Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Daily Chat March 23rd & 24th 2013

usmcvet
03-23-2013, 08:30 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

usmcvet
03-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Good morning. It's cold here today! I'm looking forward to the snow melting!

ginettepv
03-23-2013, 08:56 AM

Good morning everyone,

Back from my 5 day conference (even if I am only home for two days and off again for 3, back one night and away for 4 more days and the cycle begins again).

THe saying There's no place like home is so true!

Well, stayed OP the entire week even if I was the butt of the jokes all week (why is it when someone is trying to be healthier, others find that funny and a challenge to make you cheat or drink... must admit it irritated me more than encouraged me to have a drink or cheat). I even noticed my skinny jeans which were a little loose at beginning of week when I packed them to see if they fit, were very saggy by the end of the week when I finally put them on.

This was also the first time I go there without spending a dime on clothes. I usually buy lots when I am there, but could not justify spending when our sizes change so quickly.

As much as the weight loss is fabulous, the feeling good is so much more important to me. I no longer run to the bathroom 50 times a day, no cramping, high energy etc. This is why I do not cheat.

Congrats to everyone who stayed OP and to all the weight loss. 3FC is a huge part of my success and thanks to everyone.:hug::D

ragdoll74
03-23-2013, 09:11 AM
ginettpv great job staying OP and congrats on the baggy pants:D

A1Texan
03-23-2013, 09:18 AM
People sometimes ask me to try a bite of something and I respond
"Thanks but I don't want any."
They say "One bite won't hurt"
To which I respond "Skinny taste better"
:joker:

safetylady
03-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Good morning everyone - into week three and feeling wonderful. There were a few days in week two that I felt shaky but now seem to have lots of energy!

ginettpv - Congrats for staying on plan. Don't worry about other people, your hard work is paying off.

Wishing for warmer weather!!!

IP43
03-23-2013, 09:37 AM
ginettepv -- just noticing your numbers. You're rockin' this! Great job!!

usmcvet
03-23-2013, 09:51 AM
ginettepv -- just noticing your numbers. You're rockin' this! Great job!!

Your numbers look great too!

lisa32989
03-23-2013, 09:55 AM
People sometimes ask me to try a bite of something and I respond
"Thanks but I don't want any."
They say "One bite won't hurt"
To which I respond "Skinny taste better"
:joker:

People are interesting! Obesity is a HUGE health problem in this country. They wouldn't force food on a diabetic but for some reason think they can have an opinion about you (us). Keeping it light/changing the subject works most of the time but I encountered one person at a Christmas party that wouldn't give it up! I almost had to get rude to get her to stop but ignoring her and talking to others instead finally worked.
Keeping it simple/light/deflecting like you did is key!

tam67green
03-23-2013, 10:05 AM
Good Morning and Happy Weekend!
Today is my family's Spring Birthday party. This includes extended family: aunt, uncles, cousins, cousins's kids, etc. Five people--me included--have birthdays in April and March. The menu is subs, potato chips, devilled eggs, potato salad, cake and ice cream. Might as well just say "Carb fest"! :rolleyes: I'm going to stay OP, and take something for myself. Did the same thing at our Winter Birthday party back in December. The closer I get to my goal weight, the less I want to lose this great momentum I have. I know my weight loss will slow, but I've lost at least a pound every week except one--and I've been on IP since early October.
No plans for tomorrow, except for yoga! Maybe I'll find time to sit down and watch my birthday present from DH--Breaking Dawn 2. (Yes, I will admit to liking the Twilight books and movies.)
Have a great day!

tam67green
03-23-2013, 10:09 AM
People are interesting! Obesity is a HUGE health problem in this country. They wouldn't force food on a diabetic but for some reason think they can have an opinion about you (us). Keeping it light/changing the subject works most of the time but I encountered one person at a Christmas party that wouldn't give it up! I almost had to get rude to get her to stop but ignoring her and talking to others instead finally worked.

I am constantly amazed by so many people on this forum who encounter other people that try to sabotage our weight loss efforts. I've been lucky, I've not run into this yet. Good point about the diabetic comparison, Lisa! I have thought that if I run into this, I could tell somebody that I have an allergy and if I eat that food, I will swell up! :) After all, that is certainly true!

lisa32989
03-23-2013, 10:16 AM
I am constantly amazed by so many people on this forum who encounter other people that try to sabotage our weight loss efforts. I've been lucky, I've not run into this yet. Good point about the diabetic comparison, Lisa! I have thought that if I run into this, I could tell somebody that I have an allergy and if I eat that food, I will swell up! :) After all, that is certainly true!

I actually used that line when I was on Atkins. I just didn't say allergy, I just said it makes me swell up!
An allergy can be defined (loosely) as an abnormal reaction. So anything that gives me cravings or isn't on my plan can (loosely) be an allergy!

newday2013
03-23-2013, 10:19 AM
People: I just don't think they get it, so yes, as Lisa says, keeping it light is key.
So happy I didn't get depressed after 0lbs WI Thursday! TOM almost over and had a normal BM, so this morning decided to weigh myself. Down 2lbs!!!!
Keeping the faith, thanks to all of you! You do understand how important these boards are? I might have sabotaged my diet had it not been for all of you. Big hugs!!!

newday2013
03-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Today is my family's Spring Birthday party. This includes extended family: aunt, uncles, cousins, cousins's kids, etc. Five people--me included--have birthdays in April and March. The menu is subs, potato chips, devilled eggs, potato salad, cake and ice cream. Might as well just say "Carb fest"! :rolleyes: I'm going to stay OP, and take something for myself.

You might also want to start a new tradition and bring a couple of OP dishes? Big salad, or grilled veggies? Or even be so bold as to ask the hostess if instead of potato chips, she might offer veggies and dip to the family as it is healthier for everyone? Deviled eggs are OP too!

Trina M
03-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Looking forward to the day. I stepped on the scale and my results went for obese to overweight!! 2 more ponds and I'm in onederland!! We have a busy day ahead of us but I have made extra salad for today and will take with me.

I saw a picture of me from 2 years ago and wow what a difference it has made.

disgal
03-23-2013, 10:33 AM
People: I just don't think they get it, so yes, as Lisa says, keeping it light is key.
So happy I didn't get depressed after 0lbs WI Thursday! TOM almost over and had a normal BM, so this morning decided to weigh myself. Down 2lbs!!!!
Keeping the faith, thanks to all of you! You do understand how important these boards are? I might have sabotaged my diet had it not been for all of you. Big hugs!!!

YES!!! Now THAT'S something to keep in your memory bank (actually for ALL of us to remember)! It's so discouraging when we don't have an expected WI. I think we're all learning just to "keep the Faith", knowing it'll all turn out positive in the end!!:hug: Way to go!! :carrot:

And I also agree that these boards keep us on track! Not sure I could do this without you guys......wait, I KNOW I couldn't do this without all of you.....so much information! I would not be on Alternatives (wouldn't even KNOW what Alternatives were) if it weren't for this Forum!!:carrot:

So THANK YOU ALL!!!!:hug:

Just another day here in New England.....anxiously awaiting warmer weather! Brrr!! At least the sun is shining!!!

Have a Magical day all!:D

newday2013
03-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Good morning everyone,

Back from my 5 day conference (even if I am only home for two days and off again for 3, back one night and away for 4 more days and the cycle begins again).
Congrats to everyone who stayed OP and to all the weight loss. 3FC is a huge part of my success and thanks to everyone.:hug::D

Welcome home neighbour!! Sorry you had to come home to all this new snow, lol!!
Glad it went well and congrats on the baggy pants, I'm really looking forward to trying on my spring clothes, as I thought I'd have to buy all new stuff cause I had gained so much in the past 2 years!

ragdoll74
03-23-2013, 10:46 AM
I actually used that line when I was on Atkins. I just didn't say allergy, I just said it makes me swell up!
An allergy can be defined (loosely) as an abnormal reaction. So anything that gives me cravings or isn't on my plan can (loosely) be an allergy!
Lisa you have the best responses to what seems like every situation. I used to be like a deer caught in the headlights when people would make rude comments or try to push food on me.

Since coming here I get all these fantastic ideas for responding to the comments. Going to add the "it makes me swell up" to my list of responses when someone tries to push food on me again. If I'm feeling a little snarky I might change it to "it makes me gassy, you don't want that do you?";)

WootWoot!! Here's to no more self sabotage and brushing off a 0 loss.

Looking forward to the day. I stepped on the scale and my results went for obese to overweight!! 2 more ponds and I'm in onederland!! We have a busy day ahead of us but I have made extra salad for today and will take with me.

