Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 3/22/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 3/22/2013

lisa32989
03-22-2013, 06:45 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

iKande03
03-22-2013, 07:07 AM
Today is day 1 for me. I'm so excited! I hope everyone has a great day!

usmcvet
03-22-2013, 07:57 AM

You've taken the most important step, you've started! :carrot:

DRegan
03-22-2013, 07:59 AM

Best of luck to you!:cp:
I love the program, been on almost 4 weeks, lost 9lb.
Although I was only trying to lose 15lb, its been a huge
struggle for the past 19 years to get it off, this is the
first time something is working and I feel great! Never
hungry, other diets always left me craving all the time.
Just stick to the program and you will find success!!!

have a great OP day!!

D

mquinn106
03-22-2013, 08:33 AM

Welcome! Congrats on getting started! I've lost over 40 pounds in less than three months, this diet is amazing! And it gets easier, the first few days will be rough, but stick with it!

Gonna really try
03-22-2013, 08:40 AM
First off, as some may know by my past questions, i am having issues with search and get frustrated, probably too easily, surfing through the boards. Spend 9 to 10 hours a day at work on the computer, don't enjoy spending unproductive time on it when i'm home. Not to mention our internet is uber slow.

Thinking to get some alternatives. Is there a simple list somewhere what is non restrictive and what is restrivtive?

I am back into my size 10 jeans! Yippee!

Dd turns 16 shortly and will hopefully be getting her license soon. She is a pretty active/social kid and i am getting tired of playing chauffeur for her. We are looking at getting a car for her. Dh test drove a 2000 seabring convertible and we may go get it this weekend. I would have LOVED a convertible at 16. I'm excited for her and probably living vicariously through her? Of course since ds#1 is still living at home (he is 19) there will have to be a car shuffle, 3 car garage and 4 cars.

Trying to figure out Easter as we may be hosting. I guess ham is not allowed so thinking a ham and a small turkey breast. It is probably easier for me to stay op having it here. If only the cleaning ferries would show up and get the house cleaned.

Guess that is enough rambling for today.
Hope you all have a great weekend

pocahontas812
03-22-2013, 08:45 AM
Trying to figure out Easter as we may be hosting. I guess ham is not allowed so thinking a ham and a small turkey breast. It is probably easier for me to stay op having it here. If only the cleaning ferries would show up and get the house cleaned.

Fat free cooked ham is allowed on PI. If you make sure to trim off all the fat from your serving you can definitely eat it. However, given how salty ham is I don't recommend eating 8 oz. From personal experience I can tell you it will really make you retain water for a few days.

workingit50
03-22-2013, 09:13 AM
TGIF for sure. Been a busy week; tired and wired. Hungry because my eating and "packet" times have been thrown off by my busy schedule and NOT getting enough water in is also contributing to feeling "off".

Yay for slowing down.

Spiritman
03-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Thank goodness it's Friday. After two full days of a blizzard the winds have finally died down. Yesterday's WI for myself and DW were great - I'm down 10 pounds and DW is down 6 pounds. This is her biggest loss to date so needless to say she was in quite a good mood last night.

No students again today so I have the entire day to "prep" for next week. A nice way to ease into the weekend. Hope all is well with everyone else.

ragdoll74
03-22-2013, 09:40 AM

:welcome:
Days 2-4 can be really rough, so just hang in there! Make sure to come here daily for support, it really helps.

Thinking to get some alternatives. Is there a simple list somewhere what is non restrictive and what is restrivtive?

Congrats on the size 10's!!!
The attachement on the 4th post has a spreadsheet with a bunch of alternatives.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273855-alternative-spreadsheet.html

A1Texan
03-22-2013, 09:45 AM
WI Friday has seen another 2 Pounds gone for ever....I'm enjoying slipping down the back side toward goal.

Have a great weekend everyone and stay true to the program weather you are doing IP products or alternatives (like me), it does work. :D

Kat117
03-22-2013, 09:48 AM
had my WI today and am down a total of 91 pounds so far. Better yet is my BMI went from unreadable (over 50%) to 31%!!!

