Ideal Protein Diet - Phase 1 acceptable tortilla's?

View Full Version : Phase 1 acceptable tortilla's?

lmshort
03-26-2013, 10:06 AM
I found these tortillas at the store yesterday. They have 14 grams of carbs, 9 grams of fiber, and 5 grams of protein. Would they be ok to eat?

Msbehaving
03-26-2013, 10:31 AM
I don't think so. I've been making a sort of "tortilla/wrap" by using either the IP pancake/crepe mix, tomato soup mix or potato puree. The last two are not restricted. They are pretty easy to make (search for recipes on 3FC) and adding different herbs gives them different flavors.

Maile
03-26-2013, 10:39 AM
I agree..use the IP packets and make a tortilla..also people have made cauliflower like tortillas. I use lettuce leaves for a tortilla. romaine!

LexiChanel1
03-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Malie,

You have done awesome at maintaining, bravo to you:) I hope I can do it as well.

scorbett1103
03-26-2013, 11:52 AM
I found these tortillas at the store yesterday. They have 14 grams of carbs, 9 grams of fiber, and 5 grams of protein. Would they be ok to eat?

Nope. Anything not on your sheet needs to be 0 carbs, 0 fat and 0 sugars. You also can't use it as a replacement for a packet as it does not have nearly enough protein.

As others have mentioned, you can "hack" some of the packets to make tortillas, or you can use 2 egg whites to make a base for a wrap.

Shawsy
03-26-2013, 03:48 PM
... I use lettuce leaves for a tortilla. romaine!

This is by far the simplest solution during Phase 1. Romaine leaves make perfect wraps.

When you have a family of 4, only one of whom is on IP, it can be a bit of a challenge cooking a dinner that all can enjoy. The easiest solution for me is to cook one main course protein which I have with vegetables and served on a bed of lettuce or spinach, but which the rest of the family enjoys with potatoes or tortillas or whatever other starchy goodness they want.