Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 3/28/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 3/28/2013

lisa32989
03-28-2013, 06:50 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Spiritman
03-28-2013, 08:32 AM
Did my morning WI and am happy to report that I'm down another 10 pounds.:carrot: So that makes 55 pounds in 6 weeks. I don't really remember the last time I weighed this much, I know that it's been years. My body continues to keep me guessing, my pattern since starting IP has been a loss every two weeks now it decides to change things up and lose every week. I'm not complaining it sure helps the motivation to see the scale numbers move down on a weekly basis. My wardrobe availability continues to decrease as I shrink out of my old clothing. Thank goodness today is the last day of work for me for a week, any longer without a shopping trip and I might have to wrap duct tape around my clothes to keep them from falling off.

Jeaner
03-28-2013, 08:57 AM
JenRem and others that are helping me try to figure out my disappointing and confusing first weigh-in.....I reviewed JenRem's last post from 3/27.
My weight was compared to the clinic's first weigh-in. I do think my age might come into play here (pretty close to 64), as the fact that I have been on numerous diets, not always successful or long term. It has been only in the last few months I have actually been eating really bad stuff, usually tried to stick to pretty healthy stuff....just too much of it. Water, usually was 32 to 48 oz before diet. I think I was overdoing it on the salt....when roasting veggies this past week I was also using celery salt...it even tasted salty to me...which is hard to do (ha-ha....love salt!).
But all in all....my clothes are fitting better, and I don't feel as bloated. Also I know my scale is changing...and that is the scale I will be living with after this diet, so that will be the numbers I will be using on my ticker, etc.
I really don't want any other newbies to be swayed by my weird weigh-in. I really think it is a fluke. I might not be breaking records in the loss department...but any downward trend is what I want.
I also want to mention that blue jeans don't give good measurements, but that is what I started with...and what I usually wear.
Also had 2 different consultants for the two appointments!
Thanks for all of the thought and time spent on this with me. I have decided to drop the water aerobics at least for very short term. Also line dance leader called yesterday...was I coming back? Since I am pretty sedentary, I really think to continue, socially and physically is good for me. Testing this week...and see how it goes

ragdoll74
03-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Nice WI Spiritman!!!

mrskuby
03-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Did my morning WI and am happy to report that I'm down another 10 pounds.:carrot: So that makes 55 pounds in 6 weeks. I don't really remember the last time I weighed this much, I know that it's been years. My body continues to keep me guessing, my pattern since starting IP has been a lose every two weeks now it decides to change things up and lose every week. I'm not complaining it sure helps the motivation to see the scale numbers move down on a weekly basis. My wardrobe availability continues to decrease as I shrink out of my old clothing. Thank goodness today is the last day of work for me for a week, any longer without a shopping trip and I might have to wrap duct tape around my clothes to keep them from falling off.

Fantastic!!! :carrot::jig::cb::carrot::jig::cb: I've heard of duct tape prom dresses...why not duct tape slacks? :lol:

Official WI today...-1.2 lbs :carrot::carrot: Whoohoo!! I'll take it! I know things will slow down even more once I start back at the gym next week so now I am focused on figuring out exactly what I should eat before and after to keep my energy up and my weight down. It would be nice if I can find a way of eating that allows me to continue losing fat even while gaining strength...:dizzy:

mrskuby
03-28-2013, 09:10 AM
JenRem and others that are helping me try to figure out my disappointing and confusing first weigh-in.....I reviewed JenRem's last post from 3/27.
My weight was compared to the clinic's first weigh-in. I do think my age might come into play here (pretty close to 64), as the fact that I have been on numerous diets, not always successful or long term. It has been only in the last few months I have actually been eating really bad stuff, usually tried to stick to pretty healthy stuff....just too much of it. Water, usually was 32 to 48 oz before diet. I think I was overdoing it on the salt....when roasting veggies this past week I was also using celery salt...it even tasted salty to me...which is hard to do (ha-ha....love salt!).
But all in all....my clothes are fitting better, and I don't feel as bloated. Also I know my scale is changing...and that is the scale I will be living with after this diet, so that will be the numbers I will be using on my ticker, etc.
I really don't want any other newbies to be swayed by my weird weigh-in. I really think it is a fluke. I might not be breaking records in the loss department...but any downward trend is what I want.
I also want to mention that blue jeans don't give good measurements, but that is what I started with...and what I usually wear.
Thanks for all of the thought and time spent on this with me. I have decided to drop the water aerobics at least for very short term. Also line dance leader called yesterday...was I coming back? Since I am pretty sedentary, I really think to continue, socially and physically is good for me. Testing this week...and see how it goes

Honestly...it seems like you've done all the right things and you say your scale is showing a loss? I would have to wonder if their scale needs to be calibrated...:shrug: You have such a great outlook on things! Keep it up and you will get it done! :hug:

Canadiandieter
03-28-2013, 09:41 AM
WI this morning, keeping my fingers crossed. Have a great day everyone!

