Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 3/26/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 3/26/2013

lisa32989
03-26-2013, 06:06 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Cheekyskeeter
03-26-2013, 06:27 AM
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. I'm fighting a stomach flu right now so think I will be staying home on my couch today. I managed to get in all my food yesterday even though the last thing I want to do is eat. I hate being sick.

ginettepv
03-26-2013, 06:52 AM
Hello,

In Toronto for work for 3 days this week. Well NSV yesterday. Did some shopping to get some spring clothes as my closet is almost empty.

Well I be damn, I bought medium, fits nicely, not even tight and not even close to my goal weight. wow Only bought 2 stretch tops so I can wear them for a while, but I honestly think the last time I bought medium was when I was dating my husband over 25 years ago. What a feeling. :carrot:

On a funny note, spend most of my shopping time looking for a sleeveless pj I could wear while I get ready in the morning (lots of hot flashes when getting ready) or walk in my backyard during the summer. I am literally floating in my pjs.

Problem wasn't the sizes, but could not find a pj that was NOT see through unless is was granny style with a flowered print or so short, well you get the drift. I know I am a grandmother, but just not ready to wear those kinds of pjs.

I surely am not the only one who need a pj presentable in front of family and friends... really. quite the eye opener. Not even The Bay or Sears, two stores at the Eaton Center that have like 6 floors or more. Any way, 3 hours later, no pj, but 2 beautiful medium tops.

Just thought I'd share my pj story. Have a great day everyone.

Suzali
03-26-2013, 06:56 AM
Ginettepv: congrats on the NSV! I love the pj story,

Suzali
03-26-2013, 06:57 AM
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. I'm fighting a stomach flu right now so think I will be staying home on my couch today. I managed to get in all my food yesterday even though the last thing I want to do is eat. I hate being sick.

I hope you feel better soon!

lisa32989
03-26-2013, 06:59 AM
On a funny note, spend most of my shopping time looking for a sleeveless pj I could wear while I get ready in the morning (lots of hot flashes when getting ready) or walk in my backyard during the summer. I am literally floating in my pjs.

Problem wasn't the sizes, but could not find a pj that was NOT see through unless is was granny style with a flowered print or so short, well you get the drift. I know I am a grandmother, but just not ready to wear those kinds of pjs.

I surely am not the only one who need a pj presentable in front of family and friends... really.
That's why I wear big t shirts with workout-type shorts or yoga pants!

wildviolets
03-26-2013, 07:40 AM
Hi Ladies,
Do any of you use a website to track your calories and nutrients? I use Loseit on my phone but it's too confusing to make another account. He's have stomach and allergy issues and I want to start tracking what he's eating.

THanks for your help.

DRegan
03-26-2013, 08:03 AM

Oh so sorry you have that dreaded stomach flu!
Hope you feel better soon! Nothing worse is what I say!

WI tonight, scale at home says down 2, but by the end of the
day that could be 1 at the clinic. Any loss is a good loss!!!!:D
Ill take it. Okay off to work!
Have a great day everyone! Stay OP!!!
Ttyal!

D

Donna Gel
03-26-2013, 08:17 AM
WI this morning, won't even hazard a guess this time as I have been so wrong before. I know I have lost both pounds and inches.

I am out of everything this morning, so I will have to shop while I am there. Because I don't get to the clinic every week I buy a couple at a time.

I read a lot about using alternatives and I have thought about it. I decided to stay 100% IP. I don't want to mess with a good thing. This is working therefore I want to stay with it, as is. My coach is as determined that I succeed as I am so loyalty plays a big part.

M35A2
03-26-2013, 08:34 AM
I read a lot about using alternatives and I have thought about it. I decided to stay 100% IP. I don't want to mess with a good thing. This is working therefore I want to stay with it, as is. My coach is as determined that I succeed as I am so loyalty plays a big part.

I feel the same way about my coach as well. DW and I do use Quest Bars on occasion due to the convenience. It's a lot easier to drop a bar in your pocket when you're on the go versus trying to deal with a shaker.

Canadiandieter
03-26-2013, 08:37 AM
Hello,

In Toronto for work for 3 days this week. Well NSV yesterday. Did some shopping to get some spring clothes as my closet is almost empty.

Well I be damn, I bought medium, fits nicely, not even tight and not even close to my goal weight. wow Only bought 2 stretch tops so I can wear them for a while, but I honestly think the last time I bought medium was when I was dating my husband over 25 years ago. What a feeling. :carrot:

I surely am not the only one who need a pj presentable in front of family and friends... really. quite the eye opener. Not even The Bay or Sears, two stores at the Eaton Center that have like 6 floors or more. Any way, 3 hours later, no pj, but 2 beautiful medium tops.

First, congrats on the "Mediums"! What a great accomplishment! On another note, I live in Toronto. If you need PJ's that are not see through and family appropriate, try a store by the name of "La Senza" or "La Vie En Rose". I would imagine you could find what you are looking for there :)

Cheekyskeeter
03-26-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm also staying 100% IP as I love my coach and its working so decided not to mess with a good thing. I've only got a few more weeks with her so even though I'd love to save some money I will wait it out.

pocahontas812
03-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Hi Ladies,
Do any of you use a website to track your calories and nutrients? I use Loseit on my phone but it's too confusing to make another account. He's have stomach and allergy issues and I want to start tracking what he's eating.

