Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 3/29/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 3/29/2013

lisa32989
03-29-2013, 07:11 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

A1Texan
03-29-2013, 08:52 AM
Well the "Whoosh Fairy" and the "Easter Bunny" mated this week because I lost 5 pounds. Wishing it to come everyone's way this weekend..!!
:easter2:

lisa32989
03-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Well the "Whoosh Fairy" and the "Easter Bunny" mated this week because I lost 5 pounds. Wishing it to come everyone's way this weekend..!!
:bravo:

rubygirl05
03-29-2013, 09:04 AM
I had WI last night and lost -4.2. I hadn't had a weight loss since I started (despite being 100% OP), so I was glad to see it finally arrived. I'm hoping my body starts losing more consistently even if it's just smaller amounts.

Dr tried to sell me the emailed videos last night. Thankfully, earlier I had told him I was too cheap to buy soda, so I didn't feel awkward at all when I said no way to the $10 videos. (I had a diet soda once during the week and he was worried it would become an easy crutch, but as I said, I don't typically buy it because I can't believe how much it costs for a glass or 2L)

I already have my food plan for Easter dinner, just hope I won't get tempted too much. I'm bringing a bar just in case.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

heritagesoftail
03-29-2013, 09:19 AM
Day 3 back on the plan after holidays and the headache is still pounding :(
However on the bright side I did not gain any weight during my holiday and I DID miss my new way of eating well I was away. Could not stay on plan during that time as Vegetables where few and far between. Puriefied water was also very hard to find.
Anyway so glad to be back with all of you ! Enjoy your weekend everyone :)

M35A2
03-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Dr tried to sell me the emailed videos last night. Thankfully, earlier I had told him I was too cheap to buy soda, so I didn't feel awkward at all when I said no way to the $10 videos.

If you want to watch the videos go to this thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/274125-ip-coaching-video-master-thread.html

Some of them have some interesting things to say but overall they're not necessary.

BEEGEE
03-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Have a good Easter everyone!! I'm working all weekend which is probably a good thing!! That chocolate is tempting but not tempting enough t o go off plan thats for sure! I just keep thinking "chocolate is the enemy veggies are my friends" lol

Mother of the Groom
03-29-2013, 10:18 AM
I had my WI last night and despite battling the big C all week lost 1.8 :carrot:

My middle son is home from university for Easter so I'll be spending the weekend baking and cooking a cooler full of food for him to take back with him. Knowing I'll be making cookies, pies, squares and buns for him I thought it would be best for me to have a few more restricted snack things in my cupboard incase I'm tempted. Although with this program I find I'm not tempted by anything :). The fresh buns will be (in my mind) the biggest challenge, in the past I've always had a couple with butter hot out of the oven. Maybe I'll make myself some OP muffins :carrot:

Have a great Easter everyone!

LynnOntario
03-29-2013, 10:28 AM
Day 2 OP and I'm feeling good ... No headache so far today and feeling energetic. It's bright and sunny and starting to feel like spring. Waiting for our daughter to arrive home to visit for the weekend. Have a great weekend everyone.

newday2013
03-29-2013, 10:28 AM
I know it's on here somewhere, but it's been 20 days, where the heck is my tracker? Oh, and WI yesterday 5lbs, 5in!!!

Mother of the Groom
03-29-2013, 10:36 AM
I know it's on here somewhere, but it's been 20 days, where the heck is my tracker? Oh, and WI yesterday 5lbs, 5in!!!

Click on your user cp and the signature button should be there to create your tracker. Once you've created your tracker copy and paste the URL into your signature. Hope that helps.:)

newday2013
03-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Click on your user cp and the signature button should be there to create your tracker. Once you've created your tracker copy and paste the URL into your signature. Hope that helps.:)

It still says: In an effort to help curb a recent problem with forum spam, new members will not be able to use the Signature option right away. This will take at least 20 days to appear in your UserCP, and you must also meet the minimum post requirement.
And I don't see a signature button....:?:

ragdoll74
03-29-2013, 10:42 AM
Congrats on the WI's A1Texan, rubygirl & Mother of the Groom!

Hope everyone has a great OP day.

aliboo723
03-29-2013, 10:43 AM
WI yesterday. 1.4 down for a total of 24.5 lbs.

Mother of the Groom
03-29-2013, 10:44 AM
It still says: In an effort to help curb a recent problem with forum spam, new members will not be able to use the Signature option right away. This will take at least 20 days to appear in your UserCP, and you must also meet the minimum post requirement.