I also decided today to start training as an IP coach - part time. I am extremely excited about the chance to pay forward all the help I have gotten!

CW - 189

SylviesGirl
03-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Morning, All --

Good luck to those just starting out. Just prepare to feel pretty bad until about day 5, drink lots of water, and you'll do great.

Congrats to all the good weigh ins this week. So inspiring!

I am completely out of fresh veggies and feel like an addict out of my "stuff." Must. run. out. for. cukes! I feel insecure without certain veggies on standby at all times -- what a change! I used to feel that way about soda. :cool:

Make it a great day, everybody! Off I go . . .

kellyrn
03-22-2013, 10:00 AM
WI #2 - 4 pounds!

That's 11 pounds in 2 weeks. Very excited with the program thus far!

Delgen
03-22-2013, 10:02 AM

Today is the day you start something new and exciting! For me making the decision to just do it was the hardest part of the whole program. Once you get past the first 3 days it is the easiest thing ever.

My advice to you is to
stay 100% o program. There is a fantastic thread for those of us who are committed to the program. The support there is amazing.

Second, embrace the veggies! I do special things with veggies, making it the main dish of my evening meal.

Third. Come to these boards every single day. For me, these were the people who kept me on track and motivated me to FINALLY succeed at weight loss.

Three important suggestions. There are many more, but for me, those are the things that helped me the most.

Congratulations!!! :hug::hug::hug:

Cheekyskeeter
03-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Congrats to those just starting the program. I agree stick with it as it may be tough the first couple of days but gets better and you'll forget all about those initial days.

Also congrats to all of you with great WIs. I had mine yesterday and excited to see that I'm only 3.4 lbs away from my goal. I plan to do only one more week on P1 and start phasing off one week today!

I have a bit of a NSV. My Dad was a musician and when we lost him almost a year and a half ago (very quickly to cancer) I decided I was finally going to learn how to play the guitar. Found a teacher and have been taking lessons over a year now. Well my teacher has been bugging me to join in on an acoustic jam with him and between 10 and 15 other musicians (with me being the only female) but I never agreed ....until now. There's always a photographer present and he posts the pictures on his website and on the walls of his studio and I never liked the way I looked in photographs so I steered clear. Well tomorrow I am taking part in my very first jam and I'm very excited (and very nervous too but not about how I look more about messing up on the songs). Maybe I'll go out and buy a new outfit tonight lol....any excuse to go shopping.

benice
03-22-2013, 10:21 AM
First off, as some may know by my past questions, i am having issues with search and get frustrated, probably too easily, surfing through the boards. Spend 9 to 10 hours a day at work on the computer, don't enjoy spending unproductive time on it when i'm home. Not to mention our internet is uber slow.

Dd turns 16 shortly and will hopefully be getting her license soon. She is a pretty active/social kid and i am getting tired of playing chauffeur for her. We are looking at getting a car for her. Dh test drove a 2000 seabring convertible and we may go get it this weekend. I would have LOVED a convertible at 16. I'm excited for her and probably living vicariously through her? Of course since ds#1 is still living at home (he is 19) there will have to be a car shuffle, 3 car garage and 4 cars.

Guess that is enough rambling for today.
Hope you all have a great weekend

Blech. I agree with you about searching and surfing. I just don't have patience for it after a long day at work. Here are a few tips I have for you:

1. AmberJules just posted a cheet sheet for how to figure out if something is alternative or not. It's on the Quest Bar thread. LMK if you can't find that . Right now its on the first page. Some people may disagree slightly with her stats (some say the kcal range is more like 80-200) but I think it is a good general rule of thumb for IP equivalence.

2. Find something you want and then use Google to search. Type in the product and Ideal Protein and 3 Fat Chicks. If someone has discussed it, it will come up.

Good luck!

EDIT: I see Ragdoll has linked you to a spreadsheet. Great! I'll take a look at it too!

Mother of the Groom
03-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Happy Friday everyone!
I'm very inspired by all the great losses had by everyone Thursday and today. It truly is an amazing program.