Cheekyskeeter
03-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Happy Thursday everyone!

Great WI spiritman and mrskuby!

Jeaner don't let it get you down! If your scale is showing a loss that's what I'd be going with.

Canadiandieter good luck at your WI today. Also, I love your new avatar picture. That colour looks great on you.

So today is my last day on P1....P2 doesn't seem to different to me but still worrying about all the changes in P3. I don't mind P1 at all but know it's time for me to start phasing off. Wish me luck!

Happymomof2
03-28-2013, 10:29 AM
I got on the scale this morning and i saw a number i have'nt seen in over 10 years! I actually stood there and cried. I am amazed at how much this IP lifestyle had changed me in 16 days! I feel so much better and healthier already! We went out last night with 3 other couples and they couldn't get over the change in my face! The puffiness is going away and i finally have a little definition in my cheeks. The best thing about this is that 3 of my friends have joined IP because of my experience so far. I'm so excited for them to reap the benefits of this, it's such a positive. This website had been such a support so far. When i've struggled i've jumped in here to find inspiring stories and any questions at all the answers are here. Thanks to everyone on here who shares there trials, success, advice or just talk, it is priceless.

IP190
03-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Hey guys! Easter is coming up and the temptation is going to be bad this year! I'm in SE Texas again and this part of my family does everything cajun-style! Can I eat crawfish on this diet? There MAY be grilled chicken there, but I know there won't be any greens (I'll have to bring my own!).

mquinn106
03-28-2013, 10:41 AM
WTG Spiritman!

Jeaner- I agree that your scale may need to be calibrated...but it's all working out if you're feeling better and clothes are fitting better :)

Canadiandieter- cute pic!

Cheekyskeeter- you're soo close!

I'm feeling great today, finally moved down a size again :) And excited to see family over the weekend for Easter that I haven't seem since Christmas...have to admit I do love the shocked faces! Have a great OP day everyone!

Saltykisses
03-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Hi everyone,
Just started IP on Monday. I have been reading here for the last few weeks and just want to thank you all for all the information, recipes and wonderful ideas that has made me determined to lose the weight. You have motivated me to take control and live a better life. I look forward to sharing my success with you and hope to inspire someone else.

DannaA
03-28-2013, 11:21 AM
I had my third weigh in yesterday and am down another 3 pounds... so 23 pounds total in 3 weeks :) I love that my spare tires are deflating :):) I wore a tighter shirt the other night when I went out for dinner and I didnt feel self conscious about it.. I felt really good :D

Delgen
03-28-2013, 11:43 AM

Regardless of your first loss, you cannot measure your success just by that, or the first WI. I like to think of the fact that I have gained control as such a victory.
If you stay on program you cannot help but lose. Just stick with it and over time it will be awesome.

Delgen
03-28-2013, 11:45 AM
I got on the scale this morning and i saw a number i have'nt seen in over 10 years! I actually stood there and cried. I am amazed at how much this IP lifestyle had changed me in 16 days! I feel so much better and healthier already! We went out last night with 3 other couples and they couldn't get over the change in my face! The puffiness is going away and i finally have a little definition in my cheeks. The best thing about this is that 3 of my friends have joined IP because of my experience so far. I'm so excited for them to reap the benefits of this, it's such a positive. This website had been such a support so far. When i've struggled i've jumped in here to find inspiring stories and any questions at all the answers are here. Thanks to everyone on here who shares there trials, success, advice or just talk, it is priceless.

WAY happy for you! It is really amazing, and what a motivator for you and for us all!

Delgen
03-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Hi everyone,
Just started IP on Monday. I have been reading here for the last few weeks and just want to thank you all for all the information, recipes and wonderful ideas that has made me determined to lose the weight. You have motivated me to take control and live a better life. I look forward to sharing my success with you and hope to inspire someone else.

So glad you are here!!!!

MntRose
03-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Its been such a good week, today is no exception!

Gotta say I see nothing but great things on weigh ins and attitude so far today *smiles* Congratulations to One and all.

Was making an order last night at Nashua Nutrition, does anyone have a discount code? Thanks <3

jeffiner
03-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Made my first order on Nashua last night..I am officially going alternative! I was concerned about doing it cause IP is working so well but when I saw the difference in cost and the similarities in the labels I realized I would be foolish not to. Cant wait for the first order to arrive...now I just havento figure out how to tell my coach..

Have a great day everyone!

Delgen
03-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Made my first order on Nashua last night..I am officially going alternative! I was concerned about doing it cause IP is working so well but when I saw the difference in cost and the similarities in the labels I realized I would be foolish not to. Cant wait for the first order to arrive...now I just havento figure out how to tell my coach..