THanks for your help.

My Fitness Pal. You can set up the account (it's free) and enter food, exercise, etc online. If you download the app to your phone (also free) you can make entries that way. The app and online site sync with each other.

SylviesGirl
03-26-2013, 09:38 AM
I'm just keepin' on keepin' on over here. WI tomorrow. I hope it will be a good result, but I am setting my mind to be okay with whatever it shows. I have stayed OP, but I did a lot of physical exertion over the weekend (tiling and grouting) and TOM is here. I've been hungrier this week. I am looking at that as an "opportunity to use my 'stores'!" ;)

Have a good day, all!

P.S. What a great discussion yesterday! Very interesting and insightful.

Suzali
03-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Hi Ladies,

THanks for your help.

I use My Fitness Pal, very easy, I've never had to add any foods manually, everything I've entered is in the database. I don't like tracking what I eat so you know this has to be easy!

Suzali
03-26-2013, 09:47 AM
Had my WI this morning, lost 3 pounds for 2 weeks. So excited to see the 140's next WI! (how's that for optimism?):dizzy:

dawn again
03-26-2013, 10:07 AM

Sorry you are sick! Hope you feel better soon :)

Hello,

That is awesome! I have outgrown all my old clothes now! Guess I will have to start shopping too. And all my pjs are hanging like sacks on me too. LOL

My Fitness Pal. You can set up the account (it's free) and enter food, exercise, etc online. If you download the app to your phone (also free) you can make entries that way. The app and online site sync with each other.

I use my fitness pal too. Would like to be friends with you guys if you are on it. My name on there is Mikesgirl71.

Had my WI this morning, lost 3 pounds for 2 weeks. So excited to see the 140's next WI! (how's that for optimism?):dizzy:

Way to go!

workingit50
03-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Getting ready for my day. Filled up 5 water bottles, reminded me of the days when my kids were babies in preparing bottles and diaper bags. It's kinda of the same thing that you need to be that prepared to go out the door.

Have a great OP day!

MustangMolly
03-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Wanted to share this recipe I found on Pinterest. I know many of us have tried the kale chips, but find kale bitter.
Cheesy Nacho Spinach Chips
Measurements will depend on personal taste and amount of spinach.

Bunch of clean, dry spinach (With stems removed)
Oil (Olive, Grape Seed, ect.)
Chili Powder
Cumin
Garlic Powder
Nutritional Yeast
Pinch of Salt and Pepper

1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Add spinach to a large bowl. A large bowl is better so the fairly delicate spinach leaves have space to mix. Add enough oil to lightly coat the spinach, don’t drench it. Mix spinach gently, scooping around the sides of the bowl.
3. Add seasoning, gradually while mixing. (For seasoning I used about even amounts of garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder, more nutritional yeast, and a little salt and pepper .)
4. Lay one layer of spinach on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. You don’t want to have spinach overlapping or it won’t dry out evenly.
5. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. You’ll probably want to check on them at about 8-10 minutes, and after that keep an eye on them until they’re crispy

lumielumes
03-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Ok I need some Big C help. I have tried Smooth Move tea and it doesn't work that well for me. I have tried psylium husk and that didn't work that well. I don't want to buy the Novi-Lax because it is expensive. Any other ideas of what I can try? Thanks!

dawn again
03-26-2013, 11:04 AM
I use Miralax. I take a capful every day and have no problems anymore.

scorbett1103
03-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Ok I need some Big C help. I have tried Smooth Move tea and it doesn't work that well for me. I have tried psylium husk and that didn't work that well. I don't want to buy the Novi-Lax because it is expensive. Any other ideas of what I can try? Thanks!

Remember that psyllium husk is NOT a stimulant, so it takes a few days to a week of taking every day for it to have an effect. Same with Miralax, although that usually produces a result in two to three days.

Also did you steep the smooth move tea for a long time before drinking it? You need to let it sit in the water for at LEAST ten minutes. When I use the tea, I actually put it in a cup of hot tap water when I first wake up, let it sit on the counter while I get the kids ready for school. About a half hour later, I heat up the cup in the microwave and then drink it. The longer you steep, the stronger the effect.

mrskuby
03-26-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm just keepin' on keepin' on over here. WI tomorrow. I hope it will be a good result, but I am setting my mind to be okay with whatever it shows. I have stayed OP, but I did a lot of physical exertion over the weekend (tiling and grouting) and TOM is here. I've been hungrier this week. I am looking at that as an "opportunity to use my 'stores'!" ;)

Have a good day, all!

P.S. What a great discussion yesterday! Very interesting and insightful.

Here's hoping that your WI is a good one! But it sounds like you have the right mindset...if this week isn't good cause of TOM and muscles, then next week will be a whoosh for sure!

Wanted to share this recipe I found on Pinterest. I know many of us have tried the kale chips, but find kale bitter.

