Ideal Protein Diet - Today I Restart

View Full Version : Today I Restart

Go4itnow
03-29-2013, 06:17 AM
Hello
Today I restart!

Last year I lost 45 ils on IP. It changed my entire outlook. The old me was back I no longer felt like the 44 year old chubby working mom /wife. The fun mom / me was back. Since Thanksgiving I've gained about 10 -12lbs. Everything is just getting tight again. I will not go back.

I've dedicated the next 8 weeks to loose 20lbs. I'm going for it - im going for skinny. Anybody up to join me on the journey.
:carrot:

staceyjblack
03-29-2013, 03:41 PM
ME! Lost 30 last march-may and have gained about 15. I am in it to win it. My goal is to be between 150-140 and fit for summer. I work at a residential summer camp and I don't want to feel uncomfortable in shorts, tanks/tees shirts etc.

LET'S DO THIS.

We are similar in height and starting weight- It's nice to see someone here with similar stats and goals.

GetYa1
03-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Love this! This is my first go 'round, but I'm on my first week.
I'm 5'9, so I'm excited to learn from the pros.

Good luck to you both. Let's do this!

Tziri
03-29-2013, 08:00 PM
Congrats on restarting and good luck!!!!

JenRem
03-29-2013, 08:52 PM
WELCOME back!

Best of Luck to you!

:) Jen

Go4itnow
03-29-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm glad you posted.

Day one is hard. I want to cheat so I'm going to go to bed instead. My daughters (14, 13 & 10) think it is odd but they know it works.

If we are 100% OP we should be looking good by Memorial weekend.

staceyjblack
04-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Let's do it :)

IPRound2
04-01-2013, 12:43 PM
So glad to see this thread. I've been working hard to stay IP since the new year but with a death in the family, sickness and then a brief vacation I was completely off plan. I recommit again today to lose 15-20 pounds as well and look forward to feeling good again. I couldn't believe the heartburn I had and my crazy complexion when I wasn't on plan.

mini anna
04-01-2013, 12:55 PM
welcome back!
i am restarting too..
Yesterday was my start day :)

good luck to all of us

krisnchris1
04-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Today is my restart! I lost 20 pounds last summer and put it all back on over the winter. Determined to start this summer off right!!

Bella73123
04-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Today is my restart...AGAIN!! I lost 50lbs last fall, and wasn't finished losing and fell off program :-'( I have tried several times to restart and I get to about day 4 and something blindsides me and I end up caving.

I have had so much trouble staying OP and restarting has been almost impossible, but this has been the only program that has helped me lose weight so I'm going to try again.

I have my first wedding dress fitting on Saturday, my 40th birthday is next month, and my wedding is the first week of June, so if I can't find my motivation in there somewhere, I never will!

I'm in!!

Great Dane
04-01-2013, 09:20 PM
I restarted today. I lost 37 lbs between 8/22 and Thanksgiving and then nothing after that no matter what I tried. So I got mad and basically have been eating a Phase 3 diet the past month. Gained about a couple pounds, stayed in my small clothes size but now have the mind to get to my original goal. Back to scheduled eating times , measuring and drinking a ton of water.

Momto2cs
04-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Good tobe back at it. You both have low goals, but we all have different body types and structures.
The rebooters thread is very supportive!

New Englander
04-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Hi, welcome back. I'm also doing a reboot and as Mom said the reboot thread is very supportive! :) Come on over! :)

foreveryoung
04-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Hi, welcome back. I'm also doing a reboot and as Mom said the reboot thread is very supportive! :) Come on over! :)

I'm rebooting too, the thread got soo many pages, can they open another volume?
Today was my first day, I got success :carrot:

Lesa03
04-02-2013, 12:26 AM
I just finished my first week as well, I'm a little disappointed about my WI today only losing 4lbs but.... It's 4lbs less that I have to lose next week.... I still have around 30 to loose but by this summer I'm going to look and feel awesome!! I'm only 5'1" so any extra weight looks terrible on me :( I'm really hoping to meet my goals and stay OP

explore
04-02-2013, 02:42 PM
I will be joining you in restarting too! I start p1 on Sunday- no excuses this time.