I'm so excited for this week, I did my morning weight and it was 250.2!!!
By next Thursday I should be in the 240's. I can't remember the last time I was there. :)

Have a great day!

lumielumes
03-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Has anyone else gotten severe gas pains in your stomach? What are some remedies you use? I try to walk and have taken some gas x to see if that helps.

mrskuby
03-22-2013, 10:53 AM
Congrats to those just starting the program. I agree stick with it as it may be tough the first couple of days but gets better and you'll forget all about those initial days.

Also congrats to all of you with great WIs. I had mine yesterday and excited to see that I'm only 3.4 lbs away from my goal. I plan to do only one more week on P1 and start phasing off one week today!

I have a bit of a NSV. My Dad was a musician and when we lost him almost a year and a half ago (very quickly to cancer) I decided I was finally going to learn how to play the guitar. Found a teacher and have been taking lessons over a year now. Well my teacher has been bugging me to join in on an acoustic jam with him and between 10 and 15 other musicians (with me being the only female) but I never agreed ....until now. There's always a photographer present and he posts the pictures on his website and on the walls of his studio and I never liked the way I looked in photographs so I steered clear. Well tomorrow I am taking part in my very first jam and I'm very excited (and very nervous too but not about how I look more about messing up on the songs). Maybe I'll go out and buy a new outfit tonight lol....any excuse to go shopping.

That is soo exciting! You'll be great! I wish you were closer cause I would come out to cheer you on!!

I totally understand how you felt about the pics...DH has a truck that is constantly being photographed and videotaped. I spend most of the time trying to avoid all cameras because seeing what I actually looked like takes away from the memories for me. Hopefully this year will be different!

Last night I made honey mustard chicken with WF syrup and mustard...then served it on a salad. It was amazing! IDK why I've never done that before! Soo yummy and totally OP!

WI yesterday was up one lb but today I was back down so I won't change my ticker. Hopefully I have a whoosh next week!!

Ishbel
03-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Reference searching this site...use key words in Google "3 Fat Chicks Hair Loss"...that's how I found the "so much hair loss" thread to bump for people as the search wasn't being nice to me either...I wanted to poke my eyes out!

DRegan
03-22-2013, 10:56 AM

Thats awesome! and Happy Shopping!:carrot:
Jam on!

D

SylviesGirl
03-22-2013, 11:18 AM

I have the same hang up with pictures. I finally realized, I'd better find a way to get over this or my son will have almost no images of me during his childhood. How sad. I am SO happy for you -- this is a BIG NSV!!!! Have a great time!

ragdoll74
03-22-2013, 11:22 AM

Very exciting!
What a wonderful way to keep your dad close in your heart. My dad's been gone for 7.5 years and I miss him everyday. He used to watch Wheel of Fortune every night, so I have been watching it too ever since we lost him.

bttrhalf
03-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Well today is my WI hoping for a little loss, which would be great after traveling off and on for the last 3 weeks. first to see my sister for 5day and then a week later for business. had a great time with my sister but wasn't on plan very well (not horrible just not on plan) , then in St. Louis for work better on plan but did more exercise than I'm used to. this morning was at my weight before I went a traveling.
been bouncing back and forth a few pounds from goal for awhile need a kick in my pants to get me re-focused and get the last 5lbs off. :dizzy:
everyone have a great day.

ladylunk
03-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Morning, All --

I am completely out of fresh veggies and feel like an addict out of my "stuff." Must. run. out. for. cukes! I feel insecure without certain veggies on standby at all times -- what a change! I used to feel that way about soda.

This made me laugh sylvies girl! I like how you chose cukes haha!

That is a great NSV. So touching. Way to go on learning something new your dad would be so proud of you.

So my home scale said 175.1 this morning so I am just gonna go ahead and change my tracker. haha. It is 10:24 and I just finished making my recipe for my breakfast on fitness pal and fat secret trying to figure out the combos allowed for phase 3 breakfast is pretty involved. I even started working on it last night. I thought I was going to make a muesli cookie, what was I thinking that would require too much fat so pancake it is. We will see how it pans out. Thought I would see how all are doing before I go attempt making this monster breakfast. Have a good day. If the pancakes are good I will post in phase 3 breakfast ideas.