Maybe check back this evening, mine came right on the 20 day but I never checked until evening.

Congrats on the 5 lbs too!

ragdoll74
03-29-2013, 10:44 AM

Your profile says you joined March 10th, so you have to wait until the 30th to get the ticker.

newday2013
03-29-2013, 10:47 AM
Maybe check back this evening, mine came right on the 20 day but I never checked until evening.

Congrats on the 5 lbs too!

Ok, thanks! Who knew I'd be so excited to show off my weight, LOL!!!:D

Trinkets75
03-29-2013, 11:33 AM
It's a beautiful day here! My stomach feels so much better today! weigh in later today, keep you posted! I'm working on Easter, which could be a good, or bad thing depending on what people bring in. I'm feeling pretty confident though, as long as nobody places robin eggs under my nose!

Debrasb
03-29-2013, 11:34 AM
WI today. Up 2#, which is getting me down. But I know I was OP, so I'm trying to focus on my overall losses and move on to next week being a great one.

bttrhalf
03-29-2013, 11:36 AM
:easter3:good morning everyone, great weigh in's today, hoping mine is as good tonight (hate weighing in the evening):(, I'm back on track after a few weeks of struggling. should hit my goal soon. but I'm scared of phase three and beyond I'm very comfortable on P1 it is so easy don't even hardly have to think about it any more.
well everyone have a great weekend, sounds like great weather here in the Northwest for Easter egg hunting.:easter3::easter::easter2::bunny2:

Donna Gel
03-29-2013, 12:10 PM
I am having a bit of a struggle right now. Not sure why, well that's not true, I have been busy and not eating properly. I am having a great deal of difficulty eating meat again. Company coming tomorrow, but I have the menu planned out and accept for the rice, everything will be IP friendly.

So? I am going to go back to gradually adding the required protein throughout the day and go from there.

GreatLakes86
03-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Great lakes How long have you been on IP? Any suggestions or tips?

This is my response to randygirl from yesterday's daily in case that one gets buried today/this weekend.

I've been doing it for 9 weeks now and I've lost 24.75 lbs.

My big suggestions are to plan ahead on the veggies, but if you get in a bind, both Safeway and Freddy's have salad bars and you can get on plan veggies there. The clinic is the only place in town that I've seen the individually packaged WF dressings. I try to balance my veggies in terms of carbs and price...when peppers go on sale (2 for 3 bucks right now at Freds!) I get those....cauliflower is a nice treat....I buy mixed greens because they are usually cheaper. And the allowable root veggies like turnips and rutabagas are cheaper, too.

Since meat is more expensive here than other parts of the country, I do a lot of eggs as protein. I'm a big fan of breakfast for dinner...4 oz of ground turkey cooked with sage, garlic powder, black pepper and a drizzle of WF syrup and 2 eggs plus some sauteed spinach is a go-to meal for me.

I have it a bit easier because I'm usually cooking for just myself or a very supportive friend. I add in a carb for him and he eats whatever protein and veggies I'm having.

If you haven't tried the Big Mac in a Bowl...do it. You can cook the ground beef ahead of time and everything else comes together really quickly after a day at work. Same thing with seasoning the meat with taco seasoning and having it as a taco salad. And the crockpot has been great, too. Put in a roast or a whole chicken and come home to enough meat for a couple of meals. I'm a big fan of chicken "fajitas" with mexican seasoned chicken and red/orange peppers over a bed of shredded lettuce with some WF Ranch and Frank's Red Hot sauce.

Hope that gives you some ideas....anything in particular you are wondering about? It seems like our clinic is a good one compared to many of the horror stories I've heard here.

kellyrn
03-29-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm going to prepare Easter baskets for my boys and when buying the candy, I'm shocked that I just haven't had the urge to "have just one". Usually by this time I'm re-buying the candy because my husband and I have already finished it...lol!

Also, thank everyone on here for the awesome advice and recipes. You are all lifesavers!

Charbarot
03-29-2013, 01:14 PM
:easter2::easter2:Lost another 2 pounds....I'm getting there. Hope everyone has a Wonderful Easter. Have a good week-end friends. :easter2:

Charbarot
03-29-2013, 01:15 PM
How do you get to chane the weight movement on your ticker? I'm not seeing mine go down according to the

workingit50
03-29-2013, 01:26 PM
I too am putting together Easter baskets full of candy and goodies for my kids. I am not tempted because I am too committed to my goal and so excited to see my progress.