Pixie111
04-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Lesa03 - Your stats are exactly same as mine. My current weight is 153 and I am abouy 5 1'. I lost 4 pounds the first week too !! Our losses will be slow since we are fun size! :D

Go4itnow
04-02-2013, 09:57 PM
I've been good so far but tonight has been hard. Gotta go 2 bed before I cheat

foreveryoung
04-02-2013, 11:22 PM
I will be joining you in restarting too! I start p1 on Sunday- no excuses this time.

Cool, welcome. Right! No excuses :carrot:

foreveryoung
04-02-2013, 11:24 PM
I just finished my first week as well, I'm a little disappointed about my WI today only losing 4lbs but.... It's 4lbs less that I have to lose next week.... I still have around 30 to loose but by this summer I'm going to look and feel awesome!! I'm only 5'1" so any extra weight looks terrible on me :( I'm really hoping to meet my goals and stay OP

You can do it Lesa, 4 lbs, awesome! Slow and steady :carrot:

SandyDunes
04-03-2013, 06:52 AM
Hello
Today I restart!

Last year I lost 45 ils on IP. It changed my entire outlook. The old me was back I no longer felt like the 44 year old chubby working mom /wife. The fun mom / me was back. Since Thanksgiving I've gained about 10 -12lbs. Everything is just getting tight again. I will not go back.

I've dedicated the next 8 weeks to loose 20lbs. I'm going for it - im going for skinny. Anybody up to join me on the journey.
I'm so glad you posted this, I'm struggling and need to re-charge too ... up 10 - 12 lbs too ... your statement "I will not go back" struck a huge cord, the energy I needed to hear. I lost 52 lbs. last year, didn't hit goal yet, so I'm up for the "restart" journey with you! ... Thanks! :)

GoalFor40
04-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Also restarting- lost 50 lbs last year, fell off the wagon around the holidays with plans to restart in Feb. Found out I was pregnant- then miscarried. Ate my way through the miscarriage and gained a ton of weight. I hope it is a lot of water and comes off quickly. I need to get down as much as I can as fast as i can, because we want to try again right away.

Nice to see some familiar names on this thread, glad I am not alone!

iwiggy58
04-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Goalfor40..
Welcome back on board! So sorry to hear about your rough start of the year!
I am a re-starter as of this last Monday and am so glad to hear there are others too! Good luck!

Go4itnow
04-04-2013, 06:16 AM
I had a handful of the kids Easter jelly beans and than a cookie. im so mad but today is a new day.

I will not give up!

JulieT68
04-04-2013, 09:40 AM
I am back on the reboot also!!!! I have got to stick to it!!!!

mamarenee
04-05-2013, 07:42 PM
So I'm not the only one? I have an appointment at IP tomorrow. first one in about 2 months and I am embarrassed to go back because I gained weight back about 15 of the 90 I lost. I need to get it off but returning to phase 1 overwhelms me! It is such deprivation but I know it works. Is it unhealthy to do phase 1 again. I went on maintainence is sept. I am so disappointed in myself. With these boards I don't feel alone in this tho because others are going thru the same thing.
When you do a "reboot" is it as drastic as the first time you do the diet?

Rhonduz
04-05-2013, 10:59 PM
So I'm not the only one? I have an appointment at IP tomorrow. first one in about 2 months and I am embarrassed to go back because I gained weight back about 15 of the 90 I lost. I need to get it off but returning to phase 1 overwhelms me! It is such deprivation but I know it works. Is it unhealthy to do phase 1 again. I went on maintainence is sept. I am so disappointed in myself. With these boards I don't feel alone in this tho because others are going thru the same thing.
When you do a "reboot" is it as drastic as the first time you do the diet?