Suchawittygal
03-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Today is a big day for me! It's my 10th Anniversary..Yay! :carrot::carrot:

Also, I crossed the 40 lbs GONE forever mark today!! WOOT!! :dancer::dancer: I'm getting closer and closer to goal every week!

Congrats to everyone on their great losses this week! Job well done!!

scorbett1103
03-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Cheekyskeeter - what a fantastic NSV, and a great tribute to your dad. Break a leg!

Congrats to all the big losers!!! Nothing like going into the weekend a little lighter :)

Ladylunk - The Phase 3 breakfasts can be a little tough to balance, I've been trying to find a breakfast "cookie" recipe that meets the standards without either being too fattening or too carby. I'm still working on it, but the longer you make those P3 breakfasts the more you get in your wheelhouse what good substitutions are for certain ingredients, and how to work around more "traditional" recipes but get a similar effect. It will come! Thank goodness for that P3 thread to get us through in the meantime!

Bella73123
03-22-2013, 01:56 PM

Congratulations! The first few days are tough, but after that it's easier.

TGIF for sure. Been a busy week; tired and wired. Hungry because my eating and "packet" times have been thrown off by my busy schedule and NOT getting enough water in is also contributing to feeling "off".

Yay for slowing down.

This has been my life lately too, I can identify!

had my WI today and am down a total of 91 pounds so far. Better yet is my BMI went from unreadable (over 50%) to 31%!!!

I also decided today to start training as an IP coach - part time. I am extremely excited about the chance to pay forward all the help I have gotten!

CW - 189

Amazing! Congratulations on the 91lbs!

Desafinado
03-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all the people here on this board. Whenever I have a fleeting moment of wanting to cheat (today I was kinda rationalizing eating a square of chocolate) I come here, see the posts and think, "No. You committed to this and to yourself. Stay on plan." And I do.

Thanks everyone.

qballmhh
03-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all the people here on this board. Whenever I have a fleeting moment of wanting to cheat (today I was kinda rationalizing eating a square of chocolate) I come here, see the posts and think, "No. You committed to this and to yourself. Stay on plan." And I do.

Thanks everyone.

It's so true, and greatly appreciated!

lisa32989
03-22-2013, 03:16 PM

Thanks everyone.
Have an IP chocolate something-or-other and stay OP!
so great that you stopped yourself and KNEW you were rationalizing. So many people eat first and think later!

pinkeetoz
03-22-2013, 03:38 PM
I started the IP on March 5 and allowed myself a cheat day last Sunday so I am sure it kept me from losing more but I am still excited and feeling more confident with a 10 lb loss. Happy Friday!!

JenRem
03-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Yesterday's WI for myself and DW were great - I'm down 10 pounds and DW is down 6 pounds. This is her biggest loss to date so needless to say she was in quite a good mood last night.

WTG! Tell your wife Congrats for us, too! :carrot:

had my WI today and am down a total of 91 pounds so far. Better yet is my BMI went from unreadable (over 50%) to 31%!!! I also decided today to start training as an IP coach - part time. I am extremely excited about the chance to pay forward all the help I have gotten!

WOWZO - 90 lbs. That is so awesome!
I think it's so cool that you are going to be an IP Coach! With some of the horror stories of other IPer's coaches, you'll already be so far ahead in the training with having been a part of this site! Good for you! I know you'll do great and be such a true inspiration to all your clients - someone who has really walked in their shoes, so to speak! Keep us posted on your Coaching journey! :hug:

WI #2 - 4 pounds! That's 11 pounds in 2 weeks. Very excited with the program thus far!