I did take a big whiff of chocolate chip cookies yesterday. It smelled good but not as good as my loose pants/clothes, reduction of self-loathing when looking in the mirror, and the joy and pride I feel doing this for myself.

My hubby said this morning " you are shrinking in front of my eyes." This was a NSV moment for me-- I have been really embarrassed by my weight gain for years and while he never said anything to me about it.....I was ashamed.

Stay strong and wear something that feels sooo good that you know that is better than any Easter candy.:):hat:

kellyrn
03-29-2013, 01:46 PM
I know. I thought seeing the Reese's eggs would be the death of me. And I've been fine. Thank you ketosis! ;)

M35A2
03-29-2013, 01:52 PM
How do you get to chane the weight movement on your ticker? I'm not seeing mine go down according to the

When you edit your signiture there are 2 places you have to change the weight. The second one looks like this:

url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/yinyang02/lb/223/170/196/.png [/url]

Change the last number to your current weight.

Erica6700
03-29-2013, 02:06 PM
I am about to begin my journey and I am sooooo excited! I begin Monday. I was previously 242, dropped down to 167 using GNC's Lean Shakes (lost most of the weight about a year and a half ago) BUT, I am now up to 185. I have def cheated and struggled back and forth between doing the shakes during the week and then cheating all weekend. I think and hope this program will finally be the answer to my prayers and the final stretch of my journey to loving my body again! Wish me luck...

Suchawittygal
03-29-2013, 02:15 PM

:cp::cp:WOOT!! Congrats on the great weigh-in Texan!!

I'm down 2.0 lbs this week and very happy with that result :carrot:
:easter2:I hope everyone has a wonderful OP weekend and Easter.

lizz415
03-29-2013, 02:16 PM
This is my first post. I am on my third week, and this diet has been a struggle for me (I quit twice during the first two weeks). I must say that finding this forum has been a wonderful encouragement.

My biggest struggle has been eating enough veggies. I have never been a veggie eater and usually struggle to get in 2 out of 4 cups. I also have no energy. I could fall asleep as I am typing this.

Great job to those of you who have stuck with it so far!

M35A2
03-29-2013, 02:21 PM
This is my first post. I am on my third week, and this diet has been a struggle for me (I quit twice during the first two weeks). I must say that finding this forum has been a wonderful encouragement.

My biggest struggle has been eating enough veggies. I have never been a veggie eater and usually struggle to get in 2 out of 4 cups. I also have no energy. I could fall asleep as I am typing this.

Try making some veggie puree and adding it to the soup or as a topping on your meat. It fits a whole lot of veggies into a very small space.

As far as the energy, make sure you're getting all of the protein packets in and taking your supplements. I have MS and I've found I have more energy now that I'm on the diet (and also carrying around 27 less pounds) than I did before.

Good luck and stay strong!

charliebear99
03-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Hello, I am starting IP today. I'm doing a homemade version with shakes that have the same lower amount of carbs and protein because I just can't see paying 400 bucks for the seminar. I found a cheat sheet for phase I on the forums so I could start. Any links to other phases etc about the diet is appreciated.

Also any advice about curbing cravings at night is appreciated as this is my troubling time when I snack.

Charbarot
03-29-2013, 02:31 PM
:easter3:When you edit your signiture there are 2 places you have to change the weight. The second one looks like this:

url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/yinyang02/lb/223/170/196/.png [/url]

Change the last number to your current weight.

Thank you very much.....I did it.

bellasamimom
03-29-2013, 02:39 PM
I think one of the hardest things for me to get over is the feeling of inconveniencing someone else. We are traveling to my Sister in laws. She is wonderful about making sure I can eat but it makes me feel bad that she is worried about what I can eat.

ragdoll74
03-29-2013, 02:40 PM

:welcome:Try out different ways of cooking the veggies. I roast all of mine now and would eat 8 cups of veggies if it was allowed. I was never a big veggie eater before.

To roast the veggies cut them into equal size pieces, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast at 450 until browned. You can also use other spices like garlic powder, chili powder, etc. I love the simplicity of the sea salt. My favorite roasted veggies are cauliflower, zucchini and yellow squash.