Have a great day everyone!

I am on a reboot and have gone alternative. I see no differenes
Check out the Quest bars on questproteinbar.com
They have only 5 net carbs. :hug:

tam67green
03-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Good morning, everyone!
Congrats on the great WIs and welcome to newbies!
I had my WI last night. It was a little disapointing with only .2 loss, but I did lose inches in some places--waist and bust, I think. I had a slight increase in inches in my arms and my thigh, but I am going to attribute that to doing yoga once a week. The yoga instructor is also a cross-fit guy, so it's not the "let's get in touch with our breath and get centered" yoga, it's "let's do do these really hard strength poses" yoga. :) That's fine with me, I need to develop some muscles.
Just got an order from Nashua last night. I'm doing a mix of alternatives and IP, to lessen the strain on my wallet. My new love is the ProtiDiet Honey Nut Soy Cereal! Finally...something unrestricted AND crunchy! I ate it dry for breakfast this morning and LOVED it! I'm not much for cereal with milk, before IP a favorite snack of mine was dry cereal, like Cheerios or Oatmeal Squares. So this is perfect!
Today is my first day of spring break, so I'm trying to get some cleaning and laundry done before we head to Grandma's house for Easter this weekend...back to cleaning!
Have a great day!

workingit50
03-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Congrats to all the posted weight loss successes and NSVs.

Have a great day.

shoediva
03-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Canadiandieter- you look beautiful!

I posted this question the other night and it was late, so I didn't get any responses on that daily thread. Trying again: Does anyone feel like the EAS advantEDGE shakes keep them full for less time that other things? I love the flavor and convenience of buying them at the Walmart, but I just feel hungrier!

Thanks,
Sam

tallgirl231
03-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Had my first NSV last night. I went out to dinner with a friend of mine and he said that he can see the weight loss in my face. Yahoo. I'm down 21 pounds in 7 weeks. My other victory was we ate a lovely restaurant that was warm and had plenty of comfort food items on the menu. I ordered the rotisserie chicken and as much as I wanted to partake in the tasty skin, I removed it and replaced my mashed potatoes with green beens sauteed in olive oil. The corn bread skillet looked delicious and the warm ice cream covered choc chip cookie dessert did as well but none for me thank you. I can say that I was really OK without the cornbread. Didn't really miss it like I thought I would.

safetylady
Week three weigh in today, down 1.8 for a total of 14.4 pounds in 3 weeks. 8.4 pounds until I hit my goal!

Love love love love the program.

Suchawittygal
Top of the mornin' to all of you today! :D

Huge congrats on the Awesome weigh-ins so far today! Way to go Spiritman!!

Has anyone noticed that on the Plain Protein site they stopped the free USPS shipping that gets here in 2-3 days?? Now we have to wait 7-10 working days for our shipment if we want free shipping :?: If I'd known this I would have ordered my supplements a bit earlier. I'm most certainly going to run out now...oh well, such is life. I hope this information will help someone else! Don't wait too long to order.

Donna Gel
03-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Fantastic!!! :carrot::jig::cb::carrot::jig::cb: I've heard of duct tape prom dresses...why not duct tape slacks? :lol:

I have a feeling we shouldn't be encouraging him with the duct tape.

Lizzeelee
03-28-2013, 01:21 PM
I hope I am doing this right - new here. Had my first weigh-in yesterday and I lost 6 lbs and 6 inches! Thank you for all of the info, recipe and tips - great motivation. Looking forward to getting to know you all better :) :D

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue2/sliderbug/lb/180/140/172/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Payg05
03-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Weighed in today to end two weeks. I totally fell off the wagon last weekend but still lost a pound, down 7 pounds in two weeks! I bought some new foods as well so hopefully I can quit forcing myself to eat the soups and it'll be easier to stay on plan. I love the RTD vanilla but they were out so I'm gonna try the chocolate. Also had the WF chipotle ranch on my salad for lunch and it was great! Also, nSV today I went to Wendy's for a side salad and didn't get anything else! That's a major step for me. Also bought some of the vanilla peanut bars, hopefully those are good too.

Debrasb
03-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Back to normal after the Passover dinners earlier this week. I am proud of myself for not tasting any of the treats, and for coming up with recipes that allowed me to stay OP and give everyone a healthier (and still delicious) meal in the process.

I did find myself snacking more on extra protein and veggies while we were all cooking all day. It's definitely showing on the scale which is not putting me in a good place. These last 15 pounds are going to be tough!!

fitandfabfrog
03-28-2013, 01:56 PM
After being up all night with my darling daughter throwing up, it is hard for my brain to think straight and get myself to eat what I need to. I don't have so much a problem of eating the wrong stuff but even eating the good stuff is where I struggle when I am tired. I just want to sit on the couch and not eat anything....