Chili Powder
Cumin
Garlic Powder
Nutritional Yeast
Pinch of Salt and Pepper

1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Add spinach to a large bowl. A large bowl is better so the fairly delicate spinach leaves have space to mix. Add enough oil to lightly coat the spinach, don’t drench it. Mix spinach gently, scooping around the sides of the bowl.
3. Add seasoning, gradually while mixing. (For seasoning I used about even amounts of garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder, more nutritional yeast, and a little salt and pepper .)
4. Lay one layer of spinach on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. You don’t want to have spinach overlapping or it won’t dry out evenly.
5. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. You’ll probably want to check on them at about 8-10 minutes, and after that keep an eye on them until they’re crispy

These sound great! I had asked here about nutritional yeast before and the general consensus was that it isn't okay for P1. I still want to try it but I can't find it anywhere! Does it give you that bit of cheese flavor?

mrskuby
03-26-2013, 11:21 AM
For the past couple of weeks my weight has basically maintained the same and still looks the same as of this morning but NSV... I am down a notch on my belt so something is happening! I haven't been 100% (which is why I haven't been posting)...I haven't fallen off the wagon but it's getting harder and harder to resist just a taste of this or a small glass of wine (which leads to another). My hat's off to those of you who have been 100% for so long!

I am planning on starting back at Bootcamp classes next week. I am not too worried about slow losses as I am already experiencing them. I have to buckle down and start training for the Tough Mudder because I really want to complete every obstacle! I'm kinda scared of the monkey bars and anything else that will require me to lift my body weight with my arms! But I am going to do my best to be prepared!

Tziri
03-26-2013, 11:23 AM
I use myfitnesspal too! Love that app. Hope everyone is having a great week (I'm ready for it to be over!).

lumielumes
03-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Remember that psyllium husk is NOT a stimulant, so it takes a few days to a week of taking every day for it to have an effect. Same with Miralax, although that usually produces a result in two to three days.

Also did you steep the smooth move tea for a long time before drinking it? You need to let it sit in the water for at LEAST ten minutes. When I use the tea, I actually put it in a cup of hot tap water when I first wake up, let it sit on the counter while I get the kids ready for school. About a half hour later, I heat up the cup in the microwave and then drink it. The longer you steep, the stronger the effect.

I steeped the smooth move tea for 15 mins each time. Maybe I will try it a little longer. Thanks for the advice.

my31rewards
03-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Been MIA for a while (crazy busy with tax season) but staying 100% OP. Have lost 32lbs already and everyone is starting to notice the difference in my appearance. Just wanted to check in and say Hi and see how everyone was doing.

PacNW IP
03-26-2013, 12:08 PM
For the past couple of weeks my weight has basically maintained the same and still looks the same as of this morning but NSV... I am down a notch on my belt so something is happening! I haven't been 100% (which is why I haven't been posting)...I haven't fallen off the wagon but it's getting harder and harder to resist just a taste of this or a small glass of wine (which leads to another). My hat's off to those of you who have been 100% for so long!

I totally agree. Those who have been so diligent for so long truly have an amazing accomplishment to celebrate! You all are truly an inspiration!

bubbleblower
03-26-2013, 12:10 PM

I had the same issue, and wanted something that would be presentable out on the patio in the mornings. If you look at the right side of the picture on this page: http://caribbeancanvascompany.com/ you see what I found to fit the bill. Unfortunately, the only place I have found these is in Cayman so far, although Caribbean Canvas keeps indicating they'll be starting online sales soon. I'll let you know if that happens. (I *love* all of their stuff!) I have these in three different colors so far, and they're made out of the softest tee shirt material!

I am planning on starting back at Bootcamp classes next week. I am not too worried about slow losses as I am already experiencing them.

I'm at about the same point, and have started back with regular exercising this week. I really didn't feel I should put it off any longer, and it's helping with my whole attitude. I'm still trying to get a feel for what I want my final goal to be, and I'm not sure I can make that decision until I tone up a bit.

DoingitDeb
03-26-2013, 12:12 PM
I have been busy as well, but have taken some time off this week...IP still going well, tried puffs this week I really enjoy them. I also enjoy the cereal with cinnamon. My mainstays seem to be the RTD chocolate and strawberry/banana.

my31rewards
03-26-2013, 12:19 PM
I find lots of presentable - ungranny pjs at Kohl's.

LizJazz
03-26-2013, 12:21 PM
I have been thinking about what I can cook for Easter. The big hand that they sell with the brown sugar packet to pour ontop-do you think the ham would be okay (without the sugar on it)??

safetylady
03-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Had a great NSV today!! We had a large sheet cake for an employee today and as always stepped up to cut the cakes and help put onto the plates. Had frosting and cake all over my hands but was not even tempted to have a piece, bite or even tad of the cake!

Just finishing week 3 this upcoming Thursday. Have made myself realize what a little cheat may do to my progress.

Thanks - this board helps me with this journey so very much.

kellyrn
03-26-2013, 12:39 PM

My doctor explained that I should not use fiber capsules because they often contain carbs. He recommends Miralax or Mag Citrate (for extreme circumstances). lol

pinkeetoz
03-26-2013, 12:41 PM
I have been on the diet for 21 days and I am down 11 lbs. I did do a cheat day and it put me back for a few days. I am still thrilled with my weight loss, though. I have dieted the past few years and never could get under 170 lbs. I am at 164lbs today. Yaayyy!!

getnlean
03-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Another food day at work today to avoid. Usually doesn't bother me, but for some reason today I am hungry and keep thinking about it. I have my 6 week weigh in tonight to keep me focused though!