Hello, I am starting IP today. I'm doing a homemade version with shakes that have the same lower amount of carbs and protein because I just can't see paying 400 bucks for the seminar. I found a cheat sheet for phase I on the forums so I could start. Any links to other phases etc about the diet is appreciated.

Also any advice about curbing cravings at night is appreciated as this is my troubling time when I snack.

:welcome:In the stickies there is a link to the phases of IP thread and you can find the sheets for the other phases.
Ketosis should get rid of the cravings.

newday2013
03-29-2013, 02:46 PM
Your profile says you joined March 10th, so you have to wait until the 30th to get the ticker.

I didn't even see that! I guess I must have lurked for 2 days before joining, lol! So grateful that I did, I love you guys! I have decided to try some altrernatives for $ reasons. Reading over these threads have given me that confidence. Hoping to find Quest Naturals at my health food store,or Cosco. I'm in Canada, so I think the shipping costs might not make it worth it.
This is going to work right?? LOL!!! :o

qballmhh
03-29-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm going to prepare Easter baskets for my boys and when buying the candy, I'm shocked that I just haven't had the urge to "have just one". Usually by this time I'm re-buying the candy because my husband and I have already finished it...lol!

Also, thank everyone on here for the awesome advice and recipes. You are all lifesavers!

it's great, i've been amazed by this for myself too!

qballmhh
03-29-2013, 02:52 PM
I think one of the hardest things for me to get over is the feeling of inconveniencing someone else. We are traveling to my Sister in laws. She is wonderful about making sure I can eat but it makes me feel bad that she is worried about what I can eat.

i agree but i think as long as you're appreciative, people really enjoy being a positive part of the experience!

IP190
03-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Day 3... I haven't really had any bad side effects aside from minor headaches and having to pee a lot. I've followed everything 100%, but I'm worried about going into ketosis. I don't have any of the strips to measure and I want to make sure it's working D:

I'm feeling pretty great though! My aunt bought churros from Taco Bell and I didn't try and eat it while she wasn't looking, haha!

GreatLakes86
03-29-2013, 02:57 PM
IP190: when you stop feeling awful, you're in ketosis. :) As long as you are following the sheet, it is as simple as that.

qballmhh
03-29-2013, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=ragdoll74;4686735]:welcome:Try out different ways of cooking the veggies. I roast all of mine now and would eat 8 cups of veggies if it was allowed. I was never a big veggie eater before.

To roast the veggies cut them into equal size pieces, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast at 450 until browned. You can also use other spices like garlic powder, chili powder, etc. I love the simplicity of the sea salt. My favorite roasted veggies are cauliflower, zucchini and yellow squash.

Best advice ever! that sounds so good, thank you!

newday2013
03-29-2013, 03:02 PM

If we were diabetic, this would not even be an issue. Obesity is a medical problem, except society doesn't perceive it that way. We did not chose to be at the point of being on a medically sound diet, this is by necessity. Tomorrow I host Easter dinner and I fully expect pressure and teasing, you all know exactly what I mean. I am ready for my steadfast answer and will not allow them to ruin this for me. If I have to, I will sneak away and come talk to you guys...:hug:

FlooNimbus13127
03-29-2013, 03:16 PM
It's been a weird week. I've been OP, in that I haven't cheated. But I've had two nights that I couldn't do anything but a IP pancake and eggs. So, the veggies got left off.

And three times this week I've forgotten to take my vitamins in the evening.

I'm on my way out of town to my mom's house, who is thankfully also on IP. I just have to bring some of my packets and I'll be set!

Happy Easter to all of us successful losers!:goodluck:

bellasamimom
03-29-2013, 03:21 PM
i agree but i think as long as you're appreciative, people really enjoy being a positive part of the experience!

Thanks!!

Debrasb
03-29-2013, 03:22 PM

I relate to this completely. My strategy has been to offer to bring things to add to the table or bring ingredients to cook together at the person's house. For example, I recently brought roasted cauliflower, a big salad with homemade dressing, and slow-roasted salmon to a dinner. I brought enough for all to enjoy and felt like I was a normal participant at the meal (and helping), and then I just didn't eat the other stuff.

I do agree with other posters' comments--people are very happy to be supportive as long as they know what you can eat.

charliebear99
03-29-2013, 03:22 PM
:welcome:Try out different ways of cooking the veggies. I roast all of mine now and would eat 8 cups of veggies if it was allowed. I was never a big veggie eater before.

