Ideal Protein Diet - Tastes change on IP??

View Full Version : Tastes change on IP??

Happymomof2
03-25-2013, 11:45 AM
I was just wondering if anyone else on IP has experienced taste difference in foods? I am noticing that almost everything I eat for my own dinner meal and my morning coffee taste completely different than ever before. Is this what detox does? Just curious.

scorbett1103
03-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Yep, your taste buds get "broken" from the over-flavoring of everything you used to eat! Before IP I could never drink coffee without a huge helping of Coffeemate flavored creamer. After a month on IP, I could drink it black with no problem, and I actually prefer using vanilla protein shake as my "creamer" over anything else now.

mquinn106
03-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Yes, I have definitely noticed a change. I absolutely hated mint before IP, so much so that I would use children's toothpaste over a mint flavor. Since being on IP I now add mint to everything. I crave it to freshen my mouth, never in a million years would I have thought that! I also used to love the blueberry cranberry drink when I started and now I can't stomach it...I hope that doesn't happen with the peanut butter puffs :)