Weight Loss Surgery - Is such weight fluctuation normal?

Sleepy
03-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Hi everyone :)

I have a situation here which I dont know if it is normal or not.

It's been now over 6 months since my gastric by pass. After four months I started to eat more but since then nothing changed in my diet. I was loosin weight. But now somethig is happening. Two weeks ago I gain 4 lbs over the night. Ok I can tolerate that..I know weight can fluctuate..and even if that four lbs frustrated me I knew it was normal. i battled the whole week to loose 2 lbs..which magicly reappeared yesterday mornig. Which still didnt make me question in that was normal. But i just weigh my self and I gain again over the night new 2 lbs..so overall I am 6 lbs heavier. Is that normal? That is a bit odd :/

jiffypop
03-29-2013, 09:17 AM
here's my two cents, FWIW. but first, yes, many people fluctuate wildly and for no real reason. BUT, it's also important to take a deep breath and take a look at what you're doing.

protein
water
low carbs
exercise

in other words, the boring stuff. Gotta say that, in my experience, at about 6 months [and from then on], I had to pay more attention to exercise than I had been, and not really about the amount of time I exercised, but more about the intensity. I found that my body readily adjusted to a certain level of activity, and in order to lose again, i had to do intervals and more work on inclines [whether it was steeper hikes or more hills or whatever]. And i had to switch up the types of exercise - biking one day, hiking the next, swimming.

it became WORK!!!!