:carrot::carrot:

mquinn106
03-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Agreed!! If this is spring I'd rather jump directly into summer! Avoid mud season as well :D

Well, stayed OP the entire week even if I was the butt of the jokes all week (why is it when someone is trying to be healthier, others find that funny and a challenge to make you cheat or drink... must admit it irritated me more than encouraged me to have a drink or cheat). I even noticed my skinny jeans which were a little loose at beginning of week when I packed them to see if they fit, were very saggy by the end of the week when I finally put them on.
Congrats on staying OP for the conference! And who will be laughing when you are rocking even skinnier jeans?! :carrot:

Completely agree, you would think people's mind-set would be different with all of the information pumped out about obesity.

Today is my family's Spring Birthday party. This includes extended family: aunt, uncles, cousins, cousins's kids, etc. Five people--me included--have birthdays in April and March. The menu is subs, potato chips, devilled eggs, potato salad, cake and ice cream. Might as well just say "Carb fest"! :rolleyes: I'm going to stay OP, and take something for myself. Did the same thing at our Winter Birthday party back in December.
What a fun family event! Keep it up, you will be so proud at goal that you don't need to be on P1 any longer because of a slice of cake!

Congrats on being overweight...crazy concept :)

Happy weekend everyone! I'm just about halfway to goal and I'm ecstatic about it! What a change this has been in such a short time :carrot:

Donna Gel
03-23-2013, 11:12 AM
After a long week of constant busy, I am grateful for a quiet weekend. Husband was supposed to work today, but the OT was cancelled. We are sitting in the living room on our computers having a quiet morning. Plans for the weekend, absolutely nothing. I have a few things I would like to get done, but if not, oh well. Sitting beside my chair is a stack of books I just received in the mail, it is cold out, the cat is curled up sleeping beside me. Guess I am going to have to read awhile longer. :)

I am going to concentrate on IP this weekend, making sure I get enough water etc. I missed WI last week, but plan to go on Tuesday.

Although my scale says I have lost more than 8lbs, I am going to stick with the clinic scale.

Donna Gel
03-23-2013, 11:17 AM

You are overweight!! Congratulations!! Funny, this is the only place were that statement isn't offensive!!

jeffiner
03-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Anyone have a link to a current chart that shows where obesity and overweight are?

workingit50
03-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Good morning everyone,

Well, stayed OP the entire week even if I was the butt of the jokes all week (why is it when someone is trying to be healthier, others find that funny and a challenge to make you cheat or drink... must admit it irritated me more than encouraged me to have a drink or cheat).

Congrats on your determination. one of my favorite quotes is "determination is the will of the spirit working for our highest best good."

Using determination is one of my affirmations to stay strong OP

ragdoll74
03-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Anyone have a link to a current chart that shows where obesity and overweight are?

If you google BMI chart women, you will find a bunch of sites that have it.

safetylady
03-23-2013, 12:06 PM
I am using my BMI to determine my goal weight. I use to try to think that I was 5'3" so that I could trick myself into thinking that my healthy weight would be higher.

So at 5' 2", my choosen goal weight is 137 pounds. At 54 years old that is a perfect weight for me!

Oh, and with Ideal Protein and this wonderful board, I know that I can get there.

workingit50
03-23-2013, 12:07 PM
About to go to yoga . I have been practicing for 1- 1/2 years and really enjoy it. It is HOT yoga and the sweat is amazing. Anyway, I went yesterday and noticed how much easier it is for me to do all of the postures with 20 lbs gone. It is another NSV to see that I kept up with a practice in my efforts to be healthy (unfortunately did not lose weight) at 200 lbs and going 4 times a week and the disadvantage I had with the extra weight.

My yoga teacher could not understand,nor could I , why I wasn't losing weight and other people were...easily. I tried many different things but IP is the right program for me because of the combo of elimination to very low sugar and carbs. I really see how insulin resistant and sensitive I am to carbs/sugar. I would eat super healthy but kept my sugar intake. I thought because I was practicing yoga so much I could have "treats" and I was burning off the calories. I probably was but the sugar was sticking somewhere.

I am sooooo glad and proud of myself that I kept trying new ways to lose and this is working. My friends would also say, you work so hard I cant believe you haven't lost weight. In a work challenge, I won for eight weeks the exercise award for the most minutes. No weight loss!

A mushy moment, thanks for letting me indulge in processing my successful weight loss journey. :):):):)

disgal
03-23-2013, 12:13 PM
If you google BMI chart women, you will find a bunch of sites that have it.

LOL!! I just used a calculator online! If I put in 5'8" I'm in the "healthy range", but if I put in 5'7" in I'm the "overweight range".......BUT I AM 5'7 and a HALF"! :dizzy:

Oh well, perhaps NEXT week I will be considered "healthy"! ;).

(.....just had to share)! :D

Halfagain
03-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Good morning everyone - into week three and feeling wonderful. There were a few days in week two that I felt shaky but now seem to have lots of energy!

You are doing great! I remember having some of those days in the first few weeks or just being so tired I went to bed at 7 PM. It worked itself out for me as well. I'm glad you are in the energy zone!

Today is my family's Spring Birthday party. This includes extended family: aunt, uncles, cousins, cousins's kids, etc. Five people--me included--have birthdays in April and March. The menu is subs, potato chips, devilled eggs, potato salad, cake and ice cream. Might as well just say "Carb fest"! :rolleyes: I'm going to stay OP, and take something for myself. Did the same thing at our Winter Birthday party back in December. The closer I get to my goal weight, the less I want to lose this great momentum I have. I know my weight loss will slow, but I've lost at least a pound every week except one--and I've been on IP since early October.
No plans for tomorrow, except for yoga! Maybe I'll find time to sit down and watch my birthday present from DH--Breaking Dawn 2. (Yes, I will admit to liking the Twilight books and movies.)
Have a great day!
That's a pretty nice thing to do with all the birthdays. Great idea. I think adding to the tradition by adding a fesh salad and/or veggie tray makes it even better. Maybe a build your own sub option (so anyone can just do the meat and veggies, or a lettuce wrap if they wish).

You are rocking this. Congratulations on the 2 lbs! That's awesome.

I saw a picture of me from 2 years ago and wow what a difference it has made. Ah you are living my dream lol - overweight! Congratulations! I'll be joining you there in overweight land in about 4 lbs.

Agreed!! If this is spring I'd rather jump directly into summer! Avoid mud season as well :D
Completely agree, you would think people's mind-set would be different with all of the information pumped out about obesity.

Happy weekend everyone! I'm just about halfway to goal and I'm ecstatic about it! What a change this has been in such a short time :carrot:
Sweet! 1/2 way to goal is quite the milestone can't way to hear it's official for you :hug: I have always dreaded how hot it is in the summer. Well maybe not always, just at my larger size I suppose, but I was very large for a very long time - so time blurs as to when that started. THIS summer I am looking forward to it, so bring it on! I'm cold these days.

After a long week of constant busy, I am grateful for a quiet weekend. Husband was supposed to work today, but the OT was cancelled. We are sitting in the living room on our computers having a quiet morning. Plans for the weekend, absolutely nothing. I have a few things I would like to get done, but if not, oh well. Sitting beside my chair is a stack of books I just received in the mail, it is cold out, the cat is curled up sleeping beside me. Guess I am going to have to read awhile longer. :)

I am going to concentrate on IP this weekend, making sure I get enough water etc. I missed WI last week, but plan to go on Tuesday.

Although my scale says I have lost more than 8lbs, I am going to stick with the clinic scale.
Nice to have quiet weekend for sure. My DH is off at a class today, so just me and the dog computing this morning, drinking coffee (well I am that is). Super progress on the >8 lbs, hope the clinic scale agrees with yours :hug:

I just googled for one and found it (I am not an authority on these figures, this is just what the search found for me - I'm sure others may have opinions on this one way or another, and I won't argue with you if you think these aren't what they should be).
BMI Classification
< 18.5 underweight
18.5–24.9 normal weight
25.0–29.9 overweight
30.0–34.9 class I obesity
35.0–39.9 class II obesity
≥ 40.0 class III obesity

Later I found the formula for figuring out BMI in Excel:
English Units: BMI = 703 x Weight[lb] / ( Height[in] x Height[in] )
I am 5'10 so 5' in inches is 60" + 10" = 70".
I weigh 213 lbs
the 703 part doesn't change in the formula, nor should your height usually.
Therefore the calculation is:
=703*213/(70*70)
so my BMI is 30.56

Pixie111
03-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Positive attitude rocks! WTG everyone :)

Its my second period day and the cramps are killing me (i've always had cramps). my 2nd WI is tomorrow so not expecting any big loss.