:welcome:In the stickies there is a link to the phases of IP thread and you can find the sheets for the other phases.
Ketosis should get rid of the cravings.

Thanks for the advice and the links. I found the phases in the IP stickies like you said.

bellasamimom
03-29-2013, 03:23 PM
If we were diabetic, this would not even be an issue. Obesity is a medical problem, except society doesn't perceive it that way. We did not chose to be at the point of being on a medically sound diet, this is by necessity. Tomorrow I host Easter dinner and I fully expect pressure and teasing, you all know exactly what I mean. I am ready for my steadfast answer and will not allow them to ruin this for me. If I have to, I will sneak away and come talk to you guys...:hug:

That is very true!! I am thankful for a very supportive family!!

bellasamimom
03-29-2013, 03:29 PM
I relate to this completely. My strategy has been to offer to bring things to add to the table or bring ingredients to cook together at the person's house. For example, I recently brought roasted cauliflower, a big salad with homemade dressing, and slow-roasted salmon to a dinner. I brought enough for all to enjoy and felt like I was a normal participant at the meal (and helping), and then I just didn't eat the other stuff.

I do agree with other posters' comments--people are very happy to be supportive as long as they know what you can eat.

I am planning on bringing your Turnip and Leek Kugel :flow2: It looks yummy!!

MntRose
03-29-2013, 03:33 PM
So a NSV for me. Last night went out with a few friends and I easily found some lettuce wraps that looked totally allowable and OP. The one girl who joined us late and I haven't seen since last Easter went crazy when half way through our meal I had to stand up to let someone leave the table. It was really kinda nice to hear someone gush about 'look how tiny you are now, your such a hottie!" I have a ways to go still but I didn't say that, I just blushed and said thank you. Was a very good feeling.

I have stuff, okay chocolate for the two young people that will be here for Easter, it hasn't tempted me at all and planning on a ham and lots of roasted veggies for Easter dinner since it will be just the three of us.

Since I am thinking about tempting things, I haven't been tempted to have anything and the only things I seem to miss is cheese and wine. I only had those occasionally before anyways. So has anyone tried the Unjury cheese? and would it be allowed on IP? I have just seen ads for it and never followed the links to find out.

Also guess I will just place my Nashua order with no discount code, even though I am sure I have seen many here but can't find them when trying to search both ways.

crazynette826
03-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Also guess I will just place my Nashua order with no discount code, even though I am sure I have seen many here but can't find them when trying to search both ways.

Have you tried a google or yahoo search for a promo code. That's what I do anytime I place an online order. Just type in "nashua nutrition promo code" and you will definitely find something. I think there's one for 5% off going right now.

MntRose
03-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Have you tried a google or yahoo search for a promo code. That's what I do anytime I place an online order. Just type in "nashua nutrition promo code" and you will definitely find something. I think there's one for 5% off going right now.

I actually did search the web too, all the 5% and 10% codes I found (about a dozen of them), I got messages that they are not valid when I tried to use them in the order form.

benice
03-29-2013, 04:31 PM
I actually did search the web too, all the 5% and 10% codes I found (about a dozen of them), I got messages that they are not valid when I tried to use them in the order form.

This is not a % off code, but someone just posed the following on the Quest Bar thread:

Nashuanutrition.com coupons code for free shipping on orders over $49 until Easter! Coupon code EASTER10

Msbehaving
03-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Grrrr....only -1.2 pounds this week. Think it was the Big C! Better today though. This was my 8th weigh in, right at two months. Least amount lost so for at a weigh in. On the bright side, I am "shopping" my garage for clothes to wear. Found 3 pairs of pants that now fit and bagged up some loose items for charity.

The past couple of weeks I have started to split up my nighttime protein - adding a couple of egg whites at breakfast or something at lunch. Has anyone seen this negatively affect weight loss?

crazynette826
03-29-2013, 04:55 PM

Bummer! Sorry! The Easter one hopefully will work for you.

newday2013
03-29-2013, 04:55 PM
Grrrr....only -1.2 pounds this week. Think it was the Big C! Better today though. This was my 8th weigh in, right at two months. Least amount lost so for at a weigh in. On the bright side, I am "shopping" my garage for clothes to wear. Found 3 pairs of pants that now fit and bagged up some loose items for charity.

The past couple of weeks I have started to split up my nighttime protein - adding a couple of egg whites at breakfast or something at lunch. Has anyone seen this negatively affect weight loss?