Thanks for all the posts.....keeps me motivated.

IdealProteinNewbie
03-26-2013, 01:20 PM
I have been thinking about what I can cook for Easter. The big hand that they sell with the brown sugar packet to pour ontop-do you think the ham would be okay (without the sugar on it)??

I haven't found any spiral or boneless hams that don't contain sugar in the ingredients (excluding the glaze, that's a given).

If you come across one please let me know!

Suzali
03-26-2013, 01:54 PM

Spinach blended into my morning shake and a probiotic seem to do the trick for me.

JenRem
03-26-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm fighting a stomach flu right now so think I will be staying home on my couch today. I hate being sick.

Hope you feel better! BTW, I probably missed the post somewhere on my traveling days, but how did the music jam go???

Well NSV yesterday. I bought medium, fits nicely, not even tight and not even close to my goal weight.
I know I am a grandmother, but just not ready to wear those kinds of pjs.

Great NSV! Love fitting into smaller clothes, being surprised by the size and having them fit comfortably - WTG!
Hopefully, you'll never be ready to wear those type of grandma pjs - lol!

Any loss is a good loss!!!!:D

The BEST Attitude, WTG! Don't sweat over the small stuff, right?!!

Good Luck on your WI :)
Totally great decision to stay 100% on IP products. I mostly went to alternatives for the selection (not the cost, although that's nice too). I wasn't a big fan of a lot of the IP drinks and puddings; I guess I'm pickier than I thought lol. I wanted to find more options for non-restricted items and I did with alternatives.

Love just keepin' on keepin' on!
Good Luck with your WI.
Did you have a 4rth packet over the weekend when you did extra physical work? It's important for your muscles!

WOW! - you are getting so close to goal. Congrats :carrot:
Here's to the 140's - cheers!

NSV... I am down a notch on my belt so something is happening! I haven't been 100% (which is why I haven't been posting)...I haven't fallen off the wagon but it's getting harder and harder to resist just a taste of this or a small glass of wine (which leads to another).
I have to buckle down and start training for the Tough Mudder because I really want to complete every obstacle! I'm kinda scared of the monkey bars and anything else that will require me to lift my body weight with my arms!

Great NSV! Please, still participate even if you haven't been 100%. This site is meant to be supportive in all apsects of everyones WL journey. And I believe that there is a large spectrum within our audience: on one side are the die hard 100% who think this is the easiest process ever and on the other end are the people struggling and don't feel like they will be able to make it one more day. All of us on this spectrum are important and worthwhile. The ones that are struggling need to hear from one another so they don't feel alone in this process. Hang in there! We're here for ya! :hug: Jen
Tough Mudder.....WOW - one of these days I want to do something like this!
Yeah, I wish those monkey bars were as easy as when we were kids! I know that my upper body is so much weaker than my lower body; wish that wasn't the case - something I'll have to work on down the road.

Been MIA for a while (crazy busy with tax season) but staying 100% OP. Have lost 32lbs already and everyone is starting to notice the difference in my appearance. Just wanted to check in and say Hi and see how everyone was doing.

Thanks for checking in. April 16th is just around the corner - Hang in there! Great job on 32 lbs lighter; you must feel awesome!

Had a great NSV today!! We had a large sheet cake for an employee today and as always stepped up to cut the cakes and help put onto the plates. Had frosting and cake all over my hands but was not even tempted to have a piece, bite or even tad of the cake!
Thanks - this board helps me with this journey so very much.

Great NSV. It does get easier.... the being around tempting food and saying "no". If it doesn't bother you too much, I really like to serve the dessert, it makes it a lot less noticeable that you aren't having any. And by the time you are done serving, people are already finishing and no one notices that you don't have a plate or aren't having any. :)

I have been on the diet for 21 days and I am down 11 lbs. I did do a cheat day and it put me back for a few days. I am still thrilled with my weight loss, though. I have dieted the past few years and never could get under 170 lbs. I am at 164lbs today. Yaayyy!!

Congrats on getting below the 170's - that's Awesome! WTG! Was the cheat day something your coach recommended or did you plan it?
Most IP'ers chose not to cheat or have any "cheat days" - have you seen the "cost of cheating" Thread?
*note - not judging or guilting you..... Just wanted to make you aware. It seems some coaches include "cheat days" and beginning IPer's don't realize that this is not the "norm". :) Jen

Cheekyskeeter
03-26-2013, 02:04 PM
The jam went great JenRem thanks for asking!! :D

lisa32989
03-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Do any of you use a website to track your calories and nutrients?
I'm on My Fitness Pal too! I think it works great & can sync to computer, iPad and phone!

Chili Powder
Cumin
Garlic Powder
Nutritional Yeast
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
Ah, but nutritional yeast is not on the P1 sheet. I just looked up nutritional info and it isn't 0/0/0 so it doesn't qualify there, either. Sure sounds good, tho! I'll remember it for maintenance!