WTG! Keep up the great job! :carrot:

I have a bit of a NSV. My Dad was a musician and we lost him almost a year and a half. Well tomorrow I am taking part in my very first music jam and I'm very excited (and very nervous too but not about how I look more about messing up on the songs)

Have lots of FUN; your Dad will be there jammin' with you in spirit! :hug:

I'm so excited for this week, I did my morning weight and it was 250.2!!! By next Thursday I should be in the 240's. I can't remember the last time I was there. :)

Congrats. I love when I hit a weight loss number on the scale and I have to think back to how long ago it was that I last weighed "x" amount.
Such a great and SUCCESSFUL feeling! :carrot:

Well today is my WI hoping for a little loss, which would be great after traveling off and on for the last 3 weeks.

Here's hoping to the scale being extra nice to you!
*If it doesn't, be kind to yourself - you've had some busy weeks and sometimes it just takes time for our bodies to adjust back to normal life. Hang in there!

Also, I crossed the 40 lbs GONE forever mark today!! WOOT!! :dancer::dancer: I'm getting closer and closer to goal every week!

Happy Anniversary! Tell your husband for us, too! I don't go to the Mens Thread, so I don't get to see his postings.
Wow - you are getting so close to goal! I remember a few months ago when getting under 160 was a huge wall you had built up in your mind! Look at you now! Just proves that you just have to persevere and it will happen! :carrot:

Trying to figure out Easter as we may be hosting. It is probably easier for me to stay op having it here. If only the cleaning ferries would show up and get the house cleaned.

Aren't the cleaning ferries your kids!!! LOL - Just kidding! When I read your post that is what immediately popped into my mind. I remember when I was about 10 years old and I was griping to my mom about having to do chores, I made a comment to her like, "The only reason you had us kids was so that we could clean the house for you!" Ridiculous I know, but that's what I said - lol.
Good Luck hosting Easter. You'll do great and planning ahead will make it easier to stay OP. You can do it!

Just wanted to say thanks to all the people here on this board. Whenever I have a fleeting moment of wanting to cheat (today I was kinda rationalizing eating a square of chocolate) I come here, see the posts and think, "No. You committed to this and to yourself. Stay on plan." And I do. Thanks everyone.

Great NSV - The truth is that you'd only have that wonderful taste of chocolate in your mouth for about 10 seconds (but it is a great taste, right!?!) whereas, the "taste" of staying OP lasts soooo much longer and keeps you headed in the right direction. Have us here on 3FC be your addiction - lol!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, I'm off in a couple of hours to attend my DH's step-grandmothers memorial service :(

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP Friday/Weekend! Jen

A1Texan
03-22-2013, 03:42 PM

Congrats..!!! Have a super weekend!

fitandfabfrog
03-22-2013, 03:45 PM

Thanks everyone.

I totally agree! Glad you stayed OP!!;)

fitandfabfrog
03-22-2013, 03:50 PM
I started the IP on March 5 and allowed myself a cheat day last Sunday so I am sure it kept me from losing more but I am still excited and feeling more confident with a 10 lb loss. Happy Friday!!

Amazing what releasing 10 pounds helps you feel, huh! Keep OP and you will be done with 10 more in no time!

amberjules
03-22-2013, 04:01 PM
WI Friday has seen another 2 Pounds gone for ever....I'm enjoying slipping down the back side toward goal.

Have a great weekend everyone and stay true to the program weather you are doing IP products or alternatives (like me), it does work. :D

Congrats Texan another 2 lbs this week! You're on the downward slope!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

OMG you're so close to goal..only 5 more lbs. How exciting!!! How are you feeling? You ready to go buy a whole new wardrobe?:carrot::carrot:

M35A2
03-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Picked up a couple of new items (new to me) at WI today. Can't say I'm impressed with the Pink Lemonade. I'll be able to drink it without any problem but doubt I'll buy it again. I've got some Butterscotch Pudding chillin' in the fridge. I'm holding out hope that it's better.

Congrats to all the great loses today. I'm officially in Onederland and at the 50% point. My coach wanted to know if I was interested in Phasing off for a while in case things were getting boring. I told her since last week was the biggest lose since week 1 that I was going to keep going. If the next 2 months are as easy as the last 2 then there's no stopping 'til GOAL!

ladylunk
03-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Congrats to all the great loses today. I'm officially in Onederland and at the 50% point. My coach wanted to know if I was interested in Phasing off for a while in case things were getting boring. I told her since last week was the biggest lose since week 1 that I was going to keep going. If the next 2 months are as easy as the last 2 then there's no stopping 'til GOAL!