Canadiandieter
03-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Thank you cheekyskeeter, mquinn106 and shoedive :). You all know how to make a girl feel great :). So WI went well, down 2.4 and 7 1/2". I take it! A loss is a loss.

Congrats to everyone on their WI's and NSV!! Cheers to a wonderful weekend :)

lumielumes
03-28-2013, 02:18 PM
How often do you use smooth move tea?

JenRem
03-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Spiritman - love those WL numbers, us women are a little envious :D

Jeaner - you are welcome. I'm glad you are in this for the long haul!

mrskuby - Congrats on the -1.2 lbs loss. You will still lose the fat while gaining the muscle. It's just that you don't see the same results on the scale as someone who is not exercising. Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are losing fat and gaining muscle, there will be a smaller "loss, ie difference" of weight on the scale. Just two different ways to approach IP. If you can "handle" the smaller loss number weekly, just remind yourself that it is because you're building those muscles - a very positive thing! Even though it will take more time to reach goal, I believe you'll be very happy with your results (tone body) when you get there!

Happymomof2 - So happy for you! Maybe you should move the tissue box so its within reach of the scale for future WI's!
I agree that this site and everything it encompasses is priceless!

IP190 - I think you can have crawfish, but not positive. Any IP gurus out there who can chime in?
You can do Easter 100% OP. You just have to decide before you get there. Take along plenty of IP packets to give you variety to pick from. Bring all your own veggies, etc. If it ends up that you can't have anything that your family has made - you will survive. It's not like you'll NEVER have these foods again. You are just choosing to not have them NOW and you can have them when you get to maintenance. Try to learn how to go to these events (family or socially) and TRULY focus on the visiting and celebrating with others. We don't have to make these events be about food, even if others do. Good Luck! You can do it! :hug:

Saltykisses - WELCOME
It won't be long before you're inspiring others, you just wait and see!

DannaA - nice WI. Congrats on 23 lbs gone forever! Isn't it great when you start feeling less self conscious about how your clothes are fitting?!?

shoediva - Sam, I don't drink the EAS advantEDGE shakes. For breakfast, I drink the Premier choc drinks from Costco and they have 30 grams of protein. Sometimes, I feel a little hungy before lunch. I think it depends on how "distracted" I am. So, if I'm working and busy I don't notice as much, whereas if I'm home and lounging around then I do. I think it might just have to do with the fact that liquids digest faster than solids. On the mornings I am feeling hungry, I just start munching on my raw veggies sooner that I have for lunch.

tallgirl231 - Congrats on the NSV - it's so nice when friends start noticing the changes! Wow, 21 lbs - WTG!
I think learning to be "satisfied" when you order a meal at a restaurant that is IP, which also = healthy and not feel mad/sad/disappointed that you didn't get to have the bread, potato, dessert, etc is a NSV in itself. When we get to maintenance, we are going to have to learn to make choices and not have ALL the extra goodies, unless it's on our cheat day.

*We all need to realize and accept the fact that we CAN'T go back to our eating habits we had before IP or we WILL gain the weight back and probably more! As hard as this concept is to accept, the sooner we (and I'm speaking to myself here as much as anyone else lol) do, the sooner we can start focusing on maintenance and the changes we need to make in all aspects of our lives to be successful. Many IP'ers who are have met goal and are maintaining will concur that however hard it is to lose the weight, the REAL work begins when you get to maintenance and have to work to keep it off! Good Luck to us ALL!

safetylady - You are 2/3 of the way to goal - AWESOME!

Lizzeelee - Nice numbers lost..... Congrats!

Payg05 - I love that you are learning what you need to do to, so that you can be 100%. Great NSV, going to a fast food restaurant and making an OP food choice; I know that's not easy! WTG!

Debrasb - way to merge the two worlds and for coming up with recipes that allowed you to stay OP and give everyone a healthier (and still delicious) meal in the process. So, not only you but everyone benefits! How cool is that!
Hang in there - you can do this 15 pounds. My advice is to not give yourself a deadline. So, don't say "I hope that by May 21 I'm at goal" (or whatever date). Ultimately, you will get there when you get there, so don't stress over that. Instead, use the time to learn more about yourself and how you plan to adapt to maintenace so you can keep this weight off FOREVER! And learn to love yourself in the process and give yourself a lot of grace!

Canadiandieter - I think it's a great loss; take it and run with it!

~ Jen

Debrasb
03-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Debrasb - way to merge the two worlds and for coming up with recipes that allowed you to stay OP and give everyone a healthier (and still delicious) meal in the process. So, not only you but everyone benefits! How cool is that!
Hang in there - you can do this 15 pounds. My advice is to not give yourself a deadline. So, don't say "I hope that by May 21 I'm at goal" (or whatever date). Ultimately, you will get there when you get there, so don't stress over that. Instead, use the time to learn more about yourself and how you plan to adapt to maintenace so you can keep this weight off FOREVER! And learn to love yourself in the process and give yourself a lot of grace!

