "class". So I want to be prepared. I know I will only get their "guarantee" if I follow the plan to the "t", which I assume will probably not happen.... with that said, I don't want to (and cannot) spend a fortune on their products every month (or week for that matter). I really just went in for a jump start to get me motivated. But with the money I spent to start, I want to benefit from it. What have you found is the best products to buy to help you to be successful, but yet spend the least? If anyone can help me with this, before I get the sales pitch on Thurs, that would be great. I am trying to do my research. Thanks in advanced for any words of wisdom.

raquelr82
07-10-2013, 10:48 PM
HI all first time posting here I did this diet a while back but lost my copy would n e one plz send me one or give the jest of it I would really appreciate it..

tinnymc222
07-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Hey all-took a hiatus from posting thanks to my browser thinking this was a junk site - oye! Been a slow couple of months as I've not been 100% on plan, but still down since my last post - 54 lbs down, only 8 to go to my 1/2 way point - squee!!! Going on vacation in 2 weeks but I will be relatively active so hoping I'll be able to keep things moving south!

SO good to see the positive results everyone has been posting - congrats to you all! Also good to see so many new members!

Keep on keepin' on everyone!

Meezerpad
07-15-2013, 02:35 AM
Hello all. I used qwlc a few years back with good success. Lost about 55lbs then got really super sick and lost my ways. I'm wanting to start back on the meal plan and have kept a copy of one food plan but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to email me an updated one since its been sine 2008 for me. Also specifically the vegetarian food plan would be awesome.

I feel like a mooch for asking but hey, I did pay that massive amount of $$$ and was too sick to go in for weigh ins and such for a year after And now they won't let me start over. Email is meezerpad at gmail dot com.

I have enjoyed reading this site and plan to get involved. iWork nights as a nurse in the ER someday time weigh ins are kind of tough for me anyways!

Nice to meet y'all !!!

oh1963
07-16-2013, 10:37 AM
been back on qwlc plan. started again and determined. lost 3lbs. what is the water flush everyone is talking about

oh1963
07-16-2013, 10:44 AM
what protein supplements are you all using I use one similar to pure protein from sams but idk about the carbs. I thought I compared them. are there suppose to be so many carbs a day right? im not sure what those are suppose to be

raquelr82
07-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Just finished day one of the diet didn't do the prep since I did it like a month ago. Trying to remember off the top of my head the plan so far so good down 3lbs this morning. One thing I did remember that I use to like for bf since don't eat much of it was the light bread toasted with sliced strawberries on top and a dash of cinnamon not bad for 70 cals.. Best of luck to all..

oh1963
07-19-2013, 11:02 AM
what is the water flush i'm reading?

raquelr82
07-19-2013, 05:00 PM
its basically you are flushing all the fluids out that you maybe retaining from so much sodium from regular foods from before the 3 day prep you'll feel ur rings loser and less swelling if you were retaining water before. That's also y they tell u to take the water release pills since u have to drink 80+ oz daily. Hope I helped lol...

i will lose weight
07-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Hi all. Have not posted in a while and felt like I needed to touch base for some support and feedback. I hit my prevacation goal and I did gain 1lb while on vacation for 8 days, which I think is great. And over the weekend I lost that pound plus another one.

But the real reason for posting is I had/have gallstones and had to go to the ER the night I got back from vacation. Totally freaked me out with incredible pain. Never had this before. Wondering if anyone else has this problem, especially since rapid weight loss is a trigger. I am not blaming this diet, but curious if this has happened to anyone else?

i will lose weight
07-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Hey all-took a hiatus from posting thanks to my browser thinking this was a junk site - oye! Been a slow couple of months as I've not been 100% on plan, but still down since my last post - 54 lbs down, only 8 to go to my 1/2 way point - squee!!! Going on vacation in 2 weeks but I will be relatively active so hoping I'll be able to keep things moving south!

SO good to see the positive results everyone has been posting - congrats to you all! Also good to see so many new members!

Keep on keepin' on everyone!