JenRem
03-26-2013, 02:10 PM
The jam went great JenRem thanks for asking!! :D

Great; glad to hear it! Do you have plans to join the group again?
I just imagine your Dad being so proud and happy watching you play the guitar! :hug:

fitandfabfrog
03-26-2013, 02:15 PM
After a good WI again yesterday, I am even MORE motivated to stay 100% OP...love seeing the results and cannot wait to get past the 160 block I have always had...hopefully in 2 more weeks I will be back in the 150s!

Seems like temptations are everywhere, but finding a way to be prepared has helped me get through all of them so far. It is such an exhilarating feeling to be strong even when everyone else is eating something you can't!

My hardest temptation so far has been FRUIT. I want it so bad :)!! I hope I will be done and on maintenance when all the fruit comes into season this summer.

mrskuby
03-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Great NSV! Please, still participate even if you haven't been 100%. This site is meant to be supportive in all apsects of everyones WL journey. And I believe that there is a large spectrum within our audience: on one side are the die hard 100% who think this is the easiest process ever and on the other end are the people struggling and don't feel like they will be able to make it one more day. All of us on this spectrum are important and worthwhile. The ones that are struggling need to hear from one another so they don't feel alone in this process. Hang in there! We're here for ya! :hug: Jen
Tough Mudder.....WOW - one of these days I want to do something like this!
Yeah, I wish those monkey bars were as easy as when we were kids! I know that my upper body is so much weaker than my lower body; wish that wasn't the case - something I'll have to work on down the road. Jen

Thanks, Jen! You are always so supportive! The funny thing is that I don't feel like I am struggling really bad... I do great 5 1/2 days/week..then Friday night and all of Sat just find myself following the rules a little too loosely. i am aware that it is slowing my losses but I do it anyways! LOL But even if the scale isn't moving, the notches on my belt are so I still must be doing something right!:smug:

I am really not looking forward to the monkey bars since they will prolly be situated over a big pit of ice water! I'd really like to be able to get across without swimming! :p

After a good WI again yesterday, I am even MORE motivated to stay 100% OP...love seeing the results and cannot wait to get past the 160 block I have always had...hopefully in 2 more weeks I will be back in the 150s!

Seems like temptations are everywhere, but finding a way to be prepared has helped me get through all of them so far. It is such an exhilarating feeling to be strong even when everyone else is eating something you can't!

My hardest temptation so far has been FRUIT. I want it so bad :)!! I hope I will be done and on maintenance when all the fruit comes into season this summer.

I've never been one to crave fruit but this diet is def making me miss it! I've been having peach tea with a squeeze of lemon to substitute for juice...it almost works! LOL:D

MustangMolly
03-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Here's hoping that your WI is a good one! But it sounds like you have the right mindset...if this week isn't good cause of TOM and muscles, then next week will be a whoosh for sure!

These sound great! I had asked here about nutritional yeast before and the general consensus was that it isn't okay for P1. I still want to try it but I can't find it anywhere! Does it give you that bit of cheese flavor?

I haven't tried these yet so I can't speak to the flavor.

I'm on My Fitness Pal too! I think it works great & can sync to computer, iPad and phone!

Ah, but nutritional yeast is not on the P1 sheet. I just looked up nutritional info and it isn't 0/0/0 so it doesn't qualify there, either. Sure sounds good, tho! I'll remember it for maintenance!

I thought I would give them a try without the nutritional yeast. I don't really know what that will add, or detract from the recipe.

ladylunk
03-26-2013, 02:42 PM

Wow 150's, I haven't been there since right after high school. I have always been a huge fluctuator on the weight. So for your fruit craving have you had any rhubarb yet? This does it for me. I put frozen rhubarb on stove with some fresh ginger cut up really small and a couple tablespoons of water. I add cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, and some stevia or splenda and cook until it's all broken down. Then I add wf syrup if it is still too tart. Great fruity feeling snack for me anyway. Way to stay strong.

Just starting packing and deciding what food items to bring. I kind of want to pack my coconut oil and stevia. Thinking about all the stuff my mom won't have. I know I am not going to be maintaining 100%, but the thought of not having some of my staples is also a little scary. I can't see me going a whole week without roasting some cabbage or cauliflower. Although will have to wait till my dad is out of the house he can't stand the smell. Hard to believe he did IP on mushrooms, peppers, green beans, and asparagus. That's it! And the majority was the mushrooms.

So today I got my height measured and am half an inch taller than I had guessed at when I started. I know as a teenager I was close to 5 foot 10, but also know I have shrunk a bit. Guess not as much as I thought. So that's good news as it brings me much closer to a non overweight bmi. Still some work to do though.

Congrats to all the people with good weigh ins and good luck to those heading to one.

iKande03
03-26-2013, 02:44 PM
The start of day 4 and I couldn't resist getting on the scale. I am happy to say I am 4 pounds down!! This program really works! Thanks so much for all your stories, support and motivation.

JenRem
03-26-2013, 02:52 PM
mylast diet - from post very early this morning but on yesterdays Thread.
WELCOME BACK - WTG on 8 lb loss on 1st WI :carrot: ; that is Awesome !!! :D

JenRem
03-26-2013, 02:56 PM
The start of day 4 and I couldn't resist getting on the scale. I am happy to say I am 4 pounds down!! This program really works! Thanks so much for all your stories, support and motivation.