Other than that - waiting for the snow to melt as I am so done with cold/snow!!

iKande03
03-23-2013, 01:20 PM
It's day 2 and I'm still excited! After lunch yesterday my mood dropped. Thanks to this site I'm encouraged. My first goal is to stick to the plan 100% for the first week. I must admit its because I can't wait to update my current weight!!!

I ate breakfast much later than I normally would but I don't want to be as hungry this evening. The nights seem to be the hardest right now so I want to leverage bedtime to help me meet my first goal.

Right now I'm grateful that the first 72 hours beacuse that means I'm halfway through the hard part! Positive perspective & encouragement are critical for me. Thank you for taking the time to reach out on the forum. The support and collaboration is amazing!!!!

usmcvet
03-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Agreed!! If this is spring I'd rather jump directly into summer! Avoid mud season!

A Vermonter! I'm in Barre Town, what abot you?

I just googled it, tons of hits. I originally chose 240 or 250 as goal until I saw that was still obese, I changed to 220 because at six foot that was just "overweight". :dizzy:

ladylunk
03-23-2013, 01:24 PM
It's day 2 and I'm still excited! After lunch yesterday my mood dropped. Thanks to this site I'm encouraged. My first goal is to stick to the plan 100% for the first week. I must admit its because I can't wait to update my current weight!!!

I ate breakfast much later than I normally would but I don won to be as hungry this evening. The nights seem to b the hardest right now so I wan to leverage bedtime to help me meet my first goal.

Right now I'm grateful that the first 72 hours beacuse that means I'm halfway through the hard part! Positive perspective & encouragement are critical for me. Thank you for taking the time to reach out on the forum. The support and collaboration is amazing!!!!

Hi. Welcome. Sounds like you are doing everything right! I too did later breakfasts to get me through as night time eating a hard one for me. Don't forget you can have unlimited lettuce. Drink up extra decafe tea to help with hunger (I would do decafe coffee too using my lunch shake for creamer). And sometimes just getting to bed earlier is key with those temptations. I always look forward to dinner as it is so filling and then would have my restricted between 8 and 9 right before bed and I was able to make it through. Good luck and keep it up.

Oh and I forgot to say you can have an extra non restricted packet your first week if you are really struggling.

MarieDMW
03-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Hello All,
Wondering if anyone is located in Upstate NY area? I was on IP for several months, had great success but then had to travel for work and go off. When I returned, the Chiropr office had hired a different coach-I feel completely unsupported. Anyone relate? I am so frustrated. I've tried to contact the owner, he doesn't return calls or emails. - - really feeling angry and disappointed. Any advice??

FlooNimbus13127
03-23-2013, 01:36 PM
I saw this quote today on Facebook and wanted to share:

"Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." — Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have a great weekend everyone....

bellasamimom
03-23-2013, 02:05 PM
This will be a fun weekend for my family. My daughters swim team is hosting a senior invitational meet with a team from Canada and a team from Estonia and a few from the LA area. We are having a bon fire tonight to celebrate. I think it will be a really neat experience for my girls. I am super proud of my newly 11 year old. She has worked so hard and has three events she will be swimming. The kids had to meet certain time standards to swim.

For me it will be a bit of a challenge tonight to make sure I bring my food and am prepared since we will be having pizza at the bon fire. I love how easy IP is when I am on the pool deck for the weekend.

newday2013
03-23-2013, 02:23 PM

I ate breakfast much later than I normally would but I don't want to be as hungry this evening. The nights seem to be the hardest right now so I want to leverage bedtime to help me meet my first goal.

Day 3 is a killer for everybody, but this is day 15 and I feel fantastic! Stick to these boards, many winners (or should I say losers) here, lol!!!

JenRem
03-23-2013, 03:24 PM
About to go to yoga . I have been practicing for 1- 1/2 years and really enjoy it. It is HOT yoga and the sweat is amazing. Anyway, I went yesterday and noticed how much easier it is for me to do all of the postures with 20 lbs gone.
I am sooooo glad and proud of myself that I kept trying new ways to lose and this is working.
A mushy moment, thanks for letting me indulge in processing my successful weight loss journey. :):):):)

I'm so happy for you. I can hear the excitement and gratefulness come through in your posting! I agree that IP is pretty great; I never realized that carbs could be such an issue. It really is a wonderful feeling when you realize that something you're doing is FINALLY working and that you can now make great strides in changing your health for the better!
I've never done yoga, but have always wanted to. Do you recommend that I try the hot yoga first or some different kind?

LOL!! I just used a calculator online! If I put in 5'8" I'm in the "healthy range", but if I put in 5'7" in I'm the "overweight range".......BUT I AM 5'7 and a HALF"! :dizzy:

Crazy, but I guess the line has to be drawn somewhere :)

It's my second period day and the cramps are killing me (i've always had cramps). my 2nd WI is tomorrow so not expecting any big loss.

Hang in there! TOM/periods are never fun. Good Luck on your 2nd WI. Remember, any loss is still a loss :) If you go in with that thinking, it's hard to be disappointed. :hug:

It's day 2 and I'm still excited! My first goal is to stick to the plan 100% for the first week.

WELCOME! I hope your 1st 100% OP week leads to the 2nd and then the 3rd...... You can do this! There are so many on this site that would say that if we can do this, then anyone can. When you see some of the stats of other IPer's and you are impressed with their successes/accomplishments - just remember there was a day when they were exactly where you are. They just took one week at a time, one day at a time and before they knew it, they were making huge progress on their weight loss. Welcome to the club and don't forget to enjoy the journey along the way!

newday2013
03-23-2013, 03:39 PM
I have been hesitating to make any goals, as I was still leary that I could EVER lose weight, so here I go:
1st goal = Onederland! 199lbs
2nd goal = 180 (what I was when I met DH)
3rd goal = 160 or size 10

Final goal 160 = 45lbs to lose
So, at 2lbs /week 22 weeks = Aug 10th goal

disgal
03-23-2013, 04:04 PM
I have been hesitating to make any goals, as I was still leary that I could EVER lose weight, so here I go:
1st goal = Onederland! 199lbs
2nd goal = 180 (what I was when I met DH)
3rd goal = 160 or size 10

Final goal 160 = 45lbs to lose
So, at 2lbs /week 22 weeks = Aug 10th goal

You will do it!! :carrot: Wanna know how I know???? Cuz August 10th is MY BIRTHDAY!!!!;)

Donna Gel
03-23-2013, 04:20 PM
This may sound odd. But has anyone noticed a difference in their teeth. I have always had yellow teeth. Despite whitening my teeth remained yellow. I have noticed the last couple weeks my teeth seem whiter than they ever have. I haven't whitened in about a year.

JenRem
03-23-2013, 04:34 PM
When I returned, the Chiropr office had hired a different coach-I feel completely unsupported. Anyone relate? I am so frustrated. I've tried to contact the owner, he doesn't return calls or emails. - - really feeling angry and disappointed. Any advice??

I believe that others who have been unhappy with their coaches have contacted other IP offices in their area. Let them know your circumstances and that you aren't a good fit with the current coach at your office. Ask them if they will waive the initial start up fee and let you join their office. They should be willing to allow you to come to their office knowing that you will be spending money every week buying IP food and see their counselor.

Another option...... Some people who didn't like their coach or live in towns that don't have any IP clinics within reasonable driving distance will order all their food/supplements from:
http://www.plainprotein.com/
You can even get a monthly discount if you spend a decent amount per order. The amount you have to spend varies month to month - so, if you decide to go this route, let me know and I can give you better instructions on how to apply the discount.
You can then just use this 3FC site as your counselor (so to speak). I don't know how much experience you have on here, but there are fabulous people who give a lot of support and someone should always have an answer to any question you might think to ask. The nice thing about this site compared to some of the IP counselors is that the people here have really walked the walk, whereas it seems some of the counselors haven't even had any weight issues or even done any of the IP phases.
However, if you really need that one-on-one personal contact with a counselor or the accountability that a WI at the clinic will get you, then you should go that route!

And you could even do the program using alternative products to IP's. There are whole Threads on Alternatives where you can find out what is acceptable for P1 and what people like/don't like. Most of the alternative products cost about 1/2 the amount of IP food and people usually order from:
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/

Hope this helps and Good Luck! Jen
Let us know what you decide and how it works out for you :)

50harvest
03-23-2013, 05:33 PM
About to go to yoga . I have been practicing for 1- 1/2 years and really enjoy it. It is HOT yoga and the sweat is amazing. Anyway, I went yesterday and noticed how much easier it is for me to do all of the postures with 20 lbs gone. )

Way to go! I am also really looking forward to finding out the poses are easier for me in my Bikram yoga class.

newday2013
03-23-2013, 05:49 PM
You will do it!! :carrot: Wanna know how I know???? Cuz August 10th is MY BIRTHDAY!!!!;)

Must be good luck!

rubygirl05
03-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Hello,

I'll preface this by saying this isn't meant to be a whine, but legitimate concern. And hopefully not TMI.