~ Jen

Thanks so much. You know I really had been super focused on being done by the end of April, which is definitely not going to happen. I will take your advice and stop thinking dates, and try to just focus on staying OP and overall success.

SylviesGirl
03-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Hi All -- No time to read right now, but I wanted to share that I did a dumb thing last night and did not have all my protein. We went to Ci Ci's Pizza for dinner (my son's pick for a good report card), and I was relegated to the salad bar. Well, the pickings were so poor, that I barely had anything to mix the hard boiled eggs in that I brought. Not being a hard boiled egg fan, I stopped a bit short of having the whole allotment. I'm pretty sure I did not get all the veggies in either as all they had that was OP were cucumbers. Anyway, today I feel shaky and icky -- like I haven't eaten in days. I put a few egg whites into my salad at lunch and had my restricted bar, too, in order to try to get back on track.

Just wanted to remind everyone: Have all that you're supposed to have. Lesson learned. :p

Canadiandieter
03-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi All -- No time to read right now, but I wanted to share that I did a dumb thing last night and did not have all my protein. We went to Ci Ci's Pizza for dinner (my son's pick for a good report card), and I was relegated to the salad bar. Well, the pickings were so poor, that I barely had anything to mix the hard boiled eggs in that I brought. Not being a hard boiled egg fan, I stopped a bit short of having the whole allotment. I'm pretty sure I did not get all the veggies in either as all they had that was OP were cucumbers. Anyway, today I feel shaky and icky -- like I haven't eaten in days. I put a few egg whites into my salad at lunch and had my restricted bar, too, in order to try to get back on track.

Just wanted to remind everyone: Have all that you're supposed to have. Lesson learned. :p

The fact that you went to Ci Ci's Pizza and stayed at the salad bar makes me smile for you:). But, I'm sorry that your feeling icky today.

ragdoll74
03-28-2013, 03:09 PM
How often do you use smooth move tea?

I only use it when needed, which is typically once every 2-3 weeks.

mrskuby
03-28-2013, 03:32 PM
mrskuby - Congrats on the -1.2 lbs loss. You will still lose the fat while gaining the muscle. It's just that you don't see the same results on the scale as someone who is not exercising. Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are losing fat and gaining muscle, there will be a smaller "loss, ie difference" of weight on the scale. Just two different ways to approach IP. If you can "handle" the smaller loss number weekly, just remind yourself that it is because you're building those muscles - a very positive thing! Even though it will take more time to reach goal, I believe you'll be very happy with your results (tone body) when you get there!

~ Jen

Thanks Jen, I am prepared to gain a bit when I first start...hopefully I will see my measurements/clothing sizes continue to drop no matter what the scale says!

Don't you hate it when restaurants can't even do a decent salad bar? You did great resisting temptations! Make sure you eat really yummy lean protein tonight and all of your veggies and you'll be feeling better in no time!:hug:

randygrl
03-28-2013, 03:35 PM
The first thing I want to say about this website and all the wonderfule people who put so much information and encouragement out there to share. WOW!! I have been reading posts on different threads especially regarding the IP diet and am just amazed at all the gals and gents who have information, tips, and so much encouragement to offer to newbies and oldies alike. What a great website and a great bunch people out there.

Okay now a little about me.:) I just turned 30 :( last December and hate the way I feel and look. I have not always been overweight, but definately most of my adult life. It started my freshman year in college, when I gained the freshman 15 from bad food and too much beer. :D Then I met my husband and lost all the weight for our wedding. Six months later got pregnant with baby number 1. Boy did the pounds come on and of course never left my body. Five years later got pregnant with baby number 2 and even more pounds came on. I am too young to feel so old and hate my body the way that I do. I want to feel energized to play with my children and want to set a good example for them. I also am working on finishing my nursing degree and need to be healthy and strong for the work that will be ahead of me and want to also set a healthy example for my patients.

I will be going in on Friday March 29, 2013 to meet my coach, weigh in, and measure before starting the IP diet. I will not officially start until Monday April 1, 2013 to get me past the Easter holiday and give myself a couple days to prepare my meals for the first week. I am so looking forward to watching the pounds come off and my real self come out. I will definately be on this site alot for tips, recipes, and questions. I know that I will be successful and want to share my success with someone who can take my story and make theirs too.

Goodbye for now and Happy Easter this Sunday.

My height is 5' 2.5", my current weight is 203, and my BMI weight should be 125. I have 78 to go.

