Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I take 2 refillable one-liter bottles to works with me daily in an insulated bag big enough for my lunch and the water. Mas the weather warms, I'll partially freeze the water bottles. (I quit doing that b/c I was getting so cold all the time.) I have a 24 oz tervis tumbler with a straw and I just sip all day. The Tervis usually starts with my breakfast smoothie. I rinse it when I get to work. If I'm cold, I make herbal tea with some of my water. I started this when I first started OP, when initial Ketosis has you really thirsty. This got me in the water habit.

I'm a teacher too and I travel from school to school. I certainly know where all the bathrooms are!
So you must make tea from what you have in the tumbler.

Thanks. Ii just have to do it.
Last summer I put out a big Sun Tea jug filled with ice, lemon, a sprig of mint from my garden and lemon slices. I may do that again, but heat it up by the mug.

Thanks, guys!
Old 03-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #32  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Advice from 100%folks? What strategies or tricks do you use to get in all your water? This is where I have the most difficulty, especially at work since I teach.
Hi Cindy! I'm probably one of the few that shouldn't advise on this because it is so hard for me as well. I have added Minute Maid Real Lemon to the water. There's also lemon crystals (expensive, but in small single use packets) but work if you don't want to refrigerate your lemon juice for water consumption. I stay away from Mio and other sweet tasting additives. The other thing is I've had better weight loss the weeks I've drank more than enough water (an extra 4 cups actually). I believe I wasted some time with my looses by just not feeling like drinking. I have become a true believer which is inspiring to not be as wishy-washy over water.
Hot herbal tea or decaf is great for when I'm cold. I have been told that drinking water thru a straw makes it go faster, but I have not found that to be the case for me. Large nice looking containers mugs/glasses to drink from make me feel like it's something nicer/special than just drinking the fluid.

Finding the timing to not have to run from a classroom of people to fluid balance - that's another challenge I'm sure. Hopefully someone in those kinds of jobs will have some ideas for you.

Barb
Old 03-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Hi Cindy! I'm probably one of the few that shouldn't advise on this because it is so hard for me as well. I have added Minute Maid Real Lemon to the water. There's also lemon crystals (expensive, but in small single use packets) but work if you don't want to refrigerate your lemon juice for water consumption. I stay away from Mio and other sweet tasting additives. The other thing is I've had better weight loss the weeks I've drank more than enough water (an extra 4 cups actually). I believe I wasted some time with my looses by just not feeling like drinking. I have become a true believer which is inspiring to not be as wishy-washy over water.
Hot herbal tea or decaf is great for when I'm cold. I have been told that drinking water thru a straw makes it go faster, but I have not found that to be the case for me. Large nice looking containers mugs/glasses to drink from make me feel like it's something nicer/special than just drinking the fluid.

Finding the timing to not have to run from a classroom of people to fluid balance - that's another challenge I'm sure. Hopefully someone in those kinds of jobs will have some ideas for you.

Barb
Thanks, Barb! And you look terrific!

I don't have it as bad as many who teach, since I teach at a university, but I have this awful fear that nature will call right during class.

I have not used much MIO either, but I think I need something to dress it up a bit. I like the lemon idea.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #34  

Quote:
So you must make tea from what you have in the tumbler.

Thanks. Ii just have to do it.
Last summer I put out a big Sun Tea jug filled with ice, lemon, a sprig of mint from my garden and lemon slices. I may do that again, but heat it up by the mug.

Thanks, guys!
I have a hot pot at work and tea bags. Just fill it from my water bottles I lug.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

....reference water....what I did and still do lol

Make my coffee in the morning and boil some water, by the time I'm done the coffee the water isn't as hot. I use Santa Cruz Organic Lemon Juice pour a bit of that in and it's "warm lemon juice". I drink water faster when it's a little warmer then room temperature and with the winter the warmth is helpful. Unfortunately the feeling of "cold" has never gotten better for me. I blamed it on ketosis when I was in Phase 1, but now I think it's because I don't have the fat insulating my organs and keeping the heat in.

I used to use "Real Lemon Juice", but then realized it had sulphates in it (doh!). I am allergic to sulphates and was in the ER once because of them so I immediately changed THAT! lol....best part of the Santa Cruz is that it tastes exactly like a squeezed lemon.

Last edited by Ishbel; 03-23-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #36  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Advice from 100%folks? What strategies or tricks do you use to get in all your water? This is where I have the most difficulty, especially at work since I teach.
My trick so far has been to add a little bit of Crystal Lite to my water bottle. I generally get 3 water bottles from 1 packet. It gives it a little flavor and I can always drink more without being bored! I hope it helps you too!
Old 03-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #37  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

I say this is one of my favorite threads, too! I love the positivity here and it helps me stay motivated and determined. A small NSV last night for me. I was talking to my mom about the program (I hate to refer to this as a diet, because it is truly a lifestyle change for me) and she said in passing "I think you're going to do it this time." It was so nice to hear that, that someone else believes I'm going to do it. I know I'm the only one that needs to believe, but it's so nice to have extra support. AND, it was my sister's birthday yesterday and my first time eating out I am proud to say that I stayed OP. It was hard and I REALLY wanted a piece of cake, but I want to be healthy more. The extra reinforcement I needed was on the scale this morning; another pound forever gone! Thanks for all of your support. Sam
Old 03-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #38  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
Beck81 - I just viewed your before and after pictures... Absolutely Amazing Transformation. You look incredible. Congrats!
Thanks JenRem! I am probably 10 lbs less than my after picture so I should post a new one. I started maintenance in January and it is going well so far. I need to look back at my before picture to keep me motivated.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #39  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoediva View Post
I say this is one of my favorite threads, too! I love the positivity here and it helps me stay motivated and determined. A small NSV last night for me. I was talking to my mom about the program (I hate to refer to this as a diet, because it is truly a lifestyle change for me) and she said in passing "I think you're going to do it this time." It was so nice to hear that, that someone else believes I'm going to do it. I know I'm the only one that needs to believe, but it's so nice to have extra support. AND, it was my sister's birthday yesterday and my first time eating out I am proud to say that I stayed OP. It was hard and I REALLY wanted a piece of cake, but I want to be healthy more. The extra reinforcement I needed was on the scale this morning; another pound forever gone! Thanks for all of your support. Sam
What an Awesome mom you have! I know it can be hard to miss out on the desserts at family gatherings, but there will be a day down the road when you can partake in them again. Also, the more often you don't have the slice of cake (or whatever it might be) the easier it gets. Great NSV! WTG
I know many of us here are hopeful/optomistic (and yet a little worried) about maintaining after we hit goal. However, there is a whole thread dedicated to Maintainers and these IPer's prove everyday that it can be done. I can guarantee that a large part of my future maintenace successes will be from staying plugged in to this site daily!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Re: Water

I have two glasses of water every time I eat. Since I have three meals and two snacks it works out great.

I also love herbal tea and have found some fruity ones that taste great hot or cold without sweetner.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #41  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoediva View Post
Good for you!
Great NSV!
It is nice to have the support! My DH and DD have been great, my son
is away at college, and I havent told him about IP or that Ive been working out, want to suprise him when he comes home beginning of May!
Having birthday dinner for DD boyfriend tomorrow night, made a cake but
gonna have choc pudding while they have the cake! It will be my NSV!
lol! Have a good nite.
D
Old 03-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
Re: Water

I have two glasses of water every time I eat. Since I have three meals and two snacks it works out great.

I also love herbal tea and have found some fruity ones that taste great hot or cold without sweetner.
Please share the names. I have been looking for some teas to try and need ones that I wouldn't have to use sweetner with. I'm not a fan of stevia or any of the sweetners I have tried so far.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #43  

Try peppermint tea. It's pretty good by itself

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-24-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Am a big drinker of herbal teas, currently love the Bigelow Perfect Peach and Red Rasberry
Old 03-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks yall! I'll be checking those out.
Closed Thread