I lost 9# the first week and gained .6 at my 2nd weigh in, but I also had started my TOM, so I wasn't super concerned. Well, my TOM only lasted 3 days (with the 3rd day being hardly anything) which has never happened before. And now in my 3rd week, I haven't dropped that .6 gain, let alone lost any additional weight.

I have been extremely 100% OP (2 unrest/1rest per day), taking my vitamins, drinking my water, salting my food. I'm not suffering from the big C, and other than having the occasional craving for a slice of pizza, feel fine and wouldn't know I'm on minimal calories/low-carbs. (I was eating 1300 cal. prior to starting, so the transition wasn't too difficult).

I do have PCOS, which has always been a barrier to losing weight.

I haven't seen any other postings about people having trouble losing right in the beginning. I don't think this is normal for the protocol but maybe someone with more experience knows?? Is this the PCOS? Could I not be in ketosis despite going through withdrawl the first few days? Is the food amount too little and my body is holding on to everything rather than losing? Have there been other people (who probably aren't on the boards) where IP just didn't work for them/their body? Other possible reasons??

I'm definitely not tempted to cheat or giving up YET, but something better start working in the next month for the money I'm spending.

Thanks!

Jujubie
03-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Hello,

I'll preface this by saying this isn't meant to be a whine, but legitimate concern. And hopefully not TMI.

I lost 9# the first week and gained .6 at my 2nd weigh in, but I also had started my TOM, so I wasn't super concerned. Well, my TOM only lasted 3 days (with the 3rd day being hardly anything) which has never happened before. And now in my 3rd week, I haven't dropped that .6 gain, let alone lost any additional weight.

I have been extremely 100% OP (2 unrest/1rest per day), taking my vitamins, drinking my water, salting my food. I'm not suffering from the big C, and other than having the occasional craving for a slice of pizza, feel fine and wouldn't know I'm on minimal calories/low-carbs. (I was eating 1300 cal. prior to starting, so the transition wasn't too difficult).

I haven't seen any other postings about people having trouble losing right in the beginning. I don't think this is normal for the protocol but maybe someone with more experience knows?? Is this the PCOS? Could I not be in ketosis despite going through withdrawl the first few days? Is the food amount too little and my body is holding on to everything rather than losing? Have there been other people (who probably aren't on the boards) where IP just didn't work for them/their body? Other possible reasons??

I'm definitely not tempted to cheat or giving up YET, but something better start working in the next month for the money I'm spending.

Thanks!

I am sure you are very frustrated. Maybe you can list everything you have been eating so we can see if there is something that needs to be changed?

workingit50
03-23-2013, 07:53 PM
JenRem: In response to your question about what kind of yoga to try. My experience is that I have not liked yoga classes before I tried hot yoga or known as Bikram. I love the combination of movement in the hot room and the sweat which is so cleansing. Try different styles!

natsprat4
03-23-2013, 08:01 PM
I am going on week 5. I have stayed OP since day 1. So far I've lost just about 20 lbs in 4 weeks. This program totally works!!!!!!! I am new to the forum... and having a bit of a hard time navigating and keeping on top of all the hundreds of posts... but it's growing on me! Thanks for all the motivating posts. :)

getnlean
03-23-2013, 08:02 PM
Just wanted to share that I had a NSV today. My job is extremely busy during tax season and we had to work a full day today. Management brought in pizza for everyone at lunch. It did not bother me in the least to forego the pizza, a first for me!

rubygirl05
03-23-2013, 08:04 PM
I am sure you are very frustrated. Maybe you can list everything you have been eating so we can see if there is something that needs to be changed?

Last week, I prepped all my non-IP food on the weekend and prepackaged it to grab and go. Basically, my meals looked like this:

8am IP chocolate drink or coffee/chocolate drink mixed

12pm "dinner" -- either roasted chicken (I had roasted a whole chicken) or asian meatballs (90% beef, soy sauce, spices, 1 egg, no breadcrumbs or sweetened sauce) with sautéed red/green peppers or roasted cauliflower. I'm eating between 6.5-8oz cooked protein (my coach wants me to measure after the food is cooked).

2pm snack of 1-2 ribs of raw celery or small cucumber (this should complete my 2c. of veggies)

4:30 peanut butter IP bar

7:30 "lunch" -- Either IP plain egg omelette with sauteed red/green peppers, spinach, mushroom OR IP mushroom soup with 2oz of chicken (subtracted from my earlier dinner).

Fill out my 2c. of veggies with some combination of a small cucumber, sauteed spinach, roasted cauliflower, or cooked broccoli.

Possible Suspects:

Had an extra cup of roasted cauliflower one night to fill up that pre-TOM craving.
Roasted whole chicken with skin on (although did not eat skin), and "melted" fat added excess oil??
Issue of cumulative use of 0-0-0 oil spray or oil used when cooking large quantities of veg?? I'm thinking the oil consumption per day meets the specified amounts but maybe I'm getting more than I think? For 5-6 peppers, I used about a tablespoon of oil?? This was eaten throughout the week.

ragdoll74
03-23-2013, 08:12 PM
I am going on week 5. I have stayed OP since day 1. So far I've lost just about 20 lbs in 4 weeks. This program totally works!!!!!!! I am new to the forum... and having a bit of a hard time navigating and keeping on top of all the hundreds of posts... but it's growing on me! Thanks for all the motivating posts. :)

:welcome:

There are a lot of posts! It's easiest if you just find the threads you like and stick with those. The daily threads are great since there are so many people checking in all the time.

natsprat4
03-23-2013, 08:16 PM
Thank you so much!!! How do I get my progress thing appear on the bottom of my posts like yours??? I designed what I wanted... but its not appearing.

workingit50
03-23-2013, 08:16 PM
I got my ticker today, so happy. I have tried to upload pictures so many times and it does not work and the pixels are well below the allowed amount. Anyone know where to turn for help. Thanks.

workingit50
03-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Thank you so much!!! How do I get my progress thing appear on the bottom of my posts like yours??? I designed what I wanted... but its not appearing.

After you have been a member for at least 20 days and posted for 20+ times there is a new signature button that magically appears on your user CP where you edit your weight, pic, etc.

ragdoll74
03-23-2013, 08:19 PM
You have to be a member for at least 20 days and have at least 20 posts to get a ticker.

scorbett1103
03-23-2013, 08:22 PM

Looks like you've been here long enough, but haven't posted enough for your signature to be activated - you have to have posted at least 20 times. Just keep getting into the conversations!

Jujubie
03-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Last week, I prepped all my non-IP food on the weekend and prepackaged it to grab and go. Basically, my meals looked like this:

8am IP chocolate drink or coffee/chocolate drink mixed

12pm "dinner" -- either roasted chicken (I had roasted a whole chicken) or asian meatballs (90% beef, soy sauce, spices, 1 egg, no breadcrumbs or sweetened sauce) with sautéed red/green peppers or roasted cauliflower. I'm eating between 6.5-8oz cooked protein (my coach wants me to measure after the food is cooked).

2pm snack of 1-2 ribs of raw celery or small cucumber (this should complete my 2c. of veggies)

4:30 peanut butter IP bar

7:30 "lunch" -- Either IP plain egg omelette with sauteed red/green peppers, spinach, mushroom OR IP mushroom soup with 2oz of chicken (subtracted from my earlier dinner).

Fill out my 2c. of veggies with some combination of a small cucumber, sauteed spinach, roasted cauliflower, or cooked broccoli.

Possible Suspects:

Had an extra cup of roasted cauliflower one night to fill up that pre-TOM craving.
Roasted whole chicken with skin on (although did not eat skin), and "melted" fat added excess oil??
Issue of cumulative use of 0-0-0 oil spray or oil used when cooking large quantities of veg?? I'm thinking the oil consumption per day meets the specified amounts but maybe I'm getting more than I think? For 5-6 peppers, I used about a tablespoon of oil?? This was eaten throughout the week.

Hmmmm, if I am not wrong, most of us measure our protein BEFORE.....same as veggies. Also, are you getting in at least 64oz of water? Also your oil? I read somewhere that you shouldn't have more than 2 0/0/0 items per day. Hope this helps.

natsprat4
03-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Thanks everyone!!! You're all great!! I am so excited to join in on such a supportive IP community.