WTG! I know how important seeing the change on the scale matters the first week when you are feeling so miserable "detoxing" from carb city. You NEED that motivation to justify continuing on. Hope that 4 lbs loss continues to grow at your first official WI. Good Luck! :carrot:

SylviesGirl
03-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Love just keepin' on keepin' on!
Good Luck with your WI.
Did you have a 4rth packet over the weekend when you did extra physical work? It's important for your muscles!

I did, actually. Thanks for checking on me! ;) I really had to force it in, though, and then, after, I felt so full -- I didn't like it. That's kind of amazing, because just 7 weeks ago, I was eating at least 3 times what I am eating now -- and much worse food -- and thought nothing of it.

My arms are still aching today. That doesn't mean I should have another extra packet, though, does it?

Thanks again~

MrsKuby -- Good to see you! I have noticed your absence. Good for you on starting your workouts and getting your head straight first.

JenRem
03-26-2013, 03:03 PM
My arms are still aching today. That doesn't mean I should have another extra packet, though, does it?

I don't think so.....I'd say no, but I will defer the question to one of the IP gurus.
However, if today or any other day you are still feeling hungy, but have had all your daily protocol food - I know that people will have a little extra protein, like egg whites, etc. Jen

fitandfabfrog
03-26-2013, 03:05 PM
ladylunk: Thanks for the idea. In the past I have tried rhubarb and hated it but now my tastes have changed so maybe I will try again!

iKande03: Isn't it awesome to feel like you are going to succeed! Way to go!

SylviesGirl
03-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Ladylunk -- You must have read my mind as I have some frozen rhubarb that I have been wanting to make, but wasn't sure how yet. I don't have the supplies to make the crumble. I will do just what you wrote and may throw in the jicama to mellow it out a bit. Thanks so much!~

I'm feeling a bit weepy, sluggish, and moody today . . . perhaps this signals a whooosh?? (Lisa, how's that for positive reframing??!! ;) )

I can't find an Easter ham I trust, either. I picked up a turkey breast -- I'll still make the ham (and other traditionals) for the others. I've just decided that, for myself, I am doing things differently this year - a means to an end. Next year, provided I stay OP, I will have more options.

Cheekyskeeter
03-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Great; glad to hear it! Do you have plans to join the group again?
I just imagine your Dad being so proud and happy watching you play the guitar! :hug:

Thank you. Yes I will join them again for sure.

ginettepv
03-26-2013, 03:29 PM
First, congrats on the "Mediums"! What a great accomplishment! On another note, I live in Toronto. If you need PJ's that are not see through and family appropriate, try a store by the name of "La Senza" or "La Vie En Rose". I would imagine you could find what you are looking for there :)

Hi Canadian dieter, I did those stores, they were the short ones I would not like to bend over in haha. I guess I'll have to get a tank top and shorts. I am way too hot in t-shirts also. The joys of menopause. That's o.k.

I have to see about the caribean outfits. Thanks everyone.

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-26-2013, 03:30 PM
Hello everyone..... I hope you're all having a great day! So, I'm feeling great and all, but I think I packed my food wrong today. ( 2 unrestricted, 1 restricted) Maybe you all can answer that question for me.

Is the IP Chicken Ala King packet an unrestricted? If so, is there any real detriment to skipping my restricted for the day?

JenRem
03-26-2013, 03:39 PM
gottawork -

I hope you are out there or get this post........ I was traveling on Sunday and so I didn't check-in here. I was on yesterday; today had a few minutes and went back and read Sunday's Daily Chat. So, just now saw your posts......

If you are going to do the IP products (vs. alternatives), they are a little cheaper than the clinics, but still pricey. Here is how I worked the discount....

Note: Scorbett says that the amount you have to spend is now $165 (it used to be $75).

www.plainprotein.com? They use priority mail so you'll receive your order pretty quick from them. I have been able to use the month typed into the promo code box (doesn't seem to be case sensitive) to get a 10% discount. However, I don't know how much you have to spend to get it! Some people have said that the amount you have to spend can vary from month to month. If you can afford to spend a little.... When I want to place an order, I usually put in any item and choose a large quantity, say like 6 of them. If the discount shows up, then I will back off the quantity to 5 of them. And so on and so on, until I determine how much I HAVE to spend to get the discount. Then, I erase the order and start over with what I really want to buy and make decisions based on what I want and how much I have to spend. Hope this helps. Jen

Also, you don't have enough information on your personal profile for me to IM you. If you change this, feel free to IM me directly and I can get you the answer directly.
EVERYONE on here is great and can answer questions for you anytime.

Good Luck - please, keep posting and let us know how you are doing!!!

mrskuby
03-26-2013, 03:44 PM
MrsKuby -- Good to see you! I have noticed your absence. Good for you on starting your workouts and getting your head straight first.

I've been lurking..just being extra careful not to post anything that might be construed as negative. I've been keeping an eye on you! ;) You're doing great! :D

Donna Gel
03-26-2013, 04:07 PM
WI today down 18 in total and 9.5 inches.

dawn again
03-26-2013, 04:21 PM
WI today down 18 in total and 9.5 inches.