Breathe...-1.2lbs is a victory! I had a 0 loss last week and guess what? -5lbs this week! Chalk it up to C, TOM or whatever! We are winning!!! (plus, I'm sure I'll need a pep talk one day too, lol).

Msbehaving
03-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Breathe...-1.2lbs is a victory! I had a 0 loss last week and guess what? -5lbs this week! Chalk it up to C, TOM or whatever! We are winning!!! (plus, I'm sure I'll need a pep talk one day too, lol).

Congrats on the -5!

Yeah...I know...still hard to be happy about it. Deep breath - I am in this 100% for a while. I may cause physical harm to anyone who comes near me with a Peep this weekend! :) Been putting off making up the grandkids baskets as I didn't want any temptation around.

Happy almost Easter everyone...stay strong!

ragdoll74
03-29-2013, 05:33 PM
I didn't even see that! I guess I must have lurked for 2 days before joining, lol! So grateful that I did, I love you guys! I have decided to try some altrernatives for $ reasons. Reading over these threads have given me that confidence. Hoping to find Quest Naturals at my health food store,or Cosco. I'm in Canada, so I think the shipping costs might not make it worth it.
This is going to work right?? LOL!!! :o

I buy the quest bars from Amazon. GNC and vitamin shoppe also sell them.

I've been on alternatives since August, and they definitely work.

Debrasb
03-29-2013, 05:39 PM
I am planning on bringing your Turnip and Leek Kugel :flow2: It looks yummy!!

Yay! It was so so good. Let me know how it turns out!

safetylady
03-29-2013, 06:24 PM
Could I your opinion about the new Crystal light liquid? My coach says that it is fine but am a bit nervous about the carbs or effect. I did buy some and like it but was wondering if it has affected anyone's weight loss.

thans

natsprat4
03-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Happy Friday to all. Had my first Easter lunch of the weekend today, with ham, potatoes, chicken in amazing looking sauces, etc... I can proudly say I stayed on program! PREPARATION is everything! Cut up my 2 cups veggies and brought a shake. I even had no problem serving everyone apple pie... although it smelt delicious! Felt very proud of myself today.

OP for 5 weeks... and down 24 pounds. It really feels great. Got more obstacles ahead this weekend with family dinners... but I have every intention of staying OP.

STAY STRONG FELLOW IPers!!!!!! We can do this.

lisa32989
03-29-2013, 06:27 PM
WI today. Up 2#, which is getting me down. But I know I was OP, so I'm trying to focus on my overall losses and move on to next week being a great one.
My weight fluctuated weirdly all week. I'm down today. If we're gonna weigh daily, we can't let normal fluctuations get us down. We just need to be neutral observers.
My go-tos til I learned to enjoy veggies more: veggie purée in IP soup, spinach in my chocolate smoothie, ip muffins w/ shredded zucchini (look for one of my posts in the what are you eating thread)

Day 3... I haven't really had any bad side effects aside from minor headaches and having to pee a lot. I've followed everything 100%, but I'm worried about going into ketosis. I don't have any of the strips to measure and I want to make sure it's working D:!
Strips are a waste of money. Unnecessary
Why are you worried about going into Ketosis?
You're following the sheet. No worries.

I'm thinking its time to confront behavior that allows people to tease/shame people who are trying to correct a health condition (obesity)
I will no longer take it.
Point blank & up-front:
I'm on a medically supervised diet to correct my health problems. If you wouldn't tease or pressure a diabetic, then I expect the same consideration. Thank you.

Grrrr....only -1.2 pounds this week.
Congrats on your loss. "Only" is a four-letter word on this board.

Glover girl
03-29-2013, 07:19 PM

Cool!:bunny2::bunny2:

IP190
03-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Can someone tell me why green beans are on the occasional list? I didn't know they were on the occasional and have been eating them every day. Does it really matter as long as I have under 40 net carbs per day?

M35A2
03-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Can someone tell me why green beans are on the occasional list? I didn't know they were on the occasional and have been eating them every day. Does it really matter as long as I have under 40 net carbs per day?

The sheet is there for a reason. It's based on scientific research as to what works and what doesn't. Part of the process involves the level of acidity in foods as well as carb/calories. If you want to "tweak" things you're not going to get the same results as following the process by the book. Do you love green beans so much you can't limit them to once a week?

LizJazz
03-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Help!! My family wants to eat ham for Easter. I was planning on buying a spiral ham-is that OP????
If not, what kind of ham is OP?