I can honestly say, this diet has been SO easy... aside from the first 4 days, of course. So excited to share and contribute! I've found a small IP community on instagram who have been incredibly supportive. i will take all the motivation and support i can get! woo!

Off to make supper = lemon garlic shrimp and oven roasted veggies. Yum!!!

ragdoll74
03-23-2013, 08:40 PM
rubygirl- some coaches do recommend weighing meat after cooking it doesn't seem to hinder weight loss for some people. I weigh raw.

Don't count the small amount of oil you are using for cooking. Add the 1 tsp to your food just before eating. When you cook with it, most of it stays in the pan and you may not be getting enough.

Everything else looks really good.

ginettepv
03-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Hello,

Thanks!

No worries at all. I too have PCOS and hypothyrodism and in menopause.

I lost nothing on my second week. You must trust the process. It all works out.

I get 0 losses every 3rd of fourth week and then the week after, I have a great loss. You might also be losing inches. Inches are still losses.

2 lbs a week seems to be my normal. It's 2 pounds more a week I was losing with a low carb diet and a personal trainer 4 times a week. My trainer is the best in town and trains many of the other trainers in town and even he could not believe I was not losing faster with everything he was doing with me. He was the one who suggested this IP.

It took me a year to lose 20 pounds so I'll take an occasional 0 pounds a week when my average is always 2 lbs. I lost 20 pounds in two months on IP.

I have not felt this good in years. So don't fret the 0s or the minimal weight gain. It is worth it and it does work, even with PCOS. Hang in there. You have this and you won't regret it.:hug::hug:::)

scorbett1103
03-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Rubygirl - have you been tracking your measurements? I had many weeks with no loss on the scale but my body changed shape. You had a huge drop your first week, followed by a TOM week. It's entirely possible your body is just stabilizing before you start dropping again.

It's easy to forget that weight loss is not linear. You will lose weight some weeks, inches other weeks, and some weeks your body may go into a holding pattern while it adjusts to the losses you've had. It's a normal part of the process.

rubygirl05
03-23-2013, 09:03 PM
Thanks for reviewing Jujubie and Ragdoll. I did ask on the boards if I should measure raw and the response seemed to be that it wasn't that big a deal. I may try raw measuring just to see if that has an impact.

Ragdoll, that's the first time I heard about adding the oil to the food. I've basically just used it for sautéing purposes. I guess I can try that out, I'll just have to get past the mental barrier of oil=bad (and I know we all need some to keep our systems healthy).

Thanks again for reviewing. I wish I was screwing something up, just because I would have an obvious solution. I guess I'll carry-on and wait for the next weigh in to see.

ETA: Thanks Ginette and Scorbett. I will be patient. I knew to expect 0 weight losses, I'm just surprised that at the very beginning stages, I've only had one week of weight loss. BUT in another perspective, I'm still at the very beginning stage, so I will keep marching on.

JenRem
03-23-2013, 09:12 PM
JenRem: In response to your question about what kind of yoga to try. My experience is that I have not liked yoga classes before I tried hot yoga or known as Bikram. I love the combination of movement in the hot room and the sweat which is so cleansing. Try different styles!

I have heard of this type of yoga, but always been a bit concerned for me to try it.... I don't mind sweating, I just don't like it if I'm hot and everything around me is also hot. If I get too hot and can't cool down...... I have passed out a few times in my life. I don't like going in the sauna and usually only put my legs in a hot tub, unless the air is cool above then I can put my whole body in. :cool:
What do you think? I guess I could always give it a try and leave the building if it is too hot for me. :devil:

ginettepv
03-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Thanks for reviewing Jujubie and Ragdoll. I did ask on the boards if I should measure raw and the response seemed to be that it wasn't that big a deal. I may try raw measuring just to see if that has an impact.

Ragdoll, that's the first time I heard about adding the oil to the food. I've basically just used it for sautéing purposes. I guess I can try that out, I'll just have to get past the mental barrier of oil=bad (and I know we all need some to keep our systems healthy).

Thanks again for reviewing. I wish I was screwing something up, just because I would have an obvious solution. I guess I'll carry-on and wait for the next weigh in to see.

ETA: Thanks Ginette and Scorbett. I will be patient. I knew to expect 0 weight losses, I'm just surprised that at the very beginning stages, I've only had one week of weight loss. BUT in another perspective, I'm still at the very beginning stage, so I will keep marching on.

It will work. Your body is catching up! and remember with PCOS, it is NEVER like everybody else, but IP does work, even with PCOS.

And you'll feel GREEEEAAAT!

lisa32989
03-23-2013, 10:16 PM
I have heard of this type of yoga, but always been a bit concerned for me to try it.... I don't mind sweating, I just don't like it if I'm hot and everything around me is also hot. If I get too hot and can't cool down...... I have passed out a few times in my life. I don't like going in the sauna and usually only put my legs in a hot tub, unless the air is cool above then I can put my whole body in. :cool:
What do you think? I guess I could always give it a try and leave the building if it is too hot for me. :devil:
I started yoga at a health club and then took classes through a local hospital (the teacher is also a PT). Now I just do videos or my wii yoga at home. I don't like being hot either so the birkham never appealed to me. Of course, now that I'm cold all the time, maybe I'd like it!

DRegan
03-23-2013, 10:30 PM
I saw this quote today on Facebook and wanted to share:

"Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." — Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have a great weekend everyone....

Love this! :carrot:thanks!
Have a great night!

D http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar027/cartoonstar01/lb/140/125/131/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-24-2013, 12:40 AM
I'm having a great OP day. Had a stew-like dinner of grilled zucchini, mushrooms and ground turkey with my chicken soup packet. SO GOOD! :devil:

Syntrax Nectars. I just ordered some but I saw in one of the posts that it's not necessarily good for Phase 1 due to the protein content. Is this correct?

foreveryoung
03-24-2013, 01:19 AM

You need to have at leas 20 posts, and be on here for 20 days

scorbett1103
03-24-2013, 01:39 AM
I'm having a great OP day. Had a stew-like dinner of grilled zucchini, mushrooms and ground turkey with my chicken soup packet. SO GOOD! :devil:

Syntrax Nectars. I just ordered some but I saw in one of the posts that it's not necessarily good for Phase 1 due to the protein content. Is this correct?

Nope, not correct. Syntrax Nectars are fine to use on Phase 1.

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-24-2013, 01:42 AM
Nope, not correct. Syntrax Nectars are fine to use on Phase 1.

Sweet! Thank you, I'm very excited to try them! I appreciate your help :)

getnlean
03-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Do you prefer Smooth Move or Novi lax and why?

lisa32989
03-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Do you prefer Smooth Move or Novi lax and why?

A lot of folks use smooth move. My preference for ongoing problems would be Novi lax b/c it doesn't use stimulant laxatives.

I use vitamin C and Magnesium Citrate. I can manage dosage easily and it isn't a stimulant laxative. The body can get used to stimulant laxatives (even herbal ones like senna) and may come to NEED them. (This is why I, personally choose not to use Smooth Move)

I also make sure I get enough Romaine Lettuce. It seems to work for me. For others, it is psyllium, which Novi lax contains. You can probably find less expensive formulations than novi lax, so make sure you shop around!

aliboo723
03-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Lost one more pound this week! Brings my total loss to 23 and inches to 10!

CarCamMom
03-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Good Morning! It's been a while, but I'm back. I was on IP last summer and was very successful. I'm back to lose about 20-25 more. It's funny how many people pass through here...I see a few familiar faces, but so many new people. I'm thinking (hoping) that my buddies from last summer are all in maintenance! I'm here for a re-boot and this site definitely helps to keep me on track. I started my re-boot about 2 weeks ago...so far, so good. The only difference this time around is that I seem to have a constant stomachache...not hunger or cramps. Just an ache that is always there...hmmmmm...I will keep pushing through. Have a great day!

bellasamimom
03-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Back to the pool today. We had so much fun yesterday!! NSV for me I fit into a pair of pant I bought to officiate the meet in that were too small. They are Michael Kors that I got a good deal on :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

So much fun last night at the bon fire. Met two Mom's from Vancouver Island that were so much fun last night. I stopped and bought a subway salad so I was not even tempted by the pizza everyone else was eating.