Congrats on your weight loss and I had that issue to with my browser blocking the site:)

i will lose weight
07-22-2013, 10:52 PM
what is the water flush i'm reading?

Its used as a plateau breaker or to flush if you cheated. Its 3 days of increased water intake and 2 of those days removing 1 fruit and 1 starch.

ljwc
07-24-2013, 11:55 AM
been back on qwlc plan. started again and determined. lost 3lbs. what is the water flush everyone is talking about

May not be the right answer - but my counselors had me increase my water intake by 16 oz - 2 cups - to help flush out salt, ..., for a couple of days. Others may do more - but this was my guidance. And when I had a plateau breaker (which is a bit higher in protein without starches) the water was also increased.

ljwc
07-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Just finished day one of the diet didn't do the prep since I did it like a month ago. Trying to remember off the top of my head the plan so far so good down 3lbs this morning. One thing I did remember that I use to like for bf since don't eat much of it was the light bread toasted with sliced strawberries on top and a dash of cinnamon not bad for 70 cals.. Best of luck to all..
If you did the prep that long before actually starting the diet you probably need to prep again. The prep clears out your system (not the right description but you get the idea) so that your metabolism is geared properly. Of course, there are no miracle diets. I think that this one works as well as it does because of consistency!

ljwc
07-24-2013, 12:14 PM
hi all!!
my first post here!!!
i just started this diet 3 days ago and I am already down 5 pounds. WOW. how happy I was to see that ... anyways.....
Started doing a bit of resarch on this diet today and it seems much like the Dukan Diet. I'm a bit concerned however of the process of ketosis, in which your body starts using your body fat for fuel instead of carbs. I've read both good and bad.
Seems like QWLC diet is using this approach.
I am down 4 pounds in 3 days just from eliminating all sugar, fruit exc cantaloupe, and all carbs, ( I cheat and have a plain yukky rice cake once in a while) ....and this seems excessive to me.
:?:? I still feel hungry too during the day, even soon after eating all that rotisserie chicken with skin. They told me I could eat that all day long. I also eat 2 eggs per day loaded with Olive oil. I hate raw veggies except for cucumber & cauliflower and I was told the raw veggies had to be green...SO... i'm not eating many raw green veggies. Mostly protein at this point.
KETOSIS: good or bad??
thank you !!!
Lynnmarie
Although the QWLC diet is a little restrictive and protein heavy, it does include foods from all the food groups, which in my mind makes it more balanced than programs with ketosis as a posted goal. And as I go forward I also see (when I get there) moving toward a maintenance nutritional plan as simpler. Yes, the protein bars/supplements are part of their plan. But there are sources all over the place if you don't want to buy them there - and I'm sure there are some good alternates (greek yogurt for instance) to eventually use instead of bars/drinks.

I don't use the various supplement pills - for the main reason that I just hate to take pills. Although my weight loss hasn't been in the "miracle" range, I'm still please to have lost 52 lbs at a fairly steady pace - with plateaus here and there. Blood pressure down to normal! Not all the way to goal yet but so much better!

raquelr82
07-26-2013, 07:31 PM
If you did the prep that long before actually starting the diet you probably need to prep again. The prep clears out your system (not the right description but you get the idea) so that your metabolism is geared properly. Of course, there are no miracle diets. I think that this one works as well as it does because of consistency!

I didn't re due the 3 day prep since it hadn't even been a month since I had retried to start up again. Last yr when I dod the doet it was so easy lost 45lbs in 3m but since then had 5 deaths in the family and so much stress gained almost everything back. I am so determined to lose the weight and keep it off this time just trying to remember things off the top of my head. I lost the guide I had I have been doing it at home never went to the center was way to much for me. But thanks for all ur post they really help out.. But of luck on ur journey..

Ginger1972
07-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Hey,

I worked at QWLC in Atlanta and did the diet years ago and lost 85 fast, 40 in the first 5.5 weeks. With no loose skin at all. Well things in life have happened and I'm a fatty again ha ha I moved to St. Augustine from Atlanta last year and now I can't find any of my QWLC diet info. I wanted to know if anyone would be so kind to share it with me please?

