Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 08:53 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Wednesday Thread

Hey girls,

I know I haven't been around for a while. I might not be around for a while either. I went away this past weekend (left early Friday morning!) to Niagara and it was great. However I got into a huge fight with one of the girls who was there and it seems to be a whole saga of emails and things said in public forums (email lists) that we are on. So I haven't been in the mood to be typing a whole lot lately. Hopefully when this whole thing dies down I'll be in a bit of a better mood and want to post.

I wasn't OP all weekend or yesterday because of this whole mess. I hope today is better. Sorry but I haven't been keeping up with the posts. I'll try to catch up sometime this week.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:17 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Lori- Sorry about your situation. It sounds difficult. I hope it gets better and in the mean time we are here for you!

Well I really don't have much else going on. I worked until 7:30 last night which threw a snag into my goals. I didn't exercise and I had to eat after I got home but I made sure that I didn't eat after dinner so I guess that was good. DH and I had a mellow night I read 1/2 of my Real Simple while he watched TV which is what I was hoping I would have time for. Other than that nothing new.

OK I have to ask again what is stamping???? Wow that was a random thought

Alright BBL!
Old 05-21-2003, 10:10 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Talking Howdy!

Good morning everyone!!

Lori--Yikes, it sounds like that IS a really tough situation, but don't let her being disagreeable throw a wrench into your weight loss gears. Get back OP, put her out of your mind, and you'll feel 110% better, I'm sure!

Becky--What is this Real Simple? To answer your question, the stamping that I'm referring to is rubber stamping. I sell Close To My Heart (if you'd like to visit their website, it's http://www.closetomyheart.com ), which is rubber stamping and scrapbooking supplies. I LOVE to do it, Jayne does it, and a couple of other ladies on here do some scrapbooking. It's the only hobby I have, since napping doesn't count.

Sooooo, WI was last night. I'm happy to say that after a not-so-great week, I was down 1.6 lbs. Yippee!! I guess all that exercising is paying off.

I went to WalMart last night and got groceries. Of course, I'm used to shopping at my small town grocery store, so when I went to the Mega WalMart about 1/2 hour away, it was like grocery overload. I spent $150--all for groceries just for me!! Holy cow!! But, I got some really great stuff--for example Lean Cuisine has these bigger frozen meals that would be great for dinner. I got a couple of those. And a couple of WW SmartOnes pizzas. And some Mint Skinny Cows--MINT, can you believe it?? Wow, if just talking about my shopping trip gets me this excited, can you imagine how excited I was last night?

So, that's about all I know. I'm going to go start the DBD Challenge thread, but will check in some more later. Have a great day!!
Old 05-21-2003, 10:32 AM   #4  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Jess- Real Simple is a somewhat new magazine that I love. It is not your typical woman's mag about "10 ways to drive your man wild" or "lose you entire butt in 1 easy move" It is just "simple" life stuff. I love it and apparently can't describe it well so check out there website www.realsimple.com.

Ohhhh so stamping is like scrapbooking, got it! Thanks for the info and I will see you over on the Day by Day. Glad you enjoyed your shopping trip.

Everyone else come out and play.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:34 AM   #5  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Oops only subscribers can enter the web site. What a bummer.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:39 AM   #6  
A Yankee in Virginia

Ugh. I had a breakfast meeting this morning at a greasy spoon and got an egg, cheese and bacon biscuit and home fries. What was I thinking?

On the bright side, I went to yoga last night. It was the first time I've done yoga since I moved two and half months ago. It felt so good! (although my muscles feel it this morning).

I have so much work to do today and I don't want to do it. But I have a deadline tomorrow so I have no choice. Plus, I have to go to a stupid sexual harassment awareness seminar that all new employees are required to go to. Hello ... we were just told yesterday. Nice notice.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 05-21-2003, 10:54 AM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lori - Sorry to hear about the situation with your friend. Hope it all works out.

Becky - glad you & hubby had such a relaxing evening.

Jess - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm doing a happy dance for your 1.6lb. I've been known to get excited by deals at the grocery store too.

I'm anticipating a slowish day at work which is fine by me since I have to work tonight too. Patio guy never showed up on Monday to "fix" things. So now we're back to dealing with that. I'm more relaxed about it though - mostly because I had last weekend off. CB says he's going to hunt for a new job for me so I'm not working 2.....he's decided that he loves me even more when I don't work weekends - hee-hee.

Eating is still not in check but I'm working on adding exercise back into my life. Last night was yoga class and this morning I did a segment from The Firm's More 5 Day Abs, 10 Minute Tone from WATP and WATP Walk/Jog. For you ladies who WATP - try Walk/Jog if you can - it is a bit harder of a work-out and it is so much fun! Also - Walk/Kick is mega fun too.

Post lots today!

Laura
Old 05-21-2003, 11:31 AM   #8  

Hey girls!

Becky ~ I just subscribed to Real Simple. It looks like my kind of magazine. I am picky, I hate "cosmo" type magazines, and don't like ones with lots of ads, I like meat to my mag, and this one looks good!!

Congrats Jess!

Hang in there Lori, come to us for support!

Kim ~ Daydream as much as possible while in the seminar, it will make the day go by faster!