IP190
03-29-2013, 08:34 PM
The sheet is there for a reason. It's based on scientific research as to what works and what doesn't. Part of the process involves the level of acidity in foods as well as carb/calories. If you want to "tweak" things you're not going to get the same results as following the process by the book. Do you love green beans so much you can't limit them to once a week?
No, it isn't that at all! It's just that green beans are the cheapest vegetables offered frozen at my store and up until about a half hour ago I had no idea they were only allowed occasionally and not every day. So now I have a bunch of green beans in my freezer and no money to buy other vegetables with (because I am working on a very limited amount of money for this diet and I don't get paid for another three weeks... my food stamps also don't refill for another two weeks).

It's not that I don't want to follow by the book, I just made a mistake in reading an old sheet of mine and am trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do until I get more money.

GreatLakes86
03-29-2013, 08:43 PM
IP190

Here is my advice, and others may disagree, take it with a grain of salt.

The green beans are a higher carb veggie at 9g per 1 cup. What are you working with for your protein packets? Is it possible for you to cut out a restricted until you eat up the green beans or can get other veggies? Or reduce your carb intake by choosing lower carb protein sources?

Others can chime in. I totally understand where you're at and applaud you for not letting finances stand in the way of a healthier you. :)

IP190
03-29-2013, 08:48 PM
IP190

Here is my advice, and others may disagree, take it with a grain of salt.

The green beans are a higher carb veggie at 9g per 1 cup. What are you working with for your protein packets? Is it possible for you to cut out a restricted until you eat up the green beans or can get other veggies? Or reduce your carb intake by choosing lower carb protein sources?

Others can chime in. I totally understand where you're at and applaud you for not letting finances stand in the way of a healthier you. :)

My aunt gave me a bunch of IP packets for free. I mostly have chicken soup, hearty soup, plain crepe mix, and some other soups. I could definitely look closely at the carb amounts in my food and restrict them!

Also, the nutritional info on the beans I bought say that they have 5g carbs, 2g fiber per 1 cup. They are fine French beans, not plain 'ole green beans.

Tziri
03-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Hey everyone! Adding another HAPPY FRIDAY!!
I am starting phase 2 tomorrow (crazy!). After 21 weeks of Ideal Protein, I lost 73.6 lbs!! I am so happy; this diet has completely changed my life! I am going to do a modified version of Phases 3/4 to reach my final goal. Since I've never really been this weight as an adult or teenager, I'm ready to add lots of activity and movement into my life!
Congrats to all the losses and I hope you all have a great weekend & Easter.

GreatLakes86
03-29-2013, 09:02 PM
This might be helpful for you to look at different products carb counts.

IP190
03-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Thank you!
As soon as I get rid of these beans and have more funds, I will only eat them as directed on the sheet and find the cheapest veggie available on that list. Until then I will keep a close eye on my daily carb intake to make sure I don't go over the 25-40 range. Even if I don't get the best results, I would rather use up what I have left than quit and go back to eating fast food!

GreatLakes86
03-29-2013, 09:26 PM
Just as an FYI, cabbage is often fairly cheap and pretty versatile. You can slice it thin and roast it, saute it in a stir-fry, chop it up and add it to a salad. And there's usually not a ton of waste. You cut out the core, but the rest is good to go. Fresh greens can be on the lower end, also. And where I live turnips are a cheaper option. Good luck and way to go on your commitment!

JenRem
03-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Just as an FYI, cabbage is often fairly cheap and pretty versatile. You can slice it thin and roast it, saute it in a stir-fry, chop it up and add it to a salad. And there's usually not a ton of waste. You cut out the core, but the rest is good to go.

I agree about the cabbage. And it seems to last a long time - doesn't go bad as quickly as other veggies in the fridge.

Have any of you had the WW (Weight Watchers) veggie soup that on their plan you can have unlimited???
Well, I make that in an IP version and love having tons of cabbage in it. Just another idea. I then add fresh grilled chicken or if I'm in a hurry or tired after work, I'll just add the canned chicken breast that I get from Costco. :) Jen

IP190
03-29-2013, 11:33 PM
With the green beans and eating the lower carb packets, I'll be coming in around 20-21 net carbs per day.

Thanks for all the tips!

safetylady
03-29-2013, 11:57 PM
Happy to now have my weight slide in my signature. Night everyone.