I do have many inside secrets to share for much faster and less costly weight loss on QWLC diet.

One_Posh_Dame yahoo

raquelr82
07-31-2013, 05:05 PM
Hey,

I worked at QWLC in Atlanta and did the diet years ago and lost 85 fast, 40 in the first 5.5 weeks. With no loose skin at all. Well things in life have happened and I'm a fatty again ha ha I moved to St. Augustine from Atlanta last year and now I can't find any of my QWLC diet info. I wanted to know if anyone would be so kind to share it with me please?

I do have many inside secrets to share for much faster and less costly weight loss on QWLC diet.

One_Posh_Dame yahoo

I sent u a copy hope u got it.. I would love to hear any info u have to help me lose weight fast I seem to be stuck.

sluggo88
07-31-2013, 05:31 PM
I would too

Ginger1972
08-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Hey,

One_Posh_Dame yahoo

QWLC started in Atlanta over 30 years ago and now other cities have copied the diet for the most part just changed a few things and added a lot more crap to buy. I’m not sure if they are connected or not but I do know that the Texas QWLC diet is not the same as Atlanta’s.

I know that I lost 85 pounds in five months 92 pounds all together and keep it off for years! And that is the exact diet I want to follow again. I don’t want this to be a long painful process because I will give up. I want to stick to what I know works.

If anyone has a copy of the Atlanta diet please help me out. I live in Florida and really don’t want to pay $300.00 for the online (home program) ha ha for just a copy of the diet!

raquelr82
08-01-2013, 03:15 PM
QWLC started in Atlanta over 30 years ago and now other cities have copied the diet for the most part just changed a few things and added a lot more crap to buy. I’m not sure if they are connected or not but I do know that the Texas QWLC diet is not the same as Atlanta’s.

I know that I lost 85 pounds in five months 92 pounds all together and keep it off for years! And that is the exact diet I want to follow again. I don’t want this to be a long painful process because I will give up. I want to stick to what I know works.

If anyone has a copy of the Atlanta diet please help me out. I live in Florida and really don’t want to pay $300.00 for the online (home program) ha ha for just a copy of the diet!

Hi I have a copy from the Houston qwlc well actually from lake Charles if u would like to take a look at it I can send it to u.

raquelr82
08-03-2013, 03:00 AM
Hi n e one out there have n e pointers or n e advice on the diet..

i will lose weight
08-13-2013, 11:07 PM
I only have the current Houston version of the diet, but would love for you to share your inside secrets with us all!!!

canadianwoman
08-14-2013, 04:13 AM
If anyone has any copies of the diet could you please send me one. I lost all my weightloss stuff when my laptop had a meltdown. Thank you for reading.

mybella1013
08-14-2013, 01:40 PM
I am brand new on here. ..... I live in the Houston area and I am looking for support and hopefully direction from all of you who have been successful. I have a lot of weight to lose and could use "all" help given. I checked out the program. I can not afford it. I am in hopes that someone will share with me so I too may be healthy again.

raquelr82
08-14-2013, 03:50 PM
If anyone has any copies of the diet could you please send me one. I lost all my weightloss stuff when my laptop had a meltdown. Thank you for reading.

Hi I have a copy of the diet guide if u still needed it just let me know I would need ur email if u want me to send u a copy.. Best of luck

raquelr82
08-14-2013, 03:52 PM
I am brand new on here. ..... I live in the Houston area and I am looking for support and hopefully direction from all of you who have been successful. I have a lot of weight to lose and could use "all" help given. I checked out the program. I can not afford it. I am in hopes that someone will share with me so I too may be healthy again.

Hi mybella I also live in Houston I have a copy of the guide if u needed I also went to the center and way to expensive for me as well. Luckily someone gave me a guide and pointers u can also find a lot of qwlc products on craigslist that's where I get some stuff also on line.. If u need a copy just let me know best of luck..

mybella1013
08-14-2013, 04:30 PM
That would be great RAQUELR82. How do we exchange? Like I said I am new and don't know what I am doing here.

mybella1013
08-14-2013, 04:33 PM
It says to use the PM system to share emails so you don't get spam, and junk. What is PM system?

raquelr82
08-14-2013, 04:53 PM
It says to use the PM system to share emails so you don't get spam, and junk. What is PM system?