De11s
03-28-2013, 03:35 PM
What great WI's and NSV reports today!!! Congratulations to all!!! So glad we all have each other here. My sister and her husband were here over the weekend and between that and my Dad in the hospital for 4 days and my 6 yr old granddaughter's slumber party Fri night and Family party on Sunday. Lots of pizza and cake..I avoided it all. But missed a few IP packets. Then went to lunch Monday with my sister, her husband, our dad and step mom. We were at Applebee's so I ordered a 9oz sirloin med rare and asked for steamed broccoli with no butter or oil, and a salad with cucumbers only. I got maybe a 6oz steak med well and broccoli smothered in garlic butter and the correct salad. I mentioned the steak and chose to keep it, we were short on time so I ate the broccoli anyway also mentioning it to the waitress. Was so frustrated.
WI yesterday and down 1.4 lbs and 2.75 inches despite my crazy week. Take that APPLEBEE'S!!!:broc::broc::broc:
Sorry for the long post just needed to vent...:rollpin::tantrum: feeling much better now:D:D

De11s
03-28-2013, 03:38 PM
The first thing I want to say about this website and all the wonderfule people who put so much information and encouragement out there to share. WOW!! I have been reading posts on different threads especially regarding the IP diet and am just amazed at all the gals and gents who have information, tips, and so much encouragement to offer to newbies and oldies alike. What a great website and a great bunch people out there.

Okay now a little about me.:) I just turned 30 :( last December and hate the way I feel and look. I have not always been overweight, but definately most of my adult life. It started my freshman year in college, when I gained the freshman 15 from bad food and too much beer. :D Then I met my husband and lost all the weight for our wedding. Six months later got pregnant with baby number 1. Boy did the pounds come on and of course never left my body. Five years later got pregnant with baby number 2 and even more pounds came on. I am too young to feel so old and hate my body the way that I do. I want to feel energized to play with my children and want to set a good example for them. I also am working on finishing my nursing degree and need to be healthy and strong for the work that will be ahead of me and want to also set a healthy example for my patients.

I will be going in on Friday March 29, 2013 to meet my coach, weigh in, and measure before starting the IP diet. I will not officially start until Monday April 1, 2013 to get me past the Easter holiday and give myself a couple days to prepare my meals for the first week. I am so looking forward to watching the pounds come off and my real self come out. I will definately be on this site alot for tips, recipes, and questions. I know that I will be successful and want to share my success with someone who can take my story and make theirs too.

My height is 5' 2.5", my current weight is 203, and my BMI weight should be 125. I have 78 to go.

You can do it!!!! I am so excited to watch your progress!!!:dust:

dawn again
03-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Wow congrats on all the awesome losses this week! Hope everyone has a safe and awesome Easter weekend :)

Debrasb
03-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed that I'm pretty hungry -- definitely more than I was earlier in the program (I'm 7 months in). Anyone had this? I'm drinking all of my water and haven't changed anything with my foods.

tam67green
03-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed that I'm pretty hungry -- definitely more than I was earlier in the program (I'm 7 months in). Anyone had this? I'm drinking all of my water and haven't changed anything with my foods.

That seems to happen with me in cycles, but I haven't connected it with anything--like TOM, changes in food, etc. But every now and them I feel like I could just eat, eat, eat and I have hunger pangs. I just wait it out--hot beverages help me. I wish I could find some pattern.

BTW, love your blog and thanks for the great recipes. I have the site bookmarked. I have a packet of dark chocolate pudding sitting out beside my blender so I can have my Frosty-style drink later!

lisa32989
03-28-2013, 05:07 PM
I've been OP since Aug. Happens to me on & off.

Did the 2 coaches weigh you on the same scale or different scales?

Debrasb
03-28-2013, 05:15 PM
That seems to happen with me in cycles, but I haven't connected it with anything--like TOM, changes in food, etc. But every now and them I feel like I could just eat, eat, eat and I have hunger pangs. I just wait it out--hot beverages help me. I wish I could find some pattern.

Thanks so much (and to lisa32989 too!) for letting me know that I'm not crazy. My coach had no clue what to make of my hunger other than to say that the last 15 pounds might be super hard since I haven't been this weight since high school.

BTW, love your blog and thanks for the great recipes. I have the site bookmarked. I have a packet of dark chocolate pudding sitting out beside my blender so I can have my Frosty-style drink later!

Thank you so much for letting me know you like it! It's been a good creative outlet for me during IP, and it means so much to get feedback.

My latest packet obsession is a vanilla drink mix with added vanilla extract (alcohol free of course) and a dash of peppermint extract. Blend up with lots of ice. So good.

ragdoll74
03-28-2013, 05:34 PM
randygrl :welcome:

Debrasb - I do seem to get hungry more often now.