Way to go on making onderland. And halfway nice job! Interesting that your coach offered to switch up the plan that way. It's how I decided to do it from the start, but pretty taboo around these parts for doing it that way. Good luck to you sounds like it will be easyforyou! Oh man typing on mytab isso annoying excuse the errors please. Can't wait fixcomputer.

GreatLakes86
03-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Butterscotch pudding blended with water, ice, instant decaf coffee granules (1 Tbsp), and a spoonful of WF Caramel Dip....tastes like a frappuchino. Om nom nom. :drool:

safetylady
03-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Small victory today for me. Had cake and ice cream for a co-worker today, not only was I the one that picked everything up at the market, I was also the one that was not tempted to have any. I sliced the cake, handed it out, and then socialized. For me that is a victory!!!

Have finished two weeks and have lost 12.6 pounds.

getnlean
03-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Hello All

I have been lurking around on this site since January and have learned so much. I thought it was about time I joined. I started IP February 13th and have lost 17'.5 lbs to date.

disgal
03-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Hello All

I have been lurking around on this site since January and have learned so much. I thought it was about time I joined. I started IP February 13th and have lost 17'.5 lbs to date.

:welcome: :carrot:

Suchawittygal
03-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Congrats Texan another 2 lbs this week! You're on the downward slope!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

OMG you're so close to goal..only 5 more lbs. How exciting!!! How are you feeling? You ready to go buy a whole new wardrobe?:carrot::carrot:

I really want to go shopping and HAVE to get some more work clothes, but I'm thinking about changing my goal weight to 130, so I might just get a few things and then REALLYL go shopping when I hit my new goal.

usmcvet
03-22-2013, 08:04 PM

Congratulations on your tenth and forty pounds! Sweet!

Have an IP chocolate something-or-other and stay OP!
so great that you stopped yourself and KNEW you were rationalizing. So many people eat first and think later!
I agree!
Picked up a couple of new items (new to me) at WI today. Can't say I'm impressed with the Pink Lemonade. I'll be able to drink it without any problem but doubt I'll buy it again. I've got some Butterscotch Pudding chillin' in the fridge. I'm holding out hope that it's better.

Dude awesomeness on making it below 200!

Small victory today for me. Had cake and ice cream for a co-worker today, not only was I the one that picked everything up at the market, I was also the one that was not tempted to have any. I sliced the cake, handed it out, and then socialized. For me that is a victory!!!

Have finished two weeks and have lost 12.6 pounds.. That is awesome. I had homage banana bread delivered to work by a friend, I was still warm! I put it in the fridge for my co-workers. Banana is an all time my favorite, especially toasted with butter. I had none!

newday2013
03-22-2013, 08:15 PM
I hate to be the pity monster but...very stressful week...think I ate too much...meat probably. I'll have 2-3 oz at lunch, then another 8 for dinner. Have to stop that! Now I'm constipated and TOM...WI was depressing 0...but 1/2in off my waist. So...tomorrow will be better, TOM will be almost over and no more stress.

fitandfabfrog
03-22-2013, 08:22 PM

I would consider that a HUGE victory! Way to go!

JenRem
03-22-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm officially in Onederland and at the 50% point.

ONEDERLAND - Awesome. Welcome! :carrot:

WTG! Great NSV and they do get easier. Congrats on the WL thus far; you're doing terrific!

I have lost 17'.5 lbs to date.

Welcome! Wow 17.5 lbs lost; keep it up!

I had homemade banana bread delivered to work by a friend, it was still warm! I put it in the fridge for my co-workers. Banana is an all time my favorite, especially toasted with butter. I had none!

WTG! Great resolve; very proud of you!

I hate to be the pity monster but...very stressful week...think I ate too much...meat probably. I'll have 2-3 oz at lunch, then another 8 for dinner. Have to stop that! Now I'm constipated and TOM...WI was depressing 0...but 1/2in off my waist. So...tomorrow will be better, TOM will be almost over and no more stress.