I think its private message.. U might have to set it up in ur settings if not try clicking on my name and see if u can send me a private message.

mybella1013
08-14-2013, 05:23 PM
No it wont let me.. I checked the settings and I couldn't find anywhere to message from. I don't mine giving you my email...just don't want and spam or junk, I am sure u know what I mean. Maybe someone on here can answer the PM system for us....

canadianwoman
08-15-2013, 03:52 AM
Hi I have a copy of the diet guide if u still needed it just let me know I would need ur email if u want me to send u a copy.. Best of luck

You can only pm (privately message) other members here after you have reached 25 posts. It's a rule here.

ljwc
08-15-2013, 12:15 PM
16 to go to goal and I'm stuck for over a month. I've been handling some really stressful family illness issues which has fouled up my routine. So should I just be pleased that I've not gained weight and work my way through this tough period? For me maintaining is usually a triumph, but that extra 16 is bugging me! I don't LOOK overweight anymore because I'm fairly tall (5'8" female), but I know what's under the blouse - along with a little extra skin! :woops:

sluggo88
08-15-2013, 12:36 PM
RAQUELR82 could you email me at pigs4444 at charter dot com

raquelr82
08-16-2013, 01:11 AM
RAQUELR82 could you email me at pigs4444 at charter dot com

Hi Sluggo88 I tried many times sending u the guide but it keeps failing not sure y.. Ill try again

sluggo88
08-16-2013, 05:27 PM
My bad its suppose be net and not com

raquelr82
08-17-2013, 02:15 AM
My bad its suppose be net and not com

K still not going through it is (pigs4444 at charter dot net) correct or is something spelt wrong or missing..

sluggo88
08-17-2013, 01:54 PM
That's it. I would actually type out my email but it won't let me. You do know I just spelled out dot instead of using the period sign

raquelr82
08-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Lol yes.. send me an email so I can get ur address.. memito5 at yahoo dot com

raquelr82
08-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Hey sluggo88 I sent the guide from raquelr82 address that's me.. Good luck

sluggo88
08-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Email came thru but no guide was attached

cheeriloos
08-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Hey guys, is this meal plan any thing like Metabolic research center??

Hns high nutrient supplements, low cal, low carbs, los of veggies? I was on that for a while, it was quite effective, then I sabotaged,I have since continued that but without rejoining. I went to a QWL center once for a consult but I was so offended I never went back, the woman asked my occupation,I told her I was an aesthetician , she said my but wouldn't fit on the chair to do a facial. * not sure if that was her way of making sure she made a sale out of me by lowering my self esteem, I didn't even call her on it I was just ready to get out of there. RaquelCan I please have a copy, If you wouldn't mind emailing me the meal plan I would be interested in trying it out and infidelity it in my plan. Thank you I will PM you my email. Thank you

raquelr82
08-19-2013, 01:35 AM
Just shot meur email n ill send u what I have.

qwlcxtine
09-15-2013, 06:43 AM
I'm BRAND NEW to this forum (and happy to be here). I'm trying to find the most up to date QWLC thread and I think this is it.

I just joined QWLC two days ago. Yesterday was my first full day of the diet plan. So far, so good. I'm VERY excited for this journey!

i will lose weight
10-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Where did everybody go?? I am still chugging along. Hit a plateau/went off plan there for about 5 weeks. Gained 7 lbs by the time I went back to weigh in about 2 weeks ago. Back on plan and lost those 7 and then some. Finally back on the loosing track. I think the break was good for me. I was getting very frustrated not loosing and it was making me not stick to the plan 100%. Got that out of my system, did the restart and those 7lbs came off in 3 days. Lost another 6 lbs since then. Hoping to get to my next mini goal of 220 very soon! That will be my pre-first pregnancy weight! My goal is to be super strict until Halloween:)

qwlcxtine
10-02-2013, 07:05 PM
I will lose weight! Go girl! That is awesome! Congrats! I'm new to the program and blogging about it here: xtinedanielle.com - Feel free to get in touch. I'm in Houston, too!

