Exercise! - Cassey Ho Blogilates

View Full Version : Cassey Ho Blogilates

Snoofie
03-24-2013, 07:15 PM
I belong to a gym, but I work 40 hours a week and my schedule is sort of erratic (I don't work 9-5 five days a week, which sucks) and sometimes I'm not able to get to the gym for a full hour at a time. I've been looking for some stuff to do at home on days when I can't make it to the gym, and someone suggested Cassey Ho to me. I checked out some of her videos, and her attitude really amuses me...*L* But I guess I'm wondering whether the workouts will actually do anything for me.

Has anyone here used her videos? She strikes me as a toned-down version of Jillian Michaels, which is exactly what I'm looking for (I love JM personally but I just can't get past the issues I have with the whole "Biggest Loser" thing...I know, it's weird.)

Anyway. Any words about Cassey? Will she kick my *** into shape, or what?

LoseitLiz
03-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Yes. Have you been on her site? blogilates dot com? She has tips and articles, recipes, even a monthly workout/fitness calendar. The best thing is all her exercise videos are for free. She does some cardio videos. I honestly think she's very good, but I can't lie, I'm at the beginning of my fitness routine, so following all her moves to a T is hard for me, but trying, slowly. I find pilates a little tiring, but I would say give her workouts a go

SunnySide99
03-28-2013, 08:43 AM
I love this woman and I use her videos 6 days per week. I do find I need to mute the TV and use my own music (my computer is hooked up to my TV), but I find her moves very effective so I don't mind. I have a set of videos I go to daily for my abs one day, legs another day and arms/back and I rotate them and take a day off.

I've only been using her videos consistently since January. I was at my goal size, but her workouts has really helped me to tighten my trouble areas (triceps, lower abs, back).

Thanks for mentioning her website. I think I should drop her a note to say thank you. :)

Seashell84
03-28-2013, 10:58 AM
I just discovered her like 3 weeks ago. I really like her videos, although the peppiness can be a little annoying, she reminds me of Denise Austen a little in that way. I do heavy weights twice a week but I like to do pilates once per week for variety. In fact I did one of her workouts yesterday and I am so sore! I am usually not sore after a pilates workout! While I don't think pilates really does a lot for muscle development (at least compared to lifting), I think it is great for beginners and couch potatoes to start an exercise program and begin to condition their muscles. I also think it is great for flexibility, control, and correcting posture problems. And I just feel so in tune to my body when I do it. So I think it really depends on what you want out of an exercise program and your personal fitness level.