Wow that is awesome! I know you are doing a happy dance :)

tam67green
03-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Happy Tuesday, everyone! I thought I'd share a new veggie idea with you. I made this for dinner last night--roasted cabbage. It's actually a Martha Stewart recipe that I found online!

ROASTED CABBAGE
Slice your cabbage into 1' thick rounds (I actually cut the rounds in half. It tends to fall apart, just handle it gently)
Brush the bottom of a sheet pan with olive oil, put cabbage on the pan, then brush the top of each slice with olive oil. I used olive oil spray.
Add salt and pepper to taste. I also added garlic powder and onion powder. Per Martha's suggestion, I also added fennel seed, but think I will skip that next time. I'm not a big fan of that taste.
Bake at 400 for about 30-40 minutes.

Yum! I love roasted veggies...I'm beginning to think I could roast anything with olive oil, garlic powder and onion powder and it would be good!
:)

M35A2
03-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Is the IP Chicken Ala King packet an unrestricted? If so, is there any real detriment to skipping my restricted for the day?

Chicken Ala King is unrestricted. As long as you have 3 packets a day you're fine. Lots of folks don't do restricteds at all.

safetylady
03-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Am pretty sure that Chic A La King is non restricted.

scorbett1103
03-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Happy Tuesday, everyone! I thought I'd share a new veggie idea with you. I made this for dinner last night--roasted cabbage. It's actually a Martha Stewart recipe that I found online!

ROASTED CABBAGE
Slice your cabbage into 1' thick rounds (I actually cut the rounds in half. It tends to fall apart, just handle it gently)
Brush the bottom of a sheet pan with olive oil, put cabbage on the pan, then brush the top of each slice with olive oil. I used olive oil spray.
Add salt and pepper to taste. I also added garlic powder and onion powder. Per Martha's suggestion, I also added fennel seed, but think I will skip that next time. I'm not a big fan of that taste.

Yum! I love roasted veggies...I'm beginning to think I could roast anything with olive oil, garlic powder and onion powder and it would be good!

I've made this many times - it's soooo good!!!

I think someone may have posted it in the IP Recipes thread but it can be tough to search for things in there :)

dawn again
03-26-2013, 05:04 PM

ROASTED CABBAGE

One of my favorites!! I season mine with Ms Dash Garlic and Onion and cook it at 425 for 12-15 minutes. Even good heated up the next day, suprisingly!!

JessicaR
03-26-2013, 05:12 PM
First weigh in. Down 7 pounds. :)

safetylady
03-26-2013, 05:12 PM

ROASTED CABBAGE

Thanks - have cabbage in the frig, will try that for supper tonight.

qballmhh
03-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Getting ready for my day. Filled up 5 water bottles, reminded me of the days when my kids were babies in preparing bottles and diaper bags. It's kinda of the same thing that you need to be that prepared to go out the door.

Have a great OP day!

So true!! lots of prep but it makes it a lot easier during the day!

KitKat169
03-26-2013, 05:45 PM
I came across this quote of the day: "Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts." - Arnold Bennett

ladylunk
03-26-2013, 05:56 PM
I've made this many times - it's soooo good!!!

I think someone may have posted it in the IP Recipes thread but it can be tough to search for things in there :)

Pretty sure that is where I originally found it. Or someone just mentioned Martha and I searched. This was my first way to roast cabbage now I slice it really thin and spread it all out and roast till crispy. Yum!

Desafinado
03-26-2013, 05:58 PM
I realized today that part of why this diet has been easy for me to stay faithful to -- aside from my determination to lose the weight -- is that I am single (divorced) with no children. I only have to worry about ME and my health and well-being. I don't have to buy separate groceries, schedule my meals around someone else's schedule, watch someone eat cookies that I can't have.

So this is a big shout out to all the folks who do have those external pressures to contend with on a daily basis and manage to stay on plan. :hug:

safetylady
03-26-2013, 06:23 PM

Way to go, great start.

mtth
03-26-2013, 06:38 PM
I've had a few days when I've only been able to get 2 IP packets in instead of 3. How bad is that? No cheating otherwise

amberjules
03-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Can you believe I forgot to post this week. It's been crazy busy at work.

Lost 1.8 lbs at weigh-in on Saturday and 4 inches. So close to ONDERLAND!!!

M35A2
03-26-2013, 06:46 PM
I've had a few days when I've only been able to get 2 IP packets in instead of 3. How bad is that? No cheating otherwise

You're not getting enough protein if you don't get all the packets in. This will lead to a greater loss of lean tissue instead of just burning fat. The program is designed very specifically and altering it will change the way it works.

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Chicken Ala King is unrestricted. As long as you have 3 packets a day you're fine. Lots of folks don't do restricteds at all.

Am pretty sure that Chic A La King is non restricted.

Thanks! :D I saw the counts for it were off on myfitnesspal, and I guess I let myself get too worried about it. (They had it in as 12 carbs.)