And the best part was my girls had a blast!! Good swims at the meet and fun meeting new friends :dance::dance::dance::dance:

ladylunk
03-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Back to the pool today. We had so much fun yesterday!! NSV for me I fit into a pair of pant I bought to officiate the meet in that were too small. They are Michael Kors that I got a good deal on :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

So much fun last night at the bon fire. Met two Mom's from Vancouver Island that were so much fun last night. I stopped and bought a subway salad so I was not even tempted by the pizza everyone else was eating.

And the best part was my girls had a blast!! Good swims at the meet and fun meeting new friends :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Good to see you made it through the bonfire night. And had fun! Vancouver Island is my home (sadly not at the moment),but heading for a long visit in less than a week. Yay.

newday2013
03-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Anybody ever use "Miracle noodles"?

workingit50
03-24-2013, 12:53 PM
I have heard of this type of yoga, but always been a bit concerned for me to try it.... I don't mind sweating, I just don't like it if I'm hot and everything around me is also hot.

I had no idea that I would like the heat. I don't care for saunas or steam rooms. It did take several times to adjust but to my surprise I really liked it. Try it sometime and see. :)

benice
03-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Some people do. I've never tried them, but I Googled "Ideal Protein Miracle Noodles" and there are lots of threads on the topic.

Here is just one of them: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/262512-miracle-noodles-angel-hair.html

Good luck!

harper75
03-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Hi there,

I've used Miracle Noodles before. I ended up making quite a combination of food that night as my husband is vegetarian, daughter is not, and I'm the only one on IP. I sauteed vegetables, then split out 1/3 of veggies, added leftover rice to the remaining 2/3 and continued cooking. In a second pan I was cooking shrimp. For the final dish I added shrimp to my veggies and noodles, and shrimp to half the rice/veggies.

On to the second half of my subject. Does anyone have a fear of maintenance? I have really just loved how straightforward Phase I has been. I should be on maintenance in another few months so I'm trying to wrap my head around it. Any tips?

lisa32989
03-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Hi there,

I've used Miracle Noodles before. I ended up making quite a combination of food that night as my husband is vegetarian, daughter is not, and I'm the only one on IP. I sauteed vegetables, then split out 1/3 of veggies, added leftover rice to the remaining 2/3 and continued cooking. In a second pan I was cooking shrimp. For the final dish I added shrimp to my veggies and noodles, and shrimp to half the rice/veggies.

On to the second half of my subject. Does anyone have a fear of maintenance? I have really just loved how straightforward Phase I has been. I should be on maintenance in another few months so I'm trying to wrap my head around it. Any tips?
A lot of us have fears but we will approach maintenance with the same abilities we used to approach p1. I'm still going to a clinic ON PURPOSE so I can get maintenance support and it doesn't have to feel so difficult. I've already proven to myself once I can lose 110 lbs. I need to learn to maintain. I trust I will.

Also, it's never too soon to start lurking on the maintainer thread. You learn a LOT when you are only reading and not posting.

MarieDMW
03-24-2013, 01:57 PM
I believe that others who have been unhappy with their coaches have contacted other IP offices in their area. Let them know your circumstances and that you aren't a good fit with the current coach at your office. Ask them if they will waive the initial start up fee and let you join their office. They should be willing to allow you to come to their office knowing that you will be spending money every week buying IP food and see their counselor.

Another option...... Some people who didn't like their coach or live in towns that don't have any IP clinics within reasonable driving distance will order all their food/supplements from:
You can even get a monthly discount if you spend a decent amount per order. The amount you have to spend varies month to month - so, if you decide to go this route, let me know and I can give you better instructions on how to apply the discount.
You can then just use this 3FC site as your counselor (so to speak). I don't know how much experience you have on here, but there are fabulous people who give a lot of support and someone should always have an answer to any question you might think to ask. The nice thing about this site compared to some of the IP counselors is that the people here have really walked the walk, whereas it seems some of the counselors haven't even had any weight issues or even done any of the IP phases.
However, if you really need that one-on-one personal contact with a counselor or the accountability that a WI at the clinic will get you, then you should go that route!

And you could even do the program using alternative products to IP's. There are whole Threads on Alternatives where you can find out what is acceptable for P1 and what people like/don't like. Most of the alternative products cost about 1/2 the amount of IP food and people usually order from:

Thank You so much for your response-you've given me some options to think about. I know that there is no other IP clinic near me, so I figured there was nothing I could do to stay on the plan. I didn't know about the other options you mentioned. I'll let know what I decide to do. I feel hopeful now-maybe I really continue and reach my goal. Thanks Again :)

becca46200
03-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Hello,

I'm baking oatmeal muffins from 3fc recepies and I was wondering if anybody has ever tried carb wise bagels and if they are as they say 0 carbs thank you

shoediva
03-24-2013, 02:09 PM
Does the hungry feeling come back on maintenance? I'm really enjoying not having those intense hungry feelings or cravings and I'd prefer to never feel that way again! This no appetite thing has been amazing in helping me change my relationship with food. Thanks! Sam

lumielumes
03-24-2013, 02:14 PM
I survived the Baby Shower! My first "event" since being on IP. I planned ahead and all went well. And no cravings for the cake. Now I call that a NSV!! :) :carrot:

mquinn106
03-24-2013, 02:16 PM
I survived the Baby Shower! My first "event" since being on IP. I planned ahead and all went well. And no cravings for the cake. Now I call that a NSV!! :) :carrot:

Congrats on being over the first event!! :carrot:

I had a small NSV yesterday. Had long car trip to meet up with some family and my behind hurt so bad from sitting so long, I've noticed it at work too, losing all of that "padding" really makes a difference! ;) Going to need some type of cushion for car rides now I suppose.

HillaryJH
03-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Question:
I am still new to IP. I asked my coach during my second weigh in whether or not I had to have the third packet if I wasn't hungry. She told me if I wasn't hungry I didn't have to. I never dreamed that I could live off so little food...

What have your coaches told you? Do they insist upon eating the third packet? Could they be insisting upon a third packet in order for you to buy more product?

ladylunk
03-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Congrats on being over the first event!! :carrot:

I had a small NSV yesterday. Had long car trip to meet up with some family and my behind hurt so bad from sitting so long, I've noticed it at work too, losing all of that "padding" really makes a difference! ;) Going to need some type of cushion for car rides now I suppose.

LOL. That's a good one you don't really think about. Lot's of good NSV'S. A shower would be hard! So many goodies and cake. I had my first clothes NSV. Got a pair of size 32 jeans and they are possibly even the "skinny" style. Not really up on the fashion terms. And a large top. Not xlarge or xxlarge. Yay! Then I got to raid my sisters closet and got tons of shirts for my trip as I can't afford to buy too much right now. The one pair of pants I was planning on using for dress pants were falling off me yesterday so not sure what I will wear for dress pants. Gonna try shrinking those up I guess.

lisa32989
03-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Question:
I am still new to IP. I asked my coach during my second weigh in whether or not I had to have the third packet if I wasn't hungry. She told me if I wasn't hungry I didn't have to. I never dreamed that I could live off so little food...

What have your coaches told you? Do they insist upon eating the third packet? Could they be insisting upon a third packet in order for you to buy more product?

Hm...that's the first I've heard that. This is such a super low calorie diet that my coach (and the coaches of many here) have emphasized being sure to get in everything on the sheet every day.

Maybe she just assumed that it wouldn't happen that often so she wasn't worried about a day or two?

Not only do some have the 3 packets but some folks early-on have a fourth or fifth packet. I don't think this has anything to do with increasing sales, but with making sure people will be successful.

HillaryJH
03-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Maybe she just assumed that it wouldn't happen that often so she wasn't worried about a day or two?

I told her five days a week I have zero desire to eat (with the exception of Tuesday and Thursday when I have grad school after work). She said that it wouldn't be an issue to just have two of the three packets a day. The clinic I am going to is BRAND NEW, so I don't 100% trust her. She is the one who told me to eat saltines if I got hungry and was pushing a gym membership since day one. Our clinic is within a gym so it wouldn't be such a leap of the mind to think she may be getting a kickback.

getnlean
03-24-2013, 02:46 PM
A lot of folks use smooth move. My preference for ongoing problems would be Novi lax b/c it doesn't use stimulant laxatives.

I use vitamin C and Magnesium Citrate. I can manage dosage easily and it isn't a stimulant laxative. The body can get used to stimulant laxatives (even herbal ones like senna) and may come to NEED them. (This is why I, personally choose not to use Smooth Move)

I also make sure I get enough Romaine Lettuce. It seems to work for me. For others, it is psyllium, which Novi lax contains. You can probably find less expensive formulations than novi lax, so make sure you shop around!