I'm right with you! I lost 50 and then my mom got sick and has been in and out of rehab. I had my last official WI in January. I thought I could handle this on my own, and I got mad at my new snippy skinny little coach that said I should be able to lose 4 lbs by the next week. Well without the accountability and the stress I have worked myself up about 10 lbs. I start back and get to day 4 and just lose it. I don't know what is wrong with me. I'm thinking I might need to suck it up and go back to the clinic.

kellycg102
04-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Good luck every one on your reboot. I too am rebooting and having a tough time tonight. I ended up having 3 restricted....ugh so not like the first time, but determined to do it. Tomorrow is another day!!!

sandymay
04-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Hi,

I am new to this forum, this is my first post. I lost 15 pounds on IP and know it works, went off plan three weeks ago and have gained 7 back already! I'm recommitting today. The first few days are so hard. I need support from others, something I wasn't getting at my IP center. They weren't very motivating, just weigh, measure and please by lots of products and vitamins before you leave. It helps to share thoughts, experiences and ideas with each other. Looking forward to getting to know some of you who are going through the same thing. Hopefully, I'll be able to share something helpful along the way too! Thanks and have a great weekend. Sandra:)

Biggsbabydoll
04-06-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm in...yesterday was my day 1. We can do this one day at a time!!! xo

Tmg1989
04-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Ok... I am in tomorrow... Lost 80lbs and gained 12 since November. Enough. I have started and stopped numerous times but hadnt come back to the group. This time I will do it the right way! Here we go!

Ravenswood2012
04-06-2013, 10:17 AM
I restarted on Monday as well... 5 days in felt so good I had to weigh myself.... Happy to report I was down 3.6 pounds. Hopefully Monday morning it will even be more!!

Good Luck & Have a great OP weekend :D

Roo2
04-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Good Luck Everyone - It's Reboot Time!!!:D

Now let's all kick as hard as we possibly can!!! :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tant rum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:: tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantr um::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::t antrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantru m::tantrum::tantrum:

:carrot::carrot:REGROUP!!!! AND REBOOT!!!!!:carrot::carrot:

:hug::hug:;);):hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:: hug::hug::hug:

Ravenswood2012
04-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Good Luck Everyone - It's Reboot Time!!!:D

Now let's all kick as hard as we possibly can!!! :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tant rum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:: tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantr um::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::t antrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantru m::tantrum::tantrum:

:carrot::carrot:REGROUP!!!! AND REBOOT!!!!!:carrot::carrot:

:hug::hug:;);):hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:: hug::hug::hug:

Ha!!! Yes!!! I love the way you think :D

JenRem
04-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Hi,

I am new to this forum, this is my first post. I lost 15 pounds on IP and know it works, went off plan three weeks ago and have gained 7 back already! I'm recommitting today. The first few days are so hard. I need support from others, something I wasn't getting at my IP center. They weren't very motivating, just weigh, measure and please by lots of products and vitamins before you leave. It helps to share thoughts, experiences and ideas with each other. Looking forward to getting to know some of you who are going through the same thing. Hopefully, I'll be able to share something helpful along the way too! Thanks and have a great weekend. Sandra:)

WELCOME!

I'm in...yesterday was my day 1. We can do this one day at a time!!! xo

WELCOME!

Ok... I am in tomorrow... Lost 80lbs and gained 12 since November. Enough. I have started and stopped numerous times but hadnt come back to the group. This time I will do it the right way! Here we go!

WELCOME BACK!

I restarted on Monday as well... 5 days in felt so good I had to weigh myself.... Happy to report I was down 3.6 pounds. Hopefully Monday morning it will even be more!!

Congrats! I hope the scale is even nicer in 2 days!
What's your dogs name (in your avatar pix)? CUTE!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find this 3FC site so motivational. I honestly don't know that I would have made it this far without coming here most everyday. Get plugged in and stay plugged in!
I do know that I will only be successful in hitting goal and most importantly maintaing the WL loss as long as I keep checking-in here on a daily basis. There is strength in numbers and especially in being around people who know exactly what you are going through!

Good Luck on your IP WL journey! We are all here cheering you on!
Hold your head up high - you got this!
~Jen

Ravenswood2012
04-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Congrats! I hope the scale is even nicer in 2 days!
What's your dogs name (in your avatar pix)? CUTE!