3littlepigs
11-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Hello! I am new here and see all of the successes that you guys have had on QWLC. I wanted to try it, but can't seem to find one in my area. I live in Valdosta, GA. Anyone know how I can join QWLC if there is not one nearby? If you have any information that you could share with me, please email me at tracywerner at hotmail dot com

Thanks so much! I look forward to posting my weightloss adventures on here soon!

jodoto
02-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Anyone around on this thread? I am trying to do the qwlc diet at home. Would love to meet some people who are also doing it!

1wandawoman
02-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Hi Raquel. I did qwlc a few years back. Can you send me a copy to wandacorley at gmail dot com. Thanks for your help.

mere2442
02-10-2014, 02:17 AM
Hey guys, if there is anyone still on this board who is doing the QWLC thing, I'd love to chat and support each other. I have just finished my first week and lost 15 pounds! I have looked all over the internet and cannot find any other active group like this!

Thanks - Meredith

jodoto
02-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Hi Wanda and Meredith! Welcome to our own little thread (hey, ya gotta start somewhere!) Meredith, that is awesome! I have been doing this for 2 1/2 weeks and have lost 20. Go us!!!!! Keep on drinking that water! Keep commenting...let's just do this together! Joanie

Mama2Lose
02-18-2014, 08:32 AM
I joined as a platinum member last year. I've gained some of the weight back, how does one go about rejoining, what is involved?

jodoto
02-18-2014, 06:18 PM
I would call a center....they will help you....I am doing the diet myself at home and saving all that money! I plan to spend that on clothes when I get to where I want to be!

skinnylady
02-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Hi, I just started QWL and have just past 5 wks. I have lost 14.2 lbs and am THRILLED. I was very skeptical since I have been on many diets and couldn't get past the 8-10 lb mark. I was concerned about the cost, but I know 2 people who have been successful so I decided to try one more plan.
I am so glad I did. This is the plan that works for me. I am on menu plan #1 and although it appears rather strict, I am finding ways to vary the recipes to keep it interesting.
I would like to lose another 25 lbs so I still have a way to go. Glad to have found this forum to connect with others on the QWL program for support and tips.

jodoto
02-23-2014, 06:02 PM
Yay Skinny Lady! Let's stay in touch and help each other along. I would love to hear what your plan #1 entails. I am doing QWL based on a plan I tried and wasn't too successful with. This time, I am doing great! Have you had to do any of those vinegar/water flushes yet? when you do, I would love to hear what the "recipe " is! Be strong! Enjoy the rest of the weekend! Jodoto

skinnylady
03-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Yay Skinny Lady! Let's stay in touch and help each other along. I would love to hear what your plan #1 entails. I am doing QWL based on a plan I tried and wasn't too successful with. This time, I am doing great! Have you had to do any of those vinegar/water flushes yet? when you do, I would love to hear what the "recipe " is! Be strong! Enjoy the rest of the weekend! Jodoto

Hi josoto,nice to see someone else doing the QWLC diet. I just passed 6 wks and am now at 16.8. Gotta love this plan. Plan #1 is similar to #2 but I am not allowed any cheese , 2 proteins, 4 veggies, 2 starches, 1 fat, 2 supplements, 2 QB, and the 80 oz of water. (the milk is optional). I don't know about the pills. There may be a difference there too.
I am finding new ways to make chicken. Would kill for a pork chop. ha ha. I try to limit the restricted items to once or twice a week. I am doing so well that I don't want to do anything that will stall my progress.
I haven't started. Y exercise. My treadmill is still collecting dust in the spare room, keep saying this week I will get back on it. Maybe next week.......
I don't do any of the vinegar/water flushes. Haven't heard of those.
Keep in touch.

