PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support - Newcomer to Group :)

View Full Version : Newcomer to Group :)

twosixeight
03-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Hi Everyone, I recently joined 3FC last month and was excited to see they had a group for those who are trying to lose weight while also dealing with PCOS/Insulin Resistance.

A little about me: I was offically diagnosed with PCOS in the Summer of 2009,after years of knowing something wasn't right with my body. 8 months later I was diagnosed with endometriosis. My weight when I was first diagnosed was 246 and now I'm 275 here in 2013. I've tried so many diets but nothing has seemed to be the right fit for me. I will only lose 5lbs and my body will stop and then I get discourage. Right now I'm counting calories (using MFP) and trying to stick to low carb. So far its working!

I'm not currently on any meds but thinking about going on Metformin. Still haven't decided since my first experience with Metformin wasn't a good one.

I'm excited to get to know more of you on this group!

Vanessa M.
03-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Welcome!

Are you insulin resistant? For me, that would be the deal breaker as far as going on Met. I decided not to since I have never been IR, I don't really see the need to.

twosixeight
04-01-2013, 02:11 PM
My doctor thinks I'm in the gray area of insulin resistantence, which makes no sense for me. My doctor really wants to put me on Met, but I don't really see a reason to and with my bad reaction to it last time...I really don't have the desire. :(