JenRem ~ Thanks!! His name is Ralphie, he is 5 y/o spoiled rotten rescue :)

JenRem
04-06-2013, 11:42 PM
His name is Ralphie, he is 5 y/o spoiled rotten rescue :)[/I][/B]

LOVE my dogs.
We have a 13 yr old part yorkie/poodle mix that we adopted from someone who couldn't keep him 11 years ago (Louie).
Last November we rescued a lhaso apso mix that is 2 years old (Mabel).
I would have tons of dogs if I had the time, money and resources! :)

Ravenswood2012
04-07-2013, 09:32 AM
LOVE my dogs.
We have a 13 yr old part yorkie/poodle mix that we adopted from someone who couldn't keep him 11 years ago (Louie).
Last November we rescued a lhaso apso mix that is 2 years old (Mabel).
I would have tons of dogs if I had the time, money and resources! :)

Awe!!! They sound adorable & much loved!! I'm with you I would rescue everything if I could.... Now if I could just win the lotto!!! :D

Missdee18
04-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Nice to read about all the reboots. I have been on IP since The end of June and lost almost 60#. 7 more before IP for almost 70#. . It's been very slow since Christmas but totally because of me. Not following 100%. Your encouragement has made me commit, TODAY, that I will be in RE-BOOT mode and follow 100% to reach my ultimate goal. ��

Thanks all

IntheEvening
04-07-2013, 10:55 AM
I restarted yesterday! I was about a week off IP, not following 100 %. My dog died about a week ago and boy that was tough. On 4/6, I restarted and I am looking forward! GL to everyone!!!!

JudithL
04-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Welcome back, or welcome for the first time, everybody!!! Glad to see so many IP people! :carrot: I agree that it's easier to stay OP when you check in here every day.... so much support and friendship.

Determinedat47
04-07-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm in for reboot. Grrrrrrrrrr maintenance is so brutal!

loopers
04-07-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm rebooting starting tomorrow! I started in October 2012, lost 60 lbs, but kinda lost track... was still doing protein for breakfast and lunch and the veg, but having a bit of this here and there and simply not following plan.

I've put on 10 lbs of water in the past week and a half. Tomorrow I am going bootcamp, going to try to do that for 3 days, and then fully OP!

We did it before ladies, we can do it again!

Ravenswood2012
04-07-2013, 08:11 PM
I restarted yesterday! I was about a week off IP, not following 100 %. My dog died about a week ago and boy that was tough. On 4/6, I restarted and I am looking forward! GL to everyone!!!!

Awe... So sorry to hear about your dog :(

Good Luck!!!

JenRem
04-08-2013, 01:40 AM

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I am a huge dog lover and I know how hard it is to lose a pet. That is the one thing I've always hated, that dogs lifespan is so much shorter than ours - I wish they were the same.
I put down my 15 yr old schnauzer last Sept and it broke my heart! My heart goes out to you!
:hug::hug::hug:
~Jen

gmadi57
04-08-2013, 10:10 AM
I lost my initial weight about 2 years ago and started at 213 got down to a sleek 163 loved it.. My problem was I only did a couple phases and I thought I could stay on my own , well needless to say I am up 30 of those lbs in two years.. I really want to try to do this again and keep it off. Are you restarters going back to IP or doing your own protein. ? Thanks for listening.

Ravenswood2012
04-08-2013, 10:25 AM
I lost my initial weight about 2 years ago and started at 213 got down to a sleek 163 loved it.. My problem was I only did a couple phases and I thought I could stay on my own , well needless to say I am up 30 of those lbs in two years.. I really want to try to do this again and keep it off. Are you restarters going back to IP or doing your own protein. ? Thanks for listening.

Hi!!

I am doing alternative products but following the IP Program...

End of week one I am down 5.4 pounds & 4.5 inches.

Good Luck!!!!

kmstacy
04-08-2013, 02:07 PM
I am restarting..Well I am back..last year May thru October I lost 50 lbs and got down to 228 then i just completely got off track until March 20th when I went to the doctor and my weight was back up to 252.6 so here I go again. Hope everyone is doing wel