De11s
03-28-2013, 05:40 PM
My latest packet obsession is a vanilla drink mix with added vanilla extract (alcohol free of course) and a dash of peppermint extract. Blend up with lots of ice. So good.[/QUOTE]

This sounds delicious almost like a shamrock shake *must try*...lol

BrittStar027
03-28-2013, 05:57 PM
NSV last night... Bought three dresses a few weeks ago for an upcoming occasion, tried them on, and they're all too big now. Irritated that i have to return them, but so happy at the same time! Guess i learned my shopping lesson (wait until a little closer to the event). I guess i'll just have to calm my over-preparedness and hope i can find something last minute!

safetylady
03-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Hey guys! Easter is coming up and the temptation is going to be bad this year! I'm in SE Texas again and this part of my family does everything cajun-style! Can I eat crawfish on this diet? There MAY be grilled chicken there, but I know there won't be any greens (I'll have to bring my own!).

This will be the first Easter in over 25 years that there will be no jelly bean, peeps or choc. in our house. Both myself and my future daughter inlaw are on Ideal Protein and neither of us want to sway. Won't be having any sweetbread either, which has been an Easter tradition. The sweetbread will be in the house for my hubby and son.

I want to lose this weight and am spending way to much effort and cash to allow Easter to get in the way. I will tell myself that, 100 times then click my heels and hope for the best.

Donna Gel
03-28-2013, 06:31 PM

That's the same thing I did, signed up before the long weekend and started after. I told my coach I had to get rid of all the good food first. I started with a determination to make this succeed. The first week was a bit difficult, but after that things have gone well. Welcome to your last diet. Stick around for encouragement and
advice.

Trinkets75
03-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Happy Thursday! Sounds like some great losses this week!
I have had a crazy week with going out of town for 3 days for the first time since started, and was so proud of myself for staying OP! However, woke up during the night with a stomach bug, and now I'm struggling! All I want is some soup and crackers. Nothing else sounds good, as I'm still pretty queasy. I had the oatmeal for breakfast, and chicken noodle soup for lunch. No veggies buck the thought just made me nauseous.
Anybody have any ideas?

aliboo723
03-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Thanks so much. You know I really had been super focused on being done by the end of April, which is definitely not going to happen. I will take your advice and stop thinking dates, and try to just focus on staying OP and overall success.

I definitely needed to hear this.:hug: I had gotten used to losing 2 - 3 lbs per week and the last two weeks I have (beware of the 4 letter word) "only" lost 1 lb each week. I'm just finishing my 10th week and just thought it should be more/better. I don't know what the issue is. Anyway, I just need to do what I know works (the sheet) and get out of my own head!:dizzy:

M35A2
03-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Happy Thursday! Sounds like some great losses this week!
I have had a crazy week with going out of town for 3 days for the first time since started, and was so proud of myself for staying OP! However, woke up during the night with a stomach bug, and now I'm struggling! All I want is some soup and crackers. Nothing else sounds good, as I'm still pretty queasy. I had the oatmeal for breakfast, and chicken noodle soup for lunch. No veggies buck the thought just made me nauseous.
Anybody have any ideas?

If you're able to muster the energy you can make a veggie puree and mix it with the soup. That'll get you the vegetables without having to eat them as a solid. It'll make the soups creamier so that might be a little more soothing.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

JenRem
03-28-2013, 09:41 PM
randygrl - WELCOME and thanks for sharing a little about yourself! Have a nice Easter weekend; kind of your last hurrah! Sounds like you are more than ready to begin on Monday. Good Luck and we are all here for ya! :hug:

De11s - you did have a chaotic weekend, phew!!! It's a bummer that Applebee's messed up your order so bad. My DH and I eat there about once a week and have the 2 for $20 deal. We both get the 7oz Sirloin and instead of potato/rice get a 2nd serving of broccoli - so lots of steamed broccoli! The deal comes with a appetizer so we always get the buffalo wings to go and he takes it to work the next day for his small staff to eat. We never have problems. Maybe try them again sometime.
Great job on your WL despite all the craziness!

safetylady - I know you can do it, just go into the day with 100% determination and you will succeed. If you get tempted, remind yourself that all those Easter treats will be available next year, so it's not like you will never be able to have that kind of thing again!

Trinkets75 - when you're sick, just do the best you can. It's tough, but know that this too will pass! Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be at Whistler BC, Canada until Saturday. My DH and I went on a nice short hike to Rainbow Falls (about a mile). Normally, if there was fresh snow we would've used our snow shoes. Today, beautiful and sunny so there was only packed snow on the trail. We still had a great time and used our trekking poles. We will hit the slopes tomorrow! Jen

jeffiner
03-28-2013, 10:01 PM
I was totally busted today.. In walmart to get some last minute easter basket stuff for my kids.. My girlfriend had a bag of cadburys mini chocolate eggs..these are my absolute favorites..she opened it and for some crazy impulsive reason I reached in and grabbed a few. I popped them in my mouth and stood there savoring the taste, suddenly I hear someone clear their throat behind me, I turned around and it was my coach!!! can you believe it? I felt like a kid caught with her hand in the cookie jar! Of course I stood there stammering, I honestly didn't know what to say..she just smiled, wished me a happy easter and went on her way. Of course my girlfriend laughed all the way home!

fitandfabfrog
03-28-2013, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I have a ticker :)...you know what that means? I have been doing IP for 20 days! I cannot believe how fast the time has gone by!