Thank you Lisa. That was exactly the information I was looking for.

lisa32989
03-24-2013, 02:49 PM
I told her five days a week I have zero desire to eat (with the exception of Tuesday and Thursday when I have grad school after work). She said that it wouldn't be an issue to just have two of the three packets a day. The clinic I am going to is BRAND NEW, so I don't 100% trust her. She is the one who told me to eat saltines if I got hungry and was pushing a gym membership since day one. Our clinic is within a gym so it wouldn't be such a leap of the mind to think she may be getting a kickback.
Then I'm going with she doesn't know what she's talking about.
My coach is also a regional rep and has LOTS of training.
She emphasizes eating EVERYTHING on the sheet. This program is ALREADY super low calorie.
I say if you're following the IP plan, then do the IP plan. Just have an orange drink or pink lemonade. They're light and refreshing and not very filling.

natsprat4
03-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Went over to my Mom's place and she had bacon on the go... the bacon scent in the house was overwhelmingly delicious!!!!! WILL POWER WILL POWER WILL POWER. Left without having a bite and just drank my water and it helped diminish my craving. Happy Sunday all - stay strong!!!! :)

getnlean
03-24-2013, 03:01 PM
How many egg whites can you have before I need to reduce my dinner protein? I had crispy cereal pancakes for breakfast with 2 and for lunch eggplant dipped in 1 then dipped in crushed southwest cheese curls and cooked in EVOO. Do I need to cut back my dinner protein ounces?

Thanks

Rachel3
03-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Back on track today. Had IP breakfast and lunch. Will have protein and veggies for dinner and zipper pickles for snack tonight.
I've been very disappointed with myself the last couple of weeks (not blaming anyone but myself) as I just need the willpower to say no to my 3 boys at home (that includes hubby) when it comes to chips, pizza. Easter weekend is quickly approaching and I really want that willpower to kick in. I went shopping for easter yesterday and picked up the treats for all that will be attending brunch next Sunday. Funny enough, the chocolate does not bother me; it's the chips.
I have been sick since Friday and still have no energy which makes it a little tougher to stay focused for me.
I will have my WI on Thursday and I am really hoping that there will be a minus this WI as last weeks WI was no loss and I even went back on Friday and no change.
Why did I react poorly with food this past week just because my number was No Change ? I need to change my thinking process. Anyways,,,will be very focused this week and hopefully by Friday...it will have paid off!

Ginette PV; congratulations my friend on the baggy jeans!..what a great feeling..keep up the great work. And I do not understand why others try to entice us in cheating...it boggles my mind. Why don't they say hey...I'll join you and have ice water and lemon! Anyways....take care.

aliboo723
03-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Why don't they say hey...I'll join you and have ice water and lemon! Anyways....take care.

My mom is the worst for this. She tells me "Just because you have to suffer, the rest of us shouldn't." I tell her I'm not suffering and she doesn't believe it. She also wants me to print off the plan from here for her to "try". I just wish people would be nice.
My grandma is one of my favorite people because she only says good things about people. You still know when she doesn't like something, because she doesn't say anything! I think the apple rolled too far from the tree or it just skipped my mom's generation! :p

GetYa1
03-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Hi all -
Your words of experience are encouraging and your achievements are exciting. My husband and I start IP tomorrow. Looking forward to losing weight, feeling better and looking good.

Mother of the Groom
03-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Question:

I had a similar conversation with my coach on Thursday. My problem was the restricted pkgs of chips and possibly slowing my losses by having a restricted every day. I've only been having a 1/2 pkg of restricted hoping to keep the calories basically the same as having 3 non restricted per day.
This was her answer;
The packages are developed within the guidelines of the program. To cut a pkg in half is really hurting me because then I am not getting the amount of protein that my body requires and will be losing yes but losing muscle mass not fat. She recommended that I instead limit my self to 4/5 restricted pkgs per week and have the other days be all non restricted.

HillaryJH
03-24-2013, 04:03 PM
The packages are developed within the guidelines of the program. To cut a pkg in half is really hurting me because then I am not getting the amount of protein that my body requires and will be losing yes but losing muscle mass not fat.

Thank you. This makes a lot of sense. I certainly do not want to be losing muscle. I will try to make more of an effort to eat a third packet despite my extreme desire not to.

KristaL32
03-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Hi all,

I have been on IP for two weeks and have been pretty obsessed w weighing myself every morning (bad habit) I have noticed that eating my snack earlier like 7:30pm helps me lose the next day. Just an observation

lisa32989
03-24-2013, 04:27 PM
How many egg whites can you have before I need to reduce my dinner protein? I had crispy cereal pancakes for breakfast with 2 and for lunch eggplant dipped in 1 then dipped in crushed southwest cheese curls and cooked in EVOO. Do I need to cut back my dinner protein ounces?

Thanks

Hi getnlean
General rule of thumb around here is two/day
I use one egg white in my pancake or muffins.

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-24-2013, 05:45 PM
I posted a comment on the Daily a few days ago. I think I must just stay up too late.... :) Well, I told my coach that I was buying extra Ideal Protein products online (alternatives actually) so I could have a little variety. Her response was kinda bizarre. " Oh no, they can't do that. That's illegal. They'll get shut down, WE'LL get shut down!" Anyone run into comments like this before? She's a nice lady, but I thought that her comments were a little extreme! :D

lisa32989
03-24-2013, 06:04 PM
I posted a comment on the Daily a few days ago. I think I must just stay up too late.... :) Well, I told my coach that I was buying extra Ideal Protein products online (alternatives actually) so I could have a little variety. Her response was kinda bizarre. " Oh no, they can't do that. That's illegal. They'll get shut down, WE'LL get shut down!" Anyone run into comments like this before? She's a nice lady, but I thought that her comments were a little extreme! :D
This is how they protect their business.
Many coaches will only allow you to be a client if you ONLY use IP products and purchase only from them

lumielumes
03-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Question:

My first week I only at 3 packets and then on my 2nd week my coach told me that since I was over 200lbs that I could actually eat a 4th packet and at first I was very hesitant. I thought that I would not lose some weight but I took her advice and started using a 4th pack and still lost. She said the reason is that you don't want your body to go into starvation mode because then it will want to hold on to the fat. she said that when I get down to about 195lbs that I will go down to 3 packets. I def would use 3 packets if not four.

M35A2
03-24-2013, 06:13 PM

Could be she thought you were buying individual packets not whole boxes. Since the nutrition information isn't on the single packets they're not meant for sale that way. Might be why she said it was "illegal."

Donna Gel
03-24-2013, 06:29 PM
I make a killer hash brown, not made from frozen. My father in law named them "Donna Potatoes" many years ago. Husband had some for breakfast yesterday and they looked so good. This morning I had IP fine herb omelet and hash browns, but made mine out of turnips and they were delicious.

Mother of the Groom
03-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Just getting ready to go to a birthday supper for my DIL to be. Having a roast turkey and all the fixings..well not me..lol..I'll have the turkey but making my own OP fixings, roasted cauliflower salad, roasted sea salt and lime asparagus and salad. While the rest are having cake and ice cream I'll be having a frozen cappuccino whipped with Rtd vanilla, sprinkled with cinnamon..sounds to me like the rest will be missing out. :)

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-24-2013, 06:40 PM
This is how they protect their business.
Many coaches will only allow you to be a client if you ONLY use IP products and purchase only from them

Could be she thought you were buying individual packets not whole boxes. Since the nutrition information isn't on the single packets they're not meant for sale that way. Might be why she said it was "illegal."

I just couldn't stand getting my week of IP food then, when I'm hungry or having a craving and faced with my choices..... none of it sounds good! So, I bought a variety of alternative boxes. It's really helped in keeping my sanity, especially aroung that TOM when my cravings are all over the place. Thanks for your responses. I'm really enjoying this plan and this site.

bbb60
03-24-2013, 06:45 PM
I made Kale chips for the first time this afternoon and they were delicious!! I was so pleasantly surprised and I will definitely be making them again very soon.

scorbett1103
03-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Anybody ever use "Miracle noodles"?

Many times! They are good to "fill out" a dish or add to broth/veggie soups. Just make sure you follow the serving sizes, as products that list 0 carbs generally have some TRACE carbs (FDA allows products to be labeled 0 carb if it's below 1 carb per serving). Eating more than a serving makes those partial carbs add up fast!

Read the maintainers thread. Think long and hard about how you want to LIVE when it comes to food - what do you want your eating to look like, how can you make Maintenance work for you. Understand that maintenance is going to be a process. Get yourself hooked into a calorie counting site like My Fitness Pal and start logging your meals in NOW, so that by the time you hit maintenance you are in the habit. Most of all, remember that maintenance isn't something you should be afraid of, it's you exercising all of the control that you've gained over your eating during Phase 1.