sluggo88
03-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Anyone doing the vegetarian version of QWL

jodoto
03-04-2014, 06:28 PM
Yay Skinny Lady! Thanks for reaching out! You are doing exactly what I am doing! It seems to have gotten easier. When do they seem to think that you will reach goal?

sluggo88
03-05-2014, 12:27 PM
anyone know about the vegetarian plan for QWL

jodoto
03-07-2014, 06:25 AM
I do not know of one.... I am just trying to follow the "regular" QWLD! Would love to hear from more people out there so that we could support each other!

zeephat
05-08-2014, 03:02 PM
I started working with QWLC on 27th of April and to date i have only lost 40 lbs. I need to lose 100+ lbs. I have been on their Food Plan Four and i have been following it but i have lost nothing this week.

I signed up for 15 weeks but given that it is almost the end of 3 weeks and my loss has been minimal i am getting disheartened. Please help! What are you doing differently>

Oh and i can have 40 calorie bread with my meals and i can have 7-8 ounces of protein with lunch and dinner and milk and eggs for breakfast.

sluggo88
05-09-2014, 12:46 PM
zeephat, you have lost 40 pounds in 3 weeks and your disheartened?

coad786
05-14-2014, 05:29 PM
Hello ladies,
I am interested in starting this diet. Can anyone tell me about it? Can you email me?

themunirfamily @ hotmail dot com

sluggo88
05-19-2014, 12:28 PM
http://slim4lifekc.blogspot.com/2008/04/prep-phase-its-whats-for-dinner-and.html?m=1

sconnie1
05-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Does anyone stilk drink coffee with creamer in it and still lose weight?

kcandponies
06-17-2014, 10:53 AM
How can you do the program at home? I have not found any information on the secret diet and thought you had to pay to join. What are the guidelines for this diet?
I tried ideal protein last year, spent a disgusting amount of money, lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks then fell off and gained 20 pounds.
I tried Atkins, I tried Paleo, I can't do Ideal Protein. I really can't stick with any diet, but I am terribly depressed and hate myself. I feel like my appetite controls my life and I cannot change it. I need to lose 60 pounds.

tllatour
06-18-2014, 01:44 PM
HUGS TO YOU, kcandponies. I completely understand what you mean. My appetite controlled me too. I am on the QWLC diet, and yes paid a lot of money. I am in my 9th week and down 26.6 pounds. It is a high protein, no carb, no sugar diet. any and all diets are about changing how you feel about food. this program tries to teach you that food is just food, fuel. I am not there yet, I still see some food as goodness. LOL

I hope you find what works for you. I am the biggest fan of working out and eating in moderation. good luck!

brats12n3
07-03-2014, 04:08 AM
I have tried to lose weight but nothing seems to work. I had a consultation today with QWLC but the price was too high. Can someone please send me a copy of the plan to rogia0419@gmaildotcom. Thank you in advance. I am trying to lose about 80 lbs and need all the help I can get.

canadianwoman
07-04-2014, 02:00 PM
I have tried to lose weight but nothing seems to work. I had a consultation today with QWLC but the price was too high. Can someone please send me a copy of the plan to rogia0419@gmaildotcom. Thank you in advance. I am trying to lose about 80 lbs and need all the help I can get.

email sent :)

sluggo88
07-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Canadianwoman could you email me a copy please? dslocum@wc.edu

kcandponies
07-07-2014, 11:12 AM
could I please get the details on the diet plan? email is kcandponies at yahoo.com
Is this something you can follow without going to the center?

canadianwoman
07-09-2014, 01:32 AM
Canadianwoman could you email me a copy please? dslocum@wc.edu

Email sent

canadianwoman
07-09-2014, 01:35 AM
could I please get the details on the diet plan? email is kcandponies at yahoo.com
Is this something you can follow without going to the center?

email sent and you can follow this without going to the center.

Irjessica
07-09-2014, 02:23 AM
Like the previous poster- I'm interested in doing it alone. Would someone maybe be able to share more info with me about the plan, approved foods, required supplements, et? Irjessica at gmail com

Thanks and good luck all!