Not much new with me. I am awaiting the arrival of my new pedometer, I can't wait to try it! DH and I raked dirt around the yard until 8:30 last night, I was so tired this morning!! Good exercise though.

Mom and I are thinking of taking this afternoon off to do a little shopping, I have a Bed, Bath and Beyond gift certificate that I want to use.

That is about it for me. I will BBL, don't want to work!
Old 05-21-2003, 11:33 AM   #9  

Hi Laura,

I hope the patio guy shows up today!
Old 05-21-2003, 12:07 PM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

Kim - what kind of yoga do you practice? I practice Hatha yoga and love it!

Tonya - I spent last Friday night spreading mulch around all the landscaping so I feel your "pain". I love BB&B - have fun if you and Mom go shopping.

Laura
Old 05-21-2003, 12:13 PM   #11  
Canadian Chick

Hey everyone!

How are you all today? I had a super OP day yesterday! I find that when I work evenings & then come home without anything planned or prepped I eat way more or the wrong stuff so yesterday i spent the morning making my supper & boy was it awesome when I came home to reheat it & eat almost right away I am going to do the same thing today. DH & I also went for a long walk last night. Neither of us felt like going but we did anyway. We said we had to at least walk for 20 minutes but once we got going we enjoyed ti so much we walked 1 1/2 hours!! Two days in a row now. We're planning on going tonight too. I really hope that we can turn this into a healthy habit!

Becky, I love REal Simple. I love how they have the organizing tips & how they have a question/topic every month where normal people share their thoughts. I just love the whole thing. Once I reach my 10% I am going to subscribe to it. That's my reward

Laura, hope you patio ordeal is overwith soon. That's sweet that your boy is going to find you a new job!!

Lori, sorry to hear about the sucky situation with that girl. Don't let it run you down.

Jess,WTg at your WI! Keep it up! Btw let us know how the mint SC are-they sound so yummy!

Kim, wtg getting to yoga. Hope that you manage to eat better the rest of today. Sucky about the sexual harrassment class you have. Hope it doens't drag too much!

Tonya, Have a fun afternoon off! I'm jealous!

All of you girls who we haven't seen in awhile need to come back! I hope that you are all doing great!
Old 05-21-2003, 01:26 PM   #12  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Jess- I checked out the stamping web site and it looks fun. Is it an expensive hobby for instance to start doing the cards? Just curious b/c dh and I are saving every penny right now!

Laura- WATP jog/walk!!! I have to try it. I wonder if Target has that tape. Do you order online or get the tapes elsewhere?

Kim- don't you just love seminars? I had one last wk on rcpt. rights. So tedious!!

Tonya- You will be so glad that you subscribed. Have fun at BB&B.

Rina-Hurry and reach that 10% so you can get the mag You are so lucky Dh will walk with you. Mine will every once in a blue moon but he has trouble b/c of his knee surgery.

BBL
Old 05-21-2003, 01:40 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone. I'm tired today. I've been waking up areound 3 or 4am and then having bizzarre dreams until it's time to actually get out of bed. I can't wait to be finished my course. I'm hoping my stress level decreases and I sleep better and have no headache. It doesn't help when your co-workers like to whilstle. Arrgh. I forgot my music for choir and my headache medicine at home. I have no brain. Last night I got to see my friend and her 3 week old daughter. It is so nice to hold a baby every now and then. Jen - hope you and little Kate are doing well!!
Lori - I hope you situation works itself out.
Becky - sounds like a good magazine.
Kim - Good going with the yoga. That'll battle back a yummy breakfast.
Jess - groceries at wal-mart? we don't have real "food" sections in the walmarts up here. Just dried and canned and junk foods. Sounds like a fun shop though.
Laura - don't stress about the patio, it will sort itself out soon enough for some fun summer sitting.
Tonya - have fun at bed bath and beyond. That's a great place to spend gift certificates.
Rina - Nice walk! Probably nice to have some alone time with DH too. Keep up the good work.
This took forever and everyone's probably gone by now. I'll check back in later anyway.
KT
Old 05-21-2003, 02:16 PM   #14  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone

Finally got some time to post. I've got an interview tomorrow back "home" (around my parents) so I'm curious to see how that goes. No idea on the pay, so who knows. And also my sister graduates high school tomorrow night so I'll get to see her do that, although I have to be back at work on Friday, then back home Friday night. Too much driving!!! (2 hours each way) I also went clothes shopping last night and got a couple more shirts for work, a new interview jacket & shirt, and another shirt... whoops, so much for saving money! but i love the new clothes, so i'm okay with it. besides the overtime check will come soon!

Lori -- Hope everything works out & hope you enjoyed Niagara (otherwise)
Becky -- I didn't have time to exercise last night either so I'm trying to figure out when I'll be able to tonight, can't miss two days!
Jess - I know EXACTLY what you mean about Super WalMart! I can wander around forever (at least the ones around home). Up here, the checkouts take forever!!! But they have a huge grocery section here too and the reason i go there is because it's cheaper than all the other grocery stores.. so i suffer through it. congrats on the 1.6!

oops gotta go - hello to everyone else!
Old 05-21-2003, 02:21 PM   #15  
Proud Canadian

Angie - that's too much driving. I say call in sick for Friday and have an Extra-ling weekend.
KT
Closed Thread