Hello,

I'm baking oatmeal muffins from 3fc recepies and I was wondering if anybody has ever tried carb wise bagels and if they are as they say 0 carbs thank you

I would not recommend adding something like that to your Phase 1 plan. Many of those "zero carb" breads have been found to have completely incorrect nutritional info, some have even caused people to gain. Rule of thumb - if it seems too good to be true, there's probably a catch :)

Does the hungry feeling come back on maintenance? I'm really enjoying not having those intense hungry feelings or cravings and I'd prefer to never feel that way again! This no appetite thing has been amazing in helping me change my relationship with food. Thanks! Sam

It is OKAY to feel hungry!! In phase 1, you learn how to recognize TRUE hunger versus MENTAL hunger. So in maintenance, you should be able to KNOW when you are really hungry, or when you are just bored/stressed/thirsty/etc. Maintenance is regular life - hunger will happen, but you will be so much better equipped to analyze and deal with it than before.

Nice job!

Definitely not a sales pitch, three packets puts you roughly around 600-900 calories per day once you factor in the protein and veggies. Any less than that and you are WAY too low on calories, plus you will be shorting yourself on protein.
If you're having trouble with feeling overfull, try spacing out your veggies more during the day, or have your restricted earlier in the day. As Lisa said, some of the drinks are very light and still have the protein and calories you need, those might be better at the end of your day.

Nibblet
03-24-2013, 08:28 PM
I made Kale chips for the first time this afternoon and they were delicious!! I was so pleasantly surprised and I will definitely be making them again very soon.

I made this too for the first time yesterday and totally loved them. I think I used too much oil though cause only the ones on the outer edge of the pan were crispy. The rest were just baked.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. It's been snowing non stop around here since last night so I'm just staying home on the couch. I'm also trying not to get too discouraged. The scale hasn't moved an ounce in the last week and a half. I've been totally OP and am only going into my fourth week. I know to be patient but it's hard to struggle through these stalls. This is my second time around on IP so I'm wondering if my body is just resisting to the low calories. :?:

gottawork
03-24-2013, 09:56 PM

Hi JenRem, forgive me but I am new to this site and wanted to ask you more about the discount you mention if you order a decent amount. How do I go about doing that? Thanks so much - my pocket book could use a breather.

gottawork
03-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Did I do it right? lol? Did my reply show up under your post?

fam4me
03-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Good Morning! It's been a while, but I'm back. I was on IP last summer and was very successful. I'm back to lose about 20-25 more. It's funny how many people pass through here...I see a few familiar faces, but so many new people. I'm thinking (hoping) that my buddies from last summer are all in maintenance! I'm here for a re-boot and this site definitely helps to keep me on track. I started my re-boot about 2 weeks ago...so far, so good. The only difference this time around is that I seem to have a constant stomachache...not hunger or cramps. Just an ache that is always there...hmmmmm...I will keep pushing through. Have a great day!

Welcome back!

safetylady
03-24-2013, 10:30 PM
Hello everyone - Just want to say that the people on the board are the best. Have found you all so helpful. Thank you!

ginettepv
03-24-2013, 10:38 PM
Love your answers and insight.

I've copied the info about alternatives but I was wondering what would be the highest sugar content for an alternative. I am still new with the alternatives, trying to find things with the least amount of sugar alcohols as I get upset stomachs and acid reflux. Found a good protein shake with 1 carb, 160 cal, 10,5 fat 25 g of protein, but it has 4 grams of sugar.

Can't seem to find anything about sugars. Help. thanks:dizzy::^::headache

TNmom
03-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Its been 4 days well 5 tomorrow.... I drink my water and then some, eat my veggies. I just took 5 of the psyllium tabs (that's the dose the bottle said to use). I have never had this issue. Where do you get the smooth tea at? Might have to get some after work tomorrow if this doesnt work. It says I can take the pills up to 3 times a day. Has anyone ever taking multiple dose of this stuff? I have never had to use laxatives and thought a more 'natrual' approach would be better but 4-5 days is NO BUENO.

I'm into my 4th week of IP Lord I hope I dont have this issue the whole time. :(

scorbett1103
03-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Its been 4 days well 5 tomorrow.... I drink my water and then some, eat my veggies. I just took 5 of the psyllium tabs (that's the dose the bottle said to use). I have never had this issue. Where do you get the smooth tea at? Might have to get some after work tomorrow if this doesnt work. It says I can take the pills up to 3 times a day. Has anyone ever taking multiple dose of this stuff? I have never had to use laxatives and thought a more 'natrual' approach would be better but 4-5 days is NO BUENO.

I'm into my 4th week of IP Lord I hope I dont have this issue the whole time. :(

You might do better getting the psyllium husks (usually at health food stores) and not the pills. The husks are more fibrous and kinda "scrub out" your insides. The pills are just fiber (like metamucil) so you can't really overdose on them.

I get Smooth Move at Wal mart most of the time. You can also try Miralax, it isn't a stimulant but a stool softener - just make sure you drink plenty of water no matter what you try.

beepure
03-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Nearly 4 weeks in and OP entirely (no restricted) and beginning exercise per coach. Next WI on Tuesday and quick meeting with coach.

Just wondered if anyone has used Swai fish. It is not on the list, and I couldn't find much about it. Only one post referring to it as Basa. My wonderful supportive boyfriend bought it to cook for dinner thinking it was on the list, found out it wasn't. We are going with a turkey burger instead, but wanted to check for future reference.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!
:dancer:

scorbett1103
03-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Nearly 4 weeks in and OP entirely (no restricted) and beginning exercise per coach. Next WI on Tuesday and quick meeting with coach.

Just wondered if anyone has used Swai fish. It is not on the list, and I couldn't find much about it. Only one post referring to it as Basa. My wonderful supportive boyfriend bought it to cook for dinner thinking it was on the list, found out it wasn't. We are going with a turkey burger instead, but wanted to check for future reference.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!
:dancer:

I did a little research - Swai is a variety of catfish, which IS on the list. So next time he can definitely make it for you :)

TNmom
03-24-2013, 11:21 PM
You might do better getting the psyllium husks (usually at health food stores) and not the pills. The husks are more fibrous and kinda "scrub out" your insides. The pills are just fiber (like metamucil) so you can't really overdose on them.

I get Smooth Move at Wal mart most of the time. You can also try Miralax, it isn't a stimulant but a stool softener - just make sure you drink plenty of water no matter what you try.

Thanks! I'm taking another dose of the pills. I didnt see the tea.... will have to look again for it. Yes I will keep up the water. I always get 2-3 L in not counting tea/coffee decaf of course.

JessicaR
03-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Day 5. I made it through a party today with pizza and cake! :)

CarCamMom
03-25-2013, 12:14 AM
Welcome back!

Oh my gosh! Look at you! You look incredible!!!

TNmom
03-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Day 5. I made it through a party today with pizza and cake! :)

Good for you!!! Ugh... pizza. Instead of pizza & movie night last night we did movie and taco night. They made their tacos...soft, hard shell or chips and I made taco salad. Worked out well.
Making roast tomorrow night. They will have the potatoes/carrots and I will serve mine over caulirice :). I am determined to make this work and not feel left out! We've got this ;)

hebertwhite9
03-25-2013, 12:46 AM
Well I have been working the last three days, so this is my first time getting to log in. I have made it through the first week with a loss of 3.5#s. I am glad to have the loss, but thought it would be a bit more.

My biggest concern is the headache, that I have had every day. I have read in all the sticky threads that this is normal for a while, but how long does it usually last? I was under the impression that by the end of the first week, it would be done with! What I have not heard is the biological reason for the headache. If anyone has any input on the reasoning for the headaches, please let me know. It is not caffeine, for I have not drastically reduced my intake.

Delgen
03-25-2013, 02:33 AM
Well I have been working the last three days, so this is my first time getting to log in. I have made it through the first week with a loss of 3.5#s. I am glad to have the loss, but thought it would be a bit more.

My biggest concern is the headache, that I have had every day. I have read in all the sticky threads that this is normal for a while, but how long does it usually last? I was under the impression that by the end of the first week, it would be done with! What I have not heard is the biological reason for the headache. If anyone has any input on the reasoning for the headaches, please let me know. It is not caffeine, for I have not drastically reduced my intake.

Are you getting enough salt ? Put some sea salt and lick it off. That helps a lot. Plus you should not be exercising while on P1. Drinking all your water?

Delgen
03-25-2013, 02:37 AM

I get smooth move at target. It works very well