Sometimes I'm just hungry even when I've ate my other food. When this happens, I go for extra protein. Not a huge deal done once in awhile. Have you seen people talk about the tea they use when they are constipated? I don't recall the name. I'm sure someone will tell us soon.
Yes, tomorrow will be better. Hang in there! :hug:

funstaffordmom
03-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Tomorrow is my 3rd WI. I don't feel like I've lost any weight or inches. But two folks commented that I've lost at work today..... So who knows.....

JenRem
03-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Congrats on the comments at work. Aren't they great!
There have been times where I just wasn't feeling thinner at WI, but the scale proved me wrong. You never know! Good Luck!

Msbehaving
03-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Just had rhubarb and IP jello....yummy!! Don't know why I waited so long - rhubarb is definitely going into the weekly rotation. So grateful for the recipes and ideas here. Making my journey much easier. I feel like I've kind of hit a good groove and am making wonderful progress. Steady losses, decent energy levels, minimal hunger levels, and only a bit of tummy trouble.

ginettepv
03-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Just had rhubarb and IP jello....yummy!! Don't know why I waited so long - rhubarb is definitely going into the weekly rotation. So grateful for the recipes and ideas here. Making my journey much easier. I feel like I've kind of hit a good groove and am making wonderful progress. Steady losses, decent energy levels, minimal hunger levels, and only a bit of tummy trouble.

bought everything to make it except the rhubarb, can't find frozen rhubarb anywhere? I'm in Canada but still wondering where people are getting it. Would love to try the recipe.

Charbarot
03-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Had my 4th WI today before I had to go to work. Lost 1.6 lbs. I was bummed to have lost such a low amount....but it's a loss.so that makes it 12.6 lbs so far. Have a question. I know exercising isn't mandatory....but are you all exercising?

GreatLakes86
03-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Rhubarb and jello is on the menu tonight. It is super good.

I haven't found rhubarb anywhere in the freezer section, but it has appeared in the produce aisle over the last few weeks. It has been hit and miss on whether it is there though.

Msbehaving
03-22-2013, 10:47 PM
bought everything to make it except the rhubarb, can't find frozen rhubarb anywhere? I'm in Canada but still wondering where people are getting it. Would love to try the recipe.

Fresh rhubarb showed up at my grocery store.

Donna Gel
03-22-2013, 10:48 PM
:cp::cp::cp:Small victory today for me. Had cake and ice cream for a co-worker today, not only was I the one that picked everything up at the market, I was also the one that was not tempted to have any. I sliced the cake, handed it out, and then socialized. For me that is a victory!!!

:cp::cp::cp:

Charbarot
03-22-2013, 10:55 PM

Congratulations on showing restraint. We had a catered party at my office today. There was also a cake. I brought my own lunch and didn't cheat once. But let me tell you..it was hard...but I stayed dedicated to the diet. Everyone was asking why I brought my lunch...I just responded I preferred to eat healthy. I was so glad when the day was over and I could leave all of that temptation

workingit50
03-22-2013, 10:57 PM
Another long day committed to OP and unwinding with hot tea but dreaming of a glass of wine

newday2013
03-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Congratulations on showing restraint. We had a catered party at my office today. There was also a cake. I brought my own lunch and didn't cheat once. But let me tell you..it was hard...but I stayed dedicated to the diet. Everyone was asking why I brought my lunch...I just responded I preferred to eat healthy. I was so glad when the day was over and I could leave all of that temptation

I find it's not even "restraint"but more like a switch has gone on. If I'm not hungry, I feel satisfied, and don't even feel like I'm white knuckling it anymore, if I am wanting something, I know it's just a few hours away (chocolate, crunchy, etc.). I can have it, just in a different format. Looking forward to organize and cook some lunches for next week and trying some new recepies.

ladylunk
03-22-2013, 11:17 PM

Try safeway freezer section I get the safeway brand. I am in canada too. Rhubarb is a treat I have been having the last few evenings for dessert. So good.

evepet
03-22-2013, 11:24 PM

I don't think we have Safeway in Ontario. I'm in Peterborough, Ontario, and the only place I've found frozen rhubarb consistently is at my local FarmBoy supermarket. I'm not sure how widespread that grocery chain is in the province. But it you're near one, check it out.