GreatLakes86
03-28-2013, 10:07 PM
My latest packet obsession is a vanilla drink mix with added vanilla extract (alcohol free of course) and a dash of peppermint extract. Blend up with lots of ice. So good.

This sounds delicious almost like a shamrock shake *must try*...lol

I have kept meaning to do this, and forgetting/being lazy and just grabbing a RTD! I'm now motivated to try it tonight for my evening snack.

Where have you found alcohol free mint flavoring? I have only seen vanilla alcohol free in the grocery store. Do you order it online or is it available where you live? I'd love a brand name, if you'd be so kind. :)

I have some mint flavoring and am thinking I will use it knowing that it has a small amount of alcohol in it and just be conscious of how much I use and how often I indulge in a "shamrock shake". :)

LizJazz
03-28-2013, 10:50 PM

I am always hungry. Sometimes I think it's mental, other times my stomach is growling. I was always hungry before.....I do have PCOS and hypothyroidism.

fitandfabfrog
03-28-2013, 11:22 PM
anybody know if we can have pepperoni?

lisa32989
03-28-2013, 11:40 PM
anybody know if we can have pepperoni?

simple answer. Is it on the P1 sheet?
It isn't.
Pepperoni is pretty high fat.

Trinkets75
03-29-2013, 01:08 AM
If you're able to muster the energy you can make a veggie puree and mix it with the soup. That'll get you the vegetables without having to eat them as a solid. It'll make the soups creamier so that might be a little more soothing.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Veggie purée worked great! I had some frozen zucchini, broccoli, & cauliflower. Made chicken soup out of my stock of home canned chicken, puree the veggies with some broth from soup. Made noodles on the side for the rest of the family, and it was really good! In fact, I think I found a new way to sneak some veggies into them:)
Thanks for the tip! Feeling better now.

randygrl
03-29-2013, 02:02 AM
Thank you all for the welcome and encouragement! :) I am quite excited to get started and have been scribbling notes and questions like crazy for my coach tomorrow. I will be chatting with you all soon.
Does anyone know of someone else on this site who lives here in Fairbanks, Alaska?

GreatLakes86
03-29-2013, 02:07 AM
I do! :)

randygrl
03-29-2013, 02:20 AM
Great lakes
How long have you been on IP? Any suggestions or tips?

Chaz7887
03-29-2013, 03:15 AM
So, after losing an average of 7# the first 3 weeks, today was only 2.8. Very discouraging. But I talked with my coach about my week and she came to the conclusion I was in starvation and storing fat. My fat% went up, my lean mass went down. So, on days I work dayshift, up at 4am, I will be taking in 5 proteins to eat every 4 hours. See how this goes on Friday.

GreatLakes86
03-29-2013, 03:27 AM
I've been doing it for 9 weeks now and I've lost 24.75 lbs.

My big suggestions are to plan ahead on the veggies, but if you get in a bind, both Safeway and Freddy's have salad bars and you can get on plan veggies there. The clinic is the only place in town that I've seen the individually packaged WF dressings. I try to balance my veggies in terms of carbs and price...when peppers go on sale (2 for 3 bucks right now at Freds!) I get those....cauliflower is a nice treat....I buy mixed greens because they are usually cheaper. And the allowable root veggies like turnips and rutabagas are cheaper, too.

Since meat is more expensive here than other parts of the country, I do a lot of eggs as protein. I'm a big fan of breakfast for dinner...4 oz of ground turkey cooked with sage, garlic powder, black pepper and a drizzle of WF syrup and 2 eggs plus some sauteed spinach is a go-to meal for me.

I have it a bit easier because I'm usually cooking for just myself or a very supportive friend. I add in a carb for him and he eats whatever protein and veggies I'm having.

If you haven't tried the Big Mac in a Bowl...do it. You can cook the ground beef ahead of time and everything else comes together really quickly after a day at work. Same thing with seasoning the meat with taco seasoning and having it as a taco salad. And the crockpot has been great, too. Put in a roast or a whole chicken and come home to enough meat for a couple of meals. I'm a big fan of chicken "fajitas" with mexican seasoned chicken and red/orange peppers over a bed of shredded lettuce with some WF Ranch and Frank's Red Hot sauce.

Hope that gives you some ideas....anything in particular you are wondering about? It seems like our clinic is a good one compared to many of the horror stories I've heard here.