Jeaner
03-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Hi all....just wanted to check in with everyone. I had my first weigh in today....I will have to admit I am surprised and confused. According to my home scale I have lost 3.2 #, but my clinic logged a .6 gain. I did have a loss of 1/2 inch though (hey...That is good). I guess it was decided I should not have 1-2 egg whites after water aerobics. And to not split my veggies. I have been having 1-1 1/2 cups of spinach with my morning chocolate drink. Also not to split out my cooked protein. (That is a lot at one time). Well...it is what it is....and expecting better next week. Hoping great right-ins for everyone!

Jeaner
03-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Darn auto correct...I did mean weigh ins

bbb60
03-26-2013, 07:53 PM
My 60th birthday is today and it has been a great day! My department at work is always fun on your birthday, but this being the big 6-0 was extra special. We draw names at the first of the year for "birthday buddies" and you are responsible for bringing in a treat and decorating the desk area of the person you draw. My desk had a row of spring flowers that were cut out of printed paper and was just adorable. The theme was "60 reasons why we love Becky" and there were 60 flowers with each one having a sweet, thoughtful message written on it. I was so touched! My "buddy" knows I have been losing weight so she brought in a veggie tray for a treat and everyone was so excited to have something healthy for a change.

My NSV for the day was wearing a sweater and flowy capri's that were XL instead of 2X. Also wore pantyhose and showed my legs for the first time in public in years!!

Jeaner
03-26-2013, 07:53 PM
To my31rewards...I love the Romans 12:2 quote.

becca46200
03-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Hello everybody, any one would happen to have a promotion code for nashua ???

Jeaner
03-26-2013, 08:00 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY bbb 60....the start of your best decade!!!

tam67green
03-26-2013, 08:12 PM

I've had a couple of days like that this week, too! Sometimes life gets in the way! :shrug: Tomorrow is WI for me, and I think it might come back to haunt me.

ragdoll74
03-26-2013, 08:22 PM
My 60th birthday is today and it has been a great day! My department at work is always fun on your birthday, but this being the big 6-0 was extra special. We draw names at the first of the year for "birthday buddies" and you are responsible for bringing in a treat and decorating the desk area of the person you draw. My desk had a row of spring flowers that were cut out of printed paper and was just adorable. The theme was "60 reasons why we love Becky" and there were 60 flowers with each one having a sweet, thoughtful message written on it. I was so touched! My "buddy" knows I have been losing weight so she brought in a veggie tray for a treat and everyone was so excited to have something healthy for a change.

My NSV for the day was wearing a sweater and flowy capri's that were XL instead of 2X. Also wore pantyhose and showed my legs for the first time in public in years!!

Happy birthday!!! So cool that they decorated your desk and brought in a veggie tray.

Great NSV also!

Cheekyskeeter
03-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Happy birthday. I love that they decorated your desk. Very sweet!

ladylunk
03-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Happy 60th Birthday. How nice to write all those messages why they love you. What a great idea!

DRegan
03-26-2013, 08:36 PM
This sounds awesome!
I do roast asparagus, turnips,cauliflower &
Broccoli this way, gotta try cabbage now!
Thanks!

Had my 4 week WI today, down 2lb
for 11lb total!!
I haven't seen 120's for 22 years!!! Yay!!!!
How could anyone Not love IP!!
Nothing else has ever worked this well for me!!
Thanks to all your support here too!!!
Have a good night!! :)
:) :) :)
D

JenRem
03-26-2013, 08:59 PM

WTG! Congrats! So glad you have completed your first week and hopefully you are feeling better. Jen

Hi all....just wanted to check in with everyone. I had my first weigh in today....I will have to admit I am surprised and confused. According to my home scale I have lost 3.2 #, but my clinic logged a .6 gain. I did have a loss of 1/2 inch though (hey...That is good). I guess it was decided I should not have 1-2 egg whites after water aerobics. And to not split my veggies. I have been having 1-1 1/2 cups of spinach with my morning chocolate drink. Also not to split out my cooked protein. (That is a lot at one time). Well...it is what it is....and expecting better next week. Hoping great right-ins for everyone!

Jeaner - at home did you weigh yourself first thing in the morning, naked, etc? When you weighed at the clinic what time of day was it? Had you ate or drank water beforehand?

If you don't mind taking the time why don't you put in full list of 1 or 2 days of your week and post them here. There are really observative IPer's here who can evaluate it and tell you if they see anything you're missing or possibly doing that could've caused you to not have a better 1st week WI. :hug: Jen

My 60th birthday is today and it has been a great day!

Happy Birthday!
Great NSV - so happy for you!

Had my 4 week WI today, down 2lb
for 11lb total!! I haven't seen 120's for 22 years!!! Yay!!!!

Congrats! Hope you are doing a happy dance! :carrot:

lisa32989
03-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Thanks! :D I saw the counts for it were off on myfitnesspal, and I guess I let myself get too worried about it. (They had it in as 12 carbs.)
You can correct items that are wrong. I've found for most items, there is more than one entry already so I look for the correct one

shoediva
03-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Can we have buffalo sauce? I'm craving spicy more than usual lately! Also, does anyone find that that Carb AdvantEDGE shakes don't keep them feeling full as long? I really like the flavor but feel like I'm hungrier... maybe it's all in my head. Thanks!

Donna Gel
03-26-2013, 11:14 PM

Great start!!!

Donna Gel
03-26-2013, 11:16 PM
Happy Birthday bbb60!!