Tziri
03-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Had my weigh-in today and I'm 70 lbs down!!! The picture below is me with my jeans before starting IP (ack!); I have had these jeans since high school. I really love this diet and it works as long as you stick with it! I will be moving on to phase 2 next week for some personal reasons. Mainly because I will be starting some intense strength and cardio training (very excited about this). I will definitely keep following IP (later phases) to lose the rest of my weight. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Congrats on everyone's losses this week!!

evepet
03-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Had my weigh-in today and I'm 70 lbs down!!! The picture below is me with my jeans before starting IP (ack!); I have had these jeans since high school. I really love this diet and it works as long as you stick with it! I will be moving on to phase 2 next week for some personal reasons. Mainly because I will be starting some intense strength and cardio training (very excited about this). I will definitely keep following IP (later phases) to lose the rest of my weight. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Congrats on everyone's losses this week!!

You look fabulous! Way To Go! :carrot:

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-22-2013, 11:32 PM

Thanks everyone.

I can SO relate! I'm pretty new here and I've had quite a few rough patches, I think due to TOM. Why did I think it'd be ok to have pizza in the house? It's only my favorite! I stayed strong, too, thanks to a lot of the people here.

21.5 lbs down in 4 weeks! I'm a third of the way there!

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-22-2013, 11:37 PM
Oh my gosh. I told my coach today that I bought some extra Ideal Protein products online so I could have more of a variety. (Well,it wasn't IP) But she looked horrified! "Oh no, they can't do that That's illegal. They're gonna get shut down, WE'RE gonna get shut down!"

Errrrr.....wow. I was really just trying to explain away why I wasn't eating what was on my weekly menu... I didn't expect all of that! LOL.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

TNmom
03-22-2013, 11:43 PM
Week three weigh in down 3.8. Thats 16.2 lbs )nd 10 &1/4 inched in 3 weeks. Onederland!! :)

JenRem
03-23-2013, 12:20 AM

Wowzo! You look amazing. Congrats. Best of Luck to you on your intense exercise program. Be sure to stop in and say "Hi" and let us know how you're doing! Thanks for sharing your picture :)

Why did I think it'd be ok to have pizza in the house? It's only my favorite! I stayed strong, too, thanks to a lot of the people here. 21.5 lbs down in 4 weeks! I'm a third of the way there!

Great NSV! Glad you have a bunch of supportive people around you. I don't allow the foods that are my highest tempation in the house. My plan is when I get to maintenance and have a "cheat day", I won't bring those foods in the house. I will only allow myself to have them out at a restaurant or gathering. Too hard to resist if there in the house and I'm one of those people that would struggle to throw it in the garbage, therefore I'd feel the need to eat it all, so it would be done with.
Congrats on a great first month!

Week three weigh in down 3.8. Thats 16.2 lbs )nd 10 &1/4 inched in 3 weeks. Onederland!! :)

ONEDERLAND - Welcome and Congrats! :carrot:

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-23-2013, 12:52 AM
Wowzo! You look amazing. Congrats. Best of Luck to you on your intense exercise program. Be sure to stop in and say "Hi" and let us know how you're doing! Thanks for sharing your picture :)

Great NSV! Glad you have a bunch of supportive people around you. I don't allow the foods that are my highest tempation in the house. My plan is when I get to maintenance and have a "cheat day", I won't bring those foods in the house. I will only allow myself to have them out at a restaurant or gathering. Too hard to resist if there in the house and I'm one of those people that would struggle to throw it in the garbage, therefore I'd feel the need to eat it all, so it would be done with.
Congrats on a great first month!

ONEDERLAND - Welcome and Congrats! :carrot:

:) Thanks!

Delgen
03-23-2013, 02:00 AM

Wow, you have lost as much as a smelly gymnast!! Way to go,:hug: